Reviews of Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde Sydney 4 stars

81 Talavera Road, North Ryde, North Ryde, 2113 Sydney, Australia

#197 of 316 hotels in Sydney

Location and clean room.
    • Guest Queen Room

The hotel is undergoing a renovation. The signs say work is conducted 9-5, Mon to Sat. But on Saturday they started just after 7 and then they did it again on Sunday. So both mornings our sleep was disrupted. I am sure it will be better when it is complete but we were in the room adjacent to where the work was happening.

Location and clean room.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Room facilities and crockery and microwave.
    • Guest King or Twin Room

Room service menu. The 'hip' room guide had to be read several time to find normally listed information. Perhaps I'm not very hip.

Room facilities and crockery and microwave. Good for takeaway meals. Decor is refreshing. Access to Macquarie University..a great place for a walk. 800m walk to Macquarie Centre.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Enjoyed our stay even with renovation work in progress
    • Guest Queen Room

Well laid out room, more spacious than we expected for the price. Great to have a kitchenette and seating area. The renovation work was well managed causing no disruption to our stay. Good value breakfast

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Everything was perfect, the room was so comfortable and...
    • Guest King or Twin Room

Everything was perfect, the room was so comfortable and clean with suitable facilities that we expect and need. I recommad it to every one, near the public trasportation just less than 5 min walk, close to maquarie shopping centre

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Suited us for one night only. Wouldn’t stay again unless using the Hospital.
    • Guest Queen Room

Food poor, waited very long time (an hour) after ordering, for dinner to arrive. No hand towels in bathroom. Smashed mirror in lift, very poor look.

Convenience to Hospital & shopping centre, plus parking although cost $15 per night

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Convenient and pleasant stay with very friendly staff.
    • Guest Queen Room

I missed the snacks and drinks in the room. The room was a little worn and run down but clean and the bed comfortable. The hotel is being renovated so I expect improvements in time.

The staff were friendly and accommodating. The property is a little run down but is being renovated and I am sure in time it will be a nice place to stay.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

So friendly and welcoming.
    • Guest King or Twin Room

Honestly couldn't fault it, everything was just perfect. Warm, friendly and welcoming reception

So friendly and welcoming. Clean, great breakfast, spacious room and most perfect location for a short stroll into the uni campus

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

OK place, hope the renovations improve the A/C.
    • Guest King or Twin Room

A/C doesn't work. Every roomI've stayed in at this place the A/C hasn't worked. Let's hope the renovations improve this.

Decent place, on the whole. Lovely staff.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Good Hotel
    • Guest Queen Room

The only issue was that the train line at the moment is having an upgrade so you have to use a bus between Macquarie Uni station and Epping .

Good hotel with friendly staff and good facilities

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

They need to change the way they book.
    • Guest King or Twin Room

They need to change the way they book. I wanted two singles instead I got a double bed. If you have to specify which beds you need in the comments then they advise people of this!

Bed comfy
    • Guest Queen Room

The noisy air conditioner Having to pay for parking. as we have stayed at your hotel 3 times this year wonder if it could be wavered for frequent guests?

Bed comfy

Excellent value for money
    • Guest Queen Room

No complaints, I was a very happy camper.

Very easy to find, very quiet and the staff were very friendly. Great buffet breakfast and the two ladies working in the kitchen area was so helpful and really made me feel at home. I will be back soon for another visit.

They always charge extra money.
    • Guest Queen Room

They always charge extra money. They are showing everything in the booking but then you reach their everything fake. They booked us for 5 people but then we reach there. they told we have only 2 people facility in the room. Why they book 5 people online if you didn’t have a facility. Then they offered me we can give you room but in double money. That is ridiculous service. I never choose again.

Overall happy with Hotel n would stay there again
    • Guest Queen Room

Pillows could have been better. No biscuits for cup of tea n milk not replaced

Windows that open. Thick curtains which kept out th light. Microwave in room.

