Reviews of Brickell Bay Beach Club Boutique Hotel & Spa - Adults Only 3 stars

J.E. Irausquin Blvd 370, Palm-Eagle Beach, Aruba

#29 of 37 hotels in Palm-Eagle Beach

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

The experience of a discount hotel - not a luxury hotel.
    • Superior King Room

They did not get my room type correct. Then I attempted to change rooms on a number of occasions - it took several trips and a couple days to finally get the right room (king bed). Customer care could have been MUCH better.

The location.

The location made the vacation memorable.

No fridge in room. No towels in toom after cleaning, had to ask every night. Front desk personnel never forwarded follow up communication after complains

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Room for Improvement

Room 119: curtains had holes, fridge was removed, bathroom sink Room 120: handle of faucets rusted and too tight to turn, AC was at 16degrees and the room still didn't cool, fridge removed, houskeeping forgot clean towels few times, no air dryer so floor stayed wet and room moist. Wifi was not at its best No first Aid kit e.g bandaid at front desk

Room 119 was kept clean and had a airdryer to keep floors dry and moist out. Beach towels available Staff is very friendly but have limited in resources, come across as inexperience Walking disance from nightlife and dining

I will see you next time

n?a

The Brickell Bay Beach Club is at a good location stores restaurant beaches take a bus to the downtown area. If you need information on were to go ask the pool bar tender name Juan Carlos he will provide excellent ideas.

Overall it was great! I would return to Brickell Bay!
    • Superior King Room

I didn’t like the dogs that were hovering around at the restaraunt while we were eating breakfast.

I loved everything! Especially the club attached to the back gate of the pool. It was very convenient after a long beach and shopping day to go to the bar/club, then back to the room.

Everything was nice.
    • Superior King Room

I love everything except when our ac broke. But thwy were great about it getting fixed.

Everything was nice. The people that work there especially Marie that cleaned our rooms.

Its located in the best part of palm beach, near to...
    • Superior Triple Room

Beach club close at 5pm, that is too early.

Its located in the best part of palm beach, near to everything. Beach is great and really close. Staff is really nice to guest, all is really clean and nice.

Mold mildew and rundown
    • Superior King Room

Mold in the building made me so sick that I had to leave after 3 days into a 7 day stay. The pool was green and full of algae. I spoke with people who all got a rash from it. I was woken up at 2:30 am by a drunk woman who was running up n down the hall looking for sex. Management never responded to complaints. Save your money for somewhere that won’t make you sick.

Young ‘flash-packer’ - VERY NOISY!!!
    • Superior King Room

Comfortable beds, but no sleep with the noise. I always say I can sleep through anything - But not here it seems. I was watching the clock thinking it would stop on the next half hour. 12, 12:30am, 1am, 1:30am, 2am, 2:30am, 3am. At 3am the noise finally stopped. If you are going to be out all night then this is the place for you.

Great location, close to the beach, lots of nice restaurants, very friendly staff, clean, warm showers (unlike the Renaissance!), pool bar, lovely cocktails and 1 free rum punch, Overall a great hotel! Would have a perfect 10/10 if it wasn’t for the noise!

Quick and easy
    • Superior King Room

Old facility. Fitness center was the worst.

Hotel looked a lot better on booking pictures. I also booked a king size and got two doubles so didn't get lucky.

Super Clean, accommodating, excellent value, I loved that it...
    • Superior King Room

Super Clean, accommodating, excellent value, I loved that it was adults only. 3 minute walk to Palm Beach where Brickell has private palapas and lounge chairs at no cost right on the beach. Their restaurant Joe & Guiseppe's was delicious (I ate their twice!) The swim-up bar in the sparkling pool was a bonus! Literally hundreds of restaurants and shopping venues within walking distance. Notable staff: Calvin, Andria, Brandon, Ramphes (Kelly), Feliz, Juan Carlos and Mechelline were all incredibly accommodating and willing to help. They all really made my "escape" to Aruba extremely memorable. I will stay here again!

