Reviews of Barceló Aruba - All Inclusive 4 stars

J.E.Irausquin Blvd.83, Palm-Eagle Beach, Aruba

#15 of 31 hotels in Palm-Eagle Beach

3.6

The staff

The premium level is nice but it was supposed to include a premium liquor package. We checked in after 3pm as per their rules. The only bar with premium liquor at the pool closes at 5. So we got their at 4:45 and the Staff told us they were closed. Staff is unfriendly.

• Deluxe Room

A waiter at the italian restaurant gave our desserts to the table next to ours (they were not even guests at the hotel) and they lied to us and said that there were no more desserts and that the other table ordered them before we did. We know that this was a lie, because we arrived at the same time, they ordered desserts at the end of their dinner and we did it at the beggining. Such a little thing (a dessert), but such an uncomfortable moment, made us feel very dissrespected and dissapointed.

The staff by the pool was very helpful. Our room was always clean. Nice shower. Good place for not worring about anything, all meals included + pool + beach.

nothing really

staff awesome, especially in the royal level. reserving of beach huts troublesome but understandable given there are a limited number. lots of chairs though without huts.

• Deluxe double with lateral pool and ocean view

The room, the bed, the AC, smell in the room, the metal thing I almost stepped on in the shower, the leak u dear the sink, the high quantities of over cooked unappetizing food in the buffet restaurant, old scratched and dingy furniture, getting hustled on the beach to secure palapas, etc....Also, phone in room was broken and not repaired despite my four trips to the lobby to report it, including a discussion with the Manager, Martin, who assured me it would be fixed. Had older children in another room that I needed to be able to call and other people in our group. No follow up or explanation was offerered. Despite nice staff onsite, this was the worst service I ever experienced at a hotel. Imagine having walk to the lobby every time you needed something or had a question. Gave up on day three, then just waited to leave....

The staff were very helpful and accommodating to the extent the resort allowed them to be. The location and beach were also very nice. Bar tenders very good and generous pours.

• Deluxe Room

The kids club is close to null. I can not imagine any kid would wanted to stay there for more than 1/2 hour. Food variety at main buffet is very limited, mostly the same every day. Food quality is very average .

Location is amazing, beach is very good, ocean is gorgeous, stuff is very friendly.

• Deluxe double with lateral pool and ocean view

Rooms need to be updated. Day we arrived refrigerator, and safe didn't work and no place to put luggage on. Language issues with staff, they did not always understand what we were asking for. All inclusive liquor was drinks made with mixers and no top shelf liquor , limited brands of liquor. Guests have to get up at 5am to save yourself a chair at pool or get an thatched umbrella at beach. Definitely NOT a 4 star hotel !!!!! Also one of smaller pools was drained and being worked on.Only supervisors seem to speak and understand English well and regular staff people struggle especially housekeeping.

Beautiful beach, front desk day manager Genny was great and did her best to accommodate us but she can only work with what she has been given.

• Deluxe double with lateral pool and ocean view

Wasn't real clear on shuttle to resort prior to getting there

Everything was beautiful, staff was great totally enjoyed it. Would recommend it to anyone, as have already done with friends and family. They all want to go now especially after hearing and seeing the pictures

• Deluxe double with lateral pool and ocean view

We had difficulty getting into the 4 other restaurants in the resort. The staff was limited so seatings were limited. The food was average not bad but not fabulous either. It was worth the money because food in Aruba is expensive so doing an all-inclusive is worth the cost.

The location is good. It is in the "high rise hotel" region on Palm Beach. There is a lot to do outside of the resort. It is an easy bus ride or taxi to other areas.

