Reviews of The Crane Resort 5 stars

Crane, St. Philip, Barbados, BB18079 Saint Philip, Barbados

#1 of 6 hotels in Saint Philip

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Private Pool

Water pressure low and hot water not always available

The Zen restaurant is a must!. Enjoyed the varied nightly entertainment and the spacious suite with the plunge pool. Felt very relaxed.

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

The room was ok, not what I expected especially as so many persons spoke so highly of the resort, and how much it was the real deal. I never felt special or welcomed. It was my Hubby's birthday and he received is a happy birthday cake plate, nothing else. We received very little information about the resort upon check-in so on Sunday when we went to breakfast we were sent to a different location because we did not pay for gospel breakfast.

The food was great until I experienced dinner at the Carriage house. I loved the beautiful grounds and the monkeys that came to visit every morning. There was a dark short guy at breakfast who was always jovial, always smiling and this made my breakfast a lot better.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Ocean View

Cheats guest by posting pictures and offering a pool in room which nothing but an extremely cold ditch that you can’t use for anything except washing your feet. The extremely aged wooden balcony door locks cut my toes when tried to open twice. The chairs on balcony were purchased in the 70s. Called engineering 3 times to fix light and open safe, but failed to open!! They said they will replace, but never happened in 3 days. Upon checking in, our room had dirty glasses and silverware in sink! So they moved me to another room after we unpacked and wasted two hours after our midnight arrival. Housekeeping circumvents the “Don’t Disturb” sign at door by calling us 9 am to ask if you want your room cleaned ! We are on vacation... so they never cleaned and we had to call at 4 pm and beg... This resort is extremely overused, old and should be priced below USD $100. We paid $350. We actually left after staying 3 days. Just gave up on dealing with staff depression. Not a single smile in 3 days. It’s like going to an MVA or a correctional institute. We moved to the Fairmont, 5 stars first class lovely staff, awesome view of the right side of island. Excellent food. Opened a bottle of champagne in lobby for us on arrival and upgraded us to an extremely beautiful suite when they found out it’s my companion’s birthday. Found a bottle of wine in room and they assigned a personal butler for us, all for $370 per night!!! Got Nespresso coffee machine instead of the disgusting coffee machine at the Crane. Unlimited bottles of water instead of dirty water at the Crane, with expired filter in refrigerator. I would pay $1,000 per night staying at Fairmont versus $50 at the Crane Depression Resort. I never write reviews because I like to give a 2nd chance, but the Crane is “Not For You”, unless it’s below $100 and have a large family and looking to swim in a pool with old people to add to staff’s depression.

Absolutely Nothing. Maybe OK for first time older visitors to Caribbean that have never been to a nice resort. First, its on the wrong side of the island for sure. It takes one hour to get to right side “west side”. Extremely unfriendly staff, disgusting and over used towels and furniture. Furniture is dangerous for guests and especially children. This resort can be beautiful with $500M facelift and educating and training the staff that this is a vacation resort and not a correctional institution!!!

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

Having to chase housekeeping numerous times for mistakes. Unable to keep room on last day and only option given was to freshen up in the gym. Most hotels have a courtesy room where you get an allotted time to shower & change. Not what I expected from a hotel of this calibre

Lovely rooms

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

The only negative was the Sargassum seaweeds.

I really enjoyed the extraordinary views of the ocean and gardens. Subtle lighting of the facilities and grounds.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Ocean View

The beach had seaweed but it cleared up on our final day.

We especially love the breakfast every morning at L'azure restaurant. It was delicious and the service was excellent. Your agent Cheryl dealt with us while we were there and on check out. She was truly amazing. We will definitely be visiting again.

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

There is no minibar in the room, even no bottle of water, no slippers, dressing gowns brought in some kind of package as in the market, very inconvenient lighting in the room, there are no through switches! You go to bed to sleep? first turn off the light and go collect sharp corners with your toes and knees. Beach towels are taken by cards, probably because the contingent in the hotel does not inspire trust? .. Very uncomfortable.The breakfast is very poor, the food in restaurant is awful. And every time you must wait for a long time for everything. Check in, room service...

5 stars at this hotel only for a large territory and carp in the pond. That’s all.

