Reviews of Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay 5 stars

30 Pitt Street, Sydney CBD, 2000 Sydney, Australia

#59 of 306 hotels in Sydney

The hotel staff are wonderful.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room with Partial Bridge View

The hotel staff are wonderful. I have mobility issues and they go out of their way to help me . Everything is beautifully clean and it's a pleasure to be there. Highly recommend.

Hotel was clean and in a great location
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room with Partial Bridge View

It was frustrating that the room we booked 5 months ago was not available so we only had one king bed and rather than 2 doubles. Having one person sleep on a fold out bed was not ideal.

Hotel was clean and in a great location

Extremely well appointed, great atmosphere and had the best...
    • City View Double Double

Access to the pool for people with disability would be an issue. Sharp ladder.

Extremely well appointed, great atmosphere and had the best meals in restaurant

Good hotel in great spot but not the quality expected.

The general attitude of the front office staff member that checked us in, one of the bell hops and one of the concierge officers. The toilets in the foyer were disgusting on two occasions. The supply of UHT milk in the room - I’ve seen lower quality hotels able to supply fresh milk without too many issues.

Location was fantastic right between the shopping on Pitt/George St and the eateries at Circular Quay. Bed was very comfortable.

great location but disappointing overall
    • City View Double Double

Terrible experience with the non-existant housekeeping with us having to ask numerous times for the room to be made up. Took 48 hours into our stay to finally have a quick room clean done! not good enough for a room we paid $350 a night for.

location, and restaurant was nice.

Splendor in the city! The superb Hotel Marriet Circular Quey.

Nothing. It was superb!

Great location so central and very close to Circular Quey including the bridge, Opera House, cafes and ferries. Magnificent breakfast each day with freindly and very helpful staff. Superb view of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and surrounds from our room in the 29th floor.

Cheap and cheerful, location saves it.
    • City View Double Double

On booking they were aware that 4adults were occupying each of the two rooms (we were staying in the city for a 40th birthday celebration) but we only had 2wine glasses and 2coffee cups.....took 40 minutes after calling reception to get them....despite there being 6ir so elevators they were a long wait

Good price as there was s group of us 8 people in 2 double rooms....comfortable bed and beautiful pillows.....nice view from the 10th floor

Close to circular quay, very practice

Had a 7 night stay and we’d put up the ‘please make our room up’ sign and some days it would be the last to be done, some days not until 4pm, and when it was it looked as though it was made up with little to no effort, didn’t refill toilet paper ect.

Close to circular quay, very practice

Overall an elegant stay for us

Staff was very friendly & accepted our small complaints

The tv in our room was static so we had to purchase a movie! Was disappointed we didn’t get to watch normal tv Breakfast was a bit expensive for us but overall this would have to be the best motel we have ever stayed at

The Building layout was great and staff friendly.

Pillows were too soft and toiletries weren't refilled or glasses changed ,but I did advise staff on checkout and they were very helpful .

The Building layout was great and staff friendly.and location was fantastic !

It was a very nice way to spend a night in the city and the buffet breakfast was amazing.
    • City View Double Double

We had another guest come with us and unfortunately they couldn't put another bed in the room as it did not fit.

Upon check-in we got upgraded to an opera house view and a discounted rate on the breakfast. It was really a great breakfast. The food was amazing!!!! I would definitely recommend it to my friends.

Apart from a poor nights sleep we enjoyed our stay in this beautiful hotel.
    • City View Double Double

Problem with air conditioning. None of us slept properly because it was really hot in the room

Everything was amazing but we struggled with the air conditioning.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Outstanding.

Everyting was great.

Service was great, reception girl sent us a wine/ cake tray for our Anniversary which was fantastic. All other staff we dealt with were top class.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

A nice place to stay on a cold, wet, windy Sydney evening
    • Deluxe King Room with Opera House View

We paid extra to have a view of the opera house which was great, totally out of the control of the hotel our immediate outlook was a large construction site and Sydney itself was looking like a large construction site.

