Reviews of Travelodge Hotel Manly Warringah Sydney 4 stars

4-10 Victor Road, Brookvale, Brookvale, 2100 Sydney, Australia

#138 of 306 hotels in Sydney

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

We had a great stay and will be back.
    • Standard Queen Room

We had to pay $10 a day to park around the back of the hotel.

This is an ideal hotel for Sydney, great room, full breakfast available, easy bus transport to Manly and ferry across beautiful harbour to Sydney CBD. Just across the road to the club for meals.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Travelodge is a reasonable priced dependable place to stay and usually well located
    • Standard Queen Room

Wi Fi is rubbish. Good luck even getting on. I carry my own toggle as I cannot depend on Travelodge "free wi fi" There must also be a sugar crisis as its rationed out in very meagre quantities. Again, I bring my own.

I Love Travelodge and spend half my life in them Australia & UK. I like the sameness of their rooms its like an old friend.

Close to family on the northern beaches
    • Standard Queen Room

The Fire alarm went off, we went downstairs standing outside the entrance No one attended to anyone, no check or attention at all from staff. A bus came in dropping off a full bus load of tourists, who all went in and staff began checking them in, the bus was in the driveway blocking entrance for the fire brigade. Who had to ask the driver to move, their arrival was swift and professional. I had to ask a fireman if it was alright for us to go back to our rooms, he gave us the ok. To which us and a couple of others opened the fire doors on both levels heading back to our room on level 2. I was appalled at the incompetence of staff at a possible emergency situation.

Close to family on the northern beaches

Great staff terrible patrons
    • Standard Queen Room

Its not really the hotels fault but there seemed to be a high percentage of riff raff staying at this hotel. There seemed to be a lot of people yelling, publicly arguing and behaving badly under the influence. EG. We were heading to our room late at night after visiting friends and there were about 5 huge wasted guys all crowded in the hallway before our apt. We just walked around them and they tried to say something to us and we just ignored them and just walked towards our room. They started to follow us towards our room and we had to duck into our room before they got to us. It was quite scary. From then on they started to try and open our door and get into our apt. We called reception and they came and gave them a warning but it seemed to aggravate them. They were banging on the walls and yelling. We were frightened as to what they could do under the influence of whatever they were on. The night staff kindly put us into another room which made us feel safer. He apologised and said that unfortunately on weekends they get alot of drunk people. Our new room was nice and quiet and we felt safe. This was all around 1:30am in the morning However we were woken up around 8am with someone drilling into the other side of our room. Im assuming they didnt know there was anyone in the room as it was meant to be empty. Overall the experience was a nightmare. Once again the staff tried to do all they could to help. But i will never return here with clientele like they seem to have.

The staff relocated us into another room during the night due to some drunk and rowdy patrons who were trying to get into our apt.

Your property is very tired & it need a lot of work to...
    • Standard King Room

Your property is very tired & it need a lot of work to bring it up to standard for what you are charging. I have lived on the northern beaches for most of my life and was very disappointed with the room. The hotel looks more like a hospital layout & did not appreciate walking through the breakfast area to leave the hotel.

The bed was comfortable.
    • Standard King Room

The breakfast was very disappointing. It was cold and it looked like it needed topping up as there was very little there when I went to get some. The bathroom showed signs of not being cleaned properly as there was hairs all over the floor.

The bed was comfortable. The shower was hot and had good pressure.

The bed, whilst just for one night, was surprisingly good.
    • Standard King Room

Remove the $10 parking fee, we're in Brookvale, not the inner city, please don't charge for parking just because you can.

The bed, whilst just for one night, was surprisingly good. And it's great that you can open the windows and have fresh air.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Staff were all very friendly nothing was too much trouble.
    • Standard Queen Room

Staff were all very friendly nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was really yummy too. So close to the Club where you could get a great meal.