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

The welcome was cold and unfriendly. It felt like we were an inconvenience. When we arrived we happened to look again at booking.com and saw that we could've booked on the day of arrival and got our same booking for £247 (but as we'd booked before travelling we paid £711). We felt totally ripped off. Not to mention that we had booked a 'garden view' room and what w had was a room looking out access the car park. We spoke to the reception staff and asked if any other rooms were available and they said they only had 1 directly opposite the noisy bar. Also, our keycard wasn't set so after going all the way to our room we had to go all the way back to reception to get another key. Also nobody offered to help us with taking our 5 cases (between 2 ppl) to the room. The hotel tried to charge us for breakfast on day one although this was included in my booking. I managed to get it removed from the bill but then they did it again on the second day. There was no hot water in our bathroom. There was no Wi-Fi in our room. At 2am having tried to sleep since 10pm an intermittent screeching noise from machinery outside our room that woke us up every 20 minutes drove us to despair. We had to decamp and complain to the night manager at 2am who said we'd have to move to another room... then, at 2am. So we went all the way across the resort to another room in order to sleep. I've stayed at the crane in the past and it has really gone downhill. I'd never go again. I felt like I was really ripped off and that we didn't get what we'd booked and paid for.

The view from the restaurant - stunning! The pools are lush.

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

I have nothing negative to report about this hotel. See for yourself

Beautiful large property on the east coast of Barbados facing the ocean Interesting history as it is 121 years young and has developed into one of the best known go to vacation properties in Barbados. Excellent restaurants, friendly and helpful staff, great food, family friendly, Local entertainment nightly at their bar.

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

This property is exceptional. There is everything you need at this location. The beds were very comfortable and rooms well appointed. The hotel upgraded my booking to a 1 BR with its own pool. We felt like we had our own fabulous retreat. The staff are friendly and very helpful. I ended up with an allergic reaction to a bug bite and they arranged for a taxi to take me to a great medical clinic close by. I was treated well and given the very best treatment following. This hotel goes above and beyond my expectations. I will be staying here again!!! And telling my friends to go too. Thanks to all The Crane staff.

• Deluxe King Suite with Garden View

1. The property is very tired looking, it would appear not to have been decorated for decades. 2. The fixtures and fittings are of poor quality. 3. The service was very poor. The staff are not attentive at all. The problem is particularly accute in the main bar, where we waited for over 20 minutes for service on more than one occasion and the poolside bar, where the staff ignored us because they were watching a football match on the bar TV ! 4. Breakfast buffet was very limited. 5. The price, at around $ 1,000 / day, for board, food and drinks was simply unacceptable and very, very poor value. This level of experience is not worth more than $ 300 / day !

Zen restaurant, the food was superb and the service excellent

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

you could coordinate your times for services better . In other words , your posted info should at all times be the same as the info being relayed by staff .

The room was excellent , the view magnificent and the staff outstanding .

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

Struggling to say there was anything we didn't really like

The hotels location is superb, the accommodation is excellent, the staff are quite the most helpful, charming and professional group of people you could wish to make you welcome and help during a stay

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

fulfilling their promises i.e. took 100% payment up front when it should have been 50%, this took over 3.5 weeks to rectify. after agreeing check in time had to wait nearly 3 hours for a room. rooms are very dirty and tired restaurant food adequate did no tell us we had to book in advance for restaurants therefore we could not get a table in Zen. overall very disappointing resort

lovely view from room and great beach, friendly staff.

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

The service was unhappy/unfriendly. The property was tired and in disrepair (understanding that the property is large and there are some rooms/buildings that were updated) - but the rate should have been different depending on whether in a renovated building or not. The elevator in our building was out, there was a pile of construction material in front of the entrance that the building which was a bit of an eyesore, our washer/dryer in unit (which is great that they have them) was half taken apart - so not working). The hotel doesn’t even stock the rooms with a single bottle of water (not even for purchase). They do give you a card for a free rum drink...but not water...that doesn’t make sense. So if you’re on the late flight in, you’re SOL until the store opens in the morning where you can buy. I recently rated a beautiful resort in the Turks (Regent Grand) - a manager from the Crane should go there for a week to see how to really run a resort. The rather pricey buffet breakfast was diner level quality. Food service was the slowest I’ve experienced-lunch ordered at 2:30 brought to table at 4;15. Dinner was worse. When I asked for a glass of water before breakfast as I was sitting enjoying what breath-taking views, the server gave me a stare down and then poured the glass as if I had just put her out. The entire visit I was made to feel that my presence was a burden on the hotel staff...and paying US$550 per night - that’s crazy. I paid that for a stay at the St Regis and thought I was part of the royal family. The Crane property is beautiful and really the only “great” resort on Barbados, but it has fallen from glory.