The staff were great - very professional.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Worth it- will come back again and recommend to friends
    • City View Double Double

Staff was accommodating and tried to provide our requests- linda organised for us with complimentary chocolates and drink which we found to be an excellent gesture considering you have a lot of guests- thank you

Nice family getaway
    • City View Double Double

You advertise double beds that sleep up to 4 people in one room. Those beds are not big enough for 2 adults. My 2 grown children would not even fit. Thankfully Tomoris at the reception desk moved us and gave us a rollaway bed ($90 extra!!!!! but for free thankfully), or our experience would have been not so great. Queen beds at a minimum for 2 adults. I often wonder how the staff choose to give you a view or not a view. My point being that if it comes down to the day of check in and you have a room with a view available, why would you not give it up by 3pm to day of check in? It is the little things that count in customer service and the difference between good and great in a survey.

The location was very handy and the staff were helpful. Tomoris, Allen and Vinie at the desks were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Beautiful staff, comfortable bed, great location.

The staff were so lovely. The girl who checked us in was beautiful. Really close to circular quay and the Sydney opera house. Great restaurants nearby as well.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Wonderful location, lovely room, excellent staff and loved...

Booked a Mini Suite and expected a Harbour view but was disappointed in the buildings I could see.

Wonderful location, lovely room, excellent staff and loved Silvester’s

The staff were extremely efficient and helpful.

The person who tidied the room on our last day took the magazines I had purchased for my return flight, plus the travel brochures I had collected as a souvenir of our stay in Sydney.

The room was spacious and was serviced daily.

Not like it used to be.

I have stayed nearly 20 times at this hotel but it as lost something in the refurbishment, the rooms have a spareness about them, the change to the ground floor restaurant is not at all that nice and the works on Circular Quay make the whole area most unwelcoming despite the otherwise great location. I had to ask for bath robe which was not in the room. It has become a business hotel in style and lacks the joy and class of one that suits vacation and its location.

I liked the upgrade to a view.

disappointing and not five star quality.
    • Deluxe King Room with Opera House View

1. Booked two weeks ago specifying spa bath, even sent a reminder email to Reservations from the hotel website - no answer and no spa bath. 2. Even the bath plug didn’t properly fit the plug hole and had to stuff it with toilet paper to stop the plug leaking. Not what u would expect from a five star hotel. 3. Room drab and more like a three star fit out. 4. Kindly upgraded to a suite however smallest suite I’ve ever seen (room 2323) although good albeit partial view of Opera House. Very disappointed.

Comfy King Size bed with lovely linen and pillows

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Very good establishment with excellent staff
    • Premium King Skyline View

The staff were excellent, unfortunately there weren't enough of them to cope with the large number of people using the bar area on the Sunday night. There was a problem with no hot water on what turned out to be our last morning.

The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Once the hot water problem occurred, we decided to check out a day early. Even though not part of our booking conditions, management allowed us to check out a day early without charge. Good public relations.

From the moment we pulled up at the door, we recieved...

better toilet paper needed for a top hotel , but that is only a very minor complaint.

From the moment we pulled up at the door, we recieved such curteous and friendly staff. the room was great with a fantastic view . Our only bad point was that we didnt book for a couple of days instead of one night.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

In general a great Hotel in an ideal posistion. Room service needs to be looked into.

We ordered a pizza from room service, it was delivered in record time but was cold and the base was totally uncooked. We rang for a replacement, after 15 minutes someone came and took the pizza and returned 15 minutes later with the pizza that had been reheated. Not good enough, $50 for two inedible pizzas. We told staff when we were checking out but were not offered a refund . Avoid room service.

Ideal position for anyone leaving on a cruise, very easy walking distance even with luggage. So close to Circular Quay, The Rocks, Ferries and train station. Room was spotless and very quiet. Staff friendly and professional.

Excellent Hotel

The shower area is a bit dark.

Fantastic location. Close to public transport, The Rocks, Harbour Bridge and Opera House. We arrived early and our room was ready for us. The room is spacious, clean, neat and bed is comfy. The reception is at excellent! . Convenient store is just across the road.

The staff we met were very happy and helpful.

