Reviews of The Playford Adelaide - MGallery by Sofitel 5 stars

#2 of 96 hotels in Adelaide

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Great Film festival location
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Felt slightly tired & artwork in room was bit offputting

Great location for film festival & laneway bars.. Restaurant was v good & staff efficient & friendly... however bar closes too early & is over furnished..

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Excellent buffet breakfast.

Not applicable.

Excellent buffet breakfast. Pool and gym facilities were appreciate by all. Valet parking Friendly and courteous staff. Highly recommended

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Love our stay. Would stay there again.
    • Standard King Room

We found the rooms to be very comfortable & in a good location. Rooms were very clean. Great to be able to have a drink before we went out & a coffee afterwards. Lovely area to sit & relax. Breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Started bad... Ended, oh... Bad.
    • Standard King Room

Charged smoking fee, didn't smoke?! Overbilled on card by $405 approximately. Injury sustained due to improper door installation. Check in took 75 minutes

Not much after all that! Checking out took 9 hours, thankfully not continuous and was less painful than my leg.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Dont eat the bacon
    • Suite with Spa Bath - North Terrace

breakfast was ok but not 5 star bacon was raw and grey and not cooked chef started arguing with me refused to engage you dont cook bacon in an oven .

great staff friendly and knowledgable

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Return visitor and can not fault staff and facilities again.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Return visitor and can not fault staff and facilities again. Loved it and already booked our next stay. First time with our 4 and 2 year old this time, staff were amazing with them and pool provided excellent fun for them as keen swimmers normally

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

I got upgraded to a spa suite but had a view of the horrible back lane
    • Superior King Room

The lobby lounge is disgusting, the couches are filthy the menus are old and covered in food. The seats in the dining room are stained with food, again menus are old and revolting.

Good breakfast

Ok but wouldn't return
    • Superior King Room

Dark room, no natural light Bed not that comfortable Having to book buffet breakfast in advance Bad mannered breakfast concierge Location Hindley street awful

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Other than the restaurant menu no complaints
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

The restaurant does not offer steak on its main menu Must be only hotel in Australia Staff commented that they lost quite a bit of business thru this as customers went elsewhere to eat

Beds & setting very good

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Great service, staff were lovely
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room service menu could do with a few children's options. Only 2 towels for 3 guests

Great service, staff were lovely Comfortable beds Spacious room and bathroom Great breakfast!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Great stay
    • Standard King Room

The instant coffee in the room

Great stay , front of house staff were excellent, friendly and helpful, very comfortable bed and great shower. The location was perfect.

One of my favourite hotels in Adelaide.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

One of my favourite hotels in Adelaide. Great facilities with gym and pool facilities being available 24/7. Lovely rooms that are very comfortable. Great restaurant and lovely staff.

The pillow menu was a great touch as I often get headaches...
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

The pillow menu was a great touch as I often get headaches from using soft pillows, but here I was able to choose a firm pillow and had a great sleep.

I would not recommend to anyone to stay here.
    • Standard King Room

staff was unfriendly and unprofessional. I felt that someone has forced them to do their job and forgot about the customer service. I would not recommend to anyone to stay here.

location was good.

A wonderful treat
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Difficult to understand the staff at check in.

Size of the room was excellent. The hotel offered a lot of extras, pool gym sauna and spa. Nice bar and a terrific location. The breakfast was nice.

Beautiful atmosphere, enjoyed every moment.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

The bed was a little firmer than I was used to at home, but in saying that I have back pain anyway. My partner really enjoyed the bed. Another downer is that the spa bath wasn't as big as I'd hoped, still fit two people, just not with comfort to move more than a little.

Free coffee in the room, however milk supplied in the minibar was an additional charge; thankfully, my partner visited the OTR on North Terrace to grab a bottle and it wasn't a worry! Also, the blockout curtains were so good! It was nice to have a dark room in the early afternoon when you've been out all day and just need a quick nap. The bathroom well and truly exceeded expectations. The shower head was bigger than mine, making every second feel luxurious. The spa bath was really easy use.

The staff were incredibly attentive and made us feel so...
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

There was nothing I didn’t like about it.

The staff were incredibly attentive and made us feel so welcome. The hotel itself was immaculate and absolutely incredible. It was incredible value for money.

