Reviews of Stamford Plaza Adelaide 5 stars

North Terrace, Adelaide CBD, 5000 Adelaide, Australia

#20 of 93 hotels in Adelaide

• Premier Room with Park View

A very noisy room, I didn’t sleep for two nights. The window latch was broken so didn’t seal and I managed to close it with cardboard wedges. There was night construction in the street outside my room and asked to change rooms, but was told the hotel was fully booked. I would have moved hotels but it was prepaid. Very noisy air conditioning and poor water pressure.

Good location, comfortable bed. Good pillows.

• Premier Park View Twin Room

Parking was very tight. Glad I didn't travel in my 4 WD. Staff were friendly and helpful. Dining in the Abaco restaurant was excellent and the 2 waitresses were helpful with recommendations and very polite and friendly.

• Premier City Room

No hot water one morning, and didn't start to work when promised. Enjoyed a cold shower. Not. Staff didn't follow up either. Room heating took quite a while to warm up (not the end of the world) but when you have had a cold shower, awful. Fridge in room decided to freeze all the bottled water, not great when the water in Adelaide tastes terrible!

• Premier City Room

Not many people in the restaurants mid week so a bit lacking in atmosphere - but plenty of other places to eat locally

StAff were excellent, good central location. Clean and comfortable

• Superior Room

When I woke up on the morning, I found a cockroach in the bathroom. Also, after cleaning the room by the cleaner, he or she didn’t lock the room for us.

The bed is comfortable and the location is perfect.

• Junior Suite with Spa Bath

The bed was huge! Spa was amazing, and i was super spoilt for my birthday with complimentary chocolates and champagne! Staff are super accommodating! Couldn't be happier!

• Premier City Twin Room

I was surprised there was no hair dryer in the room.It was also a bit hard for my elderly husband to get in and out of the shower over a bath is dangerous.

The room was spacious and very clean.My husband could sit and read in a comfortable chair without being cramped up.

• Superior Room

Hotel room was noisy from lifts nearby. Bathroom needs an update. Bed wasn’t the best either, if one person loves, so does the other.

Good service, good buffet breakfast and good location.

• Junior Suite with Spa Bath

Poor service from check in staff, double charged and still haven’t seen refund, called for assistance one evening and was told someone would come up - never saw anyone. When I expressed my disappointment on checking out, I was told someone would be in touch sometime later that day, still not heard from anyone....

Nice sized spa bath

• Superior Room

I didn’t like that the vents in our bathroom were so full of dust it was disgusting. The floor drainage was also full of dirt. Our 19th floor view was of a car park!! Not the river as we expected it to be. Not enough staff at breakfast no bread, forks, had to wait for too long to get pancakes... when they came they were cold. Didn’t even bother having breakfast Day 2.

The gift of sparking wine & chocolates on our arrival was a nice touch for our 30th anniversary stay.

Car park was a tad tight NOT FOR LARGE CARS

Our whole experience was awesome from check in to checking out! Staff very friendly & helpful (Alex is Awsome) room was amazing with great view and Breakfast was to Die for!!!

• Premier City Twin Room

Booked a room with a city view and got a brick to wall. Wardrobe door was broken and room was very tired looking. Not what we expected froma 5 star hotel. Would not go back again nor recommend to others.

• Superior Room

Room very outdated , bathroom showing some mould on tiles and patches covering wear and tear on the toilet ! A little disappointed and definitely not 5 star worthy ! Sorry Stamford !!

Awesome location really good staff!

• Premier Room with Park View

The air conditioner was very loud, we had to turn it off to sleep, then it became very stuff, very poor nights sleep.

Very good value for money in Central Adelaide

• Premier City Twin Room

The room service breakfast needed to have sugar and knives.

The staff were excellent very helpful and friendly. The hotel was very clean neat and tidy. Breakfast was on time and delicious. Definitely be back. Parking was easy too.

• Premier City Twin Room

That no butter knives were served with our breakfast (and none in the room) also that the menu did not specify that the yoghurt was ‘Greek yoghurt’.

The location ideal, staff lovely, convenient parking, clean facilities.

