Reviews of Travelodge Hotel Bankstown Sydney 4 stars

Cnr Mona Street & Greenfield Parade, 2200 Bankstown, Australia

#4 of 14 hotels in Bankstown

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

As always good value for money
    • Standard Room Twin or King

I got an upgrade to a higher floor, but the room was first in the corridor and by the lift but was not bad at all noise wise, but the air con in the room was noisy at certain times couldn’t work it out. Also a beautiful coffee maker with complementary coffee pods, but discovered that none of the cups or glasses would fit in the machine. I am sure some one would have sent up appropriate cups but as I was up and leaving at 5.30 am had no time to wait.

Love the locality of this hotel and free parking

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Great location!
    • Standard Queen Room

That there’s no room service for food.

Great location! And so many awesome things to do in the sports club and beautiful restaurants!! It’s our favourite local hotel!!

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Bed was comfortable, unit was clean and quiet.
    • Standard Queen Room

Only negative was the pillows... odd , they seemed full but would compress to being very hard after laying down after a minute. Not comfy.

Bed was comfortable, unit was clean and quiet. Free parking. We had a good time at the club and a very good dinner.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

• Standard Queen Room

had to walk through the club with our luggage from the car park

Room was comfortable, close to train station, lots of choice for food and beverages. Overall excellent place to stay

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

This is a very good venue and accommodation hub
    • Standard Queen Room

Only one extra pillow. No shampoo or shower cap in bathroom . Coffee cups too big for in room coffee machine. Bath towels could have been larger.

Comfortable and quiet room

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

The facilities were great.
    • Standard Queen Room

The bathroom was a bit small

The facilities were great. The food was good and ok value. My son loved the kids jungle playground ( it does cost money though)

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Need improvement
    • Standard Queen Room

The hotel was dirty had dust all on the walls and bed sheets were not clean, toilet had hair on the sink and wasn’t cleaned properly before entering.staff were informed didn’t really care just said they will do it but I think they should of offered us a different room cleaner and more fresh .the toilet door knob was falling off reported to reception stated don’t worry . Unbelievable service totally lazy staff

The club is awesome and food is amazing

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

I had a really good time there the staff were friendly the accomodation was great
    • Standard Queen Room

I played the pokies down stairs and lost my money 😊😊😊😊. We know the golden rule only spend what you took to play with and not spend extra . Some of the other guests down stairs playing the pokies were a bit rude how they barged past you and never used manners

Everything about it was great. The only things I could say I didn’t like was the pizzas and the Chinese restaurant was a bit pricey. Also one of the other guests were very noisey and talked very loud like they were in your room but we rang the desk up and they sorted the problem out but it was nice

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

A fabulous stay where we could relax and bring family to join us for entertainment and restaurants.
    • Standard Queen Room

Our room on the second visit was very small for two people with a bathroom that was way too small but it wasn't a huge issue for us.

We loved our stay at the Travelodge Bankstown. The hotel has so much to offer for guests and we loved the Monkey Mania facilities for children, what a super place to take grandchildren. The entertainment is just amazing with variety for all and so much to choose from when looking for food. An excellent hotel experience, Thankyou.

Accomodation For Two - Reasonable Price
    • Executive Room Twin or King

Crowded, lifts problems, tooth brush and tooth paste not provided.

Restaurants, cinema, wide variety food choices, coffee shops, accomodation in one building.

Great room, facilitie s and staff but a nightmare to access if you've never been there before!
    • Standard Room Twin or King

On booking it wasnt made clear that the Travelodge is inside the Bankstown Sports Club. I drove around searching for it. You park in the Clubs' carpark but then you have to drag bags through the length of the club! No signs to travelodge until right before it. A nightmare to find unless you are a club regular!

Comfortable bed Good restaurants

Good accopmodation.
    • Standard Queen Room

Direct lift from parking to accommodation.

Comfortable bed. good TV, clean, Poor parking experience and lack of entry from parking to room without going into sports club.

