Reviews of Toowong Central Motel Apartments 3.5 stars

38 Jephson Street, Toowong, Toowong, 4066 Brisbane, Australia

#66 of 148 hotels in Brisbane

5 people: no way!
    • Family Studio

Booked for 5 people on booking.com Arrived to discover rooms don’t take 5 people unless one is under 3 yo. Offered a second room for an extra $129. Showed manager booking.com and that when entering 3 adults and two children aged 14 and 17, their motel comes up with one room at $174. But no concession given. Wouldn’t even accept a cancellation. Original price of $180 must be paid even though the booked room could not accommodate our family. Offered a free $10 breakfast as compensation. Manager persistently justified his position and persistently explained all the reasons why he couldn’t do anything. Clearly it was either our fault or booking.com ‘s fault, but definitely not his. DO NOT attempt to book for a family of 5 or more!!! And if there’s a problem, do not expect the manager to help - he will tell you all the reasons why you’re wrong. At one point he asked if we’d found other accommodation for one of our sons. We had, with a relative. But what if we hadn’t? He didn’t care!

Nice room, but overshadowed by poor customer service

Disappointing hotel and room facilities.
    • Studio Apartment

Pokey bathroom, no room to use basin for extra ablutions, shower curtain - very annoying! No lift - we had to walk up flight of stairs to get to reception ( tiles were wet and slippery the next morning) then two flights of stairs to room. Tiny television for size of room!

Fridge and microwave available Bed comfy but made weirdly. Close to train station and shopping centre

Very pleased with accommodation and would book in again - location walking distance to Toowong.
    • Studio Apartment

There was nothing I didn’t like.

I particularly enjoyed the space and amenities provided. efficient book in and late entry access. Parking a necessary factor. Outside noise was minimal and being a female traveling on my own I felt quite safe. I would definitely stay again.

Comfortable. Well situated. Pity there's no staff on site after 6pm.
    • Family Studio

Could not contact family member in room after hours. Only 6pm but told there was no one at the property reception to put a call through to the room.

Friendly efficient staff welcomed us on arrival. Spacious old style family room.

We stay in family room (grand father, son, and twin grand-sons) to go the international Union Tests

Renovated bathroom very good. Sheets and towels were new, clean and crisp. Went to Rugby Union Test - Wallabies v Ireland - and Wallabies won !

Good value
    • Studio Apartment

Smoking on other balconies. Unable to use my balcony due to chain smoker on next door balcony. Had to keep my balcony door closed to avoid extra cleaning charge.

Very clean Central location

• Studio Apartment

Rooms were a little dated

Good central location with spacious rooms and an outdoor recreation area which was handy. Very comfortable bed Close to cafes ,transport and shops

Very pleasant - wouldn't hesitate to recommend or stay there again.
    • Economy Twin Room

A power plug and lighting near the single bed would have been helpful for recharging phone and reading in bed.

Manager was super helpful, nothing too much trouble.

Enjoyable stay at Toowong Central Motel

All the steps?

The unit was a surprise on how big it was, and it was wonderful to have a comfy lounge included into the room to make our stay more enjoyable and staff were very helpful on arrival.

Good value. Safe complex. On site parking. Central location.
    • Studio Apartment

Noise from construction site across the road started at 7am but I was going to get up soon after that time anyway. I was aware of some traffic noise during the night, so I turned on the a/c to create some white noise and slept very well.

Roomy unit, comfortable bed and large kitchenette. There were several restaurants and a pub a couple of blocks away, which was convenient. My unit had a large balcony with a table and 2 chairs. I would have had my breakfast out there but didn't due to the construction noise.

• Studio Apartment

Property a little tired but being refurbished.

Great location, plenty of restaurants nearby, major shopping centre within an easy walk and great transport links with train or bus. Easy onsite parking. Spacious room with kitchenette and balcony. Warm welcome at reception. A good choice for our needs.

Good value
    • Studio Apartment

Noise on the first night from concrete trucks from 1 am in the morning on a construction site right next door was horrendous!

Handy to where we needed to be for a wedding

I'll be back, but not until the building has been completed
    • Studio Apartment

Building is occurring across the road. On Saturday morning, machinery started operation at about 3.00am, making sleep impossible even with windows closed and a/c on. Surely is this an abuse by the builders and should be reported.

The motel was clean, and the staff helpful

Very old and tired but comfortable.
    • Studio Apartment

Very old and tired. Massive building happening across the road so don't think it will be around for much longer.

Very old and tired but comfortable.

