Reviews of Spring Hill Terraces 3.5 stars

260 Water Street, Spring Hill, 4000 Brisbane, Australia

#69 of 148 hotels in Brisbane

Overall convenient , comfortable with good amenities and value for money.
    • Deluxe Suite

Communication between cleaning staff regarding my late check out! the cleaner banged on the door whilst I was in the shower and didn't seem to believe me when I said I had an approved late check out and didn't apologize either.

The room was clean and tidy and bed comfy . Nice big pillows and extra doona. Nice hot shower. Close to town. Late check out for no extra cost and late check in too. Friendly management very helpful. Off street parking.

Nice friendly motel conveniently located near Fortitude Valley & not far from Brisbane CBD
    • Standard Queen Room

Free onsite parking was good, esp as surrounding streets all time limited or pay. 800m walk away was a stop on the free city bus loop, so for a bit of walking could use it to get to many attractions.

I would not book a budget room again as it was not a pleasant experience for me.
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

I thought I had booked a room with an ensuite. But it ended up being a “ budget” room with shared bathroom facilities on the floor below, accessed by steep stairs. The bed was also only a double size and was very uncomfortable. It was pushed up against a wall as the room was small. This meant my partner had to climb over me to get up. The mattress was hard, had a hard ridge and a hollow at hip level. The shared bathroom had no lock to the corridor. The toilet and shower cubicle were separate and had locks. But I felt unsafe accessing it at night. The shower had little room to hang clothes to keep them dry.

The manager was lovely.

Okay
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Very noisy. Admittedly, staff did me a favour by offering to change rooms as it was better set up for winter (warmer), but it was next to a stairway and people were up and down it all night. It was a Saturday night. I was very tired the next day due to being constantly woken.

The particular room I got was very cute, with a loft type feel to it. Clean and comfy.

Fair value.
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Room was not cleaned up for my entire 7 days stay. No mineral water provided. Spring hill area being a hill so the road is upsloping. Not a fun idea to drag your luggage for the entire hike. Have to take a taxi or uber or bus.

Shared bathroom was clean with shampoo and soap. Amenities were provided. Location pretty close to fullerton area. Brisbane is a relatively safe area even at night. For a price this cheap it is relatively a fair value.

Affordable would be excellent for younger clientele or physically fit. Owners are nice.
    • Family Studio

I didn't realise it was on the second floor my partner and i have health issues so it was very difficult access for us. The shower door was very narrow we both have a bit of size to us so had to enter carefully sideways i am sure we won't be the only ones to have these issues.

The bed was comfortable, lovely size room and had a kitchenette that was all good.

My stay all in all it was excellent
    • Standard Queen Room

It could be more better if there is cctv camera outside and in the veranda of the motel to make the customer safe

I had a good experienced staying this property cheap clean and accessible to china town

Comfy accomodation and very polite staff. Neat location and secure parking was bonza.
    • Standard Queen Room

Shower cubicle was quite slow to drain, but the water depth never got more then an inch and a half deep.

Great location, relatively easy to go for a walk for meals.

Great value for money and centrally located.
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

The area around the property was a bit rough/inner city but we didn't feel unsafe. No breakfast offered and during a busy season I would suspect sharing a bathroom and one toilet with two floors of bedrooms might be problematic, but we didn't have any issues during our stay.

Close to city centre and train station (Fortitude Valley) and china town. Amenities were good value for the price and room was nice and clean. Staff were helpful and friendly and willing to assist with any queries. Bed was comfy and clean towels and soap were provided. The showers and toilet area was clean despite being shared.

Fully recommendable: friendly owner, clean rooms, good location
    • Standard Queen Room

The owner was extremely friendly and gave us a lot of valuable information about Brisbane. The rooms were clean and the mattresses really comfortable. I truly can recommend Spring Hill Terraces which is in a good location, close to the central district of Brisbane.

Perfect. Will return next time I’m in Brisbane.
    • Standard Queen Room

The rooms are perfect for anyone passing through Brisbane area. They are always clean, the staff are friendly and there’s free parking on site! It’s quite affordable and the owner lives on site so is able to help with any of your needs.

Enjoyable.
    • Standard Queen Room

No air exhaust in the toilet/bathroom.

Though the units are a little dated, they were very clean and the Bed was very comfortable. Glad to hear and see renovations are going to be done to refresh the motel.

Pleasant.
    • Standard Queen Room

Staff were very helpful and pleasant. Courtyard water garden made it feel like I wasn't in the middle of the city. Off-street and undercover parking was good.

really nice and helpful staff, easy walking distance to...
    • One-Bedroom Suite

some traffic noise as our unit was on the corner of the busy street

really nice and helpful staff, easy walking distance to restaurants, groceries, ferry....

