Reviews of The Hughenden Boutique Hotel 4 stars

14 Queen Street, Woollahra, 2025 Sydney, Australia

#79 of 306 hotels in Sydney

Beautiful Boutique Accommodation
    • Small Double Room

The bed was a bit uncomfortable but that was the only downside to the whole stay.

Great staff, fantastic location for football and beatiful clean decor and facilities .

The most perfect stay!

Nothing, it was perfect!

Felix was fab on the front desk. Me and my partner got upgraded to the best room in the hotel after he saw that we were about to go on a road trip and live in a campervan for 5 weeks! So thoughtful and unexpected. Cosy room, jacuzzi bath, perfect location, good breakfast. Couldn't ask for a more perfect stay before our big trip! Thanks so much! :D

It's like a little home in a beautiful area of a big city

Only good reports

Staff were like family with pleasant manners and good service Cosy atmosphere and comfortable seating. Fireplace in the cold weather

Totally enjoyable.. Great location and very nice small hotel.
    • Queen Room - Pet Friendly

Extra room is a waste if you don't have a pet. A bit larger table and a couple of comfortable chairs might make it usable when no pet is booked.

Pleasant hotel. Our room was small but very comfortable and clean. Nice little courtyard. Good breakfast. Fantastic location close to shops, bars and park.

Location is great , staff lovely , loved the fact that you...
    • Family Room

My room was a bit noisy , on the street , heard rubbish bins being rolled out & being collected early in the am , also linen smelt of smoke ,possibly because there is an ashtray outside the bathroom window that doesnt close ?

Location is great , staff lovely , loved the fact that you can bring your dog

We had a very enjoyable stay and the staff made us feel so welcome.
    • Small Double Room

Parking was a little tricky to get in and out of.

I loved the whole experience but I really loved sitting down to the free breakfast that reminded me of the atmosphere in Paris with fresh croissants, compotes fruit and cheese. People even chatted to you!

Good.
    • Budget Double Room

Disappointed in the new decor - it doesn't suit the historic elegance of the building. While the previous decor was old and worn it suited the ambiance of the Hughenden. The art work in the hall is modern and nondescript and the carpet in the hallway is totally unsuitable in such a large black and grey design. It has lost it's homely, friendly atmosphere.

Location is good. Rooms are comfortable.

A home away from home for me and my furry mate
    • Queen Room - Pet Friendly

It was raining and drainage in courtyard poor so had large puddles of water

The bed was comfy, had a little courtyard so perfect with the dog. Staff very friendly and helpful. Centennial Park across the road for long walks and so many good eating out options. Felt like home

Queen room small.Breakfast & staff excellant, no evening Resturant.Location VG.room noise poor.
    • Small Double Room

Apart from the droning noise at night into the morning, my Queen room was very small. I must say that the breakfast and staff was excellent. Did not realise it was a dog friendly hotel but this did not worry me.

I did not get a good night sleep for three nights . There was a very loud droning humming noise which reverberated through my room. I reported it, they could hear it, but did not find the cause, not sure if it was air con units.

The room, whilst small, was clean, cosy and comfortable!
    • Small Double Room

The room, whilst small, was clean, cosy and comfortable! We had a wedding in centennial park which was across the road so the location was perfect. Even though this accomodation is not in the CBD, I would definitely stay again, as it was only a quick drive to the city and a quick drive (at 5am) to the airport. The breakfast was lovely, we had lunch one day also and that was just as delicious! It was great value for money and all of the staff members were bubbly and helpful! Thanks Very much!

It was a great quaint place to stay.

Tight parking

My partner is tall and couldn't get under shower head easy. There was no one at reception for a few minutes we had to ring bell. Other than that it was great.

Nicely restored older building.
    • Standard King or Twin Room

My room was opposite the hotel car park & near the junction of Queen & Oxford streets, which made it a noisy position. The bed was not very comfortable.

Nicely restored older building. Position is wonderful. Close to city, Bondi junction, centennial park. Good public transport nearby. Tea & coffee making facilities. Nice bathroom amenities. Good wifi

Comfortable stay spectacular staff!
    • Family Room

No exhaust fan in the bathroom (family room)

The staff were very friendly, efficient, helpful and the best we have encountered anywhere in Australia! The room was immaculate and very comfortable and breakfast was absolutely delicious, will be back and will recommend to our country neighbours!

