Reviews of Argus Hotel Brussels 3 stars

Rue Capitaine Crespel 6, Elsene / Ixelles, 1050 Brussels, Belgium

#120 of 215 hotels in Brussels

There is always room for improvement but I haven't noticed anything specially that bother me that much for mentioning it as I didn't liked. So, usually it is quiet, clean, properly equipped, on good location, nice staff. It is about small hotel and what they offer you really have it, so my impression that it is about a fair hotel.

I have been guest at Argus Hotel for several time and I always like my stay there. Usually staff is kind and nice. Rooms are nice and properly equipped.

The room was very small. The big suitcase barely could enter the room. Not to mention that it was difficult to open it due to lack of space. The bedroom had a single blanket. Something to be aware of. It was possible to hear all the neighboring guests. The shower and the water flushing was very noticeable. The hotel itself is constructed like kind of a maze. It was easy get lost for a few seconds. The elevator was very small. A person with a suitcase would take the whole space. Very few free electricity sockets. Had to use the socket for the fan in the bathroom to charge the phone.

The room is equipped with an air conditioner, which was nice. The breakfast was very good with lot of fruits and variety of cheeses and sausages. Breads and croissant with some yogurts. Very delicious. The staff was great and helpful. Answered all the questions with patience and advised us on the best routes to take. Even kept the luggage for few hours for us. Additional plus, is the availability of the front desk. 24h at the desk. Good location, very close to the metro station and to the main street. Also not that far from the historical city center which is good.

Room key (electronic) a bit difficult. Air conditioner unit rather noisy but good to take off worst of the heat.

Excellent location for sightseeing. Good selection at breakfast and plenty of time to enjoy it. Will definitely consider this venue again for future visits.

A colleague had a very small room according to her description, so room quality differs. Also when we wanted to drink something during the evening we needed to walk a bit to find a cafe.

We arrived with quite a lot of people at the same time but they handled the registration quite quick. The room was as always quite good but not too large. It had airconditioning which helped a lot in June. Breakfast offers a lot of choices. This is just a fair hotel near but not directly next to the European are and the city centre.

Breakfast was awesome, fantastic choices and lots to go around. Aircon in rooms which was great! Staff were friendly and helpful with great recommendations

Like a rabbit warren. Lack of plug sockets - kettle had to be plugged into bedside table socket. Window needed a safety catch.

Receptionist was really helpful and friendly. Free night time parking in the road, if your stay is short.

There s no parking place for 10€. We paid 18. If there s was a place for 10 the personal don’t asking us. The knew that we are traveling by car

Well situated near to the center

The cost of parking my car in the area. I was told it would cost €10 to park my car with the designated pace park, However, I ended up paying €27 altogether. I parked my car in the car Park and when I was ready to go I paid €10 to the hotel assistant who then handed me a paper card to use at the paying machine. Unfortunately the card didn’t work , despite several attempts, and this resulted in me was paying the full amount which was €17, which I did. I spoken to the member of staff and he said “ I’ll speak to my manager about it”. I was also told by another member is that the money would be refunded on my card, but this didn’t happen.

The staff members were very polite and professional. I enjoyed the breakfast and would recommend the hotel to friends and relatives.

My room didn't have any meaningful view out of the window, and you could hear a lot out side of the room when other guests were passing by. The air con didn't work very well.

The hotel is well situated, close to the Louise Metro and tram stops. The hotel had a modest yet sufficient and filling continental breakfast selection. Friendly staff who were very helpful.

Small hotel located very near to public transport. Room and bathroom compact but comfortable and well-appointed. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Wide choice for breakfast.

They would have asked me what I wanted in my sandwich as I didn’t eat them . Again the rooms were smaller than I expected

I loved turbo breakfast , especially the take away package the made for we.

- Extremely basic and cheap furniture and style. - Noisy as you can hear almost everything from the corridor and the rooms close by. - Reception unreachable by phone from the room. - For breakfast you can get better outside. - Not recommended if coming by car as the parkings close by are extremely expensive (17€ per day)

- Great location (if not coming by car)

The WiFi was horrible so if you’re going for business or if you can’t use your phone due to international roaming charges this hotel will be the worst for you. Also the heat was extremely high and it took a day to figure out how to change the temperature and cool the room down.

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

In the bathroom were waste of the person who stayes before. After claim the litter bins was in another position, but the waste was always inside! The third bed in our room was only a foldaway bed of metal. The room was in the basement and all the waterpipes of the hotel were inside the room ceiling, so we always was shocked and disturbed if anybody in the hotel went to toilet or taking a shower. We have no breakfast, because we have to went away at 07:15 am and breakfast started only at 07:30 am and they are not able to give us some fruits or bread to take with us. If we want this we have to tell them 2 days before!

