Reviews of Watermark Hotel & Spa 4.5 stars

3032 Surfers Paradise Boulevard, Surfers' Paradise, 4217 Gold Coast, Australia

#48 of 128 hotels in Gold Coast

• Premier Suite

There were no curtains in the bedroom, just wooden blinds that didnt stop any light during the night or day.

Location great, staff very friendly, buffet breakfast great, suite was amazing, would definitely stay here again!

• Superior Twin Room

Air conditioner didnt work real good... I like cool sleeping conditions... It was too hot.

Clean & roomy enough.. night view was nice... Staff was nice & friendly

• Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

I had notified in my booking no feathered bedding but they hadn’t seen the notice but they did remedy it immediately but I did suffer from my allergies because of that

Staff were very friendly and nothing was ever an issue very prompt with any requests. The chef and staff at the buffet were exceptionally friendly and obliging

• Premier Suite

The only down side was the shower - water pressure wasn’t great unfortunately. A minor inconvenience though compared to the rest of our lovely stay.

The premier sweet was absolutely stunning. The spa bath view overlooking the ocean was so nice and felt like such a nice luxury. Stuff were really kind. Great position in surfers. Cannot day enough good things about it.

• Superior King Room

Rooms were quite comfy and big, location is great and view, check in was very quick and easy. Dinner at the restaurant was excellent too and great staff.

• Superior Twin Room

Hotel service was non existent. There is Nothing in the room in the way of a mini bar. Not even a bottle or jug of water. I requested some ice and 2 wine glasses for the room. I was told it would cost $5 to bring it up or I could get it myself.

The shower water pressure was good and HOT. It was very clean. Great location.

• Superior King Room

That two single beds were put together to make a double which I didn’t like, there was only one lamp on one side of the bed

The location was great but the hotel service and the rooms were average and quite bare

• Superior Twin Room

You had to pay for wi-fi and car parking. Most places these days include wi-fi and car parking. It was ok as we were only there one night, however it would have been quite expensive to pay for both for a longer stay.

One of the barman downstairs could do with a little customer service training

Great beds, central location, everything is very clean and wonderful views

It was alright

I wasn’t happy about on charges for beak fast car park and even to have wifi I and tv channels in the room is a bit poor when you are already spending around 700 bucks

• Superior King Room

No free movies movies @ $3.98 for old movies Wi-Fi is $5 a day no water bottles in the room but come at a cost Parking @ $20.00 a day food is overpriced not enough security to keep the drunks out from coming in from the tram station at front door. who are loud and swear obnoxious and smell from not washing for days

Ease of access to other restaurants and attractions

• Superior Twin Room

When I booked understood parking was included. Then it seemed to disappear from my booking and I was charged an extra $20. I already spent more than we budgeted for so disappointed.Also the air-con seemed to stop working during the night and the husband and I woke up stifling! Was already set at 22 - had to put to 18 to get some air😱

Loved the breakfast and cleanliness of the room. Linen and bath products very good.

• Superior Twin Room

Only negative was parking was quite difficult, When I arrived, I had to go around the block because there were too many cars waiting for parking. Cramped area to have so many cars waiting around. Then i had to go inside to 'register' my parking. Also, there was a "carpark full" sign infront of the entrance which gave me a mini heart attack.

Location is great. Bars and Restaurants downstairs looked great. Clean place.

• Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

Breakfast was overpriced and room AC was difficult to maintain a comfortable temperature Room #1803 Wifi was slow in the business conference centre.

Location and staff were friendly

• Superior King Room

Slow refilling of breakfast items. Omelet Chef was overworked. WiFI should be an included item these days.

Location was good, close proximity to light rail a bonus.

• Superior Twin Room

I wouldn't change a thing. It's was so lovely to see everysingle one smiling and happy but most of all being so incredibly kind to everyone around them.

I travel a lot for work and can I say your customer service is amazing. Truly it's unbelievable. You guys must have fantastic management because it follows down to the staff. Every one that we meet made everyone feel welcome. Well done. Ps we normally stay at jupiters but will be staying here from now on.

• Superior Twin Room

No free Wi-Fi ($5 an hour) which is a little ridic. Walls are pretty thin, we were able to hear people next door coughing, talking, and walking in and out of their doors. Bedroom interior is a little outdated and smelled kind of old (pictures online gave me a different perception). Food at the breakfast buffet was a tad underwhelming. Room slippers and bottled water aren't provided, and we were told to pick up change of toiletries at the front desk.

