Reviews of Ulladulla Harbour Motel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

29 Burrill Street South P.O.Box 510, 2539 Ulladulla, Australia

#6 of 11 hotels in Ulladulla

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

convenient location
    • Budget Room

Be careful when you book this motel as 4 rooms have shared facilities and no air conditioning so make sure you read the small print, unfortunately, I did not.

Convenient location

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Very pleasant.
    • Queen Room - Downstairs

We only booked one night. Should have booked two nights and made the stay a bit more worthwhile.

Great location, very friendly staff, room was ready on arrival and super clean. Continental breakfast in the morning. We would stay again.

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: October 19, 2018

location and size of room
    • Twin Room - downstairs

door security that did not allow screen door to be locked to allow the option to leave main door open so fresh air into room no black out curtains, room faced onto road and did not block out lights from pathway

location and size of room

• Reviewed: October 10, 2018

Excellent location and value for money.
    • Twin Room - downstairs

We were placed at the front on the road and it was a bit noisy, but died off during the night so didn't affect us too much. Whilst the price point was fabulous, some of the internal fittings are starting to look a bit dated and warrant a makeover or replacing.

The location is excellent, right in the centre of town and very close to restaurants and shops, with a short stroll to the beautiful harbour. The room itself was clean and spacious and the staff were friendly, approachable and professional.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Good central location.
    • Queen Room - Downstairs

No cooking facilities in room, not even a toaster. Freezer didn’t freeze, so our ice packs for eski were just cold water! We used the Barbeque but were quite disappointed as it took us almost a roll of paper towel to clean it. The sink and bench next to bbq were dirty. The oil drip tray was full and there were dead insects in the oil channel flowing to drip tray. The room’s tiled floor was not clean as our feet were black after walking on it barefoot.

Good central location. Continental Breakfast included from 7.30am - 9.00am.

• Reviewed: October 7, 2018

Quite enjoyable
    • Budget Room

Parking to far away from room in wet weather, breakfast setup good some gluten free cereal for celiacs would be good and bread nice

Staff very helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: October 6, 2018

The staff were very friendly and I would stay there again.
    • Queen Room - Upstairs

The bed was not terribly comfortable and only a double. They need to upgrade to queen size beds

The location of the motel was very good, walking distance to shops, restaurants and the harbour. There were bbq facilities and breakfast was included in the price.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

The pictures are deceiving.
    • Family Room

The noise, at 10 pm there was a start of a loud noise like an electrical generator above my room it was crazy I couldn’t sleep. The cleaning. There was a marks on the pillows and towels, not to mention the stinky smell of the blankets. It was a crazy night.

The staff friendly and welcoming. The breakfast was lovely.

• Reviewed: September 29, 2018

Easy, friendly, and perfect for what we wanted

Perhaps updated rooms? It didn’t matter as the hotel was cheap. Hotter coffee 🤣

The staff was phenomenal. Friendliest people that made a huge difference in the experience. The rooms were dated, however the beds and sheets were clean which is important.

• Reviewed: September 21, 2018

Exactly what we asked for and paid for

We asked for no sprays in the room and they did that for us. We were running late and they were very friendly and helpful with letting us know how to get into our room and lovely when we checked out in the morning. Lovely “motel dog” as well

• Reviewed: September 12, 2018

Loved it! Great value for money! Will definitely return when we stay in Ulladulla again.
    • Executive Queen Room - Adult Only

Located in the heart of Ulladulla and within walking distance to the harbour. Very reasonably priced. Bed was very comfy and loved the spa in the bathroom. Continental breakfast located in the Breakfast Nook was included in the price and staff constantly refilled the breakfast items - great assortment!

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

Breakfast was basic cereal, toast, tin fruit, juice.
    • Budget Room

Breakfast was basic cereal, toast, tin fruit, juice. Cappuccino machine was great (2 cups) We stayed in a dorm room and shared the bathroom it was nice and clean the room had a microwave and bar fridge but only 1 chair at the table.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2018

Overall we found our stay quite comfortable and we would...
    • Budget Room

Overall we found our stay quite comfortable and we would recommend this hotel to our friends . The location is excellent and the staff is very helpful ! we will definitely stay again

• Reviewed: August 21, 2018

I enjoyed it so much that I would recommend it to my friends.
    • Budget Room

Nothing that I didn't like. Oh yes I didn't like that I didn't have more time to stay longer. 😁

I loved that the 2 beds were in separate rooms. I loved that the bathroom was so big. I loved that we were able to upgrade to a bigger room with NO problem.

• Reviewed: August 21, 2018

An enjoyable stay
    • Queen Room - Upstairs

Needs a bit of an update to the rooms.