Very friendly people at the reception

Old toilet (flash broke) and cold in bathroom on 5th floor (broken radiator).

The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was a selection of bread, croissants, cheese, Kiri cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, dried plums, kiwi, bananas, grapes, jam, eggs, toast, freshly made coffee and orange juice BIO (excellent !!!). The hotel has a small and cosy (for 3 people) elevator. I recommend to people who like the atmosphere of old and climatic hotels.

Noise insultation missing - you can hear other guests around and above you (I could almost see through room entrance door).

Close to metro, nice clean room, though small

Nice hotel, clean, excellent breakfast, completely equipped room, good wifi, polite and helpful staff, near Louise metro and shops and supermarkets. Excellent price and excellent value for the money. Completely recommended.

Poor wireless Internet access, probably due to non-customers using it as a public hotspot (it isn't password protected). Would recommend having a periodically changed password for access so it will be available for hotel guests only.

Very good location, close to a major metro (underground) station (Louise). Rooms have individual air conditioners so one can set their favorite temperature. Room size compares favorably with other hotels of a similar class in Brussels. Bathroom has a normal bathtub instead of having just a shower.

We have a trouble regarding the payment, which was charged twice, but the receptionist was very helpful and readily solved the problem with patience and profissionalism.

Very good localization, close to the center. Right at side there is an official Apple store, which I loved to visit. Grand-place and Manneken Pis are a short walk far. The breakfast was delicious, with variety of food. I liked the croissant. The employees are very attentive and helpful.

Tiny elevator. Bad pillows. No on site parking.

Very friendly staff. Huge and delicious breakfast. Good location next to metro station and shopping area. Comfortable bed. Nice and quiet

Elevator is very small. So at one time two people can barely fit in. We had a lot of luggage and we had to make multiple trips to the second floor through the elevator. This was troublesome experience but the staff was very nice overall.

Proximity to avenue Louise and therefore great shopping!

Parking offered had a height restriction which meant it wasn’t possible for us to park as we were travelling in a camper. Would be helpful if the height restriction was mentioned online! Found parking on the street eventually so no real complaints.

Good value for money, bed comfy, lots of options for breakfast

Unfortunally the ubication of the hoyel was not close from the city center. Although there is a metro station near by you have to change the metro line to get the central station.

The most I liked was the staff attention.

No elevator to get to the triple room and many stairs to get to it. Noisy in the second night due to people speaking loud in the corridor. Double room had toilet not working and it has been changed for the second night.

The position was convenient, breakfast was good

Strangely enough there were no bath mats in both bathrooms. Since the shower is not closed off effectively, that was a little strange. Double beds are equipped with one blanket only. That was quite big (2x2 metres), thus it was okay as well. Beds are a little on the soft side, but just slightly (and we really sleep on hard matresses, so this might not be representative).

Central location (Metro very close), good breakfast (fresh fruit, croissants, muesli, eggs, juice, tomato salad, sausages etc.), rooms a little small, but okay. Rooms were equipped with coffee & tea as well (didn't say that in the description) and hair dryers. We had asked for rooms next to each other and for quiet rooms - and got them. Parking is 10 € / day, okay for Bruxelles. The hotel is not fancy, but good value for money!

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Breakfast time has been changed from 7am to 8am, so It wasn’t for me because I was in a hurry to the ferry View from room air conditioner, ladder and wall... almost idyllic 😡 I found information on Booking.com price for car park opposite the hotel 10€/day I paid 17€/day What a surprise

Must to inprove the comunication with the Booking.com. I've booked and payd by credit card for room on 12th Nov.2017 and when i arrived on 16th Dec.2017 i was double charged for the room. So i am going to claim and wait for refunding the amount overpayd, by Booking.com. As from my experiance from the last case, it would take about 15 business days. Enough to Hope and Pray!!!

Bit noisy room next to the elevator (although i asked for a quiet room). Some small corridors and stairs to get to different locations in the building.

I liked the location. Restaurants and metro near by. Walking distance to some of the EU buildings. Quick check-in and check-out. Ok quality for a 3 star hotel.

Noisy room even though I asked for a quiet one, the lift did not operate correctly, the wi-fi was poor, my table at breakfast was cleared before whilst I was at the food bar.

There was not any particular aspect that stood out.

Lift door is very old one. Space was very tiny. Should be change soonest possible.

Total nice environment & reception staff were very good & well manners.

No on site parking.

