Reviews of Great Southern Hotel Brisbane This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

103 George Street, Brisbane Central Business District, 4000 Brisbane, Australia

#105 of 148 hotels in Brisbane

4.5

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

Taking into consideration there was renovations going it was Ok, Needs a bit more warm and charact
    • Standard Twin Room

i thought the bathroom was a bit small, even for a small person , awkward with shower behind the door. There was no information in the room, I didnt even know how to ring reception.

i ordered the hot breakfast, it was good value but far too much on one plate for me, therefore half was wasted. The room for one adult and one child was reasonably priced. Good Location.

Very enjoyable
    • Family Room

Nothing! Service was good and the room was clean. Also the location was great.

The bed was very comfortable, we had plenty of blankets and pillows. The service at the check-in desk was fabulous. I would most certainly stay there again and recommend it to friends.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Good value and easy booking
    • Standard King Room

couldn't close the bathroom door for some reason. Bathroom very tight with shower door banging against the bathroom door which could potentialy break the glass door if you weren't too careful

location was great, good value

Never again!
    • Standard Queen Room

The staff was only helpful in the way, as they answer any questing with a question for money - unfriendly and not helpful at all! Suitcase was taken away just in front of there desk - only as I ask for police they told me that someone took it and would it bring back. Took 30min, nearly mist my flight and had to pay for a taxi instead using my train ticket I had already in my pocket. Did not bother them, no sorry! Real bad service, or better nothing what you could call service

• Reviewed: July 9, 2018

Overall good, but the 2 front hotel staff tainted it! Needs to fix professionalism and attitude!
    • Standard King Room

The front reception staff, when checking out seems to be on a power trip, very rude! Not very professional at all. And the other one with him equally rude, using his finger to call hotel guest Won't be going back there!

The room attendant is very polite and very helpful!

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

Absolute filth of a place
    • Family Room

Booked a room with 2 queen beds in it but we ended up with 4 single beds joined together. Both beds felt like we were laying on concrete. We told the lady and man at the front desk and they didmt care less. Breakfast took so long and was cold overall i would pay for my animals to stay there.

Location was the only thing this place had going for it.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

Mostly
    • Standard King Room

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone because of the lack of soundproofing and having to pay for wifi. I was trying to get to sleep for 2 hours between 9 and 11pm, there was a continual slamming of doors and talking. I must have heard at least 50 doors being slammed therefore I must have been hearing them from my floor, floor above and below. I could even hear talking in the next room. This is simply not acceptable. One last complaint, who the hell charges for wifi in this day and age?

Location, bed, linen and view were all good.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

Value, attentive and thoughtful staff, very generous rooms...
    • Family Room

Value, attentive and thoughtful staff, very generous rooms and perhaps that one thing we sense but can't articulate...maybe it's just the vibe?

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

I booked this hotel in a rush, wasnt really expecting much, but turned out to be a great experience
    • Standard King Room (Unserviced)

Little frigde was hidden in the wardrobe, I only found about it when I was leaving, althought I needed to use it during my stay..

Really nice view to the wheel of brisbane. Clean, good location. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

Perfect location
    • Standard Twin Room (Unserviced)

It’s a four star hotel but facilities are simply and decoration inside the room is poor.

Really close to central of the city and easy to explore everything here

• Reviewed: June 29, 2018

Would be ok if I was paying $65-70
    • Standard King Room

The hotel is in a state of disrepair and my room extremely noisey with elevator noises and air conditioner vent that could not be turned off. The bed was hard and uncomfortable and the sheets were like cardboard. Carpets old and smelly and the shower sprayed water everywhere except on my body.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

It was good because we got a great discount on it and it was...
    • Standard King Room

It was good because we got a great discount on it and it was central to where we wanted to go, but I wouldn't have paid full price for it as it is a bit of an older hotel so only worth the price we paid I feel.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Terribly noisy, good location, would not stay again unless I was desperate.
    • Standard Queen Room (Unserviced)

Noise, there is a building being constructed across the road, Very Load Noise started at 6.15am Also a party in the room across the hall on 1 night, I complained to staff at 11pm nothing was done, lots of loud music, yelling in the hallways, smoking in the hallways. I had to deal with it myself at 11.45pm then the hotel staff did something about the noise about midnight.

