Reviews of Song Hotel Sydney 3.5 stars

5-11 Wentworth Ave, Sydney CBD, 2000 Sydney, Australia

#203 of 306 hotels in Sydney

6.2

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The vanity too cramp but still happy for what I pay.plus the milk for tea is frozen.but doesnt bother me.reception is polite and even I lost my voice that day ..

Great location,comfy bed

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Everything was as I expected as I purchased it because it is one of the cheapest remaining accommodations back then. I guess what I didn't like is that there's not much affordable restaurants/eating places nearby so it would be best to bring your own food or eat somewhere else before getting back to the hotel.

I chose this place because it was very near to where I'm supposed to go (a company nearby). It is walking distance to Central station as well. Luckily I purchased a day before my check-in date and they have reduced the price significantly. Common toilets/shower rooms were clean so purchasing just a private room with shared bathrooms were worth the price decrease.

• Double Room Ensuite

Breakfast was one of the worst ones I've ever had any hotel - there was barely any choice - you had a choice of a toast and a prepacked jam/peanut butter or cereals w milk - no eggs, no meat, no cheese..if you wanted a nice hot coffee (late, cappuccino etc - you had to pay extra). Room was very small, but really that's all you need so can't complain that much.

There was a nice seating area outside of lift on each floor.

• Single Room Ensuite

One dollar coin's size bug in room. Too noisy, couldn't sleep well. The air condition works like 20 minute warm winds, and 20 minute cold.

• Twin Room Ensuite

Felt sorry for all your staff that had to share one small elevator between all guests and try to service all 8 levels at the same time while the other lift is being renovated. TV reception was a little restricted in our room. Please consider to check your TV reception in the rooms and possibly upgrade to FOXTEL or other available services . Many of your visitors possibly would like to see a little more than SBS ,ABC and a few programs that only local people can like or follow .

Helpful staff , good location , bar and kitchen/restaurant facilities on site , easy and safe access to the building and rooms.

• Double Room Ensuite

Renovations to the lift are taking place. Our room was very cramped, a little run down. In the past we were happy with this but paying $160 a night doesn't compete with other hotels in the city. Last morning was a holiday so we had to miss breakfast to get to the airport on time, as they opened an hour later.

We had a quiet internal room. You can open the window and get fresh air. Great breakfast.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

mattress protector on queen bed was two single protectors overlapped which created a ridge in the middle of the bed. make sure you ask for a room not on the roadside of the hotel

Economical budget hotel, very clean

• Double Room Ensuite

Not a lot really an excellent hotel for the price

After reading some of the reviews on here was a bit worried but basically the hotel is in the throws of major refurbishment. The entrance is lovely modern and bright right next to the bijou restaurant and bar where you have breakfast which was included, happy hour 5-7 always good in a big city. The room we booked was a double ,small but perfectly formed with ensuite and was cleaned every day. There are now Premium rooms but obviously more expensive. One of the lifts remains being refurbed( the one that looked like a raging banshee had been in it)the other is fresh and modern. The location was amazing only 1 min from Museum Station so really easy to get around. For what we paid in the centre of Sydney I thought this was an excellent value hotel. Ps the staff were always really helpful and efficient, full of knowledge maps and even an adapter( we left ours at the airport)

• Premium Queen Room

It is under reconstruction, (getting better), but so far with the nuisance of refurbishing... Just one elevator working at a time, for instance. The rooms do not have a telephone.

A very good hotel, excellently located, with quite nice . We can get there by train from the airport, very close to station.Close to many important sites to visit. Room pretty good. Breakfast basic, but abundant and well served.

• Premium King Room

Only one lift was working. So had to do long waits. Breakfast is just milk and toast! So really if it says breakfast included its nothing.

Location was good.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Only 1 lift working so the wait was ridiculous, there was no mention of shared toilets and shower! only 1 shower (mens) for the whole floor. If I had known this I would not have stayed here. The bed was too hard. The breakfast was poor, there was a small bowl of fruit salad for everyone to use but it was empty & no staff around to top it up. No complimentary water for the guests.

