Reviews of Hotel Banks

Steenhouwersvest 55, Antwerp District, 2000 Antwerp, Belgium

#33 of 65 hotels in Antwerp

Contemporary hotel in heart of Antwerp.

I requested the welcoming reception staff, upon arrival in the early morning, to please phone or text me if an early check in was possible. I was abruptly told “I can’t keep checking on the computer all day to see if a room becomes available”. A polite “I will phone if it is possible” would have been the correct response.

Contemporary hotel in heart of Antwerp. Complementary evening drinks and aperitifs were a very welcome addition. Hotel was perfect except for my welcoming receptionist. See below.

Comfortable bed and good location, but room oppressingly dark.

The room was tiny, the shower and toilet were housed in a transparent glass cubicle right next to the bed (thank goodness I was alone), the decor was very dark (grey concrete floors and ceiling and black walls without a single painting to brighten it up), and no mini fridge in the room. It is also worth mentioning there is no room service. Also the walls in the lift and halls were quite scratched/scuffed.

The bed was comfortable, the staff was friendly, and the location was excellent.

Airport lost my bag and whole time the hotel staff was...

There is no fridge in room. That is only thing un satisfy but rest of thing was strongly satisfy!

Airport lost my bag and whole time the hotel staff was really helpful. Many thanks! There was so many nice resturant and beautiful small shop to look around. Highly recommanded!

A relaxing weekend in a beautiful and lively city.

Nitpicking here, but I didn’t like the lighting in the washbasin area.

Chosen mainly for its location, the hotel was as good as I had hoped, and reasonable value for money (in Antwerp on a holiday weekend).

Antwerp was a great city to explore and the Banks hotel was well located

Room was small and no ventilation meant the room got quite hot especially when sleeping.

Great location. Staff very efficient. Free snacks and drink in the afternoon were great

Location is great!

Staff wasn’t professional (and very young) Poor breakfast there is a bio bakery on the other side of the hotel. Same prices but fresh bread, vegan products and fruits.

Location is great!

Much better than I expected and would return.

A noisy neighbour spoiled my sleep one night. Chair legs were easy to trip over. Missed a friendly face in reception but when staff called for they were very helpful.

Good sized room and quiet corridors. Fabulous breakfast. Lovely lighting Loved he kettle in the room for a cup of tea.

Hotel Banks is really well situated in a very nice area of...
    • Small Double Room

We booked the small room, which was indeed quite small. The space it had was efficiently used but we didn’t like that the toilet was directly next to the bed (and had a glass sliding door). Next time we would book a larger room.

Hotel Banks is really well situated in a very nice area of Antwerp. The hotel is nicely decorated and staff is friendly. We really liked the breakfast and the (free) drinks and bites in the afternoon.

Excellent location, attractive dining area, but very small bedroom.

Unfortunately our bedroom was much smaller than we expected...we booked a superior double room and we were assured that we had a superior room (110). There was very little room for two people and the only place to put things was on some narrow shelves attached to a small wardrobe. We did feel very cramped. I had expected a walk-in shower according to the info on booking.com but we had a bath which I found difficult to get in and out of. The breakfast is plated up and there is no choice of what is provided. Consequently we did not manage to eat all of the food and this is a waste. A simple buffet would be better.

Banks is very well situated in the heart of Antwerp. It is possible to walk out and walk everywhere to see the places of interest, explore the old town and find excellent restaurants. The offer of coffee/tea all day is generous as is the 'happy hour' (3 hours!) during which wine and other drinks are available, along with very nice nibbles! This is a great touch and makes guests feel very welcome. The hotel is modern and a safe parking lot is nearby. Our bed was very comfortable.

Excellent location for short break

Not the biggest problem, but the WiFi was very flaky and didn’t seem to work at all between 10pm and 8am. If you’ll be relying on it, perhaps something to consider.

It’s in a great location, walking distance from most things you’d want to see on a short break. Very comfortable.

The location was fantastic

We booked a room with 2 separate beds. Arriving for checkin the receptionist told us they don't have any rooms with 2 separate beds. When we insisted and waited in the lobby for 15 min, she convinced us to pay more for a suit with 2 beds. But the room was not a suit only a little bigger and 2 small beds. We payed almost 40% more for what was initially sold to us. Very bad experience.

The location was fantastic

I had a single room that I knew it was small in description...
    • Small Single Room

I had a single room that I knew it was small in description but no picture. It was like sleeping in a box, very basic accommodation. I can understand that it is cheaper but it was overpriced even if the location is great.

We really enjoyed the location, spacious room and cozy drinks at the fireplace.

