Reviews of The Hotel Windsor 5 stars

111 Spring Street, 3000 Melbourne, Australia

#39 of 168 hotels in Melbourne

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

If you’re looking for something special this would be a good...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

If you’re looking for something special this would be a good place to stay, cause the hotel is a heritage building and everything inside looks like ancient. But it also means it’s not really comfortable, not exactly five star hotel level.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Fantastic location with lovely and helpful staff.
    • Classic Double Room

Decor a little dated but that is a minor detail to be fair when it comes to comfort cleanliness and location.

Bedroom was comfortable and clean with everything you needed.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

The staff are fantastic!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

That we couldn't stay longer!

The staff were wonderful, the breakfast and room were fabulous. We were given a complimentary bottle of champagne and a card signed by the staff (individually, with lovely and personal messages) for our honeymoon. Thank you so much!

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

A perfect place to turn off from a busy work load; relaxing, comfortable and elegant.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The music in the dining room at breakfast was pleasant but at times the same piece was repeating. Some variation would have been appreciated; eg Tord Gustavsen The space in the bathroom was tight for a tall person.

The staff were all excellent; friendly and helpful. The decor in the room had a timeless elegance that inspired a feeling of relaxation! Beds were very comfortable and extra blankets were supplied on request. The buffet breakfast was delicious; a great way to start the day.The maitre d' was very welcoming.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

It was AMAZING. I would stay there again
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There was nothing to be improved on. The room style really suited the hotel, old-world glamour and charm

The staff were amazing, nothing was too much trouble. The food was excellent, room service was quick and delicious. We had tea and cakes in the restaurant which was especially delicious.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Highly recommend!
    • Classic Double Room

The experience was wonderful. Stayed there for my mums 50th and they surprised us with a cake and personal birthday card. The rooms were comfortable and the breakfast exceeded our expectations!

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Beautiful
    • Classic Double Room

The rooms need a little detailing... paint touch-ups, re-siliconing the bathrooms, updating the quality and size of the TV, etc.

Beautiful lobby and restaurant area and brilliant 'vibe' of the common areas. Location is fabulous with tram stop just outside.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

we stayed in Windsor to have an experience of being in beautiful historical Hotel.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

my husband had trouble with the pillows he felt they went flat in the middle. Hiring a movie was bit expensive, most hotels we stay in have movies free part of the room.

The Buffet breakfast was excellent and it was lovely to be waited on when i asked for coffee. The staff were very friendly and helpful not only in the eating area but when walked past the rooms where the staff were getting ready to clean the rooms, everyone seemed to enjoy their work.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Far away from 5 stars

Arrived with a colleague and by mistake they inverted my reservation with his. As a result my room was very small, when I asked the reception the answer was: can’t you just swap you rooms!?!? Wi-fi unusable, working really bad with connection coming and going. No slippers, no toothbrush, A/C working bad. No comment on the TV, it makes so much background noise that makes it impossible to watch, very poor channel selection too. Room not very well maintained (see pictures). Impossible to manage a late checkout: they say they are fully booked, but if I pay a full night charge for a checkout until 6 p.m., then they will find a solution. Last but not least at the checkout they made a mistake in my bill and tried to charge me with an additional night. I tried to explain it to the reception lady but she was too confused and needed the manager to fix the problem. I would bever book here again, it is a 2/3 star hotel, very far away from 5!

Position and concierge were good. That’s it.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

The heart of the city centre
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Cleaning could be improved more. Mostly the bathroom was clean, but sometimes its floor was not cleaned properly.

The hotel is located in the heart of the city centre. It was close to everything - theatres, tram stops, the cathedral etc. Breakfast and afternoon tea were tasty. The staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Lovely old hotel in central Melbourne
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Views from the rooms seem quite limited. We were given a room with a view as requested, but the view was straight into a building next door. I think many of the rooms look out over an inner courtyard, and some rooms may look out towards the Parliament. Main issue is that the rooms can be a little dark during the day. May be a good idea to check with the hotel if this is important to you.