All you need for a nice stay in Aruba
    • Superior King Room

We didn't like the closing time for the service chairs in the beach, 5pm was very early to move all the personal things directly to the floor. The coffee disposed for guests was very good but no longer available after 10am. We didn't like to much the waiter service at the restaurant, it felt uncomfortable, like if the quality service were depending on how much you were spending on.

Location, it is pretty close to the beach. The staff was very kind and helpful. And we really loved the crushed Ice Box available in every floor. The room was very spaceful and the clean staff were very attentive to keep the room tidy and clean.

overall not a bad value
    • Superior King Room

Our mini fridge did not work, if I was there for more than two nights it would have been a problem.

The pool is nice, good location, no kids, and a decent price.

The location to the soul fest events at the hilton was good.
    • Superior King Room

My first room had a leaking air conditioner ,mildew smell put me in some respiratory distress.I cough all night with dificulty breathing.

The location to the soul fest events at the hilton was good.The breakfast was good.The second was nicer and more updated furniture

Please Visit!!!!You wont want to leave!!

I loved it!!

I love the location, right by everything. The bus is $2.30 USD if you dont have it the bus driver will make change. My room was huge and very clean. I was in room 210. They are very attentive. I love Rochelle. She is the person that I was communicating with until I got to Aruba and she continued to help throughout all the excursions I scheduled. They scheduled round-trip airport transfers for me. The workers were really nice. They will help you find anything that you are looking for(Keifer & Marvin are sweethearts). Feliz is very nice front desk manager. The pool is very relaxing. The clubs are right next door so you can party til you drop. All the hotels are near it, restaurants Benihana, KFC, Aqua Grill, Dominoes, the Supermarket etc.

Low budget stay.
    • Superior Triple Room

Room was moist and not cozy at all. Bed felt wet at all times. Towels were dingy. Didn't even know if room service came in to clean. Couldn't even tell. Not pleased at all. Restaurant was really nice

GREAT place to stay in Aruba and very much recommended !!!
    • Superior King Room

We got their a little early and were given a different room on the back of the hotel (corrected the next day with very little trouble) and found that the bars in the back of the hotel were a bit noisy at times with the music. I wouldn't say it was "bad" but that was about the only thing that we didn't like.

The staff of the Brickell Bay Beach Club was great. Everyone was extremely nice and all wanted us to enjoy our first trip to Aruba. I was surprised to see some negative comments regarding the location to the beach, however not only was it an extremely easy short walk to their reserved area (which is free of charge) the hotel would also happily take you over in their shuttle if you didn't walk. Rooms were clean, property was clean and the pool area was great to relax if you wanted off the beach. Stayed there for 7 nights and would go back again without hesitation. TONS of restaurant choices nearby and a very good/safe area.

Excellent deal but keep your stuff locked
    • Superior King Room

WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE. Maids touched and tried on my bracelet which I found out opened up lying on the table. I vividly remember leaving it closed. Moreover it was bent! It had a perfectly round shape when I bought it (made of silver). And I found it opened up and bent. Absolutely unacceptable!

Cleaning was great. Towels have been changed every day. Bed made up, floors clean. Ordered breakfast consisted of scrambled or fried eggs with either cheese or beacon or sausage. Toasts, butter, jam, fresh orange juice, tea/coffee. Delicious, but every morning the same. Beach. 5 min from the hotel. Towels are given. Sunbeds and umbrella for free.

Why was this all perfect? Location, friendly staff, very comfy and clean room.
    • Newly Renovated - Superior Quadruple Room

We didn't like leaving! Just a weekend was to short!!

Excellent beds and very clean room. Quiet even though the room was next to the elevator. Staff was very friendly and everything is just steps away, beach, restaurants, bars. Perfect spot!

The hotel was very convenient and for the money we paid it was affordable but my overall experience
    • Newly Renovated - Superior Quadruple Room

The fact that it says adult only and the pool close around 7pm.

We cut the air conditioner off cuz it was cold I came to find out that we couldn't cut the air off because it would leak so the floor was wet when we woke up in the morning

It was very comfortable
    • Superior King Room

I could have used an electrical outlet by the bed

The bed was comfortable and they cleaned when I was out in the afternoon. It was quiet when I was sleeping The black out shades worked well.