The shower set-up is a bit odd - right by the toilet leaving the floor around the toilet quite wet too. Wi-fi was a bit weak.

The location is brilliant. Staff very helpful. Free drinks and snacks by the fire place very cozy. Rooms nice and spacious.

Clean, well located.

Key cards stopped working all the time so had to have then reset every day. (Even though we kept them away from our phones)

Clean, well located. Quiet rooms (with windows closed); wine and snacks in evening were a great addition; lovely staff

Great hotel

Breakfast bit over priced. Glass bathroom - no privacy...

Location fabulous, very central. Nice clean room. Free drinks and tapas fantastic idea! Relaxed atmosphere. Will definitely book again.

OK for one night.

The bathroom smelt damp and the rooms were either uncomfortably warm or too cold. There wasn't a good choice of breakfast in spite of the price.

Staff were extremely helpful and friendly but were under pressure as there weren't enough of them. Bed was comfortable and the seating around the fireplace was nice.

Good, will come back.

Breakfast is big in quantity but mixture of things. Perhaps a more tailored breakfast would make sense.

Great hotel with lovely atmosphere. Fireplace with extra large sitting where you can enjoy the free beverage and aperitifs. Rooms are clean, comfy with a large shower.

Location near heart of old town.

Late night check-in staff unfriendly, uninformed. Rooms tiny (4x4m standard dbl INCLUDES bathroom AND toilet, separated by glass walls). E.g. will not help you with garage.

Location near heart of old town. Walk everywhere. Really nice breakfast buffet+ served, friendly service.

There was no electricity in my room, no heating system working
    • Small Single Room

The electricity went out in the evening, and they said they couldn't fix it. So I was with no electricity and no heating system for the whole night. Very disappointing.

the location

Excellent hotel in a great location.

The breakfasts need variety (especially if you are staying for a few days) as getting the same breakfast day in and day out is not ideal. Also the vegetarian option is not great (a small bowl of nuts instead of meat). Apart from the breakfasts the hotel is fantastic.

Excellent value for money in a great location.

Superb location

The wet room/shower makes the toilet area extremely wet - however we did appreciate the size of the shower area.

I like the modern design of the rooms, and the hotel as a whole. We have always found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful.

burden, oppression
    • Small Double Room

Well, we arrived around 21.30h. MINUS 5, colder because Polar Airs these days. The Hotel was CLOSED. We have to call a number to talk with the receptionist and she came to the hotel after 12/15 minutes. Freezing. She said the Hotel close at 18h the reception, unbelievable!!. Our room didn't open with the card, we had to call her again. After 10' trying she decided to change the room. Waiting again. She was kind and friendly. THE ROOM: the room was the compact smaller room I never had. Imposible to find a place for our 2 trolleys. One big, one medium. Imposible imposible. No cupboard, ok, there was a hanger with only 3 hangers. Under, heater machine, teas, coffees, books ... but not space to leave a poor shirt. There was nothing at all of space. The toilet in front of the bed with a sliding glass door that did not close well, no privacy or isolation of odors, open above and below. The bathroom, maybe the largest but no space to leave the toilette bag, we had to leave the trolleys under the sink but remove them at the time of the shower and not be able to replenish until the entire floor dry. We agreed our disagreement in reception the next day and they told us that we chose that room, the compact one. Ok, well, it would be like that, there was no other, but a compact one should not imply being the smallest in the world and overwhelming. They should solve by putting some bookshelf on. The TV maybe the biggest of the room but it was so hard to see it because it looked like it was going to fall on the bed. We asked for room change but there was no availability. very bad. Very bad, wishing to leave the hotel.

The staff or employees were always very friendly and cleanliness was good

Small, uncomfortable room but great location.

Room was not good and I had a superior room. Very small, little room to keep your things. The single beds are only 80cm. Bad breakfast (1 slice of bacon 1 boiled egg 1 slice of melon and then alot of bread and some cheese and ham) Reception closes from evening and until morning.

Great location, good shower, nice staff.

Would stay again in this hotel when coming back to Antwerp.

The room was not clean (rug, bedside tables) when we arrived. After complaining everything was taken care off immediately.

Excellent location. A lot of attractions in walking distance and many restaurants around. Free drinks and bites are a really nice service. Very stylish hotel and nice staff.

I travel to Antwerp very often because of my work and I...