To ensure that the actual room type booked is what the...
    • Guest King or Twin Room

To ensure that the actual room type booked is what the customer gets!! My daughter and I booked a room several months ago with seperate twin beds. On arrival we were told we had to have a double bed as the twin rooms were taken as they were busy due to the Pink concert... which is why we were there in the first place!! The receptionist offered to make up the sofa bed which we agreed. The sofa bed was very uncomfortable...i wouldnt even let my dog sleep in it....you could actually feel every spring and they put one flimsy blanket on it!!! We ended up having to share the double bed. Not happy and wouldn't stay there again.

Cleanliness and location a bit and nothing else.
    • Guest Queen Room

No facilities for guests at all. Breakfast menu is the same for everyday. No options! No water bottles for guests in room. No pick and drop facility Acc to price paid- Not worth It!

Cleanliness and location a bit and nothing else. Not a place for more than 2 days. Very dry and dull! More like a guest house.

Convenient location, friendly and efficient staff,...
    • Guest King or Twin Room

Just a little tired and therefore makes things like tiles in bathroom look a little aged and thus grubby ... yet they are not dirty at all.

Convenient location, friendly and efficient staff, comfortable room, good breakfast and easy parking.

The location to where we needed to be was great but needs attention to detail
    • Guest King or Twin Room

When we went down for dinner at 6.30pm chairs were upside down on the tables, food was not very hot. We ordered red wine and the glasses we were given were hot. There was a smell of oil in the reception area and near the lift.

We were satisfied as our needs were met.
    • Guest King or Twin Room

Car park was disappointing: $15 to park in open asphalted area was surprising and unexpected.

Room met our requirements; Would prefer more choice for evening meal but well presented and adequate; Furniture comfortable and sufficient for our needs; Enough space for floor exercises

Convenient but needs better cleaning and better buffet layout.
    • Guest King or Twin Room

The bathroom was not clean. There was dust and dirt around the skirting and the floor needed a good clean. The buffet was cramped and I ended up just having toast because of all the people cramming into a small space.

The bed was comfortable

Cannot recommend
    • Guest Queen Room

Bed was horrible. Pillows like sand (plastic) bags. Room very basic. Toilet, shower was old. Not impressed. Slept (or tried to) and left. Hotel needs overhaul of facilities.

Check in was quick. Water was hot.

Great location for a reasonable price
    • Guest King or Twin Room

Flat, hard pillows and uncomfortable mattress.

Great location, an easy walk to public transport and shopping. This hotel offers spacious rooms at very reasonable rates with easy parking. The shower is large and has good water pressure.

We were satisfied with the accommodation and would stay again.
    • Guest Queen Room

The air vent over the shower was filled with dust and the bathroom needed a good mop.

The room was a good size. Staff excellent,not far the shopping centre and great for visiting the hospital.

Comfortable and neat.
    • Guest Queen Room

Would of preferred a lamp on the bedside table rather than in the ceiling. Just having that light above my head made it uneasy to sleep. Lamp would of be great.

The location was great. Staff were welcoming and answered all my enquiries. Macquarie Shopping Center is also just down the road.

Rooms where modern, comfy and well equipped, location was...
    • Guest Queen Room

Rooms where modern, comfy and well equipped, location was central to where I wanted to go and check in staff where bubbly and friendly, definitely a positive stay

Great accommodation, close to the hospital, especially when you are worried about family in hospital
    • Guest Queen Room

I was in a room too close to the road. It was quite noisy. Next time I'll ask for a room round the back of the complex. Also the walls are a bit thin.

The proximity to the MU Hospital.

good

nothing really

it was nice but when i drop my ring and went to keep it up i saw rubbish under the bed and the bathroom could of been cleaned a but more then was a dead spider in the corner of the bathroom you see if when you on the loo. i'm not much of clean freak so it didn't really brother me. just things i saw. the blow dryer was the best most place they ain't good. this one worked well. i was happy with that.

Great location for accessing Macquarie Centre, Macquarie Uni...
    • Guest Queen Room

A variety of coffee sachets in room, but no teabags. A/Con is very noisy. Breakfast pricey for what it is.