Overall great stay in a perfect location, steps to the beach, restaurants, nightlife, casinos.
    • Superior King Room

The gym area could have been a little nicer and we didn’t have a phone in our room.

The bed was very comfortable and the location was excellent. We also appreciated the beach towels and chairs, as well as the complementary welcome drink at the pool bar. The staff was also very nice.

Awful and depressing.
    • Superior King Room

Don’t let the pictures fool you. This place is a dump. The lobby and hallways are dark, dingy, dirty, and shop worn. My initial room was a nightmare. The humidity in the room was 100% despite turning down the AC to as low as possible as a result everything from the sheets to my clothes were wet as well as the tile floor. There were holes in the wall. The wood on the bathroom door was rotting. There absolutely was no hot water, the toilet ran all night and to make matters worse, there was a loud nightclub outside my window that blasted music until 1:00 am. After complaining, I was placed in the room next door. This was only slightly better but again, very humid room with damp sheets, no hot water and of course the nightclub next door. I was scheduled to stay two more nights but checked out early with no refund mind you. I went to the Holiday Inn and had beautiful accommodations for the next two nights with a very nice hot shower. If you want to avoid a disastrous experience in Aruba, steer clear of the Brikel Bay!!

Very comfortable.
    • Superior King Room

Our only complaint is that the room didn't have a microwave to heat up our leftovers.

The bed was great. The breakfast was also great. Had trouble getting the WIFI connected. Staff very helpful. Pool and pool bar great. Especially liked the privacy of the pool area. The drinks were great too.

Knew that the resort was not new and needed some lipstick and mascera when we booked. It was OK.
    • Superior King Room

Prepaid breakfast menu selection. Needs fruit cocktail choices other than Bacon, Eggs and Sausage only. More choice! Paint the concrete pool!

Food, people (staff) and especially the Manager, JUAN.

Great location, but that’s all this property has going for it - avoid!
    • Superior King Room

First room we were put in had no a/c. We asked about it when leaving for dinner & were told it would be fixed. We returned to a 90-degree F room and no notice from the hotel. Called again & a new room was found, but no moving assistance offered. New room had no fridge (old one did), bathroom lights didn’t work and it was less clean than the one we vacated, but the A/C did work. We asked for a fridge (because we had one in the previous room, we’d purchased some groceries). One was repeatedly promised but never provided. The bathroom was disgusting. The toilet leaked from its base, the floor was dirty and the tile near the door broken off. The door frame and hinges were rusty and damp to the touch (see photos). The bathroom light stopped working our first night there. It was a 2 bulb fixture, but they only replaced 1 bulb, and that with a very dim one. The shelf in the shower was coming off the wall and the retractable clothesline was permanently extended - tied with a knot to the showerhead. I’m tall, and almost caught it in the throat the first time I showered. The tub was dirty and chipped and extremely slippery when wet - an accident waiting to happen. The hotel provided 1 hand towel 1 washcloth and 2 bathtowels for 2 people.

The checkin experience was the highlight - friendly and welcoming. It was downhill from there. The location was great - close to everything you’d want on Aruba, though not oceanfront. That’s the only good thing I can say about this property. If your room is on the right side of the building towards the back, could be a little too close to everything - a VERY loud nighclub is next door to the hotel on that side.

Excellent staff, nice people
    • Newly Renovated - Superior Quadruple Room

Beds could be a little bigger - more pillows - improved HVAC, but your in Aruba! So who cares!

Location, Location, Location - Piano Bar, Salt&Pepper, BBQ Place - Easy stumble back to room!

Good value for Palm Beach Aruba
    • Superior King Room

No coffee pot in room and extra fee for a refrigerator. In most hotels this is standard. We had the breakfast included option. The food was good, but would have liked more variety.

Great value hotel within walking distance to nice restaurants and the beach. Staff was very nice and attentive.

My stay at Brickell Bay
    • Superior Triple Room

Bed mattresses and pillows were horrible. Bad need of replacement. The shower floods thee bathroom when you shower. Room to small for a triple size.

