2. Australia hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Song Hotel Redfern

Reviews of Song Hotel Redfern 3 stars

179 Cleveland St, Chippendale, 2008 Sydney, Australia

#260 of 317 hotels in Sydney

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 8 December 2018

All the things are so good
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

All the things are so good Cleaners good and living environment and transportation are all good Staffs are friendly!!!!! Free breakfast is super tasty!!!!

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: 4 December 2018

Too expensive for what this accomodation is!
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The shower head is so low I had to bend my knees to have a shower. I’m only 166cm tall. The shower door consists of three glass panels in metal frames which slide open & closed. They bunch up and come off their tracks every time they’re opened or closed. Very dangerous. The small fridge in the bedroom area was very noisy all night long. It also wasn’t very clean. The bathroom and bedroom areas need to be repainted and need plaster repair work and repair work on the laminated MDF board/Formica built in fixtures eg under the fridge. The bed was too hard and too short and the room so small my feet kept hitting the wall every time I turned over in bed or tried to stretch my legs in bed. The Hallways of the Hotel need to be replastered and repainted. The free breakfast wasn’t acceptable.

The Staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: 26 November 2018

OK

bathroom, Carpeting,

food-average coffee not available on most mornings. Bed was comfortable bathroom felt dirty room needs an update re paint, scrapes, etc.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2018

Great location friendly staff with great attitudes.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

There was an odd smell not too bad. The air conditioning needs to be dusted. But my issues are minor. It is a great place to stay.

Great location friendly staff with great attitudes. Always willing to help - they were excellent.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2018

Effort isn't always everything.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The room was so small it was hardly functional. The tap in the bathroom lifted out of the sink(and wasn't meant to). The carpet needed repair as it was lifting. My room was right beside a major railway line will trains running past every 3.5 minutes. Glazing didn't dull it by much. This property could have been a backpacker hotel only with tiny private rooms. That queen bed (I think it was a queen) had to be up against the wall. I have mining dongas for my backpacker staff and those private suites are almost the same size. The bathroom was the tiniest I have ever experienced. Reminded me of bathroom on a boat or toilet on a plane with shower attached. Had to close the mini concertina door to get to the shower. The dining area looked like a cheap cafeteria. It wouldn't take much time or money to fix that. For the price it was not good value. This property should be priced at $150.00 per night in it's current state and room size.

The room was actually clean. Very clean sheets on a well made, full looking bed. The bed was very comfortable. TV worked. Tea and coffee provided and clean area for that. I think the operators were giving their best to the public but just charging too much for the venue and its location over a noisy rail line. I liked the coin operated wine bottle and general alcohol dispenser near the lift. The price was expensive but the convenience was there so 10 points for that.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2018

The continental breakfast was the best part of the stay.
    • Family Room with Private Bathroom

I hate when you pay for a hotel and there isn’t even a bottle of cold water in the tiny fridge.. I viewed and booked a room on booking.com and did not get the same room shown in the photo.. the staff told me that it would have been a photo from one of their other hotels... wasn’t completely happy about that as our room was tiny with barely any room for the kids or us to move around each other..

The continental breakfast was the best part of the stay..

• Reviewed: 16 November 2018

Cheap room with own bathroom
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Rooms are too small, everything is built for people shorter than 175cm. Shower head is low, you can’t open a window, your feet will dangle from the end of the bed and the rooms are tiny. It should be called the short hotel.

Staff are really nice

• Reviewed: 16 November 2018

Not recommended at all
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

I was there 4 days. In one of the days, after they cleaned my room i found a big fly. After hitting it with my wallet i could see small white worms coming out from the abdomen of the fly. Other day i found a cockroach on the shower. The door of the toilet couldn't be closed. There was plenty of noisy from the train rails. The noise isolation was quite bad to the corridor. The breakfast is very minimalistic: toasts, cereals, coffee and juice. There is no restaurant. The wifi was superslow and was disconnecting very often in the room. The window could not be open.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2018

Everything matched the price
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

VERY POOR WIFI! I could only get one bar in my bed, and constantly disconnect; every time the wifi disconnect or I went back to the hotel, I needed to enter my email account again to connect that poor slow wifi, after so many times that I just used my phone data instead. so it was like there was no free wifi!!