Trying to get a car to the hotel with all the roadworks in Sydney was extremely difficult. I booked one night with the hotel through booking. Com but when I needed to stay one extra night- they would not extend my stay, I couldn’t get new dates on booking. Com without cancelling the first booking and losing that money. So I had to book another single night through Booking.com- surely this should be smoother. When I asked the hotel to book me into silvesters for a special dinner- they sent me a link to do it myself! So we ate elsewhere.

The staff we met were very happy and helpful. The room was ok. Great blackout curtains.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Excellent breakfast, well-located, but staff training could be better

Room was advertised on the Booking.com app as having a bath, but there was no bath in the room. Staff could definitely be more attentive - the check-in guy assumed I had a guest, so automatically charged me for 2 breakfasts (I was alone), and a girl at breakfast never brought my coffee nor serviette that I had asked for. I realise it's a very large and busy hotel, but staff training could be improved.

Breakfast was one of the best hotel buffets I've ever had, very tasty and varied - the salmon bagels and chive dumplings were a welcome addition! Also, the hotel is well-located, easy walk to Opera House and trains (Circular Quay Station).

WE will be back next time

We had a wonderful stay at this newly refurbished Marriott. The staff were wonderful, went out of their way to meet our every need We had a memorable and amazingly pleasurable stay. And I have stayed at lots of hotels in Sydney! The gym was great, cafe breakfast lovely and room decor very fresh.

Great stay considering I was in and out again.

I think the in room dining pricing is way too inflated. I got to the hotel at 1am and just wanted a sandwich but it was going to cost me over $30. I think gone are the days where in room dining needs to be so expensive. As tired as I was. It was easier to get change and walk back downstairs to McDonalds.

The service and room quality was amazing

Class Act we loved our stay

You would be hard pressed to find fault with this Hotel .

The location was, wonderful the staff(Justin at reception was a class act ) luxurious spacious rooms,the beds were out of this world book a spa suite amazing views of Sydney ,on sight places to eat and drink were a bonus we really enjoyed them .It was our Anniversary and they really spoit us with some special treats we rated our stay a 5 star experience .We will definitely stay here again when we visit Sydney next .

relaxing.....good service and facilities...didn't have to go anywhere else. full in house experienc

should have taken an extra night. What was not to like!

very clean room. excellent bathroom toiletries and bar and snacks. comfortable bed with crisp sheets. Plenty of room with extra seating with foot rest. Room service prompt, and meal delivered hot. friendly staff. great harbour view from 28th floor room.

Great location, comfortable surrounds and professional staff. Looking forward to a return visit.

That I had to go home.

Excellent location close by bus, rail and ferry. Close to Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge. It is also a good location if you have purchased the Big Bus tours as the pick up drop off location is close by. The staff were friendly and professional. The amenities were clean and in good condition. The lifts were quick when waiting to go up or come down. The rooms were were well lit and clean. The bar area was a great place to relax. I didn't eat here as there were alot of restaurants and cafes close by to experience. I really enjoyed my stay here.

Comfy & Convemient to Circular Quay & CBD Businesses

Room & bathroom smaller than previous room stays but not that fazed as we were only sleeping over-nite to get the Cruise ship next morning. Family dropped us off & we didn't realize the valet parking was charged for the 3 hours they stayed & had dinner at a cost of $59.00 - oh well, done now!

Super comfy bed (as always - have stayed before!) Perfectly convenient to Circular Quay and all it has to offer and extra convenient for us as we were heading off on a cruise ship the next morning! Always clean & staff friendly & helpful.

We had a terrific time starting with a room upgrade and the...
    • Premium King Skyline View

We had a terrific time starting with a room upgrade and the best surprise comprising of a bottle of wine and a lovely plate of chocolates to help us celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. The young fellow who booked us in (Simon) had an exceptional attitude. In summing up, I would very much like to stay again... Thankyou for a great weekend... Peter and Susan Collis

Excellent hotel

Shower water pressure

Staff were excellent, we booked a twin room but on arrival only a king was available but they found one for us and gave us some complimentary drinks in the bar while we waited for it to be ready Room service was excellent, coffee on point, water pressure not so good but beds were very comfy! Gorgeous view of the harbour bridge, very close to circular

We were taken care of as soon as we arrived.