Close to everything, didn't have to get bus or cab to restaurants and entertainment. Staff was very nice; however, you couldn't get adequate washcloths and hand towels.

Rooms need updating hallways need brighten up, Keep the staff.
    • Superior King Room

Service at the restaurant was horibble aswell as the food for the first few days. At that point I did complain your manager listented she made corrections in the kitchen from then on I had Kelly do my cooking, which was awesome.

The staff made our stay there more pleasurable for sure, Keifer at the front enterance. Kelly at the Pool, and Brendon are your star employees.

Great location but I would never stay again. Take other hotel. Even not so well located, rent car.
    • Superior King Room

Frozen shower every day. When help came, I had 2 options: freeze or burn... the breakfast took an eternity to get ready. And I hate lost time when travelling. Information was always confused and not rarely wrong.

Location only

It was ok for one night, but wouldn’t stay there for a vacation.
    • Superior King Room

A lot of rusty spots and chipped paint in the bathroom. Not on the beach. Noise from adjacent room. Needs repairs.

Stayed only one night. The free breakfast was great. Free wifi. Nice pool with swim up bar.

Staff was helpful, property near everything and beach...
    • Superior King Room

Old property, no central ac, constantly running out of beach and room towels. The view is of the parking lot but if you look to the right you'll see the hills of the island. The windows and doors are old so the strong Aruba winds made tons of noise. You eventually get used to it though.

Staff was helpful, property near everything and beach walking distance. Always fresh fruit water in lobby. Small gym had the basics.

Would definitely go again next year
    • Superior King Room

Pillows need updating. Did not realize I could have requested a feather pillow. First room door held together by a bracket and screws. Moved to a new room.

Very accommodating to change my room. Everyone went out of their way to accommodate us. Place is clean and quiet and near everything.

Dire need of room updates. Great location.
    • Superior King Room

If you are looking for rooms with a view, this is not the place for you. The hotel is oriented such that its long side goes away from the street. You will have a 5 minute walk to the beach, out the hotel, across the street, through a long parking area, then the sand. In the 2 days that we were there, we saw no one at the pool-Pictures show happy people sitting at the pool bar-only 1 side had water in it and we did not see it open while we were there. Our booked room-King Bed-looked nice except for the beat up a/c unit which was not working. After hours of giving it an opportunity to cool the room-it failed and they moved our room. No more King Beds we were told and we were moved across the hall to a double-double. That room was cool, and that is the only positive thing I can say about the room. It was in DIRE need of updates. NO outlets in the bathroom (a nice hair dryer with no place to plug in). The combo tub had a faucet that the handles didn't match and a shower head that barely sprayed. Looking up would show you a may time repaired ceiling and rust. There was a sharp 1 inch lip as you walked into the bathroom that was a Toe-Stubbing wake up to your nightly relief (we put towels down to remind us). Do not expect that Nightly Turndown or Chocolates-or maybe they just forgot us. In our opinion, the marketing and promises exceeded what was our reality. We moved to this hotel from a beachfront large hotel to save some $$ - WRONG move.

The common area when you walk in presents well. The lobby and hallways are open air. The location of this boutique hotel is by far it's strongest asset. If you like a tile floor in your hotel room, you should like these rooms. Very basic breakfast was included in our rate.

How can you be unhappy in Aruba?? We will return to this beautiful island soon!
    • Superior King Room

We reserved a King room; were given 2 doubles. The response to our request to be moved was, "We can't guarantee a room request." Windows are screwed shut, so we could not enjoy the amazing air and breeze. Bedding left much to be desired. Poor quality sheets and a plastic mattress pad made for an uncomfortable first night. There is no light blanket available - the only cover is a heavy comforter.

Location - Excellent! Enjoy the quick stroll to the lovely beach or let staff whisk you away in the golf cart. Great food choices all around, many shopping opportunities, too. Bring a fun salt & pepper set to leave at Salt & Pepper next door. Staff - Friendly, engaging, helpful! Rochelle is a top-notch ambassador of good will!

