Reviews of Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront 4 stars

7 Kitchener Drive, Darwin CBD, 0800 Darwin, Australia

#38 of 85 hotels in Darwin

• Standard Room

The pool area has little character. The water was freezing in the middle of summer as well as spa.

Position of Vibe couldn’t be better, close to waterfront and restaurants.

• Standard Room

No free wi fi as advertised.... the only downside to our stay... c

It was clean the bed very comfortable... car park access was great... the location amazing

• Standard Room

Our room (421) was noisy, because the elevator of the skybrige is located behind the room

Best location in Darwin, wave pool ($7 pp) in front of the hotel

• Aqua View Room

This property is a bit overpriced with smallish rooms for price

Great location on waterfront, comfortable bed and good shower, staff helpful, quiet location, nice decor

Paying over $400 per night for small room with very noisy and ineffective air conditioner which kept us awake every night until the hotel finally agreed to move us to similar room with quiet and effective air conditioner.

Swimming in seawater

• Standard Room - Territory Special

We had two seperate rooms on two stays. First, much larger bathroom, but both had showers over baths. Neither had anywhere to hang the hand towel and the hooks behind the bathroom door did not grip the towels at all. A small confrontation with reception staff regarding the cost of our parking. Fortunately we had a hard copy of booking & they honoured the cost.

Cool room, comfy bed, location to waterfront & city. Great eateries close at hand.

• Standard Room

Great location. Our room was quite nice & comfortable. We had an issue with a delay in our room service & we were graciously compensated by the extremely friendly staff. I was quite impressed. Thanks Vibe

• Standard Room - Territory Special

Bathroom needs a hook to hang hand towel. There was no where. We had been quoted by Booking.com $10 parking & lucky I had paper proof. Hotel argued the point but did agree to only charge lesser amount in the end.

Location excellent for wave pool, beach & walking to attractions. Our room 1(4th floor) quiet & convenient to car park. Room 2(2nd floor), noisy & not as convenient to car park. (This was a split stay) Continental Breakfast ok.

• Aqua View Room

Something to welcome us to our honeymoon might have been nice. The photos make the wave pool next door appear as part of the resort. The TVs in the hotel ‘were down’ the entire time and nothing was offered in exchange.

Location on waterfront was lovely. Staff friendly and nice room.

• Standard Room

The hotel room is way overpriced. Breakfast should have been included. Dissapointed with TV stations available. No Foxtel and at times no ABC or Nine Network.

Best location in Darwin for Waterfront and many attractions and eateries.

• Standard Room

The initial room we got was appalling- no natural light (room should not be used for guests) The place overall appeared a little run down (carpets frayed)

Fantastic location and quick response from staff

• Standard Room

Would have been great to have information in the room i.e check out times etc. Number to contact reception on.

Comfortable, clean, right on Darwin waterfront.

• Aqua View Room

For over $300 a night I would have expected breakfast, parking and better wi-fi. Room was nothing special and parking 6 floors up.

Location - central to harbour and redtaurants

• Standard Room - Territory Special

We were stuck at the exit gate for quite a long time due to staff not entering our car rego no. This made me quite anxious and cross, and the number I had to call was not answered, I had to call reservations to get through to reception and security were no help at all! Our stay was spoilt by this. Plus I feel parking should be free for hotel guests.

• Aqua View Room

Room smelled of stale air. Pool area generally shabby. Charged $4 for a bottle of water from mini bar when price for water not listed on minibar menu. Reading light on bedside table not working.

Comfy bed

• Standard Room - Territory Special

Service Manager was argumentative over the issue that Booking.com had advertised as breakfast included. I suggested that he should honour this but he refused saying it was not their fault and I should contact booking.com to resolve. Even after showing him the proof he said that The vibe Hotel's confirmation stated it was 2 for one. I repeated that by that stage I had already booked and was attracted to the place because it was such a good offer. Now it wasn't as I had to pay another 29:95 for 1 breakfast. Also we were locked out of our room at 11 even though the deal said we had late check in till 1pm.

