Reviews of Stamford Plaza Melbourne 5 stars

111 Little Collins Street, 3000 Melbourne, Australia

#151 of 768 Holiday rentals in Melbourne

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Very pleasant overnight in a very nice hotel
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

As we live in regional Victoria,we used our car to get to the city..the car is a classic,and as such,requires it to be securely parked..It would be helpful if the overnight parking cost was a little less expensive,however it is only a minor point..the parking staff were very helpful,and professional..I felt that the car was entirely secure,and that was the purpose of using the validated parking..

We stayed only overnight ,the Occassion was my wife's birthday..the hotel is in an excellent location,the staff re very pleasant and the overall experience was good..unfortunately,we did not eat at the hotel,as we had made other arrangements for lunch and dinner.. We had stayed here before,and would stay again when next we are in Melbourne..

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

The room was very comfortable it was nice to be upgraded
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Nothing was terrible. But I have to say the foyer was very underwhelming and a bit dim and not a good representation of the rest of the hotel certainly doesn’t give a great first impression

The room was very comfortable it was nice to be upgraded Bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Enjoyed my stay however not too sure if I would come back for the price.
    • Superior Queen Room

The size of the rooms/bathroom and the furniture selection of the rooms look rather old compared to other hotels I have stayed at. The bathroom was rather modern.

The rooms were very clean. For the price that I paid ($250), I thought the room may have been bigger. I also did request the change in Levels in which reception was happily to accommodate for which I was quite pleased about. The pools/spa were amazing!

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Terrific, will stay again!

See below

This was a terrific place. I only had one minor issue: This standard of hotel SHOULD HAVE BETTER TOILET PAPER. The loo paper they had was of the type you find in a shopping centre public toilet, not a private room in a classy hotel. Other than this it was a great place and will stay again!

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Great value but poor restaurant and bar facilities, poor pool but very comfortable room. Staff great
    • Studio Queen Suite

Harry's bar is the worst bar I have been to in a long time. Very poor value, the flyer for happy hour were deceiving, the G&T flat and poorly made with very poor bar design and waiting. Not tidy either. Pool was inadequate but spa and gym OK.

Nice quiet room, good size, good facilities in room Staff very good.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Stick to what you know or try elsewhere
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Unaccomidating staff for the level of service expected in a supposedly 5 star hotel. Requested a correction to room booking but was refused this 'as is policy'. What an aweful experience and I would never stay here again. We normally stay at the Hyatt but made the mistake of trying something different. Not worth the price or experience to be treated poorly.

Room size

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

My time at Stamford Plaza was very pleasant and will definitely be back
    • One Bedroom Twin Suite

I used the valet parking facility but when the car arrived outside I was not informed of the arrival. I only found out they had brought my car to me after going up to the counter and asking

I liked the atmosphere of the room, it was very clean and presented very well

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Extremely happy very friendly staff. Room was clean and all facilities very nice. Great place to stay :) and right in the heart of the city. Everything you need in walking distance.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

the bathroom tub was worn with old scratches and dents taps...

pool area was nice

the bathroom tub was worn with old scratches and dents taps worn old and needs to be re done expected more for the cost that we paid to stay there

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Good location, friendly staff and room was big
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Our room was very dark and made darker by dark brown privacy curtains. Housekeeping was very poor inconsistent and had to ask for things like toilet paper, tea and coffee etc. Sometimes not enough towels. Room was dirty and not vacuumed or dusted or wiped down once in our 9 day stay. We were surprised how dusty it was maybe due to construction or just a busy city. Aircon or heating wasnt working well in our room. Set to 21 deg woke up to room heated over 25 deg. Bed was very uncomfortable.

Staff were lovely, professional and very helpful in all areas of the hotel. Location was great and room was fairly big though very dark room.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Great location close to shopping, sights and restaurants.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

There wasn't a lot of natural light to the room so it felt a little dark. We also like to have a window for fresh air which the room didn't have.

Great location close to shopping, sights and restaurants. Friendly helpful staff. Good size room, we had a kitchenette and separate lounge area. The bathroom has a spa bath which was great to relax at the end of the day.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Great location, spacious room and a great bed
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Access to parking, drop off and pick up was difficult Building site next door made for a bit of a noisey start at 7 am

Great location, very generous size rooms, really comfy bed

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

We loved everything about our stay at the Stamford plaza hotel especially the peace and quite!