It could be better .
    • Superior King Room

Old , noisy air conditioner system! Demand of 200 dolars check-in, given back at check-out. I´ve never seen anything so ridiculous and unpleasant like that throughout the world! Once enough!

Great location , two blocks to Palm Beach and nearside the best things to do at night. Confortable room with a very good bed, average staff. Satisfactory breakfast.

For the first time breakfast was not included.
    • Superior King Room

For the first time breakfast was not included. I booked in october asking especifically a room with the new air conditioning , but they put us in a room with the old one that leaks and leave water on the room floor..( i knew that ), and we didnt get the late check out as i am entitle to get as i am a genius in the booking.com!

The stay was ok.
    • Superior Triple Room

The hotel isn’t worth the price. It needs a lot of renovations done. It also wasn’t clean. We had to tell maintenance to clean the sheets and restroom. They wouldn’t give us a refund to go to another hotel.

Free WiFi and the staff was friendly

Terrible and overpriced hotel
    • Superior King Room

Really terrible. Way worse than it looks like on the pictures. From the location on a back street to the customer service, the outdated facilities...We spent 12 fantastic days in Aruba at the Amsterdam Manor and only one night at the Brickell Bay made us want to leave as soon as possible. Would not recommend it or go back!

Good location for a midrise. Easy access to pavilion, beach, shops, and nightlife.
    • Superior King Room

Facility is run down and has some structural problems with plumbing and ventilation. Room service is slow, under-cooked, and delivered cold. While staff was helpful with booking activities, they do push you towards the lower-quality options that invest too much in advertising and too little in actual service. They are also a bit weird about payment and not very good at explaining why (ex: pay for stay when checking in, not out; additional deposit taken and not explained well). One gets the sense they have a history of guests refusing to pay over their dissatisfaction with the facility. While my room was okay, if not a bit old and needing some maintenance, other guests on the beach reported some disturbing problems.

Friendly, helpful staff. Good location for access to beach, pavilion, restaurants, shops, nightlife. On-site masseuse is great value.

Great experience! There was a lot to do on the island. We plan on going back soon.
    • Superior King Room

The hotel is showing its age and lack of up to date maintenance. Had to run a humidifier 24/7 in the room and empty the humidifier at least twice a day. If we didn't water condensed on the floor making a mess. We found this out the hard way. Both the humidifier and AC were noisy.

The location was dead on with being near the beach, restaurants and shops. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The concierge, Brandon was extremely obliging in helping us choose tours and restaurants during our stay. His suggestions were always good. The beach was just across the road from the hotel By not staying on the beach side we saved a ton of money.

The pool staff was great- Axel and Kelly.

The rooms were very humid, the double beds were too soft, the pool towels were worn and not always available, the room decor was lacking and the ventilation system needs an upgrade.

The pool staff was great- Axel and Kelly. Breakfast included. Great central location.

Not recommending to anyone
    • Newly Renovated - Superior Quadruple Room

Was marketed as resort and updated rooms with over $400 per night rate. It was absolutely disappointing. The room was run down.

Absolutely nothing The worst place I have ever stayed ever

good for one night but not more
    • Superior King Room

we booked 2 rooms at a rate of 102 dollars and they said that they only charged my card for 1 and they gave me 1 single room. prices were not as agreed on our reservation, only in taxes the rate increased almost 40%. For 1 night to catch a plane was ok but not comfortable, bath was clean. the pillows were not comfy.

Will not come back
    • Superior Triple Room

Pool was dirty, our neighbours next door were extremely noisy, WiFi was not working inside the room. Windows don't open, breakfast was poor.

Great location and free parking on site

Excellent - but with one serious potential problem
    • Superior King Room

The hotel has a serious dampness problem in some rooms, which they try to counter by having aircon at very low temperature. Although this probably stops mould from developing, it leaves everything in the room feeling damp, and the floors very slippery/ slimy. If you get one of these rooms (we did) insist on being moved. Non-affected rooms are good. The hotel badly needs to get more de-humidifiers.

Friendly hotel, well managed, compared to others around - good value - BUT with one serious problem.

