Reviews of Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne 4.5 stars

630 Little Collins Street, 3000 Melbourne, Australia

#43 of 169 hotels in Melbourne

Great location, very comfortable beds
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

The lighting in the room is not very functional. With only bed side lights in the main room, it is quite dark to pack up a suitcase, unlock a case and find items in your luggage. I had to use my phone torch to be able to see items in my bag and unlock my case. The soft lighting may create ambience but is not very functional. The check in experience could have been quicker, particularly late at night after a long flight and the lift was very slow to arrive to the reception floor. Only one lift was working the morning of our departure.

The location is across the road from Southern Cross Rail Station is excellent for taking the Skybus to or from Melbourne Airport, or taking Vline trains and buses. It is only a short (and free) tram ride to Burke Street mall and CBD shopping area. The bed and pillows are very comfortable and appreciated after a long flight from overseas. We also appreciated the kettle and tea making facilities in the room. The bathroom is good. There are a couple of quite good pubs and cafes close by. The bar within the hotel is very relaxing with good service.

Ok...not great...we will it be saying there again..
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

Breakfast staff were very unwelcoming...

I was expecting more from this hotel. I believe it got the basic wrong...no sugar in the hotel room, room fridge was not on, breakfast staff could smile and say hello and they were not helpful. At breakfast, the signage was not clear ie Saugues...no sign if they pork, beef, etc.

Great place to stay
    • Savoy Twin Guestroom

Only 1 arm chair in a Queen room and no full length mirror however small inconveniences everything else was great.

Convenient location, comfortable beds, hot shower and good buffet breakfast.

Great hotel in a great location at a great price.
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

You have to ask for proper coffee and pay for it in the morning at breakfast, over machine heated instant. Lets a great breakfast buffet down.Otherwise great selection plenty of it and newspapers etc.

This is a great hotel in a great convenient location at a reasonable price. Modernised and restored in the art deco style is still has a boutique hotel feel but everything in the rooms is really well thought out. The little touches like USB ports beside the bed and sockets to plug recharges etc in are all conveniently located. Bathrooms well equipped and everything worked.

Always efficient & friendly staff
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

Always efficient & friendly staff Bar is Cosy & very handy for a quiet drink before going out . Loved our room 718 View of Docklands Pencil my name on the Door 🤓

Incredible
    • Plaza King Guestroom

Loved everything about the stay. Usually go to Crown every year but this was better than crown in my opinion. It was my boyfriends birthday and the reception wrote a card with some complimentary beers for him. Best experience and will definately be back soon

Comfortable, great location and value for money.
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

very comfortable room, loved the bathroom. had an amazing espresso martini in the bar, and the fish and chips meal ordered in the bar was delicious. location is perfect - very close to southern cross station and comfortable walk to many parts of the city. Wifi was excellent, and liked the multiple USB ports on at least 2 power points. Personalised hello on the TV was cute!

Close to everything
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

Bathroom was a tad smaller than what I thought from pictures, but still really nice

The bed! Nice and big, very comfortable. Aircon worked well, mini bar was excellent.

Bed was so comfy, buffet breakfast had lots of options and...
    • Plaza King Guestroom

Bed was so comfy, buffet breakfast had lots of options and good coffee. The room was big and spacious. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Great location too and not noisy considering where we were located.

We have stayed before & will again.
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

On arrival in our car, I would have expected staff to assist in unloading, rather than have to go inside find a suitable trolley to load luggage & bring inside ourselves.

Rooms was good with great view over Spencer Street.Have stayed before & will again.

Great location - especially arriving on the skybus from the...
    • Savoy Twin Guestroom

Great location - especially arriving on the skybus from the airport. Easy walk or tram access to everything. Newly renovated - love the Art Deco style - very quiet rooms - stylish foyer and bar area - will definitely stay again.

Beautiful hotel rooms
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

Costs of food and beverages were rather off-putting.

Excellent location especially if you need to catch a train early in the morning - immediately across from the Southern Cross Station. Rooms are well decorated and comfortable.