• Superior Room

The whole building is very dated and lacks character. It just feels old and faded. If it wasn't for the location you wouldn't go back.

Fantastic location. Comfortable beds and very clean. View over the city was exceptional.

• Junior Suite with Spa Bath

This property is becoming a bit shabby and could do with a general spruce up, and cleaning to areas not in the general daily clean, especially walls and furniture. A damaged kettle and not working fridge were rectified quickly.

The staff were friendly, polite and helpful and the breakfast buffet was good. We had room service meal one night which was fresh, tasty and arrived promptly. We did not use any of the hotels 3 restaurants, but if they are like the food we had, I think they would be fine, although another couple told us the La Boca Restaurant was expensive.

• Premier City Twin Room

The bathrooms has soap scum and mould through the grout. Beds were made poorly. Products in the mini bar where opened when we arrived and products where missing from the list. Hair on the bathroom floor and the toilet hadn’t been cleaned in a while.

The location was ideal for what we were doing

• Premier City Twin Room

Old room - too hot at night - view to brick wall and car park. Room service food was cold and overpriced

Reception staff were lovely - friendly helpful and efficient. Pool area and gym great - best hotel gym I’ve seen in a while. Staff throughout hotel were nice actually - good vibe

• Superior Room

Only some general maintenance such as ensuring that fixtures (ie taps) are fitted properly.

The Stanford Plaza is well situated within the Adelaide CBD and provides good value for money.

Everything was good

The staff were very friendly and made my daughter feel special as it was her 10th birthday. The room was lovely with views of Adelaide Oval, The River Torrens and The Cathedral

• Premier City Twin Room

I have just told you above about the use of the trams and trains by Seniors and staff were a little ignorant.

Would have liked at least another chair in the room. North facing rooms are excellent. One small issue. Given a bum steer on use of trams and trains. Staff should have more idea about how Seniors can travel on the tram outside the front door and how to use the trains.

• Premier City Room

Only stayed 2 nights and arrived late the 1st night and then was out all day both days! So didn't get to spend much time in the hotel. Complimentary wine on arrival was appreciated, and breakfast was very good.

• Superior Room

Bathroom was a little cramped and not very well set out. Bathroom also needed some attention to detail with regards to cleaning.

Breakfast was lovely. Bed was very comfortable.

• Premier City Room

Bubble bath! Also... not something you can really do anything about but i don't like the dark entry and staircase. I'd try put in done sunlight/ Windows in that section by the curved staircase

I liked the big bed. The guys at the front door were very approachable and friendly.

• Junior Suite with Spa Bath

food was cold buffet breakfast most items where empty no bacon no juice no eggs just got should be out soon 7 mins pasted to restock attended a conference supplied breaks coffee cold and food just warm room was not as booked

location was good

• Premier Park View Twin Room

The shower was small, the water pressure very poor. We booked a double queen bed room and on arrival were told we had upgrade only to find we had two double beds. My opinion this was down grade.

Vacinity, concierge staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Superior Room

Our 2 Concierges were so polite and helpful and prompt - 10/10 boys - u were fab. Our receptionists were very good too. The bed was amazing and we appreciated an upgrade to our online booking.

• Premier City Twin Room

The only complaint we have is one of the staff entered the lift while we were in there with a concierge trolley and told us to move out his way.

Everything about this accommodation is amazing and convenient, great location and facilities.

• Premier City Room

I had included breakfast at check in for 25 dollars as I was told it is cheaper to book the breakfast on checkin than paying 32 in the morning. I agreed to add the breakfast at check in. Then in the morning they had no record of me booking the breakfast at check in, I confirmed with the lady at the breakfast area, that I had agreed to the 25 dollar breakfast. I felt she thought I was lying, when I was not lying. I even knew the price difference because I had been told at checkin when I had agreed to add the breakfast. It was very embarrassing and she even came to the breakfast table I was sitting at twice to to ask me again. It was as if they didn’t believe me. It felt horrible to keep confirming with her that I was telling her the truth. Over 8 dollars. I had even paid for vallet parking. I was there for a relaxing and convenient stay. It did not feel relaxing or convienient at all. I mentioned this to the man at the desk upon check out. He did not say anything nor apologies for mix up, no body did. This was not 5 star service at all. The chef in the morning though kindly cooked me fresh pancakes upon request, this made me feel a little better, thank you to him. Service needs a lot of work but overall the hotels location and cleanliness was good. I think you should look at updating you sewing kits in the room. The little touches are the most valued.

