Reviews of Hôtel balladins Charleroi / Aéroport 3 stars

Charleroi Airport, Rue Santos Dumont, 39, Gosselies, 6041 Charleroi, Belgium

#7 of 19 hotels in Charleroi

The room was nice, breakfast delicious and the shuttle was...

The AC was not working. But being honest, I did not inform the staff. However, the thing I hated the most was not related with the B&B itself, but with the taxi drivers to reach the hotel from Charleroi airport. As a foreigner living in Belgium I hate to say this: do not take a taxi with a non-local driver!!! They have a mafia there and it could be dangerous to start an argument with them.

The room was nice, breakfast delicious and the shuttle was on time.

We didn't try the breakfast, but for the rest,...

The only negative point is that the shower head was broken.

We didn't try the breakfast, but for the rest, everything was perfect! We arrived pretty late but were warmly welcomed. The parking is closed and free, and the bedroom was big, really clean and comfortable.

Good for one night

I booked two rooms but only one was available we had to wait to see if we can get another one and at the end we did. The Hotel is in the middle of no where. Safe parking at no charge, a plus, restaurant very average but ok, beds are small.

It was good value and clean.

The location is misleading. I thought it would be a short walk or inexpensive taxi ride from the airport; but the taxis at the airport charge Euro 15 for a 5 min ride!!

It was good value and clean. Hotel shuttle saves money.

Friendly staff and good food

Clean lovely room, very tastefull food. The night receptionist realy kind and friendly. The only minus was the waitress. We waited too long to order and can't say we were welcome ... All good when food came because was very good.

Mixed experience

Staff in the restaurant and at breakfast very unhelpful and unfriendly.

Staff at reception helpful and friendly. Secure parking very good. Strong wifi.

You can walk from the airport if you exit trough the parking...

The food could be better. We ordered a fetuccine that had no taste and the breakfast is too expensive for what it has to offer.

You can walk from the airport if you exit trough the parking gate. The WIFI was good and the place was clean. Nice choice if you need to travel from Charleroi Airport.

Very good location

It's unbelievable that the hotel it's only 7 mins walk from the airport but they actually force us to pay in total 12 EUR (for 2 persons) to go to the hotel and back to the airport. The management of the hotel, should really do something in order to let the guests walk from the airport to the hotel and not forcing them get a taxi. Also, the bed linen and bed sheets stink awfully, which makes it impossible to sleep with this smell. Lastly, the staff was rude.

Very good location

Handy for the airport.

I paid €30 for a taxi from the railway station in Charleroi to the hotel. When I checked in I was told that the restaurant was closed that night. The receptionist said I could take a taxi to the restaurants in the city (€60 for the round trip) or order a takeaway on the internet. I understand that restaurants need to be closed some of the time but a short SMS or email to warn me in advance would have been appreciated and would have enabled me to adjust my plans.

The hotel room was clean and comfortable and adequate.

The hotel is advertised as being closed to the airport,...

The hotel is advertised as being closed to the airport, which is partly correct. They did not specify that in order to get to/from the airport you would need to either use their paid transfer, either walk for a few good km.

proximity to airport, good quality of bed
    • Quadruple Room

you can leave the car at the hotel but you pay the same amount for 2 nights as for 3 weeks so not recommended for short stay; you need to use the shuttle bus to get to the airport even though we chose the hotel for its proximity to the airport; shuttle bus only every half hour

proximity to airport, good quality of bed

Good place to spend one night between flights or to travel to Brussels after late flight arrival.
    • Quadruple Room

The taxi service, that replaced the transfer, was terrible. Nobody wanted to picked us up from the airport for the price of 8 euros, mentioned by the hotel. The price to reach the hotel was 15 Euros. Bear in mind this.

Friendly staff, Nice facilities.

I really enjoyed my stay.
    • Quadruple Room

Nothing. However maybe the price of the family room was a bit too much.

Everything was fabulous. The receptionist who was a guy was very friendly. I will book the same when next I am on holiday. The room was very clean and did like the lay out especially the kids having their own space.

very good condition
    • Quadruple Room

Charged 4Euro each for transfer to airport. Flibus teakes 4euro from brussels to airport and this is very near to hotel and till charged 16 euro.

very good condition

Close to the airport, convenient for a nights stay.

