Reviews of Talk of the Town Beach Hotel & Beach Club by GH Hoteles 3 stars

L.G. Smith Blvd 2, Oranjestad, Aruba

#23 of 34 hotels in Oranjestad

Laid back atmosphere, convenient location, tasty friendly priced meals in restaurant, OK breakfast, very kind staff, relaxing pool, good stable wifi, but most important: clean and pretty spacious rooms.

Their were no wash clothes in the bathroom and the music was a bit loud the first night I arrived and just coming off of a almost all day flight made it a kinda difficult to sleep but for the rest it's a beautiful place,I recommend it to anyone who's traveling for business or pleasure.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

I did not like the service of the staff. The room missed wine glasses and when asked for them they just told me that it was not part of the room and that I could suggest it. But it was a no. No wine glasses. I was just surprised that I could not get 2 wineglasses while I am renting a two bedroom apartment of $475 a day for 3 days. INCREDIBLE! Furthermore the cleaning of the room was not completed on the second day. When asked they just told me that they were short on cleaning staff. Again I was verry surprised that I had to accept this

the hotel is well situated from the airport and town. The room, a 2 bedroom, is very adequate for 4 persons

• One-Bedroom Suite

the price for what is the hotel Tropicana is bigger and more luxury and is cheaper price per night is $140 everything include what a pay in your hotel was $ 190 per night. Its a shame for your hotel charging so expensive

When I went in to my room the room nasty smell I did ask if please use some deodorant and yes they did two hours later all that time have to stay out side. the service at the reccionist was very poor

The checking asked for infomation of everyone in the room that booked.must had the passports.

Check in staff was good. I love the room the i like that can have guest over to visit, they have an open bar.Fridays is party night at the resort. The food its the best breakfast great as well for the price we paid👍👍

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

The noise coming from the bar ( across the street ) late at night . However, the front desk was great enough by given us another room on the first floor. Kudo

I like the people,great service,good location,easy access, very clean hotel The service at the restaurant and bar were simply incredible . You also could include the excellent service from the hotel front desk. Dunkee The size of the location ( 70 rooms ) was also a great factor which provide a personalized service.thanks

The restaurant was ok but not special. They have a small menu and the quality was ok but very basic. More disturbing was de karaoke they did around diner time 6 pm. I would advice to do this later on the evening.

It's good hotel, nice beds and a nice bathroom. The location was for me very good because it was near the place i had business. The hotel looks nice and also the breakfast was good.

Use of the beach, you got a ticket for free use of some beds but umbrella’s had to be paid.The towels were given out at the frontdesk and you needed to sign in and out for those and it was made clear that if you didn’t sign, they would charge you. The whole experience was just unfriendly, not welcoming. We wiuld definitely not recommend this hotel. Room was paid for, still the reception wanted cc and deposit. Upon check-out ( we didn’t use the bar or anything else ) the reception staff didn’t want to return the copy of the cc card with the authorization..... very unpleasant.

Close to airport

There was no one to help us with the bags at the hotel. It would have been good to be able to have a snack. We had paid already when we reserved the room

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The woman that works at the breakfast buffet was very rude and racist !! She treated my kids bad , it was unprofessional with no manners at all ! She yelled at me for taking a piece of bread and a banana from the breakfast ! She was not polite and she asked me to pay $5.00 for what I was taking . I had a horrible experience at that restaurant . The woman told her supervisor that I needed to pay for that and the supervisor instead of listening to me , she was also mean and not friendly ! I had to return the items !! I will not stay in this place because they treated me like I was a criminal !! I saw a couple of people grabbing a piece of fruit and they were not stopped like they did not me only because we were not blond with blue eyes ! I recommend to the owner of this hotel to Please pay attention to this restaurant because you can loose customers for that !!! Thanks

The room is very spacious , clean , great AC ,the beach is really close .

The breakfast. Sorry, but there is serious attention needed in this area. Nothing that cant be fixed. When on vacation Im looking for a bit more than just slice bread, eggs and bacon.

We love the staff. They met every need we had. My sister got married and we were treated lovely. They stored her cake without hesitation and decorated the room without any special request. The cleaner were also grade A. The location was awesome close to the airport, lots of parking and area was very family friendly. We traveled with our 3 year olds bike to our surprise there were over 20 kid of his age group and older riding there as well not to from the hotel. Did i mention the staff. We want to send a special thank you to Tamara, Zuolina and a very special young man with blond hair. Forgot his name SORRY (Hope we got your names correct.) Thank you everyone! Its was awesome

The restaurant/bar in the hotel isn't the best, the customer service from the waiter was also inexistent, didn't even reply to the questions, or even the common exchange of thanks/youre'welcome. Also in the lunch they served some snacks but in the night only food from the restaurant Avec Nous, that reduces variety.

Due to the hotel is located near the airport but not yet in the center of Oranjestad the price is lower than the rest of the hotels. The staff is very gentle, and the services as pool, jacuzzi and the rooms are very comfortable. Also is in front of "Plaza Turismo" which leads to a beach called SurfSide, both things are not that crowded but still enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Music sound from sea side was continuous noisy around midnight.