Vert bloody ordinary
    • Standard Queen Room

THE first room was adjacent to the kindergarten and very noisy. We asked for a change and were given one where the air conditioning gave out cold air. We asked for and we were given an electric heater which worked well. The shower was useless the water barely trickled out. We spoke to the reception who were very good and said the maintenance man would fix things. He did, the air conditioning now gave out almost luke warm air and the and the shower was just the same useless. I suggested the manager and the maintenance man should try having a shower, not necessararily together then they MIGHT do something about fixing the shower, I know about water savers but a better choice of rose head might help and perhaps clean the pipe and rose head

The location was excellent for meeting friends and shopping

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Convenient, good price and pleasant room
    • Standard King Room

The room didn’t get warm enough. I think the Aircon is too old and def the heating didn’t work well.

The room was/is big enough for a few days. Helpful staff and good parking facilities.

All was fine, the location, room, shower all were better than normal and sleep was great.
    • Standard King Room

The breakfast could have been hotter, but we were a bit late for the session.

Hi really judge a motel mostly on the quality of "sleep" and it was fine.

OK....just OK!
    • Standard King Room

I would not stay here again...the reason for this is purely down to the fact that the BED WAS HARD AS A ROCK!!! I am not sure about the other rooms however the room I stayed in is in definite need of a new bed, and softer beds at that. I have slept on softer beds in Vietnam and if you have been there you would know that a soft bed isn't easy to find! I would say it is expensive for the cost, also there is nothing around the hotel so there is nothing to do or places to go eat without driving. Also breakfast for $19 is a complete rip off, the food is average and I should have gone to a local cafe for the price as they quality would have been much better. At least for that price you should offer freshly cooked omlettes or something.

Everything else was just ok and served a purpose for a business meeting the next day however overall I would not stay at this Travellodge again. Staff were friendly.

When I checked in I was stung for $10 to park onsite,...
    • Standard Queen Room

When I checked in I was stung for $10 to park onsite, despite having chosen free parking when searching and not being made aware of this when I booked. The parking was not secure and was open air. Not happy. Another customer next to me had same experience.

Manly Travelodge stay
    • Standard King Room

Could of had a public transport handout for bus services and a ferry timetable available at or adjacent to the reception counter.

I liked the location of the hotel. Just off the main road. Proximity to the Manly Sea Eagles home ground and Leagues Club. The bedding was very comfortable and check in was relatively easy and hassle free.

Closeness to event & very comfortable
    • Standard Queen Room

Food had run out at breakfast time & not topped up..we couldn't find anyone to ask & then when someone came it was too late..we had to go. Disappointing. Also not much coffee/tea sachets in room

Closeness to event & very comfortable

Comfortable stay in true Travelodge style.
    • Standard Queen Room

The breakfast options got a bit repetitive after a while and while we were able to get it earlier it still would have been nice for it to have been a 6am start for breakfast so we'd have had a more relaxing breakfast. There's not much in the way of shops in the immediate area with 20 minute walk or so to the shopping centre or Dee Why. Two service station, a McDonalds and an Officeworks are the only main "shops" in the area open in the evening.

In true Travelodge style the rooms are tidy and comfortable and the location is handy to Dee Why and the Waringah Westfield. The staff were really helpful when I wanted to print something out. Rooms generally pretty quiet. Given I traveled in a group, we were also able to get breakfast going a little bit earlier than usual.

Staff were unfriendly & unhelpful.
    • Standard Queen Room

The check-in & check-out experience. Being told that parking cost $10, no indication of this when booking on-line, parking was stated as a facility,, it did not mention there was a fee. Waited 7 minutes at reception desk to check-out, no staff appeared at peak check-out time, so I just left my room key & departed.

Breakfast. Cleanliness of room & bathroom. Speed of lift.

Budget Hotel
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was tired and needed a make over, walls very thin and could hear other guests next door and in corridor, tv in room didn't work at all and there was no hairdryer!

Location was excellent for going to an NRL game at Lottoland. Bus service was right outside your door. Staff were friendly and accommodating.

The hotel is conveniently located for the rugby league games.
    • Standard King Room

The ‘king’ bed is only two single beds pushed together and made with one sheet. They separated through the night causing discomfort when ever my husband or I rolled over in the night. We have another booking in a fortnight so I changed the room to a queen.