The location is good, the reception is friendly and great breakfast with nice choices from cereals and yummy yoghurt.

• Reviewed: August 18, 2018

Good location.
    • Executive Queen Room - Adult Only

Good location. We had a spacious room with jacuzzi and balcony with view on the harbour. Breakfast (continental) was self-serve with a variety of cereals to choose from, toasted bread etc.

• Reviewed: August 17, 2018

Great Location
    • Family Room

The sofa/lounge was particularly old and requires replacing in the near future.

The two ladies in reception when we arrived were really welcoming. As we were starting a tennis tournament early the following morning we asked if there was any chance of having the provided continental breakfast half an hour earlier than the usual start time, this was not a problem. The breakfast was simple but fresh, exactly what we were looking for... even a coffee machine. The room was older and furniture could do with an update, however it was clean, tidy and spacious and suited our needs. A quick walk from the back gate took you to the main street for shops and restaurants.

• Reviewed: August 10, 2018

Would stay there again

Everything ok

Convenient location, could enter via back gate as long as you could get back in with torch to see security code (at night) to select a restaurant for evening meal or visit shops.

• Reviewed: August 10, 2018

The staff always had smile on their faces.
    • Twin Room - upstairs

The staff always had smile on their faces. Couldn't do enough for you. Took time to make sure you had everything you needed & were comfortable.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2018

Friendly staff, self serve breakfast was great, plentiful...
    • Queen Room - Downstairs

Friendly staff, self serve breakfast was great, plentiful and you aren't rushed. Was looking to a swim in the pool but was unfortunately too cold for me to get in. Great location, walking distance to restaurants, cafe's, pub, shops and harbour.

• Reviewed: August 5, 2018

The Motel was central to my needs for being in Ulladulla, I...
    • Budget Room

The Motel was central to my needs for being in Ulladulla, I was only there for a short stay It was comfortable, as I wanted somewhere to sleep, and I did not spend a lot of time in the room

• Reviewed: July 27, 2018

Unimpressed
    • Budget Room

The booking for amount of beds within the room was incorrect- I would been short two beds Had to pay more for a different room and the wi fi was slower than normal data downloads from my phone. The glasses in the hygiene wraps were not clean.

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

Pillows were fabulous, was disappointed I couldn't use...

Non aldi breakfast

Pillows were fabulous, was disappointed I couldn't use the pool as I live in tassie, if a heated pool is advertised all year round, I do expect to be able to use it, besides price the heated pool was why I booked, so that disappointed me, needed to relax as I was there for a funeral

• Reviewed: July 19, 2018

Good night sleep
    • Queen Room - Downstairs

The tv was a little small for the size of the room but it wasn't an issue.

The room was very clean. The bed was comfy with the best pillows I've ever slept on! The rooms are huge.

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

Fantastic
    • Queen Room - Downstairs

Staff and Facilities Fantastic, Well looked after Bonus Breafast every morning. Could not Fault Facilities. Back gate leeds to town and 2 minutes walk to the beach.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

Fabulous location - very central.
    • Executive Queen Room - Adult Only

A retarding element in the hot water supply in the shower - lovely hot water, but extremely limited supply.

Fabulous location - very central. Peaceful.

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

A quiet spot, in good nick and good value.
    • Queen Room - Downstairs

The management were very helpful. They rang me to be sure of my arrival time and gave me good directions. The location was close to a wide range of eating places and a shopping centre, yet in a quiet location away from hubbub and traffic.

• Reviewed: July 9, 2018

If you want a clean, comfortable room and friendly staff, stay here!
    • Queen Room - Downstairs

I was not well and the Staff looked after me very well, and I really thank them for the extra blankets that they supplied. The breakfast room was well stocked and was a lot more than expected for a free breakfast. I would highly recommend this motel to anyone.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Will return!
    • Queen Room - Downstairs

Everything was fine, i.e. the staff surrounds clean and presentable, breakfast was great we have NO complaints and will return. Thank you! What we say is to the point and says it all. Thank you once again and we did like the view very much as the sun was rising,\.

• Reviewed: June 19, 2018

First impression walking in door oh my god it smells old and...
    • Twin Room - upstairs

First impression walking in door oh my god it smells old and mouldy....not impressed at all..kids couldn’t use pool it was covered and locked up ...very disappointed..

• Reviewed: June 14, 2018

every thing was satisfactory
    • Budget Room

we have no complaints, very comfortable place to stay and staff were great

breakfast was great, it was good that we could reenergise before leaving the hotel

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

Pleasant motel in good location off main road, and good breakfast included.
    • Queen Room - Upstairs

Concerns about super-safety locking system. The only access door had an automatic locking system which could only be released by electronic switch next to the door. In case of fire or blackout, could be a fire-trap.