The staff great very helpful, Breakfast as much as you want and lady looking after breakfast room was great. Rooms are good and position excellent. The hotel was 50m from a shoppers paradise.

Great breakfast, friendly and helpful staff and a superb location. Price/quality, there won't be many better hotels than this in Brussels. Will definitely be going back :)

Some of the staaf was quite ignorant about the locality, and how to read a map. The breakfast room without windows, with a boring buffé without personality and love for eating.

The location, the room, the bathoroom. The help from one in the staaf about information about the locality,

Elevator should be maintained again (is not working correctly).

The bed was super comfortable, we slept very good. Breakfast was very good. The location of the Hotel is also very good (city center is in short walking distance) and parking prices with the hotel discount is also quite fair (10 € per day). Hotel is perfect for a city trip. We will come back for sure.

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Reception told us we have no choice but to take the stairs and we have luggages. Only to know on our last day that theres a lift. Shower is bad as well

Helpful philippine staff

I booked for another person and, prior to my arrival, I called them twice to agree on the invoicing method. We agreed on the phone (no answer by email) but then they acted completely dufferently in reality. very poor customer service.

The room was really small so as the bed and the desk where I could barely fit my laptop into. In the morning one can hear a lot of noise from the other rooms doors.

Central location, with easy access by public transportation.

• Family Room with Bath

The air conditioner did not work during our staying two nights. I called to tell, but no solution at the first day, and a standing electric fan was put in the second day, made more narrow in the small room..

The breakfast was very good, we all like it very much.

The lift was down a flight of stairs which made it quite difficult to transport the luggage but it was doable. Had to make several trips as the lift was quite tiny.

The breakfast room was pretty clean & welcoming. The staff manning the breakfast was very pleasant and friendly. The hotel was very clean; friendly staff & welcoming front entrance. Very close to the metro and great shopping. Good quality restaurants as well.

The elevator does not go straight to the reception area, one has to walk up a few steps which is a bit inconvenient when checking in & out with ones baggage. Also, the elevator is very small and can only take one person with a suitcase and bag at a time. But manageable!

Staff were very friendly and served one with a smile, always. The location was ideal for my meetings and walks during the late afternoon and evenings. The breakfast was good, there was basically two or more of everything so a good choice and plenty to keep one going until lunch or evening time. The room was very clean, comfy and quiet. The bathroom was functional and ok in size. There was a fridge in the room, great as i did some shopping for cheese and other Belgian specialties to take back. The Wi-fi was free and reliable and fast. The TV had apart from many French channels also BBC news and world.

Not applicable.

Location was key - very close to the meeting place. The cost was reasonable for Brussels and the amenities in the area, restaurants and bars, could not be faulted.

Entrance is a bit crap and not very nice. Wifi could be better. No feet towel in bathroom. No access for disabled people.

Very nice modernistic hotel! Simple rooms, white with blue accent, simple and comfortable furniture, very good bed, and spacious bathroom, good heating and AC. Clean, friendly staff, just few minutes away on foot from metro stop and in nice area of Brussels. I liked breakfast included in a price, simple but very tasty and breakfast art nouveau room! Having a breakfast there with a music from 20s and 30s I had a feeling being in a Brussels 80-90 years ago!

Room air conditioner a bit noisy for nighttime. In big terms nothing much to worrie about.

Good location, not really expensive. Easy to travel by metro. Quiet atmosphere.

Not very much , although the rooms were very warm and we needed the air conditioning but apart from that everything was goid

We liked the hotel staff were very friendly lift was very small but at least they had one breakfast was very good with quite a lot of choice and the staff were friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Air conditioning not so effective. Small lift only for 2-3 persons without luggage.

Walking distance to city center. Parking was easy and safe. Good breakfast and friendly staff.

Vending machines were a rip off and the elevator was annoying that it stopped on the 2nd floor every time.

Late checkout, friendly staff, luggage holding service. Location was so-so (a little far from everything), but overall, good experience.

There were few stairs in the entrance and on the way to the elevator.

The spot was walking distance from my meeting. Also the surround area was nice. The breakfast was ok.

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

the extra bed was broken. we had to work around the slabs that were missing so our daughter wouldn't fall through.

we enjoyed the location. It was within walking distance of great shopping and food.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

nothing special .

really nice staff and very friendly people. The breakfast was very good and made even on personal request. I feel so sorry i have booked for my next trip hotel Brussels where the breakfast was very bad and as well as the dishes was dirty and food terrible. No coffee at all or very bad coffee indeed...Hotel Brussels is indeed not to be used by us next trip. But Argus hotel - always!

