Reviews of Surf Parade Resort 4 stars

210-218 Surf Parade, Surfers' Paradise, 4217 Gold Coast, Australia

#184 of 321 Holiday rentals in Gold Coast

Perfect position, didn't need to use the car all weekend.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

Spa could have been cleaned a little better. We filled it up only to find a huge hairball come floating out.

Perfect position, didn't need to use the car all weekend.

Amazing customer service and facilities. Great location! Cleaning requires some attention though.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

Bathroom could have been cleaner. There was a build up of dirt around outside of the bath/shower and dirt on the window seals. Sofa bed was uncomfortable 2 singles would be a better option.

Excellent customer service so friendly and happy to help. Pool and spa were amazing and relaxing. Bed was very comfortable as well.

WONT BE BACK - TERRIBLE
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

Our room was very dusty. Found alot of black hair throughout room. Spoke to Manager on checkout he told my husband that he was lying about cleanliness and he would then hold back our $200 deposit because he could.

On arriving in our room we found black hair in freezer, and all in kitchen sink. The toilet roll was 3/4 empty, I called to ask for more and was told I had to wait until 9am the next morning.

Was a very memorable holiday for us and the location was VERY convenient in so many ways. Loved it!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

I hate how the wifi ddnt work all the time n when the staff helped me finally log in on the 2nd last night, it was very slow. I was also not too happy with the lack of warning of using my commonwealth bank card for bond & the charges for the towels? Thats the 1st hotel I've been to that charges for towels, pretty disappointing if you ask me.

The pool n spa was a beauty, the gym n bbq was very convenient, there was always a close to the elevator parking for me & after hours check in was as simple as goin in n out of the garage.

Disappointing... the photos on the web make everything look much bigger
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

The booking site said that the property was 4star.. no way. 3 star max. The air con in the room was filthy..spa bath and bathroom very old.. balcony door didnt lock.. Internet advertised unlimited wifi.. but you actually only got 500mb.. Not even a full toilet paper roll on entry to the room..and then they want to charge $1+ for each additional roll!! The heated pool is way too hot for qld summertime..

Location to the beach

It was comfortable
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

Apartment was self serviced and they charged you extra for everything such as towels to toilet paper. Receptions closed on weekends so had to get my key through a staff members son. “Gym” was just two outdated machines. Could of stayed at a higher end hotel for the same amount.

Unlimited access to Foxtel during stay, rooms and bathrooms were large.

Nice room comfy bed nice view of beach each morning loved...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

Sorry to be picky but needs heavier blinds in the room so the rooms are darker but that’s me just being picky other then that rooms are great

Nice room comfy bed nice view of beach each morning loved the fact they had Foxtel and every channel in the rooms for the price it’s superb stayed in more expensive ones and they don’t have any pay tv in rooms will definitely be staying there again next year for magic millions week

It was nice.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

Inform the guests that there are renovation's going on on the 6th floor and do they mind the noise.

The units were clean & tidy. Bed was very cosy & comfy. The fact that the air conditioner is part of the booking price is excellent.

Nice spacious apartment with comfy bed.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

Some traffic noise and obstructed sea view due to huge buildings nearby . Starter pack of tea, coffee inadequate compared to other resorts

Nice spacious apartment with comfy bed. Nice pool, sauna and spa

Very happy
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

I liked that it had a pool and spa. The rooms were very homely and comfortable. It was great there was a washer and dryer on the room for us to do laundry. The location was so close to everything! 2 min walk to the beach and 15 min tram ride to the shops.

Neat and tidy with plenty of resort facilities (pool, tennis...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

It was quite noisy due to traffic and being in a room overlooking the road. The "included wifi" only allows up to 500MB.

Neat and tidy with plenty of resort facilities (pool, tennis court, gym equipment). Spacious room with a balcony got a nice sea breeze. Parking is included an on site which was great! Right in the middle of Broadbeach and Surfers - 20 minute walk to the cafe. Beach is 5 minute walk.

I think we should be reimburse for the 3rd person because he wasn't catered for.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

1. We booked for 3 people and only had 2 towels and ours sons bed had no sheets and had to sleep on a unclean blanket - no staff on premises. 2. Free advertised wifi cost $10 3. Dirty even found another persons sleep masks behind the bed. 4. Broken shutters not fixed - broken louvers in cupboard.

The location was close to the beach and the pool was very nice.

Never staying there again
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

Staff were extremely rude and not co-operative with our needs, comfort of beds were not great, we weren't supplied enough cleaning products for the length of our stay, and we were treated harshly due to our age.