Excellent breakfast. Motel unit had obviously been recently tastefully decorated in modern style but was showing signs of hard wear already. Cracked tiles, broken mirrors etc.

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

We have stayed here several times before but this time was not really up to standard
    • Twin Room - downstairs

The noise from the adjoining room

We were in a room that used to be an adjoining room and we could hear everything from the other room we had to sleep with the tv on to drown out the noise.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

Older style motel but clean, comfortable and good value for money in a central location.
    • Queen Room - Downstairs

Could have had better lighting in the room.

Clean, comfortable and continental breakfast included. Walk to shops and restaurants, very convenient location. Good bed.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

What could I say value for money with breakfast included you won't find another like it
    • Queen Room - Downstairs

Overall really nice probably just need bottled water to make tea/ coffee as ulladulla water is not very tasteful no fault of their own maybe extra milk as you need to put 2 little ones in each cup otherwise I would recommend this place to anyone

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

In spite of our disappointment with parking, overall our stay was very nice and relaxing.
    • Queen Room - Downstairs

Parking was based on first in first served. As our room was at the front of the motel it was easier to park out on the road rather than have my wife who suffers with COPD/Emphysema to walk from the top carpark. Better parking recommendations needed for the rooms at the front.

The location of the motel was close to harbour, beach and shops. Bed was comfy and room nice and clean. There was plenty refreshments for those early/late cuppas. Very pleased that an outdoor setting was provided for smokers.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

The people running this motel really impressed me with their friendly attitude.
    • Queen Room - Downstairs

As winter approaches, the room was cold. Allocating parking spaces near to particular rooms would prevent having to park well away from the room in a separate carpark. The premises feel old, but the location is great.

On arrival, everything was well organised. The included breakfast was enough, although the new coffee machine did not produce the hot coffee I am used to. The staff are friendly and and have a good knowledge of the region.

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

It was good value with the breakfast included which again was very good.
    • Budget Room

I had booked a budget room and when we arrived Marie showed it to us and it was not suitable and she showed us another room which we took and all was good. I thought it was reasonably priced and it was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

Need
    • Executive Queen Room - Adult Only

Nothing really. I enjoyed my stay.

Staff with smiles, welcoming and friendly. Housekeeping staff great. Nice view of the harbour, plenty of space. Hot water a big tick. Payment upon arrival.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

location great would have been alot better if the pool was heated.
    • Twin Room - upstairs

The pool wasn't heated which the kids were not happy about and we needed to find staff each time to open the pool door. There were tractors digging next door every morning.

location was great.

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

Pleasant, relaxing, quiet
    • Twin Room - downstairs

Iron had a really short cord which made it a bit difficult to iron larger items.

The basic complimentary breakfast of cereal,fruit, toast, raisin toast, spreads, juice, tea and coffee was a good start to the day. Fridge in room was a good bonus to store our drinks and dips and cheese for snacks.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Staff is friendly, location good but the hotel is disappoining! !
    • Executive Queen Room - Adult Only

The property is getting old! Noise guests even at midnight! Management should tell noise guests to keep quiet! The walls of the property are not well insulated, you can hear everting from adjacent rooms! Too bad!

Location and the view!

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

Pleasant
    • Twin Room - downstairs

Iron leaked water when it was being used. TV was a little small and no books telling you what Ulladulla has to offer for tourists

Size of the bathroom and shower

• Reviewed: April 13, 2018

Our stay was pleasant.
    • Queen Room - Downstairs

The manager couldn't be more friendly and helpful, she explained the Motel is currently being renovated, it will be very good when the renovations are completed. The position of the Motel is convenient for walking to restaurants, shopping or just walking around Ulladulla Harbour.

• Reviewed: April 12, 2018

Overall a good stay.
    • Executive Queen Room - Adult Only

The bed was ok a bit lumpy, the coach wasn't comfortable, plastic picnic table and chairs as dining set.

Good size room, shower was excellent good water pressure, location was very good.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

Couldn't put up with the sun coming in early for more than a night
    • Queen Room - Upstairs

Room needed maintenance i.e several tiles in bathroom were loose. Curtain didn't fit the window and there was about 10+cm of window left uncovered for the early morning sun to stream in. TV size and location weren't good

Breakfast on site was great, location to food outlets and supermarkets was great, clean and tidy

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

Recommended
    • Budget Room

Coffee machine wasn't working at breakfast but instant coffee available. I would have liked some cold cuts for breakfast although their continental breakfast had variety.