Beach and beach staff were great Views spectacular Good WiFi which they include avail throughout the property Upon check-in the property manager did what he could to soften the impact that they had lost my confirmed booking.com reservation.

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

The beach on the Atlantic ocean is a bit rough as the reviews stated and was expected .

Atmosphere and environment was excellent . Friendly staff willing to assist and help you out . The food at Zen Restaurant was excellent and value for money . Buffet style on certain days at the various restaurant is a great deal . Hot-tub was great and very relaxing . Duty free shopping at Cave Shepard's onsite . Great prices . There's a general store where you can get snacks ect and bottle wine if needed when ur wine runs out .

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

The A/C was broken in our room. They eventually moved us however it took a day and a half. Lack of communication.. the staff didn't communicate anything to us regarding onsite amenities or activities. Staff at 1887 bar was exceptionally rude-like we were putting them out.. they were miserable. The food at Zen was top notch- highly recommend.

The beach was amazing!

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

I would never go back to the Crane nor would I ever recommend it. Our experience was awful from the start. The water was not working at all, so we arrived and were unable to shower or even wash our hands. There was no water! The room itself was gross - old, dirty, stained sheets and couch pillows. I was too grossed out to even sit on it. The A/C was not strong enough to cool the room. Overall, it's just a very run-down resort. If you are looking for a 4- or 5-star hotel experience, The Crane is not for you.

The only redeemable part of my experience was the front desk receptionist and manager, who were very friendly and accommodating during check-out/processing our refund.

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

No answer from hotel when E-mailing them. Sea below the hotel not really for swimming because of big waves (but then there are several pools on site), Poor supply in the general store. Only breakfast alternatives outside the room at our stay was breakfast buffet (that was good but nothing special) or at the cafe that only had sweet alternatives (no sandwiches).

Large room, quiet, air con perfect. Nice beds. Serene hotel area, beautifully landscaped. Gym well equipped and spacious; however air con could have been better there. Easy to reach by taxi or bus from the airport. Bus stop only a few minutes walk away. Fowls Bay can be reached by jogging or walking. Tours are arranged by the hotel but need to book at least 24 hours in advance. Several restaurants on site. Kitchenette in room.

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

Many staff members had terrible attitude, treating us as inconveniences. Check in time was 4pm. We arrived at 130am, and finally had rooms at 6pm! No air conditioning in room. Cupboard/drawer handles and door knobs all slathered in gooey oil.

Nice beach, but would have been better if clean towels available. Ran out 2 days in a row. Staff didn't care or apologise. Restaurant food was great, but breakfast very poor.

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

At check in they took the money for a full 2 night stay and did not tell even though they were aware that the a/c was not working. To give us the option if we still wanted to stay at the hotel. The room was a sweat box. If you tried to open the door mosquitoes will bite you at night. And during the day birds would fly in the room. They say they will take off $50 US from our stay per night. I am still waiting to see. But if i was made aware before they took money i wont have felt con into staying in a sweat box

The Crane is a beautiful hotel with great amenities

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

Dark and gloomy rooms with construction work very nearby. Drinks by pools hard to come by as were sun lounger towels. Nothing opened before 11am and lifts were out of order. Beach bar in totally wrong location with poor ambience.

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

Minor irritation - no cash machine onsite however you can pay by card or charge things to your room at all stores and restaurants on the resort.

This resort is situated on the less busy part of the island. The island is only 21 miles long and taxis are plentiful if you want something more lively. If you are after calm and a very chilled break then this place is for you. The staff are all courteous and obliging; the resort is kept very tidy and is beautifully presented. The beach is beyond compare. I would recommend without hesitation and will hopefully return here one day.

I loved everything.

This place is absolutely beautiful. The staff were friendly, the food was amazing. The accommodation was clean and spacious. I wish I had visited Zen Restaurant earlier as the food was out of this world. The best placed I've stayed by far. Looking forward to my next visit.

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

Got loads of mosquito bites, more restaurants could do with air conditioning. Construction works going on (in September though, being the off season). Not much else to do at night except go to the one bar (bar 1887).