I travel to Antwerp very often because of my work and I always go there. People who work there started getting familiar with me and they always make my staying very pleasant. I also asked to change my room because I wanted a bathtub and they made it happen right the way. Very recommended.

rather modest room but great location and free drinks

very basic room (considering I paid for a superior room!), small, concrete (!) floors with a cheap little rug in front of a huge sofa, not even a small desk WiFi working intermittently and very slow, it at all

excellent location - very friendly staff - the happy hour is also a very charming idea and perhaps THE selling point

Perfect for a short trip to Antwerp

Would have liked two waters in the room, tea cups for the tea and another chair as we were two guests and only one was provided.

Very nice and cosy room. It was quite small but not too much of a bother for two days. Very clean and lovely bed linen and mattress.

I was lucky to find the hotel and found the rooms quite small for the money.

The room was a closet and the walk to reach a store was quite lengthy for a person of my age. I was quite fortunate to find parking on the street quite close to the hotel and did not have to use the hotel facilities.

The staff was very helpful and the breakfast was quite good.

Not overall thrilled will not stay at this place again.

There was no heat in the room, it was too small, no dressers, it felt cold, ceilings were cement and not painted, there was no carpet on floor Just an area rug, I was quite chilled the entire stay in fact I checked out 3 days early

Would stay there again.

Fixed breakfast (not buffet style)

Very nice gas fire in the bedroom, great street view from our room (112) with lots of big windows, cosy seating space downstairs, finger food and drinks provided for free at certain hours in the evening.

Design and style in Antwerp.

Was not possible to check in early.

Excellent position, garage walking distance. Industrial clean and minimalist design. Funny and unexpected the free drink and bites in the afternoon in the lounge area and the bottle of Cava in the room included in the rate. Super cool the Junior Suite with private fireplace.

For the money I paid I expected much, much better accommodations.

- NO REFUND FOR PREPAID BREAKFAST! €17 is a lot of money. I was told the reason why was because they had to prepare the meal... A couple slices of bread, wedge of cheese and a hard boiled egg constitutes "preparations"? Oh, the next person in line ordered a breakfast for same day, so the Banks hotel suffered no 'loss'. I CONTINUE TO DEMAND A FULL REFUND FOR THE BREAKFAST. - THE TWIN BEDS (Cots) in my room slid apart if you rolled over into the crack between them. Very annoying. - COST OF ROOM FAR EXCEEDED VALUE. VIEW FROM WINDOW WAS A BRICK WALL TWO METERS (6 ft) AWAY. ALSO, THE ROOM WAS LOCATED DIRECTLY OVER THE HOTEL'S BAR OUTDOOR SEATING AREA, ONE FLOOR BELOW. Very noisy! - NO COFFEE/TEA CUPS IN ROOM. Only cocktail glasses and water glasses. And no variety of teas offered, only two. - Not worthy of two stars, much less five.

Towels

Relaxing.
    • Executive Double Room

Nothing really. Wifi was a problem but they fixed it quickly and gave us a bottle of champagne for the inconvenience.

Really like the drinks and tapas in the afternoon.

If only friendly staff and a good location a good hotel made but alas, it does not

Toilet with poorly closing glass sliding door located at headheight right next to the bed, have fun looking at that first thing in the morning. Free drinks and snacks, Yay! No staff around to replace it or pour a beer, Boo! No sound insulation so enjoy hearing every alarm going off, every door close and every wheely bag being dragged down the hall!

Friendly staff, good location

expected more

The room was quite chilly, the heater worked bad. Had doubts about cleaning the the room.

The hotel has great location and free snacks bar in the evening. These are the only advantages of Banks hotel.

Could be better....

Had a few issues with electrics in the room. Lights flickering on and off. And the hotel iron needs to urgently replaced. The power cable is damaged.

Location is excellent. Friendly staff.

Central, nice atmosphere, cool looking room and hotel.
    • Small Double Room

We stayed in the small 12m2 room. The air flow was bad. There was a smal ventilation thing in the corner under the curtain, which we only found to be closed the next day. Maybe it's a bit better with it open. The shower leaked water. The toilet is next to the bed, so you wake up anyone when using.

Central, nice atmosphere, cool looking room and hotel. Friendly people.

location, garden, free drinks and snacks during day time,...

pay for parking in a public parking place.

location, garden, free drinks and snacks during day time, friendly staff, quite area, close to restaurants, bars and shops, clean room.