Location was very good

• Double Room Ensuite

No gluten bread for breakfast.

Clean comfortable room overlooking the fern garden in the middle of the building. Nice and quite considering its in the middle of the city! Easy to find and conveniently located within walking distance to everywhere I need to go. Also close to the train station that links me to the airport in just 15 mins!

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

My tv had lost cable to dish so no channels for me . Shared bathroom is great but could be cleaned more regularly

Concierge friendly and recent renovations has made this stay so much more enjoyable for even the basic rooms . Breakfast is free and decent . Always my go to place for a quick stay

• Double Room Ensuite

Better Lounge Faciliries .

I found the service was adequate for my comfort throughout my stay . I would have liked to seen a bigger Lounge area to be able to have friends who wanted to visit . Also I would have appreciated a easy chair I'm my suite for watching TV .

• Double Room Ensuite

For me it was a combination of the location and price on the night that were key to staying here. The front desk staff were great. Only one of two lifts working as an upgrade in progress, but this was communicated in advance so expectations managed. In the event the delay at peak times was fine.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The shared toilet... when i was inside the female shower area a MALE cleaner went inside without knocking or checking if there is someone inside. I felt bad because i was not properly dressed.

L9cation. L9cation .location

• Twin Room Ensuite

A bit of a rabbit warren to find my room. And the lifts were terrible. But on the positive the lifts are in the process of being upgraded. And the television was in the cupboard which was a bit weird.

I was surprised as it is on the cheap side and I was expecting an average experience. The beds were great the rooms were big enough and the bathrooms were clean and bright.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

I liked everything except no water in the room, and especially disliked that the parking was an extra cost and far away, we were not asked during check in if we needed info about parking and we we came back to ask they were busy. Later we were suggested to stay parked out the front, and we were running out of time to get to our social engagement. Because we were a bit tired in the morning, got out there 30 mins after the parking ticket ranger left us a fine. If I drive to the city I will try to get a room for 225 that includes parking, so that at least it is close by and convenient. In fact we should have been sent the location of parking prior to check in so that the car could be parked correctly to start with. So my room cost 200 Street parking so St $10 plus a $110 fine. I’d be better placed to book a place with parking details given from the outset

Beds comfy, but when you see the parking icon, beware this is not close by and it is an extra cost.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I could hear other guests talking loudly from their rooms. I had just transferred accommodation from a Backpackers in Kings Cross and was I really looking a good night's sleep. Also the noise from guests going in and out of their rooms was loud - It was mainly some squeaking and slamming of doors. The mini fridge gave off a strange smell, which tainted the taste of my strawberries. Just two other minor things - The light in the lift (level 8 button) was not working. This confused me and other guests. When I arrive at a hotel, the first thing I'd like to do after checking in is go to my room with complete ease and zero confusion.The ceiling in the lift looked scratched up and the mirror was cracked which didn't appear inviting at all. It was a contrast to the beautiful lobby. After viewing the lift, I began to wonder whether my room would be in the same condition. Having said that, I understand you're in the process of upgrading your lifts and many other areas of the hotel - which is great!

Reception staff were kind, friendly, and allowed me to check in early. Lobby was light and airy in appearance and decor was tasteful. The general vibe in the hotel was great. Song Kitchen is a very nice addition, with a lovely interior. Close to the hotel and easy to grab breakfast, lunch or dinner. House keeping staff were pleasant and helpful in explaining the lift and assisting with any needs. Perfect location being in a central area. And bring so close to Museum station is a bonus. I look forward to visiting again in the future to see how much everything has improved. Thanks for an overall pleasant stay!