A pleasant night at an older-style boutique hotel.
    • Small Double Room

Room was very comfortable and well equipped. Staff were pleasant and efficient. Continental breakfast was adequate and well presented. Close to good restaurants - our reason for being there.

Excellent last minute overnight stay that exceeded everything we wanted to do.
    • Queen Room - Pet Friendly

The whole hotel had an easy air to it but oozed quality and comfort. The breakfast was excellent and yes the croissants were flakey. The room was well presented and very comfortable.

Disappointed.
    • Standard King or Twin Room

No internet coverage in room first night or second night ( different rooms ). No TV reception in room.Second night given a family room, only requested a large double room. I requested a different room as I didn't require 2 bedrooms, I just wanted a larger double suite. Was told nothing available as all rooms had been allocated even though this request was made @ check-in time 3pm. This room was also located on carpark side on the street, incredible noisy both nights as first night the room was miniscule on a walkway between other rooms. Woken by latecomers and early workers on the property.No quality sleep either night.

Location is excellent to get to and from appointments. Staff friendly. Lounge area comfortable and well presented. We have had previous stays and were happy.

Carol
    • Small Double Room

Not a real problem as I was the only guest had there been two if us the bathroom would have beenn too small

Staff were extremely friendly. Breakfast was very nice. No problens getting around once you worked out busesxand trains.

Enjoyed our stay. Very convenient particularly as my wife had appointments at St Vincents.

Comment as above

Two issues: 1) There were a number of cockroaches in the room which we needed to get rid of 2) Having to close the bathroom door while showering, the steam in the bathroom made it very difficult for my wife to do her make-up. She is very short and therefore the mirror in the bedroom was too high. However, we really loved the place and will be back but will choose another room. Staff - excellent. Really liked Felix.

I have had three stays now and will return
    • Small Double Room

Couple of small items in bathroom needed attention

Staff were very friendly and helpful.Breakfast was great and enjoyed the newspapers. Very pleasant areas for eating and relaxing inside and out. Dogs being welcome is a bonus.

The location is very good, near the Rocks and Bondi Beach...
    • Standard Queen Room

The breakfast was good but extremely lean. Since the hotel restaurant has a pretty small sitting area the staff tends to not accommodate the needs of the hotel guests in this area. The showers are pretty small.

The location is very good, near the Rocks and Bondi Beach but still quiet enough. The restoration is amazing. Best value for money in that area.

A waste of money.
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was unbelievably dusty, my son suffers with allergies and has had to take medication as a result of this. The bed was uncomfortable and the room very noisy. We did not sleep and checked out early. Really poor value for money and I was told that management would contact me to discuss my complaint but they haven't yet bothered.

The lady who checked us in was lovely.

I had a excellent stay

More storage space

The hotel was very quaint and took me back in time. I was travelling on my own and immediately I felt very secure. It was lovely to stay in a hotel where the staff seemed very happy and nothing was a problem to them. The decor was different blending in the old with the new .The location was excellent in one of the best areas of Sydney, (Paddington) good bus service, into the Centre of everything. I would certainly recommend this hotel

It was very pleasant. The staff were so helpful and efficient
    • Small Double Room

My room door had a slight gap which allowed debris in when windy.

This is a charming, characterful boutique hotel with a fabulous staff. The common areas make a great addition as well. Lovely sun deck and breakfast room provide a good opportunity to relax.

Great hotel. Crap room
    • Small Double Room

Smallest room we have ever stayed in with equally tiny bathroom. The window faced the corridor so night lights and people coming and going. Very small double bed

Breakfast great. Decor, staff, ambiance all good

An eclectic hotel tucked away from the city
    • Standard King or Twin Room

It’s a bit far from hustle and bustle of the city and also a tad far from world famous Bondi Beach

Staff were excellent. All the amenities are superb as well as the included breakfast. The beds were great aside from one sofa bed which is a bit stiff.

Very pleasant for 1st time - would stay again.
    • King Deluxe Suite

Shower-bath arrangement - water went between and wall onto floor.

Good quality room & fittings. High standard continental breakfast. Great location.

Used to have a great breakfast buffet - not anymore. Now you have to pay extra!!
    • Small Double Room

Bring back the full breakfast buffet.

