Reviews of The Langham Melbourne 5 stars

1 Southgate Avenue, Southbank, 3006 Melbourne, Australia

#3 of 169 hotels in Melbourne

• Superior King

It was a beautiful place to spend a luxury night and really enjoy yourself. The staff where very attentive and nothing was too much trouble for them. I can certainly recommend the cocktails

• Superior King

Breakfast at Melba was amazing! Loved the gluten free banana bread and the make your own juice bar! Will definitely be back again. The accommodation was lovely and bed comfy! Awesome view.

• Deluxe River Corner King

Breakfast was not the best that I've had at other hotels, but there was a lot of choice.

Beautiful room. Excellent view and location. Room very quiet. Loves it. Best hotel I've stayed in in Melbourne. Truly lovely.

• Superior King

Everything was exceptional from stepping into the hotel, dealing with staff and food is totally delicious. Overall the hotel is a Dream and we will be back:-)

• Superior King

Checking in wasn’t very pleasant, I felt like I wasn’t given much information and had to overhear what others were saying. As a person with low vision, it was very hard to read all the information and there was no inspiration on the phone of what to press for what.

The room itself was lovely. Bed was wonderfully comfortable and the variety of pillows was great. The wellness centre was great with a nicely sized swimming pool and spa, and the jet shower was awesome.

• Superior King

We had to go and get our own bags from the lobby after waiting an unreasonable time. Porters were standing around chatting amongst themselves when my husband went to collect them so it wasn’t because they were busy.

Perfectly clean and beautifully comfortable king size bed.

• Superior King

Absolutely delightful hotel, the room was amazing . It was my daughters 21st and it was a gift for her to stay . I requested a late checkout which could not be guaranteed however when we checked in a late checkout was given I loved the robes and slippers provided, it was luxurious

• Superior King

I wanted to get some of the pretty merchandise.. unfortunately the shop is closed by the time I get back to hotel from work. Wish they have options for us to place our orders thru' hotel concierge and have it delivered to the room. Either that, please have the shop opened till later say 9pm.

the location is great and i love the pink theme in the hotel! Makes it feel pretty and cosy

• Superior King

Loud music & noise coming from room & deck below us on level 10 Saturday night, we complained at 11.30 but it continued much later.

We loved everything about the Langham.

• Superior King

Our 25th anniversary getaway. The staff made it extremely special and welcoming. We even received an Anniversary cake to share. All our requests were met to the highest standard.

• Deluxe River King

The bed was huge and so comfortable. The view along the Yarra was great and being able to step out onto Southbank for restaurants, bars and entertainment was perfect. Pool and spa were lovely too, though a bit cool to sit outside in May. We stayed as an anniversary treat - as a bit of a last minute one after a mix up with Tiger Air - and the staff were wonderful and sent a free chocolate cake to our room with 'Happy Anniversary' written on it.

• Superior King

Took a while to get used to the white noise

The staff are amazing, the bed is comfy, facilities are great and it's luxurious in a modern way - without heavy colours

• Superior King

Great stay at The Langham. 500m walk across the bridge and you are in the City. Had buffet dinner at the hotel when we were too tired to go anywhere (which was beautiful A+++). Spa view is 👌🏽 and the beds were so comfy. Would def stay again!

• Deluxe Balcony Room

Bed was very comfortable staff great and that little extra regarding our anniversary was very unexpected but lovely. Location was great with many choices and very close to CBD and a wide variety of restaurants and choices. Great stay.

Not a single thing.

Staff absolutely amazing. Every request was met with perfection ! Front desk Robert and Alan were most exceptionally helpful in locating an item left in my taxi. Lovely luxurious atmosphere. Buffet excellent.

• Deluxe River King

Bathroom sink plug not working- some cleaning in sink outlet needed

Warmth of staff greetings. The wonderful way all staff listened to requests an came up with great solutions,

• Superior King

When checking in l was served by a young man with a French accent. He showed no personality nor interest in me as a customer. He made me feel uncomfortable when saying he wanted to photocopy my licence. He also said he was taking an extra $200 on top of the accommodation from my credit card. This made me feel like a distrusted criminal. His behaviour at check in left a bad taste in my mouth.

Nice room and ambience. Beautiful flower around. Gentlemen who served me at high tea exceptional at his job and a pleasure to talk to.