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

They only thing I would suggest is switching up the breakfast every few days or so, just to add some variety for travelers that are staying longer. also, it was be helpful if the hotel had extra change in store for guests to break bills for laundry ($4 per load)

the value is excellent for the money. I stayed here for 13 nights and never had an issue. I had a double room with a shared bathroom. The room was very comfortable- I felt that I had everything that I needed! There was a kettle, some teas and sugars, 2 glasses, 2 mugs, 2 spoons, and hair dryer ( other than the kettle and the hairdryer, these were all a pleasant surprise to me). Additionally, there was a mini fridge that had a mini freezer (yay!). There was also an iron and ironing board. There is a safety deposit box that needs a $10 deposit (so i would suggest having a $10 AUD bill ready) inside the room, which is always something I look for when I travel. The bed is comfy and pillows are soft. The TV was good quality (though I didn't watch it too much) Towels are provided and changed daily. The internet connection was outstanding (much better than most places I've ever stayed at) all throughout the hotel. I had no problem making online phone calls or skype calls through my phone and laptop The bathrooms were good! They were nothing fancy, but clean and I felt very comfortable there during my entire stay. In the female bathroom there were 2 showers and 2 toilets and 4 sinks. Though it was shared, I often felt as though it was private since it was never busy and I was usually the only one using it. The included breakfast was simple but much better than I've had at other places. I didn't eat here every day during my stay, but mostly because I just wanted to try a lot of different foods. There was an assortment of toast, spreads: jam, butter, peanut butter, honey, vegemite, juices, a large assortment of cereals, fruit, yogurt, tea, coffee, and milk. the location was AMAZING, 3-5 minutes walk to museum station that has trains and buses that will take you anywhere you want to go. There is an IGA close by for any groceries, there are A LOT of places for food/coffee (try any coffee there! its remarkable) within a ten min radius.

• Twin Room Ensuite

Staff excellent, very good price for Sydney CBD with breakfast included. We had an ensuite room which was comfortable. Easy walk to the attractions we wanted to visit

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Blinds were difficult to get up and down. Tiny room but double bed was just ok for me and my 10 year old granddaughter, only just as she is almost as tall as I am. On the plus side - the showers were soooo good!

No croissants on the menu. Very basic breakfast - choice of three cereals, plus choice of different types of breads to toast.

• Double Room Ensuite

The only thing negative was the AC constantly on cool/cold regardless what temperature we selected.

We had a great stay. Friendly staff, great value and location for a Saturday Vivid Sydney. Thank you.

• Twin Room Ensuite

The breakfast was very disappointing for me, quite outdated rooms & all common areas but for what you pay it was fine!

The water pressure! Location, location, location...it was 100 mt from the Museum station! Perfect for someone like me with a big suitcase. Sydney is a very expensive city, so the hotel price was good..

• Single Room Ensuite

Foyer area could have seats with backs

Cooked Break fast had to be ordered up a set of stairs, Elderly people may not handle stairs too well suggest the cooked order counter be at the breakfast bar.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Rooms are too small. Lifts are broken and have to wait endlessly for using them.

Excellent central location, right next to central park. Plenty of things around to see.

• Double Room Ensuite

The Room was awful - tiny and glass windows to the floor over an atrium - absolutely terrifying for me with a height problem - I could not sleep all night so asked for a different room next morning. We had arrived late so did not do it that night. We were not aware this was or still is a Youth Hostel trying to be a boutique hotel - there was no shower gel on offer and when I asked for some I just got a shrug of the shoulders. The continental breakfast was quite poor in variety from the hundreds of hotels we have stayed in - there was no meat or cheeses at all - that is a continental breakfast in my opinion as well as cereal, croissants etc.. As we were there only 4 days we stuck it out but any longer and I would have moved if we had not been given an upgraded room free of extra charge. this was a much better room but not really with a view at all as there was a wall outside the window which tyou could look either side of if you wanted to move to the left or right. I DEFINITELY WOULD NOT EVER STAY THERE AGAIN AND WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT TO A MATURE COUPLE - IT WAS DEFINITELY A BACKPACKERS HOTEL.