Great location for accessing Macquarie Centre, Macquarie Uni etc. Good comfortable beds, all the basics needed for a business stay. Good sized rooms.

position is good for our requirements
    • Guest King or Twin Room

Thought parking was included as it was on our last stay. Didn't like having to haggle for parking. The smell of cooking from the kitchen permeates the entire building, especially Fried fish at night and bacon in the mornings

position is good for our requirements

Stay
    • Guest Queen Room

Needs an updated bathroom, door kept clicking every 15 minutes, too cluttered for size of room, draw should be labbelled as look like just front of cupboard

Proximity to hospital and staff

I would certainly recommend this motel to friends looking for accommodation in that part of Sydney.
    • Guest King or Twin Room

I booked two single beds and was disappointed to be allocated one double. The receptionist immediately moved us to another room - which met our needs.

Great location (just off the expressway), good parking, excellent facilities, clean, staff very prompt and helpful in fixing the one problem we had.

Happy with my stay apart from the issue with the bed
    • Guest King or Twin Room

I had requested twin beds when making the booking, however, this was not provided and we were told that we could not have the sofa bed made up as housekeeping would not be available until the next day and that it would incur an additional $40 charge.

Staff were friendly and check in was easy

Great location and staff
    • Guest Queen Room

More coffee and milk in the room would have been appreciated as the machine was broken

The location was great within easy access of the Macquarie shopping centre and the railway which was important to us. Info at the hotel was clear. We got to see our first live ice hockey game by chance at the shopping centre.

The room was only required to prevent a long day travel the...
    • Guest King or Twin Room

The convenience of the room to the foyer. I am concerned about the question regarding a romantic place to stay. That should have a Not Applicable option for selection. The booking page could have made it immediately known that parking incurred an extra fee.

The room was only required to prevent a long day travel the next morning. Arrival was after dark so the question about the view was irrelevant.

Never going back
    • Guest Queen Room

The bed was so hard I was unable to get any sleep. The parking fee was excessive and it wasn't mentioned in the booking the staff at the check in was unhelpful and never ask how my stay was how I found the hotel or how my stay with then was they didn't seem to care I was unable to get service with the restaurant when I went to get dinner totally unacceptable

Great location, Value for money.
    • Guest Queen Room

parking was included in my stay however there can be a $15 per day charge. Room service meals were basic and a little expensive.

Great location for University and Hospital users. Very comfortable and good value. Would use again. Travelodge is within walking distance of University and Hospital entrance, Easy access to M1 motorway and close to Macquarie shopping precinct.

A lovely place to stay, close to shops and access to the motorways to the city and west
    • Guest Queen Room

Extra care given to us by a senior kitchen staff member at breakfast to ensure we had all we needed, as there was a large tour group there at the same time

Staff very helpful to fullfill my request for moving us to 2...
    • Guest King or Twin Room

Staff very helpful to fullfill my request for moving us to 2 single bed as my booking request didn’t go through online. Also I needed extra pillows for my legs and they were happy to deliver them. Thanks.

Great for our Uni visit.

One of the beds had a wheel missing making it unstable. The air conditioner started to make a very loud rattling type noise after running for a while.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

Great stay with helpful staff.
    • Guest Queen Room

As we were flew into Sydney on the day of our mothers funeral, it was appreciated that the room was made available early to allow us to change and arrive at Macquarie Crematorium in time.

Great location to businesses, hospital and shopping centre.
    • Guest King or Twin Room

Our room was dirty (carpet, walls etc) very outdated decor. toilet flush buttons kept getting stuck and completely lifted off cistern. TV didnt work when we first arrived, maintenance had to fix.

Great location to businesses, hospital and shopping centre.

I could not recommend this motel.
    • Guest Queen Room

The air-conditioner was hopeless. Changing the settings made little to no difference. By the time you pay for breakfast and parking it is poor value for money.

The location was convenient for my needs

Convenient but not a good experiencew.
    • Guest Queen Room

Firstly, the day in Sydney was 38 degrees. The air conditioner in our room was next to useless. And there was only the bare minimum of inclusions (no shower cap for example). We had breakfast included in our rate; and we had family join us for breakfast as well. For the amount of money we paid, the breakfast was awful (things ran out and the selection wasn't very good - canned fruit and not fresh). Busloads of tourists descended on the breakfast area like swarming insects pushing and shoving. The coffee machine ran out; the pancake machine ran out. Just not a nice experience and we won't return.