Location is perfect, right next to the tram line that can get you on a bus straight to the theme parks, very close to 24 hour convenient stores, and a nice short stroll to the beach and main bustle of Surfer's Paradise. Staff were happy and made us feel truly welcome. Liked that there were two swimming pools and a Jacuzzi.

• Superior Twin Room

the bathroom could do with an update and the room a lick of paint. the breakfast was good with a very good selection but no tomato on offer for the omelette but was still cooked with care and was nice.

The bed was comfortable and the location was excellent for the tram. Very close to everything in Surfers.

• Superior King Room

The bathroom light sometimes wouldn't turn on and I thought that we had free parking included in our stay but they said we didn't and that it would be $20 per night!! We then got a parking ticket 3 minutes after our 2 hour parking expired at the front of the hotel. We also paid for the remainder of our stay when we arrived, however we were bailed up to pay again at the end of our stay when they said they never received payment. The payment is on my husbands statement with all the Hotels details listed as receiving the payment. Pretty embarrassing and stressful for us!

The views

• Superior Twin Room

We stayed on the 10th floor and had beautiful views of the ocean. The staff were very good and friendly. The buffet breakfast was simply delicious, so much variety. The spa was so nice and relaxing. Overall a really pleasant stay, I will recommend this hotel to others.

• Superior Twin Room

Price was a rip off. Room was old and needed renovating. Window was dirty. Car park was insufficient and a rip off at $22. This should have been included in the rip off price of the nights accommodation. Conference room was not sound proofed, we’re constantly interrupted with noise from the seminar next door. Over all would not go back.

Very little

surprised that the hotel doesn’t have balconies, otherwise relatively nice rooms.

staff from check in, to house keeping and even staff on the breakfast shift at the buffet. amazing! your staff are so happy to help, informative and just in general 5 star. loved them

• Superior Twin Room

For my purposes all was perfect. As a woman travelling alone I was able to park my car in secure parking within the facility and therefore this solved a major safety issue for me.............nothing to dislike.

My room was wonderfully comfortable and met all my needs and expectations. Your staff are a credit to you and your training programs. Every staff member I encountered in each area of the hotel exuded warm and courtesy. The breakfast that formed part of the conference I attended was magnificent.

• Superior King Room

Sheets could have been changed more often (I was there for just over a week and my sheets didn't get changed).

Room was excellent and the whole hotel felt clean and well kept. Staff were always accommodating and friendly.

• Superior Twin Room

Public toilets on ground level need to be cleaned more regularly.

Comfortable bed. They gave us a room change to higher up when we asked on check in. Concierge were wonderful. Unpacked our car, took the car to park it and delivered our bags to our room. And were also great at departure. Had car ready out the front on check out. All we had to do was call ahead before we left our room. Buffet breakfast was wonderful. All food really fresh and hot food was hot.

• Superior Twin Room

As this hotel is constantly buffeted by sea breeze; our lovely room was facing the Beach/ocean it would be greatly appreciated if we can see thru clean windows.

Excellent location of the Surfers Paradise light Rail station & restaurants & catholic church right opposite the hotel. Buffet Breakfast was excellent & beds were firm & comfortable. Staff were helpful & friendly. This hotel is located between Cavill Ave & Broadbeach.

absolutely nothing!!

We stayed for our 18th wedding anniversary and the staff made sure our stay was special. From the handwritten card, to the macaroons waiting for us, it was perfect.

• Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

The fact the room smelt of mould Blood on sheets with the cover placed over it The glass in the restaurant had baked on food at the bottom The fact I was informed that due to there being no car parks available for me they wld park vallet service & not have to pay for it. Yet we were charged

• Superior King Room

Cleanliness of bathroom. Rest of room and facilities was immaculate though.

Excellent breakfast and buffet dinner. Great staff - very welcoming and accomodating to all needs - nothing was a problem!

• Superior Twin Room

Perfect location, extremely friendly staff and they let me leave my car wand luggage with them after check out so i didn't have to seek out alternative parking while meeting up with family. Would definitely stay again.

• Superior King Room

The bed was two singles together and could feel the middle which was uncomfortable. Car park was $20 per day and no other car parking close by. Nothing in the mini bar not even water

The buffet breakfast was on special for $20 and was great value. Location was good

• Superior King Room

Though it was very expensive but I came for the commenwealth games so I guess prices went up

Next to the train close to the beach staff very helpful especially Bell Staff shops close by two convenience stores across street open 24hrs

Couldn’t fault anything.