• Deluxe Room

Location was nice but they do nothing to help or offer assistance for airport transportation They have Guest services that are mostly there to schedule for dinner but Are not proactive in any other guest service. There should be a memo about airport transportation in advance. When you get there it’s a beautiful lobby they forget to greet you before you walk in with a drink and not everyone gets a welcome drink it’s only if they remember I compare it to the RUI and they weee consistent Cleanliness was lacking on all accounts: in the bathrooms they were filthy, I had to look at a messy toilet for 3 days and I even called someone to clean it explaining I had pics and would Post but they sent incompetent cleaners consistently so I just left t alone. The Mexican restaurant bartender was picking his nose The palm Resturant cross contaminates the utensils. I would say that they attempt to not to but they don’t Monitor this carefully. It’s so many servers with no serving training. They need a mystery shopper. The lobby bar never played the bingo The daily print out for the hotel says beach bingo at 230 and it started daily at 2. Nothing was accurate and I paid almost 3k for 4 days. Af we guys folks in there some suspect and very unprofessional. Kelvin and the black guy at front desk are good. Adwardo ansercer is good everyone else should be re-evaluated especially management. Not to mention my WiFi stopped working and they connected me to an outside agency that never called back. The hotel didn’t help with this. WiFi was not free. Overall Very disappointed and I would not reccomend. I will upload a few pics to give an idea.

Location was decent near a few shops and beach was gorgeous

• Deluxe Room

The buffet food was just ok for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I am not sure if internet was offered in the rooms but it was really only available in the lobby.

Palm beach is beautiful and the water is calm. Also, the hotel is very close to lots of restaurants, bars and a few beach bars which is great. The room was nice, bed was comfortable. The staff was great, very accommodating and friendly. The lobby bar had live music every night and lot of people were there hanging out which was fun. Restaurants require reservations in advance, the food was pretty good. The all inclusive drinks were pretty good as well. Taxi to hotel is regulated at $25. If you want to take a cheaper route take the local bus, its pretty easy. The cost for 2 from the airport to the downtown transfer is $5.20. Then you take the bus from downtown to the hotel area which is another $5.20. The drivers are super friendly and will tell you how to get around if you ask. The airport bus stop is located across the street from the rental car offices. The hotel area stops are in front of all the major hotels. Another good thing about Aruba is the US dollar is widely used, you don't even need to exchange currency.

• Deluxe double with lateral pool and ocean view

The food options have MUCH room to improve. The reservation system is ridiculous. On vacation... especially at an all inclusive resort... you shouldn’t have to “schedule” to eat... and that schedule is so strict! Clearly the resort is trying to save money on staffing because the staff seems to work very long hours (I see the same waiters at breakfast, lunch, & dinner) and when there are no reservations available and the restaurants won’t seat you without reservations at a half-empty restaurant... clearly it’s because they don’t have the staff to accommodate more guests in the restaurants. I prefer to stay at resorts that have at least two pools (one for adults only). Thankfully the beach was so nice at this hotel that we just didn’t use the pool much. It would also be nice to have beach/pool service... walking up to the bar at the pool (from the beach) is kinda lame. I’ve paid less to stay at nicer accommodations with better food/service options. Barcelo Aruba wasn’t terrible... but I’d probably stay elsewhere if I come back to Aruba.

The beach was great! It was very clean, plenty of chairs... we loved the free floaties & snorkels/fins, etc. The staff at the restaurants and bars were very friendly.

• Royal Level Luxury Lateral Ocean View Room

Let me start by saying Sandra, Marco and all the staff in the Club level attempted to be hospitable. The hotel service on the other hand was at best poor. We were celebrating a double anniversary and everytime we requested a simple item, we were told they were out of or did not have it. There was a fire on the night of our anniversary and we were told we couldn't go back to our room, needless to say ruined our night. Upon check in and inspection of the room it was not the room advertised on Booking.com. We were told nothing could be done to accommodate do to a wedding and a large group of regulars who booked an entire floor after we checked in first. We were not properly advised of all the amenities the resort had to offer and haphazardly discovered some of them on our own. The property was in need of desperate repair, the pool was dirty and suffering from cracks and peeling paint, lounge chairs were broken and the pool towels were nearly rags. There was a limited selection of premium alcohol. In addition, there was Nothing Royal about the Royal Level same food was served everyday for a week. The turn down service was inconsistent and the room was constantly filled with condensation which damaged some of our clothing. Furthermore, my family and I will not recommended or use this property again.

Sandra, Marco and Kavon were a Great group of people with amazing personalities.

• Royal Level Luxury Lateral Ocean View Room

Floors are not carpeted in the room and the humidity causes them to get wet, which is a fall risk

Great Restaurants , especially the Japanese restaurant.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Deluxe Room with Lateral Ocean View

The wifi could be better. We paid for it and still rarely got it to connect

Super friendly staff..excellent location on the bach and located right near shopping centers! Super safe to leave the resort and walk around!!