Enjoyed my stay apart from the noises underneath the room as I have stated before.
    • Studio Apartment

I didn't like the clanging noise underneath my bedroom which kept me up nearly all night I think it had something to with the hot water systems underneath our room. If or when I stay there again I wish to be no where near these facilities please.

Easy access and parking facility , great location and value for money.

Served our requirements for a medical visit very well.
    • Studio Apartment

Very quiet room. Could hear very little traffic noise with the doors shut. Air-conditioning very efficient and quiet. Location to shopping centre and train station was very good. Nice outdoor area.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

The manager was lovely but room was not as I expected.
    • Economy Twin Room

Stain on carpet. Room wasn't ready and room had sliding wooden door on bathroom and was too small. Didn't like shower in bath. Needs renovations.

Pleasant manager and location was good.

Value for money in this location
    • Studio Apartment

Good location, good parking, little worn around the edges but good for short stay,handy to all the ementies I required for a one night stay. The location was quiet

Happy to stay here again when construction finished in building opposite and in a different room.
    • Studio Apartment

Room was directly opposite a major building site and above driveway entrance. Room was overdue for a spruce up and needed to be refreshed; carpet old and bit dirty, bath/shower on the compact side as was whole bathroom, apartment looked like motel room with sink and cooking items thrown in, stairs slippery when they are wet and had to be negotiated in bare feet.

Walking distance to shopping centre and trains and convenient for our stay. Room well serviced. Receptionist helpful with some things.

Great to beat the All Blacks.

No problems at all.

Exactly what we wanted in a family suite for grand-father, son and 2 grand-sons to attend Wallabies v All Blacks Test. Close to the train and comfortable. Best part - Wallabies won 23/18.

Wonderful and very comfortable. Would come again and recommend it to my family and friends.
    • Family Studio

Very comfortable, incredibly clean, loads of hot water, terrific kitchen facilities, fantastic location enabling us to walk to Toowong Shopping Centre. No great view outside but we were not interested in a view. We wanted a place halfway between UQ and Wesley Hospital.

Very pleased to recommend Toowong Central Apartments to intending visitors.
    • Studio Apartment

No complaints or suggestions.

In short, the accommodation was good value for money. The Room was clean and the Bed comfortable. The Motel is very accessible to the heart of Toowong and to Rail and Ferry Transport. The Management was very helpful when we requested to leave the car there after checking out because our Flight was much later in the day.

The room was spacious.
    • Studio Apartment

The room and surround was lacking TLC It was dated and some maintenance was needed. The building site opposite kept us awake as there seemed to be activity all day and night.

The room was spacious Good location in Toowong Village Near cafes, restaurants and shopping centre.

Very noisy
    • Economy Twin Room

Very noisy - construction was going on ALL night, lots of traffic noise, plus loud neighbours having a party, and the age of the building meant you could hear everything, unfortunately a very bad sleep.

Won't ever return!
    • Studio Apartment

On two of our four nights there was night works (road and building) bobcat excuvator trucks grinding it was horrible. right outside out bedroom that went on from 9 pm - 4 am, no notice was given and the manager wasn't that helpful. could have offered a room off the street but didn't.

The facilities are very tired, sheets clean but frayed. bathroom clean but old fittings. Bed not comfortable. Fo a selfcontained unit not very well appointed with utensils. Not a vey nice place to stay.

wonderful, lovely, friendly, close to all shops.
    • Family Studio

We could not find the remote for the television...😱

Spacious room, in room facilities, free wi fi, everything, I even had a chance to bubble bath twice😊

thanks for the wonderful Motel.
    • Studio Apartment

nothing at all at list I sleep excellence.

I did select the question mark for breakfast because I didn't eat breakfast I buy my own, but its all good no problem.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

This was a good stay.
    • Studio Apartment

This was a good stay. Nothing bad to say.

It was convenient to be able to visit the Wesley Hospital and also for public transport. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Close to train, shops and restaurants
    • Studio Apartment

Reception staff was friendly and helpful. The room was large and clean and good value for money. Facilities are somewhat dated but were adequate for our needs. Parking the car was easy and best of all free. It was close to shops, places to eat and train.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Could have been better for the money
    • Economy Twin Room

Room smelt of cigarette smoke; window and blind in bathroom hadn't been cleaned in a long time. Overall, the room was a little worn looking. No insructions on how to operate clock-radio, whose alarm seemd to go off randomly. Room manual indicated there was Foxtel and CD player, but I could find neither.

Easy access and good parking; large sized room with basic DIY facilities.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Friendly and helpfull staff.
    • Studio Apartment

Noise from building works across the road, carpets not vacuumed every day (insects and cockroach left for entire stay).