Convenient, walking distance to central (~10-15min) Right next to the train railway, so constant but acceptable noise.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2018

My stay was memorable, no regrets.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

I didn't like the noise from the train. Continental breakfast was not always suitable.

It is close to Business Centre. It is also relatively cost effective.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2018

3.5
    Would not recommend
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The place with dirty. Things were falling apart (the cupboard, the shower door), the walls were dirty. The hotel shook when the train (which was so very close) went past and every time someone had a shower my room made sounds. I would never stay here again.

The guy at the front counter was nice enough.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2018

Internet speed, staff, clean, great location for convenience...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Small room but enough for the job I needed it to do. Not enough luggage room for a longer stay. Travel light and it's perfect

Internet speed, staff, clean, great location for convenience at the price.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2018

Very pleasant and enjoyable, comfortable stay.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Biggest downfall for me was a lack of Hotel parking which meant that if you didn't book a parking spot you were required to park on the street. I checked with reception 2 days in a row and was informed that there will be none available for the duration of my stay, I departed the Hotel Sunday evening. Other than the parking I had no other problems hospitality from the entire staff well done have a Merry Xmas

Was quite I enjoy talking with staff all very professional and helpful, My room was more that what I expected my partner also enjoyed his stay. During my short stay I found it very helpful with all the information pamphlets provided that it was much easier to find your way around Sydney and to see a lot more of the tourist attractions I did visit many different places on this trip. Thanks to the staff of Song Hotel will visit again.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2018

The room was comfortable and warm.
    • Family Room with Private Bathroom

In need of repair lots of things broken or damaged, the WiFi was slow and week, the bathroom was really small, they did not replenish the toilet paper. The aircon turned itself off during the night

The room was comfortable and warm.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Close to alot of asian eateries.
    • Family Room with Private Bathroom

Room not that clean. My room was a family room for 4 adults and it was so small, and it actually was the largest room that they have! Continental breakfast was very basic. Not much.

Close to alot of asian eateries. Very helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

A disgrace

Nice room, location

On a wheelchair I had to go down to reception 6 times. Wasn’t told how to put power on then given wrong information. This was left to me to fix and keep on going to reception- an absolute disgrace Photos of wall where device to swipe card for power. Was sent back to the room for this.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Hygiene standards too low to return
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

When I checked in I found a false fingernail on the carpet and black hairs in the towels, however the standard of cleaning seens to be much worse than that. During my stay I spilt something on the bed and pillowcases and asked one of the housekeeping staff to change the sheets. Apparently he couldn't do this and had to send someone else to do it later, after I'd left my room. I had tried to wash out the spill, so the top sheet ( there is a doona with a sheet on top and below rather than a cover ) was removed from the bed and it was obvious the spill had gone through to the doona. When I returned that night, many hours after housekeeping closed, I discovered one of the dirty pillows was still on my bed and the doona had not been taken for cleaning, just had clean sheets put around it. There wasn't much I could do with the doona, but I put the dirty pillow outside my door and went to bed. When I next left my room I noticed the dirty pillow had been replaced with a new one, although I am obviously not going to use a pillow that has been put on the hall way floor. I have stayed here previously and found the vending machines didn't work for credit card purchases then and still haven't been fixed now. The prices are too expensive, but once you've decided you want a snack that badly, its annoying to not be able to get it or have staff offer any assistance.

I chose this hotel over a private room at The Village Broadway for its location and price, but the low standard of cleanliness and hygiene have made me regret that choice.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

basic accomodation in Sydney, but if all you need is a bed for the night this is the place.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Very basic accommodation, very small rooms and bathrooms, hard-ish beds. Breakfast very basic, but good to have included.

Basic budget accommodation, staff very friendly and willing to help. Great area, close to the city and lots of cafes and bars in Redfen. Walking distance to everything.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Staff are so nice and helpful, they all are approachable and...
    • Family Room with Private Bathroom

Staff are so nice and helpful, they all are approachable and smiling. Rooms are at a high standard of cleanliness. Let's not forget the free breakfast.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Average. Wont stay again.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The size of the rooms are too small and the beds are uncomfortable. The bathroom door isn't really a door. No hotel information given on check in. Parking is limited but an ok price to reserve a spot.