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Food in buffet was ok but not amazing. Specialist restaurants were amazing but prebooking meal times a pain. Corridor to room needed some pictures up to break it up, but room itself was fine.

Staff were beyond friendly. A true credit to the hotel. Great location.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Deluxe Room with Lateral Ocean View

They changed the overall price of the accommodations when we arrived. Impossible to book a reservation for any of the inclusive restraunts. Front desk staff were rude.

• Deluxe Room with Lateral Ocean View

Internet fee was a rip-off. More access to shades areas along beach would be good rather than having to pay $20 per day for beach umbrellas.

A pleasant experience overall.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Deluxe Room

Little bit hard to find good spots at the beach if you were up later than 8 AM. A little bit disappointed of the food in the la carte restaurants, but what else can you expect from an all inclusive. It can be really noisy from the pool bar during the day, especially when passengers from cruise ships buy these day passes.

Location was on top, Palm Beach is by far the best place to stay. The staff is lovely! From restaurant personnel to front desk. The main buffé is great. Easy to find healthy delicious options. Rooms were clean and big.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

• Deluxe Room with Lateral Ocean View

This is an old hotel and show clear sign of it. The door in our bathroom had visible damage, and the airconditioning could not really be fine tuned. The beach bar is only available to royal customers and time shares meaning you have to go from the beach to the pool bar to get a drink. This is a minor issue, but the beach bar had little to no activity at all, seems odd to keep it running for exclusive guests. Getting a good spot on the beach is tricky. You have to get up at 5:30 or 6am to reserve a spot, and the nice cabanas at the front of the beach is exclusive for royal guest and time shares.

The staff was wonderful and helpful. The room was nice, big and clean. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good, lunch was average for a buffet. Dinner buffet was really hit and miss. Restaurants, especially the Italian was extremely good. The pool and beach was the highlight of this hotel, very nice. Overall I really liked this resort, however it was a bit expensive compared to the service I have experienced at the same price range other places across the world. One hour of free wifi every day in the lobby a nice addition.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• Deluxe Room with Lateral Ocean View

Only got one hour of wifi Every 24 hours in the lobby.

Great food and people! It was awesome to be able to kayak and rent other equipment for free. Not a party hotel, but perfect if you need some rest and relaxation.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Deluxe Lateral Ocean View Romance Room

Some of our room service meals were unedible,because it wasn't cooked, it was cold or not what we had ordered.

I liked the location and the excellent staff.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

We had to keep telling the room service staff to bring us back the correct number of wash clothes. That sort of got annoying, but all in all a good trip

The staff was really nice. The grounds were under construction, but that was because they had just suffered a storm. But the clean up wasn't intrusive and didn't really affect our time there. The resort is in the everything, so it was the perfect location.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Staff members were on their own time. Do not expect things to come to you at the snap of your fingers. They move on "island time"! They are respectful just slowwww. The food isn't spectacular but it was "bang for the buck" with the exclusive all inclusive deals.

Beach front/ bars everywhere/great location/clean

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Deluxe Room

I didn't like that their wasn't a Casino. The website said that there would be one. A little disappointed that I had to go down the street to gamble.

The property was very clean and very well maintained. Most of the staff members were genuinely friendly. The food was good.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

the schudule of the kayak and sailing was until 2 pm , too much sun

The food was awesome! , so many varieties for the dinner, great quality for an all inclusive , very complete package , we really have a great time. great staff and good security.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Deluxe Room with Lateral Ocean View

The air conditioning system was a bit noisy. Bouffet menu for lunch and supper was repeatative. The mexician resturant was poor. Overall a little expensive for all that we got.

