Reviews of Boutique Hotel Central 4 stars

Cumurija br. 8, 71000 Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

#61 of 123 hotels in Sarajevo

Breakfast very poor The aircondition stopped at 22.30 In the morning when I told the receioptionist , she said i should have called them The other night it stopped again. I called and they put it on. Strange

The location is good The swimming pool is good The staff were nice

The breakfast was a disappointment. All pre-packaged: cheeses, butter, jams, pate...would have expected a buffet without so much plastic and individually sealed containers. Instead: fresh cheese/ham/vegetables/fruit. Surprisingly no yoghurt for muesli...shame. But this was the only downside to an otherwise excellent hotel.

Splendid stylish but extremely taseful decoration in foyer, stairwells and room! Impeccably clean bathroom, very friendly and helpful Reception Staff. Location is perfect for being right in the middle of the old town and still a little „off“ the jungle path.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything was excellent. I would only prefer if the gym, locker room and sauna were on the same floor (now they are scattered over three floors) and more user friendly for the hotel guest

Fantastic gym and spa. Very functional and comfortable room. Excellent wifi. Central location. Very good staff

An ideal location, as the name might suggest, in a fascinating city. The room was spacious with lots of light, excellent facilities and a very comfortable bed. They have a large pool suitable for swimming laps, sauna and steam room. The staff were very friendly and helpful, far beyond the usual.

The pool is super I liked the good size of it to swim lines. The massages I booked were good, it was interesting for me as a professional to see how work is performed by others. Thanks a lot.

The first room I was in was in the new section on the bottom floor and while it did have a window it felt a little dark and gloomy. The staff moved me to another room which was really nice and airy! The key cards you need to use to access floors sometimes didn't work which was a tad annoying.

Location and staff are excellent. The old rooms on the top levels are the best as they have more light. The Spa was superb.

We took continental breakfast at the hotel one day and it was quite basic. There are plenty of breakfast options outside the hotel that give you more for a lower price.

1. Nice and modern hotel with a fancy feeling. 2. Large rooms. 3. Very large swimming pool, a sauna and a steam bath, all included in the price. 4. Excellent location, close to the center of Sarajevo, within walking distance to the old town, to shopping areas and to plenty of restaurants and coffee shops.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Intermittent elevator servive. Good thing I was on the 4th flor, not thr 7th. And non-Smoking is fing; but no alcoholic bevareage in the restaurant? No wonder it was so empty.

The room itself and its furniture; and great location in Sarajevo by the OLd City, yet in walking dirance (a mile or so along the river) to the modern cener.

The pool is not heated enough... It was a bit too cold for the kids.

The "Central" is a lovely hotel that sits right in the middle of Sarajevo - Just a stone's throw from the city's best attractions. It is a comfortable and cozy hotel, with lovely rooms and very friendly and helpful staff. We booked the "Junior Suite" which was spacious enough and comfortable for a family of 4 and had the whole array of facilities we could expect, including a small kitchen, two toilets and a lovely outdoors balcony (pretty large). The hotel has a proper "health club" with a nice indoor pool (large enough, but not heated enough for this time of the year) + sauna + steam, which we enjoyed after a long and exhausting day of strolling through the alleys of Sarajevo. All in all : It is a great hotel that provides a descent bang for the buck.

No complaints.

The staff was extremely helpful and attentive. Their restaurant recommendations were extremely good and the guide they arrange for us was very knowledgeable and informative, having endured the siege f the city while he was between the ages of 7 and 11.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I think breakfast could be improved. There is no buffet but only one person serving the guests. It is not a la carte either. Once you sit, she comes with a bread basket, a boiled egg and another basket with butter, jelly and cream cheese. No fruits. No ham / cheese. I asked for a ham and cheese omelette, which was very good. A buffet would be much easier to everyone - guest and waitress.

Location was really great. All we had to see was in two or three blocks from the hotel. Team was good and willing to make our stay a good one. Room was extraordinarily spacious, especially when comparing to Europe's standard of tiny rooms.

• Room Selected at Check-In

The location is in the central as its name Very friendly and helpful staff Great breakfast Excellent swimming pool and gym Bathroom is very big Dinner at the restaurant is great

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room didn't have a window and so was a bit grim. Hotel very expensive for what it was. Contintental breakfast was poor. Cheese were 'easi singles'. Bread was nice though.

Location is brilliant and staff are very friendly.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Parking place is near to hotel but with payment.They made a discount for hotel client Breakfast is not open buffet. They bring standart breakfast to evry one .