Staff were rude, didn’t explain charges. We had an issue with the cab service, as the people at the hotel couldn’t tell us where to find the cab. We had to walk around asking drivers until we found one. It also cost 4 euros for what is a 20 minute walk. It’s been to just walk.

Close to the airport, convenient for a nights stay.

Perfect place for early flights.

The restaurant was closed in the evening because of some technical problems. But we got drinks and nuts.

The room was absolutely clean and quiet. The staff was very polite. Good service with the shuttle bus to the airport.

The rooms were adequate, the staff excellent !!
    • Quadruple Room

Bed was skinny, but comfortable.

The Staff were amazing as we turned up late having had our flight from Charleroi cancelled. They dealt with an influx of people admirably

we didn´t have breakfast

we didn´t have breakfast the room was small but nice, functional and clean. The bed was good. The hotel is close to the airport and offers a cheap shuttle by taxi, 9 € go and return. It offers parking for 30€ a week The people were friendly and helpful.

Near the airport, but not reachable on foot!

The restaurant!

Near the airport, but not reachable on foot! 800 mt is the distance between hotel and airport fences, but you actually have to walk for 4/5 km.

Fair hotel 4km drive from the airport entrance

its 4 km drive or walk from the airport entrance, taxi is 10 euros approx. airport is close but not walking distance to the hotel. always check the taxi price in advance otherwise you pay double, what they share with the hotel.

breakfast was nice

Great helpful staff

The staff at the Balladins were super supportive and helpful, I made a mistake in my reservation and they immediately found a solution. A big thank you!

My experience with this hotel was quite disappointing!

My experience with this hotel was quite disappointing! The hotel is located “800m” away from the airport, but in fact it’s impossible to reach it walking, because it’s much farther away from the actual entrance of the airport. The long distance means usage of taxi, or hotel transfer which is quite expensive. It’s hard to find, even using google maps. The staff was not friendly at all. I had a problem with the room that I had booked, which they didn’t help me solve, in fact they were impolite and arrogant. I don’t recommend this hotel at all.

Recommend it

Very close to the airport, there is a shuttle every 30 minutes. The bed is very comfortable. Clean. It is quite basic but there is all you need for a night at the airport. Breakfast is from 4 a.m. on but I never tried it because it is too early for me. The first time I stayed there I liked the hotel so much that I always spend the night before/after the flight whenever I fly from/to Charleroi.

Good value for money for overnight stays

It is definitely not possible to walk from the airport to the hotel, due to the configuration of the airport (no possibility to exit without a vehicule). Wifi was not working in the room (probably distance from working router).

Good value for money and good location, close from airport. Staff was welcoming, rooms are rather clean and quiet. A restaurant is in the hotel, which is convenient given the location (no other options around). Good selection of food and drinks given the price.

clean and quiet room, good restaurant.

the bed was uncomfortable.

clean and quiet room, good restaurant. Close to the airport but you need a taxi. 2 euros from the airport to the hotel, 4 euros from the hotel to the airport (different routes). Pick up a taxi behind the entrance of terminal 1 (white tent), if there is no taxi call the hotel and wait there.

Useful location, but always double check the bill

In my bill an extra cost of 8€ for drinks has been charged, though I had not had any drink! Unfortunately I was shown the detailed receipt only after having paid by credit card, and when I complained for the undue extra, the concierge answered that he could not make corrections, and that I would be eventually refunded when I would visit the structure the next time, without however giving me any piece of evidence of my complaint. Clerical errors happens, and I would not make a big fuss, but the inability of the Hotel staff to correct the error surprised me quite. I would advise to always read the bill carefully before paying. Since when leaving early in the morning there may be some rush, it may be better to pay the bill the evening before.

The taxi service was efficient and inexpensive. The room was clean and quiet.

Great breakfast from 4am, comfy bed, strong wifi.

It would be nice to have at least a curtain around the shower to avoid flooding the entire bathroom. I was not happy having to sleep in the room next to the reception/bar area because of the different noises diffusing in the room (nr.123) for ex. telephone ringing, chatting voices, vending machines, etc.

Bed and pillow were really comfy, breakfast had a great variety of cold and warm dishes.

Good experience but a little expansive

It had no toilet paper and no water when we first arrived.