When you go to Aruba, do not stay at this hotel, look for other options in the north of the island w

very, very expensive,

Hotel very overpriced, old apartment, bad bed, bathroom clogged, we will not be returning to this Hotel, do not book this hotel through the photos.

Prrfect location for a good price
    • Superior King Room

Our first room was bad,but we got an other one.

After our first night we got a new room,because the first one was very noisy. Everyone was nice and helpful. Every day we got fresh towels and chocolate at night :-). The breakfast was also really good. I would recommend this place to everyone,but make sure your room is not too noisy and refurbished. The beach was also only 5 minutes walk. Free beach chairs and a stunning atmosphere.

Fantastic!

WiFi Did not work on my mobile

Rooms were spacious, comfortable and clean. Location close to beach and nightlife. Front desk quickly resolved our issues

Good Budget Hotel. We would stay again.

We paid extra for a deluxe room so we would have a refrigerator and our room did not have one. Took 2 days with multiple reminders to the staff and when they finally brought it the refrigerator was so small it only held a few water bottles and some cheese. The girl at the front desk on days was terrible wish I got her name.

cleanliness and location. Felix and Axel were wonderful.

• Superior Triple Room

Its old, its not clean, bad Service , they dont give shampo, conditioner, soap, towels are not clean..!!! ***WARNING DO NOOOT COME THE WORST HOTEL EVERRRRR NO VENGA EL PEOR HOTEL QUE PUEDA EXISTIR ES ESTE

Nothing.. OLD HOTEL BAD SERVICE.. DONT COME YOU WILL WASTE YOUR MONEY.. NO VENGA

Nice hotel away from AI crowd
    • Superior King Room

I would give more informations to the guests on the facilities at check-in - we had no idea that coffee was lied out in front of the elevators in the morning, that there was a guest's laundry - and we had to ask where the beach was (Brandon was super nice to take us there and also explain about nice places to eat). So maybe just 5 minutes to explain what the hotel can offer. Thanks !

The staff was very nice, especially Brandon. It's located in a very central position - so it's perfect if you want to walk to have food, though we were not fan of palm beach (too many families, crowds and hotels). It's nice that they have beach lounges there though. If you practice yoga, it's at less than 10 minutes walk from Island yoga - the brand new studio in town.

It was a nice long weekend.
    • Superior King Room

The room was very humid, no ventilation we had to keep the ac on low (cold) for the towels to dry maybe because of the rain. The bed felt damp during the night.

Great location and facilities.

Nice and comfortable for the price.
    • Superior King Room

The housekeeping staff were lackadaisical and I asked a dozen times for washcloths and still they did not get it correct.

The food/beverage staff were very excellent and made us feel like royalty while there.

My stay was terrible. The hotel needs upgrading.
    • Superior King Room

The hotel was terrible. There was no wifi. I was told the wifi was not working. When travelling on a business trips wifi is very essential. Should have paid the additional funds for a better hotel.

Disgusting room
    • Superior King Room

The bathroom was incredibly disgusting, I was so impressed how this people can rent a hotel room in this conditions. The WC Cover was completely broken. The WC cover felt down in the floor when I wanted to close it. The door holder was completely rusty, I told the staff about it and they even said we are sorry. Incredible Please dont stay at the room 111, What a dissapointment I will post some photos for people can see what is the reality at this nightmare room.

Definitely do not recommend here!
    • Superior King Room

The rooms were moist and smelled wet and old. The beds were terrible. It’s time for them to change the mattresses. Breakfast was limited. The complimentary breakfast which I paid for consisted of only eggs, bacon, potatoes and toast, one glass of coffee and one glass of juice. The shower came in only 3 stages - very cold, semi cold and scorching hot which left me to shower with semi cold water for 6 days unfortunately. There are literally no available plug outlets which made it difficult for my companion and I to charge our phones simultaneously.