Overall we enjoyed the visit
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

The bath was dangerous. Not enough hand rails for older people and awkward to get in and out of.It was also slippery.

We enjoyed the swimming pool spa pool and sauna. The unit was suitable for our stay.

Disappointing and led to believe it was better than expected.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

It was dated and needed an upgrade, disappointed that you are supplied with only 1 roll of toilet paper and had to purchase extra. Tea / coffee sachets were inadequate (3) and stove was old, marked and ready to be disposed of.

A traumatic experience.

I LIKED TO GET OUT OF THERE

Horrific experience. the manager is so intimidating. Arrived at the property and saw police, didn't understand why. the property was disgusting. fridge, woven everything was rusted. cannot cook anything. cannot enjoy anything. relatives' kids came over to see us, the manager asked them to get off the property or he would call the police. because they were not the customers. ended up leaving the property and booking somewhere. The manager told my wife that you are nothing just a customer in front of this massive Bookings.com company, so you cannot win anyway so if you complain you would get nowhere. I flew up from Melbourne to Gold Coast immediately when found my family was threatened. changed their accommodation and paid thousands of dollars extra as the situation became kind of emergency. Next day after arriving I went to see the manager who didn't want to talk to me saying the something to me what he said to our relative who had 6y and 4y old kids that you are not the customer get out of here or I would call the police. I called the police which wasn't any help. this was a trip we would never forget. I WOULD NEVER BOOKE ANY HOLIDAYS THROUGH BOOKINGS.COM AND I AM TELLING EVERYONE NEVER GO TO SURF PARADE RESORT. If Bookings.com is going to take it seriously, I would be happy to provide the photos and the recording of conversation i had with the manager.

airconditioning not working (as advertised ) and on request...

Managers arrogance and rudeness

airconditioning not working (as advertised ) and on request for room with aircon or have fixed totally disregarded by managers

Ideal place to stay if you’re out and about and don’t plan on spending much time in your room.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

Only provided two towels and one roll of toilet paper. Fire alarm also went off early in the morning so we had to evacuate. Would have preferred to stay at a hotel rather than an apartment. Washing machine also was old and didn’t come with any instructions how to use.

Bed was comfy

Enjoyed my stay at "Surf Parade"
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

More wardrobe space needed,, noise from the new "Jewel Towers" being built, had to keep door closed. Took away what would have been lovely sea views.

Comfortable bed, sunny position, adequate cooking facilities, appartment for two people only. Short walk to tram and bus.

Nice view.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

Cooking facilities too old fashioned. No kitchen range hood for cooking. Not enough toiletries for someone staying for a week.

Nice view. Safe underground car park.

Our stay was very enjoyable, would have been fantastic if our clothes easier to access
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

Microwave was too high & dangerous when trying to reach & door kept sticking. Found it very awkward having nowhere to place our luggage & having it on the floor was difficult. Also nowhere to hang anything which was even more difficult so we were constantly bending down to find items.

Great view from balcony. TV on turntable great. Beds very comfortable. Gym, BBQ area & pool excellent.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Disappointed
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

On arrive there was no porta cot as organised when got one it was covered in stains, phone didn't work, no backs on the remotes forever loosing batteries, cracks and rust stains in bath. Doors didn't close, iron burn marks in the carpet

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Gold Coast bliss!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

Have stayed here before but now under new management and change is very noticeable for the better, very pleasant and obliging staff, holiday accommodation much cleaner and weekly servicing brilliant. Very secure underground parking as well! Beach literally 4-5 mins walk.

Managers could act like humans and tell the truth
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

Acting as humans when trying to resolve confusion.

Have no idea, had challenges with our itinerary, tried to change dates, changes were my fault but allowed under the conditions of booking. Was not replied to after speaking to a staff member who said she had to get another person to speak to me on a Saturday. Then when I tried to sort out the confusion between myself the hotel and Booking.com by phone I was told that now no booking would be made available to me. Awful service unreasonable people in the hotel and booking dot com did nothing to help. Cant comment paid $240 and now I am here with my partner and no room. Thanks Booking.com and Surf Parade Resort

Great amenities, but the service could have been slightly better.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

The bed was a bit too soft and furniture a bit outdated. Also they could have provided more than 1 roll of toilet paper at the beginning of a 5 night stay and unlimited free wifi would be a huge plus.

Pool, spa, sauna and tennis court. Also size of the room and good balcony and view.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Room service menu is awesome and huge spa bath is amazing!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

Just 1 thin scratchy blanket on the bed, no spares. A second one was delivered the second day.