The pool top area

• Superior City View Queen

I couldn’t fault our stay! 👌🏻

Parking was fairly tight but plenty of parks.. Check in was as I would hv expected... very welcoming no tricks in upgrading .. very polite and jus upgraded us at no charge to s nicer view .... pleasant n I was very impressed. The staff at front counter were lovely !! In comparison last time we stayed in city was at the Hilton... check in was rude n barley communicated to at front desk... asked to upgrade at cost we said no ... then upgraded us anyway... n then chargerd as for upgrade upon leaving... I was not impressed with Hilton and would not return! As for Stamford I can’t wait to return ... we didn’t book for long enough n didn’t get a chance to try the gym! Oh well more reason to make my next booking with u again soon! Location was also great n local to everything 👍🏻👍🏻

• Premier City Twin Room

The bathroom was not the cleaners there was a bit of mould in the shower and it was a bit outdated. I didn't like how I had to book 2 different rooms for two different nights and two different booking web sites.

Service was great and tension to detail was up there. Great to be in the centre of the city .

The room size

The bathroom and furnishings were dated. Furniture broken. Chips off the vanity and the laminate was lifting. The price did not match the facility.

• Superior Room

Both check in and check out were rather slow - a bit much for just one staff member to handle.

Comfortable room and facilities and within easy walking distance to the Festival Theatre where I attended a performance.

• Superior Room

Check in and out was a long process. EFTPOS machine broke and they blamed it on my card when clearly there was a problem with the machine (didn’t work for the person before me either).

Great location, nice hotel and room was clean and tidy

• Superior Room

After coming from a hotel half the price this was a real let down. My view was of a brick wall and not the city or parkland views that were advertised. There was also no bath or bath robe. The checkout was slow and the staff were not as helpful or attentive as they could have been. I had to ask three times for a taxi.

The bed was comfy

• Superior Room

The driveway was a little congested to get out.

Great location, parking was a great price and convenient, fantastic breakfast with a lovely selection, and eggs are done to your choice! Will definitely stay again.

• Premier City Room

Room was lovely but the bed was so hard (and I'm built for comfort!) - no other option but to try to find a solution. Ended up folding the blankets to be able to lie on as I couldn't get comfy and saw most of the night through very tired eyes :(

Fabulous buffet breakfast - great selection and "to order" omelette was the best! Great selection of fresh fruit, and hot selections - and good to see a wide selection of lovely breads for toasting. Lovely venue - great view overlooking Adelaide Oval - pity the football wasn't on!

• Superior Room

I had thought our room had a bath in it. The bed was very hard therefore I didn't sleep well.

The rooms were very spacious. Clean . The view from our roon was absolutely amazing

• Superior Room

Room service (meal ordering) was not very smooth. Sometimes had to phone twice as order must not have got passed on

No servicing of room option was good however they still need to check on tea bag and milk supply

• Junior Suite with Spa Bath

Its a hotel right out of 1982 ! The design, interior, furnishings, carpet, smell and even service staff's attitude is something that is extinct in 5 star establishments globally now - Avoid if you can.

This property is in need of renovation & quick

• Junior Suite with Spa Bath

the room was large and the spa great happppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppy haaaaaaappppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppy happppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppy

• Premier City Room

The breakfast and coffee was stone cold when we had room service and they had ran out of croissants and didn't say anything until they brought the rest of the breakfast up. The spa was broken, pool was freezing

The bed was amazing, big and comfortable, everything fitted in the room perfect with still room to move. The view was great. Staff where very polite and nice. Hotel was spectacular

• Junior Suite with Spa Bath

I did expect a better view from a suite. Some face the park, but this was the back alley. Probably a reflection of the very good price. Still a great room.

We always have a good stay at the Stamford. Excellent location and always quiet and comfortable.

• Junior Suite with Spa Bath

I have nothing to complain about.