Perfect for families

Staff outstanding. Before booking online I called to get their advise on best room options for large family with children. They couldn’t have been more helpful. Upon checking in they even allowed us to inspect the rooms which were adjoined by a door in the middle (great for kids to come through) to ensure it was suitable. Everything was clean, spacious and quiet. Really felt comfortable in this central location.

Laura (maybe Lauren?) was the first point of contact for...
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

Laura (maybe Lauren?) was the first point of contact for this establishment at the reception. She provided acceptional customer service and went out of her way to make our stay pleasant by allowing early check in. I would return to this hotel based just on the service I received.

Great location to explore the city and close to convention...
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

TV did not work initially in the room but we were swapped to another room. The room had two single beds pushed together which was annoying.

Great location to explore the city and close to convention centre and Casino. The rooms were comfortable and clean.

I was very pleased with my stay. Staff were accommodating and efficient.
    • Savoy Twin Guestroom

I found nothing to worry about.

The Vibe is so close to Southern Cross station it was easy for me to catch a skybus the following morning. I was also pleased to be able to have room service for dinner as I was travelling alone and didn't want to have to go out.

A great business trip made all the more enjoyable by the service provided at Vibe Hotel
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

My in room breakfast order was not collected the night before even though I had left it out around 10pm (cutoff time was 3am). The staff were very apologetic and provided complimentary breakfast was excellent customer service

Room layout and design, as well as comfort and friendliness of staff. Location was ideal for getting around especially with the train station directly across from the hotel. Perfect for short trips with DFO directly across the road.

great stay and will be back
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

the rooms have been done up , USB and power points on both sides of the bed , more room than before , a better stand to put luggage top and bottom , new tv that is on the wall which gives you more space , new taps and toilet with soft close seat , new cupboards . staff friendly

The staff at reception were efficient, professional and...
    • Plaza King Guestroom

The staff at reception were efficient, professional and helpful. The room was comfortable and spacious and being across the road from Southern Cross Station made transport options very easy and accessible. I was very happy with my stay here and would come back.

A good hotel that met all our requirements.
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

We were happy with our stay.

The staff were friendly and the room was quiet and nicely appointed. Liked the Art Deco style. Biggest bonus for us however, was that it is across the road from Southern Cross Station where we had an early departure the following morning.

Great price for an emergency booking, this is my top pick for future visits
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

Décor is Art Deco, in keeping with the building. It's a lovely theme, carried off with style. The rooms are elegant and welcoming. Bed was very comfortable. Excellent lighting levels and controls, it was easy to make the room dark enough for a soothing sleep experience, with enough light when needed. Bathroom excellent - very stylish fittings, walk-in shower was the best. This last-minute booking was at an extraordinarily reasonable price. The location is brilliant too.

Convenient hotel, food delicious, I'll stay again due to location
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

Check-in staff OK (not very helpful), TV in room 802 was hard to use (volume control very tricky to operate)

Very good location, great food from room service

The Vibe was perfect for our needs.
    • Savoy Twin Guestroom

Getting into the bath for a shower was a bit awkward for us.

The room was spacious and clean. Beds were comfortable. Staff were very friendly. As we were travelling by train the location was perfect and we were able to leave our bags in the baggage room before and after our check in.

We enjoyed our short stay heaps.

Can't think of anything.

Enjoyed our stay & think that it was great to be offered the option of helping the environment too with the retention of linen for the stay.

I didnt like dinner (ham and cheese sandwich was ok chips...
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

I didnt like dinner (ham and cheese sandwich was ok chips were awful) also the small bottles of water at least should be free for that amount of money a night

Excellent stay, my partner and I loved it.
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

I can’t think of anything it lacked. It had everything needed for a comfortable and pleasant stay.

Central location, clean rooms, efficient service, it had everything we wanted. Great restaurant and breakfast facilities.