Lovely old hotel in a great location. Tram and train just outside, and also a taxi rank. Fairly easy walking to most attractions in central Melbourne, but tram great if you don't want to do the longer walks. Room was spacious and very comfortable. Separate dressing room was a bonus. The king size bed was very comfortable. There was a seating area, a desk, a fridge and a lovely bathroom. The room was very beautifully furnished in keeping with the style of the home. There is a bar downstairs and you can have a drink there, or bring it back to the lobby. There is also a restaurant, but we didn't use it.

A TIRED OLD LADY WHOSE BEST DAYS ARE BEHIND HER.
    • Windsor Suite

The room wasn't ready when we checked in at 5.00pm. There was no turn-down service, no comp water in room, no morning newspaper at door until we asked. Very expensive for what you get. We have spent 10 years staying in hotels all around the world so know good from bad and average. I am sick of Asian staff on the front desk who speak limited English and are rude.

Despite the problems the duty manger was excellent and helpful, as was the concierge. The valet car service was very prompt. large room.

The Windsor was our treat to start our week's holiday in...
    • Classic Double Room

The Windsor was our treat to start our week's holiday in Melbourne and surrounds, and it is Superb! We love historical sites and actually being able to stay in this beautiful hotel was great. One can read all about the history of the hotel on it's walls. We did accept (and pay for) an upgrade on arrival and the room was right at the front and huge! Very comfortable and plush, from another era. Not for people who like very modern!!

majority of staff (esp front desk) were not overly helpful
    • Classic Double Room

majority of staff (esp front desk) were not overly helpful It was difficult to tell which floor the lift was on from inside the lift. We tried to enter the wrong room as were didn't know we were on the wrong floor!

The staff were great as was the location.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Didn't like having to leave the hotel

The staff were great as was the location. The tram stop and train stops are at front door. Would highly recommend staying there

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Over priced for what we received and would not stay there again.
    • Classic Double Room

The staff in the restaurant for breakfast were not at all helpful, I had to ask for coffee every time I had an empty cup. Not once was I asked would I like a coffee.

The Concierge staff were fantastic and lived up to the standard the was expected.

Lovely stay for my wife's birthday.
    • Classic Double Room

Would have liked to have dinner in the dining room.

The atmosphere, the history and well preserved interior. Loved the breakfasts. Lovely surprise for my wife, a birthday card and chocolate desert awaiting in our room after dinner!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Very close to the theatre and restaurants great location. Beautiful Grand Hotel

Nothing everything was fantastic

Large spacious room. Lovely efficient staff, nothing was problem. Beautiful Grand Hotel that has so much history. You are treated very well from the moment you arrive with doors opened for you and luggage taken to your'e room.

It was fine in the end although I don't believe it was value for money booking through Bookings.com
    • Classic Double Room

Because I book from Bookings they did not give a normal superior room that would normally get otherwise. i had to make a compliant to get an upgrade than they want to charge me extra. This is the second time it has happen through Bookings portal..

Breakfast was a highlight

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

A little disappointing considering price. Other hotels provide better value for similar cost.
    • Classic Double Room

I did not like that our room was so tiny. I did not like that we looked out our window only to see a brick wall. I did not like that the shower was in the bath. I did not like that no complimentary biscuits were provided with tea and coffee (a bit mean). I did not like that the bathroom exhaust fan was caked in dust and fluff. I did not like having to wait 20 minutes before being seated for breakfast and eventually being seated at a table for six rather than a table for two. I did not like having to ask several times for coffee.