I only liked the location

Very disappointed
    • Superior King Room

the advertised shuttle to the beach had broken down& never fixed. the advertised free phone calls to the USA did not work and for seven days they were fixing it "soon". The shower leaked onto the floor and tub needed recaulking. Hair dryer did not work. we reported these items to maintenance who did nothing about them. room could have used one comfortable padded chair to sit in as well as the hard desk chair. mattress was much too soft to be comfortable

it was clean and walking distance to the high-rise resorts and restaurants

BLOODY brilliant
    • Superior King Room

The bed was massive and amazing So comfy! All of the staff were so nice! Jean rick, delis, Juan, sharifa, axl, amarisa, Milan, denzel, Jose ..... too many too mention. Amazing service, cannot day enough good things about the place and people BLOODY brilliant xxx

I did not like the staying at all. Great location but horrible service.
    • Superior Triple Room

1. Every day that the ladies cleaned our room there was no new shampoo/conditioning/soaps etc. 2. Every single time we had to ask for an extra towel even though they knew that 3 people were staying in that room. 3.the floor was dirty the entire time. 4.staff weren't as friendly. 5. I went downstairs to ask for towels because we did not get any and I had to wait over an hour for them to bring me towels. 6. The food at the hotel wasn't as good. 7. You couldn't open the window at the room.

Good location, the room was large and clean.
    • Superior King Room

They had icebuckets but no fridge, a fridge is the one thing I really missed! The breakfast in the restaurant was too expensive compared to the quality! They claim the rooms are sound proof, they are not - the party at the bar was hopping every night until 1 or so and the music went straight through the door!

Good location, the room was large and clean. friendly and helpful staff!

Nice

No lights in the halls

The staff were really friendly and sweet, I was travelling alone so worked out a big pricey but best price for the area, nice mix of nationalities staying at hotel

Windows sealed, damp floor, cold room
    • Superior King Room

I can't stress enough how frustrated I was with the room. First you can't open the windows because they are sealed. So as I wanted to turn the aircon off at times I could not have some fresh air coming or as it's often good in beach places, to dry my swimwear near the window.Fine I turned the aircon off or left it not too cold also because it's not healthy the harsh changes in temperature. Then I was finding odd that I kept coming back to the room and the floor was really damp. I called reception and they said I need to leave the aircon on AT ALL TIMES to not have the damp floor. So thanks to that I developed a cold and was freezing indoors. Now the best part of it all is that you pay for their mistake because they charge 20% of 'service charge' which I'm pretty sure is that high because of all the eletricity spent (so much for sustainability right?).

Staff is lovely and location is good

I recommend this hotel but be careful with rooms maintenance
    • Superior King Room

I stayed 2 years ago at this hotel and the room was much better. In this opportunity the bathroom has a broken counter. The AA does not function well. The tiles of the floor are broken. The window curtain is not properly fixed. In general the room #420 needs to update.

I like the hotel staff: Front desk, swimming pool, bell boy. All were very helpful. The hotel location is convenien. The hotel transfer rate to the airport is excellent.

Wonderful stay at Brickell Bay Beach Club - Can't wait to return!
    • Superior King Room

This place is a bit of a hidden treasure! It is off the main road, and tucked in behind lots of restaurants and shops. We felt welcome from the minute we arrived, being greeted and our bags taken to our room for us, water on arrival, air conditioner turned on in the room. The staff played a big part in making our stay wonderful, they were lovely and helpful, rooms were very comfortable, nicely decorated and clean, with exercise facilities located in the hotel. There is a pool, but the beach was about a 5 minute walk away. Ensure you check out trip advisor for some cheap but AMAZING eats that are by Brickells Beach area: Eduardos beach shack, and Scotts Bratts! There are restaurants and shops within walking distance, the butterfly farm is approx 15 minute walk from the hotel. We loved Aruba and Brickell Bay, definitely One Happy Island!

Several small issues
    • Superior King Room

Old hotel trying to be a boutique hotel, but air conditioning did not work well, lock of the door broke twice, no refrigerator in the room as advertised and after complaining took a long time for them to accommodate us in another room with similar problems. Not on the beach, in the back street where you can have several restaurants, if they had a fair price and fixed room problems they would get customers more satisfied

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Perfect location in a modest hotel
    • Superior King Room

Could use an upgrade to everything within the room (pillows, temperature control). Modestly sized pool. Poor workout area (3 cardio machines and barely any room to use free weights).