Nothing at all

the comfy pillows, warm heating system, so quite and peaceful even though it is in the middle of the city, two bedrooms with everything as well as the service!

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

We would be happy to stay again
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

A couple of maintainence issues which were attended to immediately.

Two sliding doors seperate the living room from bedroom both of which have tvs. Large fluffy pillows on a pristine bed. All staff were cheerful and helpful and we were a short walk to the tram.

Loved the location
    • One Bedroom Twin Suite

The bathroom - particularly the toilet and bathing area - was ridiculously tiny, especially considering the overall size of the suite. Also, our bathtub was old and stained, looked like it had been burned with cigarettes or something.

The suite sitting area was very spacious and comfortable for lounging. Location is outstanding, lots of great places to walk to quickly.

Overall pleasant
    • Superior Queen Room

Shower pulsated between hot & cold. Reception took 10mins of ringing to answer phone. Slw service for room requests.

God value, pleasant stay, nice room

Very good location.
    • Superior Queen Room

The smoke sensor with green LED light is a bit annoying at night. It should be moved to the side, instead of the middle of the room.

Very good location. Clean room and good service.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Way overpriced hotel in a decent location
    • Studio Queen Suite

Reception don’t answer the phone from a room, yet when you go downstairs they are not busy at all. This happened several times. Breakfast was horrible.

The location was just right for the city, transport and Federation Square.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

The whole experience was seamless and highly professional.
    • One Bedroom Twin Suite

Pool opening time of 8am on weekend was a little restrictive for us.

Chef offered our 6 year old a specially shaped and cooked pancake Pool area was delightful

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Luxurious stay in CBD
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Cons for the stay include: - Kitchen was dated - couch was a little soft to sit on for a long time if you had a bad back - TV was small - esp the one in front of the bed (not a big deal as didnt spend that much time in front of TV when on holidays!)

I chose their older style room rather than new "modern" room and didnt regret it. With a grand and luxurious feel, it made the stay at ths S/Plaza wonderful. Very royal and a touch outdated, it had a gorgeous layout. Pros - Bed was mainly on the firm side (4/5) - very comfortable with multiple pillow heights. - Bathroom 4/5 - Staff - service was lovely 5/5 - Laundry in room - Slippers and bathrobes - great plus.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Great place to stay if you want easy access to the city and public transport.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The comfort in the room could have been better, no drawers to place clothes, no luggage racks to place suitcases. The air conditioner seemed to be locked on a certain temp(no we didn't call room service). The sheets on the bed whilst very clean were too stiff, felt like sleeping in an envelope.

The main reason we chose this hotel was its location and reviews. The location was great, very quite even though there was construction occurring nearby.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

I couldn’t sleep properly in that room (queen suite) - overall a poor experience for a 5 star hotel
    • Studio Queen Suite

- room temp couldn’t be adjusted on the panel, which made it difficult to sleep, - cheap uncomfortable mattress, - awkward room planning and in need of an update

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

I liked the breakfast only and the pool.
    • Superior Queen Room

The waiting for a room because we have to wait for 2 hours for the room after check-in. The staff did not tell rather the room is ready or not. and the room that i was placed in was dirty

I liked the breakfast only and the pool. but the service for the room needs improvement.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Old and tired, this place needs a major renovation
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The rooms are really dated, the sheets were super scratchy and stiff, the furnishings looked really tired. This place needs a major makeover. Our room was comforatable enough but not 5-stars. Definitely not luxurious. Wish I'd paid a bit more for something more mordern. They also held my bond for over a week and I had to call twice to get them to release it. Not great.

Good location. Staff put us in the quiet area when we requested, which was lucky as there was a construction site next door. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Very enjoyable. Would stay at Stamford Plaza again
    • One Bedroom Twin Suite

Our room was spacious and the beds comfortable. Very central position - close to shops & city central. Enjoyed a drink in Harry's Bar. Helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Stamford Plaza Melbourne is in a great location in the city,...
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Stamford Plaza is quite outdated, which was expected from the images. This is understandable if this is the look that they are after but the facilities can be updated and still look traditional. The tapware in the shower and bathroom basin do not function well, you either get scorching hot or cold. The shower head really needs to be changed as there is hardly any water coming out. My room specifically was quite dark even during the day, there was hardly any sunlight coming through the windows. All of the above issues we looked past during our stay, our major issue was with the cleaning staff. We traveled with a baby and toddler. Our baby had a little accident on the bed which left a stain on the blanket and sheets, it was huge and clearly visible, the room service staff made up the bed and left our room in an unacceptable state. We returned to our room quite late at night and discovered the bed. Upon calling concierge we were notified that there was no staff to clean my room so our options were to either clean it ourselves or leave it as it was. Thankfully they did find someone to come and change the bed but we were unhappy that the room wasn't serviced well from the get go.