I loved the beautiful building and totally appreciated it's classic furnishings and historic photographs. I liked the polite and helpful concierge and check in staff. I loved the bottle of bubbly that we found in our room and the lovely card and kind wishes for our wedding anniversary. A thoughtful gesture and much appreciated.-

A lovely relaxing weekend in a stunning hotel with character and history.
    • Classic Double Room

Fabulous room; overlooked Parliament House so was a very busy street with people cars and trams ; the room was wonderfully quiet and peaceful. Lovely olden day furniture; great bathroom. Very good water pressure. Bed extremely comfortable with a great number of pillows to choose from. Staff are very friendly efficient and professional. Lovely temperature in the room that we felt warm secure and relaxed on a horribly cold Victorian weekend. Loved reading all the history places around the walls.

An experience and celebration full of wonderful experiences and now memories

Nothing to fault

The old world Windsor charm and ambience. Caring, friendly staff. Well appointed rooms including very comfy bed. Great location in the city. Thank you to the Windsor for the special little things that made my 60th Birthday celebration just perfect.

Windsor Hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The bar staff in the cricketers bar couldn't care less. Bathroom needs fixing, shower taps not working properly and patches in wall tiles etc.

Concierge/door staff were always wonderful. Best yet!

Always wanted to stay here but won't come again
    • Classic Double Room

The carpets were very dull , the space smelt like a cruise liner of heavy smokers had just been through, the entrance foyer looked very tired and not inviting to rest in, the upstairs carpets were the same

The history the historical recollections, the rooms were clean and tidy, the paintings were good, the walls and fittings were fresh

Old fashioned cosy comfort
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We felt the carpet/drapes/soft furnishings looked a bit grubby and drab. The sheer curtains looked like they needed a good wash. Coffee and tee sachets were terrible. In a five star hotel we expect a coffee pod machine. View on to adjoining office block very disappointing.

The size of the room was very good - it was comfortable, the heating was effective and we liked the separate dressing room. It's a very characterful hotel. Complimentary apples at reception were a nice touch.

Worst most disappointing experience - definetly not 5 star
    • Classic Double Room

Very disappointed with small room for cost. Spoke to mgr and they advised they would upgrade and move our things to new room. One hour passed and we decided to go out for dinner. Windsor restaurant closed. 7.05 spoke to reception. They gave us new keys for room upgrade and advised valet would move our luggage. Returned to windsor at 11.30pm and keys didn't work. Went to reception and they said they hadn't moved our luggage as it was strewn over room. Which wasnt true. Clothes in cases and hanging stuff in wardrobe. My partner got upset and said he wanted to leave. I had tovreturn bnb to original room and collect belongings with staff and partner waited outside for the car to be returned. This was the worst experience ever. I was celebrating my birthday and our first anniversary together and i ended up at my home alone whilst my partner returned to his house. Booking. Com also guarantee best value but price charged was same as windsor and they didn't upgrade us as we booked through booking.com. i made a complaint sat morning to booking.com and am still waiting for outcome. This was not 5 star, not even 2 star and communication and customer service was dreadful

Valet parking man polite and courteous on arrival

The breakfast was lovely, delicious pastries.
    • Classic Double Room

Public areas were lovely but our room was very tired and could do with updating.

The breakfast was lovely, delicious pastries. Position great for everything we needed during our stay.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Poor room considering price
    • Classic Double Room

Room was old and really tired for over $300 a night compared to other accomadation 5 star in area quite poor. Also had an art event on so people off the street walking and lingering outside room for 3 to 4 hrs in the evening as a guest very intrusive.

Breakfast was lovely, the staff were really good, great service

Somewhat underwhelming given the price
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I requested twin beds and instead got a queen bed. When I complained - as I'd had confirmation via booking.com that the hotel had confirmed twin beds, the hotel denied any such confirmation and couldn't move us until the next day (which was ok, but the way they dealt with it was not as I would have expected). Then the charge for our entire stay was different to what booking.com had advised, when I queried this The Windsor advised that the rate changed daily and that basically the rate on booking.com wasn't guaranteed. The bathroom in both rooms was not up to standard with large patches of enamel peeling off in the bathtub in the first room and the second room had mould on the shower walls.

The room was very spacious and comfortable.

