Reviews of Hotel Albergo 2 stars

5.5

6.2

Not recommended
    • Quadruple Room

Unsafe neighbourhood (Red Light District alert), worst hotel I've ever been, dirty beddings, no make up room, absolutely horrible with unrealistic photos

It is worth satisfying and restful. Not a luxury. Good.
    • Quadruple Room

The hotel needs a lot of renovations. It is urgent. Specially the bathrooms. Place more power outlets in the room to charge our Cellphone and Laptops. Equipped the rooms with working telephone and TV. Have a ready electric fan when weather gets too humid and hot.

The Hotel is rated 2 star. The telephone is not working. The bathroom/shower room has no cover door, no cover curtain. The door can't be Locked. The water takes forever to heat. The bathroom sometimes runs out of water to flush after using it. It is worth your money if you just need a place to rest at the end of the day. But if you are looking for leisure and luxury, the hotel is not for you. The staff named Adman and the other guy was very friendly and helpful, during our checked in and checked out, they called the taxi for us and even give us a heads up on how much the taxi fare was. The hotel needs a lot of renovations to do. The staff can only do so much. Very good staff. The proximity of the hotel to the Grand Place which showcase Belgiums Identify and history was walking distance. So with good restaurants.

Budget hotel - clean and tidy.

Light switch not next to bed. 3rd floor with steep stairs.

Budget price, clean accommodation, central location, ease of access to all city facilities. Polite staff.

Not for young children,dodgy area. I suggest to go in groups.
    • Quadruple Room

The area is very drug ridden and not that safe. Shower plastic door was missing.

The staff are great and very helpful, room was clean and spacious. Close to the north train station.

Not a safe hotel and staff just don`t care.

In the evening there was a leaking pipe under the basin in the bathroom.While I was standing in this puddle of water I tried to dry my hair with the hair dryer,But when I switched it on it fired electric sparks at me while I was standing in the water!. I contacted reception and when he came up,he switched on the hair dryer and also saw the electric sparks and the water. I asked for another room,but the Asian reception guy just told me "NO he can`t do that", even though I checked on the internet and the hotel was showing it still had rooms for sale. So why can`t he give me a safer room? Bad service!!!

The bed was comfy

Noisy at night

Price and location very central, good connection to trains. Very noisy at night, stayed 4 nights and all of the nights my sleep was interrupted by noise making other guests (Russians who where making party's at hotel, shouting and knocking doors) - I understand that this is problem of guests culture, but hotel staff could take more care about the rules at night.

Bathroom was clean and sanitary fitments were new.

Room was awfully dirty and there were just mattresses put on something and a board near the wall instead of beds. District looks dangereous.

Bathroom was clean and sanitary fitments were new. Close to Gare du Nord.

Terrible

I ask non smoking it stunk and reeked of heavy smoke odor smell even with spray u could not get rid of the smoke smell. Then someone next room smoking marijuana and the other room guys would not stop talking until 2am.

Close to train station

The location of the hotel is good.

There was a smell of cigarette smoke in the room. The inventory of the room was in principle ok but dirty, like the two chairs in the room on which I didn't want to sit on or use otherwise. The direct neighborhood of the hotel is shady, so I didn't want to be outside around the hotel at night.

The location of the hotel is good. In a walk of under 10 minutes a shopping street is reachable witch leads directly into the city center.

It is unacceptable that toilet and bed inside one room without any compartment!! It is so disgust!!

Room design and hotel staff service When I check in, I unaccepted for this hotel. I find other hotel and cancel this booking, but it has penalty if cancel! When I told staff about my reason, he told me that I should discuss with him first, he can arrange other room with single toilet room. It is very unacceptable service which he arrange the bad room to the customer first!! I totally without any respect and sense of security!! I go out directly!!!!

The location and some staff were ok

No very clean, Windows dusted and broke. Cold and I even had to go tell the receptionist to put the heater on. No fridge inside the room, cozy but small for 3 people. The room next door was noisy even at 5am.