The hotel is conveniently located for the rugby league games. The staff are friendly and the buffet breakfast in the morning is also convenient.

Great place to stay if heading to an event at Lottoland!
    • Standard King Room

The Hotel is a good place to stay if attending an event at Lottoland, but we had trouble finding decent places to eat within walking distance of the Hotel.

Nice and close to Lottoland Stadium 👍

Clean tidy staff where lovely
    • Standard King Room

We booked a room with a pull out bed and when we arrived there was no bed then we were charged for a pull out bed for the 2 nights

Clean tidy staff where lovely

Always find the staff here are very frendly and suits my purpose of location.
    • Standard Queen Room

A slight hiccup with no towels left in the room but was quickly solved with a phone call.

Always enjoy my stay at this Motel. Have not been there for a few months and was greeted with a lovely welcome back card and wine and chocolate, It is the little things that count.

For the footy fan!
    • Standard Queen Room

For the price we paid($233!) I expect more than just a basic room - and the room was basic at best!

Perfect location if you are planning to go to the football at Brookvale Oval (sorry, can’t bring myself to call it “Lottoland”) and have a night out at the Leagues Club. Otherwise, there are much better value options.

Great stay and we’ve booked again to stay this coming week!!
    • Standard King Room

The staff went over and beyond for us during our stay. The lovely lady that checked us in was polite and was extremely helpful when our booking was incorrectly sent through to them from bookings.com Wish I knew her name, she upgraded us to a king room and complementary breakfast. Our stay was lovely and would recommend to others 🤗

Best near Sydney hotel ever.
    • Standard Twin Room

Everything, I used to stay here all the time while running my business about seven years ago I expected it may not be as great as it used to be but I was wrong it is as great today as it was, the comfort, quality and service are stuck in a time capsule. When I explained how fantastic I still found it to a staff member she said they are upgrading furniture and stuff shortly, WOW. GREAT location 5mins by car to Manly 20mins by fastferry to Circular Quay customer service 11 you can not go wrong loved it back in the day as good if not bettet today book it now!!!

Was roomy good facilities had everything i needed to be able...
    • Standard Twin Room

The air conditioning was not the best we had a 7 month old in the room you might not know but porta cots are not the warmest so we wanted to have a bit of heat in the room. We had to go to the desk and get a little plug in fan heater to heat the room.

Was roomy good facilities had everything i needed to be able to clean bottles had sink, microwave, jug more than your usual motel room. Made staying with a baby very easy.

Good location near the beaches.
    • Standard Twin Room

Had problems with our room key letting us into the private carpark just happy the staff were always on hand to buzz us in.

Good location near the beaches. Easy access to city via ferry. 24 hr laundry was great.Full buffet breakfast was included in our package amazing food on offer.

Clean and comfortable.
    • Standard Queen Room

I had to pay $10.00 per night for parking. The other option was to park in the street.

It was roomy and very clean. The motel was across the road from the Manly Leagues Club and within walking distance to Brookvale Oval and Waringah Shopping Mall.

Friendly staff, perfect location to where we were going for...
    • Standard King Room

Friendly staff, perfect location to where we were going for a family reunion. Good buffet breakfast and staff working during breaky time was such a lovely lady...

Had a fabulous stay.
    • Standard Queen Room

Room abit small but was good as shown in the photo it looks big but it wasn’t. There was no proper kitchen like having a stove. Not enough blankets. Other than that everything was ok.

Loved the room and how close the hotel is to places I wanted to go visit.

A very convenient short stay
    • Standard Queen Room

The only thing we didn't like was the size & firmness of bed. Too firm for our liking

The room was exactly what we required but bed just too hard for us

very nice place to stay. good for less mobile people too.
    • Standard Twin Room

The price was a little expensive but it was a convenient location so i suppose that makes up for it.

Comfy room and beds. Nice staff. Convenient location.

Bed was very comfortable as was the room very easy to use...
    • Standard Queen Room

Bed was very comfortable as was the room very easy to use free wifi . I booked an extra night. Late booking Saturday on a Sydney Vivid weekend Highly recommend.