Stay away
    • Apartment with Terrace

There were wasp/hornet nests inside the property. Indoors on the curtains. The mattress was extremely uncomfortable - old and rock hard. All 4 of us that stayed are now injured as a result of lying of on the mattresses.

Clean and comfy but a few things could make it better
    • Standard Queen Room

Shower pressure was good, but twice it took a while for the water to get hot. There were only coffee mugs, and no glasses for water. Nor was there a water jug. The ironing board is very small and for use on a table, but no plug by the table. The parking lot can get full. I don't like the system where there is only power if the key is in the "holder".

Shower pressure was good. Friendly staff. Good TV

It was average
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

I was a bit disappointed that nothing was said about the kitchen . How there was no microwave, toaster , plates , bowls , cutlery etc . And the sheets weren’t changed at all while we were there . We weren’t restocked with coffee tea or milk

I would recommend Spring Hill Terrace apartments it's value for money it's clean and tidy staff were
    • Standard Twin Room

Maybe they can fix a showers as the shower head sprayed out the wrong way but other than that I didn't have a problem with it

The rooms were a good size for two.close to everything we need it would definitely recommend Spring Hill Terrace apartments we will definitely use them in our next trip.

Good for the price
    • Standard Queen Room

I didn't like how far away it was from everything, as I like to walk around and reach everyhting by foot but generally Brisbane felt like a city built for cars anyway.

The room was fine, clean and cozy.

Lovely place.
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

About a 20 minute walk from CBD but it was very easy.

Comfortable with tea and coffee in the rooms. Friendly staff and free parking was great. Was very kindly given a free upgrade.

Loved our stay here, would definitely book again
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Shower could have been better

Convenient for Brisbane, spacious good accommodation, including washing machine and tumble dryer, lovely swimming pool No question when we booked in early

Good if you just need a bed.
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Two lights didn't work in our room, but that was quickly rectified. There was no replenishing of sugar etc, we had to go ask reception for more. No glasses were provided for water only 2 coffee cups. A bad water hammer in the shower if you don't turn the water pressure up high enough.

The staff were friendly and helpful.Secured parking on site. Comfortable bed. For the price one can't really expect too much.

Everything we needed.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Only thing missing was a hairdryer but when I enquired they said it could be arranged.

The accommodation was spotlessly clean. Very quiet at night. The manager and his wife are very friendly and accommodating and helped to make our stay more enjoyable.

Great for value
    • Standard Queen Room

We got a room by the road, so it was a bit noisy with all the cars driving by in the middle of the night when we were trying to sleep. The AC was very loud, it's a very old model. Overall good for value.

The owner was very friendly and pleasant, the bed was pretty comfortable, shower was decent. The location is not bad for the price, we were able to walk/take the free shuttle bus around fine. Free parking for guests is a great feature.

Nice stay minus 3rd persons horrible 'bed'
    • Family Studio

The 3rd 'bed' was not very good at all. We paid for a 3rd person but the bed was one of those fold up ones and the mattress on the bed was ridiculously thin and very hard. Ended up sleeping on the couch instead of the bed we unfortunately had to pay for. The bed was also just put in the living area/lounge room. Would be good if this kind of thing was specified on the site rather than turning up and finding out then.

Was walking distance from the Valley. The place was nice and clean. Didn't swim in the pool but definitely a great thing to have on offer for guests.

our stay was comfortable, peaceful and very friendly.
    • Standard Queen Room

the air-con worked but didn't really make the room cold it was fine though because the ceiling fan made up for it, we did tell the worker and he says they'll be upgrading, other than that the stay was fine (:

the room was nice and comfortable, good value, customer service was awesome and it was only an 8 minute walk to the valley so close to everything, overall my partner and i enjoyed our stay and would go back (:

Worth while
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

i liked the location very close to the valeey etc ,i was down for mrs browns boys at the entertainment centre the motel is very clean and comfortable great value for money friendly helpful staff !

Nice accommodation, suitable for all publics.
    • Family Studio

Windows could be soundproof: you can hear the sound of traffic during the day. But it's not a real inconvenient because, during the night, streets around the hotel are very silent and quiet.

Very positive: balcony, sink, fridge, toaster, water boiler, cutlery, mugs, dishes.

Prefect
    • Standard Twin Room

The air condition is a little bit out of style. It's noisy when you sleep.

Good location and lovely staffs. Clean room and environment. I can fell that owner is operating this hotel diligently.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

I'm returning each there each month.

Not applicable

Manager was accomodating in every regard. Communication was enjoyable and very worldly with his views. The location facility value for money and not at leased the manager was above any expectation and recommend above all other motels.

Shoulda booked somewhere else
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

The staff were incredibly rude, think better suited to having zero customer contact, suggested we were druggies (no just booked the wrong hotel guys). The room was tiny and I kept looking for the bathroom, realised it was not in the room. Really I would rather sleep under a bridge, in the car, on a cactus then ever set foot in that place again. Sell your business guys before you go bankrupt cos your customer service skills are terrible

The location was the only positive, the parking was good. Room was ok but a seperate bathroom, which century are we in??