Excellent service from staff. We were initially checked in very early. We arrived at the hotel in the hope to store our luggage for the day at around 8am but were told we could check in which made life for us much easier. We were also moved rooms due to some faulty electricity in our first room. This happened at 10pm when we returned from dinner. We were very quickly upgraded to a much larger room on the top floor which had spectacular views and the service from the night porter in helping us move was exceptional. Although this happened both rooms were very good very clean and very spacious. Being right in the centre of surfers paradise was also a bonus we were attending the commonwealth games and the ease of getting to and from was very good.

• Superior King Room

The room was lovely and spacious, close to everything we wanted (shops, restaurants, beach). The buffet breakfast was delicious, good quality and so much variety. We ordered room service one night and it was by far the best room service meal we’ve ever received, the carbonara was to die for.

• Superior King Room

Poor value for money . Paid over 1k for 3 nights and was expecting a little more. Bathroom was very old and bed not as comfortable

Loved the customer service , every staff encountered was very friendly and professional

• Superior Twin Room

Only negative was the key card for our room didn't work a couple of times and I had to go back to reception to fix it which was slightly annoying. They acknowledged there was problem so hopefully it was just a temporary thing. .

The hotel itself is very comfortable,clean and spacious with good decor The swimming pool on the roof is brilliant and was great to spend time cooling off and relaxing in the early everning

• Superior Twin Room

It was a little dusty in the rooms so maybe clean behind the beds a little more.

The room clean up after we came back was always so nice to come back to, super clean and nicely made up.

• Superior Twin Room

Wasn't happy that I rang room service to pick up our empty tray as they advised us to and it was still at the front door in the morning.

Room excellent and staff helpful. Great location to everything, including tram outside front door. Great directions from staff to attractions.

• Superior King Room

The only thing that was absolutely minor was our room was next to the lift shaft and you could here the lifts going up and down when everything else was quiet also the aircon was a little noisy. These were very minor items.

The buffet restaurant for breakfast and dinner was excellent with one of the biggest choices we have seen. Staff are very polite and could not do more for you. Location was superb, you walk out the door and your straight onto the tram.

• Superior Twin Room

The bathroom tiles need re-grouting to remove mould; rooms need painting to hide chips on corners/door jams etc; some doors are damaged and should be replaced. These suggestions would then be brought into line with the room prices. Sunday breakfast hours should be extended.

The Watermark Hotel is in a great locality.

• Superior King Room

A cockroach tried to climb up my leg during breakfast, but it was the only we saw. I guess this can happen

Cool Breakfast, comfortable beds, 2 swimming pools remaining open till 10 pm

Totally nothing!!

The hotel is just beside the tram station. Walking distance to the beach or Surfer Paradise. 10 bus stops away to Sea World. Can buy attractions tickets from the front desk. Just beside the Sky point where you can see 360 degrees of Gold Coast.. The list goes on and on... Love Gold Coast and the hotel stay make it more lovable.

• Superior King Room

The paid movie channel kept stuffing up multiple times. The buffet dinner was extremely expensive per person. The car park is small and hard for bigger cars to reverse and turn.

The location is ideal as it is close to surfers paradise main centre however just perfectly out of the way of all the commotion. Facilities and staff were great.

• Superior Twin Room

At check in I was charged the wrong amount for my stay, this would have been fine if it was immediately reimbursed when I went to ask about the extra charge. However, it took 20 minutes to explain and resolve the situation and I was asked "do you have proof", I felt wrongly accused in his choice of tone and language. In addition, I had bought some food and drinks for my mini fridge, however when I came back one day I found that a carton of milk had disappeared. I find that unreasonable in a hospitality industry.

Great location - tram station was right outside and the main strip was a 5 minute walk. Room was clean and pleasant.

• Superior Twin Room

Had a bit of trouble working out how to use the tv but figured it out so all good

The beds were super comfy, had the best sleep ever & room service was excellent, well worth it, big long bath which was great for relaxing in after shopping.

Very disappointed with the “deluxe room” 5 star-luxury... I must be missing where the luxury part is and “modern rooms”? Nothing in our room is modern or even updated to the 21st century. Bath And shower together with a shower head that doesn’t move nor give you a decent pressed shower let along cover your whole body. Dirty tub with hair over the bath room floor and shower walls from the previous gusts. The choice of a screaming hot shower or ice cold...not to sure where modern fits into that. The toilet making a sounds every time you flush. No power points next to the bed to charge your phones, really inconvenient as I read before bed. Thin as paper pillows. Dirty windows inside and out. Dirty marks over the carpet and walls. Nothing close to deluxe or luxury. Very disappointed and won’t be back. The bath and wall are grubby and old. The shower head doesn’t even cover your whole body and you can’t even move it around - nothing modern about that. The bath room are so small you can’t even open the shower door fully and the water leaks onto the floor so by the time you get out the floor is soaking wet which is a safety issues. You have to pull the bath to swap it to shower and then bend down to turn off the shower. ( shame if you don’t want to get your hair wet ) There is stains on the carpet in the door way. There are dirty marks all over the walls. Dirty marks all over the lights. Powers point not even next to the beds? $29 each for buffet freakfast with hardly any food to choices from.... waste of money! Before we even got to use the bathroom there was other guest hair over the bath room floor and shower wall.. I know for a fact I don’t have purple hair.... very disappointed and gross. Won’t be coming back ever