• Deluxe River Corner King

pillows very soft. Shower compartment a bit small and dark. Hated the boiled mushrooms on the breakfast buffet - never a good idea to immerse fungi in water! Service was slow for tea top up didn't appear to be to many staff on considering the room was very busy.

room was spacious. Comfortable and clean Good range of product available for breakfast

• Superior King

The check in was very slow and clumsy. Check out was very slow with long queue, no ability for check out in room using guest services. The breakfast area is more like a 3 star buffet and the wait for a table was long. Probably due to Sunday service.

Bed very comfortable, provided iPhone charger promptly.

Absolutely nothing

Absolutely everything, the service was outstanding, we felt valued and treated like a VIP. The room was luxurious without the price tag, the hotel was beautiful and the staff attentive. The location is perfect, Southbank has so much to offer and The Langham is within a few paces of it.

• Superior King

The bed was comfy. The room was clean. The Melba Restaurant was lovely, food was nice and the Aria Lounge wasma great place to get a drink and relax.

• Deluxe Balcony Room

I celebrated my birthday at the Langham and received a birthday cake! It was a lovely touch to our stay!! Not only that my friend and I left our hubby and kids at home while we celebrated my birthday!! It’s the first time we stayed at The Langham and our room was up graded to my surprise the room we stayed was amazing!! My stay at the Langham was absolutely amazing loved our balcony!! Thank to the wonderful staff we meet at The Langham 😊

• Superior Twin

The only thing we had a problem with was the air conditioning. We found it really hard to turn down and there was the noise of the fan all night.

Everything was made so easy. Even the booking process was a sinch! The Valet parking people could not have been more welcoming and we felt that way about all of the staff. I really want to have my whole family there for a few nights sometime in the future.

• Executive King

My only disappointment was that I had paid for the inclusion of the breakfast in the restaurant but when we went there the first morning we were told that we would have to pay and extra $15 each. If I was made aware of this I would not have paid the extra money and stayed with the executive club lounge which is what we decided to do.

The staff were very helpful, friendly and accommodating. The beds were also very comfortable!

• Superior King

We were lucky enough to be upgraded on check in and had a wonderful view of the city. The staff were very friendly, taking our bags on arrival, showing us around the fitness and spa facilities, and it was a lovely touch to have room service come by at night to offer extra towels, water, etc. and see if there was anything we needed to make our stay more comfortable. Absoluetly loved our stay at the Langham, we will be back.

• Superior King

Only that the entrance is to back allay and not the riverside or into Southbank, but its no biggie. Also, they don't have any car parking or arrangement with one of the number of carparks within 25 meters. So its $64 per day for valet parking or you are on your own. The Travelogde directly opposite have an arrangement with Wilson parking which is under the Langham for $18 per day.

Hospitality of the staff was wonderful, so many little touches that continually remind you that you are staying in a top hotel. Plenty of new hotels present well but don't follow up with the service. When making the booking months earlier I mentioned we were having a night away for our anniversary and have booked dinner, a show and stay the night. When checking in the lady asked if it was my anniversary and being a typical male I forgot the entire reason we planed a night away and said no. In my defense I had driven for several hours to get to Melbourne so was a bit frazzled when we checked in. Once my brain caught up I was able to wish my wife happy anniversary as we entered our room and to our great surprise there was a slice of cake with happy anniversary written on it. Such a wonderful experience. Would definitely recommend the Langham for special occasions.

• Deluxe River King

I really can't think of a negative answer at this stage.

our room! It overlooked the river, it was spacious, and the bed very comfortable. Also had turn down service in the evening, where my slippers were laid beside the bed.

• Superior Twin

Check in was very poor experience as booking was made by husband and we didn't have his card. Hotel had email a form at work for him to complete provide ID and send back - luckily he was available Really poor experience

Beds were very comfortable and good location

• Superior King

They did’nt have a great menu for Vegan/Vegetarian food , even their pastas contained eggs which in this time and era is available in every corner of the world. Pizza’s were also unavailable. Its more of a business hotel than a family hotel. Also, their staff wasnt very helpful in providing or making arrangements for the kids meals. Some hotels go out of the way to do things especially if they know you are travelling with kids!!!! Langham did’nt!

The location is outstanding! Close to Collins Street ( the Champs Élysées of Melbourne) & also Flinders Street A 10 minute drive to the Melbourne Emporium & Melbourne Central Shopping malls or a 20 minute walk from Langham

• Deluxe Balcony Room

The rooms are well overdue for upgrades. Bathrooms are a bit small and warn out. Not enough plug sockets to accommodate laptops, cellphone chargers, ipads, etc. Telephone system might be an antique..definitely requires an overhaul. No master control for lights; was confusing/frustrating to figure out where all the various light switches were to control the lights in the room when heading to bed.