Super friendly staff, clean rooms and not far from the airport. Make sure you call the hotel for reserving a taxi to avoid being overcharged.

Basic, but clean. Helpful, friendly staff.

Breakfast and tiny single beds.

We chose this hotel because our flight arrived late and we needed a bed for the night before travelling to Bruges. It's very basic but very clean. The single beds are really small and narrow and there is only one small pillow per bed. The shower and toilet are separate which is brilliant and the shower cubicle is big. The staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very poor. I think to get a decent breakfast you need to get there early as by the time we got there, there were some sad remains of eggs, cold meats etc and not much else apart from some pastries. Definitely not worth the money but we needed to eat. The toughest part was finding where to meet the taxi that you can call and organise to collect you from the airport. Despite the earnest attempts of the receptionist to explain in their best English, we walked back and forth until realising where they meant. FYI: As you come out of the security tent thing from the terminal, turn left and walk all the way around, through the cement bollards until you reach a bus stop area. That's the collection point. Taxi costs £8 which is steep for a few minute drive but you can't walk it. Basic hotel with friendly staff. Rooms a bit pricy for what you get.

The best thing about this hotel is that it is close to the...

There was some confusion about the pick-up point for the shuttle at the airport, if the hotel can provide location information of the pick-up point at the time of booking, that would be great.

The best thing about this hotel is that it is close to the Charleroi Airport and hence provides a comfortable experience if you have to catch an early morning flight (like we did) or have a long layover...

It was a very negative experience.

The shuttle they claim will pick you up is not clear at all, the staff was rude and the bed fell completely apart in the middle of the night. We wanted a double bed but got two singles placed together.

They offered Taxi, but it is not necessary.

They offered Taxi, but it is not necessary. Because there is no way to walk to the airpost. It is not true.The airport is 800 Meters far. And the taxi stops half way to the departure hall.

Great spot for one night for our family with small children
    • Quadruple Room

We had a little trouble eating gluten free and dairy free, but the kitchen helped with that. My one not "excellent" mark was because the Wifi didn't reach to our room very well. I suspect because we were next too/behind the stairwell.

We were driving across Belgium and needed a place to stay on our route. Since we have 3 children, we need a large room and often can't find one for a decent price, especially a same-day reservation. We were very pleased with this hotel. The kids' area had a door so we could shut it which was handy when some of us woke earlier than others in the morning. I was concerned about the noise from the planes, but we didn't hear any at all. The front desk staff spoke fantastic English and popped in to the restaurant to help us with some special requests in the kitchen. We were glad to have a gated lot to park in and my husband loved not having to drive to dinner. The prices were comparable to the restaurants we've found in Europe. It's not a cheap eats sort of place, but the food was fine.

A very simple room but good for the purpose.

The way to the hotel and back is not so easy when its cold.

A very simple room but good for the purpose. Just to spend one night between flights was ok. Also the breakfast was good.

Its ok - but not great

The place is a bit run down - and far from the airport. Also they charge for EVERYTHING. So though the rooms are low cost, by the time you have paid for the shuttle, the city tax and been charged €1.50 for a cup of iffy coffee from the machine (normally free), you might as well stay somewhere better.

Its decently close to the airport. And decently comfortable.

I enjoyed the fact that the hotel is close to the airport...

I did not lile the attitude of the stuff serving at the restaurant and the fact that it is hard to get there and from there if you don’t take the taxi offered by the hotel. The taxi should be included in the price as you can’t really do without.

I enjoyed the fact that the hotel is close to the airport and it is clean.

Ganz miserables Preis-Leistungsverhältnis

Cold temperatured room, although temperatures outside were under zero degree, very hard bed, bathroom like a prison builded with plastic....

Nothing....

Location at airport is the only good thing

I was charged twice for a taxi service no matter that I explicitely explained twice about being already charged by the driver. Still haven't been refunded. Broken toilet and constant noisy and annoying water dropping during the night.

Good for overnight stay at the airport

Although it was close to the airport, it was soooooo quiet...

The wifi could have been better, and the taxi/shuttle a bit more explained in details and I could imagine a little more friendliness from the drivers (it wasn't bad, but wasn't very friendly).

Although it was close to the airport, it was soooooo quiet that I could sleep through the night comfortably and woke up to my alarm.