Well appointed spacious room, good service and great indoor pool but small spa & poor room location.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

We asked for a room with a view and were offered an upgrade for a price. Ended up being in a room on the lowest floor at the back of the hotel with a view of a car park entrance on one corner and the dumpster area on the other. We had a spa room, but were mistaken in thinking it would be a corner spa big enough for two. It ended up being a single spa bath.

Great pool and the room was clean, spacious and well appointed.

A delightful hotel in a great location.

Nothing to dislike.

This is a really lovely hotel. Intriguing style (art nouveau) and very nice and available staff. The breakfast was superior t the usual hotel offering.

Amazing place to relax and reconnect with my wife
    • Loft Suite

Bath could be a little bigger but that's not something we didn't like .

The overall vibe of the hotel very welcoming. Was a great place to be. Made to feel like you were in your own little secret bubble and it was amazing.

The room was beautiful, and we were able to get early check...
    • Loft Suite

The balcony isn’t a balcony, it was about 2 inches wide.

The room was beautiful, and we were able to get early check in prior to a wedding. The staff even left a nice card for the bride and groom.

The hotel décor is a bit tired and cluttered but it is very...
    • Loft Suite

The restaurant was appalling. We ordered a plate of terrine and pate. It came with one knife and no bread or crackers. We asked for some bread and were told it didn't come with bread. We asked how can two people eat with just one knife? We were given forks. We asked again for bread. After 10 minutes, the kitchen send out a full loaf of bread. It was gross and intended as an insult! We would never eat in this restaurant or stay in this hotel again because of this experience.

The hotel décor is a bit tired and cluttered but it is very well located and the reception desk staff were lovely.

The location is fantastic to get everywhere.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

The bed was a queen bed, when we booked a king. The spa was not clean. Where the water tap had black mould behind it as it wasn’t ever clean.

The location is fantastic to get everywhere. The room was mostly clean.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Brilliant my favourite place
    • Standard King Room

Great location friendly staff very comfortable room and bed Breakfast was amazing We had had 1 very minor hiccup which was dealt with professionally and immediately Would definitely stay again

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Fabulous Playford
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

If I was really nit picking. I asked for a warm coffee but got a hot one. So when I got back to my room had to poor it into a mug and add some cold milk.

I liked the decor, spaciousness of our room, comfort of the beds, all the recreational facilities. The staff were all really friendly. My son is a fussy water but they adapted his French toast order with ease. Great stuff.😁

Superb in every way.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Nothing, although the room I reserved was chosen as a quiet room and I was aware of noise from a nearby nightclub, although my partner did not notice, so it may have been because I was a little closer to the windows.

This hotel probably the best place I have stayed. The staff are delightfully helpful and friendly, and happy in their work. Many I spoke to have worked at the Playford for 8 or 9 yrs. My partner travels the world for work and has stayed in many hotels over the past 30+ yrs, and his comment was that only one other hotel met with the caliber of The Playford, but it the Playford staff were far friendly and more helpful. The design of the place is stunning, the food is exceptional, there was nothing I could fault. I’d go back there in a flash. The dinner was great, the wines were extremely fine, and although expensive, there were more affordable options of excellent quality. They pride themselves on sourcing local produce. I have MS and some mobility issues; the lobby has a wheelchair lift for mobility impaired patrons. Parking was easy too - 2 options of either valet parking or self parking for $24. Very handy, and the trams run past regularly and the train station is also very close.

dinner in the restaurant was very nice

the tv had really bad interference however staff did try hard to rectify the problem even offering a new room on the last night.

dinner in the restaurant was very nice bed was very comfortable bath deep and luxurious soaps shampoos etc beautiful

Can be relied upon for comfort and friendly staff service
    • Suite with Spa Bath - North Terrace

The Playford is always a lovely place to stay. Friendly staff, comfortable room. Having a lovely spa but noticed the tiles could have been a bit cleaner - slight amiss by cleaning staff. The rest of the suite was clean. Ideal location.

Luxurious, friendly accommodation in a central location. Perfect.
    • Standard King Room

The one cocktail we had was disappointing. Not value for money. Could taste no alcohol in it.

Bathroom was gorgeous. Loved the mirror. Homely. Didn't feel like a hotel bathroom. Staff were particularly friendly, engaging and helpful.