• Reviewed: June 19, 2018

Fantastic stay. The view was absolutely gorgeous
    • Standard King Room (Unserviced)

The bed was a little hard. The lamps beside the bed didn't work. But, I wasn't overly concerned too much with them.

The view of Southbank from my room of a night was gorgeous. Room was clean. The location was really good. The Pancake House near the hotel was a hotspot.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

the carpark really expensive, and my bond still waiting for...
    • Standard King Room (Unserviced)

No microwave..not enough shampoo n conditioner.

the carpark really expensive, and my bond still waiting for it...but close to all shops and transport so easy to catch.

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

Have stayed here many times with no problems. I did have a cut rate this time. I will use again.
    • Standard Queen Room

Mattress not comfortable - I have stayed here previously in other rooms and mattresses were wonderful. Back of bathroom door needed a clean. No glass in bathroom for cleaning teeth. Used tea cup instead. Not really a problem. Chain on door needed repair.

Price, Roomy, convenience to CBD, staff friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

Good quality accommodation for the price.
    • Standard Queen Room (Unserviced)

The room was a little loud. The bathroom window was bolted open so street noise couldn't be shut out. The minibar fridge was inside a cabinet so ran constantly - I had to turn it all the way down at night so it would shut off and I could get to sleep.

Good quality accommodation for the price. The room was furnished well, bed comfortable, and the bathroom was clean and new-looking.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

it was relaxing and close to eateries etc.

nothing!

our beds were very comfortable , the view was lovely looking down on the river and the full breakfast was very good, also the hotel was very quiet .

• Reviewed: June 8, 2018

Good Place
    • Standard King Room

Although, this is a good hotel. But unfortunately there is one thing that I always look for when I'm staying in a hotel which is a bathrobe. I wish the hotel can supply this such thing. Can be very convenient.

A great location, hotel is within the heart of the city. Pretty much everything is walking distance. The hotel itself also got a restaurant (very handy). The room is nice, great view for my booked room (executive room) you can see the river. Staffs are nice as well.

• Reviewed: June 8, 2018

I was surprised and disappointed that there was no free wifi.
    • Standard Queen Room

I was surprised and disappointed that there was no free wifi. They also charge by the hour for late checkouts. Overall, I would not recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: June 6, 2018

Brisbane overnight stay
    • Standard Twin Room

The place was clean. The bed was very hard. A fan or something in the bathroom was very noisy all night that I couldn’t turn off. Also we couldn’t adjust the air conditioning. It was a bit cold.

Easy to get to and very good value as we were only there for 9 hours.

• Reviewed: June 6, 2018

Very comfortable hotel with friendly staff and good facilities.
    • Standard Queen Room Riverview

One current major drawback is the major NOISY construction work going on opposite the hotel. Starts early in morning and is noisy. Hotel does not have double glazing. If you want to sleep past 6:30 you’ll struggle!

Good choice of breakfast. Ideal location for cultural areas of Brisbane. Bus and train services close by. Lovely views over the river.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

Ok for short cheap stay close to everythg

Very old and tired, tiny bathroom, hopeless shower & $25 per night parking fee

Location central to everythg, beds comfy and pretty clean - ok for a night or two

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Great great location ..... tired old hotel.
    • Family Room

Hotel is very old and dated. Fittings and fixtures all really need an update.

The location was fantastic and the staff was very nice. We only had 1 night stay for a show at QPAC, which was a really short walk. Great food and shopping close by.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Ok overall - the low price made up for the bad points
    • Standard King Room

Check-in person was not friendly, room was noisy, couldn't fit 4x4 in the car park - low height and very tight space.

The hotel should not be 4 star - can hear the neighboring guests (so they could hear us for sure lol) however for one night right in the city heart the price was right.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

Simple, comfortable and well located
    • Standard Twin Room

Great staff, location and very fast elevators! I got a surprise upgrade to a luxury, spacious room (thank you), but the hotel is from the 90s and needs some fresh touch for sure. Still, it contained everything one need for a short hotel stay.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

Great position and lovely staff
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was freezing cold and if would have been helpful if someone at reception had explained how to access the wifi when I checked in. And could have also alerted me to the building site behind and the all-night building noise. It didn't worry me as much as the cold, but always good to know.

The staff were great.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

I would not stay again and the parkade was really small and challenging.
    • Standard Queen Room

It is such an old place with construction across the street but the view of the Southbank was very good.