We were taken care of as soon as we arrived. We were able to get our room in advance of the check-in time, which was wonderful after a long flight. The guest representative sent over a welcome gift to our room of three fruit, a nice touch. Over all, we were very pleased with the hotel, staff, restaurant staff, and location.

Very disappointed as my expectations were high.

Did request room with a view, got a view to a building site, Bathroom too small, very small shower, hid behind door that opened out as bathroom door open in, so they banged off each other. Restaurant in the main lobby so no privacy from check in or check out, had to walk through restaurant to get to bar.

A very comfortable and classy hotel

Nothing springs to mind

I love the view of the Opera House from our room. The breakfast was excellent with a wide choice available. Room was beautifully clean and spacious. The staff were very professional and friendly and we were just a hundred metres from Circular Key and 5-10 mins walk from the city centre

Nothing worse service ever
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath and Skyline View

No air condition/heater. Workers In The room trying to fix the issue without success. Spa didn’t work. Staff not helpful.

Nothing worse service ever

Beautiful hotel, central to attractions. Highly recommended!

Arrived early, we were given a room & set off on our adventures. It is located in close proximity to the ferries, Opera House, the Rocks etc. Hotel staff could not have been more helpful. Highly recommended!

housekeeping came into our room before 7am on our last day and left lights on.
    • City View Double Double

We booked a room with 2x double beds. After arriving at 6pm it was after 8 by the time we could go to our room and it was 2x single beds

Staff were quite friendly

Excellent location, neat rooms and courteous and pleasing staff.
    • Deluxe King Room with Opera House View

Construction work around the hotel, but this is true for all hotels around the new light rail

The location is excellent with very easy (walking distance even with luggage) access from Circular Quay railway station, and from the quay itself.

Loved this hotel, it was wheelchair friendly and close to the cruise port, staff was very helpful.

This hotel is in a perfect place if you want to be close to the cruise port or next to the wharf to ride the ferries to other places. It is close to the Sydney Opera House and you can stroll around in this area and feel very safe. It is actually 1.5 blocks from the cruise terminal . The bar was fun and would recommend it to anyone in a power wheelchair as they have lifts to get you up to the bar.

A very special stay
    • Premium King Skyline View

When we arrived there was an issue with the room we were allocated, we talked to the reception desk who were so helpful and promised to move us to a better room! Justin and Monica on Reception were so helpful and kind and sorted us out quickly and efficiently. Vini one of the concierge team was also extremely helpful. The restaurant, ‘Sylvesters’ was fabulous! Very good location near to The Rocks and Circular Quay!

Service ;

My 1st room has no light at shower area. My 1st room was billed twice. This was later reversed by helpful staff after i complained. My 2nd room has No door/enclosure at shower area. Was very cold brrŕrr.

Service ;)

I asked for a upgrade for our anniversary and they did for...
    • Premium King Skyline View

House keeping wasn’t very good

I asked for a upgrade for our anniversary and they did for no charge which was fantastic The restaurant was really nice but small portions Over all it was what I wanted

Staff were very accomodating & friendly.
    • Deluxe King Room with Opera House View

Pillows were a little uncomfortable

Staff were very accomodating & friendly. Room were clean though it shows that it needs an upgrade especially the bathroom.

Great location, very close to public transport, Bus, Ferry, Train and new Tram lines.
    • Premium King Skyline View

Not much to not like. I suppose with the construction works down the road on the new tram line being a short term pain but that will improve the transport in and out of the city for day trips and exploring the city.

Great location very close to Circular Quay Very good room on the 29th Floor with city views. Recommend the higher floored rooms if you can get them. Quiet and comfortable and felt rested after a busy day out and about. Close to Public Transport, approx 50 metres away and easy to access. Friendly front of house staff. Had buffet breakfast in Silvesters, great mix of food choices for all peoples tastes.

The shower was hot and pressure good the room nice and clean.
    • Deluxe King Room with Opera House View

The chairs looked good but were not very comfortable. The in room dining was good but a little on the cold side only the frys were hot.

The shower was hot and pressure good the room nice and clean. Recommend the crunchy frys!

The service provided by all staff members was exceptional.

Access issues to car park due to vivid road clossures. However this was beyond the control of the hotel.