Code to home in a convenient location on the waterfrony

• Aqua View Room

Friendly helpful staff. The best location in Darwin. Close to amazing restaurants and parkland. Easy walking distance from the CBD and public transport. Whilst $15 a day can come at a shock it is worth having a secure place for the car.

• Standard Room

Not so easy to find using my phone directions App. from the bus terminal but not really a problem. The long corridor down to my room.

The staff were curtious and the caesar salad was excellent! The location was great although I didn't get a waterfront view. Very relaxing to walk around the waterfront and into the city.

• Aqua View Room

Extremely dirty. blocked sink that thankfully we are plumbers & could fix ourselves as there was only a room on a lower level with no view that we’d paid for. Cleaned out the filter in the bathroom spout & it was full of black sludge. ( wondering why I had a bad belly)soon found out! The bed needed replacing badly & the whole place was in desperate need of maintenance. The laundry had old machines & the electrician just left his rubbish everywhere. We have been maintenance plumbers for 26 years & no one would accept these unprofessional maintenance people & cleaners where we live.

• Standard Room

Bed not made freshly made for 4 days, just tidied. If more than 2 cabs were booked,it was up to individual customers to check with the cab drivers/other customers.

Comfy bed, bath tub and clean bathroom

• Standard Room

Our bed was clean and comfortable however the room was not. The walls and light switches were grotty, our sink in the bathroom was blocked and the fridge in the room was broken. Darwin is not flushed with great places to stay and I would think twice before staying here even though it is probably one of the newer and better hotels. The buffet breakfast was also horrible with a really slow turn over of food making most of it dry or cold.

The location was great for families with restaurants, playground and large pool out the front.

• Aqua View Room

Small bathrooms with shower over bath. Dangerous and squidgy. Could not connect to internet without a massive exercise at reception going into my computer. Room cleaning was limits to making the bed and changing the towels. No dirty cups removed and replaced and ironing board left up.

Location and facilities - restaurants on the wharf accessible and lovely.

• Aqua View Room

The aircon was too cold and complicated to adjust. For that price we should have had a balcony. Dirty wine glasses. $15 parking fee. No robes. No water jug. Called room service for champagne glasses and an ice bucket and had to go and collect ourselves. Tripped in loose carpet in hallway. Body wash was only half full. Expensive wet season rate for Territorians - not value for money!

comfortable bed Great location Bacon at breakfast was cooked perfectly

• Standard Room

We had small brown ants in our room. This could be a tropical thing but they may need to fumergate.

We were comfortable and is a good location but we have returned and are staying at Adina apartments in the same complex and prefer them.

• Standard Room

Fan was broken in the bathroom and as a long weekend wasn"t fixed and was reported to hotel staff.

Great location on the water front in Darwin. Great staff after problems with me losing my wallet on the way to the hotel. Good price for parking for 2 nights at a hotel. Easy access to all the food outlets and great in -house menu to pick from.

• Standard Room

I think the security needs to be increased. For example you should have to use your Room Card when travelling in the lifts so unwanted strangers cannot enter the Hotel and walk around between floors.

I stay at this Hotel every time I am in Darwin which is usually around four times a Year. The staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the Hotel is in an excellent area. It is surrounded by other eating places and just a short walk to town for extra shopping items if required.

• Standard Room - Territory Special

Asked for connecting rooms as my children are too young to stay in a room entirely by themselves. Was given rooms next door to each other, not connecting. When I queried the request regarding adjoining rooms, for which I had received an email reply to tell me that the request had been granted, I was told that the rooms were as requested. Obviously we have different ideas on what adjoining means. I entered a search criteria of a family room with children aged 5 & 7, I really don’t understand why the hotel would appear in the search as suitable accommodation if they only had separate rooms available.

n/a

The location of the hotel is in a prime position. The Staff are very friendly and helpful. Next trip to Darwin The Vibe is the place for my family, won't think of going anywhere else.