This is the second time we stayed there but this year the hotel has decided to start charging for a hot breakfast. Last year we were treated to a full breakfast buffet but this year it was only a partial cold breakfast buffet. We had to pay for any hot breakfast. Compared to last year we were extremely disappointed.

We enjoyed our stay.
    • Standard Queen Room

We enjoyed our stay. The breakfast in the morning was very good. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful was able to give us tips on catching the bus and other activities. They were plenty of restaurants around the hotel lovely area.

Very happy with the hotel
    • Small Double Room

The room was tiny but it had all I needed. A proper wardrobe would have been helpful.

For Sydney City Limits Festival the location could not have been better. An easy and enjoyable walk from the Bondi Junction station to the hotel also. The hotel was atmospheric and in a beautiful suburb of Sydney

Would stay again

Bathrooms

Fantastic location very comfortable beds bathrooms very tiny very relaxing place to stay with friends and family couldn’t find a better location

Very well communicated with CBD and bondi beach.
    • Small Double Room

You could not open the windows either in the room or in the bathroom. In the bathroom you need around 1 hour to get rid of the steam. No place to put your stuff. Bad ilumination.

Very well communicated with CBD and bondi beach.

5.5
    Not as good as had been recommended.
    • Small Double Room

The air conditioning in our room was leaking on to the carpet and floor! When we ordered drinks in the bar there was only one staff member looking after the bar and main reception so she could not focus entirely on one or the other. When asked for a lemon squash she did not know what it was and we had to explain how to make it! Overall disappointing as the hotel has the makings to be very good but I think owners have lost focus.

Charming communal areas, but disappointingly small and cramped room/bathroom.
    • Queen Room - Pet Friendly

The room was tiny, barely room to move around the bed, and nowhere to put my suitcase. The bathroom (shower room) was also minuscule, so the whole experience was quite claustrophobic, and the room was quite dark. While breakfast was ok, only filter coffee was included; expresso or other options had to be ordered separately and at extra cost.

Really beautiful communal areas, terraces and eating areas, full of charm. Friendly staff.

A Special Treat
    • Standard Queen Room

Staying at the Hughenden felt like a special treat. The building itself is gorgeous and the coffee/bar facilities were excellent. The complimentary breakfast can only be described as scrumptious. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in. The room was air conditioned upon my arrival which was appreciated on a particularly hot day. The water pressure in the shower was great. The location is excellent.

Terrible
    • Standard King or Twin Room

Service, lack of service, and the fact that the Owner/Manager??? doesn't care.

Our stay was terrible. From the time we checked I (4 ladies sharing so when we made our booking some 8 weeks prior we made sure we had a twin room with single beds). On check in we were told that the hotel was full and that there was only one twin room available.....and the other was a queen bed.....yipee! They had called us on the way down to advise, a shame I was driving at the time. Fortunately we had another friend who had booked a couple of days prior and requested a king room and she swapped with us., I hotel didn't care, and didn't come up with a solution!. Breakfast was ordinary and we waited a long long time to be served. The girls In the other room had a staff member walk into there room and turn the light on (they were still in bed somewhat dismayed) at 8am???on a Sunday Morning. In two rooms, both toilets weren't working and one smelled awful. Great location and at the prices they were charging, we expected at least someone to care. I asked if I could speak with the Manager, only to be told she doesn't work on a Sunday (I know why). When I asked if she could give me a call. The staff member said 'Of course', but of course no one called. Would I recommend it.........not a hope in hell!

Great location for getting around.
    • Standard Queen Room

Room was described as spacious but was definitely on the small side, especially for two of us with large suitcases. The pictures are misleading.

Breakfast was excellent and a perfect start to the day.

Home from home at the Hughendon.
    • Small Double Room

Although my room was perfectly comfortable it had a window which opened on to a internal wall - so natural light was poor. It was at the back of the hotel so definitely quieter than if I had been at the front but I do like a window

Hughendon hotel was a lovely refuge after a busy day at the trade fair. Bed super comfortable, Tim Tams on my pillow and lovely toiletries in the bathroom. Breakfast was delicious and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Lovely building, lovely staff - room too small!
    • Small Double Room

Room was tiny with very bad air circulation - it was hot and stuffy even though it was reasonably cool in the rest of the hotel and outside. Also, $33 for parking in an open air carpark was a bit steep.

Front of house staff were great, but we were woken up by the cleaning staff talking loudly outside our room at 7am!