Great location next to the river and close to the CBD via the many footpath bridges. Amazing staff well trained in hospitality and were exceptionally helpful and kind. Easy access to the many restaurants and bars in the area.

• Superior King

Perhaps the high tea should be served away from the bar, if lots of people

High tea was great. Spa looked great as did the gym & pool. Location was so central & very quiet. Staff were so polite, courteous & helpful. A little noisy around the bar area on a Friday afternoon so ensure high tea is booked before 3 because 2:30 onwards crowds come in. But it didn't spoil our high tea experience. Food & service was excellent as was mocktail & champs. Loved the sensory aroma as you enter the complex. Opulence . Found out later in the day that our friend Tony Gabriele (rip) did all the bath tiling for the complex & it used to be called the Sheraton. Made our overall experience so emotionally lovely because we visited Melb to see his family on the anniversary of his passing 2 yrs ago. Also, the Sicilian doorman was very polite & friendly. Thank you for the opportunity to stay in a top class comple & upgrade was a pleasant surprise. I'd highly recommend this place to my family & friends in Adelaide.

• Superior King

The staff are respectful and attentive. I've stayed at the Langham many times and no other property can match the staff here. . Great location and always spotless .

• Superior King

Not without knit picking ....

Nothing to much trouble at all times the team made sure we were comfortable.... The experience of this luxury hotel was outstanding we would recommend staying...

• Superior King

There was a queue of ten people at reception (9pm) - presumably a number of flights had arrived at the same time! Staff were friendly and managed each customer with due care but to deploy a staff member from another area to the desk would have moved the back up much more quickly.

to arrive late at night to a beautiful spacious room, comfortable bed and pillows, water on the bedside and slippers at the foot of the bed was wonderful. It felt like a treat. It was immaculately clean and fresh.

• Superior King

The congestion of cars at the front of the Langham. It was incredibly busy and there seemed to be very few staff available to cater for the high demand. The service for mine was rushed and a little unorganised.

The comfort level of the hotel was excellent. Always an enjoyable stay.

• Superior King

Service always exceptional. Receptionist remembered us from our visit in December last year. Beds are luxurious. Had the best nights sleep and no noise from surrounds.

We were inadvertently charged twice for valet parking , but once alerted it was swiftly corrected and credited to my account, otherwise not a hitch and would recommend Hotel and the Melba restaurant to anyone.

The Hotel has a very nice ambience and outlook across the Yarra River. The staff were excellent very attentive and nothing too much trouble. On arrival our bags were taken our valet parking organised swiftly and we were then escorted to our room, after a friendly check in, and shown all the features of our room. Two of our adult children also stayed in another room and were very impressed with the in house service and the friendliness of the staff. Food high quality in the Melba Restaurant really enjoyed the buffet dinner.

• Superior King

Staff were exceptional, free slice of birthday cake and rose was given to my girlfriend which really made her feel super special! Made me look pretty good too ;)

• Superior King

Booked for Son and new Daughters Wedding Night. They are monthly world business travelers and could not speak more highly of the service and facilities at the Hotel

• Superior Twin

Decor in the room was very average for the price, it was a noisy room with a loud bar playing until the early hours outside.

Beds were very comfortable and room service was excellent

Loved it all.

Big room, comfy bed and beautiful bathroom. Quiet room with wonderful view. Love the extra touches - small things; like the box in the bathroom with little things that one forgets to pack

• Superior King

The wines were far too expensive by the glass and were very ordinary, if the wine was nice I don’t mind paying the price.

Comfort , location, service and breakfast.

• Superior King

Lights in room was not very powerful which made it abit difficult in trying to use laptop in the evenings or read.

The bed was extremely comfortable. It was also clean underneath the bed as this is sometimes forgotten about in hotels. It was the best nights sleep we had. We also liked the staff who was very polite and nothing was too much trouble for them.

• Superior King

Parking was expensive, but in that location, it is understandable.

The bed was like sleeping in a cloud! The room was beautifully furnished and not showing any signs of wear. The marble bathroom was lovely, and the plunger coffee made a wonderful start to our morning. Turn down service was a nice touch - well done The Langham!

• Superior King Room with Free Upgrade

I'm a middle aged woman and thought we'd got past this type of behaviour. The booking was in my name and I very much resent the fact that while I attempted to check in the staff member kept directing all questions to my husband (who was doing his best to indicate that the staff member should be talking to me).