No information given for time of breakfast or any food facilities. Up to guest to find out.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Good location, very basic rooms and breakfast. Reasonable value for location alone.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Room was much smaller than expected, with double bed pushed up against one wall. No safe in room for valuables so we had to lock these in our car. Breakfast was also pretty terrible - just very cheap bread for toast and a basic selection of cereals and juices.

Really good location. Easily able to reserve parking and staff were helpful in doing this, as well as assisting us with check-out process with our car still in the car park.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Room was small but comfortable.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Breakfast was pretty basic. Just cornflakes, milk and toast.But this is just a minor thing, overall enjoyed my stay.

Room was small but comfortable.Everything was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful.Luggage storage made it very convenient for me as I had to leave my stuff early.Great location near Redfern and central.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Very modern place to stay but next time i will book a different type room.not at the front
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

noise from Street very heavy traffic from very early morning and up to late at night, hard to sleep, there were times I thought it was Cumming through the bedroom, don't get a room at front.asked to get a different room was told was all booked up but they would see what they could do later, that was the last I heard about it. Breakfast very basic just cereal tea toast and juice had to bring in bits from supermarket. Redfern rail station is at the rear of the hotel but noise from the trains was not a issue.

Good location beside Redfern rail station and central station and easy walking distance to railway square for buses, for those who like walking central business district is easy access on foot, long with Pitt St and Georges St main shopping area. rooms cleaned each day fresh towels and supplies, great showers and free Wi- Fi.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

The hotel is suitable for people with low expectations
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The hotel room was very small. Its breakfast was very simple and repetitive. Compared to European hotels, it was more expensive and of poor quality, but cheaper than other hotels in Sydney.

The location of the hotel was close to the Redfen Station and downtown. You need to walk to the city center without the need for any vehicle.The hotel room was equipped with an ironing set and a hairdryer and electric kettle.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Convenience.
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

The Single Beds are BERY uncomfortable. Too soft and bouncy. Woke up with a sore back. ALSO have stayed at this Hotel so many times I never had an upgrade. NEVER have breakfast.

Convenience. Double beds are ok. Has an ensuite.

Breakfast was appropriate.
    • Family Room with Private Bathroom

Overall cleanliness. Carpet is due for shampooing. Bathroom needs a bit more scrubbing along the corners. Top matress on the bunkbed might also need changing.

Breakfast was appropriate. It gave you enpugh energy to start off your day without being over filling.

Most everything else.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Bed was very uncomfortable, even the four pillows provided were lumpy. Internet did not work all the time. Advertised as having car parking, but only found out that there is a $20 daily charge after i signed up. Noisy. Walls are almost paper thin and can hear the neighbours chatting into the wee hours.

Most everything else. Plenty of off street parking after hours

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Very small but it was sufficient for one person. I booked for two but my partner couldn't make it. It would have been too small for two people.

10/10 wonderful
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

Nothing at all, oh I did have to miss out on breakfast because I had to leave at 6am to catch a flight back to the Gold Coast. So if anything, maybe start breaks at 6am

I was very happy with the cost , the room had everything I needed & it was that clean I left a note telling the cleaners how well they do there job.. I have worked in this industry , so I understand the worked needed from staff to present the hotel as it is.. 10/10 and I will be staying at the Song next visit to Sydney without doubt.

Disapointing stay at Song Hotel, Redfern
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

There was no area to relax or do some work, other than the breakfast tables which were unsuitable. So we ended up relaxing and working in the bedroom, which was small with hopeless wifi. There were cigarette burns in the sink in the bathroom, the decor was generally dated and in poor condition, the breakfast was very poor with only toast, cereal, instant coffee/tea and fruit juice on offer. The rooms were small, with the only real seating room being on the bed. The corridor where our room was situated smelled of cigarette smoke.

The staff were helpful when we wanted some printing done, and generally tried to be friendly.

Great Hotel Great Location.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The bathroom shower door was not sliding properly needs fixing and the window latch squeaky. Thats all, otherwise perfect.

The friendliness of the staff very helpful. The room was clean and tidy. A train track view but alright. Breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Everything is okay except the compalin we had.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Seems like the staff is not so happy to welcome us. Missed the free breakfast bec the satff forgot to inform about the timing of the same and it is also not mentioned in the booking confirmation.. when we complained, the manager did not even bother to speak to us or at atleast replied to our email.