The location and some staff were ok

smart place for smart tourists

nothing to say

Excellent location, good value for money, amazing staff always kind and available, very decent room with all the necessary facilities and good wifi

Dirty room

I have been really disappointed. I am not picky. The room was supposed to be non-smoking. It smelled really bad cigarette though. The toilets where stuck in a little hole in the wall so you nearly couldn’t sit on it and burn your knee when sitting. The place was overheated and we could not fix the temperature as the heater was broken. There was BLOOD on the hairdryer. Considering all of this, I paid way too much for this room.

The hotel was not far from the railway station so we got there easily. The guy at the reception was polite and professionnal. We had free wi/fi and free tv.

Ok for the money. I only stayed 1 night.

The room has very thin walls and you could hear everithing at the hallway or next rooms. If you are light sleeper you will have problems.

The staff were wery kind

The room was fine with bathroom inside.

The room was fine with bathroom inside. The staff was friendly and always willing to help, they let us leave the luggage there the day that we checked out so that we didn't have to carry them while walking around. It is located close to the city centre just a few minitues walking from the Cathedral.

Good Central Hotel for a short stay on a budget

There was no hot water in the morning. They called someone out and luckily it was fixed by check out time so I suppose there was not much more they could do.

Very close to Brussels Noord Railway station.

Not comfortable bed & sleep

Had a Very disturbed sleep during 3 nights. :-( and awake almost all the night because of noise. Not good isolation of rooms People are like staying with you in the same room No respect! Bathroom part of bedroom and bedroom part of bathroom! This is not really a good architecture for air quality in the room. This is to be reconsidered!

Proximity to centrum. Price ok!

Just okay.
    • Classic Family Room

The lighting inside the room. And there is no lift. Everything was just okay. I would say it is a budget hotel. Maybe not suitable for family.

The location near to the station.

Strategic location and comfort

nothing to say

Originally I booked a smaller room. Due to some other customers extending their period of stay I was given a very beautiful and comfortable room, even better than the single room I have booked. Staff is absolutely helpful, kind and always available. Room is located in a very central area from which all relevant places are accessible, as it is very close to the train s and underground stations.

Excellent stay for limited budget

3 min walking distance to European Commission and North Train Station, 10 min to downtown. Very clean. Vary basic, but all you need for the stay at a small price. Very silent because it is close to Botanic Garden.

Very easy to get to from BRU airport.

The sink was clogged and there was no sope in the dispenser - but I got it from the dispenser in the shower. Stayed only one night, so did not ask them to fill it.

Very easy to get to from BRU airport. Very clean room.

Great location, comfortable and helpful frontdesk

The room wasn't so clean, when we arrived we found cigarette butts in the floor and we almost never had hot water for the shower

What I like the most is the great location, just few minutes walking from downtown, comfortable beds, nice and helpful people in the frontdesk

Good for break at Brussels
    • Classic Family Room

Not too close to City Center. Neighboorhood with drug dealers on bars and prostitution.

Cheap room, clean (towels,sheets and bathroom) and near by brussels-noord train station

Overall good for travellers whom are not picky and want to save money

The bathroom looks old. Sink was cracked, the toilet seat/lid was not bolted properly. Some hairs were on the flor. The stairs are really narrow so there could be a problem if you have a big language.

The location an good price are the big benefits. The receptionist was nice.

- price was relatively low compared with other hotel options

- breakfast for price 7 EUR was extremely basic: 1)very poor choice and 2) warm was only tea and coffee

- price was relatively low compared with other hotel options

It’s close to the North train station so it was near to...
    • Classic Family Room

Toilet was a bit dirty and there didn’t seem to be enough hot water for the 6 of us to shower so we had to wait a little in between (not a big problem). The hotel is also some distance away from the main touristy area of the city but it’s a short pleasant walk away so it’s really good given the price!

It’s close to the North train station so it was near to where we arrived by bus in the wee hours of the morning. Reception was also kind enough to let us rest in the reception before sunrise and before our bus back home even though they were not obliged to do so. They were also able to store our bags in a secure luggage room under lock and key, which was nice. Rooms are okay, toilet could be a little cleaner but the floor was nice and warm and it was worth our money for a one-night stay.

I have stayed Hotel Albergo to point of origin of my trip...