Location was great for Hyde Park and the Museum Station and nearby corner shops for oddments.

• Single Room Ensuite

Internet connection was weak and mostly unavailable in the room I was in.

Staff were friendly and prompt to answer queries. Great location, easy walking distance to many of Sydney’s attractions, excellent public transport connections, good breakfast, excellent value for money. Song Kitchen is a great place to eat other meals and they help a very worthy cause.

• Double Room Ensuite

The photos on bookings.com show a premium (renovated room). The room you get is not this room, it is an old, smaller room, however still spotless and nice.

Location, cleanliness, staff, breakfast.

• Single Room Ensuite

Room was very small for what was advertised and the Toilet broke down on the second night making a noise after trying to compete with the traffic on the road so turned it off.

Wifi was good and Location was great.

• Twin Room Ensuite

No room slippers. No phone in the room hence need to walk down to reception. No bottle waters provided. Very basic room and not as fancy as depicted in the pictures.

Clean toilets and decent breakfast.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

there's only one lift that's working the time that we stayed there, that would need improvement too

I like that they use brands like LUSH for their toiletries

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Wasn’t sure on booking that it was a shared bathroom but this was my mistake for not checking properly. The blinds in the room weren’t dark enough.

Great location, walking distance to everywhere and right near a bus stop/train. Clean and comfy rooms. Nice breakfast. Good value for money.

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Felt like most of the staff were really just doing the bare minimum (particularly at reception). There were some exceptions but most didn't seem that happy in their roles. The wifi wasn't very good. Room was in need of renovation.

Location is great for sightseeing. Free breakfast was basic but nice. The reception and restaurant had been recently renovated and was really nice.

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Perfect location and breakfast was also great I stayed in a triple room, no toilet or bathroom inside but a small sink inside the closet which is kind of funny

• Single Room Ensuite

Nothing at all was glad to get out of it Never again would I even step into that hote

Ok when I booked with you I asked for a single room and a must double bed as the single are too small and if I turned I would fall out The room was a single room and single bed and I couldn't get a suit case in after that so returned to fron desk to get a double room and they tried to explain it was your fault they gave me a double room with double bed but wanted to charge me a extra $60 for it I said no bloody way anyway in good faith they gave it to me The night in that room was a night mere with door banging going all night so again went and asked for a further room change to a quiet part of the hotel Bloody poor please take me off your contact list

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Not a fan of communal bathrooms, and not enough power points in the room.

Super comfy beds, helpful staff, delicious (light) breakfast, well located for what we wanted to do.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I had to share to bathroom with everyone on the same floor. The room was very small, and the price is too hight compared to its facilities!!

There is nothing to like about the property

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

A little bit too much light coming into the room at night, blinds probably not dark enough to sleep. Brewed coffee at breakfast wasn't very strong....

Room was slightly small.

I booked an ensuite room and despite the room being slightly on the small size, the room was clean and equipped with the basic needs. The location is within walking distance to the subway station and parks.

• Double Room Ensuite

The bathroom needs more cleaning.

Continental breakfast included in tariff was basic but that's ok. It's all I wanted. And I bought a decent coffee for $3.

• Premium King Room

The rooms have just been renovated. It's clean and the staff is wonderful. The location is perfect you can walk to Darling Harbor, Chinatown, the opera house, the fish market and it's near some bus stops if you want to go to Bondi beach, line 380.

• Twin Room Ensuite

For the price I don't think anything should be better, it is basic, clean, safe and welcoming.

Have stayed here several times and never disappointed. The location is perfect for walking to Darling Harbour, we went to a concert at ICC Theatre and walked both ways. Also walk into the shops and to Circular Quay, the location is perfect. Breakfast was included and very impressive.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

the staff forced me to shift 3 times and wanted me to move to single room but I paid for double

the beds were bug infested and I was shifted 3 times. 2/3 beds had bugs.