Private washroom and near in Central.

The breakfast included in price and location.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Way too small for a couple... Felt claustrophobic. Only one small window.

The breakfast included in price and location. Free Wi-Fi 😁 vending snack and alcohol machines. Tidy place.

Cost-effective convenience for a Redfern event
    • Family Room with Private Bathroom

Some traffic noise from busy Cleveland St on Sat night Ensuite a little cramped Breakfast - no yoghurt/fruit

Ease of check-in/check-out Reserved parking on-site but limited prior to check-in

Overall it was great for what we needed.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Shower door hard to open. Room quite small.

Value for money. Breakfast was good. Walking distance to station, shops etc. Room serviced every day with fresh towels.

Location could not be better .
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

We found the rooms to pokey . And a lot of noise from adjoining rooms . The rooms look tired and in desperate need of a refurbish.

Location could not be better . Is close to everything

The hotel was walking distance from Darling Harbour and...
    • Family Room with Private Bathroom

Room could do with decorating

The hotel was walking distance from Darling Harbour and really good value for money, breakfast included set us up for the day!

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

Had to air out room as had a very strong smell. The bathroom door was a dodgy foldable lattice door which couldn't lock.

Location. Staff friendly and good service. Breakfast basic but enough.

•Cleaning service
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

•Poor Breakfast •Train Noise •WiFi Connection is slow •Room Light’s color is boring •Cockroaches in the bathroom •Check-Out is at 11:00am

•Cleaning service

Cheap and close to train station.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Room was a bit small and not as clean as I thought. Perfect room size for one person not for two. I'd rather pay a little bit more to stay in a better and cleaner hotel.

Cheap and close to train station.

Overall cosy and comfortable !!
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Wish the rooms were just a wee bit more spacious so you could get off on either side of the bed !!

The house keeping on the last 4 days of our stay was perfect !! And the breakfast was just right and appropriate to start the day !

While the room was ok (at the end of the day, I just slept...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

While the room was ok (at the end of the day, I just slept in it), I was disappointed as the day I left, I had pre arranged with reception to leave my bags in the storage room. The desk was always attended or at least someone close by EXCEPT on the day I really needed their help...... I called out and walked around looking for anybody I could but after not having any time left, I had to run 3 blocks with all my bags just so I could catch my bus. The room itself could have been a little bit tidier (and i mean maintenance wise, rather than daily cleaning e.g. shower needed a grime scrub!) and the neighbors were adamant on having midnight showers every night (although I didn't complain so I didn't expect it to change). The staff were actually really nice and friendly when I did see them and always willing to help ( If it wasn't for that final stressful morning, It likely would have made a difference to my review) I would likely stay there again, but not if I needed to be working from my room etc. and I would definitely complain about the neighbors next time ;)

Very good experience for the price you pay!
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

While it is good for short term visits, it was a bit harder for us as we were planning on staying for a bit longer while we found an apartment. There was only a microwave in the shared area which made food preparation a bit limited meaning you were expected to more buy take out each night or go to restaurants (although this is more on us than the hotel) . The room, while good for a simple base of operations, was too small if you were planning on spending a lot of time in it, especially if it was a couple -- again this is not so bad for the intended visitor type. The WiFi in the room we were in was very mixed, it dropped out a lot and slowed down significantly in peak times, but was fast enough for mostly anything you needed to do.

It was a very good experience for the price paid. It had most of the facilities you needed (bar fridge, jug, glasses, mugs, iron + board, A/C, tv, etc.) for short trips so it was more suited towards those on holiday or for short trips. The staff were very helpful, and provided any information you asked. There were plenty of tourist booklets for local activities and places to visit. It was very close to the Redfern train station which meant travel was super easy, as well as close to the Chippendale area with a lot of local shops, take aways/restaurants and shopping areas.

Average hotel
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The room smelt musky all the time, every time after I arrived back in my room had an odour. Also the photos on the website are extremely misleading on the quality of the rooms

Friendly staff, refreshed my room every day with clean towels

Simple hotel but honest. Great location to city and Redfern and Central Stations. Walking distance
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Courtyard was great but an awning for those rainy days would have been appreciated.

Complimentary breakfast was simple but good. Bed excellent pillows great. Rooms very small but wifi was outstanding. Bathroom door needs updating but overall very clean. Shower was one of the best for water pressure and temperature selection. The front desk staff efficient and lovely.