Elegant hotel close to everything we needed- great overnight stay
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Would have been nice to have pillows that weren’t so full

Close to Adelaide Oval for our function we were attending we were able to have a beautiful scenic walk over the bridge along riverbank, our king room with Spa was wonderful and the bar area was beautiful - overall very elegant hotel

amazing room, food, friendly staff made the stay come together nicely will definitely be coming back
    • Standard King Room

there was some sort of fire alarm in the area at 4am but i don't think it was the playfords alarm

the French Toast was so fluffy and amazing, the beds were amazingly comfortable the shower was amazing too i was so happy with the hotel

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

A lovely hotel, great staff and service all round.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

The room faced Victoria St, overlooking a car park - It would have cost a lot more to move to a North Tce facing room.

We stayed in a King spa suite - lovely spacious room. Nice furnishings and a wonderful comfortable bed. The service is wonderful - just ask for what ever you need. We got fresh milk everyday and a paper each morning. The breakfast in the restaurant is amazing.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Great choice hotel with character, great service and location. You will be very comfortable here.
    • Standard King Room

Being woken up at 11.00pm for room service that I hadn't ordered but the staff member did apologize. Totally forgivable. The room service meal / snack menu could be a little broader please.

The reception staff were really lovely and helpful. The room was pretty and bed comfortable. The front bar area is a really nice place to sit and relax after a big walk around the city and attractions. A great choice if you like a hotel with character and great location where you will be comfortable and well looked after. And my room service breakfast was excellent. The little side-street driveway is great for guest drop-off and anyone being collected by work colleagues by car. Great for leisure, arts, entertainment or business travel.

It was well worth the experience.

The view

The room was excellent, breakfast was also, the staff were friendly & competent. All in all the experience was first class as you would expect. I am sure we will go again & next time I will look for a room with a better view.

Housekeeping was great.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Room wasn't as big in the pictures, for the price I paid the place was small compared to other hotel I stayed at that's twice the size of the place and lesser price than I paid for this stay. Was upset couldn't have a group of friends over for games and such after the event we all went to across the road. Food selection for buffet can also be better.

Housekeeping was great. The place was great overall, just not as great as I thought it would be

A very pleasurable place to stay.
    • Standard King Room

staff were friendly and very helpful, location was great for my needs and my room was very clean and had all the amenities i required. Coffee and meal was excellent, I would recommend this to anyone, as I was traveling on my own I felt very safe and secure.

WILL DEFINITELY COME BACK HERE FOR AVCON!
    • Standard King Room

Our rooms were dusty and my friend had an allergy reaction from it, there was small cobwebs on the ceiling cornace and the wardrobes were very dusty inside. Please make sure rooms 407 & 409 are cleaned thoroughly for the next guests.

As always, we picked The Playford as our number one place of stay when visiting Adelaide because of their wonderful friendly staff, pretty beautiful setting, 24hrs pool & gym, delicious selection of buffet breakfast and their excellent customer service.

Hard to fault

Rooms could be a little more sound proof.

Beautiful boutique refurbished gem. Hard to fault. Location brilliant, bar, lounge, restaurant all pretty classy and cosy. Great work out centre with heated pool. Staff very attentive and pleasant. More than happy and would choose again if in Adelaide.

Everything was lovely and the staff were fabulous.
    • Standard King Room

It's minor, but a biccy to have with coffee in the room on arrival would be nice. I know there is a cafe downstairs but having travelled all day, we were just staying put.

Everything was lovely and the staff were fabulous.

This hotel will definitely live up to your 5-star expectations - brilliant.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Nothing. We had a fabulous stay in a fabulous room.

The staff were so friendly and professional, they made us feel welcome from the moment we walked in the door. There were plenty of them too, everyone was busy and everyone had a job to do, from checking us in to opening the front door to collecting our luggage. The hotel itself is beautiful.

Great place to stay when in Adelaide. Will come again.
    • Loft Suite

I have stayed here several times now, and as always the service was top shelf. The staff are friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms are always very clean and the beds are soo comfy, like sleeping on a cloud. The in-room espresso coffee was delicious. I stayed with my two young children and they also loved the whole experience. Will definitely be staying again when we head to Adelaide. Two thumbs up!

Beautiful room great staff but loud from doing up a room
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

My husband and I have stayed with u before and decided to stay with u again and we were there to have a resting chilling time only leaving the room to go to dinner and in the day time when we were chilling and sleeping , the room above we had jack hammering going through our heads and it was a bad experience, the only thing offered to us was free car parking we never get away without kids and the time we did this happens first morning they started earlier than the other

Wouldn’t stay anywhere else it’s just like a second home in Adelaide.