Amazing bed, amazing room. Super friendly staff. Nice air conditioning (always on, no need to adjust). Some nice entertainment, really good food (and reasonably priced). Amazing beach with body boarding!

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Private Pool

The A/C is weak. The pull out couch was a disaster. The dryer didn't dry. The rooms are getting run down a bit.

The view was amazing. The staff is great. The rum punch is out-of-this-world.

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

No hot water, AC would not work consistently, beach towels not always available, staff couldn't proper calculate change for purchases, seems like a manager was never on duty, engineering couldn't get the hot water fixed and eventually just said they did when clearly they did not.

This property was a luxury resort that is in dire need of of significant upgrades and maintenance

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

Poor restaurants, very expensive. A la carte breakfast was below expectations. Buffet breakfast was at 3* hotel level.

A beautiful resort with spacious apartments and an amazing beach

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

Lamp in room wasn't working properly. Bathroom window would not remain open. Far from nightlife.

The food was great. Rum Punch was strong. And the facility is great.

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

It is far from anything else so once you are onsite I think most people just stay there. Our room was right at the end so we were looking at a field with piles of rocks and such. That was disappointing. At the restaurant they forgot about our order so it took well over an hour to get served. They gave complimentary drinks and were very apologietic so I don't think this is standard.

The rooms are fabulous and the resort is nicely laid out and has a nice feel to it. The views are pretty spectacular with the waves crashing in to the beach below. The good at the Zen restaurant was excellent as well.

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

I asked for an early check in as ai had a wedding at 5pm. They told me they will arrange for me to check in at 3pm. I called back to confirm before going to check in and they confirmed again for 3. When I arrived, they said it I can check in at 3:30pm as the room was being cleaned still. This was greatly disappointing due to the timing we planned around the 3pm confirmed time. The bouffet breakfast was also quite limited with food options. Everything else during our stay was great.

The room and grounds and general service are fantastic.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

This part of island is closer to Atlantic Ocean so even though the beach is very beautiful there are high waves and not many people were swimming because of that. We rented a car and were traveling to beaches next to Carebean sea as it was much more comfortable for swimming.

We booked a room with a garden view and a kitchenette. We were traveling with a baby and I needed kitchen equipment to cook. As the room didn't meet the needs, was very small, there was only a sink and no cooker or microwave, we asked for a room change (this is something I rarely do). We were upgraded for no additional cost to a beautiful, large two-bedroom apartment with a sea view. We absolutely loved the room, the baby had lots of space to crawl and "explore", the kitchen was big and very well equipped, and as a bonus the view was absolutely stunning. The room exceeded our expectations and thanks to that we had a wonderful stay, as traveling with a little baby means that a little more space changes a lot. I'm very grateful they made the change without any problem. The hotel has very nice pools, beautiful beach (although with slightly high vawes so no good for swimming), a grociery shop, coffee shop, etc. Very clean. Very helpful staff. I usually prefer smaller hotels than resorts but this doesn't feel like a big one as the main part with restaurants and shops was nicely designed to make you feel like in a small island village. I recommend for children.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

MY only issue, the food from 1887, they need to a better menu and better overall quality. Zen also needs to season their meat a little better. I will say, I did enjoy the Bajan buffet on the Sunday, tasty all the way around.

Loved the location and the privacy that the resort offered. The staff was top notch, everywhere I turned I was greeted by a smiling face! Felt like home.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

The breakfast is simple, but reasonable, but no fresh juices in a tropical establishment is a no go. Bread just English style toast. Coffee all over the hotel is an outrage. It is worse than war substitute. This applies to in room coffee as well as in the breakfast room. Slightly better in the Italian restaurant and almost good in the coffee shop. There is nothing to do or places to walk to in the direct surroundings which are rather dull and low end residential.

View from breakfast table, the great beach and I rather liked the relaxed atmosphere. But do not expect Asian style or top European style attention to detail. Things take their time and are done as the staff sees fit. Mostly fine with me, but if you are of the type expecting doormen, 5 times attention to room a day and a waiter behind you at dinner, it is clearly the wrong place. I would rate this place as a good medium 4 star house, which is overpriced if you pay the full rate but good value if you get a reasonable discount. The view form the Ocean View rooms is spectacular.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

The fact that the system was down, staff booked me in the wrong commendation where I had to pay more money than what I did. I clearly had proof I didn't book the commendation they booked me in for which was bed and breakfast. Also they didn't even tell me I had bed and breakfast only the last day they told me when I went to pay. I basically wasted my money and paid for 3 days and had 1 out of them.