Comfortable room, very nice decoration and new, clean modern bath , location of Hotel is walking distance to historic places, tea and kettle in room

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I did like the old efurbished building in the center of the main central street; I loved the room , the bed, the high ceiling, the well equipped room and bathroom, the lavish spa and pool and gym and the circuit class at the gym (jesuuuussss!!!!), the lavish breakfast where u can schose among many types of breakfast, the fabulous cook and waiters, and most of all the very open-minded staff both at the RECEPTION and at the Restaurant, for whom NOTHING was impossible!!!!Really professional and turned my stay into 5 days of paradise on earth! Thank you beautiful dames!!!! PS: The SPA at the 5th floor is pricy, but OH MY GOD how fabulous beyond imagination!!!!!!!

Breakfast.

Nearly perfect. Very friendly and attentive personnel. Good facilities, as pool, sauna, fitness center. Clean and comfortable rooms. Center of the city, etc. The only BIG minus is the breakfast which is absolutely substandard and would fit a cheap youth hostel.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I came to Sarajevo for the film festival. I was put in a hotel that was a walking distance of 30 minutes from the center so I decided to move to a central hotel. This one seemed to have decent reviews and since I was in a rush I decided to stay there. I was mistaken. Upon arriving I was given a room with no windows. It was dirty with stains in the bathroom and stained towels, but I thought to myself that it's ok as the next day they were going to move me to a room with a "window". I also decided to deal with the fact that there was a club next door and it was incredibly loud and impossible to sleep at 2 am. The next afternoon I moved my things to the new room. I had to rush as I was busy with meetings but as I entered the room I smelt the smell of sewage. I told the receptionist about it and she said it was temporary and the smell was going to go away later in the evening. I arrived back to the room pretty late. The smell was far worse when I left in the morning but that wasn't the only problem. The room was filthy. Here are photos for proof. Hair everywhere (size of nose or pubic hair and not mind since I don't have such dark hair), dust everywhere, nasty stains on the mirrors and in the toilet. I can't even begin to describe how gross it was. And other than that, the smell took over the entire room and I felt like I was staying in the slums of Mumbai. However, I was incredibly tired and knew that dealing with It at 2 am would not work as they were fully booked and reception was closed (some security guy was there). I decided to take pictures and talk to them the next morning. The next working I woke up at 7:30. Because of construction. Right outside of my window. And not some construction taking place at another building, but construction having to do with the hotel. And they so clearly saw that there was a room right next to them. There was no way to miss it. Right away I knew I needed to get out of this dump.

Location for festival reasons but there are plenty better ones around.

• Room Selected at Check-In

More options at breakfast included in room price

Great location, very good for the money we paid. Staff very helpful, generous rooms and swimming pool was a lovely bonus

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was really big, modern and clean. It was comfortable and room service was really good. The location was perfect, couldn't be more conveniently located. We were greeted by really friendly and helpful staff. My boyfriend got sick during our stay and they went above and beyond to help direct us to a doctor and provided us with medicine, tea etc. Loved the day spa where I enjoyed a full body massage, my friends had facials and mani pedis. They also said the pool and gym were great. Breakfast was simple but nice.

• Room Selected at Check-In

We normally look to stay in small places i.e.B and B's but we were happily surprised with Hotel Central. The staff is amazing and the feel of the place has an intimacy. The location could not be better with convenient, inexpensive parking steps away.

• Special Offer - Double or Twin Room with Sightseeing and Wellness Weekend Package

We booked a body scrub and we mis understood the time given so missed out. I think it would have been helpful if they called our room 10 minutes before the appointment and perhaps that would have assured we met our appointment. Or written our appointment time on a card

The excellent front desk service. Everyone was very friendly and most helpful beyond my expectations

• Room Selected at Check-In

The air conditioning broke on our last night. The room was very warm and I could not sleep. The breakfast was a disappointment.

The décor of the hotel is stylish and the room was spacious. This hotel has the very best gym I have ever seen in a hotel. Two whole floors filled with every piece of equipment, etc... The staff were extremely warm and friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Some of the decor was a bit worn/stained (curtains, sheets...) The breakfast kept you going, but it would have been nice to include some fresh fruits or vegetables.

The location of the property is as central as you can get. The staff are very kind and helpful, and the gym is stellar (didn't have time to check out the pool). The free wifi also works flawlessly.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very noisy in the poolarea (some kind of fan that was on). Because of the noise, we didn't feel so relaxed as you normally would feel in a spa.