Room was very comfortable and clean. The drinks at the bar were very good. The Italian and Japaness resturant were very good. The music during breakfast and lunch was great. And the best was the beach, it was perfect very clean and right next to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Deluxe Lateral Ocean View Romance Room

I did not like the front desk staff and guest services. Both are poorly trained in customer service. There seemed to be a lack of communication with all higher ups and no one was willing to accept blame for when something went wrong I do not understand how this resort is run.. My reservation was lost as a result I felt my husband and I had to fight to get the romantic themed items I originally booked with my room ( in fact I still did not receive one of the items) The key card readers are faulty.... our door locked us out 6 times each time we waited in our swim suits suits in the cold hallway for security who was overtaxed by all the other doors breaking for 15-30 min. The supposed head of security changed out the battery pack on the door but it happened again and then they changed our room. With all this happening we received no apologies, no anything. I told them I felt very unwelcome on their property. The desk knew me because my husband and I were at the desk so many times with issues but it seemed like everyone we talked to had an issue. I rather of spent money off the resort then eat the food there. Except for the hibachi Chef Boy was awesome...This was our honeymoon... practically ruined if it were not for the beautiful beach

The location is was saves this property. It has the beautiful beach in the back and shops, bars, and restaurants across the street. I did like a few staff members Renato, who was funny and very attentive during our romantic dinner on the beach and Maureen and Eduardo at the bars.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

The internet service can be better

I enjoyed everything. I got value for my money. Very friendly And accommodating staff. Loved the nightly entertainment in the Ball room and the live singing and musical in the lounge area.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Deluxe Lateral Ocean View Romance Room

You have to pay for the use of the wifi . They give you 1 hour free of charge. Not good options in drinks.

Acomodations are good. Hotel is old need improvement in all areas

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Deluxe Lateral Ocean View Romance Room

No casino but it was advertised. Limited game room (2 pool tables) but advertised. Paid for honeymoon package but didn't get everything I paid for.

Location was great.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• Deluxe Room

WiFi a bit expensive per day per device. No casino as advertised. Better communication on checkin would be nice... towel card, restaurant rules etc

Staff went above and beyond to accommodate. Good was good in all restaurants.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Deluxe Room

polite and welcoming staff, Insel air delayed my flight to Aruba and lost one night at the hotel which they were so accomodating not to charge. The room was nicely furnished with a small balcony.The restaurants and the rest of the facilities were also great

• Deluxe double with lateral pool and ocean view

Food was good in the specialty restaurants and poor to fair in the buffet restaurant. Outside entertainment was obnoxiously loud.

N/a

Excellent location!!

Everything!

• Deluxe double with lateral pool and ocean view

Difficult to get reservations for restaurants in hotel.

friendliest staff I've ever met , Hotel was beautiful

• Deluxe Room with Lateral Ocean View

maintenance of rooms doors that make terrible noise when must shot down, ait condition very noise and the internet only one hour per day free

beach

The food was too salty

Cleaniness

• Deluxe Room with Lateral Ocean View

Noise from the next door. The connected rooms are not sound proof.

Clean room, nice staff

• Deluxe Room

This place requires wheelchair/scooter accessible bathrooms in the main area and the pool area.

Suite bathrooms were awesome!

Beds

• Deluxe Room with Lateral Ocean View

Buffet food could have been fresher- and more variety would have been good.

The restaurants were decent- favorites were the seafood and Italian.

• Deluxe double with lateral pool and ocean view

When something went wrong....people choose not be nice....they choose mostly to cover there ass.....

• Deluxe Room with Lateral Ocean View

The View from the Rio was a parking lot.

Good placéis general, excelent location, kind staff and gorgeous beaches.

• Deluxe Room with Lateral Ocean View

The security staff could have been a bit more proactive.

Dinners were great

Food was very good.

• Deluxe double with lateral pool and ocean view

The alcoholic drinks were watered down.

Clean, safe, and easy access.

• Deluxe Room with Lateral Ocean View

Pool bar did not have premium liquor Wi-Fi service was poor

Noisy late at night

top of the line food and drinks

• Royal Level Luxury Lateral Ocean View Room

Food could be a little better

The beach!

• Deluxe Room

love the place so can't think of dislike.

The Staff was so friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe double with lateral pool and ocean view

Too much loud music at pool & surroundings Weddings beautiful but music way too loud

Shaded areas Good buffet Friendly staff

• Royal Level Luxury Lateral Ocean View Room

Condensation Some of the food choices The ocean view room, not worth the cost The pool chairs are super old

The royal restaurant was nice.