Have stayed here several times for convenience due to work functions. Breakfast us always good 😊
    • Standard King Room

The bed wasn't comfortable.....too soft, so bad night sleep. The shower head kept falling down. Maintenance issue, but didn't report it. Room 344

Breakfast was good. Room was clean, and had everything I needed for overnight stay.

Quiet comfort......

Nothing really

Having travelled on a long haul flight, the staff very kindly gave us a nice quiet room. My wife was unwell so it was important for her to be as comfortable as possible - we certainly found the twin beds very comfy. The hotel was well located for us to have contact with family and great parking out the back. A very convenient 2 night stay given our circumstances.

Out of 10 our stay would be rated by us a 7
    • Standard King Room

The room floors and the general house cleaning could be improved

The location suited our requirements A list of near eating facilities would be handy for the guests

One block from Brookvale oval - reasonable value except for the mattress
    • Standard Queen Room

Expect a better mattress in a city hotel. Shower in adjoining room was noisy and doors banging in other rooms are most annoying. Lift is small and very slow.

Location great for Brookvale oval. Room had a sofa and table and chairs. Nice staff on reception.

Great stay
    • Standard King Room

Breakfast was a little cold but was ok and the food later on was hotter.

We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times and found it convenient and a great place to stay. Staff are friendly, hotel is clean havent had any issues at all. Bed was very comfortable and the hotel isnt very noisy considering its near a main road.

Good place to stay in area
    • Standard Queen Room

Very noisy air-con, inability to turn it off (Rm110) - totally disturbed sleep. TV reception very poor (blurrycand wavy. Thankfully not watching much TV anyway.

Very comfortable and clean room, great hot shower, terrific breakfast

Comfortable
    • Standard Queen Room

TV was hard to operate. Hallway was too narrow when cleaning staff had their trolleys.

The ice maker in the laundry used that everyday. Staff were quite friendly. Car Park was secure. Good choice of breakfast food. Convenient location.

Reasonable
    • Standard Queen Room

Airconditioning wasnt working and it was a cold night. Reception had to bring me 2 little heaters to warm up the room but the heaters motor was so loud I ccouldnt hear the tv. TV volume is fixed so you cant turn it up.

Property was clean

In and out had a great sleep. Thanks.
    • Standard Queen Room

I needed a coffee, a real coffee. I was sad when I learned you needed to buy a breakfast ticket to use the coffee machine.

The bed was very comfortable and made up exceptionally well.

Quick visit, all good
    • Standard Twin Room

Can buy alcohol/ soft drink from front desk but not a juice ( or more healthy option)

Close to all my day activities, quick meal just over road at manly RL club, quiet room even being near elevator, fridge/microwave set up if needed, breakfast setup looks thorough

Comfortable and very pleasant
    • Standard Queen Room

The availability of an on-site breakfast - it was terrific. The willingness and support from staff in changing our room to more suit special needs of this visit .... nothing seemed to be too much trouble.

Terrible travelodge
    • Standard King Room

Very noisy, cold, aircon was faulty, was charged for a TV service which I did not use, TV was hard to use and remote control was broken

Was easy to leave

comfy stay
    • Standard Queen Room

disable parking wasnt near any entrances but was near stair cases which doesnt make sense

no matter wat time we left our room it was always cleaned daily

Good value for money
    • Standard King Room

Wifi could be better... higher speed ... bit frustrating when I couldn’t do my work and I was staying one night.. not worth paying extra.

Comfy bed. Decent breakfast. Close to beach.

Comfortable and adequate for my stay.
    • Standard Queen Room

I was disappointed to learn that I had to pay $10 extra for parking when there was clearly ample parking available. There was tea and coffee making facilities available but no spoons or tea, coffee or sugar. Milk was surprisingly available though. I had to type into google maps the address of the property being in Victor Street before it correctly directed me to the location. Booking.com misdirected me and I wasted one hour trying to find it before I rang the Hotel.

Good location - otherwise would not stay there.
    • Standard Twin Room

Everywhere it is poorly finished. The paint in the bathroom, the hole around the air-conditioning etc. The corners are not clean. At breakfast, there is no fresh fruit and the scrambled eggs are reconstituted.