Would definitely be back. Nice little place, quiet, easy to get to, lovely staff
    • Standard Twin Room

Can't fault anything really. It's cheap accommodation that provided what we needed

We just needed a place to chuck our stuff and sleep for a few hours really but the owner/ manager was super lovely and very accommodating for my friend who arrived hours before me. The beds were comfy, bathroom was small but suited our purposes. Easy to get to the city and Valley and loads of public transport nearby

Pleasant and suited my short stay.
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Had a budget room with a shared bathroom with basic inclusions I should of checked the booking more thoroughly.

Very clean, lovely management, safe under cover parking, close to Brisbane CBD

The staff was very kind and helpful.

Shared bathroom

The staff was very kind and helpful. The motel is great located - close to a train station, 20-30 Min. to the airport and not far from the city centre.

Falsely accused and debited
    • Standard Queen Room

However on this last stay money has been debited from my card that was not approved. Upon inquiry I have been accused of stealing a pillow which I did not. After trying to clarify and then of course becoming angry and demanding my stolen funds back apparently I will now be reported to the police. Go Ahead. Be careful with your card people. Hope whenHahn finds that pillow hes man enough to apologize.

Ive stayed at this location previously and loved the security and locality to Fortitude Valley

Pretty good accommodation for short stay. Close to the City Centre.
    • Standard Queen Room

No lounge or dining room inside available. Wifi with 1GB Data available but very slow.

Staff is friendly & great to talk to, room has TV & fridge, is comfortable and quiet, everything is clean. Hot water kettle, some tea bags & coffee sachets, milk & sugar sachets available.

Was fine for our needs would stay again
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Due to low clearance had to park in street but was able to get parking right out front

Was an easy walk to many dining options.was farely quite our floor was a share bathroom

Great if you are looking for complete basics
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Sharing a bathroom (I didn't notice this when I was booking) and having to turn the power off everything if I went to the bathroom. Having the pool in the front of the motel meant you were on show to public.

The room was as basic as basic but clean. My room did not have a view but I was not there for that. I liked that food was able to be delivered directly to my room. The television channel choices were good.

Worst stay ever!
    • Standard Queen Room

Hairs on toilet and in bathroom, black stuff leaking from the cold water tap, no hair dryer, shampoo or conditioner. Coffee cup badly stained, no drinking glasses, no ice trays and to top all this off my breakfast was cold when delivered and of course their coffee machine was broken so no coffee???

The bed was good

Great location and very welcoming.
    • Standard Queen Room

The owners at reception were so friendly and genuinely nice. The location is perfect, walking distance to the city and to Brisbane showgrounds. Very nice and quiet at night. The whole place was so clean and well looked after. Will definitely be back.

The place is in a very good location close to restaurants...
    • Standard Queen Room

They not clean the room and they don’t change the towels if you don't ask for it

The place is in a very good location close to restaurants and bars

Cheap
    • Standard Queen Room

Toilet leaked on floor and freezer kept defrosting flooding fridge foods. Parking needs attention - if going to advertise its available need to have it.

Management very friendly and helpful. Nice layout upstairs just needs set parking for rooms.

The manager is very friendly and welcoming, and happy to...
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The manager is very friendly and welcoming, and happy to accommodate requests. It is such a convenient location and probably offers the best value for money in Brisbane. The little townhouses are brilliant for families - they are like living in a little cottage. Parents have the loft upstairs and kids get a TV area downstairs.

Short walk to Showgrounds & amazingly friendly staff
    • Standard Queen Room

Room was great, and staff were very friendly and accomodating. Free parking was great to have as I didn't know my way around the city and could leave my car and walk.

Basic hotel that has a very small room. Little below average features but the location was good.
    • Standard Queen Room

The small size of the room, no where to move around at all. The parking was a bit of a hassle.. had to leave the keys with reception incase they had to move the car.

Horrible host
    • Apartment with Terrace

After hours service was poor and the late night manager was frustrating and disturbed us around midnight. Totally not going back.

I liked nothing about this place.

It was comfortable and peaceful and all that was needed for a solo traveller :)
    • Standard Queen Room

Couldn't get netflix to work, maybe it wasn't an option. Not really anywhere around to have dinner, wasn't comfortable about walking around by myself at nighttime.

Privacy and mostly quiet

Great for an overnighter.
    • Standard Queen Room

Easy to find and easy to park. The room was clean and comfortable for an overnight stay. Will be staying again. Price was great for so close to the city. Staff were very easy to communicate with.

Very roomy!