I was disappointed in the overall value for money for the Executive room I had.
    • Executive Double Room

I had to move from Standard room to the expensive Executive level (165 Euro per night, early August) to have airco and a bath. For Executive level, the room was small, poorly decorated, with cheap features like bath curtain, bathroom curtain instead of door. One person mirror above a two person sink! No mini-bar on the room. Paint peeling from the wall in the shower. One sink didn't drain. No power plug near the electric cattle. Noisy airco which didn't seem to respond to lower setting. Roof terrace closed. View from bathroom window on construction materials. No breakfast buffet, but a plate with a food selection served at the table (this is mentioned on the site though). On a low hotel occupation day, one staff member only present, having to run from kitchen to reception!

Location, staff friendliness, cleanliness

Comfy, arty hotel

Nothing - it was all good.

Stylish, plain white rooms with chiffon curtains dividing them, windows that opened so it was cool, fans provided as standard and comfy beds. Some rooms had baths, others showers, and all of them worked well and were easy to use. There was a free glass of cava as a welcome and the receptionists were really friendly, helpful and efficient - nice people who made us feel genuinely at home.

The hotel asked payment when we arrived at the hotel, so I...

The hotel asked payment when we arrived at the hotel, so I did. Now after more than 2,5 weeks the amount is still blocked as a reservation on my credit card. They assured me after 2 weeks that it would be unblocked, and no positive yet. Very bad service

A fabulous location.

I would have preferred a buffet style breakfast, to avoid wasting food.

The location of the hotel is fabulous. They serve free snacks and drinks in the lobby of the hotel in the late afternoons. I found the staff to be kind and helpful. The bed was very comfortable.

Comfortable boutique hotel is a great central location

Some rooms are dark, but staff usually try to put you in the nice room when the hotel is not full. Check-in time was late and there is a charge for a late checkout after 12.

Clean, friendly staff, great location, modern boutique-style, efficient check-in. Staff were happy to give me a room at 2pm even though check-in wasn't until 3. Also showed me a room with more light after the one available was a little dark. (corner room facing the garden)

Never again!

Hotel Banks cań t be really 4* hotel- no wardrobe, no save box, no space for cosmetics arround the sink( neither for teeth brus, nor for comb !). Good luck I had a view to the street. My frieds had room with black walls and with the view to outside wall of the house next Banks hotel. Really strange! Maybe more suitable like hostel.

highly recommended hotel in Antwerp

Not having a gym is a pity but not a real problem. The hotel's location in Antwerp is not really suitable for jogging, so a small gym would be a great bonus.

Very, very friendly staff in a nicely designed arty hotel, great lounge and breakfast space. Very postmodern rooms. I liked it very much. Having free drinks and snacks in the late afternoon is a great idea.

A great place to stay in Antwerp.
    • Executive Double Room with Sauna

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The welcome bottle of Champagne was a nice touch, as was the complementary late-afternoon beverage service in the lounge.

Good location, helpful staff, very clean rooms and nice afternoon drinks and snacks.

Very helpful staff. Breakfast is so nice. It is served on a plate, no buffet. And you can ask for more in case one plate isn't enough. Breakfast is served some what late in the weekends, but the hotel offered to make it earlier Sunday as we had a plane to catch. (7.50 instead of 8.30) also there is free drinks and snacks in the afternoon, which was so nice. I am not a fan of these semi open/with glass bathrooms but you get value for money in this hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

White collar jail cell in great location

Rooms are tiny. Bathroom only separated from rest of room by glass walls. No room to put anything. Cement ceilings and floor. Felt like high-class jail cell. We originally booked a standard room - which was dark and claustrophobic with no air conditioning. We "upgraded" to "suite", which was basically same sized room with small balcony (view was very nice). To our surprise, the air conditioning only works at a certain temperature. The nights were warm, but we could not use air. Had to leave doors open and were DEVOURED by mosquitos all night long. Obviously, the mosquitos were not the fault of the hotel, but telling us that there was AC when there wasn't, was their fault. In the end, we were refunded the price difference. Reception also closes at 6pm on Sundays and holidays (when we were there) - so we could not call down - which I now understand is the reason we were made to pay for room at beginning of stay. Had we known, we would have gone someplace else.

The location was good and the staff was helpful. Nice lobby

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Perfect location, great bed, friendly staff

- Staff reacted somewhat clumsy when things deviated from what was expected. - The room was different than what I was expecting. There isn't anything really superior about the Superior Rooms. It would have been just a standard room (or even an economy room) in many other hotels I have stayed in.

Perfect location, great bed, friendly staff

We paid for a superior double room, and it was tiny. The bathroom was so small that the basin was not in the bathroom, but in the bedroom. You can barely use the shower, it's so small. Very basic - not even a safe in the room. When I checked with reception that we'd been allocated a superior double, I was told that the room was correct, and that anyway they would never upgrade customers who'd booked through booking.com!