Could not have been happier with such a romantic setting for a special occassion with my partner
    • Classic Double Room

For a top line Hotel I just would have thought the 'room' coffee would have been a bit more upmarket. Maccona does not fit with the surrounding elegance of The Windsor.

The hotel is comfort from a previous elegant era of charm. the staff were extremely helpful and pleasant and friendly. Our romantic night was fantastic . The room was superb . the comfort was excellent from the bed to the bathroom. We could not have been happier!

A unique experience.
    • Classic Double Room

Nothing. Love this gorgeous and historic hotel.

The Windsor is a unique experience. A step back in time and history. Always a special treat to stay there.

Happily stay again

Interior colour scheme was extremely drab - getting in a good colour consultant in can lift the look and atmosphere of the hotel.

Great location - train station on corner, easy walking distance to shops and restaurants in the city, and restaurants in Lygon Street and North Carlton easy 15min walk. The City Wine Shop and Bar/European Restaurant complex are in the next block - for all day dining or just a pre-theatre drink or a night-cap. Check-in and check out very fast and stream-lined, and I loved the email prior to our arrival to ask what we would like to make our stay more enjoyable.

We loved everything about our stay at The Hotel Windsor.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We loved everything about our stay at The Hotel Windsor. It was like stepping back in time! A beautiful greeting was given as we entered the grand reception area. The check in staff were lovely too. If you love modern- contemporary hotels, I would think it is fairly obvious The Hotel Windsor is not for you, but if you love history, art and older style furnishings you will love it. The breakfast was lovely too, especially the ambiance, classical music in the background, beautiful china dinner wear and lovely lighting.

Not worth the Money to stay.
    • Classic Double Room

The Breakfast was average, the same thing every day ?. The rooms where so so stuffy . The ducting did not seem to work ?. it was just so disappointing. We did not get a very good nights sleep as the rooms where so stuffy. We tried to get the Aircon to work but to no avail. The rooms where so hot & unbearable needed a fan. The Windsor may be a Highly Rated Motel but it is not worth the money to stay. Not very helpful staff. We ordered a bucket of ice Hour later it turned up ?.

The Old History of the Actual Motel.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

We had wonderful stay at the unique hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything was great. My husband and I had lovely stay. Close to good restraints and pubs and great shops.Breakfast at the Windsor was excelkent

Had an omelette for breakfast,superb

the staff were very friendly
    • Classic Double Room

the Hotel is renovating and quite a lot of noise in early morning. Also you have no control over the heating which is too hot for sleeping

the staff were very friendly

Absolutely superb and we were extremely impressed with the customer service of every staff member
    • Classic Double Room

The outside noise was particularly loud and the small room was overheated and somewhat 'stuffy' despite us altering the temperature.

The service was exceptional and the surroundings were beautiful.

Thoroughly enjoyed -wished I could have stayed longer
    • Classic Double Room

Did not stay long enough to come across any problems

Staff were efficient prompt and very pleasant. Breakfast to the room again prompt and lovely -still hot Room very clean and comfortable Excellent area to get around Melbourne, very close to conference facility

A very enjoyable weekend in Melbourne attending a wedding in a truly beautiful venue.
    • Classic Double Room

No view from the room, just a wall. The shower is over the bath which we found difficult as we are older patrons! No safe in the room. This is a basic requirement in this day and age as most people travel with electronic devices, passports etc that they want to lock up in a convenient location.

We love the old world atmosphere of the Windsor, all the history, the beautiful architecture, especially the ballroom where our function was held. The staff are very friendly and helpful, we loved the breakfast with the beautiful crockery and yummy food. Our room was standard size but the bed was comfortable and the atmosphere was warm and cosy.

Noisy ventilation system disappointed
    • Classic Double Room

Rm117 has a noisy ventilation system right outside the window. Ear plugs had no effect, so sleep was virtually impossible.

Lovely heritage hotel. Very well located at top end of shopping area.