Friendly and helpfull staff. Lots of space in the room.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Pleasant stay at Toowong Central Motel
    • Studio Apartment

There is no lift and we found climbing the steps a bit much for our age and weight.

The price, comfort and size of the room and its furnishings, position near everything at Toowong, friendliness of staff. Both fellows offered to carry our luggage on arrival and departure, because of the steps.

Convenient spot
    • Family Studio

The room could do with a small makeover.

The property was conveniently located within walking distance to Toowong Shopping Village and restaurants and train station.

Will stay again when next in the area.
    • Studio Apartment

Friendly manager. Although I arrived after reception had closed, and left the following day before reception opened, the communication with the manager was very good. Room was large and comfortable. Although an older style motel it was well maintained and clean.

• Studio Apartment

It was quite noisy, and my room didn't get serviced so no clean towels and tea coffee etc wasn't replenished. Pillows very uncomfortable

The he location is very good to the shops and Brisbane river. Manager was very nice. The rooms were clean. It was good value for money and I would stay again if needed

A family health emergency meant I had to stay at short...
    • Studio Apartment

For such a large room, the bathroom was quite small.

A family health emergency meant I had to stay at short notice. I needed to be close to a train line and easy food options, and this property fitted the bill. The manager didn't make me feel like I was troubling him with my late check-in, or need to leave my car for a few hours after checking out.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Outdoor areas attached to the room were spacious very clean...
    • Family Studio

Everything we needed was perfectly adequate. Fridge needs defrosting as freezer space was limited.

Outdoor areas attached to the room were spacious very clean and visually appealing. Kitchen facilities were adequate to prepare meals. Everything was very clean.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Ease of access to public transport
    • Studio Apartment

Construction noise from across the road starting at around 7 but at least this meant I had a reliable alarm. It will be good when this new apartment building is finished.

The access to public transport to get to the CBD is great. 5 minutes walk to the express buss 444, city cat ferry terminal or the train station is very useful. I can leave my car in the covered carpark then use the cheap public transport to get to the site of the Festival. As well proximity to the local shopping village means getting a variety of food is easy. I have been staying at Toowong apartments at least 2 times a year for the last 6 - 7 years and it is great being remembered by the manager, Jack.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Stay here if you're after a noisy,stench filled room with a rude front attendant.
    • Economy Twin Room

The room smelled (I am a smoker and I could still smell a stench in the room) I am unsure if it was from the cupboards or pots, a rusty wet smell. After asking to be moved to another room as I was travelling by myself and noticed that there was only a privacy lock( the slip lock had been removed) I could see I was irritating the man behind the desk. I was not told either that the room had a daily cleaning service, and was quite surprised to see someone had come into my room and touched my things without my knowledge or consent. When I rang to ask man at desk, again he seemed annoyed that I was unable to see the non existing sign on the back of my door asking for no cleaning service that apparently I should have used. Would not stay here again.

I booked as there was a lovely little balcony, however I was not informed that there was construction across from me, and I had no privacy at all, no natural light either as there were only block out curtains, so I couldn't have a curtain closed allowing light and air,without letting every man across the street see into my room. Let alone the continuous noise.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

would try elsewhere.
    • Economy Twin Room

Neighbour was obviously a permanent and did what he liked without consideration of anyone else, very loud tv early hours of morning every day. Toilet brush was disgusting. Stayed for a week and sheets never got changed.

Only good thing is location.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Brilliant location for an overnight stay - attended an event at Suncorp Stadium

The bed was a bit firm for my liking and the building site across the road started pouring concrete at 6am.

10 minute walk to the train, Toowong Tower shopping centre and the City cat ferry was close by as well.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Would stay again

Nothing really

The continental breakfast was good value for $10 per head. The bed was really comfortable. We asked for a quiet room away from the road and were given one.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Clean, friendly and great position!
    • Family Studio

The Air con needs a clean-it really smelt funny when it was on (rm 28)

An older property, but very clean floors and. Athroom, which is a big deal with us!