Reliable choice in Melbourne
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

It is a bit of a walk to restaurants

We stay here when we are spending a day in Melbourne before flying out. It is conveniently located near Southern Cross Train Station and next to airport bus station.

Great location, really nice clean room.
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

I had an issue with a charge on my credit card, it was resolved, but it took a few emails to get there. All in all though, we enjoyed our stay.

Great location, really nice clean room.

This is the second time we have stayed here and we enjoyed it both times.
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

One staff member Ingrid on reception was very short with us when I realised I had forgotten to bring my credit card. When I offered a cash deposit for the mini-bar (which I knew I wouldn't use) she was rude and basically told me I couldn't check in without a credit card and I should have read the information on Booking.com. I did read the information but I was travelling with an excited 4 year old and simple forgot the card that I needed. She didn't have to be so rude about it.

Nice hotel, but very bad for noise.
    • Savoy Twin Guestroom

There is no sound proofing in the rooms. I do not recommend this hotel if you are not a heavy sleeper. We were in a twin room, which is a narrow room and you hear the conversations, phone ringing, wake-up calls, hair dryer, doors banging... from the rooms on either side. Cleaners vacuuming at 7.50am in the morning on early room check-outs was also very disruptive. During the weekdays there was room shaking jack-hammering throughout the day. There is a construction site next to the hotel that may have been responsible. During our stay I spoke to reception on four occasions about our concerns about noise, and just got apologies. Came home sleep deprived from our Melbourne holiday!

The location was very good next to the Train Station and SkyBus, so very handy if flying in. The rooms were nicely styled, if a little on the small size. The staff were friendly and polite. If you are not concerned by noise, this is a good hotel to stay in at a reasonable price.

I know it will be clean and comfortable with friendly staff.
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

Not finding anything to comment on that I didn't like.

Stay here on a regular bases because it is in such a handy location. Clean, comfortable able to have a wind down drink after travelling can also sit out side a have a quick cigarette if need be.

Hotel was modern and in a great location!
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

My partner checked in during the afternoon and got their room key card separately said that the afternoon staff wasn't quite as on the ball, I think maybe someone was being trained? But on giving them their room key card, my room key card no longer worked.

Hotel was modern and in a great location! I arrived early in the morning after a red eye and asked if any rooms were available early. Unfortunately there weren't, so I asked if I could at least borrow a face towel to freshen up, and he kindly obliged. Later I saw an elderly women get a room early, so I had hope once more. I left my number and went to get breakfast . When I came back, the shift had to changed and the lady who helped me, I think her name was Emily, was very kind. She said she could get me a room priority cleaned since people had checked out, and it would be ready within the hour. She came over to where I was sitting to set me up with wifi and magazines while I waited. Thank you Emily! All in all great service from the morning staff!

The room was very big, large desk lots of room and the bathroom was big too.
    • Savoy Twin Guestroom

It was fine, but , the first day (we stayed three nights) they didn't clean the loo and didn't replace any of the face washers. Just a bit grubby and lack of attention to detail. And then the 2nd day the room wasn't cleaned till 4 pm. Again, not as good as it could be.

Will definately stay with you again. The location is so very handy to transport.
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

It was all good. Nothing springs to mind that could have made our stay any better.

The bed was fantastic to sleep in. The room was well appointed. Could have done with an extra chair so two people could sit at the little table.

Professional, well managed hotel, friendly, efficient staff, excellent location = an enjoyable stay.
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

Minor quibble was that long black coffee from machine at breakfast seemed a bit bland, although it appeared beans were being freshly ground The cappuccino I tried next was fine. Most disappointing aspect of my stay was that my room did not have a bath or shower over bath as I expected (having entered this in search criteria) but the shower was also good: hot water, very clean and reasonably sized. Given I booked at last minute I was very happy with the room.