Very central Hotel with helpful staff and fine rooms.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Would like a window in my room and a better breakfast

Great location. Large room but with no window! Adequate but high carbohydrate breakfast. Very helpful reception with booking trips, taxis, restaurants, etc. Fair value for money.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

1- The noise coming from passing cars was heard at fourth floor (at 06:30 am) 2- Bad quality both as wifi coverage and as available internet speed

1-The level of service offered by the ladies at the reception. 2- The sport facilities and the swimming pool 3- The traditional breakfast

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

This is the only guaranteed non smoking accommodation in Sarajevo and alarms/sensors apparently do gonoff if anyone smokes. However, the pervading smell of second hand tobacco from local bars and the street still filled my room to such an extent that I had an asthma attack. Additionally, the food in the restaurant is not great in presentation or in taste, arriving in a large mess of assorted foods on the room service serving plates.

The size of the rooms, the comfort of the bed and the bathroom facilites

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We were surprised that the bar only served coffe and juice drinks, but realized it was a Muslim tradition.

Secure building, spacious room, free secure parking, only half a block to old town.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

You should not expect much help from staff on luggages. We got there when there was a protest and main roads were blocked by police. It was difficult to get to the parking lot the hotel used. The staff did not try to help. The continental breakfast was small portion.

This is a small hotel in the center of old town. It is close to all the main tourist sites. Our room is a very spacious junior suite with a view of the biggest orthodox church.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff were lovely. We did have an issue with the room and the staff took care of it and even presented us with a certificate for a half hour massage as compensation. Hotel rooms are comfortable although hallways are dark. Continental breakfast included was adequate but not fancy. Over alll a good stay

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

breakfast and parking

everything is very stylish and modern. Big spacious room, excellent , clean, in one word the rooms and gym is perfect. location excellent.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

0) the hotel name is actually Central West Wood, not the one that appears on Booking - "Boutique Hotel Central"; 1) breakfast - extremely weak - any option has to be payd (almost each optional product was over 30% of the total price of the standard offered breakfast- containing almost only some of the cheapest comestible things from the supermarket), does not contain any meat (only some cheap pate), the salamy offered after expressing my dissapointment was a cheap one so I refused; 2) at the sauna and swimming pool, they just kick you out at 10PM, by turning off the light, no matters if you are in or not; 3) the minibar contains one small nonalcoholic beer and in the lobby you can not have any kind of normal beer or wine - actually they have absolutely no alcoholic drinks; 4) after 10PM, the lobby can not be used; 5) the atmosphere is in general weird (the wals at the 6th floor are almost completly black); 6) the bathroom sink is almost unaccesable for people under 1,6m high (very high positioned); 7) the finishings are expensive but the quality of the labour work for installing them was pretty low; the hotel has no private parking but you can park at 100m (for that you have to make a short tryp by car because of the one way street and you will not get any bill there

- position of the hotel - excellent - well equiped gym; - good wellness center

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Not worth booking with breakfast included via booking.com, since it is cheaper to book just the stay and pay for your breakfast at the hotel (breakfast was €7.5 via booking.com and €5 at the hotel). Yes, pretty weird. Pool is not warm. Room had just a tiny window in the ceiling that could not even be opened (control buttons did not work).

Large room and bathroom. Fantastic location.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Awesome location, walk everywhere to tourist attractions right near the old town and 10mins walk to modern shopping centres. Great sized room, great facilities, great staff. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Perfect for a city trip - right in the City Center. Rooms very cosy, staff very friendly and helpful, huge Fitness Area (three floor Fitness Center in the hotel) and Spa Area (including 25m indoor pool) a huge asset. We definitely found our place for future stays in Sarajevo!

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

No hot water in the morning. The shower head was broken. The climate control didn't work. Window shutters didn't work.

Superb location. Very comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There is a construction site just next wall. So if u want to rest during the day you'd better opt for more visiting!

The beautiful large room and bathroom, with all amenities. The wonderful food in the restaurant with a fabulous chef. The wonderfull swiming pool and gym.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Some of the sockets in the room were faulty and there weren't a lot of them

Staff were really helpful, my partner speaks Bosnian but they knew I was English and spoke to both of us in English which I appreciated!

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

There was indeed a problem with water supply in the city and we didn't have water for a night. Not the hotel's fault in any way - just be aware of the situation.