I have stayed Hotel Albergo to point of origin of my trip 3nights. As you know, Brussels Nord Station is most near airport or various quarters. Hotel have the best access to transportation only 5min and good staffs.

Disappointed

Rooms were not cleaned properly. Showers in bathroom were broken, no hot water in the morning to bath..when asked the staff was indicating that the hotel is full and they had a geyser which can't accommodate to supply hot water to all guests . It's strange that hotel is not equipped to provide basis amenities. Breakfast was empty at 8.30AM and no person to refill. They took the payment upfront for BF and when asked the staff was telling me that I should come early inspite of the fact that BF was served until 10AM. I would not recommend this hotel and specially when you are going with family.

Location of the property is good.

I liked the price and the location.

I liked the price and the location. It was good enough to stay again, the value was fair for the price paid. The location was the best part, close to the North Station and Rogier.

Shabby but inexpensive

Very old, shabby and smell of smoke in the room.

Good location close to Gare du Nord and ERC offices at Rogier. Clean and comfortable bed and quiet at night.

Fire the cleaning lady!

The room and batroom were extremely dirty. I didn`t expect that after reading the review, were the cleanliness was probably the only advantage. The cleaning lady must be fired! Ok, the towels and recicle bins were changed every day, but I desperately needed some gloves to touch any surface in the room. The bed and inside the warderobe were the only clean places in the room. The rest of furniture (a desk and two dressers) were very old and spotty. I was surprised to discover, tht the spots are removable. After that I did not want to touch anything. There were some things on the floor first day. Bathroom: The bathroom was in dark blue, easy to see that the sink is all in spots. The bath has green bottom ahd has wery far from any shine. The hanger for the shower was missing. There was also a dirty bide in the bath. Even the glass in the bathroom (the only one in the room) had a precipitate at the bottom. Although I moved it, it wasnt changed or cleaned iod of my for the period of my stay. The rest: very narrow and steep stairs with sepate light at each floor, so one has to feel their wall across the entire wal to find the light swich. At last day exactly at the bottom of the stairs was left a bin with dirty water and rars inside for couple of hours. Although the cheapest prise for this period in Brussels and maybe the only one with availability of the rooms in the area I wouldnt stay again there.

The location is easy to reach from the Nogrd Station, although the area is not very pleasant and it looks dangerous in the late evening. The bed was comfortable and clean. There were enough electricity points for chargers. The addidtioal good point was that I received a double bed instead of booked single one.

One of my worst experience in a hotel.

In the room, you do not have a wall between bathroom and bedroom. The bed lingerie was smelling bad. The walls in the room were unclean and the price was high taking into consideration the conditions. Totally disappointed.

The location of the hotel, close to the city center, you can even walk.

Booking.com should be forced to show a warning before advertising this place ...

I was looking for a Hotel near the Covent Garden building of the European Commision at Place Rogier close to the train station Brussels North. What I did not know was that the red light district starts directly behind the building - and this is where Hotel Albergo lies. There are surely some nice red light districts in some places, but this is just ugly and unsafe. Rooms in Hotel Albergo are available also by the hour ... but hygiene was unfortunately out during my stay.

Not a bit.

Great public transport locations nearby to sightseeing...

No breakfast possible, you have to take very narrow stairs up to your room, which can get difficult if you are travelling with heavy or big luggage

Great public transport locations nearby to sightseeing hotspots

Lovely people in brussels
    • Quadruple Room

No breakfast. No tea/coffee facilities in the hotel. No guest wTer bottles in the room. To be fair was room only but i did expext some of these facillites just like in london n hamburg.

Close to the metro n shopping centre. Friendly staff.quiet

The location is perfect and staff was friendly

There is no lift and stairs is narrow.

The location is perfect and staff was really friendly and helpful, if you need help just ask them they are really kind and the hotel was clean and bathroom was good the check in and check out procedures was good

Horror

It was the most horrible place I have ever stayed in. Very dirty and old furniture while the price was not exactly good.

Close to the nord train station and the city centre.

Cheap and fairly quiet room located near a botanical gardens...