Housekeeping a bit late in the day at 2pm would prefer it to be done earlier

Always a special experience staying at the Playford.Love the ambience & so close to all the amenities.The meals we had at the bar at lunch time were great value.

Room was amazing - we had a suite with a spa.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Room was amazing - we had a suite with a spa. We received a complimentary free upgrade to the same room type but with a view. Buffet breakfast was delicious. Staff were super friendly. Great location.

Great spot, will stay again!
    • Standard King Room

I couldn't open our window so it felt a little constricted.

Staff were really helpful, location was excellent, room was clean and big comfy bed. Overall a fantastic experience.

Probably wouldn’t stay again
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

That there were stains on our sheets, hair in our information guide weren’t given enough towels for 3 people, that the freezer didn’t work we paid $16.50 for a ice cream via room service for it only to melt

Would recommend and would stay there again. A big thank you to the staff for being outstanding.
    • Loft Suite

The view was a little disappointing but obviously not the fault of the property.

The staff are wonderful. So incredibly friendly and happy to see you. Nothing was too much trouble. Room service was delivered very quickly and so professionally. The property is exquisite with its design and furnishings. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in, it was divine.

Well worth it for a short trip
    • Standard King Room

The view..looking into a computer room

The room was amazing room service was fast and was really nice and front desk was very helpful when I asked for help

Friendly and comfortable

I liked everything about our stay.

This hotel is well located, with parking available at a reasonable cost just adjacent. All of the staff were warm friendly and professional. The bed was supremely comfortable, the furnishings pleasant and tasteful. The bathroom was well appointed with an excellent shower and hairdryer. Double glazing kept out the noise but it was also possible to open the sliding full length windows. It was a good price compared to others. Even the fridge was silent!

Everyone who worked there were so obliging, happy & had...
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

There was nothing we weren’t happy with.

Everyone who worked there were so obliging, happy & had amazing attention to detail- reception, restaurant, bar & housekeeping were lovely. The bed was extra comfortable & I am usually very fussy. The restaurant food (dinner & breakfast) was delicious. We were so pleasantly surprised!

Excellent hotel in great location.
    • Superior King Room

Very friendly and helpful service. Rooms were lovely, spacious and comfortable. Great location, walking distance to many facilities. Would stay here again.

Excellent experience

It was our 50th Wedding Anniversary and they upgraded us and gave us that extra care and service. From reception to the restaurant they made our stay very special.

Not coming back.
    • Standard King Room

When you book your room, ask them if the renovation work has been finished yet. I was put on a level (5) where rooms were being renovated with the accompanying noise and smell. When I complained about it I was offered a room on a different floor. I don't understand why they put me on a floor where there was ongoing work being done when they had other rooms available!? I had booked my room 7 or 8 months earlier! The view from my room was miserable.

The bed was comfortable.

Beautiful, spacious suite .
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Room was on the first floor, facing Victoria St. A lot of noise ALL night from people walking, running through, cars . Got to sleep at 5am.

Beautiful, spacious suite .

The room was fantastic.
    • Loft Suite

The room was fantastic. I really loved that we had a loft and the room felt really spacious. We were attending an event at the convention centre, which made it a great location.

Everything we needed when we needed it and staff were great.
    • Superior King Room

Rooms are starting to look in need of a refresh. Restaurant is highly regarded but hard to get into for dinner unless you plan well ahead, which you can't if you want to stay in because it is raining!

The hotel was in a terrific location and the staff were very friendly. The Lounge Lobby was excellent for meeting friends for a drink or for a quick breakfast if you didn't want the whole buffet experience.

Just a bit better right around the corner.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

I asked for a quiet room, and they advised they'd fulfill my request. I was put on the 2nd floor, and felt like I was sleeping inside the car park next door. I did not complain, but I felt sick. Making the request in the first place should get me a quiet room, not being there and then having to repack and move when all the noise becomes apparent. It was also disappointing for a 5 Star Hotel. I recently stayed around the corner at the Mayfair, and the decor, ambience, (and quiet) was much more befitting of the price I paid.

Location is good. It's right across from the train and Casino, just a short walk to Adelaide Oval.

Bed was super comfy, I recommended the loft suit if staying.
    • Loft Suite

Bed was super comfy, I recommended the loft suit if staying. Had what other hotels don't have, toaster, cutlery, bowls, etc. and a coffee machine!

Wouldn’t stay anywhere else
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

One of the mattresses weren’t great in the room closest to bathroom.