Hightly recommend- it was amazing!

I don't have complaints, it was everything I expected and more.

It was an amazing stay, close to the airport, lean, amazing staff, shuttle to the airport, good bed, decent sized rooms and silence. They offer taxi service to pick you up from the airport or train station at a cost - they let you know before hand- and a shuttle to the airport, which is amazing. And again, amazing staff :)

When we arrived the girl at the reception was very nice and...

When we arrived the girl at the reception was very nice and helpful. But the guy working in the morning was not nice at all. The guy servicing at the restaurant was horrible. It would be better for the hotel replace him. They sent only one small taxi (and not on time) for 5 person capacity when 10 persons had booked it.

Perfect hotel for catching an early flight in the morning

Brussels-South Airport might appear to be close, but one still has to take a taxi/shuttle bus to get there. Although the fare for the shuttle service is acceptable, you still need to allow for some time to get from the hotel to the airport.

This is a decent hotel for catching an early flight in the morning. The hotel is designed just for this purpose. I stayed here twice now and both times had an enjoyable experience. The rooms are tidy and spacious enough for a one night stay. The shower is very spacious which I liked.

Good food

Not exactly cheap. Not really close to the airport: actually exactly in front of it but from the wrong side... You need a shuttle. Anyway the management organizes it for you (starting from 5 AM).

Good breakfast and good dinner (at a good price). Breakfast from 4 AM ! Nice staff

Not a lot

Shower very slippy the taxi shuttle beware I paid the shuttle from airport then got billed for it when I left very unclear where Puck up was

Not a lot

Very close to airport, but only with a taxi or car.

Not a pot for warm water in the room

Very close to airport, but only with a taxi or car. For sure not walking distance and much complicated to get out the airport area. Very kind staff, nice room, clean and comfortable

Basic, functional with incredible staff and an amazing restaurant serving excellent food.

Looks basic from the outside and the rooms are functional so my expectations were lowered. But don’t be fooled - that staff were brilliant and very helpful, the bar was stocked well enough to suit the needs of my 3 colleagues and I and then we tried the restaurant!!! The quality and portion sizes were amazing and some of the highest quality that I have had the pleasure to consume (a view shared by my colleagues too) I had the Flemish Stew which is one of my favourites and this version was incredible. Add to that the proximity to the airport (8 minutes in a MPV) and I will most certainly be booking this hotel again when travelling.

Was exactly what we needed. Thank you.

Food available to order, late at night, or after we missed breakfast.

Clean simple room. No disturbance. Staff at reception, both at check in & out, we're exceptionally helpful.

Balladins does not have the convenience of being in walking distance of the airport due to security

The airport shuttle which is advertised at 5 Euros is actually 17 Euros per person, even though the 5euro price is advertised everywhere. They actually laugh at you when you ask about it and say it only applies if you book online several months ahead. So you are stuck at Gare du Midi and have to get on this bus and have a long ride to the outskirts to get to the airport- but hey! Then you still need to get to the hotel Balladins- and that is quite another story- you then need another shuttle or taxi to the hotel. This can involve a long walk if you don't know where you are going, and then a wait. Next time I would try Uber especially if it is more than one person. At least you would get straight to the hotel and not to the airport nearby.

Friendly receptionist; comfortable bed and everything was clean.

You can reach the hotel by walking from the airport.

You can reach the hotel by walking from the airport. 10 min tops. BUT you should walk through the gates. Witch is intended for buses and taxi only (not people). Although it was not hard. You should just wait for the next bus to go out with. The gates will be easy to find if you'll ask where the taxi to Hôtel balladins stops. It's at the farest left corner of the airport. To walk from the hotel to the airport is also easy, but it's against the ruls, so it's up to you. Taxi to the hotel - 2euro per person. Back - 4 euro per person.

I would not reccomend to stay at this hotel

The service was poor, especially in the restaurant. The waiter smelled so much of sweat that I wasn't able to finish my meal. He forgot to bring my drink and when reminded, seemd not to care.

The location is convenient

Need to get taxi to and from hotel.

Waiting for taxi and no clear signs for taxi pickup location.

Need to get taxi to and from hotel. Cost round trip £10 Euro. Not clear at first where to get taxi had to phone hotel.