Proximity to the bridge and Queen street as well as Gardens point all excellent

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

it was easy to get to main places from hotel

above

on arrival I was given a dreadful room in great state of dis-repair however the next day I was moved to a much better room, the room was so-so clean dirt in the slider door of fridge section, I never had my towels or rubbish emptied for the whole of my stay , I could put up with sheets not been changed but the rubbish and towels I think is a must, The staff were exceptional, very helpful and the situation of the hotel was great

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

The aircon situation ruined what could have been a very satisfactory stay.
    • Executive Room

The air conditioning in our room was far from satisfactory. Despite attempts by staff to have this rectified our three day stay was spoiled by a room that was way too cold. To try and alleviate this we were given a heater for the room but the overall still fell short of the mark.

Staff were really helpful and we wanted a hotel central to the CBD so it fitted the bill. The room was spacious and we were very happy with that.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

Way above expectations.
    • Standard Queen Room (Unserviced)

The room was much bigger and the view had far less interruption to where I usually stay and pay double the price for. This is my new regular accommodation now when in the city. Way above expectations.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Good
    • Family Room

I was disapionted with the location of our room as I did request a room with a view like last time we visit. Aslso our beds was so hard and uncomfortable.

We have stay here in the pass and was happy with the acmadation and location.Great value for money.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

The location was great!
    • Standard Queen Room

The first day, when we just arrived, the receptionist told us room cleaning was not included, so we should pay 20$ per night! Wifi costs 3$ per day... We also ask to keep our luggage for one night and the hotel do not offer any solution, so we had to book an extra night to be able to keep our bags there.

The location was great!

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

we stay here when possible. It's our first choice when staying in the city.
    • Standard Twin Room (Unserviced)

A bit noisy at the moment due to the construction work over the road. We were top floor and the shower was lacking in pressure.

View and position are the best things about this hotel. Good value for money

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

Cheap but would rather pay more for better
    • Standard Queen Room

Beds are like rocks, had cockroach visit me. Window in bathroom is permanently open and very noisy.

We enjoyed our stay!
    • Standard Queen Room

Because we booked it through Booking.com, we did not get room cleaning service.

Location is great, the staff is helpful and there are all the amenities you need. The room is large enough.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

Shower head wouldn’t stay up unless water was running.
    • Standard Queen Room (Unserviced)

Tv signal kept cutting out. Could have used a microwave and somewhere to lay suitcase.

Shower head wouldn’t stay up unless water was running. Shower base, water wasn’t draining properly and was filling up.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

Overall good price, good location, clean and nice staff.
    • Standard Queen Room

Restaurant a little expensive i.e. Breakfast. Didn't utilise. Room not serviced daily, that I don't remember agreeing to when booking.Offered 2 complimentary services, good but should have been a given anyway.

We were lucky to get the views from the windows on the river side. Large room.

very disappointing
    • Standard Queen Room

When we booked we got a deal on the room, when we got there we were told we didn't get housekeeping, so we had to trek downstairs to reception when w wanted clean towels, toilet roll etc, no housekeeping meant the toilet wasn't cleaned for the whole time we were there., bin wasn't emptied for 5 days.... disgusting, when we got a deal on the room it shouldn't have meant we had to skimp on the experience. The room wasn't clean there was fluff hanging out of the air con unit, and a huge bloody cockroach in the bathroom (we were on the 12 floor) The place was old and dated.... C'mon Great Southern Hotel sort it out !!!!

The Great Southern Hotel was conveniently situated in the centre of the CBD, which made it easy for shopping eating and exploring the South Bank

Great location. Clean
    • Standard King Room (Unserviced)

My heater was broken, so they brought me a portable heater. That didn't work either, so the first night it was already late and needed sleep, so gave up and went to sleep cold. The staff said tgey would get some one in to fix it the next day. I had to follow it up the following night as nothing had been done. They swapped the portable to one that worked and gave me spare blankets. Which then were heavy and made sleeping uncomfortable. No offer of any compensation.

The staff were lovely and tried to their best to fix a situation when the hotel was dull and couldn't move me to another room.

We wont be going back
    • Standard King Room

Our room was dirty. The edge of the table had muck around the edge. There was a large hand print beside the air conditioning. The carpet had holes in it and was thread bare.