The Club and Hotel were awesome,nice feeling in Club...
    • Standard Queen Room

The Club and Hotel were awesome,nice feeling in Club especially when you walk in you are greeted with a refreshing fragrance.Great eateries and relaxing areas for a quiet beverage.Will be back.

facilty great but unlikely to recommend due to staff unfriendly at reception.
    • Standard Queen Room

Staff at check in didn't explain anything we had to ask how do we get to the car park how do we get from the car park to the room. There was a mix up with bedding configurations. Also our toilet door locked from the inside automatically and was very difficult to open same thing in my mother in laws room she couldn't access the toilet during the night as the door had locked from the inside she contacted staff at 2am in the morning to fix and they seemed to be very put out. The toilet door seem to be permanently in locked position.

The facilities variety of places to eat and drink were great and priced well.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Awesome stay, friendly staff
    • Standard Queen Room

From before we checked in when we made contact with the hotel as we had a group booking, any question we had was answered not long after to the time we checked in was made so easy. Rooms are comfortable and surrounded by restaurants and coffee places which were open until very late. Great location, it's my 2nd time back and I know I will be back again.

Nice rooms, basic clean and comfortable
    • Standard Room Twin or King

Finding your way in isn't very clear, is it part of the club or isn't it?where do you park ? Better signage required

Nice rooms, basic clean and comfortable

very convenient location with spacious modern and clean room , well priced
    • Standard Queen Room

Though working , couldn*t get air conditioner to heat up room

Had stayed previously , close to bankstown centre and facilities in adjoining downstairs club , spacious room and well priced , ( had it a balcony would have been an extra plus )

Stayed there only because I was attending a 3 day event at...
    • Standard Queen Room

rooms are quite noisy, with thin doors so you can hear everything in the corridor, and noise from the sports club downstairs via the windows.

Stayed there only because I was attending a 3 day event at the facilities. Was initially allocated an access room, which the staff then changed for me as I didn't require it. Convenient for the event I was attending. Room was very clean.

Beds were comfortable.
    • Standard Room Twin or King

Our group of work collegues booked 4 rooms online. We were given the choice of a king bed or 2 doubles. We all booked twin rooms because the photos showed 2 double beds. None of our rooms had twin beds. Some of the rooms only had one double bed not a king. Also there was a mix up with breakfast that we paid for. Reception staff seemed a little disorganised.

Beds were comfortable. Rooms were clean.

Excellent and can't wait to my next stay.
    • Standard Room Twin or King

Nothing... Everything was Excellent and met my needs during my stay.

Comfy Bed Lovely Staff Great Room Great Location close to Transport and local Shops. Very convenient.😀

Loved it!
    • Standard Room Twin or King

Wifi was a bit sketchy throughout the complex, but it was free.

Amazing hotel. We stayed for a poker tournament in the club, and couldn't have picked a better location. Would definitely stay here again

Baby cot nicely arranged and extending a night with the...
    • Executive Room Twin or King

Some episodes with the next door at 2am and needed to contact the front desk. Wish they had better CCTV installed and monitored all floors. Coffee machine wasn't working properly.

Baby cot nicely arranged and extending a night with the front desk was easy and quick. Friendly staff.

not pleasant at all
    • Standard Queen Room

Didnt like the fact the pillows were cheap, no spare blankets as room was very cold had to use the towel for extra warmth, no water in fridge, and no hand or facewahers for shower

The TV

Great fertilitys, every thing is in the one place.
    • Standard Queen Room

The beds are to hard and parking can be a nightmare, you have to park to far away from the lift and carry your bags so far.

Great fertilitys, every thing is in the one place.

Creative notes and humorous hotel instructions cheer you up...

No gym facility at all although it is right next to Bankstown “Sports.”

Creative notes and humorous hotel instructions cheer you up from the beginning of the day. Room is clean and modern. Microwave in the room is very handy.

Amazing setting, atrium, bars and restaurants.
    • Standard Room Twin or King

We booked two rooms on booking.com at the same time and ended up on two seperate floors. This was a problem because door keys were used to activate the lift, and my colleague couldn’t get to my floor.

Amazing setting, atrium, bars and restaurants.