• Deluxe double with lateral pool and ocean view

Television is not work close caption because I am deaf but I didnt watch tv not much but i have a good time..

everything are prefect. I love it.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Deluxe Room with Lateral Ocean View

That we had to come home!

Impeccable food, service , beds very comfy, Staff very polite and friendly

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Deluxe Room with Lateral Ocean View

guest computers are old and slow

excellent hotel with great amenities, including pool, beach, restaurants and entertainment every evening

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Deluxe Room

Mexican restaurant was mediocre.

Attentive, helpful staff dedicated to making your vacation pleasant. Rooms very clean.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

No room service

Overall it was great

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

La vista de la habitación, la atención

The pool and beach

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

• Deluxe Room

Do not go to this hotel. There's is just too many reasons to state. From poor custumer service to bad food.

• Reviewed: 22 May 2016

Wish for more variety from day to day... the food was wonderful - just the same each day.

the pool area and staff were wonderful. The beds were comfortable and rooms were very clean. Location was perfect. Italian restaurant was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2016

Getting a dinner reservation was most difficult. getting a beach chair close to the beach was difficult. Most people place towels on their chairs very early in the morning. I don't go on vacation to get up early to reserve a chair or get a dinner reservation.

The staff was very attentive, our room was updated and very clean, beach was great.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2016

The buffet breakfast and lunch could have used some variety----the food was decent, but it was the same exact choices every single day.

The setting was amazing. The huts on the beach with the comfortable lounge chairs made for a really great day on the beach. We also appreciated the use of the floats. The pool was also beautiful and really nice to either hang out in or get some exercise.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2015

Everything go here for the first time and you will never return to Aruba!

This property was in desperate need of a renovation it is old and the food at the buffet was disgusting! We only tried the Asian and Italian restaurants and these were surprisingly much nicer. But the place was being painted and layered and it should have been done before December not sweet before Christmas.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2015

LOUD music at pool area; LOUD music in ball room

Friendly staff (Jenny; Front desk); Armando; concierge) Live Entertainment; Lenny in Bar room; the Talented entertainers in Ballroom; housekeepers;bellman; friendly security guards; great beach bar tenders

• Reviewed: 25 September 2015

We selected ocean view and got pool view with a view of the ocean - it's not a bad view, but if you want the full-on waterfront view you must select "beach front". WiFi was very bad, but it's okay, we didn't go there to be connected online all the time. The bed was not comfortable for my companion - she thought it was too soft.

Excellent beach area and good choice of restaurants. We stayed four nights and still had variety in the things we ate. The Royal Club restaurant offered far superior food and service, and was worth the money.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2015

We were particular turned off by the fact that as we came in we were greeted by women who was going to "show or tell us about facilities " only to be sat down and pressed Into signing up for timeshare breakfast sales pitch - (that she made us give her $20 to hold spot - I guess the spaces full up ; then why the urgency for us to attend ??.)when I asked about where restaurants etc were , she explained thatt hey would tell us at sale pitch ; are you kidding me !! - this put a really bad taste in our mouth ! a hotel Of this caliber shoudnt be greeting guests upon arrival with this jammed at them- we actually considered checking out ! Fortunately our impressions were redeemed as hotel was nice and we had good stay - but really thought that was subpar customer service . If someone wants info on time share they should be presented with pamphlet with option to seek out info .

Several choices of dining Entertainment was good .

• Reviewed: 2 June 2015

There was a dampness in the rooms and the bed was very hard. Also, it would have been nice to have service at the beach to order drinks.

Location and overall faciltiy

• Reviewed: 21 May 2016

Staff was awesome. Very clean resort. Good was great.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2016

Everything was great!

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

Casino was closed. If your going to charge me $465 per night, least they could do is include internet in my room for FREE. Food was just ok.

Location!

• Reviewed: 14 January 2016

The 9th floor Restuarant. To stuffy.

The swim up bar.

• Reviewed: 24 October 2015

Inability to find open palapa on beach Poor wifi access

Location friendly staff food at all restaurants

• Reviewed: 10 October 2015

I had a bad experience from Insel air/Booking.com.I lost a night due to flight delay at the airport.

Service.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2015

The room

The night shows

There are also 13 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.