Location for us was perfect.

Date stayed: Fri 6 April 18
    • Guest King or Twin Room

-Not advised that Medina guests are bussed in for breakfast -could not even get a coffee, let alone a table :-( How hard is it to tell Travelodge guests that at a certain time the breakfast will be super-busy because of the Medina guests? -Bathroom not clean -Bed wonky, like there was a leg missing :-(

Date stayed: Fri 6 April 18 -The kitchen staff (all 2 of them!) were awesome and apologetic but absolutely run off their feet :-(

Apart from the smell, the room was quite comfortable.
    • Guest King or Twin Room

There was, what appeared to be, a cooking smell which was quite strong and permeated the room which I found to be an offensive. I have not stayed there before so I don't know if this was a one off or if it is there all of the time.

Not the most pleasant of stays, particularly as the a/c did not work and it was quite hot.
    • Guest Queen Room

a/c filter not cleaned, a fan was provided as it was Easter with no help available. Credit card surcharge unavoidable and not mentioned in description. Breakfast adequate but why is it always scrambled eggs? Car park (outside) $15 per day, again not mentioned.

Staff pleasant and helpful.

Very good value for what you get .
    • Guest Queen Room

The only major gripe we had was the lack of a bath mat and hand towel. As we were only staying one night we did not enquire as to whether this was an oversight or if it is the norm for the hotel.The rooms could do with a little updating.

Our room was clean, quiet and very good value for money. The location was close to the University Hospital, however we were not disturbed by any traffic what so ever. It is also within easy walking distance to the Macquarie Shopping Centre. Parking at the hotel was a reasonable $15 per night.

Good accommodation when having to do at MQ university
    • Guest Queen Room

Sometimes noisy (groups arriving and leaving, trash collection in the middle of the night, ...)

Convenient when having to do at Macqurie University, small kitchenette with amicrowave oven but no other facilities (coffee maker etc)

Not enjoyable
    • Guest Queen Room

The bed was hard as a rock. There was hidden costs at every turn. I had paid a lot for the room already and had a sofa bed in it. I wanted to sleep on the sofa bed so we could have our own bed and to put sheets on it and use what was already there, we had to pay $40 per night!! It then said free parking when I booked in but we got charged $30 per night and then the parking was really far away from the hotel and we had to walk in the rain with our stuff. There were no tea bags, only 2 towels, no late checkout, the key didn’t work. It was all just annoying and expensive. I wouldn’t recommend it other than for location

I liked the close proximity to Macquarie University Hospital and the coffee machine.

Visiting family and friends.

No dislikes

All the staff were friendly and courteous. We were always greeted with a cheery smile. Easy access to transport. Shopping centre a short walk away.

Disappointing facilities. I wouldn't go back.
    • Guest King or Twin Room

Although we were warned that the kitchen wouldn't open at its advertised time of 6 pm, it was some time between 8 and 8.30 pm that it actually started serving meals. It would have been better if staff had been able to tell guests this at 6 pm. Instead they kept telling us 'it will open in another 30 minutes'. And there wasn't enough tonic water in the bar for us to have a G&T.

The staff was great, helpful and friendly. The location was good.

Fantabulous!! Will definitely stay there again.
    • Guest Queen Room

Huge bed & so comfortable! Very clean with large room & bathroom. I was upgraded immediately to a disability room without even asking. So - fantastic!!

Noisy with people still get in and out of the room until...
    • Guest Queen Room

Noisy with people still get in and out of the room until late night and the room next door keep making noises until very late. I ask for quiet room but they put me in the room on top of the area that cars come in to drop passengers. Lots of chinese came in as a group on that day too and i hear they were talking up until very late as the room was on second floor up from the reception area. Week days may be quieter.