Room service menu is awesome and huge spa bath is amazing!

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Great Value for couples Clean tidy helpful close to beach You get what you pay for in GC appartments
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

For us as a couple only it was great

Sound basic great value property What u have to remembet is thst evry appartment is furnished differently to different standards so it is always a bit of hit and miss if app owners want to upgrade repair or refresh But value for money exvellentb

Value for money.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

I was only able to connect to the WiFi only twice in the seven days I was there. I did not speak to reception, so it mite have been able to be fixed if I had.

I was happy with everything,this is not a top class accommodation,but great value for my money. I would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Ideal place to stay

Room decor needed refreshing

Location was good o my a couple of minutes walk to the beach, close to both bus and tram stops. Good room on 7th floor with balcony looking out to sea

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Holiday March 2017
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

The quality of pillows was poor and only doing linen change every 8 days they should supply more towels.

The friendly helpful staff. Free Parking. The pool area.The kitchen had everything you needed.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Great place to stay.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

The only hassle was the sensitive fire alarm system. Maybe a range hood over the stove might help thus.

The location was perfect for the conference we were at. The room was really comfortable and roomy. We appreciated that it was self contained and we could cook our own meals.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Broadbeach Haven great place to rest your weary heads...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

The drive way into reception on arrival was extremely steep and my car bottomed out going up and down the drive way. the wifi was a joke regardless how long you stay the same mb applied regardless, reception unresponsive to my concerns.

The balcony was suitably sized and the bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Quiet.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

Dirty crockery & cookware needed cleaning before use. No bakeware. A bit dated, especially spa. Bed slopes toward centre. But otherwise comfortable & very quiet☺

Quiet. Roomy.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Short Stay Away
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

The unit was clean and fan were already going when we opened the door. thou we were charged twice for the unit, we were given cash back once we informed them of there mistake.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Overall, stay was comfortable & relaxing.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

Shower over spa bath with no handrails. Not enough space for dining & closet space. Fridge wobbly.

Good location. Close to beach & public transport.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Time to Renovate Surf Parade Resort
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

Free WiFi was sooo slow. I used wifi in our local shopping center with no problems. Reminds me of the time i used it on the Manly Ferry, I finally got on 10 min before we arrived at Manly. The rooms need to be refurbished as everything is old and worn.

The younger receptionist was great. Pool and spa good when it was working. Sauna took a long time to fire up. Loved the location and the beach.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Great staff, great view.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

When the apartment got serviced, we didnt get any more toilet paper or dishwashing tabs. But it is a self service aparement, we just thought we would get a top up that is all :)

Great staff, great view. Lovely apartment. Would defenitly come back!!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

but over all we enjoyed our stay. thank u very much.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

wish d 'fry pan' is non-sticky! i had a hard time cooking eggs & bacon because they got stuck (went sticky) from d pan (because it was a stainless steel pan). & at least just maybe next time add some / couple of little 'disposable butter' (for breads) too.if it's not too much to ask. & if only there is a 'change room' next to d pool area would be great. thank u very much.

it was ideally ok. i liked d place because it's safe to walk around. i just wish there is also an aircon in our bedroom not only at d lounging area. i am also pretty sure that when i tried to book for our stay i mentioned about having my 2 boys with me.but d receptionist insisted that i failed to do that. that is why i was charged additional. i also wasn't able to use d internet. even if we were late for d 2 pm check-in (we arrived 2:30 pm) d reception was already closed. So we didn't get our internet free voucher.and how my boys were a bit upset about it.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Needs updating for the price
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

Needs updating. Better curtains in the apartment (too much light comes through,verticals flap around when fans are on at night),sofa bed mattress needs replacing. Clothes airer was broken. You're almost too scared to use the cooking facilities in case you set the fire alarms off

Convenience to get to places using public transport

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Well set up
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

750mm step up into spar/shower would be a huge issue for elderly and children. Not sure why you would need a huge spar in such a small unit. Bed is "totally dead", time for unit owner to spend a couple of dollars on a new bed😩

Good car parking. Unit well set up. Air conditioner

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Great place on holiday
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

Great place to rest and for a day time trip e.g. to rain forest. Apartament was fully equipped for cooking. The atmosphere like at home. Very nice swimming pool and jacuzzi. Close to the beach, lots of beautiful sand to walk along. Can recommend it to everyone!

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Would stay again
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

Carpet needed replacing and stools at the breakfast bar needed fixing.

Bed comfy and great unit outlay. Loved the pool and spa and plenty of parking. Great view and value for money. Stayed on top floor facing the sea.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Just about everything you need!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

Short reception hours, only available between 8 and 5:30, not helpful when out and about all day or have just come from a different time zone.