The bed was extremely comfortable. We loved the views across the Yarra towards the city. Most staff were very friendly and welcoming.

• Superior King Room with Free Upgrade

I booked through bookings.com. I wanted to upgrade my room after booking. The staff at the hotel couldn't help and bookings.com were inflexible. Money lost for you

As always the beds are amazing. The staff are excellent. Its a special occasion experience

• Deluxe River Corner King

From the magnificent grand entrance/foyer of the hotel to the beautifully appointed room, we were blown away from the beginning. We stayed 4 nights. The location was superb. Close to the city, trains and trams as well as the southbank area which had an extensive choose of restaurants and cafes. We were pampered with first class service wherever we went. From the valets, the reception staff, the restaurant and the room serviced everyday with the bed turned down every night. The pool and spa area was just brilliant. Lovely skyline view, heated pool and 38dec heated spa!

• Deluxe River Corner King

The rooms are a little tired in terms of decor and technology. The bedside clock needed to be unplugged as it gave out so much light. Not as good as the Langham in Sydney from which we had come.

The Langham is in a great location and we had a room with river views from 2 sides. Staff are helpful and friendly. Housekeeping was especially good and efficient.

Everything was perfect.

The bed and pillows were sublime. The room was so quiet it was hard to believe that we were in the city. Food at Melba’s was absolutely delicious. Staff at both Melba’s and The Langham were amazing and so helpful, they were a delight.

• Executive River King

Dinner left a lot to be desired. We specifically asked if there was a Vegetarian option and were told yes... We therefore paid $94 for a small green salad and a piece of pumpkin...! There was plenty of choice of non-vegetarian food but all of it was totally cold. Not worth THAT $94 either.

Beautiful place to stay

• Superior King

The Valet parking was a bit slow to bring the car up but is a minor comment.

Our room had a great view over Flindersstreet and Fed Square. The room had a bath and was so very comfortable. This is a quality hotel, wonderfully located for a Melbourne stay and has a memorable decor and ambience.

• Superior King

The server at breakfast not very pleasant. Possibly new . Seemed a bit like an unhappy Disney employee. She was the only oneI attributed it to culture and early morning along with her newness in the job..no smile. No may I or pkease and thanky. ou .. Unusual gmfir the hotel

Upgrade river view. All staff professional and appeared to enjoy their jobs. Service always 5 star. Setting great location. .great bed..quality experience ..

• Superior King

Staff were exceptional. Honestly the best hotel I have ever stayed at - and I come from a five-star hotel background. Could not fault a thing - would not stay anywhere else in Melbourne after such a great weekend at the Langham.

• Superior King Room with Free Upgrade

TV Entertainment system is not great and needs an update. Bathrooms are very clean but shower is small/an old design by comparison to competitors.

Staff was great. Decor and room fittings are somewhat old school in comparison to some hotels close by however this is not necessarily a negative- it feels very classy and classic.

• Superior Twin

Thought we would have a romantic evening at the Melba Restaurant, not realising we would be paying $218 to stand in a line for long time waiting to put food on our plates. Should have gone to another Restaurant nearby and be waited on.

No complaints at all :)

What can I say? In my opinion the best hotel in Melbourne. Fantastic facilities, fantastic location, thoughtful staff for whom nothing is too much trouble. If you want to treat yourself when you visit marvellous Melbourne, do yourself a favour and stay here!

• Executive King

It was a special occasion away and the staff were all so kind and attentive. A lovely gift was waiting for us on our arrival. Club lounge had lovely views and put on an excellent afternoon tea. Melba’s Breakfast was fantastic and provided

air conditioner noise

The staff are the perfect amount of friendly & attentive, not over the top and in your face, The bathrooms are luxurious and the location is perfect for everything CBD Melbourne. only down side was the noise of the air conditioner. Also I received an email to choose my pillows (lavender was the choice) but didn't get them :(

• Superior King

Bed was comfy but very hot, we think it was a latex mattress. We enjoyed using the facilities such as the pool and spa but expected them to be a bit bigger... We were a little disappointed they don’t provide times for high afternoon tea for weekdays on their website as it reads as though you can have it at anytime without a booking, so we missed the seating for this but we should have enquired before our stay.

Loved how we mentioned it was our anniversary and we received a complimentary desert in our room which read, “Happy Anniversary” it made us feel very special.

That we had to leave.

Everything we experienced here was lovely. The room (the whole place really) was beautiful. The bed was fantastic. The shower was amazing. The staff were an absolute delight.