Wouldn’t stay there again

Beds where comfy

Walls windows and blinds where full off dirty finger marks. Shower corners where dirty. We had to be moved from our original room as there was extremely loud noise outside coming into the room

Very cheap but not nasty alternative city stay.
    • Family Room with Private Bathroom

We were expecting the worse but its a great budget alternative if you know the city and the train service. For international guests you may be disappointed with the location. Outside the surroundings are industrial, commercial with high density traffic. The train noise could bother some folks.

Great low budget option for a city apartment stay. Close to Refern station, good but basic breakfast included. The apartment for 4 people exceeded expectations with 2 bathrooms and a generous longe as well. City train connections were excellent and onsite secure parking for $20 was a bargain.

The breakfast was the best treat of all the stay and the...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The room was very small. But good for only 1 person.

The breakfast was the best treat of all the stay and the location is pretty good. Near the station and UTS, the happening crowd.

Happy
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

The slated doors into the bathroom and behind the door needed cleaning. Get rid of slatted doors they are a dust trap.

The staff were friendly and responded to our needs

Too noisy
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

I asked for a quiet room, they ignored my request even though hotel had of rooms in quieter location I was given the room backing on the railway train and all night the noise was unbearable!!

Manager apologised

The property was unreasonable in requests and in every way
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

They refused to negotiate or work out any way to compromise after an altercation with a guest and staff

The property was unreasonable in requests and in every way

I’m happy
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Nothing that I didn’t like.Alls good.

Great Staffs, reception& housekeeping.location is good ,easy to find & 5mins to trains station, about 3mins by train to city central-Excellent!

Location is awesome,everything else rather average!
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Very very small room and even smaller bathroom and TINY bed..I’m 5.7’ and was too short for me. Very noisy ( think our room was next to shared bathoom and it has very noisy taps(water system)) and next to the very busy road and traintracks.

Location is great,parking on site(for extra cost) and staff was lovely. Shower had very good water pressure :)

Exactly what was expected for the price-room was small but...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Exactly what was expected for the price-room was small but adequate and the bed was comfy. Traffic noise was expected so I had ear plugs. Breakfast was a good inclusion. Location makes it easy to walk everywhere. Staff were friendly. Fine for the low price!

If you’re looking for just a spot rest your head that is moments from Redfern station, this is it!
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

There isn’t a lot of noise insulation between rooms so bring ear plugs!

I stayed in a single room. The bed was comfy and the place was clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I like that breakfast was included but would prefer to save a few dollars and be able to get the room only. The window was also double glazed.

Hotel facility meets my expectation. The hotel is clean & quiet, staffs (front
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Close to public housing, it is a bit dark to walk back to the hotel from Redfern station at night. The room is so small!

Close to public transport, restaurants & close to the city.

Despite by the receptionist guy, it was nice
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The receptionist guy was so much talkative and slow. Also, he waited us too much. When I called the hotel, he told us that you should come here and book directly insead of booking and the price that he suggested 20 AUD more. However, thanks to booking, I paied 20 aud less. Allthough the guy told us that your room is so noisy because of a construction in front of the hotel, we did not hear anything during the night.....

The room was so nice, breakfast was great.

Great for a stay on a budget
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Shower was a bit small and pressure wasn't great, actual room was a bit cramped with two beds in it.

Complimentary breakfast was a nice touch, great location for the price, excellent WiFi

Ideal for our purposes. Had overseas family booked in who were also staying here.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Cramped and in need of maintenance to aging facilities, especially doors and bathroom. Had to go to dining room to connect to WiFi.

Location close to Redfern and Central Stations. Office staff helpful and willing to assist. Light breakfast was included in price.

Basic tidy accommodation, facilities a bit run down
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Bathroom door and Shower screen door broken. Unable to push the twin beds together. Traffic noise.

Basic accommodation, close to facilities, continental breakfast included.

The free breakfast.
    • Family Room with Private Bathroom

The blood stains on my bed, the horrid smell around the room, the leaking fridge, the dodgy mattresses, the extra charge to my card without warning and overall the whole stay.