No evening meals breakfast was basic

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

You definitely get what you paid for. Very outdated and run down. Would not recomm more than 1 night
    • Standard Queen Room

Bed was extremely uncomfortable, a noise in the hallway all night so got barely any sleep, pool area never got any sun because of all the building surrounding it and was quite crap. No balcony or a window to open, no fan or air con in bathroom, after a while we struggled to breath in there.

It was clean enough and the staff were friendly

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

awful and dirty room
    • Standard King Room

The room is old and dusty. The carpet is dirty and has marks on it all over. The bed is very uncomfortable. The room temperature is difficult to adjust. The bathroom is very tiny and uncomfortable. I would not stay here again and would not recommend it to anyone.

The location is convenient as it is in Brisbane CBD

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

Okay
    • Standard Twin Room (Unserviced)

Very dated room. Lots of furniture not needed in random places Dirty marks oneall. Bathroom not very clean. Toilet paper not refreshed after previous guest. Air conditioning sparatic.

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

The hotel was clean and quiet and good value for money.
    • Standard King Room

On check in I would have liked them to tell me where the gym was or even what the Wi-Fi situation was. I had no idea on either point.

The room and bathroom were clean and quiet.

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

Overall the hotel was fine and suited our needs but the housekeeping rules were weird!
    • Standard King Room

We were told there was no housekeeping for stays over 2 days which we found very odd! (Surely there would be more need for housekeeping for longer stays). So when we needed clean towels, more teabags etc, we had to go and ask for them. We left our dirty towels outside the room as we were told to do and they were not replaced. We enquired about the cost of a local phone call and the receptionist had no idea. The hotel itself is tired and a bit shabby (particularly the bathroom) and needs some tlc.

The central city location was great however the construction site across the road starting work at 6.30am wasn't so flash! The bed was firm and comfortable and the room clean. The view from our 6th storey room was excellent.

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

I am looking forward to come back and have a wonder time staying at the Grear Southern Hotel.
    • Standard King Room

there is nothing that I can remember I don't like, I can only say that I really do enjoyed my time staying at the Great Southern Hotel.

My partner and I really do enjoyed our time staying at the Great Southern Hotel, the environment was really great and the staff were so friendly, room service was excellent and the food serve on breakfast was also excellent.

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

Would stay again as good value for money given great central location
    • Standard Twin Room (Unserviced)

Parking was rather tight to navigate. Will know to take own bathroom accessories next time as only provided with one small soap and tube of shower/conditioner.

Great location and view over Southbank. Easy walk to QPAC. Staff were friendly and helpful. Great value for money

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

Happy to be right in town, but staff could have been nicer.
    • Family Room

The sachet coffee was gross. They only gave a family of four one swipe card, and after asking for a second one, lied and said they had no more and then a guy out the back office said "just give him one". Parking was expensive. No microwave.

Bed was comfortable. Towels were fluffy. Walking distance to everything.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

• Standard Queen Room

The shower handle was broken, the cupboard to the fridge was broken and the bed was very hard. The window in the bathroom would not close so in the morning it was very cold.

Good location, staff were nice.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

Ok would stay again for the location n price
    • Standard Queen Room

Had a problem with having to pay a cash bond when I had paid for room already on cc and if I paid swiped cc for incidentals was going to be changed 300$ n would take a week to put back on my card.

Clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

It was short but good. I would stay again as it is good value fit money
    • Standard King Room

Renovated bathroom but installed the Worst shower head ever! Furnishings a bit dated. No heating in the room but a heater was provided on request.

Location, price, close to queen street mall & riverstage both 10 mins walk. View of River & city from room was great.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Great views for a good price! Ideal location too.
    • Executive Room

Bed was really hard and I often like a hard bed but this was just too hard. Receptionist had bad communication regarding the parking. I parked in front of the hotel and asked her if its fine to park there and she said yes but I need to move it before 6am/7am (cant remember the exact time), but I was happy with that. I told her are you triple sure its okay to leave it there now until that specified time without having to pay and she said yes as long as you move it its okay. This was at 8.30pm, I then left to go get dinner only to come back and find a $90 fine on my car as I was meant to pay for parking until 10pm which the receptionist did not tell me. She told me it would be fine. When I confronted her she just said she was so sorry and offered to pay for the fine but obviously I wasn't going to let her. I just think all of this could have been avoided if she knew the right facts about the parking or at least said she is not sure, I should go check the parking board (which I would have done if she didn't assure me 3 times that it is okay to leave it there).

Room had amazing views, lovely modern bathroom, great location!