I stayed for business and my work was started at 7:00 A.M. The restaurant for breakfast starts 7:00 A.M. But restaurant staff (She is like a my mother in Aruba) accepted my request to prepare my breakfast in the every previous night. I really appreciate for good support, kindness and friendship by restaurant staff. I stayed Talk of the Town in comfortably. Thank you ! From Japanese visitor

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

The fact that it is adjacent to a roadway is disturbing. Furthermore the A/C made a constantly disturbing noice. The Breakfast is HORRIBLE! Really. They must do something about it. This is a decisive aspect to not return to this place ever.

The location is ideal in the sence of accessibility! And the price is nice.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

The room smelled of old wet cloth. The water of two tubs of the swimming pool were brownish and the pool water was salty.. i booked 1 room for 2 adults, a 5yr, a 2yr and a baby (sleeping in babycot) and was told that this time they would allow it but next time I had to get 2 rooms. Very expensive for what you get, not worth the money...

Close to airport and close to downtown. Easy to find, the beach is across the street. Staff at the premises were nice.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

In the evening there was loud music playing well past 10pm. I was in need of a good nights sleep and could not drown out the music.

I arrived midafternoon and my room was ready a few minutes early. I stayed on the second floor and was comfortable and happy. Location is nice, close to airport, walking distance to several excellent restaurants and downtown.

Staff here were so so lovely and made the whole stay really memorable. The resort is lovely and convenient for everything. Rooms are spacious and nice. I actually preferred this place to the much more expensive 5* hotels.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

I asked that the a/c be left off by the housekeeper upon leaving the room. This request was as I was not feeling well that week and entering the cold air on evenings when I returned to the room made it worse. I received a letter from the manager indicating the the a/c 'MUST NOT' be turned off due to slippery floors and mold and mildew. I found the tone of the letter to be rude and I would have much preferred to be directly approached or to be communicated with in a more understanding manner regarding this issue. Also no coffemaker or kettle in the room and also no mugs or spoons I found to be a big inconvenience. i had to buy a mug and spoons and water in order to microwave water to make coffee in the morning. Limited dinner menu at the restaurant. Also did not feel like a very inviting atmosphere there.

Beach nearby. Restaurants and shopping area within walking distance. Relatively quiet atmosphere Front desk staff friendly even though not always very knowledgeable about the surrounding area and nearby conveniences

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Good value for money at a central located hotel with a good breakfast and friendly staff. It was on the route of the lighting parade and it was a great experience

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Some of the bartenders, females were not very professional and the drinks did not taste at all what I'm used to when I tried to return them they were upset and gave attitude. Also there was no Wi-Fi in the room and I could not get any of my work done for Four days, my entire trip I could not work. And there was no hot water in the room.

The looks of the hotel have a pool in the rooms is very nice since the renovation.

Unfortunately there was more cons than pros.. It is a 20 minute walk to town, nothing around the areas locally, the bed was not really comfortable. The pillow I had was unbelievably lumpy. The shower curtain made the bathroom have a bad odor. Like they washed it and left it in the washer and it soured. Then they dried it. House keeping cleaned well enough however they just left 2 new towels,no wash cloths. There isn't a vending machine in the property. So if u want a snack u have to take a cab for 10$ to get to town or walk 20 minutes. Very inconvenient. They played music by the pool which is great for he day time hours. But around 10 pm seemed as if the music was turned up. Trying to go to sleep with heavy bass is something that might be difficult for some people. And the 2 me nigbt we stayed there was very loud music coming from somewhere. It wasn't the resort but there was for sure a party going on somewhere close! The music stopped about 12 am. Honestly I was amazed at how many good reviews this place had received. That's why we decided to stay here. To top it all off I pd 250$/night for all this.

Wi-fi was fast and had a good connection And tv had decent amount of channels

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

The hotel is far from the nice restaurants and night life. It's a bit noisy because of the air traffic and the road in front of the hotel. The food in the restaurant is ok but far from special.

Comfortable and clean rooms with enough space for a family. The swimming pool is nice and the beach is just across the street. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

- I'm not a fan of credit cards, I would like to make my reservation and pay at the front desk when checking in. - Unfriendly lady at the restaurant during breakfast. Big clothes, jeans and safety shoes on. Not good English communication. I thought it was a construction worker asking me to pay her for breakfast. - Not possible to pay at the restaurant, swipe machine at the front desk, time consuming when front desk is busy. - The Food & Baverage owners need to invest in serving people, no uniform no communicating skills at all.

- Near airport, when traveling for work I don't want to get in the traffic near other hotels. Easy parking and fast way to your room. - Clean and confortable rooms.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

for 2 hours extra stay due to late flight to Amsterdam they charged me 100 US$ no relation ship with the cost and extra day

Food have improved from the previous ownwer

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

No hot water! I always shower with hot water so that was a big fail for me. And the fact they dont have any snacks choices was really disappointed too.

The customer service was excelent! The receptionist was really helpful, polite and always had great attitude. The room was really clean and nice. The guy who works at the restaurant bar was really nice too.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Newly Renovated King Room

Lounge chairs around pool very hard.