Rude management & lack of privacy.
    • Studio Apartment

German cockroaches in bathroom. 9 in one night - alive! Cleaning staff not always respectful - too often there but forgetful - missed coffee n tea or tea towels or bath towels or toilet paper when running out of it. Sometimes felt I was in their way. Didn't want to leave all the time to avoid them. Cleaning staff walked in when I was toileting and another time when showering! (Ironically to change shower curtain which she did anyway though I said I was showering and wore just a towel! Desk staff, except Jeff, really really rude! They had me in tears at front desk and all cleaners saw me as the five of them walked past! Committed to a room then changed mind after I went out to buy food and came back. Too many flights of stairs with a pram and toddler. Only offered suitcase porter help at end of stay though saw me struggle going up their office stairs. Have to go through breaky room and office to get to room. Too critical and personal with me as a person. I feel thoroughly attacked and invaded! (Not like a guest). I was positive to desk n staff n cleaners. Really disappointed. Old decor like Benson at Toowong that I'm not enjoying now. Shame with Toowong Central cos a love building n room. Jack and his mum (management) also quite stuck up and distant (unfriendly and rude). Talked about my finances and discriminated my situation. Very noisy out window - construction beginning at 5/6 or doing night (roadworks). If open blinds, workmen can see right in!! Party next door motel room despite motel's rule against any party! Motel not able to be contacted so I rang police. Motel had emergency number I was to call but I deemed it not an emergency! I was there 4 weeks and they threatened me to call police because I was behind one night. Intimidated me. I said they should appreciate a guest who jus gave them $3500!!

Pleasant sunny aired room. Happy room. Good space and size.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Convenient for a 1 night stay close to city and Wesley Hospital
    • Studio Apartment

On a corner, so lots of traffic noise. Room was under the car park exit so noisy when grid gate went up/down.

close to restaurants and shops, good size rooms old style. On very noisy street and building being constructed opposite, good parking underneath.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

A simple motel (with cooking facilities) but very comfortable and economical.
    • Studio Apartment

There is no lift at all. There should be one, at least, to carry heavy luggage. We needed to carry the luggage up a flight of stairs from the pavement to the front office, then another flight to our room on the second storey.

Cooking facilities were provided so that we could cook a simple meal at those times when we did not feel like eating out which is quite expensive in Brisbane. Plenty of electric power sockets in the spacious room. Each room has a balcony for smoking and drying clothes.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Practicality and central, value for money, fitted our needs,
    • Economy Twin Room

Bed wasn't as good as mine, no light or fed side table next to my bed, building works outside our unit

Practicality and central, value for money, fitted our needs,

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Convenient location but dated
    • Family Studio

Very noisy and woken up at 5:30 by next door running water as pipes so loud, and then at 6am with loud construction outside room. Bed blankets did not look clean. Room looked like it was from the 1970s.

Location was close to shopping center and restaurants. Good kitchen facilities in room.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Stayed here twice now & will definitely be staying again
    • Family Studio

Shower dripping through the night.

Lovely & clean, friendly staff & in close proximity to the Wesley Hospital for our early morning appointments.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Will be back
    • Studio Apartment

Massive construction just outside my window started early in the morning. Not the fault of the hotel just bad timing.

Very cooperative concerning my late arrival. Nice to have the Regatta Boatshed Restaurant just around the corner.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

good value location for city stay
    • Family Studio

Not great for people with mobility issues as all rooms are up 1 or 2 flights of steps and there is no lift access. Cutlery, crockery etc in the rooms is only just adequate. Room decor is a bit dated and could do with a makeover

Location very convenient with access to major shopping centre and train, buses and city cat all within easy walk. Rooms were spacious enough for our extended night stay and represented good value for money for the location

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

I was visiting nearby for knee surgery and couldn't stay...
    • Studio Apartment

I was visiting nearby for knee surgery and couldn't stay after the op as I needed to climb 2 flights of stairs.my daughter took me somewhere else.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Wonderful place to stay
    • Family Studio

The only problem was the stairs to get to the rooms but that can't be helped.

The staff were lovely & very welcoming. There's free wifi (we've been to major Hoyle that don't even offer free wifi so this was great). A small shopping centre is nearby with a good range of restaurants with in walking distance and a major shopping centre is only 10min drive away. The room was well equipped & very roomy- was wonderful to have a small kitchenette (there was a hot plate/toaster/kettle, cupboard full of pots/pans/plates/bowls/etc). Was great to have a couch to sit on at the end of the day, a small dining table & there was even a small balcony which also had a table & chairs. The beds were comfy & everything was clean. Was great to have our car under cover & parking was free!

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Perfect location for UQ
    • Studio Apartment

There is a lot of new development in the area. Nothing the hotel can do about it but worth mentioning.

I stayed for 2 weeks and thought of this place like home. Very friendly and accommodating staff and always clean and tidy. Great parking and internet access. Location is spot on for traveling to UQ and there is all you need close by. Would happily return.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

GREAT LOCATION
    • Family Studio

Our room was a bit noisy - faced onto busy road.