Stamford Plaza Melbourne is in a great location in the city, its close to great food, shopping and sights. The concierge staff were great and quite helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Not 5 Star
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Air conditioner was crappy and didn't actually work think it was a fan only. Very old inside for a 5 Star. Very dated. Overpriced room service that we wished we hadn't used as food was uneatable - was meant to be a treat very far from. Loved the location. Probably would stay somewhere else next time.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Excellent value for money
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

We slept through the cleaning period in the morning and couldn't get house keeping to tidy the room and replace the towels during our stay.

Prime location in the CBD, spacious rooms and ideal amenities in the hotel. The pool and sauna were excellent as well

Friendly staff, allowed early check in at no cost!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

They had no charges and we had forgotten ours, we were woken VERY early by very loud construction, the showers are not tall enough.

Friendly staff, allowed early check in at no cost! They delivered breakfast earlier when we asked for it

The room was clean and tidy with a touch of style.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Unfortunately the bed was way to soft for us. both my wife and myself had a terrible nights sleep as our backs were acing .

The room was clean and tidy with a touch of style. The location is very good. easy to access the theatres as well a stroll down town.

The gym, pool and sauna are good, usually quiet clean and...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The lifts had issues, I believe they broke down for a while and there was no notification to guests. I was stuck up on my floor for 30 mins or so before they started working again.

The gym, pool and sauna are good, usually quiet clean and tidy. I was able to check in very early on my arrival which was great (about 11 in the morning)

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Absolutely loved our stay. Everything was a pleasant surprise.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

No tea and coffee in room A kettle but no milk. Tea. Or coffee.

Loved everything. Staff were friendly, efficient, and accommodating. We got early check in and late check out. The room/suite was a very pleasant surprise loved it. The overall presentation and atmosphere was excellent and very welcoming. Location perfect.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Yes it was good
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

If your promoting green you should not take the towels either in my opinion. And the shampoo & shower gell from first day all disappeared each time. Then breakfast. What a silly way to do the eggs! And then my coffee was cleared before I had finished it. I said I did not want a replacement- but the girl did not lessen and got one - but I was finished and was ready to go - so it was wasted.

Yes all very nice, location good. Room fantastic plenty of room. Lift very unusual you can see through it. Did not see the green notice for the pillow until the second day..

Nice hotel, a little old, good location
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Only two negatives come to mind. First, in our room (1108) you can hear the elevators up and down all night. Second, the bed sheets above and below the quilt are so severely starched it feels like you’re sleeping in a noisy chip packet whenever you move. Not a bad option but we won’t be staying there again.

For the most part the hotel is very pleasant. Located in little Collins st it’s easy to walk almost anywhere in the CBD and close to trans that can take you most places.

Dated and average at a high price even at 30% discount - misleading, and not 1 bedroom rooms at all.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The rooms are large, but advertised as 1 bedroom Queen/King suites, which implies to us a separate bedroom as opposed to just a suite where the bed is in the same room. The beds in these rooms are in the same room, so the naming of these rooms is misleading. We booked the hotel on the basis it had a spa/swimming pool facility - the spa was not working. The aircon didn't work in the Queen room we were allocated, and wasn't fixed after two days of an overheated room. We were offered an upgrade to a I bedroom king suite (again, not a separate bedroom, just a king bed in the room) in the second tower block, which, while the aircon worked, was a lot noisier as it was open to the breakfast area on the ground floor, so we were woken by things being dropped, kids crying, and general breakfast noises through the morning. Controller in bed TV didn't work, basin plugs in both suites didn't hold water, generally dated facilities (old, washer type individual taps), no information in rooms (when is checkout?). Priced as 30% discount over standard rates - overpriced at the 30% discount, so again, misleading advertising.

Good location and clean.

This is our 5th stay at the stamford and the reason we...
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The bed, any move from either person woke the other up. The building works next door, out of the hotels control but ruined a sleep in.