Not as polished as usual/ expected.
    • Classic Double Room

The staff appeared to be less attentive this stay then usual. Which is disappointing as their service usually sets them apart as a hotel. Almost as if they were short staffed. Long waits in the dining room at breakfast to get a cup of tea or coffee as you can't get it yourself. The staff almost appeared to be avoiding you. Very long wait at the valet too, usually staff come straight to your car and take your bags. We were just left there to hover for 5-10 mins whilst waiting for someone to take the car. The bed was also terrible. It was so hard I didn't sleep at all night, my body was aching. I let the staff at the front desk know upon check out, hopefully something will be done so the next person who stays doesn't have that bed!

Beautiful building and surrounds

The Windsor is a great place to stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast in the grand dining room was delicious. There was a range of cooked food to choose from fried tomatoes to bacon and delicious scrambled eggs. There was ample pastries and bread and fruit to please all tastes. The staff always kept my coffee cup full.

The room was so charming.
    • Classic Double Room

The room was so charming. Bed was lovely and comfortable the floor boards creaked under foot but this added to the charm. I would definitely go back. We walked the city ended up at crown and then strolled back up Collins St to the Hotel. Was a lovely weekend and would definitely go back. It was nice to wonder if any celebrities had ever stayed in our room. Definitely a jewel in Melbournes Crown.

Fantastic location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was cold and in need of renovation. However, it was clean.

An old beautiful hotel with a lot of charm. Plus the location is fantastic. Right in the heart of the city, opposite the parliament. Great service. The staff was incredibly welcoming and friendly. I strongly recommend the breakfast or Afternoon tea in the wonderful dining room.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay - staff, accommodation, facilities, ambience, dining room, everything
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I would have been grateful for an electric blanket on the bed. I am getting on, widowed, and find it difficult to warm up in bed. The room may be warm, but I need that extra warmth in bed to be able to get comfortable.

Beds were very comfortable; apartment was roomy and loved the comfy lounge seats. Our apartment had separate kitchenette and dressing room, which I really appreciated - nice to be able to dress and undress with extra privacy and where there is heaps of space for your cases and clothes. The beautiful dining room is very comfortable, waiters are very polite and attentive, and the breakfast spread was exceptional.

Absolutley fabulous!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There didn't seem to be a safe in our room. To be fair, we didn't check with staff.

Being transported back to another era makes the Windsor a must. We'll definitely be returning - very soon. Staff attentive and professional without pretension. Book now. You'll love it. We did!

A comfortable and memorable stay in a grand old hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Kettle was on one end of room but had to walk to other end of room to fill it with water. Heater made room stuffy when u can’t open window. Slightly larger twin bed would be nice.. there’s certainly the room for it, or a table you can eat at. The coffee table was too low and couldn’t be moved. Mini bar stuff predictably outrageously priced ($9 for a chocolate bar) but convenience store just around the corner!

Very comfortable stay in grand old hotel. Splashed out on room service which was delicious. Staff are all fantastic, excellent service with impeccable manner. Beds great, bathroom clean and dressing room was useful, Deluxe room size was huge. If you want mod-cons this isn’t the hotel for you but I love the old world charm!

No sense of the 'grand old lady' hotel I expected. Only worth the discount rate we paid Booking.com.
    • Classic Double Room

Formal rather than friendly welcome and check-out at reception. The marble-tiled bathroom would have been classy in its day but it is now very tired looking, with old bath and ordinary shower.

Bed and pillows were comfy and the room had formal style. Despite the marble tiles, the bathroom was rather tired-looking. Our view was old roofs and blank walls. Staff were formal and just friendly.

We had an excellent time at the Windsor.
    • Classic Double Room

We enjoyed our whole experience at the hotel; the room, the view from our window, breakfast, the afternoon tea and the hotel's history. The staff were friendly and very obliging.

Service was great.
    • Classic Double Room

Floors are a little bit creaky sometimes.

Service was great. The room was cosy and comfotable for a hotel of this age. Interior decor is classic and beautiful if you are into history.