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Needs refreshing, small hole in ceiling, no power sockets at desk/table

Clean, Nice size room, tea & coffee in the room, friendly staff, good wifi

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

The room size is very small, the WS was micro size and it felt like very old hotel. The blanket was too small for two and pillows are a disaster. We were only one night so did not suffer much.

The staff showed hospitality, breakfast was ok, could be more rich

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Pillows are so small. No safety deposit box to keep valuables.. lift got broken and no service lift. My husband carried our big bag using the stairs 5 floors!!!

Staff are all friendly accommodating and very helpful. Room is a bit small but its alright. Free breakfast.. good value for money

I dont like the pillow, it was so thin. Be careful with the shower because it could easily flood the floor.

I specially liked the bed. It was so comfortable, and the room is also spacious. The Filipino staff in the breakfast room is also nice. I loved the hot choco.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Was on the fifth floor and the lift was tiny. One person and a case only. Used the house iron to press shirts. Returned it quickly as it had bare wires showing.

Very clear and easy reach of shops and cinema. Apple and Marks & Spencer just round the corner.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

The cold water pressure was very low. I could not properly close one window. The wifi was open (no password was needed), which is not ideal in terms of privacy and safety.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

If you travel with big luggage you will have problems due to the small elevator. The personal room that I had was small, but overall was Ok for me for 2 nights.

Hotel staff was very helpful, on reception and during breakfast when they asked if I wanted coffee. Location is good, near Louise station and walking distance to Grand Place.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Room was smaller for the price we paid. A bit congested. Not ideal for a stay of longer than 2 nights.

Breakfast was good. Loved the coffee and fresh croissants. Location was fine.

Very few towels and one day they took the old ones and didn't replace with new ones

The breakfast was excellent based on both quality and quantity. Good check in and check out times

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

The location was close to Eglise du Sablon, however some of the streets didn't seem so safe at night.

The hotel was nice, quiet and clean. Breakfast was very good and bed was extremly confortable. Best hotel bed ever! The staff was nice and provided extra blanket, even if there was no need anymore. Tea for free and kettle. Subway was very close and shop and go at the subway. The hotel is close to a shopping avenue.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

The hotel is divide over three buildings with in the back a double elevator so it gets complicted with large or heavy luggage. Light for shaving is not all too good, but the rest of the bath room is sufficient.

This is a good hotel that offers all you need for a business stay. The table in the room is a bit small but you have a coffeemaker, fridge and not all too big tv set. Breakfast is not all too abundant but good. Wifi is okay.

Better indicate where lift can be found.

A nice surprise for a breakfast: I could order tea and coffee (usually one could select or tea, or coffee). Served meals allow for the choice of what is wanted.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Kind of overpriced for what they offer. For example, my room had a electric kettle but no real close electrical plug. Had to boil the water in the bathroom because it was the most practical place.

Nice breakfast and the staff was always really helpful, although some of them nicer than others. Nice place in the city and easy to access.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Elevator was tiny. It should be for 3 people, but one person with a suitcase is just right. Also it works rather strange (always stopped on another floor than was required) - but I take it with humor. The room was quite small - but suitable for one person.

The hotel is quite small, but clean. The room was renovated. Excellent bed. Despite the fact that I had a room near the elevator, I slept well (quiet hotel). Breakfast was also good (hot, cold buffet, fruit, coisstant). Friendly staff. Also early check-in was not problem.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Bed a bit too small and too soft Wifi was not working in our room

Friendly staff, good location, quiet and clean room, 24h front desk, parking next to hotel (10€ for 24h)

The hotel needs severe renovation as quite outdated. Our room was big enough to accommodate a crib but the double bed was really small and the furniture minimal and poor-quality. Overall, I wouldn't rate this as a 3-star hotel.

The hotel is located next to a shopping area, 15 minutes on foot from the Royal Palace. Leaving your car parked in a modern and public underground facility nearby costs less than 15 Euros a day.

Nice and cozy place, near train station, friendly and helpful staff, recommend for anyone to stay here when coming to Brussels.

cheap for the very good service it provides. city centre but very quiet.

The air conditioning was not working properly. The hair dryer was not working at all.

Dirty bedroom. Foul smelling especially at the bathroom. Mould and dirt at the bathtub. Not welcoming staff.

Good breakfast.

The room was a little bit old

The breakfast

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Clean, quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was good. Very good location.

Room was quite small.

The staff were friendly the best location in the city centre.

Good location, friendly staff.

We didn’t have hot water

the bathroom, and the possibility to hook up to power outlet

Browse Argus Hotel Brussels traveller photo gallery