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

The Resort NEEDS to get another golf cart. You cannot operate possibly with one golf cart for guests checking in or out on the weekends. And in addition, you guests end up walking with all our luggage from the room. Invest in a golf cart or another tram, it is the right thing to do.

Excellent beach service. Staff over all were friendly and eager to please. Great size rooms, although bedrooms do require a facelift. Food was very good other than the 1887 Bar. They overcooked and burnt the 5 food items they had on the menu.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

There is construction work going on.Very discreet but feel it should have been mentioned.

Air condition was faulty but hotel management moved us to a far better suite very efficiently.Thanks James. Restaurants were good ,great variety.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Ocean View

Carriage House food...rather tasteless crab wrap, over cooked burgers, avoid bottled salad dressing or ask to see the choices, very very slow service coming from the grill. Great views tho, beautifully situated.

D'onfrios Italian food is excellent. Zen has good sushi etc. Azure is also very good & a quieter more elegant prep & service.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Garden Pool Park Two-Bedroom Suite

Barbados in general, and the Crane specifically, is very expensive. Be prepared when budgeting your trip.

Great vacation with a beautiful room! They upgraded us on arrival which was a really nice surprise. The ocean waves were a blast. The grounds are gorgeous and the staff are very helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

Needs some TLC for this price point.

More attention to detail required - lamp shades rusty. Rip in the sofa. Gym equipment old. Location of room across from building works but not advised of this. As a single female traveller I do not like to be alloacted a ground floor or interconnecting room - I was given both! I was then moved to 3rd floor but the room was still interconnecting. On a plus they allowed me a late checkout with no charge.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Private Pool

Walkways need more lighting at the stairs. Not enough staff at the beach bringing drinks

Management bends over backwards to assist. If they can help... they do. Ask for Mel at the front desk. He is the best !! Food is world class. Little on the expensive side. Ask for the meal plan or all inclusive.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

Facilities just nudging on five star rather than solid five star. Comfortable rather than luxurious. Therefore the price seems high. Had to kill a bug in our room.

Staff were helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

Massage wasn't great Lift to the beach didn't work Outside jacuzzi closed for repairs Maintence going on and work men chatting loudly The pool towel hut man / lady was never there so couldn't get towels Taxis from the hotel to the airport we went 5 times and the hotel taxis were charging double the price for return trips and never have any change.

The rooms

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

Check in was a little lengthy, having said that we were given a rum punch so it wasn't so bad!

The staff were all really lovely. I have been on All Inclusive holidays before where the food is really poor quality but the restaurants were amazing. The All Inclusive package also worked out to be really good value even if you don't drink alcohol. The pools were very quiet and it was very relaxing. The rooms were very nice as well and the beach was beautiful.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Deluxe King Suite with Garden View

Please note place is very old , building/maintenance work everywhere, nothing works, no hot water, no pool/beach towels , the lift to the beach is out of order and no staff at all apart from builders anywhere around the resort. Very stressful 15 days with a 15 month old baby and no hot water :( . Weekends they rent the apartments out for local day parties ( baby shower, Birthdays..) be prepared to have people partying Friday to Monday (day & night) ... very disappointed customer, we holiday In Barbados every year ( 6 years ) and this was by far the most disappointing experience for us as a family.

Very nice hardworking staff and very clean

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

Whilst the staff were mostly lovely the service standards are very average. We waited over an hour from ordering food to being served several times and once had to wait 40 minutes to get served in the bar. Also unless you do not wish to leave the resort at all during your stay a car is essential.

Luxurious rooms in a spectacular setting. Food and drink reasonably priced by Barbados standards and of good quality generally.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

Food choices, the fact that you had to make reservations to assure you had a seat

The resort was absolutely beautiful. The grounds are amazing and views to die for. The restaurants were ok and the food was just ok. I can't say I was blown away. However, the drinks were awesome...lol

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Private Pool

Unfortunately we experienced water shutdowns every morning. The staff bought around bottled water to compensate. Food at the restaurants weren't the best value for money, with better choices on the other side of the island. Concierge staff weren't very helpful, but the ladies at the front desk were super helpful.