Essentiality and comfort

The dinner was not so good and a bit expensive. The transport for the airport is almost mandatory if you do not have a car and it cost 4 euro for a 2 min trip they should include it in the prize.

The hotel is clean, quite and comfortable if offers products for the shower. Perfect if you have to catch a flight in the early morning. Transport for the airport (book it in advance)

Too expensive!

Even the hotel is pretty close to the airport there is no way to go by foot, you have to pay an extra for the airport shuttle, this should be more clear in the add!

Nothing special, value too high!

ideal stay for an early flight

after a short trip to Bruges we were flying back from Charleroi at 7am so we decided to book a night here for convenience. The hotel itself was good value for what we were after but getting from the airport to the hotel wasn't great - the taxi drivers at the airport didn't want to take us (I'm assuming because it was too short a trip) but this was at the end of what had been a long day so we had to walk from the airport down a fairly poorly lit road - that's the only thing I'd say you need to consider. The hotel itself was what we were looking for!

+The hotel is very close to the airport- around few hundred...

-The organization at the airport. It is the closest hotel to the airport but you have no information how to get there. Few employees at the airport gave me wrong direction to the hotel. -You can ONLY take a taxi to the hotel. Taxi driver was very helpful although he gave me wrong advice. He sent me to the hotel by walk because it was so close (even though I told him that in the reservation was information that I CANT go by walk there). Then he sent me to other taxi which should be FREE. But it was not. It cost at least 4 euros. -The receptionist in the morning called me taxi to get me back to the airport. She told me that I can take a bus if I want to go also somewhere else. I paid for this information (and the service (calling taxi)) 2 euros even I didn´t ask for that :D

+The hotel is very close to the airport- around few hundred metres. +No noise to hear from the airport during the night (only in the morning you feel little bit of shaking)

Shocking !!

We had bugs in our beds !!! Totally disgusting I have pictures of them the hotel gave us a complementary breakfast but should have refunded entire stay would definitely never return they closed the room 208 off immediately to deep clean it

The staff were very helpful

disepointing.
    • Quadruple Room

- even is near airport it is impossible to walk. - transfer is dedicated to one single taxi company and is charging more that usual companies - Airport Charleroi it si not a solution to visit Bruxelles. In order to conserve your budget , it is better to fly on main Buxelles airport and find accommodation with transfer.

Basically nothing.

PERFECT hotel if you are flying out of Charleroi early in...

PERFECT hotel if you are flying out of Charleroi early in the morning. We were in Brussels for the weekend and dreaded getting up at 4 for a 7 AM flight so we booked a room here. We took the city shuttle from the Midi metro station stop to Charleroi and then called the hotel when we arrived at the airport asking for a ride. By the time we walked to the taxi station (there are two taxi stands at opposite ends of the parking lot, the one to the LEFT as you exit the airport is the one with taxis to the hotel), the taxi was waiting for us (regular taxi holding a sign saying Balladins Hotel) - EASY! We ate at the restaurant (seriously overpriced, but exceptionally convenient) and everyone there was on the shuttle in the morning. Shuttles were ready to go and fit everyone easily for the 5 minute ride in the morning. The rooms are functional, utilitarian, clean, warm, very basic, which was all we needed for this trip.

Very pleased with hotel

The bed was hard and the pillows very small, but we were extremely happy with everything else

The staff were helpful. Travelled with baby and the cot was already in our room - and was a really good travel cot

It was a pleasant experience

They could serve a real espresso in the morning. If you choose not to have breakfast in the restaurant you have to use the coffee machine.

The room was allright, clean and the bed confortable, very nice dinner - for a good price you will have a nice menu. Good connexion between the hotel and airport with taxi - pay around 4-6,-eur. Employees open-minded, ready to help.

Super helpful, super convenient, long-term parking is very helpful for short trips.
    • Special Offer - Double Room with Parking and One-Way Airport Transfer

We only stayed for a night so we lucked out with a large room. The staff is super nice and very helpful. We will definitely come back when flying from Charleroi.

near the airport clean and not noisy

the pick up service is not weel organized and the shuttle bus to the airport should be included in the price since is just 3 min. form the airport.

near the airport clean and not noisy

Good locations for a sleepover before an early flight

They could offer free shuttle to the airport instead of having people pay 5 euros for 800m.