Excellent hotel!!
    • Standard Queen Room

The hotel staff went above and beyond to make my father’s 60th birthday amazing and memorable - they even bought up a cake and wine to the room to help celebrate. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. Great location with easy access to a variety of restaurants/ cafes and bars. The noise in the rooms was very minimal considering being connected to the leaves club. Plenty of free car parking for guests.

5.5
    Very dissappointing
    • Standard Room Twin or King

My booking was made at a reduced price and the service matched. My room was not serviced except for replacement of a towel and to wash dishes (3) the same day the towel was replaced. My stay was 3 nights and for 2 nights I slept intermittently as my neighbors were extremely noisy arriving at close to midnight. The Bathroom could do with a good scrub. The 2 bins in the room were not emptied the whole time I was there. Most unsatisfactory.

The Kitchenette although no toaster.

BRAND NEW HOTEL BRILLIANT
    • Standard Queen Room

This is a brand new property just recently built. It exceeds any other Travelodge. It is beautifully appointed, with all the bells and whistles, and everything you would want and expect in a hotel room. The staff are fantastic and are welcoming, and the restaurants downstairs are great, it is also very close to public transport. Just a lovely place to stay.

Great location and facilities pity the reception staff weren't as good.....
    • Standard Room Twin or King

The travel Lodge staff were OK but not that helpful, Especially when I left my medication behind and only realised when I was 200km away. I offered to pay for a courier to pick it up but there was no effort to locate it even though it was left in the room fridge. The reception staff kept telling me that they had to wait to hear from the cleaning staff to come back to them instead of going to the room to check. I ended up going to a doctor to get more medication which is quite costly when your not from Australia.

On site facilities were good, plenty of restaurants to choose from.

Very disappointed as it is close to my mother's nursing home & I would have been a frequent visitor
    • Standard Queen Room

That I had to walk past poker machines Etc to get to the hotel checkin. The unclean state of the room Managers shrugging when I ask for a cleaner or a clean room

My room was very unclean. I went out and bought my own cleaning supplies! I stayed for two nights and fortunately the cleaner did a nice job and even mopped the bathroom floor (you could tell). Never again.

Great value for longer stay.
    • Standard Queen Room

High standards of comfort, cleanliness ,service and convenience. I was there seventeen nights. I booked well in advance and got the lower rate /no refund deal, so terrific value.

Food good in the Club
    • Standard Room Twin or King

We got the wrong rooms issued on arrival.Not interconnecting rooms for the family we had booked months prior.The Aircon in the other room was playing up and the room was stuffy through the night so made it uncomfortable.

Food good in the Club

Overall the hotel is very good and the cafes and restaurants within have great options.
    • Standard Queen Room

Breakfast Buffet at the Greenfield did not have a lot of variety compared to other hotels so not sure if that is Sydney thing. The exhaust in the bathroom was on 24/7 which was quite annoying. Did not have a site map to promote where everything was within the complex

Great location with shops and train around the corner. Getting in and out of the place is very good. The place has a few food outlets and they are excellent. Rooms were well presented. very private and Secure

Downstairs restaurants were fantastic and easily accessible
    • Standard Queen Room

The bathroom could have been cleaner and when our room was made up everyday we still had rubbish in the room and the bathroom wasn’t cleaned. Then fridge needed some snack options ours was empty. No toothbrush accessibility or toothpaste was also bad.

Downstairs restaurants were fantastic and easily accessible

I like it here
    • Standard Queen Room

The key to my room was changed after the 1st night. Couldn’t get in to my room and had to wait for someone to bring me the new key.

The convenience of everything

Room great - check in experience poor
    • Standard Queen Room

The gentleman at reception at check in couldn't have been less helpful. We had to ask how to get to the lifts to access our room (not as easy as it sounds when it's the first time to the club/hotel) and ask him to explain how the guest membership and parking at the club worked. The gentleman wouldn't have provided these details without prompting. Even then the responses were cursory and unhelpful. Not what you'd expect, especially when the Reception was empty, nor what we've experienced in the past from Travelodge staff.

The affiliation with the Sports Club and its facilities was a real bonus. Rooms were spacious and clean. Check out was quick and courteous.