Matthew the staff at the buffet

Everything was great

The location is just right in front of the tram station, really convenient, 5 min walk to the beach, 10 min walk the center of Surfers Paradise

• Superior Twin Room

Then the click of the key lees entry and BOOM ....The Smelly Room and the fact that it hadn't been taped off, Very sickly walking into the entrance and then it hits you and thlook at each other and say we have this for a night. ooh it was depressing instantly. It was the stench from the floor waste . House keeping should have been all over that and made special comment to senior manager .. All spoken with respect and moving forward Andrew

Concierge , All the Good afternoons and may we help you sirs were all in order and very helpful 8.5/10, Front Desk always a pleasure to walk up and organise the reason your there this was my partners birthday ... she had never been before and had only heard my trumpets about the place. Yes we were upgraded and spoken to (rather oow really its busy ) but being a special occasion and hadn't been away for ages was upsetting to my partner.

• Superior Twin Room

The staff were extremely helpful and happy. Probably the best service we have received at any hotel stay. Despite the age of the hotel it has been beautifully maintained and renovated.

• Superior King Room

Rooms need a paint job, grubby walls and peeling paint. Floorings and finishings are fairly new though, maybe paint is next on their to-do list. Terrible water pressure, glad I didn’t have to wash my hair during my 2 night visit.

Great foyer and onsite bars and restaurants. Nice view. Lovely staff. Safe and secure. Tram station directly out the front. Easy quick walk to the centre of Surfers Paradise. Undercover parking ($20 per night though)

• Superior King Room

The beds were very comfy, everything on surfers was a good walking distance away and they helped use get tram tickets and directed us where we needed to go to get to pacific fair

• Superior King Room

Bathroom could be slightly updated

Great location, good room size. Tram stop right out the front was really convenient. Walrus cafe good for a coffee in the morning. Waves restaurant good food, slightly prices and very much marketed to the Asian consumer in terms of what was in offer, though we did go at Chinese New year. Hotel was clean and staff were friendly. 2 pools and a spa with a nice view. Would definitely stay again.

• Superior Twin Room

The cleanliness of the room (marks on the walls, bead heads, yellow stains in the bath/shower) there was a funny smell of burnt matches as we first came into our room and the photos online aren't realistic to the actual facility's/room, the tv was also very slow to use

The buffet breakfast was really good

• Superior King Room

Nothing, just a shame about the pouring rain but there's no controlling the weather!

Great location, great staff, great selection at breakfast...all very good!

• Superior King Room

More information about the different spa treatments in the room. More little snacks in the mini bar. Have a pool for kids only, so that adults on a weekend break can relax around the pool.

The bed was comfy and the room was very clean. There was a girl Jessica who waited on me in Clifford's and at breakfast, she was great and always has a smile. She was pro active and ensured her guests were happy.

• Superior King Room

Staff very robotic at the reception, my keys didn't work three times and I had to return from the 14th floor. We booked luxury king room, and got small room with king bed. I hate to think how other rooms looks like. Breakfast - very poor selection, no fresh fruit except pineapple and some rock melon, there were unpeeled oranges on the bottom shelve?! Am I suppose to pill them with my butter knife? Coffee was below my expectations, had to go to another cafe to have a proper breakfast. I had my share of traveling , very often on the Gold Coast, will never return.

• Premier Suite

Loved Everything about Watermark. We stayed on the top floor spa suite. Very Friendly helpful staff and extremely clean facilities. Fabulous Restaurant and coffee in downstairs lobby. Great location - Central to shopping precinct, beaches and attractions.

• Superior King Room

Room was magnificent and roomy.Bed was really comfy. Bathroom was a great size and really clean. Staff were exceptional. Pool area was fantastic. would have liked to have stayed longer. Definitely will be back.