Pool, laundry in apartment. Free secure parking.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Very helpful friendly staff.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

Wifi allowance and strength were disappointing. No DVD player. Should supply enough dishwashing liquid for a week. Had to buy too many basics to get me through a week.

Very helpful friendly staff. Well appointed room. Great location

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Expensive and dated
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

When we entered the room it smelt musty like it had not been aired out for a while the room was dated and the stove elements were rusty there was mould around the bath edge and I got bitten by bed bugs would not book again or recommend for that price. More a two maybe two and a half star

I liked the location and easy access secure parking

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

A Value for Money, 5 Star Apartment.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

I didn't enjoy the 5.30AM wake ups whilst on my holiday. Even with the blinds and windows closed the sun still came in. I don't think I have ever woken up that early whilst on holiday.

I loved how close the apartment was to public transport. We could get on a bus (and they ran, at most, every 15 minutes) and go into Surfers Paradise or Broadbeach very easily. This also included buses to MovieWorld, SeaWorld and DreamWorld. The apartment had an incredible idea to have a turning TV so you could watch in the bedroom or in the living room. There was ample amount of supplies but keep in mind there is a charge for toilet paper (although I'm sure a lot of self contained apartments in Gold Coast have that, just not used to it personally).

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Room neeeds to be improved
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

The carpet was stained and in poor shape needs to be replaced, the couch was also very old and needs to be replaced. I think the room may have had fleas because we both had flea bites.

The bed was comfortable and everything was tidy.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Close to beach
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

I was charged twice for the room then refunded in two transactions without being notified. This tied up my funds in cyberspace. Very annoying 😠

Close to beach

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Would recommend!!!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

Sofa bed mattress was extremely springy and very uncomfortable.

It is Central to Pacific Fair and Surfer's Paradise, Tram and bus services close by. Clean facilities, Friendly staff, it was a lovely peaceful stay.

Clean friendly good location

Clean friendly good location

Very impressed. Happy to recommend.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

The bed was super comfy. All amenities were provided. Very homely. Love the spa. Great location. Secure parking. Would definitely stay here again.

All in all enjoyed our stay
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

Needs refurbishing, but clean & comfy.

Very comfy, handy to everything, great view.

everything

everything

No issues at all definitely staying here every time we are...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

No issues at all definitely staying here every time we are back in the gc see you next year :)

overall great location and apartment clean and tidy.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

above unit used spa at 3 am in the morning and kept it on until early hrs of the morning which was very noisy and annoying.

Great place, both in comfort and staff relations!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

Staff where great and the room was also very good.

Facilities were very good.

Unfortunately

Facilities were very good. Outlook great.

Great short stay!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

Although we checked in after the desk had closed, the process was still very easy with the help of staff via phone.

Had a nice stay but not sure if we'll return.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

Unit very grubby and carpet stained.

Good location. Close to beach.

Fantastic
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

The room could do with decorating

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

Great room and a grrat view and great location

Over priced for what you get, cost more than a new hotel...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

Over priced for what you get, cost more than a new hotel would. If the price matched the quality it would be alot better..

The staff were very helpful whenever we asked for something.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

The staff were very helpful whenever we asked for something. Definitely would recommend to others.

Free Foxtel was a great bonus;
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

No complaints other than the wifi was terrible

Free Foxtel was a great bonus; large bathroom/laundry facilities

Great place to stay and we would do it again
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

The staff was great and meet our needs thanks

views
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

old needs an update fans were dirty definitely needs renovating

views

Its between broadbeach and surfers.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

Blinds.. too bringht in the morning.

Its between broadbeach and surfers. Great variety of walks.

will definately stay again

i liked everything

location was excellent within walking distance to surfers, matt was extremely helpful and friendly

Will definitely stay here again. Staff were a pleasure to deal with and the property was very clean.

Nil

Quiet location, close to shops. Easy breezy car parking.

Best accommodation
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

The lady on the reception was so helpful and I had the best holiday ever ..really recommended

Pool was good
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

Room too small, Everything was old

Pool was good

Very chilled atmosphere felt like you were home

Nothing it was all good

The staff were friendly and helpful

Good price for New Years but apartment needs more utensils and bathroom needs refurbishment
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

Not a new apartment and paying extra for a toilet roll is strange

The beds were comfy

It was disgusting
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

The staff were rude. Service was disgusting and the room was old and broken

very good stayed three nights was very good price had a very good time and i would go back there.

every thing