Excellent location, staff extremely helpful. Standard of room presentation excellent. Easy access to top local resturants, sporting facilities and entertainment. Easy access to Airport and plus Glenelg tram right at the front door.

• Premier City Twin Room

Was told breakfast $25 for guests staying in the hotel but found out it’s anyway $25 A’s there was a display board outside the hotel. Pool was freezing cold. It’s not heated at all. For some rooms the view is really the concrete car park. We were never told the cost of valet parking and charged us $40 per day.

• Superior Room

The room needs a little bit more update. The carpets, the tv system is really slow, the bathroom needs refurbish in the next coming years

It’s close to all the tourist places and the center of the city. The staff are really friendly and helpful. Love we had a view to the city.

• Premier City Room

The room service dinner was a bit ordinary for the price.

The room was quiet, the bed firm and comfortable and the location was central. Room service breakfast was lovely.

• Superior Room

One of the patrons arguing with the staff in the La Boca. To win an argument you don’t need to shout.

The bed was very comfortable. The room was very clean. The tea and coffee were adequate. We would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a hotel to visit in Adelaide. It is central to tram, train and buses. Within walking distance to the main shopping area.

• Premier City Room

Pool area not great, rooms old and outdated. Whole place just needs a face lift

Very outdated, had to call numerous times for service. Chefs were rude at breakfast. No wow service

• Superior Room

The bath tub was a little too shallow. When we checked out, Noel who attended to us could not find our paperwork. Cara who had just finished serving her client came over and remembered us from when we checked in and asked if we had received the wine and chocolates she ordered for us. Unfortunately we never received the wine and chocolates. Noel let us go without finding the paperwork as he did not want to delay us and we had already provided our credit card details at check in. He said he would follow up on what happened to the wine and chocolates. We have not yet heard the outcome of it.

We were able to check in early and check out late. Cara checked us in and found us a better room with a view. She even went so far as to tell us she would arrange to have a bottle of red wine and chocolates for us when she discovered we were celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We were pleasantly surprised with her thoughtfulness. The room was very nice and the bed very comfortable. The toiletries provided had a lovely fragrance. Breakfast was delicious and there was a good variety to choose from.

• Premier Room with Park View

Housekeeping is poor no vacuumed carpets when I were stayed three nights. Bathroom is small and old not five star maybe motel level

Good location good value for five star hotel

Being next to the lift

Fabulous staff. Best if any hotel I’ve ever stayed at. Super quick and easy check in/out. Great location for access to Adelaide Oval, Rundle Mall and airport.

• Junior Suite with Spa Bath

The table in the room should be thrown away - seriously, it let the whole experience down seeing this old water damaged table in the room. Most of the furnishings were dated so in real need of a refurbish. Staring out the window into a wall was a let down but I should have checked the booking information more closely and booked a room with a view. Where we had breakfast in the morning was a real let down - it was nothing more than a cafeteria and did not reflect a five star hotel experience. The supposed egg chef made himself scarce and I had to ask one of the waitresses to get someone so that I could order my omelette (A smile wouldn't go astray). I won't be including breakfast if we stay here again.

The room was big. Double basins in the en-suite.

• Superior Room

Overpriced and old fashioned. Seriously needs to move with the times. Not enough sun beds for guests. Had to make several calls each time we requested room service. Below average service. Would never stay here again.

• Superior Room

Slightly noisy hotel. Could hear other doors closing all hours of the night. Many random noises could be heard throughout the night (all 3 nights).

Comfy beds, great place to stay. met all expectations

• Superior Room

No little extras, no coffee plunger and fresh coffee that all hotels todays internationally provide.

The excellent location, friendly staff. An excellent steam iron, a great necessity for travelers like me whose purpose for being in Adelaid, was attending the Adelaid Festival.

• Superior Room

Bed was a little hard for us, but maybe ok for someone else.

The layout of the room was spacious and had everything we needed to relax and enjoy our stay.

n/a

The staff were an absolute delight! Jum and Alex were a pleasure to deal with when checking out and made sure my partner and I were looked after for our departure. I will always highly recommend the Stamford in Adelaide, great value for money, fantastic location and the staff just topped it off! Thank you Stamford Plaza Adelaide and we will see you again soon!