Unhappy, very unhappy
    • Standard Queen Room

The fact that someone stuffed up when I booked my accommodation. In the app I had written in the amount of ppl that I wanted to book for 3 adults and 1 16 year old. I had 2 suggestions in which I picked the Travelodge one and I had also stated the amount of guests in the additional information section. I get there only to find out that the room only accommodated for 2 people and when I had told this to reception, they had advised me that the room reservation was for only 2 people and that they didn’t have any other rooms or portable beds. Being there was 3 major concerts in Sydney that weekend, we could not find any other accomodation and 2 of my guests had to sleep on the floor for 2 nights. Paying over $600 for the 2 nights, I was very ticked off and will never use this option ever again 😡😡

Excellent location.
    • Standard Queen Room

Excellent location. Hotel was near a sportsclub and train station, so perfect for travellers. The room had an excellent temperature control system and appropriate size. Bathroom was clean. They had utensils, mini fridge, coffee & tea, coffee maker, iron for clothes, hair drier, money safe chest, and a sofa bed. The electric outlets have usb ports in them so no need to pull out your entire charger.

Apart from staff a big let down from last year. Your hotel seems to have a few problems.
    • Standard Queen Room

TV not working when arrived. Your employee fixed. TV difficult as went off again and sound only. Fridge did not seem to work properly as did not seem to keep things chilled. Had to request extra soap etc, as insufficient in room. No hotel or tourist type info in room.

Bed comfortable. Dinning for breakfast and dinner fine.

I enjoyed the atmosphere of the sports club attached to the...
    • Standard Queen Room

I enjoyed the atmosphere of the sports club attached to the accommodation and choice of facilities available and not having to leave to get all my needs met.

Not my style, busy and noisey, staff treat you like a number,
    • Standard Room Twin or King

Stingy with regards to coffee and milk Not friendly Not good for people wanting to have a relaxing experience good for gamblers and night life seekers.

View from window

Expensive, expensive, expensive & now we are broke 😱
    • Standard Queen Room

The price!! For what ever reason the price of the room per night was very expensive. We have stayed here 3 times before at an average cost of $129 a night, this time it was $229.. so $687 for 3 nights at Bankstown!!

That is very central & everything under one roof

A lovely relaxing stay, made all the more pleasant by happy helpful staff!
    • Standard Room Twin or King

The staff were extremely helpful and the room was excellent. It was beautifully laid out and very spacious with everything I needed. Plus it was very clean and well maintained. There were restaurants in the complex and the food was delicious!

We celebrate with my husband 30th anniversary...special night for us...
    • Standard Queen Room

Nothing in the fridge, any complementary like a coffe o beverage o something extra for the club....the hotel is not really cheap

Like that is inside the Club and breakfast very complete

Get an evacuation plan for guests that doesn't involve walking through licensed prremises.
    • Executive Room Twin or King

Poor accessibility with a very long distance to move between car park/reception and the lifts to rooms. False alarm evacuation with ZERO instructions or assistance, which was requested in case of emergency, and having to walk through the club and poker machines in pajamas with a child, was not an experience I wish to repeat. Get a disaster management plan and SIGNPOST the corridors with visible instructions in the event of evacuations. My teenage son had to find a way out for everyone on our floor. A disabled person doing seven plus floors of stairs in the middle of the night and having to manage blood sugars for two people for two hours afterward was less than ideal.

Clean and tidy, well kept.

You can find much better...
    • Standard Queen Room

Young staff man seemed fijian or similar was rude and unhelpful. Air conditioning was not doing its job, was a very hot day and we were put on the sunny side,,,

Location, cleanliness.

Place itself was excellent although it is 30 minutes away from Sydney by train.
    • Standard Queen Room

Location. I hadn't realised it was half an hour away from Central Station on the train. Also, perhaps put some signs up at Bankstown station for people arriving to direct them to hotel, I manged to get slightly lost when I arrived at first.

Choice of restaurants and cafes was excellent. Very cheap beer prices too (compared to rest of the country!). Nice area outside (in the middle) to sit and relax. Room was perfectly fine although safe didn't work in mine.