The lady that checked us in was extremely friendly and helpful. We stayed in the dormitory style room and it was great value for money. Shared bathroom was clean and the beds very comfortable - great value for money.

• Reviewed: March 31, 2018

Quiet Ulla Dulla
    • Twin Room - upstairs

Basic room. Double bed was too small for 35degC night so used the single bed as well; a larger bed would be more comfortable. Bathroom fan was very noisy so hubby adjusted it but it could do with a clean and service and main room window net curtains need some TLC.

Very handy walk to shops and supermarket. Quiet with no road noise. Nice view to harbour. Off street parking. Pleasant continental breakfast was included in the room rate.

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Stay was good!
    • Budget Room

Bit disappointed that although I paid for my room through Booking.com and it had been deducted from my account I was still required to pay a $50 deposit and did not receive this back until 3 days after and photo copy of my drivers licence as well, living in the dark ages????????

Very handy to drop in off the highway.

• Reviewed: March 25, 2018

Very happy with my stay!
    • Queen Room - Upstairs

Very comfortable room. Clean and well maintained. Staff were excellent. Maria, Janette and everyone were lovely! They made sure I had all I needed and was comfortable for my 2 week stay. Thanks.

• Reviewed: March 23, 2018

We had a reasonably comfortable stay in Ulladulla Harbour Motel
    • Family Room

This family room can be very noisy. The 2 rooms either side on the floor above have spa baths and when they are in use, the vibrations resonate throughout the walls and the noise in the room is very loud and disturbing. The bedroom is opposite the laundry area which can also be disturbing with machine noise and loud voices. The balcony has the room next door's external air conditioning unit located on it which was blowing out next door's hot air along our balcony all day and all evening and continued all night. We didn't like the messages posted at various places on walls throughout the room especially the one listing the extra costs for dirtying the towels or linen. They were very unwelcoming to guests.

The family room was very spacious with a separate bedroom and comfortable beds. It had a large bathroom and shower with plenty of hot water. The balcony had side views of Ulladulla Harbour. The breakfast was good. The lady who manages the complex was very pleasant.

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

Good position and facities but a little overpriced for quality and facilities of a family room.
    • Family Room

Small table in a family room - barely big enough for 2 people. Tiny TV and limited seating for family sized room.

Located close to town and easy walk to shops & facilities. Pool was a hit with the kids. Breakfast options good.

• Reviewed: March 14, 2018

Wasn't too bad for the price.
    • Budget Room

Breakfast is served too late as there are many people who commence work at 7am. The noise of the people in the dorm was loud. People smoking on the balcony attaché to my room. Slamming doors and some arguing. One toilet for all the rooms was not enough. No air freshener either. Glen 20 should be used to spray on the toilet and in the air to kill germs. No control for the air conditioning.

Being a shared toilet and bathroom it was clean enough. Location great. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: March 14, 2018

The staff were all amazing !
    • Queen Room - Downstairs

The room smelt like cigarette when we first got there, but aired the room and it was fine after that

The staff were all amazing ! - lovely people and gave great recommendations for places to eat in Ulladulla

• Reviewed: March 13, 2018

Met all needs and expectations as have stayed before and would stay again
    • Executive Queen Room - Adult Only

Location was perfect for my business needs, view was great, room allocated was spacious with separate bedroom. The owners recognise the facility needs updating and a good refresh.

• Reviewed: March 13, 2018

very relaxing weekend
    • Queen Room - Upstairs

Maria the manager was excellent very friendly and very helpful as I had a sore knee and provided extra comfort to sit at breakfast. ideal position for all amenities and lovely water views. for price, position could not fault.

• Reviewed: March 4, 2018

AWESOME
    • Family Room

The pool wasn't heated and the bathroom was clean but tired. The exhaust fan was very noisy.

That there is a pool,the size of the room was great and I think some one could stay there for a week.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

Good value in a nice location. Freindly helpfull staff.
    • Budget Room

A little frayed around the edges. Light bulbs missing in the room, rust on lighting equipment in the bathroom. Bathroom ceiling peeling.

Very good location. Excellent price. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: February 15, 2018

good
    • Queen Room - Upstairs

tv bit small but youdont go away to stay your time in a motel room

location ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/////// >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.....

• Reviewed: February 10, 2018

A great motel in a quiet convent location with harbour views
    • Queen Room - Upstairs

Balcony with a view of the harbour , Short walk to town ,plenty of good restaurants close by . Friendly staff a very comfortable room and whisper quiet location .