Beautiful stay with delicious food and a wonderful atmosphere.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room was cold and an extra blanket would be great.

Absolutely wonderful nights sleep. Super comfortable bed and gorgeous pillows. Breakfast was amazing. We'd stay again!

Warm, relaxed atmosphere with old world charm
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The Windsor is a wonderful place to stay. Great balance between 'old world' and modern, the staff is always very friendly and helpful, rooms very tastefully set, breakfast/meals good value and very good location.

A very pleasant stay in a truly historical hotel and well worht a visit

Nothing really !

The rooms size was great and amenities good. The location is excellent. The cricketers bar is well worth a visit. The menu there is good and the food quality excellent. we didn't use any of the other restaurants, so cannot comment. Concierge staff were extremely helpful. we would definitely return.

Terrible and not worth the money.
    • Victorian Suite

Dated and stained furniture, old facilities, noisy heaters and filthy carpets that don't inspire the bygone era rather make you think about how terrible it all is.

Lovely Hotel but would not rate it as a 5 Star
    • Classic Double Room

It was disappointing that the only place to boil the kettle was to put the kettle on the floor in order to reach a power point. The only water available to put in the kettle or to drink is from the bathroom. There was no fresh complimentary drinking water.

Comfortable, safe and welcoming
    • Classic Double Room

Fresh milk for tea would be nice 👍

Everything about this hotel is top rate, from staff to quality of food to position and comfort and quality of rooms.

A lovely elegant place to stay and good value for money.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It would have been nice to be able to see out of the window (it was frosted up) and the creaky floors meant we were woken once or twice. But overall a lovely place to stay.

We loved the experience. It was like going back to a different era. The staff were fantastic and the room was spacious and comfy. The bathroom had a bath and shower.

Our special place 💖
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We loved everything about The Windsor, it has a great atmosphere, I love the history, the staff are so welcoming, my husband and I loved every minute we were there and have decided to make it a yearly event, its very special 💖

Sorry, for the price charged, the details need to be right, and they were not.
    • Classic Double Room

To be honest I know that this is an historic hotel, but it isn't a cheap option, even though the rooms are dated. The towels were old and mine not only had a hole in it, but it ripped in half hen I stretched it across my back to dry myself. The bathrobes were grey and old and there was only one tea bag ( English breakfast) to share. I booked the hotel through bookings .com and when I arrived I was told by the guy on reception that the room I had already paid for was the equivalent of a closet, and that I really should consider paying the extra to upgrade to a wonderful larger room with a view. I did this, but in all honestly, this hotel cannot compete with newer hotels closer by, and when the towels rip, there is no bottled water available and not enough tea bags to make two decent cups, I came away thinking that despite the connection I had with the hotel from my past was strong, I would probably never recommend it to my friends or family or stay there again. It wasn't value for money.

The location was great and this is why I stayed here. I also stayed here because it is the hotel that I had my wedding night in, as did my parents, and it was significant for me. My friend had her birthday party at Wallace and Ed ( a bar there) that night so I wanted to be close as I was with my daughter and did not want to be walking the CBD to another hotel late at night. it was also easy to access from public transport which made it easy to commute from our home in the country.

2nd stay .. did not dissappoint.
    • Classic Double Room

Room was a little dark. Better lighting perhaps.

Staff especially the concierge are fabulous. Pillows are the best. Location perfect, close to great eateries.

Overall experience was great. Staff were all very helpful.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room could do with a bit of upgrading. Floors were creaky so you could hear the people upstairs walking around. Expected in a building of this age I guess.

The beds were really comfortable. Breakfast in the restaurant was great. Location great. Trams literally at the door.

Windsor is an iconic hotel that lived up to expectations, recommend for people who like nostalgia

Nothing to comment on

The Hotel was just what I expected, iconic in Melbourne. The room was excellent, clean and well kept. the location of the hotel is great easy access to everything, restaurants, transport and theatres.