The location is near where I worked.

Great value for money
    • Standard Queen Room

The air-conditioning was faulty and wouldn't cool down but was given the option to room move but chose to have fans instead to save the hassle and was given extra extended check out time to accommodate.

Breakfast and staff were superb and extremely friendly.

My son and I enjoyed our stay at Travelodge Brookvale.
    • Standard Queen Room

Breakfast diners being messy, mixing serving spoons, hence mixing the tomato with the egg and slopping the baked beans.

Perfect location for us. Had what we needed. Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was very nice and cheap, except for the below statement. Fantastic coffee machine.

Very convenient.
    • Standard Queen Room

The breakfast staff were very grumpy that morning. The staff were getting extremely frustrated with international tourists but they would not have noticed due to the language barrier. Understand their frustrations due to cultural differences but they do need to improve this.

The best was really comfortable.

Suited our purpose.
    • Standard Queen Room

I dislike intensely having to pay for parking although this property is cheaper than most.

We like the location. Even though it Is close to a club and a main road it is quiet. Rooms are comfortable..

Nice place, shame about the staff.
    • Standard Queen Room

Staff. Check in was confused and didin't take long for a queue to form. 2 people to check us in. Check out was just as ordinary. I asked for a tax invoice and was told it couldn't be done because I used Booking.com. I stood my ground, another queue formed and the manager showed the reception staff how to print it. I hadn't done it became it couldn't be done. Spend the money and train your staff. Bad experience checking in and checking out will reduce the number of return visits.

rooms are comfortable

Nice clean hotel in a good location and good value for money.
    • Standard King Room

Paying $10 for parking when every other hotel we have stayed at in Sydney does not charge for parking.

The beds were comfy and the room was nice and clean. Although at first the hotel wasn't where I thought it would be located it was actually in a good location being 5 minutes drive to Dee Why beach and 10 minutes drive to Manly beach as well as being in walking distance to the Manly Sea Eagles stadium and close to the mall.

Close to the club & oval , room was tidy .
    • Standard King Room

Kingsize bed was two singlebeds pushed together with a kingsize sheet over the top.coffee sachets were crap brought My own coffee.

Close to the club & oval , room was tidy .

Clean and convenient.
    • Standard Twin Room

I sent a message regarding parking as I had read there was a fee for parking, so stated I would like to book a parking spot. The reply was a bit ambiguous and I thought it meant I didn't need to pay for parking, but that was not the case. I was happy to pay but the reply confused me.

Convenient location for my purpose. Parking access was good.

The staff were friendly and attentive
    • Standard Queen Room

The TV in our room was very dodgy. Had trouble turning it on and off. My partner was recovering from surgery so she spent most of the 5 days we were there in the room. The TV was quite old and didn't have a USB port. Which meant she couldn't watch the hard drive which was frustrating.

The staff were friendly and attentive

Unfortunate experience this visit
    • Standard Queen Room

We stay here regularly.. This was an unfortunate experience..!.! Didn't sleep a wink due to the noise, worst room ever Went to make coffee, the jug leaked. No coffee, no sugar.. The fridge leaked water all over the floor TV wouldn't work

The staff are beautiful and plenty of parking

At Brookvale. Close to Warringahmall take B1 to reach wyanyard station
    • Standard Queen Room

The cleaning staff was not availabe when the the airconditioner Vent got choked. I didn't get a room replacement.

Microwave, clean bed, WiFi was ok

Not great
    • Standard Queen Room

Checking in was a nightmare. Staff unhelpful. One small lift for whole hotel. Shows on here that it's close to city. So so far !

Room was a good size. Good breakfast

I will come back again because it offers value for money.
    • Standard Queen Room

The aircon seems not working. It's 17 deg and still room is kinda warm. Also the couch and carpet are dusty. We all sneeze at least twice when we get home

Simple but nice. It has all the basics that you need in a hotel.

This hotel is basic. If you want all the bells & whistles, stay elsewhere.
    • Standard Queen Room

40 degree day in Sydney and the air conditioner in my room was broken. Staff brought me a fan which was so noisy so couldn’t be used at night. Asked to be moved to another room but hotel was full.