The pull out sofa was hard as a rock. Only a small air-conditioning unit upstairs, not sure how that goes in Queensland summers. You need a swipe to get in and out of the property at night, apparently some were broken so we were only given one between the two rooms that we had booked, this was pretty inconvenient between six people. But it does add security to the property so pros and cons.

Very roomy! Great location and good value for money. The property owner is lovely. Would definitely stay here again if we were on the hunt for budget friendly accomodation.

never again would not recommened

the service unprofessional

l arrived & had to pay $436 were l paid in full when booked told my key card had expired it seemed all right when paid another $200 for a deposit l'll be checking bank statements lucky l had the money

For the new owners to only be in there 6 weeks prior to our stay it was great.
    • Standard Queen Room

Wifi didn't work properly, the air con units ( which are due to be replaced) were aged and noisey.

Beds were comfy, staff were lovely and very helpful

Friendly staff, perfect location, comfortable and will definitely book here again!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

My Recent business trip went very smoothly with my two children under two years. We had a spacious, clean and comfortable stay at Spring Hill Terraces. I will definitely be booked here again! The location was a 5 min walk to the RNA showgrounds, walking distance to Fortitude Valley, swimming pools and parks. The staff and owners of the property were amazing and I feel went over and above my expectations to help make our stay great. Thank you

Comfortable stay with no frills
    • Standard Queen Room

It will be nice when they get their screeching metallic roller door fixed! ... *Very* noisy at night when someone comes in late. :/ ... Unfortunate for them, but I'm sure it will be fixed in time

It was a comfortable stay and was nice and clean. No frills, nothing special, but a comfortable place to spend a few days and would happily return again in future.

Lovely place to stay from far away home.

Not a single thing.

Sandy and her husband are lovely. You couldn't ask for more warmth welcome than that. The room was super clean and spacious, the shower was nice, hot and great pressure, brekkie was delish, perfect location to go around, the car parking was really secure and complimentary WiFi worked well for 2 days. They made us feel comfortable just like at home. Definitely will recommend to our friends and family.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Friendly and welcoming
    • Standard Twin Room

We couldn't open the only window as neighbours are close and could see into the room, so we had to use aircon which was very noisy. A sheer curtain could give some privacy with the window open.

warm friendly welcome, obliging service, generous breakfast. great spot a short taxi ride to our evening venue.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

You get what you pay for.
    • Standard Queen Room

The non smoking room was drenched with cigarette smoke. The fan was so loud you could not sleep but there was no air con.

Arrived and the room was non smoking and smelt of smoke. Offered another room, no aircon and the fan was so lound you could not rest. Moved to another room but had to pay $20 more. That room was better.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Great hotel, staff, and beds, improve the A.C and fan.
    • Standard Twin Room

I think they could could have made the A.C quieter, also make the fan quieter. They could also put more things in the fridge.

I liked that the beds were very comfortable. Also the way there was so much space in the room.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

I always feel very welcome & comfortable staying at Spring Hill Terraces
    • Standard Queen Room

The beds are very comfy. The owners are very friendly, they know what I like and are happy to assist their guests in any way they can. I enjoy staying at Spring Hill Terraces whenever I'm in Brisbane :)

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Good location and value.
    • Standard Twin Room

Parking is very tight for a large 4wd ute, but I guess not many people drive these.

The staff were lovely. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Because of engine problems we were held up for several hours so one of the Ladies waited up till 11pm to check us in.

Great location, reasonably priced, comfortable room.

Pool was green.

Comfy queen bed, clean room with balcony, well equipped for a few nights stay. Secure parking and friendly staff. Great location for Brisbane Show Grounds 10-15 min walk.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

I love the location.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Havin' to leave when my stay was over! :-(

I love the location. It's close to everything within walking distance, yet far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the city!

as above in what did you like
    • Standard Queen Room

exactly what i needed at the right price, will use again in the future.

Perfect
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

room was perfect for a comfortable stay and close enough to brisbane airport

Perfect
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

i liked the location of the motel ,as was travelling to melbourne and was close enough to brisbane airport staff very friendly on arrival .

Good Value! pleasant stay
    • Standard Queen Room

Nice location for working at showgrounds, friendly and helpful managers!! Nice and clean (prefer softer beds personally!)

Old and cheap

Cheap

proximity to my conference

liked it

proximity to my conference

Terrific.

Steps

Bed was best in world.

Having a shared bathroom is a bit annoying if you are...
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Having a shared bathroom is a bit annoying if you are travelling with kids

thanks kerry

thanks kerry

Rented two apartments with family members over the age of 18 and friends. Had a great night

Very friendly owners and location was great
    • Standard Queen Room

There was nothing I could fault.

Very friendly owners and location was great

Friendly customer

Friendly customer

location to the Valley

location to the Valley

Good budget stay in Fortitude Valley

Wifi didn't work

Cheap, friendly and helpful staff