The service provided by all staff members was exceptional. Very friendly and accommodating. Facilities were very clean and appeared to be well maintained. The king bed was also very comfortable.

Marriott Hotel
    • Deluxe King Room with Opera House View

Extra cost for parking Bed was hard Pillows I think were feather type and compressed to near flat. No spare pilllows in the room. Surcharges on everything.

Clean nice space good view of circular key

The reception staff did not pay attention to our booking and...
    • Executive King Room with Opera House View - Executive Club Lounge Access

The reception staff did not pay attention to our booking and insisted we were upgraded but we were not. We got what we paid for. Also didn’t put our club access on our keycards in the first instance. It’s much better at the Sheraton as the Marriott management could care less. Also a 2% charge for credit cards. Ridiculous! Only .8 at the Sheraton even though it’s the same company now. What a blatant money grab. We were not happy with the charge.

• Deluxe King Room with Opera House View

I was upgraded to a suite as it was my birthday.Which was awesome.Marriott has friendly helpful team and very clean.Rooms were great and very clean,the view of the opera house and harbour from 2 Windows was fantastic.Breakfast buffet lots of choices beautiful food loved brekky.

A memorable anniversary!
    • Deluxe King Room with Opera House View

It was our wedding anniversary and they immediately upgraded us to a suite and then left us cakes and sparkling wine in the room. Many thanks. Friendly staff and a great location

It was a nice place to say.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room with Partial Bridge View

Be careful how you book on bookings.com because I clicked onto a room with 2 queen beds and was given a room with a king bed. Asked at reception and they said it was 2 queen beds or 1 king. It was not guaranteed which one you would get even though I clearly selected a room with 2 queen beds.

It was a nice place to say.

Perfect location, lovely hotel

Everything was lovely, no complaints

Beautiful room with harbour bridge views. Perfect location for an easy stroll to the Quay, The Rocks and the Opera House

Convenient accommodation near the Rocks

Still has a clunky arrival process and couldn’t get in till 3:50pm. Also had to wait 30 mins to collect car from valet service in departure.

Easy access to the Rocks precinct. Comfy bed and clean. Nice touch with complimentary bottle of sparkling wine for our anniversary.

We were charged Mini Bar (for both rooms), we did not take anything from it. We complained, they said they would refund our credit card, but we have not received it yet.

We like the location, walking distance to city, Darling Harbour & Vivid. The bed was comfy.

Disappointing. More a 3 star (than a 5 star)
    • Deluxe King Room with Opera House View

The food was cold. The bathroom was mouldy and outdated. The staff were snooty.

Disappointing. The breakfast was cold - supposedly 'hot' bacon eggs sausages etc - stone cold. The bathroom was outdated and mouldy. Overall Is give it a 3 star rating

Excellent location.

The view could have been better. Was expecting at the very least a little glimpse of the harbour. Maybe next time!?

Excellent location. Lovely ambiance. Friendly staff. Professional and extra friendly reception staff.The view could have been

After telling the attendant at check in the purpose of my...
    • Deluxe King Room with Opera House View

After telling the main desk and two different staff about the arranged bottle of wine it was delivered an hour and half after it was supposed to apart from that no problems.

After telling the attendant at check in the purpose of my visit our anniversary of ten years he said he would arrange a bottle of wine to be sent to the room really appreciated that. Great view of opera house and close to circular quay.

Definitely as expected, great view of opera house and no traffic noise on floor 19, yes!
    • Deluxe King Room with Opera House View

Rooms could do with a spruce up, nothing wrong with them, but in need of a little spruce up, eg. Wallpaper peeling slightly, just a bit tired.

Fantastic view Very quiet room Bed very comfortable Room exactly as advertised Helpful staff at check in and out

Excellent Stay we are coming back again

Having to Leave

Everything the Marriott Hotel was really nice from the time you walked up the driveway. Staff were very Friendly The Restaurant food was lovely we actually had it delivered to our room all set up on a table with a heated compartment if we didn't want to eat straight away. Plus we could see the Harbour Bridge and the lights from Vivid as we ate dinner. Excellent location a few minute walk from Circular Quay Station and plenty of Restaurants around. Rooms and Bathroom a good size and Bed very comfortable.