Breakfast was excellent, nice venue, quiet, comfortable. Although there weren't many guests when I ate,there was a generous choice of fruit, yoghurt, Bircher muesli, pastries, toast as well as hot foods: sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs and hash browns. Choice of 3 newspapers also good. My was very comfortable. I liked the height (9th floor) and being able to look across to Southern Cross station. I was able to leave my luggage with concierge for most of day without charge. The room was quiet and I heard very little outside noise. Although I didn't use it the room service menu had some tempting options and didn't seem exorbitantly priced for food offered.

Comfortable and relaxing
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

A bit more attention to detail in bathroom required. Upon arrival No one wants to see stray hairs on it around the toilet or shower that aren’t there’s

The pillows, the bed and the location were perfect.

Great staff and modern room
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

Could hear the room next door having a party- only found out tea was available but hidden In a wardrobe on the last day

Modern and clean and friendly staff who accommodated our early arrival

Fanastic Hotel, convenient location
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

A complimentary bottle of water or two on arrival wouldn’t have gone amiss but not a big deal.

We loved our stay. Everything was so clean, the room was massive and the location great for anyone catching the train or going to the airport. The rooms had been refurbished since we last stayed and the bathroom was lovely and modern.

Great location within Melbourne.
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

There was nothing I didn’t like about the stay.

Room was recently renovated. Really well presented. Clean and spacious. Great view from the top floor. Staff were friendly. Great location in the city. Value for money. This was our second stay and we were not disappointed. Would recommend this hotel to any who wanted to stay within the CBD.

staff really helpful and the bed great
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

Gym could open earlier, heat in rooms hard to moderate and not enough power outlets in the bedroom to charge phone and iron etc

staff really helpful and the bed great

The rooms have recently been updated and exceed expectations
    • Superior King Room

Floor gym was on was life a massive storage area, and wasn't inviting. Breakfast was underwhelming and not worth the cost.

The rooms have recently been updated and exceed expectations

Enjoyable as ever.
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

A pool would be nice, but I understand that it would be difficult to retrofit one into in a heritage era property that was not designed with one in the first place.

The location is extremely convenient for those of us coming in from rural areas by train. The service and facilities are very good.

Half renovated/half tired hotel in great location
    • Plaza King Guestroom

We paid for an Executive King room. When we went into our room, it was a dirty, tired queen bed room on the second floor of the hotel. I went back to the check in desk and said that there had been a mistake as we had ordered a King Room. The girl at the desk said that for guests who had booked through booking.com there were system issues with the type of room booking and to compensate us they had "upgraded us". I explained that this room was definitely not an upgrade as it was a Queen room, not a King. Eventually they upgraded us to one of the much nicer, renovated King rooms on the top floor and gave us complimentary breakfast (which was average) and some free drinks for the issues which was nice. Be careful as some of the hotel has been renovated and is really nice but some of it is old, tired and dirty looking so it depends on which room you get!

The bed was really comfy and had cosy sheets. We stayed in a renovated room which was very modern and clean. Excellent location, very close to Southern Cross station and public transport.

Nice hotel opposite train station and well located for town...
    • Savoy Twin Guestroom

Minor issue: air con wasn't very effective but room was fine despite 30C outside

Nice hotel opposite train station and well located for town and riverside.

wont stay again
    • Savoy Twin Guestroom

decor old, bathroom sooo old and small

i must of been put in an old room, everything was dated and the tile stuck to my foot and lifted right off the floor in the bathroom. everything was old = did not reflect the image they used for my booking. they did not tell me id be in an older room. Not great value.

Nice 👌🏻

All good

Always stay my there while attending Melbourne Arnold sports festival Great comfortable and friendly place to stay Have stayed there since on that every since 2015 and look forward to staying there next year 👍🏻

Great stay in Melbourne
    • Savoy Twin Guestroom

Staff were welcoming on arrival. We were given an upgrade and this was a pleasant surprise as this was out first time at this location. Rooms were clean and spacious. Even with the location near Southern Cross Station, noise was minimal. I would gladly stay there again.