• Twin Room Ensuite

Nothing. I had a twin room and one of the beds was uncomfortable so luckily another one was fine

Good location in CBD near Hyde park and Museum station. Very basic but comfortable and clean room with everything needed. Breakfasts and coffee at Song kitchen on GF are awesome.

• Double Room Ensuite

Shower and plumbing noise from other rooms could be heard whilst in your room. Car parking is a long walk away. If you dont have a car , no problem.

Location excellent. Short walks to Chinatown, museum station, oxford street,George street.

• Studio

I missed having some cooked tomato with the cooked breakfast. When I asked for some, I was told that only what was on the menu was available. As cooked tomato is the norm here, it would not be difficult to add this as an option.

Breakfast was fresh and delicious, including cooked breakfast. (Absence of tomato was a minus). Helpful assistance when I left my mobile charger behind.

• Premium Queen Room

In the mornings you could hear people and other guest walking in the hallway talking and laughing, i'm assuming the room doors are thin.

i loved the plants that were in the room, they were real living plants it made it feel fresh like a tranqile forrest. It was quite and peaceful at night. the bed was very comfortable and the bedding's were clean. Loved the complimentry Breakfast!

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The lifts are a bit clunky and the property is an older one.

For a budget motel the rooms are well appointed. The reception and cleaning staff were helpful and accomodating. The property has everything you need, was comfortable, clean and well located. I continue to use this motel.

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

It was difficult to find a place to put things in the bathroom. There should be a small table or something for toiletries,etc. Two suitcase racks would be helpful.

The staff was great! Helpful and friendly. The property was clean and met our needs. The location is perfect. Food in the restaurant was very good.

• Studio

The room was very small - nothing like the description on the website. There was only one bedside table and no room to use the chairs. The bathroom was cramped with insufficient towel hanging space.

• Double Room Ensuite

Some of the grout in the shower needs attention.

It was value for money, in regards to being in a fantastic location opposite a park, short walk to the train station, the price matched the age of the facilities but was still comfortable. Continental breakfast was a nice way to start the day.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Shared facilities were a small drawback due to number of people using at the time. However, I would stay again and recommend to people who are not concerned about share facilities, especially if the cost is good in comparison to other places.

Location is very good, the room was quiet enough and the bed comfortable, and the price was very competitive for the time of year.

• Double Room Ensuite

You can not call their Hotel rooms anything but small cells!! They were that small that it was dificald to get around the bed. The safe was placed at floor level in the robe, and it was imposiable to get down to see the numbers, for the lack of space!

• Twin Room Ensuite

The services are poor.the room doesn’t have a phone.we asked for a dishe for the room they never gave us. The breakfast was cheap and boring.

I like view of my room.

• Double Room Ensuite

We found some cockroach in the room and sound prod not really good we can heard the kids screech next door last during our stay one night there is fire alarm we’ve asked to go down stairs but no one tell us what is happening and what do we have to do

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Expeptional staff, they went the extra mile - let us check in 4 hours early. Then when we used the laundry vacilities they paid half towards the dryer because i accidentally used the wrong one. Perfect stay.

• Double Room Ensuite

The place is very ideal for any tourist in the city. It is near to train station and accesible to bus transportations. There were also food stalls nearby. The staffs were also accomodating.

• Twin Room Ensuite

Noisy aircon, when first arrived balcony door was jammed slightly opened, no access to balcony, breakfast was under average

Good location, staff were great very knowledgeable and helpful, clean, comfy bed

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

It's an old hotel, so everything beyond reception desk is a historical heritage. Breakfast is very very basic, so it makes sense to eat something before going down for breakfast.

Location is just great- train station, city center, Opera House and Botanic Gardens are in walking distance. Staff is the friendliest you can find on this planet- everybody was very helpful and nice.

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The breakfast was ok but the coffee is terrible and the bowl of fruits was always empty, although the staff was very gentle to refill it. Clean can be a little bit improve.