Fine for singles, not good for families.
    • Guest King or Twin Room

Booking via Booking.com was mucked up. We booked and paid for 2 x Twin adjoining rooms. I called 2 days earlier to confirm the booking and reiterate my room needs - clearly I was ignored We were given 2 "queen" (smallest queen bed I've ever seen) rooms nowhere near each other. After about 30 minutes we arranged for our son to sleep on a "rollaway bed" The rollaway bed was the sofa bed in the room. The most uncomfortable, broken piece of furniture I have ever seen. Luckily he was only small and able to sleep once we flipped the mattress over. I challenge any member of staff or management to sleep on that sofa bed. During the evening there were loads of people arriving, appeared to be young students and teachers walking up and down the halls looking for their rooms and all speaking very loud and with no regard for anyone already in their room. Common courtesy would be nice. I had stayed at the Travelodge a number of times before but we won't be back again when visiting Sydney. Very disappointing.

Breakfast lady was very helpful and courteous.

Mixed feelings.
    • Guest King or Twin Room

Bathroom looked like it hadn't had a good clean for ages. Numerous hairs in the shower, a pet hate of mine. The floor was grubby in places.

Convenient location. Plenty of parking.

Budget Accommodation
    • Guest King or Twin Room

Air Conditioning was set to fan during the night. A lot of noise from overseas visitors. Garbage was picked up at 1:30am just oustide the window. No dinner, had to walk to shopping centre. Breakfast was extra and for $19 you don't get a lot of choice. I did have to phone reception for pillow slips as there were none on the bed. Then when I went to finalize account on departure they were going to charge for room service! Parking was extra of course.

Budget orientated, but If you need to stay near Macquarie Hospital, it is a very short walk. Rooms were a good size and the bed comfortable. Staff very friendly and obliging.

No tea or coffee sachets and no utensils, plates or bowls,...
    • Guest Queen Room

No tea or coffee sachets and no utensils, plates or bowls, although there was jug & microwave. Reception did provide on request, but this is tacky.

Great location, super comfortable bed and great staff
    • Guest King or Twin Room

We missed breakfast as we had leave at 5am and it looked fantastic!!! Next time we will make sure we are going to be there for breakfast!

Great room, great bed and super easy to find Hotel and easy to get directly back onto the freeway

if workers say they sorting it out they lying
    • Guest King or Twin Room

I don't like the uneducated staff at reception and the team that you get when trying to get a receipt for work purposes . Spoke to 3 different representatives and they continuously lied about sorting it out within 3 different days

Ideal for our needs to access Sydney locations, quiet and comfortable, great staff.
    • Guest King or Twin Room

It needs a major refit, the decor and rooms are looking a little worn and dated, still very serviceable and a great price for its location.

Good facilities, convenience to destinations in Sydney, quiet.

If the air conditioning is & a path to the carpark is completed & covered, then excellent!
    • Guest Queen Room

Ordinary parking with unfinished concrete pathway. The air-conditioning was not working properly and so the room was uncomfortably hot all night, leading to restless sleep.

Very convenient location.

In times of stress at hospital, much more pleasantness essential in lodgings.
    • Guest King or Twin Room

The property needs refurbishment. King Bed squashed into too small room. Strong odours in corridors - does not seem clean or cared for. Obvious lack of material maintenance - e.g. on third floor the floor coverings and tiles need serious work. Parking was expensive, and the slide/key to room for access had to be used in almost pitch dark at the boom gate at 9 p.m. Slide also needed for exit after check-out - what if I had disposed of it as I usually would do? No one advised need to retain. Very poor quality property overall, even considering the low price of the Travelodge.

Immediate access to Macquarie University Hospital. Simplicity of lifts.

Convenient location to Macquarie shops university and...
    • Guest Queen Room

Airconditioner old and noisy. Very noisy guests outside our window till 3.30 in the morning. We asked them politely to please move twice before they left!

Convenient location to Macquarie shops university and hospital Room was clean and adequate, bed comfy. Decore dated.

Came down for nephew's 60th birthday party.

No negatives.

Easy. efficient and cheery check-in (and check-out). Good access to car park. Any staff we came across seemed happy - must be a good place to work. Quiet room - no overnight noise.