• Standard Room - Territory Special

Lack of information given by staff and in room information booklet. Decided to eat in so called restaurant and after going there i was told i would have to eat outside because they were getting ready for a buffet dinner. There was a storm and it was raining and blowing madly outside. My option was order to order room service at restaurant then go back to my room. Not happy at all. There are many other restaurants nearby but it was raining and no dry access

Not a great deal but room was clean and staff were pleasant

• Standard Room - Territory Special

Being in our late 70s we found it very difficult to use the shower over the bath. When you have hip and knee problems you need a walk in shower

We loved the position on the waterfront close to everything

• Standard Room

The initial room booked was not what I’d requested and the new room had noise issues with Air conditioning. The final room was perfect

The staff were very helpful in dealing with an issue we had and upgraded us

• Standard Room

Toilet leaked, a thumping noise all night in the barthroom Bed was uncomfortable and not enough coffee and tea, only small coffee cups

Waterfront location

• Standard Room

Front desk staff were hopeless, missled us about the cost of parking our rental car, tried to charge us for food we didnt have were not helpful at all ,the pool area was very mossy and looked unclean

Location was great, rooms were well serviced and clean

• Standard Room

Pillow we’re very uncomfortable Breakfast was boring Front desk staff very unfriendly Had lots of issues with car park exiting, and staff not helpful or apologetic for it

The power sockets and USB sockets on each side of the bed. All hotels should have these.

• Standard Room

We have stayed here 3 years ago and the hotel is showing a lot of wear and tear and public areas not as clean as should be. We arrive the day after a cyclone and Darwin had a lot of tree damage etc and we thought the bar/restaurant was closed as not attempt had be made to sweep and clean the outside seating area and all glass doors were closed up. Also the hallways appeared not to,be vacuumed regularly.

Good location nice nice restaurants, Stokes Wharf, transport and the outlook over the water and park very nice

• Standard Room

The roomservice was poor and not good value and the breakfast was poorly serviced cold and not ready for 6:30 service. Room service staff was lovely.

• Standard Room

Staff named Eric at the reception, agreed to give me the same rate when I spoke to him during night time before we would like to extend another night. But in the morning when I was about to pay he said I can’t have the same rate as it changed to 2hundred something not the same rate I was having. And 2rooms left and people paid it ahead. What a fail customer service is that. He is in a hospitality busines espcially in times of Cyclone calamity no power at home and I have 10year old child with me. I will never recommend this hotel ever.

• Standard Room - Territory Special

My room was right at the end of a very long corridor. Most rooms seemed to be empty, and I was disappointed that I hadn't been allocated a room closer to lifts, restaurants etc. I walked miles during my stay!¬

• Standard Room - Territory Special

Was told had late check out at 1pm, but after coming back from our breakfast around 11am to collect our baggage we were locked out??!!! We had to go down to the foyer to have new keys cut to enter the room! This was inconvenient....

Comfort and location

• Standard Room - Territory Special

Parking cost $90 for 5 nights, which is excessive. Unlimited wifi is not free. Some signs of wear and tear in corridors and room.

Location is good with access to the CBD and waterfront area and wharf.

• Aqua View Room - Territory Special

Shower seemed to be Luke warm at best.

Location provided easy access to shops and city. Nice place to walk around after work as it is near the harbour with lots of interesting things to see.

• Aqua View Room - Territory Special

Although we had late check out we were locked out, staff fixed issue as soon as we made it known No movies No device charging ports Driving up car park to sixth floor

Comfy bed and pillows Bathroom Lighting

• Standard Room - Territory Special

Free wifi is actually limited to 1MBPS which is really slow. Advertised parking was actually $15 per day. A continental breakfast thought to be included was actually $19 per day. Quite disappointing

• Standard Room

No cleaning for duration of stay. Had to chase cleaning staff for towels and supplies.No washing detergent, dishcloth or tea towel to wash cups,etc.Had to empty own bins and take to cleaning staff and to get replacement bags.This was ok but we should have been notified on checking that there would be no cleaning of rooms during stay.

Location Cleaners were happy to supply towels, etc when asked

• Standard Room

I'd requested a lagoon view room - I thought all lagoon view rooms had balconies, but I was wrong. We had the view - from a locked window, no balcony :-( Perhaps that could have been mentioned to me when I rang to request that. It cost an extra $50 a night to stay on that side!