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Below expectations
    • Standard King Room

Facilities were well below expectations. My towels were stained, along with my room having many marks on the walls and roof. Would not recommend.

Competitively priced, staff friendly, good location and great views from my window.

Great over all
    • Standard King Room

The parking is a bit of a problem

It was a great location, The staff were really nice and the view was great. It was very affordable. I would be very happy to stay there again.

A lot.
    • Standard King Room (Unserviced)

Air con was a little weak, but honestly it's no big deal

A lot. The buffet breakfast, VERY convenient location, the price, the very helpful staff, the well maintained facilities

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Ok. Location good, staff nice, rooms real budget
    • Standard King Room

The room was very basic. Although we paid for an unserviced room it was very plain and boring. It was very cold especially the bathroom, which was also very loud and noisy due to the vent, which you couldn’t turn off. We were given 1 soap and a small conditioner, where was the rest of it ?! Also when booking it didn’t state you had to pay a $100 bond when you got there. Was very disappointed with that.

The staff were friendly and accommodating. View was really nice, especially at night

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

Beds fine.
    • Standard King Room

Top sheets had dirty marks. Would have thought a biscuit would have been nice for cup of tea. Jug of cold water would have been appreciated.These are things that are normally in a room

Beds fine.Staff service exceptional

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

Terrible and life altering in a shocking way
    • Standard Queen Room

I Tom Lachlan Van Den broek paid for two nights accommodation but upon arrival i was instructed I wasn't able to stay without ID. So as my wallet had been stolen just hours earlier even though i explained this to reception and i was more than willing to offer 100 points of id i had stored in my luggage bag reception advised me that this was not acceptable, my partner offered her id the staff who had previously said this was perfectly suitable minutes later retracted the offer to help because it was going to be to hard to change the name on the booking conformation.. We're both from another state rural (NSW) had travelled hours to this foreign destination, inaccessible to the help and safety of our family or friends we stressed to staff that we feared for our wellbeing and safety.. We had been really looking forward to staying in Queensland having both worked so hard towards saving for this weekend away only to be told that we couldn't stay as that a further 100 deposit would be needed to keep the booking and photo id for myself even though all parties stressed this at such short notice and at time of night 530pm on a friday this wouldn't be at all possible.. I stress that this was not in any of the terms or conditions on booking.com they also stated because of my age (17) and not having photo id that my only option was to cancel the booking without refund of $221.18 that the hotel had charged my visa immediately during the booking procedure i didn't get offered to change the date of the booking or offered any alternatives, refund or compensation I.

Very unhappy with the hotel staff and poor service

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

We had a good stay
    • Standard Queen Room

Didn't realise the Hotel had a pool until I noticed it mentioned when in the lift. Otherwise the stay was really good

The staff at the frontvdesk were very helpful also the Hotel is Central to all facilities

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

Not bad for one night, expensive parking
    • Standard King Room

It’s really just a basic room, nothing fancy and the construction outside was super loud. Parking was expensive

The bed was comfy and the pool was an added bonus. The view at night was amazing of southbank

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

Out to get your money
    • Standard King Room

there just out to get any extra penny’s of you. I got parking what was not meant to be at any extra cost.. when I left at 10.00 I asked can I go get a few things for an hour and leave my car.. the man said that ok ur ok to stay to 2pm.. I landed back at 12 to collect my car.. landed down to the desk to collect my 100 dollar cash that I give them for a deposed.. she started to say I never left at 10 trying to get money of my deposed.. the man walked passed and I said to here that this man seen me and said that ok to 2pm then she said that the parking 25 dollars a night.. so all I got back was 75 out off my 100 dollars. Not happy with this hotel will never stay there again

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

The average southern hotel would have been a better name.
    • Standard King Room

We were only allowed one key even though there were 2 people staying in the room. There looked to be black mould in the shower and the room was not the same as the picture. Air con didn’t work properly as it was stuck on cold. Only one bar of soap provided when you need at least 2, 1 for the shower and one for the hand basin. There was no hand towel and the air vent in bathroom was very dusty/ dirty. The curtains looked to have mould behind them. The layout wasn’t functional with the bedside table too far from the bed. Could do with an update.

The staff were friendly. The bed was comfortable because I prefer a hard bed. The location was great. View was very nice.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Location good, rooms average but foyer, pool, lifts & gym could all do with some Reno’s & refurb
    • Standard Queen Room

Foyer & lifts need sprucing up! Pool very small & no nice furniture around it, could do with a refurb

Great location, central to all I required!