Beautiful place and the service is excellent. We got a great price for our stay, and the location is great! So happy we stayed here.

Good location and great service.
    • Standard King Room

Did not have a bath in our room. But that is not a major issue for me.

Staff were very helpful friendly & efficient. Room was quiet and comfortable. Would like to stay again for a bit longer next time.

• Superior King Room

The windows simply looked out to the side of a building, not much a view (from the room I was assigned atleast)

Room was fantastic, super comfortable, very roomy. Had a very welcoming and comfortable experience, felt more like a home then hotel.

The 24hr facilities, the personal letters they leave in your...
    • Loft Suite

Costs of hotels in Adelaide are expensive for what you actually get. Don’t get me wrong the room was nice but we expected it to be extravagant for the price. Buffet breakfast was nice but they kept running out so we felt rude taking what we wanted and while waiting for more to be cooked up, the time we got back to the table our eggs were cold and ate a cold breakfast.

The 24hr facilities, the personal letters they leave in your room for check in.

Friendly staff, fresh and clean room. LOCATION
    • Standard King Room

I chose to stay here for the location, and in particular as I had a medical appointment the following day the easy to get there. Room was fresh and clean could not fault this. Valet parking is the best, may cost an extra couple of dollars but for the ease of not having to park the car yourself it was well worth it. Highly recommend.

will be returning :-)
    • Superior King Room

extremely clean, which is unusual even for big name hotels. very well maintained, nothing broken or not working. very comfortable bed, easily adjustable room temperature, huge television with great picture. easy parking at reasonable but not ripoff cost.

Central, clean, great bathroom, able to open sliding door to...
    • Superior King Room

Deco not really my style. I was very upset that when my husband arrived the front desk gave him a room key without checking with me or even asking him for Id. Not a great feeling to have a door open when you aren’t expecting it. Luckily it was my husband and not someone with malicious intent

Central, clean, great bathroom, able to open sliding door to get fresh air

It’s always a delight to stay at the Playford.

All good 😊

It’s always a delight to stay at the Playford. The staff set it apart from other comparable hotels. They consistently go the extra distance. Thankyou.

The hotel was beautiful, staff courteous, wonderful location.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Very expensive, only 3 of the 4 jets on the spa tub worked and the buffet was expensive for what it was.

The hotel was beautiful, staff courteous, wonderful location.

I would like to commend all the staff, front of house and housekeeping
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

I had a great time the bed and pillows were great a good night sleep there was nothing I didn't likeI would like to commend the

I was supplied with 4 banana this is what I have for breakfast I paid $10.00 Nothing

The luxury of the hotel, it’s locatiom, friendly staff, car...
    • Standard King Room

Wifi was not included in the price of room

The luxury of the hotel, it’s locatiom, friendly staff, car parking so close . The room was dark and quiet overnight allowing us to get a full nights restful sleep

Someone actually came about and took our bags in from the...
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Someone actually came about and took our bags in from the taxi & the bags were in the room by the time we got there. Also, the cards worked in the lift consistently, which was a refreshing change! we requested a quiet room and we got one! :)

Fantastic welcome by staff who couldn't do enough.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Just couldnt get a good nights sleep, the ed jst didnt feel right. No pillow top?

Fantastic welcome by staff who couldn't do enough. Immediately felt comfortable and important.

Spotless, great position, friendly staff
    • Standard King Room

We really enjoyed our stay. The hotel was spotless. All the staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms and bathroom were really well appointed. It was nice to have the tram at your doorstep and some great restaurants nearby. We used the pool daily, great for laps.

Everything is Brilliant!
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

My son's finger was cut by the corner of glass door which is above the bath tank. the corner is quite shape, it is a risk for naughty kids. Otherwise all great!

Everything is Brilliant! Staff is very friendly, property is luxury, food is great!

Would love to go back

The rooms art work might need up dating other than that it was beautiful.

Great staff. They were well mannered even to other grumpy guests. They don't put a face on, they're genuine. The bed was such a comfortable and beautiful feel to it.

For the price of the loft suit. ($385 per night) i think it deserve improvement or reduced rate.
    • Loft Suite

The creaky stairs in the loft suit and the “balcony may as well not even be there it’s not a balcony it’s a sliding door there is no area to stand on I wouldn’t class it a balcony .

I always chose to stay at the Playford as it has 24hour pool,spa,gym and Sauna. Definitely my number one choice 👌🏻