Enjoyable and relaxing.
    • Small Double Room

The hotel is placed at a great location, close to Oxford Street and easy walk to Paddington shops, bars and restaurants. Centennial Park is also very close and is great for walking and sight seeing. The bar at the Hotel is very cosy in the evenings and there was also a Garden Patio area outside my room which was nice to sit out and relax.

enjoyed our stay and would defiantly stay again
    • Standard Queen Room

Breakfast area was quite small and very congested otherwise it was a lovely stay with great staff

Location was fantastic, lots of great eating places and SCG within walking distance. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Highly recommended
    • Small Double Room

Maybe the only thing that wasn’t amazing was the water pressure in the shower but everything else well made up for that

Everything was amazing definitely returning here

Very overpriced and tired. This is definitely not a 4 or 5 star boutique hotel.
    • Small Double Room

We stayed over new year and the prices had been ramped up considerably. Sadly, the room we had was tiny (only slightly larger than a double bed), there was no window to the outside and no air con. The room itself was very tired and run down and the shower head even blew off the first time I used it. The staff were as helpful as they could be with this but couldn't give us a different room as it was full. Even if the room was a third of the price, as I am sure it is for most of the year, it still would have been very disappointing.

Breakfast was included and was pretty good.

Comfortable Good price Small hotel in good location
    • Small Double Room

Room very small Bathroom v small but worked well breakfast was fair only

Location Comfortable .Surprisingly quiet .Convenient walk to cricket etc.. Good Restaurants very close by

Short stay but worth while
    • Standard King or Twin Room

Not that we didn’t like but more of an improvement - the room could have done with a mirror rather than use the one in the bathroom.

we arrived at the hotel early and the room was not ready, the staff arranged for the room to be available as priority enabling us to freshen up before heading out for the days The shower was amazing. The bed was king size and very comfortable.

Friendly staff
    • Small Double Room

Noisy...inconsiderable guests partying on terrace which was right outside door. Very small room and bathroom..i mean very! No water or mini bar yet took 100$ to hold.

Convenient

Agradable
    • Standard Queen Room

El desayuno con poca variedad .

Un hotel limpio con excelente atención del personal , situado en un lindo barrio muy cerca del parque Centennial. Muy cerca al hotel hay varias rutas de transporte público . Hay servicio de lavadora y secadora con monedas.

An okay hotel, but nothing more.
    • Small Double Room

The fixings for the taps in our bathroom were broken, or fell off, which meant getting water or trying to shower was difficult - unfortunately being short on time we did not get and opportunity to address this until checkout. In addition It felt as though the receptionist who initially checked us in, seemed to be in quite a rush so skipped a lot of pleasantries and important information and went straight to the transaction. During my stay (one night, a tad short to make this grand assumption) I felt as if the price I had paid was not reflected in the accomodation or service.

Furnishings and atmosphere were gorgeous. Staff (at least on the day of check out) were very accommodating and easygoing. Rooms were clean and definitely “cosy”. Love the home away from home feel to it.

Great.
    • Standard King or Twin Room

Roo m was right off the entry hall so felt a little exposed next time we will get a room at back I think

Great bed very comfy. Nice people and very friendly homey atmosphere.

Comfortable enough but not sure whether it has old world charm or is just old
    • Standard King or Twin Room

*Tiny bathroom that accommodates 1 person at a time *Small old style "king" room without a chair/lounge to sit *Booked "king room with breakfast". On the second morning we were told this did not include cooked breakfast despite this being served the first morning without advice that it was not included in the tariff. When I asked about signing for the full breakfast on the first morning I was told this was not necessary. This was resolved by staff advising it was an oversight and that we should have been told about the additional breakfast cost.

*Friendliness of staff *Comfort of bed *Response of manager (Maxine) when we thought we had lost our car keys

Very pleasant, enjoyable, friendly and nicely furnished. We would recommend and stay again.
    • Small Double Room

There was nothing not to like, however if anyone has difficulty with stairs they may wish to ask for a room at ground level.

The bed was very comfortable and very roomy being a king size. The bedroom had all the conveniences we required. The breakfast was lovely. The staff were exceptional, extremely pleasant and friendly. All very clean. The Hotel was in a very easy position to catch a bus only about 50 metres away, which we used to travel around. The atmosphere of the hotel was very luxurious old time with it's flower arrangements, velvet chairs in the lounge, fire-places going when cool & the odd chandelier hanging. The food was all very nice and once again, the staff we found exceptional, friendly& very helpful.