Good central location at a very good price, situated within a mini-casino like complex.
    • Standard Queen Room

Room not serviced on second day, no toaster in room, vent in the roof near the door noisy.

Location reasonably good, lots of food choices in the lower level of the complex, bed not bad.

Great motel..great price..great staff..could have stayed a week!
    • Standard Room Twin or King

Could have done with a map showing the layout of the restaurants and perhaps a bit of a description about them....very minor point!

Well priced...lots of resturants...very friendly staff

I will never go back
    • Standard Room Twin or King

I was very disappointed 😔 from the security up there every time I go to my room they ask me for ID or membership card felt like I’m in prison I want go there’ anymore

Great value for money! :)
    • Standard Room Twin or King

The only thing missing at this hotel is a pool!

Beds were comfy, room was clean and spacious and there were a lot of different eating places within Bankstown sports centre.

We had a wonderful time
    • Standard Queen Room

The hard mattresses had a wonderful time

The central location to transport and connection to bankstown sports club ,good restaurants and shopping centre

Customer Service needs an overhaul
    • Standard Queen Room

Staff are extremely rude and inconsistent with their rules. We were travelling with colleagues under and over 18 years of age. When staff who were under 18 were escorted by over 18 staff, they were pulled up by security. Our staff were extremely responsible, not running around the hotel like 10 year olds, so we are unsure of what the issue was here. On this basis of mistrust by the hotel staff, we will not be recommending this hotel or staying here again.

Great location, comfortable rooms.
    • Standard Queen Room

I couldn’t open my bathroom door it locked itself from the inside, had to go down to reception at 5 in the morning and they gave me the inside of a pen to unlock it!!

Great location, comfortable rooms.

Sure the air con problem was a once off so would stay again.
    • Standard Room Twin or King

Great facility but lacking a pool. Unfortunately when we noticed the air conditioning wasn't working, it was so late that we just wanted to go to sleep. The staff apologised but it was a hot night's sleep.

Amazing facility with great restaurants and places to sit and eat.

Perfect for my needs

The TV was pretty basic in the Bedroom

The complex was amazing, just like a small town. I know there were hundreds of people at the event i attended but the location was so spacious so didn't feel crowded at all

Clean but tight.
    • Standard Queen Room

The air conditioner was so loud it was like listening to a toilet flush all night. There was no shower cap provided. There was nothing in the lift to indicate that you needed to scan your card or indeed where to do so leading to a lot of stepping in and out of the lift and trying to get our floor to register. The room was very small for the price and the TV was tucked into a corner where we both had to sit on one side of the bed to view it properly. There was no lounge nor was there space for one.

The staff at reception were great. The room was very clean.

Will come back
    • Executive Queen Room

It took 45-50mins by train to Sydney CBD, wouldn’t recommend if you don’t have car but wants to discover the city a lot.

Room is spacious, good locations with train station 3 mins away and a lot of restaurants around, didn’t expect the hotel to be inside the BankstownSport venue which includes small casino, pubs and several restaurants, very convenient. Most important is free parking with plenty of spots.

So so
    • Standard Queen Room

I paid in full amount when I booked the rooms. But before Christmas my parents were not going, I tried to find out if I could get full or partial refund but unfortunately not. But from my point of view, Christmas Day they were fully booked, why can’t they put the other customers who need the room in waiting list then contact me and arrange my refund? Another suggestion is, refund me half and sell the room again, they still make money and even more. When I checked in, I was never asked where the other customers are or if I still need another room I already paid for, just wonder if they resold it. One more interesting thing, u can never seen anyone behind the counter , but once u walked in,someone will come out from a little room, is that somewhere the staff can sit down to play on their phone?

Convenient location as it’s in bankstown sports

Fantastic facilities at Bankstown sports to complement the accommodation & vica versa
    • Standard Queen Room

Breakfast - didn’t seem to be very organised. 8am & had to ask for milk. Butter was so hard it ripped the bread apart & just not the best setup. Nothing overly bad just room for improvement

Air con worked well. Most of the time Air Cons don’t cool enough but this one was great

• Standard Room Twin or King

The master switch for power could have been labelled as it's different to other accommodation places (ie it's not the key in the slot type) & so one did not know what to look for to get the power working (especially for those who arrived at night to a dark room)

The room was a good size. Bed was comfy. Room was very clean. Staff were friendly. The Sport's Club features were amazing - so many eateries right on the doorstep. Close to train, shops, etc. Very convenient.