The free breakfast.

great place to stay - location next to main line train so easy city visits
    • Family Room with Private Bathroom

we only stayed for one day. the room was nice, a little small for all 4 of us, but check-in was fast, breakfast good - over all a clean place, next to the main line train station and friendly staff, what else would you want. I would have stayed longer if I had the time - perhaps when I visit Sydney next time.

Cosy and relatively close to the train station. The staff were also polite and professional.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The storage in the room was kind of small and awkward. There were drawers that took up about half of the space. I don't really imagine people storing things in the drawers (you'll easily forget it).

The room was very cosy. The daily breakfast next to the lobby was simple (cereal, toasted bread etc.) and not over the top, which made it easy to choose what to eat.

Friendly and clean with good transport links
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Room sizes could be bigger but then you would pay more.

The staff were excellent, really helpful. The room/bathroom was very clean with the added bonus of iron, ironing board, fridge, kettle, tea/coffee etc ...... fresh towels and toiletries every day. Plenty of choice for breakfast. Train station a 10 minute walk away

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

My wife left her pair of shoe in room. I contacted the service chat after few hours & I was directed to send the e mail. I sent , I requested to courier me the pair of shoe & i was happy to pay courier charges but no one even bothered to reply me.

Very good value for money in Sydney
    • Family Room with Private Bathroom

Poor breakfast, but better than nothing and it was included in the price. Bathroom's "door" must be replaced for a real door, please!!!! because it is a lattice alike, no privacy.

Convenient location. Redfern station very close and a bust top next door.... you can reach everywhere in Sydney. Although this establishment is very close to the railways ...no panic...it has a very good sound proof isolation. Very good value for money in Sydney.

Pretty good.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

I guess for the money i paid i was happy. location good. I had included breakfast. Simple n good. But staff sid they dont give salt n pepper. Which was odd. Along with sugar pls provide salt n pepper atleast.....

Value for money. Cant say more.

Perfect for us

Nothing I can think of

Friendly staff, very clean, the best budget style accommodation. Went for the footy & Ed concert, loved GI's wall mural outside our room 😀

I will never go back to this hotel again.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Smallest room I ever had in any hotel. Tap was not stuck to the sink and making water. I asked for help at the reception and got promised that they will send someone to fix it. Returning in the evening, it was not fixed and the guy at the reception came to fix it with his bare hands. 1 minute later it was back to what it was. Breakfast consists of cereals and coffee or tea only.

I liked only the position of the hotel which is about 200 meters from the train station. Although the trains were passing by the window all the time, they were not so annoying since they were moving slow, towards or from the station.

For one night in Sydney for 4 people it was cheap. Bunks no good, picture single beds.
    • Family Room with Private Bathroom

Size, bunks we were lead to believe there were single beds not bunks. Place had spills of drink I would say on the walks. Dusty, not cleaned very well.

Comfortable bed.

Would never ever stay again
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The buffet breakfast was 4 types of cereal and a toaster. You couldn’t even move in the bedroom. Blinds were broken, cupboard door broken and shower screen broken

Family hoilday

The area

It was close to the train station only a 5 minute walk. Brefast was include toast, orange juice and several different cereals to choose from. We got up graded from a family room to a unit with aearly, hen and 2 bathroom and a large tv in the lounge. We arrived early and our room was ready so we got to check in early.

Clean, comfortable and good located - close to a train...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Clean, comfortable and good located - close to a train station very close to the Central area. The breakfast included is simple, but good. My only suggestion is to include a towel to put on the floor of the bathroom.

As usual, a clean and tidy room and breakfast is included. The Song is in a great location.
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

The room was fine except for a leaking air con unit (it leaked on to the bed but did not reach me). I did not realise the problem on the first night, only the second and final night. I told Christophe and he said that he liked to look after his customers so that next time I come back he would look after me. I could not connect the wifi but that might be my computer, not sure.

As usual the staff were lovely. The room was clean. The location was excellent, so close to the UTS where my workshop was and so close to transport (just outside the door). Although the Song is located next to the rail line and a busy road it is always quiet in the room and it is so easy to sleep.

Really great, would definitely return.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Breakfast is free and all but I wish they'd provided a few more options.

This place is great. I came back late and the staff were wonderful. The bathroom facilities, particularly the shower, were really good and the bed was super comfy with heaps of fresh pillows. Would definitely visit again!

Showing 1 – 75