Amazing
    • Small Double Room

The staff was excellent apon, during and leaving the hotel, the breakfast was really nice to have in the morning and I would definatly be going back soon!

Overall a plesasant stay in a delightfully adapted old building.
    • Small Double Room

Bathroom fittings need attention - loose taps & shelves were annoying. Bathroom quite small. TV connection played up & had to be pushed into the socket at times. Only free-to-air TV available.

Location very good - in the heart of Woollahra 'village' - very buzzy scene. Staff helpful. Spaces where one could relax in the open air - lots of bird life - e.g. kookaburras. Bed quite comfortable. Continental buffet breakfast OK.

Not recommended
    • Small Double Room

The room and shower are too small. The only mirror in the shower was above the toilet, small sink, very uncomfortable. The mirror in the room above the bed, not comfortable. No room for 2 people to stand in the room at the same time. The tiny cupboard was also storage for the kettle iron etc, no room for nothing. No room for 2 suitcases, practically room for sardines. No windows in the room, you have one but it opens to the hotel inside corridor, no privacy. If you are claustrophobic or well traveled do not compromise, chose another place to stay. No air conditioning, poor breakfast selection well, no no. Not recommended.

Old charm, nice people.

Quaint, Quiet with great staff and clean rooms.
    • Small Double Room

An exhaust fan in the small bathroom would have been a plus and surprised it was not there given rennos

Lovely boutique hotel with very friendly staff. Not long ago renovated we really enjoyed our stay. Perfect location for easy access to town but out of the hustle and bustle. Would definitely stay again.

A lovely stay in a beautiful place just special. So clean and friendly.
    • Small Double Room

Maybe rooms could have been a little bigger but if that is all we had to complain about you have to be picky

A lovelysmall boutique hotel that staff treated everyone with such care and kindness you felt speciial.

We had a wonderful romantic weekend away in the perfect boutique hotel!
    • Standard King or Twin Room

The car park! It's small and frustrating.

The continental breakfast included is delicious! The bed was extra comfy. The staff are fantastic and make you feel so at home. But the best part is the decor - absolutely beautiful.

Reasonable but could be improved.
    • Standard Queen Room

1. Greeting staff was not friendly, a little bossy in the tone he spoke. He did not help carry my luggage as we walked through the corridors when he was showing the way to my room. 2. The room arrangement and decoration was not very pleasant in terms of look and feel. 3. There was no desk for working and I had to work on my bed.

1. Great location 2. Great cleanliness 3. Scenic surrounding

A rather hit or miss experience
    • Small Double Room

There was a really bad smell in my bathroom which the staff were unable to fix while I was there, also the bathroom was in need of repair, it looked like a dog had been chewing at the door jamb. I didn't like that although breakfast was included, the coffee wasn't, and I only found this out when I came to pay the bill and found I'd been charged extra. Parking was expensive, and next time I would request a room at the back as my room faced over the street and the garbage trucks woke me crashing around at 6 am.

The atmosphere was friendly, and the location was appealing to me. I like the idea of pet friendly hotels.

Overrated , overpriced and won't be back
    • Standard Queen Room

I was very disappointed to be given a room that was freshly painted . I discovered it quite late at night and wasn't able to make changes . Still recuperating from the headache from the smell of paint . Limited parking facilities and the fridge wasn't stocked up. Needless to say won't be coming back here .

Pleasant staff and comfortable bed . Location

The staff were lovely.
    • Standard Queen Room

I have nothing to suggest here, as far as we were concerned, everything was wonderful.

The staff were lovely. We really appreciated the age of the place and the mix of old with the new. We also liked that there are six rooms available catering for pets.

Lovely Hotel
    • Small Double Room

I was misquoted on the rate but did not bother to challenge that at check out as I was in a hurry thanks

The staff were lovely and changed my booking at the last minute with no issue.

Warm and welcoming in a beautiful part of Sydney...
    • Small Double Room

Lovely, warm and welcoming with easy onsite parking. Very quite given where it's situated. I loved the fact that the Hotel was pet friendly and easily situated for dog walking at Centennial Park.

Always like staying here, parking for extra fee but secure...
    • Small Double Room

Used to be a full breakfast included with the room cost but now a continental.. still good but now you can get eggs etc for extra cost.