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

MAY BE ADVERTISED AS 4 STAR BUT PROBABLY 3 STAR AT BEST.
    • Standard King Room

THE PROPERTY IS ADVERTISED AS 4 STAR, BUT 4 STAR SERVICE IS NOT OFFERED. WE WERE TOLD THAT OUR ROOM WOULD NOT BE SERVICED BECAUSE WE GOT A 'GOOD DEAL' ON BOOKINGS .COM. THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH, AND IS NOT MENTIONED ANYWHERE ON THE WEBSITE WHILST BOOKING.WHEN MY WIFE ASKED WHY OUR ROOM WAS NOT MADE UP, THE STAFF AT THE HOTEL TOLD HER THAT WHEN SHE SIGNED IN SHE SIGNED FOR A NON SERVICED ROOM.VERY DECEITFUL ADVERTISING. NOT HAPPY

LOCATION

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Value for money. Location is 10/10.
    • Executive Room

Parking is very tight unless you’re driving a small car but was able to checkout and leave our car there for a couple hours after checkout

Value for money with amazing views of Southbank. We were pleasantly surprised we had a huge spa in our room. Quiet at night. Blockout drapes. Room furnishings are basic but it’s clean and the bed was very comfortable. Location is perfect

• Reviewed: April 27, 2018

Nice Stay, good location and great value for money
    • Standard King Room

I know the hotel is about to be renovated so I understand now why the chairs and furniture were quite old. It's not very fancy but good value for the money I paid. I recommend it.

Very well located and nice staff. Big room and renovated bathroom with clean sheets and towels.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

My daughter and I enjoyed our stay, we will definitely be staying at the Great Southern Hotel again.
    • Standard King Room

The beds were so comfortable, the view from the room was fantastic, the staff were friendly,polite and helpful. The location was perfect to everything, which was in walking distance.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

I wasn’t pleased and satisfied at all.
    • Standard Queen Room (Unserviced)

The furniture is old. The bed is uncomfortable. They didn’t change the towels and there was no tissue in the room or water. The male receptionist in the first night wasn’t welcoming. The shampoo also wasn’t enough for two night. when we walked through the main door there was a very bad smells coming from the restaurant.

The location is good.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

Very clean and great location with a great breakfast available.
    • Standard King Room

Free wifi would have been good. This was the only place in our whole trip across Australia that charged for it!!

Excellent location within walking distance from everything in the city.

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

The hotel was not what it looks like in the photos but overall it was a perfect location
    • Standard King Room

There was no bath. The bed was very hard and uncomfortable with no duvet just a sheet. The old wooden furniture makes the room feel like an old hostel

The bathroom was very modern The staff were friendly and helpful Great location

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

Location of the hotel is good.
    • Standard King Room

No parking for our large size Ute got told to park on a ramp but declined as our Ute is wide if your going to be charged $25 for parking you would think each room has a spacific parking space. Had to park up the street in another parking area which is inconvenient !!

Horrible
    • Standard King Room

The room was dirty the bathroom was poky there was three pillows on the bed therefore I was forced to fold up blankets to use as an extra pillow the bed was short sheeted on the bottom sheet which made it uncomfortable to sleep we was always fixing up the sheet there was only enough toiletries for one person not two they never explained payment details until we booked out parking spaces to small for larger vehicles my partner had to had several attempts to park in such a small park

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

• Standard Queen Room

The room was very dated and not a lot of light at all. Have to pay additional for Wi-Fi even though you can get free WiFi on the street from Brisbane council. Breakfast and other food seems very expensive so we didn't eat there. Air conditioning was not great probably because it's so old.

Great location and a good price for the area. 24 hour reception was a bonus as out flight was delayed and we didn't arrive until 4am but were able to check in straight away. Great that it has tea and coffee making in the room and an iron. All the basics you need if you have a busy trip planned.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

Didn’t get to use the facilities as was only staying for a quick sleep
    • Standard King Room

I arrived at midnight and was leaving the hotel at 8am the next morning I was exhausted from my flight and they charged me $25 to park my car in the tightest car park ever I was glad to have a reverse camera and a lot of experience or my car would have been smashed up

Browse Great Southern Hotel Brisbane Traveler Photo Gallery