So handy to everything - groceries, transport, shopping at Toowong Central and easy parking. Self-contained unit had everything you need for short stay.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

It was very handy to be right next to Toowong railway...
    • Studio Apartment

It was quite noisy at night with traffic from the road outside and it was quite expensive.

It was very handy to be right next to Toowong railway station and the shopping centre. It was very clean and spacious.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Comfortable
    • Studio Apartment

Nothing we don't like about.

Location within driving distance to UQ where our Son is studying and the apartment in St. Lucia where he is staying. Also close proximity to Toowong Village and Indooroopilly where foods are available. Staff at the motel are friendly and courteous.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Perfect location with free parking.
    • Studio Apartment

Construction and traffic noise was a bit hard to get used to. The former will end but traffic will remain.

Beautifully clean, fine bed linen, changed daily. Tea, milk & coffee replenished daily. Free car parking. Very handy to shops and restaurants.

A good place for a break
    • Economy Twin Room

We found going up and down the stairs a bit of a nuisance.

We could not fault this accommodation. Everything was just as we wanted. The room was great and the location was good

Toowong Central - clean appartment - handy location.
    • Studio Apartment

Road noise. Exposed sharp corner of range hood - injury hazard. Hard pillows. Bathroom door kept getting stuck. No lift.

Handy to shops, restaurants etc. Good shower.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Great location but disappointed with everything else.
    • Economy Twin Room

The place is tired- a tap was running continuously in the bathroom, carpet felt sticky/ dirty. I initially booked in for 3 nights only, but ended up having to stay over a week. despite in the end being in the place for 10 days, I was told I had to be charged at the daily rate and could not be allowed the significantly lower weekly rate. Also, even though I booked in as a solo traveller, the room was a double, so I was required to pay for two breakfasts each day even though I was there alone. At the end I felt like I had been charged the maximum that could be squeezed out of me for what was a tired room. I won't be going back

The location was very convenient

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Clean and basic accommodation
    • Studio Apartment

Breakfast at $10 - can't expect much at that price but really is as basic as can get. It works but just don't expect much.

Its quite basic but absolutely clean. Good location to central Toowong. Staff were courteous and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Spacious apartment 2 minutes walk from everything you'd need
    • Studio Apartment

When I asked for my room to be made up, I was disappointed that all of the toiletries weren't replaced (e.g., shower cap, shampoo etc.)

The place is located so close to everything, including public transport it made the stay very enjoyable. There was also plenty of space in the room which made the room extremely comfortable

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Nice staff, convenient location for travel around the city
    • Studio Apartment

All the required accessories were available in the room, comfortable but not fancy.

Location is good close to the city, but the building is on a busy secondary road.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

It is so handy - to transport, to shops.
    • Studio Apartment

Some renovation especially of the bathroom would be good, and the TV is in a very awkward position for viewing from the bed. More space in general in the bathroom but especially for toiletries, and if guests want to rehang towels instead of getting new ones each day there really is not enough railing to hang them to dry. AND there was no hand towel at all.

It is so handy - to transport, to shops. The suite was very spacious, and the bed (including the pillows) really comfortable. It was good to have an outside balcony, even though we could not use it due to the noise and dust from construction work across the road (out of the control of the property's management). Front desk staff were very obliging and parking was good. AND it is really good value for money, depite its shortcomings.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

Location was great.
    • Family Studio

Room is looking a bit worse for wear in some areas. No soap holder in shower recess. Patch up paint jobs done but not in same colour. Just looks worn.

Location was great.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

The room was spacious and bed was comfy.
    • Studio Apartment

The shower head broke on us and bathroom door wouldn't slide properly.

The room was spacious and bed was comfy.Location good and handy to shopping centre etc.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

Facilty is very good.
    • Studio Apartment

Booking.com confused my booking change request and I ended up paying for 6 nights and could only stay 3. A little tolerance and efficiency would have saved me several hundred $$$$$.

I confused the departure date, and a nice female staff member packed up my stuff and treated me kindly when I finally turned up to move out.

Too much traffic noise

Too much traffic noise

It was very noisy.
    • Studio Apartment

It was very noisy. Alot of street noise and very little sound proofing between rooms.

Old and tired

nice

the coffee is crap

spacious room & fast internet

Good location, close to Toowong Village (with shops and restaurants), close to the city. OK value.
    • Family Studio

Cleaner room. Better WiFi.

Good location.

New bathroom

Good location. Central in Toowong. Easy to get to train station and Toowong central

It was wonderful.