• Superior King

I am disappointed about the staff's lack of replying to my email on my return home. I realised that I had left an expensive hairbrush that was a gift in the bathroom of Room 1233 I replied to the email that contained my account as I had done the speedy checkout. I still have not heard from anyone.

This was my second stay at The Langham, it meet all my expectations, the bed was ok but I was disappointed that the comfort came from a mattress topper. I loved room service and my bread and butter pudding for dinner. Valet parking was always prompt which was a nice bonus.

• Executive King

we were in a room near the lift this time which we heard a few times early in the morning but we have been in other rooms and they are lovely

bed is exceptionally comfy

• Superior Twin

It's not really a negative, but the price for Valet parking was a little steep

From Check In to Check out the whole experience of staying at The Langham was excellent. Our room was lovely and my best friend and I had our own oversized super comfy beds. Staff were courteous at all times and breakfast the next morning was amazing

• Superior King

The Langham would have to be one of the best hotels I have stayed in Australia. Simply beautiful and one of the most comfortable beds we have slept in. This hotel is truly lovely and will not disappoint. Only comment is the room rate is quite expensive.

• Superior King

Ala Carte food in the restaurant was very average. The starter was overcooked and one of the main coursed gluggy. I would not recommend anybody to eat there ala carte.

The bar and bar food was good other than the polenta chips which were poorly cooked

• Deluxe River Corner King

As much as I love staying at the Langham, along with the facilities and the location, the decor in the rooms is looking dated. It's time to freshen up the place - especially considering the daily tariff.

The staff were very attentive and as return customers to the Langham we received an upgrade to have breakfast included in our stay, which was a very nice touch.

• Superior King

Room was upgraded to two double beds from a king size, not really ideal and car parking was $64 and because we were short of time we had to use it when the carpark next door was $11 flat rate. Just cant see how $64 is justified.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Poor service from the chauhan spa. Called several times and no pick up.

The amazing spa bath and comfy bed. The staff had been very attentive and also extremely informativr

• Superior King

Would prefer an apartment with a view next time.

Excellent, all staff made you feel special and went above and beyond to make this a home away from home.

• Superior King

Room was spacious and bathroom luxurious with everything you would need even toothbrushes provided. King size bed very comfortable. Loved the indoor pool facility that overlooked the city. Location was excellent easy walk to restaurants and the main city shopping. Will defenetly go back.

• Superior King

I thought that the tiling area each side of the escalators on entering needed some cleaning.

Very pleasant and helpful staff. Beds and bedding most comfortable.

• One-Bedroom Suite

leaving took the porters a little while to get our bags from our room to the car about 30 minutes.

loved the beautiful signature langham scent that wafted through the air throughout the hotel

• Superior King

The Langham is not cheap, but it is luxury done well; really a great value. We went to the nearby SkyDeck but discovered that the view of the city from our room was just as good. Breakfast was amazing (lunch is expensive). The location is ideal.

• Superior King

The rooftop pool and spa had children running a muck was very disappointing. The children were screaming, splashing and diving non-stop. It felt like it was a public pool. The staff did try to tell the parents once but to no avail. This happened in the daytime and at night. It made it very difficult to relax. When you pay top money to treat yourself to luxury, it's extremely disappointing to experience this. The hotel needs to have an emphasise on pool/spa etiquette on quietness and not disturbing others. This needs to be particularly stressed to people with children. Also having a no children policy after 7pm would be appropriate. - The mattresses and pillows could have been of better quality. We left with sore backs and necks.

The location in the heart of the city was amazing. It's quite a luxurious hotel which really created a nice ambience. The views of the city was quite impressive from the hotel room. The marble bathroom was very nice and contributed to the luxurious ambience. The rooftop pool and spa was great looking over the Yarra river and Flinders street station, particularly at night, however the hotel's lack of action of disruptive children in the pool/spa really hurts the overall satisfaction of the stay.

• Deluxe River King

It didn't affect our stay at all but it would be good to have more day beds/recliners down at the pool :)

We recently stayed at The Langham Melbourne for our anniversary and we had such a great experience. From the minute we arrived, the staff were lovely and the hotel had such a great feel to it. Our room was just a standard room with a river view and it was such a gorgeous room and very cosy. We just loved the feel of the whole hotel. The bed was also very comfortable. We especially loved the effort the staff went to to make us feel special. We only happened to mention in passing at check in that it was our anniversary and later that afternoon a beautiful "happy anniversary" cake arrived at our door. It was a small gesture but really made us feel special!

Browse The Langham Melbourne traveller photo gallery