Staff at main desk could have been a lot more helpful with...
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

Staff at main desk could have been a lot more helpful with travelling around the city , locations of highlights, letting us know about free trams in the city

Good hotel in great location.
    • Plaza King Guestroom

The bar was under staffed and it was quite a wait for food and drink service. I think they underestimated the crowd from the concert at Etihad so probably not usually an issue and the staff were apologetic about the wait.

Fantastic location, right near Southern Cross Station. We were going to Etihad Stadium and it is a very short walk. Lovely older style hotel.

Great hotel in great city location - but leave your car at home to save $$$
    • Savoy Twin Guestroom

The $45 per night parking charge - additional to our room rate and not mentioned until we arrived - would have been good to know about ahead of time.

comfy beds, ideal inner city location and an easy walk from Docklands entertainment area.

Pretty expensive for one night. My husband had always wanted to stay here.
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

The toilet was dirty🙁 I was annoyed that I had paid for the room and then charged $45 for parking! If we had have been told we would have parked ourself!

The bed was so comfy! We really only slept and left, next time we will stay longer.

Fresh, modern, spacious, spotless room in a perfect location.

Everything was perfect.

The room was modern and spacious and spotless. I had a view over Southern Cross Station and could see the star wheel from my window. Comfortable beds and everything was just perfect.

Location convenient, might stay again
    • Superior King Room

Tradies working on the floor below at 7am on a public holiday. So we left at 8.30, didn’t get to enjoy the 11am check out. Could have waved the car park fee knowing how disappointed we were

Room and location

Ideally located and would definitely stay again!
    • Superior King Room

There was nothing about our stay not to like!

The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was spotlessly clean. The room had everything we needed for a cozy, pleasant stay. The buffet breakfast was lovely and the price was great value and really competitive.

Overpriced average room. Good location for events at Etihad stadium.
    • The Richardson Loft

The room was completely over priced for what we got. Obviously the rates sky rocketed for the Labour Day long weekend. But even so there is no way I would pay this money again. The only reason we did was for the location to Etihad for a concert. Otherwise there is much nicer places to stay for cheaper. Dinner at the bar downstairs was also fairly average.

We were travelling with a 6 month old and the hotel had arranged a high chair for our room without even asking. These small things make travelling with a baby much nicer!

Not the best experience. Was our 21 years anniversary and we were let down
    • Superior King Room

Breakfast was poor ,waiting in eggs, coffee, not efficient with food being replaced. Asking for cutlery never got it .very disappointed with service .

Great place to stay for a short stay in Melbourne.
    • Savoy Twin Guestroom

Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. After you get off the skybus just cross the street, dump your bag at the hotel and your holiday begins straight away.

Comfortable bed
    • Savoy Twin Guestroom

No English Breakfast tea bag or normal coffee - only decaf sachets provided and the only tea was green or peppermint Cost of car parking was far too expensive

Comfortable bed

Overall it was a fair stay. While the room was quite poky, the bed was comfortable.
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

The room was very small and poky - fortunately we weren't spending a lot of time in the room except to sleep; the furnishings were very dated, we weren't advised on when breakfast was available until so almost missed out (and there was no information in the room on this that we could find)

The bed was comfortable, the restaurant staff were very accommodating and the croissants were delicious!!

Was really nice on walk in
    • Superior King Room

We paid an extra $50 for late check out and had the cleaner walk straight in before we checked out and got disturbed by another staff member not impressed much

Was really nice on walk in

Good for a night stopover
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

Hotel was tied and in need of an update rooms small and air conditioning very very poor.

Handy for travel and close to train station. Good restaurants in the area and a few late night takeaways.

Very nice place to stay
    • Superior King Room

Very nice and clean room, loved the bathroom décor. Location is convenient if you travel from the airport by SkyBus, it's a 2mins walk from where it stops. A bit further away from shopping/nightlife, but it was ok.

It was fine
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

We wanted to order in room breakfast but you only had one chair and a desk that could not be moved so there was no point eating in if we had no where to sit!

Comfort, location, quality
    • Savoy Twin Guestroom

It's my second stay. I preferred the first room where I had a room with an external window. This time I had a room looking into the internal light well and it provided no privacy unless I closed the curtains.