Pillows were awful, lumpy and offered no support. The bed sheet was much larger than the duvet inside, although bed itself was comfortable. Curtains did not reach the window sill by a clear foot! Uneven floor. Shower was ok, but drainage was so bad you flooded the bathroom with even a short shower. Hallway light is on a timer and made it difficult to see the card slot on the door as it went out to fast. Located right around corner from the red light district (this may be a plus for some). The area around this side of the station is fairly run down (it was easy enough to get back from the main tourist area without walking through the worst parts) Pictures are not decietful but cover the same area from multiple angles. In reality the lobby area is tiny with a small breakfast area attached.

Cheap and fairly quiet room located near a botanical gardens, only 5 minutes walk from a major train station and you can easily walk directly from the Grand palace to here in 15 minutes.

It is not a Hotel. Even hostel has better facilities.

It was my worst experience in a hotel. WiFi was just HORRIBLE. Didn't get everything like breakfast, iron-box. There was no air condition. Almira was broken.

Nearer to the Metro and Railway station.

Great staff. Relatively clean. Poor facilities.

Room furniture and style was old. Sheets were clean but old (noticed some wholes in some sheets) Internet connection super slow

very friendly and professional staff. Breakfast was decent.croissants were particularly good!

Shower would leak when you use it, no fans or air...

Shower would leak when you use it, no fans or air conditioning provided in hot weather. Floor was damaged. Strong smell of cat piss when you enter the room

Good price

Last night until 4AM was very noisy, group of people arrived around midnight and started celebrating, whoop, run stairs up and down.. wall here are thin, receptionist did not took care to keep silence

Good location and price, small hotel, friendly personel.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Reception.

Internet did not work on my 2nd day, TV did not work at all. Shower head went in all directions. The shower door leaked, so bathroom floor was full with water. Bed matrac dirty..

Reception.. nice guys, friendly

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Good enough with a heater which I'm not sure if I should say "good" or "too much"

It will be perfect if the hotel can change the hard-working heater into an air-conditioner which can control the temperature freely...

The heater is good... "too" good. The outdoor temperature was cold, but the heater indoor works extremely well and we have to soak the bath blanket and put it on the heater otherwise we would be surely to lose our voice after a whole night's sleep.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Convenient for a couple of days

The lighting meant I kept tripping over stairs

Then bed was comfortable and had a nice private bathroom and the staff were friendly and helped direct us

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Simple, quiet, comfortable

It's very simple accomodation , perhaps not suitable if you are travelling with children

Very Friendly Staff, Conveneint for Botanique, Rogier, Brussels Nord, locations. Great value for money.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Broken rooms at the border of the red light district

- The room was in a very bad state (door handle of the bathroom was unusable, tiles in the bath room were broken, coat hangers in the wardrobe lay in pieces on the ground, etc.) and looked slightly grubby. - The stairs are incredibly narrow and steep, so you've got to very closely watch your step here. - No WiFi - The hotel is at the border of a red light district ... feels uncomfortable here at night.

- Friendly staff - 24h reception

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Good hotel in this price category

Internet works *only* in the lobby, and its speed is quite slow.

Location is good, it very close to city centre (~7 mins walk). Transport connections in this area are very convenient to any part of the city (e.g. one bus to the airport).

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Okay, first of all I am not a so pretentious client, the...

Okay, first of all I am not a so pretentious client, the only thing that I want from a hotel is quiet, and here I definitely found it. My single room was warm, cozy, functional and also clean. The position is good, the hotel is far 10/15 minutes on foot by the Grand Place and it's very close to Brussels Noord train station (and it's also located in the heart of the red light district and few steps by the fascinating Rue de Brabant). So yes, thumbs up for Hotel Albergo 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 (and for Bruxelles too)

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Run far away!! Extreme health hazard-black mold everywhere

Black mold on all walls in the room and the staff would not refund our money because we stayed for 45 minutes before leaving/notifying them.

Absolutely nothing.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Friendly staff
    • Classic Family Room

Space for corridors and stairs is small. Hot water for shower not functioning properly sometimes.

Location on the property and friendly & helpful staff

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

A cheap choice to stay in Brussels near Rogier.

The location is not good, no elevator, very noisy customers, the wifi is not strong and no breakfast.