Had a great stay with my wife and daughter.

Excellent service; comfy bed; good facilities, including a heated indoor pool for kids, and the hotel is in a great location to explore Sydney Harbour.

Amazing views and great location

Loved the stay in what we got to experience we stayed the night of our wedding checked in at midnight and was gone by 10am the next morning so didn’t teall get time to experience all the hotel has to offer

Great location Upgraded our room to a harbour view room Toiletries were great toothbrushes and toothpaste and mouth wash etc Buffet breakfast had lots of variety and was very clean with attentive wait staff

Wonderful location.
    • Deluxe King Room with Opera House View

Pool temperature could be higher on winter season. No early check in, not even a minute before 3pm. The lounge at 6th floor could provide some crackers while waiting. We would like to try the breakfast at the hotel, but it was very expensive.

Wonderful location. Our room had a Opera House view and it was amazing! We arrived 1 hour prior our check in hour and we spend this time at a lounge with TV, bathroom, shower, etc. Comfortable bed, good size of the bedroom and bathroom. Bathroom with bathtub and shower area. Good amenities and wifi connection. Complementary water bottles. Great staff. It was our wedding anniversary and the hotel staff surprised us with a sparkling wine and sweets in the room. It was great!

The beds were comfy.

The beds were comfy. The staff were friendly. Impressed that our room was ready for an early check in and the muesli slice at the desk on check out was a nice touch. This hotel cannot be beaten for location. Short walk to circular quay and rocks.

Location, Location Location.

The use of bottled juice at breakfast = too much rubbish. The bottles of milk on the tables = too much wastage (I hope they tossed what was not used as it had sat there for several hours!!) No cereal provided. Slow breakfast service

Location, Location Location. Ideal for anyone attending the Opera house.

All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
    • Deluxe King Room with Opera House View

All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Room service was excellent and always delivered with a smile. We were very grateful for the kind gift as an expression from the Hotel for our 56th wedding anniversary which was celebrated on Saturday 12th May. This was the main reason for our stay. Thank you!

Very happy with our stay - would choose the Marriot again. The breakfast was THE BEST!!
    • Deluxe King Room with Opera House View

Didn't like that when we arrived the mini fridge was not turned on and my husbands beer from the mini bar that he was looking forward to wasn't cold- he then decided not to have one.

up grade was very much appreciated. Room was lovely with an Awesome view.

Check in, check out easy.

I prearranged a disabled room with an extra single bed, and the single wasnt in the room when I checked in, they did however supply one after I rang downstairs (for $90). The bathroom although set up as disabled, resulted in water all over the floor once I showered, I had to dry it with towels before my frail aged father could use it.

Check in, check out easy. Staff attentive and room service was fast and efficient. Location is great.

Very nice but not quite 5 star - we have stayed in better.

We should have access to free wifi in our room at that price, we were short with hand soap and tissues, packets of biscuits should be free with the tea and coffee - they are in many other much cheaper hotels.

We liked the location, the bed was comfortable, it was quiet.

Comfortable stay, lifts were the only problem.

Hotel has 5 small lifts. At any one time only 2 were operating. I was on 15th floor. I waited 15 minutes for a down lift to no avail. I had to go up to top to come down. This was without luggage. Very poor lift service. Is hotel saving money on electricity at customers expense???? Wake up Marriott customer comes first.

This hotel is very central to Circular Quay, The Rocks etc....Room was comfy. Pillows too soft and doona too heavy and hot. I approached staff and this quickly fixed.

Exceeded our expectations, congratulations to the management and staff.

Nothing. This was a wonderful property, excellently located for easy access to City and the Rocks and Harbour Bridge Walk or harbour walk to Mrs Macquarie's Chair and Botanical Gardens.

Beautiful view of Opera House and the Harbour. Staff attentive to the request of another towel and a blanket. Lovely welcome from staff at check in for our wedding anniversary, an unexpected bottle of champagne and a lovely note from management.

I mentioned at check-in that we were staying for my husbands...

I mentioned at check-in that we were staying for my husbands 40th birthday and that night we received a bottle of wine with a hand written message wishing him a Happy Birthday. I thought this was very thoughful