The room was spacious and the bed wide and comfortable. Location near Spencer St station is excellent. I love the décor - art deco - and all the fittings and furnishings are of excellent quality.

Very very comfortable, I don’t get surprised by hotels, but this one did.

The bar could be open later nothing in the area for food or drink after 10:30pm

We travel a lot, The Hotel exceeded our expectations, we used the Hotel as a stopover after a flight, we stayed at this hotel as it exactly opposite Southern Cross Station, we need to catch an early morning train.

Great place to stay in Melbourne
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

Every morning around 7.30am we were woken by renovating type noises which appeared to be coming from the room next door or one directly above.

Great position opposite Southern Cross Station. Also tram stops right outside. It’s our second stay there and we will stay there again next time!

Good central place to stay.
    • Queen Room

No instructions as to how to manage the TV; only barest cutlery, cups etc. No information as to where close dining facilities were; generally barest provisions. Make clear to guests that water in fridge in room is not FREE.

Comfortable, quiet location

I liked the room was more spacious than we expected.
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

We used minibar quite often and they didn’t always refill it. Also we had a beer sometimes, the roomservice wouldn’t wash the glasses, also it took two days to take away the dishes from the food we ordered . But otherwise everything was nice and clean

I liked the room was more spacious than we expected. Also the design looks nicer in reality, too. I loved our stay, that is a wonderful, clean and cosy hotel!

Wonderful place to stay while visiting Melbourne
    • Savoy Twin Guestroom

We enjoyed the newly furbished rooms, the beds were very comfortable. Location was excellent if you were travelling by train or car. Close to all CBD facilities and shopping. We found the reception staff most helpful in advising us for good places to eat and things to do.

On check in (which was pretty late) I was immediately asked...
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

Wifi dropped out a little bit (that's really all I could think of!!)

On check in (which was pretty late) I was immediately asked if I'd like a late check out (at no cost) which was a nice touch. Room was beautifully kitted out and the bathroom was one of the cleanest I've seen! Bed comfy, amenities nice and the room was exceptionally quiet considering the location. Lovely staff. Would definitely stay again.

Overall I enjoyed my stay, 2 nights is always better though. I like 1100 checkout & bags at receptio
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

Whoops, answered that in previous comment. I don't like any extra lights, ie red light on TV, but we blocked that out.

Bed comfortable, partner friend snored, but you can't be blamed for that. only negative was light under door, which I blocked with clothing.

Great location, service was great we were able to check in...
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

Breakfast at the restaurant was very ordinary and over priced for what was provided, wouldn’t eat there again

Great location, service was great we were able to check in straight on arrival and rooms were very good

An enjoyable stay at a very convenient location.
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

The lighting was a bit too "soft" and I would have liked a central light as well as the bed lamps. There was quite a large step into and out of the shower.

The position suited my reason for being in Melbourne. The room was quiet,clean and comfortable.I ordered room service and it was delivered promptly and was most enjoyable.

Friendly and comfortable and met all my expectations.
    • Savoy Queen Guestroom

There was a half empty bottle of mineral water left in the tea making facilities cupboard - so I had to take the time to make sure they didn't charge me for it. Should have been taken by the staff that do the rooms.

Great pillows and bed was perfect. Friendly and efficient welcoming staff. Quiet rooms. A pleasant experience. Lift was quick and no noise. Clean throughout.

ok
    • Superior King Room

There was no indication on the website that they were renovating and we were woken very early by the sound of a drill below out bed. Therefore would suggest people check before booking and ask for a room away from the construction. Also note that they are builiding an apartment building next to the hotel (no workers on the day we were there) and this may also add to the noise factor so you may want to ask the hotel to keep you away from that side of the hotel if you are a light sleeper. Its a pity that their resturant is not actually in use for dinner or coffee later in the day as the space is great.

Although being renovated is does seem to have lost some of its shine compared with a few years ago. Location is great if catching a train or skybus.