This is our 5th stay at the stamford and the reason we always come back is the consistency.

Great for a weekender
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Bedroom tv didn’t work, but not a big concern as watched in the lounge. Had a lost property situation where had to wait at reception for quite some time and nearly missed my flight home. Only one staff member seemed to have any urgency with it. (Update- item finally received before dashing to airport!)

Gorgeous room (I had the queen suite) everything was clean and the furnishings elegant.

Location, view, amenities/pool etc.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

There’s was a 2 hour delay on check in and we weren’t contacted when the room was ready, while we had 2 kids. Showers screen was faulty and old radio/ iphone dock.

Location, view, amenities/pool etc.

Noise of the construction site next door.
    • Superior Queen Room

Noise of the construction site next door. The noise of the rubbish bins being emptied during the night. Hardly any light in the room(800) due to the extreme proximity of the building next door

Good location, ease of access!
    • One Bedroom Twin Suite

Did not realise there was two separate buildings, hence why I did no use the pool etc even though I brought with me suitable clothing.

Good location, ease of access!

Very comfortable and luxurious. Excellent.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

We requested twin beds but that did not happen. It was not a big issue and the only little niggle

Lovely spacious room with good facilities. Breakfast buffet was excellent. A great place to stay for a weekend in the city. Great lighting in the room which is often an issue in hotel rooms.

When you pay a decent amount for a room I would have expected better overall.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Room wasn't fully cleaned, noticed rubbish on the floor. They said to give half hour notice to pick up car. I rang at 5:55am for 6:30am pick up. Didn't get car till 6:45am. When charging account on check out they had to do it twice as they left off the parking.

Valet staff were friendly and welcoming on arrival. Good location in the city and close to public transport. Room service was spot on time for the time that was picked.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

We had to upgrade and pay extra for a suite as the first...
    • Studio Queen Suite

It’s getting a little bit tired but if you get the right room you will have a pleasant stay

We had to upgrade and pay extra for a suite as the first room was small and had an unpleasant odour. The suite was spacious, quiet and comfortable. The staff were friendly and obliging

Beautiful hotel with luxury fittings and style.
    • Superior Queen Room

The LED pad in the room was bright blue and shone directly into our eyes. It was so bright that it was difficult to get to sleep. Totally unnecessary item in a room where the object of the stay is to sleep. Staff were excellent in dealing with my complaint and offered upgrade next stay.

Beautiful hotel with luxury fittings and style. Excellent location. Quiet room,

Actually our stay was fine, the hotel is dated but fine.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Actually our stay was fine, the hotel is dated but fine. The biggest issue was that not only were we charged for the one night we stayed plus a $100 bond (we were told of this on check in and ok with this) but were charged for an extra night. We were not notified at any time that this was the hotel policy and when we rang to query the double charge they said we would have to wait up to 10 days for the refund and it was their policy to double charge every guest! What!!???? I asked Booking.com to contact them who also had never heard of an “overcharge” policy and asked on our behalf to have the money returned immediately. Booking.com we’re fabulous! Stanford not so fabulous

Overall an excellent experience - staff at checkin/out and concierge were amazing.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

No fault of hotel, some guests a little noisy in corridor at early hours. But seeing we had studio able to close bedroom door and block off some of the noise.

Loved the studio space with kitchenette, the bath tub, and the comfy bed. For us the location was great as It was a short walk to our restaurant in Little Collins and where my massage was booked in Flinders lane. Also close to all the high end stores of the Paris end of Collins street. A little walk, which I didn't mind to get to Bourke street Mall area or hop on the Collins Street tram.

Perfect Base
    • Superior Queen Room

While we didn't intend to stay at the hotel much there isn't too much to attract you to the hotel itself. But the perfect comfortable base

Perfect Melbourne location, clean neat and tidy. Friendly and approachable staff

Stay somewhere else
    • Studio Queen Suite

The TV didn't work, kettle would not turn off, heating was broke, window not sealed and drafty, housekeeping working outside our room 22:45 through 23:25... told duty manager and was told "sorry!" This simply doesn't cut it for the Stamford

I'll be back.
    • Studio Queen Suite

the people are friendly, the location is central and the rooms are very comfortable. can't complain when for twice the price you get the same but a different hotel name!!

Always enjoy our city breaks here. Pity about the building work next door to
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

We were in corner room overlooking Little Collins Street next to building site which was noisy in the morning.