The staff was very polite and the room was very clean. A great choice for a very cheap option to stay in Brussels.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

They don't have a light on stairs, the room doesn't have a wall between bedroom and bathroom (I couldn't saw that in pictures because they avoided this little (but biiig) detail). Also, the closet was broken.

It was very close to center and they speak at least 3 languages (english, french, romanian)

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Not a good hotel

The rooms were small beds were dirty and staines no tea or coffee over priced for the quality of hotel.

The location was good as not far to walk to city centre,

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Quite over night.

Ok a 2 starts place and a cheap option.... but a minimum is still required. Many things are broken. Close your eyes while reaching your room.

Quite over night.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Good quality / price if you are not too picky

The stairs are a bit too narrow, and the light in the common parts switches itself off very quickly (actually before you reach the end of the stairs).

Quiet location, next to the botanic garden and to 2 metro stations (Botanique / Rogier). The room offers a very simple but sufficient comfort: a small desk, a closet and a private shower / toilet / sink. Room was clean and bed comfy. Staff was friendly. Excellent value for money if you are not too picky.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Bad Choice...

there were no hot water for 2 days, and we found out the staff knew it's going to happen and didnt tell us.. Also the room was freezing cold and there wasn't any heating

Undecided

Bedroom was nothing like the management pictures. We requested low floor and got top floor. Steep dark stairways with a strange odour and timed lighting which turns off too soon as you climb. Plenty of hot water but no plug stopper... The "debris" under the beds was a whole new world on it's own! I'd say this hotel could be back on track after a deep clean and some attention paid to the mix/match furnishings and bathroom "catastrophe's". I have sympathy for it as it has been allowed to degrade. Bizarre payment system - NO DEPOSIT required to book BUT hotel deducts the equivalent of the cancellation fee when you do book, then you pay the full bill on arrival and then they refund the fee......very strange way to operate.

Staff were pleasant, polite and helpful. Location was neither good nor bad. Near to transport links (via underpasses), but hilly broken walkways and roadworks through the bustling Red Light District. Not the fault of the hotel of course but it all plays a part. 24 hour reception which is manned and secure as the front door is locked. Excellent shopping street adjacent with varied goods and restaurants. Easy to walk to Grand Place etc. Beds were comfortable but not very hygienic looking. Linen and towels were changed regularly which was excellent as the weather was extremely humid. I can't say it was cheap in comparison to other hotels of similar rating. Would I stay again - undecided.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Good for that price

Wi-Fi is not great. Free option works really stupid, you have to register new account every hour and speed is low. Paid option is just nonsense.

Hotel is really close to the train/bus station. Staff is nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Good staff in poor hotel

Facilities of a hotel and infrastructure Looks like a lodging place Steep stairs and no lift

Warmth of the staff and eagerness to help in small things

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

No breakfast but beds were good
    • Quadruple Room

The Indian man in reception with earing was awful and bad reaction . He was talking to me and his eyes on his phone all time and running high . music on night but the girl next day was very good and helpful

No breakfast but beds were good

Price adequate to standard

Very weak Wi-Fi, no breakfast

Localization was very convincing

Nice place, comfy beds.

Although we booked last minute, it turned out to be better than expected. Friendly staff, clean rooms, and hot shower. Comfy beds too.

Very expensive EUR 142 for 1 night, very bad old, dirty,...

Very expensive EUR 142 for 1 night, very bad old, dirty, noicy room, for that price no airco, no elevator.

Budget accomodation

Badly in need of renovation

Price and central location

Perfect solution for pragmatic turists

nothing to say

strategic central position and kindness of the staff

The staff were friendly

The room provided was a penthouse and was not ventilated properly.

The staff were friendly

Staff are really nice and helpful

Smoking smell in the room

Staff are really nice and helpful

Overall nice place to stay

I disliked the dust in the dressing table and in the drawer

The staffs were very friendly and approachable.

Very cold

Very cold

Administration was really nice

Administration was really nice

The staff were friendly and helpful.

The bathroom could have been cleaner.

The staff were friendly and helpful.

Great experience!

nothing to say

Ideal hotel for all purposes, near the train station Gare du Nord, perfect if traveling with a lot of bags.

Browse Hotel Albergo traveller photo gallery