Perfect. Very helpful staff who helped us arrange transport and let us stay until our pick-up arrived. Room was very spacious with a great, great view of the town. Restaurant was very nice that we had many meals here - the food was healthy and yummy. This hotel is a rare place in the city that smoking is not allowed - a big plus!

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I had amazing time . Thank you so much to let me come in straight from my bus trip at 5 am and finding a place That I can relax until my room is empty . Beautiful hotel and beautiful staff ... I am already dreaming of coming back

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

The price was high compared to other hotels in Bosnia-Herzegovina. The elevator door closed very quickly and did not react to a human between doors, squishing us and our children several times.

This was pretty much the perfect hotel, which was great especially after some disappointments on our trip. The staff was very attentive. Our room was awesome (we stayed in Junior Suite because there was a sofa bed for children). The pool area was big and water warm. Though the breakfast was continental, it was plenty and also included a small buffet table with yoghurt etc. The breakfast staff also prepared some vegetables for our children - a sign of bosnian hospitability, which we encountered in some other restaurants too. We got a free late check-out, which was great, since we had an evening flight out. The location at the edge of walking area was good (it's a long way to the train and bus station, but the taxis are cheap and you can't have everything). Wi-fi was fast and stable. So thank you Hotel Central for making our stay in Sarajevo so enjoyable!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Fantastic hotel right in the heart of Sarajevo - so close to everything. This is the first time we stayed in a hotel as opposed to with family and loved our experience. Wi-fi access exceptional! Loved the freshly squeezed orange juice in the morning for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Special Offer - Single Room with Business Package

The restaurant downstairs doesn't serve alcohol (even wine), which is a little inconvenient. Also, the bathrooms, though lovely, need a little corking work. Our friends' shower area was constantly flooding.

Great location and staff; the restaurant had great food; the gym was an added awesome bonus, and the pool/sauna area is amazing. The rooms were also nice, however, some are much more renovated than others (ask for the 6th floor). The bathrooms amenities were so great, especially the slippers and robes!

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

it was not stated on the website that the hotel is attached to a gym ..the smell of the chlorine from the pool was horrible and the rooms smelt like cleaning products.The hallway was depressing

the hotel was in a great location near to everything...walking distance to old town 5 minutes ..the rooms were nice

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Special Offer - Single Room with Business Package

Some of the rooms (6th Fl) could use a little updating. Also, some of the bathroom showers leaked a lot (as per our friends).

Great location in Sarajevo. The lobby and rooms (esp. 4th Fl) were really nice. Restaurant is delicious, but they don't serve any alcohol. Awesome gym, pool and spa as well!

Vicinanza all'old town.

Great gym/fitness center.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast could have had better selections.

It was beautiful, clean and wonderful staff. Very close to Old Town.

Everything was great

Rooms were great, staff was super friendly, weekend package was useful after a long flight

Pillows, mattress comfort

Helpful staff. Especially Jasmina was so polite and helpful. Location was excellent so close to restaurants,shops.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Quiet, comfortable rooms. Great gym and pool area.

Dark hallways

Location and lively staff, especially Daneilla

amazing pool

Need facilities update

• Room Selected at Check-In

Location, staff and pool all fabulous

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Electronic chart (key) and equipment in general could do better.

Staff is very friendly, especially Miss Zvjezdana from reception!

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Great Loucation,friendly staff

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

No window in the room.

Breakfast but most of anything else the swimming pool!!

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

the breakfast was very basic and for that price should have included cooked eggs etc without extra charge

No Smoking

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The reception girls were very helpful

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The continental breakfast was very underwhelming. The bathroom had a bit of an odor.

Comfortable bed and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Toilet without water hose Stuff not good not smile Room and bed not comfortable

Location is good

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

A bit of gone long in the tooth, should be modernized especially in the bathrooms

Location Staff Room Size Generally clean

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Bathroom was smelling bad

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms doesn't have a double bed

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

• Special Offer - Single Room with Business Package

Staff were extremely courteous and helpful .

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Breakfast could be better.

Superbly fitted out. Although I didn't use any of the fitness facilities I really admired the hotel as a hotel.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

everything was great

Great location...helpful stuff

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Breakfast is medium No alcoholic drinks

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Water shortages and the very noisy air conditioning unit on the roof next to room 703.

The location, the wonderful indoor pool and the gym.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Breakfast could be better.

Everything. Especially the location.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Breakfast could be better.

Everything was very good. Especially the location.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast could have been better.

I've seen many 4 star hotels worse than this one. The location was superb.

Browse Boutique Hotel Central traveller photo gallery