Disgusting.
    • Guest King or Twin Room

The room was filthy. It had not been vacuumed there was still food on the floor, there was hair in my bed sheets, there was food left in the freezer, the bathroom floor didnt look like it had been swept let alone mopped. The tiles were falling off, it needs to be re-grouted, there was mould and mildew in the bathroom as well. The hallways smelt bad as did the kitchen when you walked by it. I would not recommend it to anyone.

Location great for the UNI and close transport to the city. Friendly helpful staff.
    • Guest King or Twin Room

Our room was located just above the delivery area and at times had trucks coming and going early in the morning and through the day and was a little unhappy when at 3.45am a truck came and left the truck running for over 15 minutes. They seemed to be a little under staffed as I had to ring to get fresh towels as no one come to check our room for a couple of days, they were very happy to help and were quick to supply us with what ever we needed.

The location was great, 5 to 10 minute walk to the shops and transport. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was a good size. Breakfast was a great start to the day and the staff very helpful if we required anything, they were quick to restock food and cutlery especially at peak times. Room service was handy when tired and the food was great.

Pleasant and relaxing.
    • Guest Queen Room

I noticed that when you were in the bathroom with the door shut,there was dust and dirt behind the door.

Room service was prompt and the accommodation itself was comfortable and up to date.

Was not impressed th
    • Guest King or Twin Room

The coffee machine did not work and pancake machine did not work eggs and bacon cold dry and there was not enough fresh fruit. No decaf tea or coffee no say or almond milk .

Did not to get to stay at the premises.
    • Guest King or Twin Room

The fact I was given a single bed room.

Nothing I was given a room with 1 bed instead of the room I booked with 2 beds, after checking back at the reception was informed that there was not a room with 2 beds available, so after hrs of travelling late at night I had to find new accommodation elsewhere very dissapointing at the outcome and would not recommend the hotel to anyone.

Disgusting over priced with staff who couldn't care less.
    • Guest King or Twin Room

This hotel advertises on the in room information that there is a credit charge surcharge of 1.5%. however, they do not state that if you wish to pay by American Express that the will charge you more than the 1.5%. This is miss leading information, which I raised last stay at this hotel and nothing has been don to rectify this situation. This visit I travelled with a business colleague, and concluded that both rooms were far from the cleaning standard which we have become used too! My colleague even had visits from cockroaches in the middle of the night......and no windows were open! Breakfast was absolutely appalling one morning, with no coffee beans in the machine, when I asked if it could be refilled, it took ages, then there were no mugs or cups, I asked for a mug and they brought out a tray of dirty coffee mugs? out of a dozen mugs I managed to find two that were reasonably clean! There was no juice or water in any of the dispensers. There was one staff member who just seemed to amble around collecting dishes with no concern for guests trying to get breakfast. Absolutely disgraceful! The room rate we where charged also escalated during the stay, from 152.00 per night to 224.00 per night? This hotel is definitely not worth 224.00 per night.

Pleasantly surprised
    • Guest Queen Room

Extra charge for parking and other options were very limited.

Reception staff were lovely. Cleaner and better managed than some of the other Travelodges I've stayed at. Great to have laundry facilities. Free popcorn at reception for my child.

Love the staff they go over and beyond for you .
    • Guest Queen Room

Needs to have more Bins in the room and seating at the bbq smoking area

Love the staff they go over and beyond for you . From day staff to night they are all amazing people

Overall, my stay was enjoyable.
    • Guest Queen Room

On arrival at our room, there was only one bath towel and no hand towel- had to see reception to arrange. Shower recess is looking rather "dirty". Grout lines were showing mould- nothing a little bleach and 'elbow grease' wouldn't fix quickly.

Have stayed at Travelodge at various destinations so it met expectations .

ok
    • Guest Queen Room

They did not advise that the only parking avail was in a parking lot $15 per day for 2 nights. Also they charge a $1 fee just for staying there and wrote down my ATM card number and expiry date ...very dodgy I was not happy with that.

The cleaning Lady was lovely ...great service from her

Lovely stay in the big smoke
    • Guest King or Twin Room

Breakfast wasn't organised . Had to pay for parking that wasn't covered .

I liked how it was easy to find and quiet . The big bed was also great .