• Superior Room

Not having sauna facilities - further down in north terrace we stay at a hotel with a sauna

We were upgraded at no extra charge to a suite. Breakfast was very nice and was part of the package. Lovely welcome bottle of wine and choclates , although we needed to ask for them.

• Superior Room

Great location. A biggish hotel with a small hotel feel. I particularly like the higher up rooms. This time I stayed ion the 15th Floor with a fabulous view over the Festival Centre and the river.

• Superior Room

Pool area was uninviting. The room decor is tired. Multiple items in the room required maintenance; light not working, power point not working, entry door peeling. I would look for alternative accommodation next time.

Good location and very friendly polite staff

• Superior Room

Old hotel, not so comfortable, they do try to maintain it but still... Poor breakfast! No good service. Concierge was not helpful... just wanted an electric adapter and he did not have

Leaving

• Premier Park View Twin Room

We had two queen beds and they were comfortable. Loved that Stamford Plaza was close to what we wanted to visit, The Northern Lights on North Terrace. I'd like to try their attached restaurant next time, La Boca. Called in for a wine and the wine list was quite good. Staff friendly and the huge slabs of meat cooking inviting.

• Superior Room

Didnt get the views as was told when booked looked at a brick wall and car park .The room had two double beds instead of one larger bed. No bath as stated when booked. No information folder in room. Breakfast was awful cold food and cappuccino coffee cold

Close to facilities. Room clean and large. Staff friendly

• Premier Room with Park View

Staff appeared little stressed .. needed more cleaning staff ... no where to sit and have coffee while waiting for room ... little underwhelming upon entrance to lobby all lights to bars and waiting areas off .... would have liked bottle of water in room i didnt have to pay $6 for

Great location. nice view.comfortable clean bed

• Superior Room

I had to cut my stay short due to illness of a relative interstate. The staff were extremely accommodating of this, and were so very helpful in assisting me with a refund.

• Premier Room with Park View

Poor staff from the start, upon arrival 2 members of staff attended our car but then stood and watched as I loaded 5 cases onto their trolley!

The hotel was not in our opinion justified as a '5 star luxury boutique' which was what we were looking for.

• Superior Room

That the hotel has a 5 star rating is incredible,and undeserved , it is old and run down ,carpets ,moldings , hallways , room decor were of such bad quality it is shameful and lacked maintenance , ( bathroom door handle fell off in my hand , shower door leaked to the point of flood , basic amenities were sub standard , poorly stocked mini bar , 1 bathrobe for a 2 person room ... in every room, reception was below a ballroom ( with a 21 st birthday) and was offensively noisy which made it difficult to even hear the lovely receptionist, and I could go on and on , the only saving grace was the lovely staff and a small rooftop pool. Completely disappointed . Moved hotel the next day .

The staff

• Superior Room

Every table was covered in dishes when we arrived for breakfast and our eggs took so long to prepare that we had finished breakfast before they arrived. The hotel seemed understaff and the rooms were dated.

good location.

• Superior Room

The hotel was perfect, but I don’t recommend booking through any other site than the actual accomodations websites. Bookings.com actually booked me the wrong room, I was told I had a superior 1 double bed room and instead was given a twin bed room. Condisdering I paid good money for the room I assumed the floor level was wrong as well considering I had a view of a brick wall. Do not book through this site

I liked the hotel room, the food with the breakfast buffet was delicious, over all was a good experience.

• Superior Room

There needs to be a small ramp besides the steps that lead from the eating area/carpark lift for when dragging luggage from the carpark lift up to reception. Have stayed at this hotel many times and this is the ONLY negative of our stay.

Spacious, comfortable room. Great bed and lovely bathroom with a bath.

The pool area - a heat trap on 37c day

Good location. Staff can't handle a 'crashed system'. Mess in hallway eas there for 4-5 hours and only removed after a call.

• Junior Suite with Spa Bath

Service on arrival was slow. Used towel in shower on arrival. In room meals were average and took two phone calls and many minutes waiting on the line to place our order.

Junior spa room was spacious, bed was comfortable but a little dated. Buffet breakfast was great