Room was clean.

A very happy experience
    • Room Selected at Check In

The room was very comfortable as was the bed Room service always done to perfection Receptionist at the front desk was excellent very informative and friendly

Not my best choice of hotels
    • Standard Queen Room

Plenty of things but this hotel is just one of any number of over priced Sydney hotels. It is a reasonable place but for the price you would expect a fair bit more.

It was close to work! Not much else to say.

An OK place to stay in the Manly area.
    • Standard Queen Room

Having to pay $10 per night for parking.

While the room was comfortable it is starting to look a bit frayed around the edges. There were loose threads on most of the carpets in the hallways and generally the motel looked to be in need of renovations, in my opinion.

A clean hotel with friednly staff.
    • Standard Queen Room

Overpriced for what you get. It is a basic hotel with basic amenities.

A basic hotel in a good location for an appointment we had in the area. Friendly staff and rooms were clean & tidy. Breakfast was OK.

I only stay here because of the location. It is close to where I am working.
    • Standard King Room

The rooms are not so clean in the corners. Everything is very well used, and could do with a reno. I took a picture of the air con. See how it is stuck in there, and the job unfinished. I did not eat the buffet breakfast this stay. At $19, it is so overpriced. The scrambled eggs are from a powdered mix. The fruit is all canned, in a syrup. No fresh fruit. The bread for toast is cheap and nasty. The only thing I like are the croissants - delicious - and the coffee from the machine. I won't pay $19 for that.

The location is very good for where I am working.

The hotel and facilities were what we expected, we were slightly disappointed with the location.
    • Standard Queen Room

Not many facilities nearby - Manly Leagues club next door and a McDonalds 5 minutes walk away. At times internet not available due to number of users. At time of visit laundry was out of service - engineer not attending for 4 days.

Clean and comfortable room. Bus stops immediately outside of hotel. Next door to Manly Leagues club - the club allows guests at the hotel to sign in as temporary members but as we were there for a week I joined for $5 and enjoyed the facilities for the full week.

The Travelodge is good value for money and was clean, quiet and comfortable.
    • Standard Queen Room

First few days were fine but then they stopped replacing the dishwashing liquid and a couple of times the dirty tea towels were just left on the bench and a dirty face washer was once left on the (made up) bed. As we didn’t leave the room most days before midday, we supposed the housekeeping staff were in a hurry.

Comfortable place stay.
    • Standard King Room

Bit noisy if your room at end close to main road. Property bit dated, time for a refresh. Bathrooms need new tapware.

Location good for northern beaches area. Close to Westfield. Plenty of parking with easy access. Bed was reasonably comfortable.

Very satisfied with every aspect of the stay.
    • Standard Queen Room

Good sound-proofing between rooms -better than most upmarket hotels. Helpful advice and recommendations for trips, eating out and usual visitor needs. Good attitude from staff.

Acceptable basic clean room for a short business stay.
    • Standard King Room

Charging an extra $10 per night for outdoor parking is excessive. At the rates they charge for a basic room parking should be included. An extra charge may have been justified if it had secure undercover parking. There was some misinformation and confusion at reception, with different staff providing different information.

The room was fairly spacious. Bathroom was well cleaned.

The location and stay was good for my requirements.
    • Standard Queen Room

No handy restaurants for dinner except club which was ok for one night.

The coffee at breakfast was good. Microwave useful. I was able to bring in a frozen meal to heat and relax in the room after a busy day with visiting overseas family. Good location for Dee Why where family were staying.

Overall value for money. Well positioned. Somewhat unfriendly. Breakfast experience not good.
    • Standard Queen Room

Coffee machine broken on both our morning breakfasts. Not good enough. We arrived around 0900 on both mornings to find no or very little fruit/joghurt etc. Bacon was poor quality on the second day particularly. Croissants were minute. Receptionists were very casual. We walked in and out several times on our 3 days. No one spoke to even say good morning or challenge our right to be there.

Room facilities inc bed. Kitchen facilities. Location Value for money