Very close to the airport. I got there at night and was supposed to leave in the morning. Bed was comfy. Staff was not the most welcoming honestly.

Good option for early flights

Although the hotel is only about 800m from the terminal, there is an airport fence in between that prevents you from walking between the two. On my way to the hotel I got around this as there is a taxi gate there, so I waited for a taxi to open the gate and walked out, but on the way back I need a shuttle. The 3km drive on the shuttle took as long as I did while walking and cost 4 Euros. No big deal, and not much the hotel can do about it, but it took me by surprise that even when the hotel is so near, a shuttle is still required.

Friendly staff. Rooms perfectly ok to spend the night before an early flight.

Easy and comfy

I chose the hotel since I had a very early flight from the airport in the morning. The location (close to the airport, in the middle of nowhere) is a little dim, but of course I expected it. The staff was helpful and the shuttle for the airport in the early morning was perfectly on time and quick. The room was big and nice, as was the bathroom (big and new). The mattress was extremely good. It was a little to warm and dry when I arrived, but the temperature was easily unable and in 30 minutes everything was perfect. Overall rating: excellent.

Nice, quiet and clean place to overnight.

The prices in the restaurant were expensive, That's why we didn't eat there

The staff were VERY friendly and the rooms were clean and comfortable.

Easy to find, gated parking and a nice restaurant onsite.

The waiter in the restaurant seemed more interested in the television than the diners. Shower too small (but I'm a big beast)

Easy to find, gated parking and a nice restaurant onsite. The room was good, bed comfy, BBC1 & 2 available!

Nice hotel not too far from Charleroi Airport.

Nice hotel not too far from Charleroi Airport. You need to take a shuttle which costs 4 euros (independently from the number of passengers) and that must be booked, in order to get there from the airport. Good quality/price ratio. Very nice breakfast.

It's very close to the airport

The rooms are budget style. It felt like the room needed a paint job. The shuttle is not free and cost 4 EUR, eventho you might be more people in the car, they don't divide the costs.

It's very close to the airport

Fast & Easy, great staff.

I stayed 2 nights but not consecutive, the first night was ok but every few minutes you would hear this loud .. I guess water pipe, the 2nd room was fine though. For the price of the hotel though it's not really an issue

Easy to arrange transport, and helpful staff with great English, You don't hear the airport much so that's perfect also, you can walk from the airport to the hotel but it's quite a long walk around - maybe 1.5 miles, you can also cut through the car park if you keep walking past where the taxi's are, but you can't walk back that way, but the staff make it very easy to arrange inexpensive transport to the airport at a time of your choosing

very convenient for arrival or going out from airport

ventilation is not good at all, I was in my room smelling how somebody was smoking weed ... I dont smoke!!! I bit too noisy, you can listen very loud how people was opening and closing doors...

very convenient for arrival or going out from airport

Very basic

Food poor, overpriced, little choice for snacks except watery soup. Felt quite trapped as restricted to their restaurant for any supplies. Bedding very basic to say the least, foam slab mattress. No soundproofing. Had to call from airport for collection - taxi they sent was €4 each way for 2 min journey but you can't walk. So add €8 onto night rate. Would be ok for late arrival worth around €50 for clean bed and a shower, I paid twice that plus dinner and transfers which felt really bad value.

Close to airport, clean.

We stayed for 1 night due a very early flight.
    • Quadruple Room

We stayed for 1 night due a very early flight. The hotel is well situated next to Charleroi airport. The hotel is offering a long term parking and shuttle to the terminal at an affordable cost.

A transit motel...

The general apperance of the hotel, the lobby and reception are very unattractive; The smell of the sheets, the mattress and the pillows are uncomfortable; The bathroom floor was unglued and the pvc flooring gave us unpleasant sensations...

Nothing... Is a transit hotel, I didn't pay enough attention durring the booking process :) ...and the pictures on site didn't tell you the real image. The only advantage is the proximity to the Charleroi Aeroport.

Excellent place for people who need catch up red eye flight.

Excellent place for people who need catch up red eye flight. It is few minutes walk from airport but staff can arrange cheap taxi transfer (around 4 EUR). Nice restaurant and friendly and helpful staff

Browse Hôtel balladins Charleroi / Aéroport traveller photo gallery