Friendly staff, and comfortable room equipped with the essentials. Location couldn't be any more perfect! Beach towel provided (2 minute walk). Short walk from bus stop to explore downtown or other parts on the west of the island (found this out from local not hotel).

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Shady
    • Superior King Room

On Saturday they re-rented my room! I went to go into my room and there was someone else staying in it! I paid for 3 nights and had only stayed one night at that point. They did refund me my money for two nights.

If you can afford elsewhere I would suggest looking at that option.
    • Superior King Room

The websites states the use of a hotel beach. This involves two free parasols at the back of the beach behind a bush that everyone fights for as shade is wanted by many at points during the day or beds right by the sea with no shade. The rest are to be paid for, something that was not mentioned. There are also no amenities at the beach for hotel guests. The 'adjoining' restaurant's breakfast is very expensive and the eggs are disappointing. Communication lacks within the restaurant when ordering breakfast over the phone, it resulted in us not having breakfast on our last day and having to argue about not paying due to their miscommunication and lack of efforts, very disappointing after being regular customers too. Reception were generally friendly but again miscommunications between staff on our last day. We booked a taxi/shuttle to the airport for later in the day upon checkout and were told this was done and to be there at 4pm. The gentleman at the doors requested the name of our transport which reception told us and said we had paid upon checkout. At 4:15 when we enquired as to where the taxi was they said it had never been booked and couldn't have been as we had to book a day before. Sadly, both the restaurant and reception are unwilling to admit their mistakes and tell the customer they are wrong when they actually aren't. Pool and drinks were nice but the bar man did express his very one sided point of view regarding recent politics and argued with clients.

The hotel is located close to the beach and restaurants. The swimming pool is nice with a bar serving drinks and puts orders through at the 'adjoining' restaurant at the hotel. Beds and rooms are comfortable. Food at the adjoining restaurant can be nice (ham and turkey wrap-nice and french toast -enough for two) and plentiful especially by British standards. Men at the doors are very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

The staff was friendly and accommodating.
    • Superior King Room

The staff was friendly and accommodating. We were within walking distance from anything we could want, beach, food, drinks, etc. Overall a pleasant stay.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Don't think we will stay here again.....
    • Superior Triple Room

Found hair in bathroom (not mine). Maids/employees need to be more friendly. It is a shame when you are in the hall and they don't say hello, smile or even greet you. We would have tipped more had they been more engaged or actually acted like they wanted us there. This hotel appeared to have just changed hands. Trying to do improvements. Beds seem old. Dressers/furnishings need updating. If you don't leave A/C on your room starts to smell moldy. They advertise Adults only; however there was a pool party going on and it have a 1/2 dozen kids or so. (maybe locals booking it for the weekend). They advertise a shuttle to beach - "Oh, sorry not working." (mom has bad knees so we asked). Also, when you get to beach this property has beach space. You will get hustled for $5 for a chair. Don't pay it! Just keep walking and grab chairs in the sandy area marked "Brickell Bay."

The bartender was wonderful!! Great personality and knew everyone's name. The location was fantastic. A two minute walk to the beach but at night in the middle of everything going on!! The property is pretty slow right now so pool chairs are abundant. (Best value on Beach: Marcel's snorkel. three hours for $45 per person on an 8 Max persons boat). See Sandra on the beach. Her tent is right where you get your chairs.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

The best hotel in Aruba, amazing staff and friendly people
    • Superior King Room

Nothing, it was absolutely amazing

The best hotel value for money in all Aruba. The staff was so friendly and accommodating, every request we had they helped us with. Amazing place, I will stay here again and recommend it to my friends

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Don't go!!!!
    • Superior King Room

Very slick floors, dirty, one girl at the desk was very rude. Very over priced for the type of service an cleaness, we will never go back.

Good location. Cynthia at the pool bar very friendly.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Comfortable and safe environment
    • Superior King Room

AC was a little noisy and shower drain was very slow going down. Reported it but was not corrected

Great location. Staff very polite and helpful. Very clean. Public Transportation easily available.