Always like staying here, parking for extra fee but secure and great position for Sydney and Eastern suburbs. I travelled alone so small double room was great.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Chose this hotel as it was close to the city and easy access...
    • Small Double Room

Book the car park early as spaces are limited. We missed out but jagged a park on the street outside luckily.

Chose this hotel as it was close to the city and easy access to the airport where we could stay with our pet. It's a lovely spot and could walk to some fantastic little eateries nearby.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

BOUTIQUE accommodation.
    • Small Double Room

Bit dissaponted that the FREE breakfast has been downgraded to just Continental style fare but what wasprovided was excellent. Rooms a lillte small for my liking but staff and services make up for that. Would definately stay there again and booking through Expedia.

FANTASTIC STAFF AND COMMON AREA SERVICES . They made a mistake with my booking so they upgraded me to a two bedrrom suite in compensation.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

With just a little more effort they could have made an OK stay into a great stay!
    • Small Double Room

Arriving late after a long day at a conference, just outside happy hour and paid a lot of money for a cheese board (which seemed to be all there was to eat) and glass of wine. Half of the biscuits were stale.

Cosy atmosphere and friendly staff. Close to the venue of the conference I was attending.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

The Hughendon was Brilliant!
    • Standard Queen Room

We had booked our date early and had secured a beautiful terrace room. Staff were friendly and helpful. The bath was a gorgeous large claw foot tub and the products provided excellent. Breakfast was more than just cereal and toast with smoked salmon and prosciutto with Bircher muesli and a mix of breads and pastries ++ Gorgeous main room for a paper and morning coffee! Loved wandering around the area with loads of cafes and boutiques. Was easy to get an uber into the city-shop and come back to sip champagne on the terrace deck. We certainly had a luxurious experience in every way. Brilliant all round.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Visiting Sydney
    • Small Double Room

I am a frequent visitor to the Hughenden Boutique Hotel. The only comment I can make is that the breakfast used to be better.

The Hughenden Boutique Hotel is conveniently located. It is relatively close to the airport and to the CBD. Public transport is nearby. The staff are friendly and the rooms are comfortable and clean. The hotel is close to things that I like to do when I am in Sydney,

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

breakfast and relaxing atmosphere in living room with...
    • Standard Queen Room

loud voices from corridor and room next door in late evening

breakfast and relaxing atmosphere in living room with comfortable furniture and plenty of newspapers

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Great stay
    • Standard King or Twin Room

Nothing. Some of our friends rooms were small but I think the photos online show that some are smaller. Our room however was massive.

Old world charm. Nice decor and very friendly staff

Nice accommodation, worthy of a stay in easy reach of the city centre
    • Small Double Room

Only concern was that the room had an odd smell that could have been due to the age of the property.

Location, property was traditional style with period features. Nice place, value for money.

Shabby definitely not shabby chic

Very run down. Not good value for money. No wifi access in room although advertised . Room not clean and mould in the bathroom. Advertised as luxury hotel but shabby rather than shabby chic.

Location near Centennial Park. Continental breakfast . Staff pleasant.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Good spot for business travelers
    • Small Double Room

Room was without a window, getting quite stuffy at times. Bathroom was super small, but it was all very clean and tidy.

I loved the location - great park and street full of restaurants and bars. Breakfast was super delicious, the ambience of the hotel was very nice. The staff was OK, very helpful when it came to the sockets as I only had European ones.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Unhappy Last Night in Australia
    • Small Double Room

The room and bathroom was impossible for 2 people to maneuver around - and this was not explained or outlined in the room description, so completely unexpected and disappointing. Although booked far in advance, when presented with the impossible room, we had to take it as there was no elevator and we are people with mobility issues plus suitcases. The staff didn't care or want to help us and refused to take any steps to address what we thought were reasonable concerns and presented in a non-confrontational, open-minded way. This was our last night in Australia and the end of a fabulous trip, and was in complete opposition to the warm welcome we had received throughout our 3-week trip around the country.

The breakfast was good but beware: although breakfast was to be included in the fee for the room, Hughenden charges extra for coffee!

Ideal place to stay in Sydney.
    • Standard Queen Room

I didn't like having 2 lots of money for the first week's accommodation charged to my credit card!

The location suited us particularly. We found the friendly atmosphere good. We would stay again.