Room was excellent - clean, comfortable and quiet
    • Standard Queen Room

When I checked in I had to ask where to go to get to the rooms, even though he knew I had not been there before as he had just asked. And his explanation was not clear. The staff at the front varied from snobby to very helpful. No business centre for photocopying or printing - the gentleman at the travelodge counter did photocopy some sheets for me though.

Room was excellent - clean, comfortable and quiet

Good stay and would use again

Nothing to mention

The hotel is attached to the Bankstown Sports club which is a fantastic establishment. Great choice of restaurants and, gambling if you wants. Several bars also. The ability to charge back to your room is very handy.

Awesome!!
    • Standard Queen Room

My partner and I have stayed here quite a few times now. Staff are always awesome & go above & beyond to make sure we enjoy our stay. We always have such an amazing time! Recommend 10/10!!

Asked for coffee pods.
    • Standard Room Twin or King

Asked for coffee pods. Told I use 2 pods per coffee. Requested I have more pods than beans but only got 2. Considering I've stayed at the hotel a few times and for a number if days I found them to be a little tight with the coffee pods etc.

A pleasant stay but a very busy environment.
    • Standard Queen Room

The whole ordeal of carting our luggage through the massive carpark, into one elevator, then through the foyer of the club into another elevator.

Choice of restaurants close by, rooms were spacious and very quiet.

Anand Ramalingam from India, Tamilnadu

Nothing else

Clean, bigger space, safe and calm atmosphere. Nearby to Bankstown train station. Presence of sports club. Friendly staff. Would recommend for couples and families. Sure will enjoy the stay. 40 min travel to Sydney city via train. Good connectivity thru train

Fancy place, very clean, very Vegas style
    • Standard Queen Room

Separate elevator for hotel vs. Parking structure. Getting the third degree from the Sports area when you are just a Travelodge guest and trying to go to the elevator.

Very fancy hotel for the price...since its connected to a sports gaming place it has a lot going on...

Serves a purpose.
    • Standard Queen Room

A few occasions we found restaurant staff to be unaccommodating and rude. For eg: My brother is lactose intolerant and asked for no cheese in his burger. The person serving him said they don't do alterations. He had to argue just to get them not to put the cheese in. I had no words for this type of stupidity. I have numerous examples of extremely bad customer service but I won't rant. We had a good laugh about it.

It serves as a good venue and facility for large groups. Had a wonderful family meal at Lucky Chen's. Staff were great. There are some lovely areas for dining and drinking...and some not so lovely but lots of variety to choose from.

We were there for a wedding and had a great time.
    • Standard Queen Room

Some of the staff were rude at times in the casino, not the travelodge staff who were lovely.

Loved the restaurants and bars. A nice ambiance and feel to the place.

There is nothing for me to like.
    • Standard Room Twin or King

on comments clearly told hotel have twin bed. However after check in which is 3 pm. They told us no twin bed need to wait for another half hour. Only have one sofa bed and one queen. This is awful.

There is nothing for me to like.

Poor
    • Executive Queen Room

The aircon in my room was not functioning, the control panel was flashing with "needs service" clearly the room was not checked for suitability to let before they took my money. Told reception, response- no maintenance available we will send up a fan, returned to my room after dinner to a $20 Bunnings fan and a hot room. Moved to another hotel and lost my money on Quest, as a business traveller I'm in hotels 60 nights per year at least, first and last at Quest.

The location is excellent as is the ease of access to the property.

Unfortunately the door entrance staff were unfriendly and unhelpful
    • Standard Queen Room

We had family on lower floors but the key only lets you take the lift to one floor making it difficult to visit family

The venue had lots of restaurants, bars and cafes

Was there for business good central location for me.
    • Standard Queen Room

I needed to change my booking and I made a mistake when booking in that I couldn't cancel or change without paying the full amount.

Coffee was fabulous.