Service was great especially Russell the door man.

Dated facilities

Service was great especially Russell the door man. Rooms are dated, air conditioning very old. But overall it’s part of the ambiance of staying there.

If I am able to get the same rate again I will definitely book
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

1.Had problem sleeping pillows were too soft and flimsy. Asked for firmer pillows exactly the same. Expected better quality never had issue in other hotels of lesser known reputation. 2. No view window .

staff very welcoming . Loved the era and history of the hotel. Also loved that the cleaning staff looked like characters out of Downton Abby . location perfect tram train .restaurants. Cricketers bar for the boys a bit too much beer ambience there.

Never will be back again
    • Classic Double Room

Upon check in they couldn’t find my booking until I showed confirmation and lost 10 mns of my time after a very tiring trip. Cigarette smell all over the room. Upon checkout and after finishing my meeting I asked if I can borrrow a room to change my suite and head to airport, they told me to use toilet and sports room which requires me to carry my big luggage and couldn’t spare me a room for 10 mns. This is strictly a very bad customer service for such a hotel. Hundred of rooms and staff tell me that they are all booked. Never will chose this hotel again.

Authentic historic fancy luxurious hotel

We had booked to stay for an anniversary, the staff were very polite and helpful in every way.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Tea and snack making a little cramped apart from that we enjoyed our stay

The bed was comfortable the room was spacious and the ensuite very clean and bright

Stay here anytime.

Usually exceeds expectations.

Historic building. Fine rooms. Superb service. Great location and yet you are not in all the noise and congestion of the city. Real good internet.

no lunch served at 2pm except "high tea" or pub...

no lunch served at 2pm except "high tea" or pub food in a very smelly bar with only high stool seating. room service... a turkey club sandwich with processed turkey was not acceptable breakfast disappointing as it was very good several years ago.

Great place to stay if attending a show or the football.
    • Classic Double Room

Toasters were a little tricky to use especially when you had never seen this sort of toaster before. Instructions would have been good as I think the main complaint was no one could get their toast toasted enough.

The services was very friendly and helpful. Room was smaller than I expected but the bed was comfy. A 2nd arm chair would have been nice so that we could both sit in comfort to watch the TV. Breakfast was nice and a good selection of items to eat.

It was our 4 year Anniversary, we wanted to treat ourselves to something special..and it was.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Valet Parking was not included.

Everybody that we met was so lovely and treated us like VIP's even though we are a young couple. The room and the view was lovely.... the breakfast.........awesome !

Loved the locale- very easy, no stress stay.
    • Classic Double Room

Tiny allocation of milk- similar amount to a Best Western Motel. I just thought for a $200 plus room that was poor.

Comfortable room Hotel was luxurious, decor beautiful. Friendly staff. Wifi.

Stayed in the King George V suite - beautiful, loved the...
    • Victorian Suite

The hairdryer - why would you put such a nasty, cheap hair dryer in such a lovely suite. Considering the rates per night for this suite, I think you should upgrade the hairdryer in the bathroom to a much better quality appliance.

Stayed in the King George V suite - beautiful, loved the rooms, furnishing and styling - very comfortable. Fabulous service from helpful, considerate staff.

Perfect location, lovely old hotel with cute rooms, would highly recommend! Also staff super helpful
    • Classic Double Room

The shower wasn't great - no pressure. The room did look bigger in the photos (classic double), though it wasn't an issue, still plenty of room for 2!

Very cosy room, comfy bed and great robes!

Lovely staff, lovely food, lovely room what more can I say
    • Classic Double Room

Could be cheaper or offer deals

I liked the fact that the Windsor was not a sterile multi story carbon copy of every other type of accommodation available

A very convenient, relaxing sojourn.
    • Classic Double Room

Felt a slip mat in the bath would have been good, besides that no complaints.

The bed was very comfortable and the room spacious. all the staff and services was good.

Browse The Hotel Windsor traveller photo gallery