The location is a must! Near the train and the buses.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

I had no internet coverage in my room and was told I could do so in the area near the lift. Really!!!!

I found everything as I expected as I have stayed before. The reason is the location which was convenient for my business interest.

• Double Room Ensuite

Curtains in our room were too thin to provide ample privacy. The elevator is old, some of the buttons dont glow when pressed, you won't know if it's working or not. Breakfast lacks variety.

Location!!! Close to the metro station and everything else within Sydney CBD. They are renovating, which means improved facilities which is great!!

• Double Room Ensuite

Very clean, very quiet hotel in a fantastic location. Simple facilities but had everything that you needed, and everything was very well kept. Breakfast was a nice bonus too.

• Studio

My only complaints are the centralise aircon was strong and direct blow to our head. It also noisy at night.

We love this location located near to Museum station.

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Nobody knows about that place as a hotel even next door 👎

It is not hotel, it is hostel, one small room 3 bed next to each other no space, the q.v. is share with another room end of the saloon, we could not sleep, because when next room open the door or closed the door , noice make every one to wake .very bad situation,we are not suggest some one els go there,breakfast just some bread no egged no sussage , what breakfast is it, what hotel is it 👎👎👎👎

• Single Room Ensuite

The 2PM check-in was a bit late but luckily my room was ready at 1PM when I got to the hotel.

Great location - 5 minutes from the Museum stop which is handy for the train to/from the airport. On the corner of Hyde Park where all the sight seeing starts. About 25 minutes walk to the Harbour Bridge & Opera House but lots of sights to see along the way. Hotel breakfast was excellent & good value for money. Room was clean and quiet.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The hotel was being renovated, the windows were filthy, shared bathroom and a very small room.

Convenience to the city and public transport. The staff were very friendly.

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was very dirty and smelly and the balcony door was fused shut which meant the room was like an oven as the aircon was loud, smelly and in effective. It was a shared bathroom set up the and the bathroom was also very unclean. There is no parking at the hotel I had to walk a kilometer to a public car park that the hotel has a deal with which was reasonably priced but the distance in the rain and uphill was simply not good enough. And I paid $300 foo the privilege..

Staff very helpful and super fast check in/check out. Location was close to my needs

• Single Room Ensuite

the wifi just wasn't working properly. It wasn't a hundred per cent clean when I arrived

The location is excellent, it was great being able to store my luggage

The shower facilities could be attended to on a frequent basis as taps were dripping toilets needed repairs and Im guessing all this will be addressed once all the renovations are complete. Maybe supply more milk in the fridge for tea coffee

The beds was comfy especially after a long drive to the city, rooms were clean however bathroom faciity could be attended to more often, location excellent and the breakfast was a great value with the accommodation

• Twin Room Ensuite

A little more water pressure in the shower would have been appreciated and a slightly lower setting on the airconditioning

The staff were excellent. Did not meet one staff member who did not go out of their way to help. Breakfast was good, room compact but comfortable and had everything that is needed. The locaiton was great

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Need to be a big firm in the laundry hours machines going till all hours. Banking of doors was very not respectful. Did not realise no mention in ad on a noisy road is always good to know . the TV had problems with signals tolling like a wave.

Close to transport handy to everything. Friendly reception. Great clean the bathroom 3 days saves slips. Everything centrally located. Would o aider staying again here functions in cbd. Great bedrokm opens just for some fresh air.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I got stung by bigger fees than it said I would pay deducted off my card and staff were not accommodating to this one bit nor helpful to try and explain why or to reimburse

Location is close to shopping and restaurants

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The bathrooms were small and not that great on each floor, they were clean enough but not in full working order. The lift is old and slow too.

This is a great but small room in an excellent location with a good breakfast included. Rooms are nice and have all the facilities you would want apart from a bathroom.

Browse Song Hotel Sydney traveller photo gallery