Hotel is beautifully presented and staff are warm and welcoming. Our room was gorgeous with amazing views of the ocean. Our housekeeper Susan was lovely as well as the beach staff Corey who gave us tips for activities on the island. Staff made our stay marvellous!

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Garden Pool Park Two-Bedroom Suite

Fridge and microwave a bit old and not working particularly well. Air con in living area not very effective.

Wonderful staff, extremely helpful. Beautiful grounds, spacious accommodations, great food.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

Junior suite is separated by a door to the next room and sound proofing is very poor. Asked to be moved as I could hear everything from the next room. We were moved to another junior suite but were told that there wouldn't be anyone in it that night. I was woken by guests moving in. I had very little sleep and finally slept with my ear phones in.

Comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

• Garden Pool Park Two-Bedroom Suite

Very far from the island's attractions, we waited hours for simple things like towels and toiletries. The pools needed to be cleaned. Wifi limited to common room. You need a map to get around.

Very private. Many amenities including kitchen and laundry service were great. Beautiful views.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

The rate didn't include breakfast which is a whopping $50 per person. The cheapest room service breakfast is $18 but there is an added $15 delivery charge which is written so small I didn't notice it...

The room facilities were wonderful and the bed really comfy.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

Location was very far from local attractions, food was pricey for the quality and we where located next to building works which tended to be very noisy in the day

The room, facilities and staff were lovely

• Garden Pool Park Two-Bedroom Suite

Restaurant closed at short notice

Everything - Hospitality for my mums Birthday- flowers and cake Also the room, facilities, pools - as I said EVERYTHING!

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

We could hear the conversation of the guests in our room. It was so loud it sounded as though they were in the room due to the door that seperated our rooms. It felt as though we had no privacy. For the amount of money we spent on our room I expected better.

• Garden Pool Park Two-Bedroom Suite

the breakfast wasnt spectactular but the view from the restuarant was breathtaking.

the room was large and comfortable.the staff was friendly, surrounding gorgeous! had personal pool but lots of pools on property. the internet worked well. the welcome rum punch was the perfect start to a great day

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Garden Pool Park Two-Bedroom Suite

The restaurants and room service close by 9:30 pm so if you're looking for food after that it's difficult

Excellent resort! Perfect for families... You never have to leave the resort even local ice cream at the village cafe. Breathtaking views and comfortable suites.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

Arrival process and booking into room was tortuous. Staff service generally on the resort was slow except departures desk which was fine. Breakfast buffet was poor on cold food and hopelessly cheap and malfunctioning toasters. Poor form for a five star resort.

Pool areas

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

• Deluxe King Suite with Garden View

I had a fantastic time at The Crane. The staff were excellent especially the receptionists and Lisa (Jada Pinkett) look alike who worked at the Onofrioâ restaurant, she was superb and paid attention to detail in the most professional manner. The whole experience was out of this world and will be definitely be returning next year.

Older décor, A 3 dressed up as a 9

Large rooms

Clean, comfortable and spacious

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

Bathroom was large, with a shower and jacuzzi bath, but needs a bit of a refurbishment as getting tired

Zen restaurant was superb!!!

Nil

Excellent service , friendliness and professionalism

• Deluxe King Suite with Garden View

toilet flushes were in need of an upgrade

Comfy and spacious appartments, excellent restaurants. Beautiful location and views

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

Being so isolated from other things to walk to .

The beach

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

Beautiful place! Very relaxing and calm. Stunning beach and excellent service throughout!

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

food was a little slow to arrive in restaurants, bit of a problem with children

Great beaches, location, views, restaurants, rooms

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

The photos do not do The Crane justice. It is better in person. The resort is beautiful; the rooms are beautiful and the views are spectacular!

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

Dusty on arrival but rectified by house cleaning next day

Safety

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

Can't think of anything i didn't like

Overall everything especially the live entertainment as I love those kinds of things

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

Great 3 room suite with a private roof-top swimming pool and a BBq.

Excellent stay vacation.

Longer stayE

The rooms , food , pools

• Junior King Suite with Garden View

It is a run down place...smelly...old...everything sticky and dated

The Gym....even if some of the gear was rusty...

Browse The Crane Resort traveller photo gallery