Staff was great. Very helpful with all questions and requests. Good restaurant and bar. Happy hour with music. Close to airport.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Lobby, restaurant and bar we're NOT air conditioned.

ALL front desk people were kind and helpful. Breakfast room was large and bright with very good hot and cold selections. Air conditioning in room was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

We had our room close to road, and across the road are a few local bars on the parking lot of the beach. Their music was way too loud one night and they played it on until 2am. At 12 we went over to have a look because it sounded like good fun. But it was just local People sitting at a bar in REALLY INSANELY loud music, so that was pretty boring.

It's not a big resort, is a small hotel, with a pool and hot tubs, close to the beach and also the beach was not too busy. Just super relaxed!

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Breakfast selection was average at best-- no pastries, no cream cheese for the hard bagel. Location so close to the airport made it convenient, but very noisy.

The room was better than we expected. The restaurant was also good.

• Reviewed: 20 June 2016

The air conditioning. The system in my room could be managed only by the hotel reception and it was also noisy (as far as I understood only some rooms have this system, some colleagues were in rooms with remote controller).

Very nice hotel in Aruba. it is rated 3star but for some aspects the level is higher. It is close to very nice restaurants and bars. Aruba is not cheap, but for the island lifestyle this hotel is a good value for money.

• One-Bedroom Suite

I like the location. Centrally located for my purpose

Not applicable

Quietness

Nothing we did t like

During parade had front seat It has a beautiful place across the street beach and restaurats

Smelle room with mold, not pleasant for astma

Location to beach

That I had to leave ha ha ha wanted to stay!

Extremely friendly staff! Jessica was fantastic!!!

Check in very late. Check in time Was 3 o'clock but finally the room was available at 3:30 pm

Room very confortable

In my opinion the breakfast could do better. But it was o.k.

The bed.

Breakfast! Very poor variety! And expensive.

It was clean .

WiFi issues

Excelente

• One-Bedroom Suite

WiFi was spotty in my room

Great hotel

No one helps guests with luggage, my mother has limited movement and she and I had to move 4 bigs bags.

Location, overall settings

The hotel area, on sea side, not so crowded!

It's the right place to be

La piscina

Location!!! Airport,Beach..

Room isn't dark enough to sleep at night

Location. Very close to the airport

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

MOSQUITOS IN THE ROOM

LOCATION

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

The Jacuzzi looked a little bit dirty

Staff attention, all were really kind and give a good services.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Nice Hotel. The staff was nice and very helpful. Breakfast was good. They also have happy hour on Friday, nice music. Overall, our compliments.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Excellent carnival location. Bed very good. Reception desk personnel friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

The location is excellent and parking for car next the swimming pool is clean and all around the hotel & room is clean very nice.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Bed extra confy

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

NO warm water in the shower

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Love this place will stay again next year on our way home from aruba. Great beach across the street u get towels chairs and great drinks

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Restaurant service

Pricing compared to other locations

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

NIL

The dining room food was fabulous.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Very basic room not in relation to the price. Room not everywhere clean. Basic breakfast without any phantasy, every day the same.

Bed is ok.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Comfortable pillows!

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

air condition could not be controlled,

Attendance by Mrs Kim, at the reception, was excellent. cordiality and kind treatment to the guest

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Good Location. Rooms are spacious and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

Outdoor bathroom needs upgrading

Location and breakfast and pool

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

Poor view. Lack of tools in the kitchen. Bad and little swimming pool. Lack of parking lot in the hotel.

Quiet Location. Beautiful beach club arrange. Good beach with clear sea water.

• Reviewed: 21 May 2015

The prices of the menu are not real because they add a 15% as a Food and Beverage Service Charge and it is not the tip or a legal recharge. Additionaly, in our knowledge in aruba doesn´t exist de vat tax, so I don´t understand why they charge a 20,5% over the hotel rates that we got from booking.com, even though, this was announced.

For us everything went well, specially the food and people in charge of the services. Other good things were, internet access, support at any time

• Reviewed: 17 March 2015

When I arrived, they asked for a copy of all the passports of the family (2 Adults + 2 children under 3). They declined to make the check-in without being able to make a copy, event thought I provided the numbers and showed the passports to the staff. If it wasn't late in the night and if I was not with my kids, I would walk away from this hotel immediately.

Free Wi-Fi and pool

• Reviewed: 14 January 2015

I left the room 20 min after the check hour. I understand that i was late, but charging me 100 dollars for the 20 min i consider it toooo much

The pool, food, the facilities

• Reviewed: 18 May 2016

Food could use some attention

• Reviewed: 23 February 2016

My room had a coffee maker but no cups / glasses and no coffee or tea to have a warm cup.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2016

poor service

• Reviewed: 28 January 2016

Ac controls

The food was excellent

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

The food at resteraunt was very good and prices were good. The drinks were good and the staff was excellent

• Reviewed: 14 December 2015

Money

Food very good.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2015

Too far away from the core. Only warm water not cold at all.

I should say fancy hotel. Good breakfast and beautiful decoration swimming pool!

• Reviewed: 20 August 2015

Wi-fi is fast enough. Breakfast was great. Close to center and to airport.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2015

Please change the pilloe

There are also 36 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.