Comfortable beds and bedding. A great location.

• Standard Room

Prepaid breakfasts had to be paid again. Constantly there were problems with leaving from the prepaid parking.

Ideal location, clean room, friendly staff

• Standard Room

We were situation in room 420 which was right opposite the lift. It also happens that our room was right below the skywalk which connects the Waterfront to the main township. We had a restless couple of nights with people walking, running and god knows what else they were doing on the bridge. Not to mention the noisy people coming in and out of the lift. There was no sound proofing so we heard everything from 4am until early morning. Not impressed!!!

The location was close to the waterfront and restaurants.

• Standard Room - Territory Special

The long corridor walk to the room every time we went out. Thumping footsteps from floor above early (still dark time) in the morning and during the late evening.

Nice quiet dark room when I needed it during the day. Nice and bright and sunny, also when I wanted it.

• Aqua View Room

Rooms needed refurbishment. Bathrooms disappointing.. shower in the bath tub. Very slippery. Pool also disappointing - no tropical ambience. No atmosphere

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful . Loved the Darwin Waterfront

Nil

The hotel honored an offer made through electronic communication, and provided breakfast each day free of charge. The person on the front desk possessed excellent people skills and made the process of checking-in and checking-out a pleasurable experience.

• Standard Room - Territory Special

I booked the hotel to have a relaxing start to a long trip. Being more expensive and having a higher rating, i did assume there would be movie channels or at least more tv channels. When I went to order room service there was no menu in the room so i found one online, when I called and asked about it she said it was right, but as soon as I placed my order she abruptly said 'no, what are you looking at that's wrong'. She then said she would have a menu sent to me but was laughing at me on the phone and was very unprofessional.

Fast WiFi. Great location right next to the enclosed beach ans wave pool, and easy to walk to town.

• Standard Room

Musky smelling room and dirty cups and glasses. Room smelled like sweat. Dirty and smelly pillow. A glass and a cup both got lipstick marks on them

Location and friendly service

• Aqua View Room - Territory Special

I was expecting more for the money I paid , i have stayed in better accommodation for the same money. The rooms were very average . There was no were to park your car, so you had to pay $15 for one night in the car park next door. could you imagine staying for a week. The Hall ways stuck. I wouldn't stay there again.

The staff were nice .

• Aqua View Room - Territory Special

Having to pay extra for parking.

This hotel has improved over the years. The room was clean and uncluttered. The location is amazing and close to very good eating establishments with a variety of very good food.

• Standard Room - Territory Special

Strange carpark - park on level 6 for easy access to hotel, but you'll need to access it from level 4 of the hotel. And be careful which lifts or access doors you use because it is easy to get lost.

Fantastic location, great views!

• Standard Room

AC unit cannot be turned off in the room. It was cold at night. Also in my room the AC unit made a loud noise all night long. The next day I aske and obtained ti change the room. The swimming area in front of the hotel is actually a closed lagoon and the water is not clean. The hotel is not provided with tables where you can eat your own food or work at the pc, etc

Staff is very gentle, helped to fix problems.

• Aqua View Room

1st room had 2 single beds placed together which led to a bad back. Staff were able to swap to a room with a regular Queen bed which was great. Also for the price i would have expected breakfast & parking to be included

Staff were helpful and pleasant

• Standard Room

Booked the room for the day as we had a long stopover, this met the brief gave us somewhere to relax rather than hanging around at the airport. Good value for money $80 a night.

• Standard Room - Territory Special

In our confirmation email it said parking was $10 per day but when we arrived they said $15 when asked about it he said it changed that day .... really should have got quoted rate

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Standard Room

Counter staff on check in hopeless and rude. Staff need training. Room not ready and had multiple problems with bed, lights, air con-manager unhelpful and failed too act.