• Superior King Room

No water in room, dirty bathroom, cheap-rough sheets, empty mini bar, housekeeping so loud at 8am, area at pool was old and worn, whole place is out of date badly. And, predominant asian/japanese clientelle at dining buffet letting kids run wild! Many kids out of control and parents doing nothing. Kids grabbing food with hands and putting food back! Horrible dining experience twice! Disgusting! I had to go out of hotel for breakfast. Unacceptable!

• Superior Twin Room

Although I booked for three, there were only two coffee cups, two glasses and two face towels. Bathroom were unpleasant to use with mold everywhere.

Walking distance to the main part of Surfers Paradise. Comfy beds. Staff were friendly.

• Superior Twin Room

I didn't like how Windows wouldn't open need fresh air.Hear children crying early in morning.

The beds were comfy.The pool and spa was awesome.The hotel was close to everything.

• Superior King Room

Great location - can literally get off the tram and walk in the doors. The restaurants and buffet were superb would highly recommend. The rooms were stunning! We had a gorgeous view. The staff were always accommodating and friendly. Will be back!

• Superior King Room

No toilet brush in the bathroom and staff told us that this is standard practice at watermark. Yours is the only accommodation in our lengthy lives that has not provided this item.

Large bed great

• Superior King Room

The rooms are dated and climbing in and out of a bath for a shower was not easy. More hangers needed in the wardrobe and more drawer space. The pool was ice cold despite having the sun on it for a few hours a day.

Clifford's was good with attentive staff and a good selection of food. The ribs are amazing. The bed was comfortable.

• Superior King Room

Extra bed was not very comfortable.

Customer service is exceptional. Breakfast buffet is the best in town and worth the price. The only hotel in gold coast that we would like to stay again.

• Superior King Room

More pool lounge chairs needed

The view to the beach and of the Q1 tower was amazing, room was spacious and clean. Breakfast buffet was well done. Location couldn't have been better.

• Superior King Room

The water pressure of the bathroom was quite weak.

Excellent location! the staff were super friendly and helpful. great room service and and overall lovely visit.

• Superior Twin Room

Entry lounge was not clean.

Love the breakfast buffet. Room service was good. We were given extra sheet for our 16 year old son. It was very nice of duty manager.

• Superior King Room

A little late in the day with servicing our room, we had to vacate the room for 20 mininutes at 2pm on the second day of our stay whilst the cleaner did her job.

Wonderful coffee at the cafe Friendly staff Great location

• Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

Although hotel looks quite old, a bed is comfortable and clean. Sometimes at other hotels I used to feel dust stuck in my throat however fancy they are, but at Watermark I was satisfied with clean bed. Besides, Location, shower facilityand meals are also good.

• Superior King Room

The bathroom looked tired and there was a stain in the basin. There was only two towels in the bathroom and no robes. It was very no frills. There were no wine glasses and a poor selection of teas. No snacks or biscuits. No free internet access in the room or cable tv

• Superior Twin Room

DIDN'T LIKE BATHROOM... MAINLY SHOWER OVER BATH AND HAVING TO CLIMB OVER BATH TO HAVE SHOWER.

THE ROOMS VERY CLEAN BUT OLD.(MAINLY BATHROOM) HOUSEKEEPERS VERY EFFICIENT. SPACIOUS DINING/BAR AREA, GREAT LOCATION.

• Superior King Room

The smell of cigarette in hallway. Thank god no smell in room

Forget the name of it but the restuarant at the hotel we had dinner in. The food was amazing.

• Superior Twin Room

I'd booked in advance with this site so my room amount was pending, however upon arrival I was inadvertently again charged the room amount. This created financial strain during my visit. While the pending amount will drop away, this was extremely unsatisfactory and I've never encountered such inconvenience on my other hotel stays. Room Television. The sound settings have zero amounts of bass so as not to disturb other rooms, fair enough. However it really was an excessive amount off roll off. To turn the set up to a level of volume I could hear it at resulted in a shrill transistor radio like sound that was frankly unlistenable. Hopefully this feed back will be addressed as overall my stay was excellent.

Excellent location, mere minutes away from all the attractions on the main strip and beach. 2 convenient entrances and a generous/pleasant smoking area.

• Superior Twin Room

Buffet breakfast at waves was not as up to scratch as I would have liked, although the pool was lovely, could have had a few more lounge seats to sit on and some more greenery or palm trees around it to make it feel a bit more tropical! But these are petty things, it really was fabulous!

Staff were absolutely amazing, so friendly and helpful! Bar downstairs was fabulous very modern reception which was lovely restaurant was very nice, and location was amazing! Highly recommended!

Browse Watermark Hotel & Spa traveller photo gallery