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

Wonderful location for family weekend away!! Great spot to stay if you want to fish/swim or relax.
    • Family Room

Breakfast room on the smaller side, but when couples don't sit at tables for six people, there is enough room for 5x small groups of people at a time.

Very friendly, helpful staff. Very clean room with comfortable beds. Beautiful view of harbour from our verandah. Walking distance to town , restaurants and shops. On site carpark. Good continental breakfast with coffee machine to 'kick start ' the day.

• Reviewed: February 2, 2018

enjoyable would stay again

All good

We were very pleased with the whole deal close to shops good walking distance to the water the bed was comfy the room was clean we don't have any complaints.

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

Poor quality, rude staff and overpriced. Never again.
    • Family Room

Beds very old and hard. Staff not good- the lady was very condescending was did not like us wanting to use the facilities. Had to ask as reception to use the pool and she said "I locked it because I don't have time to clean it". The room next door was adjoining and very noisy. Overall not happy with it, would not recommend it. Find somewhere else and you will be much happier:)

Nice that a very basic complimentary breakfast was included.

• Reviewed: January 28, 2018

Enjoyable
    • Queen Room - Upstairs

The room could do with a décor update, & a couple of more towels for the room.

The staff were very friendly & helpful. The motel is very close to the main shopping centre & facilities.

• Reviewed: January 25, 2018

• Budget Room

Staff were yelling at each other...arguing.cleaners didn't knock before entering the room..just walked in while we were in there..the doors shut loudly..no wifi the entire stay

• Reviewed: January 20, 2018

Lovely staff, quiet, good location with basic breakfast.
    • Queen Room - Upstairs

TV was too small and lounge could only fit 1 person on.

Very quiet location. Good view from balcony. Staff were lovely, even actually showing us to our room not just sending us to find it.Also showed us where the pool was and where to eat breakfast.

• Reviewed: January 16, 2018

Nice place, close to cbd and water just needs to be updated a bit
    • Family Room

Thin walls very slippery tiles in the pool. Sharp edge from the silicon around the pool edge. No taps to clean up at BBQ even tho it tells you to clean up. Chase staff to light the BBQ.

Close to cbd and water.

• Reviewed: January 13, 2018

Clean, friendly, good priced and great location to town.
    • Family Room

Only a ceiling fan in the main bedroom and thecontrol was hard to access. And it did not work properly. Tv was a little small

So easy to start the day with a light breakfast included.

• Reviewed: January 11, 2018

A short but relaxing stay, we enjoyed the pool! The breakfast and room very good, comfortable beds.
    • Budget Room

Great bonus having the pool, and the breakfast was lovely. Didn’t catch the name of the woman who was working but she was very friendly. Rooms are sweet with comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: January 9, 2018

Good value for money in a good location of a beautiful town.
    • Family Room

The dining furniture in th room was an outdoor setting and didn’t feel quite right.

We had a great view of the harbor and the staff were really friendly and very accommodating.

• Reviewed: January 7, 2018

Disappointed
    • Twin Room - upstairs

Bed uncomfortable no cover on doona and looked dirty, microwave dirty, bathroom old and shower tiles cracked, and went to breakfast right on 9am and they wouldn't let us in for a bowl of cereal or toast. Was told they were too busy.

Not much

• Reviewed: January 5, 2018

Great location .
    • Family Room

The staff couldn’t tell us much about surrounding areas. The parking was unallocated and on one night we had to double park.... They fended not to serve breakfast on New Year’s morning and didn’t notify us except for a sign on the door of the breakfast room.... no direct Notification. The sheets were Betty old and baller so u felt like there was sand in ur bed. The beds were old and lumpy and extremely uncomfortable.

The breakfast was good as was the location. The staff were very friendky

• Reviewed: December 29, 2017

satisfied stay

Surprisingly tea bags were not supplied for the last two days, partially because of Xmas day.

In door pool is good. Breakfast is good though one morning was too crowded.

• Reviewed: December 25, 2017

Staff was friendly and welcoming.
    • Queen Room - Downstairs

The decor is a bit dated, but it has its own charm. Hairdryer is small.

Staff was friendly and welcoming. Guided me to my room which was nice, but odd to me. They were doing renovations and were considerate enough to move my room away from the vicinity. Walking distance to a lot of good stuff nearby.

• Reviewed: December 23, 2017

You get what you pay for!!!!
    • Queen Room - Upstairs

The plumbing in the bathroom needed a lot of attention.Motels want us to conserve on water,but they turn a blind eye to leaking taps and toilets.As a single traveller the security doors are old and do not lock.Why use an air condition when you can open the door and let a sea breeze through.Please fix the security doors.

Great location,nice and peaceful.