Very comfortable sitting room sofa and chair. Bed very comfortable too. Spacious apartment.

We enjoyed it and would come again
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Our air con didn't work properly the entire weekend. Was stuck on 19/20 which was too cold for winter. Someone tried to fix it but it didn't change. We didn't fuss over it further and just put the extra blanket on the bed. Probably the thing I would have changed is that there is not door from the bed room to bathroom basin area. Toilet and shower are behind a door which is good. But no door between the bedroom and the bathroom basin area means you can't get up and start getting ready without waking your partner. Not the end of the world but just a thought :) Also outside our window was major construction that started at 7am. Not the best for a weekend away from our 5 kids. I would probably have liked to be informed of that. The other couples in our group were not near the noise.

Nice rooms and location was perfect

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Very comfortable
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Bathroom as above not good for poor mobility

Stayed two nights very comfortable unfortunately building works a bit noisy but not to early bathroom with shower over spa bath a bit dated not good for decreased mobility. Harry’s bar very nice bar food good value. Location excellently

Delightful staff and good restaurant facilities.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Room lacked view but this was not relevant to our trip. Noise of building site next door as well as causing sidewalk issues. These problems could not be influenced by hotel management.

Comfortable bed, helpful and informed staff and excellent security. Nice water dispenser in foyer. Good restaurant with very helpful and attentive staff.

The Staff were absolutely fantastic!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The Staff were absolutely fantastic!! The hotel exceeded all expectations and made us feel a million dollars. Haven't had a hotel experience like this in a long time so i would 100% recommend. The location was fantastic and we were close to everywhere we wanted to go. I would love to go to Melbourne again just to stay in the hotel. Thank you so much for everything

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

My breakfast order didn’t arrive.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

My breakfast order didn’t arrive. Check in process was bad as they checked and rechecked my ID as if I was a criminal. The booking website only said my surname was compulsory. When I arrived they said it was an issue because I didn’t have a first name.

The layout with a decent lounge area was good.
    • Deluxe King Suite

The bedroom is so small there's no room for luggage, it's pretty tight getting around the bed. Luggage had to be kept in the lounge room, which took up space and cluttered the room. The breakfast was terrible - unless you have a freebie included, don't bother. One staff lady was friendly at breakfast, but there were many staff at breakfast and none really looked at you. The person who looked like the manager was the worst, he literally walked into me 3 separate times as he was too focused on what he was doing and paid no mind to the customers. Much of the seating near the egg cooking area stunk, the smell from the toilets below wafted up to the seating area! I think the property is very overpriced for what it is, and the staff were a bit stuck up and not as friendly as you'd expect. Car parking is a complete rip off - when I booked their website said "we have car parking for the convenience of guests" which I assumed was included. Before I arrived I received an email saying parking was $55 per day! I emailed and complained, with a screenshot of what parking had said on the site (which had now been changed!) - they took a measly $5 off! Given I was in Melbourne for medical treatment and already had large expenses, I was very upset about this. I'm coming back in September but won't stay here again. I would have cancelled after receiving notification about the car parking, if I could have. We had room service the first night, and goodness, the rip off continues. The food was terrible quality and completely overpriced.

The layout with a decent lounge area was good. The kitchenette was good (if I had traveled with the children, all I used it for was to make tea). Location was pretty central. Concierge were polite and helpful. The room looks pretty when you walk in.

Quiet and comfortable
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The hotel room did not lock and had to be filed down by staff to secure properly. Had to make 3 phone calls to get this sorted out.

Quiet and comfortable

Nice but wouldn't stay again with kids
    • One Bedroom Twin Suite

We booked for two adults & two kids. There was only two of everything in the room when we arrived. So we had to call for towels, cups plates, bowls etc. The sink & bathroom is too tiny to move in. With kids you need separate rooms not two quern beds altogether.

Location in cbd was great

Comfortable
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Our tv in the lounge room didn’t Work which was a shame as we didn’t want to lay in bed all they time . Also we bought breakfast where we ordered Poached eggs and waited and waited and ended up not getting them, we weren’t happy about that at all.

Very nice accommodation and very central

Great location and lovely hotel
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Location was amazing, very central in the city and everything was within walking distance. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. Room was clean and bed was very comfortable!

A Pleasant Place To Stay
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Breakfast was OK but we felt for the price was somewhat underwelming.