OK room but long walk

• Standard Room - Territory Special

The pillows and bed were uncomfortable. We had to walk from the carpark through down into the esplanade to access the hotel - not sure why there is not access from the carpark station. Makes it difficult with luggage. The staff were not friendly. We had a late checkout but not only were we woken up to a fire alarm the cleaners also vaccumed outside our room and hit the walls in the room next to us and woke us very early. We would have been better catching a taxi home as we would have been able to sleep in - our own children do not make this much noise.

• Standard Room - Territory Special

Most of the after ten room service menu was unavailable.

I chose it for it's location and it was perfect after a night out at the waterfront to just walk upstairs.

• Standard Room

We had no control over adjusting the air conditioning in our room but that’s also understandable given the weather conditions in Darwin

The bed & pillows were comfy & the room was a good size (no tripping over suitcases). The fridge was a good size & nice & cold. The towels were lovely & fluffy & toiletries, toilet paper & tissues were topped up or replaced each day. The view from our room was great even though we were on Level 1

Service cleanliness value

They didnt honor booking.com Genius rewards!😡 Stayed for ourvwedding night and not honoring the genius rewards may mean we wont stay there again.

• Standard Room

Not good management,We arrived at midnight & got up the next day to do a few things in town. Came back to the Adina vibe & their were work members in our room. Their was a letter in the room,as I said the person at the front desk, who is going to read a letter at midnight when you have been traveling all night. They should have inform us a pond arrival.

• Standard Room

The restaurant in particular seemed overpriced, however other options were available nearby.

Great location to access the convention centre and water parks.

• Standard Room - Territory Special

Not great instructions on how the car park interacted with the hotel - ended up going the long way around. Not clear instructions on how to get to the convention centre - "it's right there" - but with construction "right there" still involves a bit of a walk around.

Bed comfortable

Leaving

My stay at the Vibe was just wonderful everyone was so helpful and friendly I recommend this hotel, it’s walking distance to town and the waterfront.

• Standard Room

The pool didn't look very inviting and had some visible black spot in places..

The property was so central, we walked everywhere and used the super, people friendly, public transport..We loved it so much, the staff were fantastic, rooms were terrific and clean..We'll be back to stay again, in the not too distant future..

Nothing much

The location was excellent, access to restaurant's and cafe's was a bonus. The food was generally very good, and the fruit provided at breakfast was wonderful.

• Aqua View Room - Territory Special

Staff were a little pushy for check out. As part of the deal out booking included a late check out of 1pm. Cleaning knocked twice to clean the room & reception called to see what time we are checking out. Seemed to be a little disconnected with communication between staff.

• Standard Room

Room was a little small and we looked onto the road, I would recommend you ask for a harbour view

Awesome location close to shops and restaurants. Staff very helpful with helping us organise activities

• Standard Room

My experience was somewhat underwhelming. I booked a double room requesting two single beds. Upon arrival in my room I found a king bed. I returned to reception to request two single beds to be told by the staff that I should have booked two beds. I was not impressed with this comment as it was clearly requested in my booking info. When we opened the fridge to look for milk to make a cup of tea we found a cola can had exploded in the fridge leaving a disgusting mess. So disappointing that housecleaning did not see this before our arrival. We reported the situation to an attendant who enquirer about our mini bar. Later the second day after our room had been cleaned we made another cup of tea and found a new carton of milk and yet the fridge had not been cleaned. This is very disappointing and quite disgusting. We were also forced to share teabags as they were not replenished after cleaning. The signs in the bathrooms ask us to help preserve water by hanging towels as an indication of whether we want them replaced. Although we hung our towels each day they were replaced during every cleaning session. This is not a good look for their so called environmentally friendly position. Unfortunately I am unlikely to recommend Adina Vibe to my family and friends which is disappointing as the position of the hotel is ideal for visitors to Darwin.

Requested 3 single beds and arrived to 1 king size and a single. Used soap in the shower. 2 towels supplied in a 3 person room. Terrible outlook despite booking months in advance.

• Standard Room

Poor service in restaurant, plenty others to choose from within walking distance.

Great location, for restaurants access to Darwin city, entertainment. Very comfortable bed, great aircon.

Browse Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront traveller photo gallery