It was very central. Staff were courteous and prompt. It was clean and comfortable. The one bedroom suite was good for a few nights and well equipped. It was quiet and there was a juliet balcony with opening doors in the bedroom for fresh air. Heating in the suite was good.

Very pleasant, comfortable stay. Good location.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The spot for our suitcase sat in the bay window so a bit of a nuisance to access when the curtains were drawn.

Very comfortable bed and spacious room. Good location for Collins St shops (Paris end) a number of very good eateries and bars. Short walk to tennis centre, maybe 1 km.

Wonderful, relaxing and enjoyable.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Some inconsiderate guests who just pushed in front desks, concierge without a thought of others queuing for sometime. Maybe hotel to make better arrangement for queuing.

Location, friendly and extremely helpful staff.clean and accessible facility.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Very good location, suitable for short stay. Good facilities
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Cooking facilities in room not suitable for longer stays, if you want to cook breakfast etc have to ask for cooking equipment to be delivered.

Location excellent, easy access to the City, Chinatown etc. Restaurant and Bar very good, reasonably priced. Comfortable room with sitting area. Lobby area spacious and clean.

Great location and very luxurious rooms.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Toilet paper and tissues were a bit hard! Room service was a bit pricey. Internet should also be free for full service. As an alternative couple we also felt like we were being watched, like we didn’t quite belong in the hotel.

Great location and very luxurious rooms. Very clean and excellent amenities including room service and mini bar. The staff were very helpful and polite.

Good location, close to transport. Felt welcomed and valued
    • Studio Queen Suite

The rooms are comfortable and well appointed, breakfast was tasty with the continental breakfast large enough to feed two of us. The pool is nice and warm. Michael at reception is AWESOME

Relaxing great location beautiful room.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Location was perfect close to the middle of the city and the MCG. it was quite, 2 bedroom suite was huge and I loved the fact both rooms had an ensuite.

The bed was very uncomfortable and pillows poor quality.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The bed was very uncomfortable and pillows poor quality. Room very noisy and all round dated. When we gave feedback on check out the guy on reception couldn’t give a stuff we were not happy and just brushed it off without any further questions or even an acknowledgement of the situation.

The room was well-appointed and spacious however there was...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The staff made check in and check out extremely arduous and I felt that the food was below ordinary, especially for the price you are paying. I also asked Shaun the manager on at check out to make sure we were nowhere near the construction next door and he reassured me he would make sure we were not near the construction, I needed a goodnight sleep and was woken at 6am by he construction the was outside my window. Upon checkout I brought this to the attention of the reception staff who said oh OK.... That was his response. This was no acceptable and I will struggle to trust the Stamford again.

The room was well-appointed and spacious however there was no selection of pillow type,only soft and I struggle to sleep without a firm pillow.

Facilities were clean and staff were very helpful, location...
    • One Bedroom Twin Suite

We booked for 4 guests but the room was only set up for two, we had to call for extra towels and cups, cutlery etc

Facilities were clean and staff were very helpful, location was great and the food in the bar downstairs is great. Buffet breakfast is also really fantastic.

Rooms are old and tired, though large.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Rooms are old and tired, though large. Hotel needs refurbishment. Breakfast at $25 per head was terrible. Location is great, but overall the value was average at best.

Location great, bed was as hard as a rock
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The beds are always as hard as rocks, and the unfortunate thing was we asked for a mattress topper which they didnt have and just told us to use the bedding

The location it is extremely well situated, and the staff are always helpful and friendly

Very quiet room, lovely and dark to sleep in.
    • Superior Queen Room

Misunderstanding valet parking was not included in the 'special price' and having to pay an extra $55.00 for the privilege! Not happy Jan!

Very quiet room, lovely and dark to sleep in. Most comfortable bed and pillows I've slept in, in a hotel! Great lighting in bathroom and most relaxing bath/spa..

Co mfy and relaxed stay
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The rooms are a bit old and there isn't a lot of natural light coming into the rooms.

Very comfortable and clean! Nice and quiet location despite the central city location. Staff were very helpful!

Mother daughter weekend
    • Studio Queen Suite

The location is excellent, walking distance to excellent restaurants, the theater and shopping. The staff are very welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. Very quiet in the room, no noise from outside or neighbors. The room we had is large with a separate lounge area, good size bathroom with separate bath/shower and toilet.