Great location, but noisy at night.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Trendy, modern hotel.

Elevator is slow, occasionally doesn't even work. Trendy lighting in lounge/breakfast area create an obstacle course, they look great but watch your head!

Trendy, modern hotel. Maybe a bit too trendy for my taste, but still very nice. Small, basic rooms. Staff are very friendly, great breakfast and afternoon happy hour is a bonus.

Nice hotel, but poor/ extremely minimalistic rooms

interior of the room and bathroom look so poor that it is hard to determine whether this should be minimalistic or that there was no money left to make it better

Lounge and interior downstairs are fantastic and look great. Personal is friendly.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Over-priced and glorified HOSTEL
    • Double Room - Upper Floor

The beds were cheap, springy, and uncomfortable. The bathroom lacked adequate privacy. One of the terrace doors had a broken handle and you couldn't open it. The walls were a bit marked-up and the floors had some spots on them. Don't be fooled by the modern furnishings and the glass of wine at check-in. This really isn't a hotel, as it lacks a reception service after 18:00. This should be listed as a HOSTEL, priced well under $100, and be given a 1.5 star rating.

The only good thing about the stay was the complementary glass of wine at check-in.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Perfect location and atmosphere for a short break in the heart of Antwerp.

The pillows are not in line with the quality of the room. There are duvet pillows from Ikea that cost about €5 and feel much better than the synthetic ones you have. Maybe an idea to give the customer the choiceof "pillow menu"?

Modern funcional design. Happy hour

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

The hotel seen better times..

Wifi in the room did not work even though the signal was visible (neither on my phone nor laptop), hotel telephone in the room did not work, so no way to reach reception, reception after 8 pm did not work either, so technically no one to reach either way to fix the problem. After 8 pm normal entrance to hotel is closed, you have to go through side door directly into elevator, so feels like a student flat rather than hotel. Even more expensive room is very small, outdated design, random fixes of pain on the walls, not comfortable overused mattress (besides being advertised as Auping), smell in the room, old furniture... Garbage was not taken out as part of daily cleaning. Reception staff are working in the kitchen during breakfast hours, so if you try to check in / out that time you actually need to run to the kitchen to look for someone. Breakfast is good (expensive for what you get though), but same every day - a fixed plate of few types of bread, one egg, and a bit of cereal, you are better off eating outside. Overall, was not a great experience and definitely not worth the price.

The location of the property is great, nice reception area (when its open)... Offer snacks and drinks in the afternoon.

Staff accommodating and polite.
    • Small Double Room

Staff accommodating and polite. Room comfortable and no noise disturbance at all. Situation excellent for visiting tourist spots. Breakfast very good. The selection of free nibbles and drinks on the evening were a very unusual touch and appreciated. Thank you for a lively stay in Antwerp

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Nice hotel for European city trip
    • Small Double Room

The sliding doors in the rooms have a tendency to stick or be very difficult to open, and the plain concrete ceiling in all the rooms is actually supposed to be a selling point - it feels a bit like sleeping in someone's garage. Beds could be a bit more comfortable - well worth for the management team here visiting an IBIS hotel to see their beds. Nice little selection of coffee/tea etc in rooms but why no cups? Also, my room had a small perfect hole in the floor just in front of the shower .... for no reason. Just seemed odd. I opted to have breakfast at the excellent "Le Pain Quotidien" opposite the hotel, excellent pain au chocolate, lovely staff. Just a warning that even with the windows closed the area can become a little noisy in the early hours of the morning with drinken revellers singing their way back to their hotels ... all in all I thought a bit expensive for two nights and especially when the hotel has two different prices for breakfast, depending on when you order. Nice area, although a lot of building work going on at the moment. One practice I'm not keen on - and I have come across this in Belgium before, is that you have not pre-paid when you book by credit-card. You pay properly by credit card when you arrive, and the hotel refunds your deposit "within 12 days" The downside of this is that if - like me - you take the hotel in one of the last weeks of the month, your credit card payment for the hotel is effectively "collected" twice, because the refund of the guarantee doesn't hit your card until much later in the next month. For the price I paid, I would also expect an armchair and a small fridge (the fridge can be booked but even an IBIS has this in its rooms ...), although there would not have been the space in my room!

This hotel is situated perfectly for the more chic parts of town and especially for a visit to the Plantin-Moretus museum - if you are interested in printing this is a must with a great exhibition and a beautiful courtyard garden. Lovely staff at the hotel.

Relaxed stay!
    • Double Room - Upper Floor

I booked a room on a higher floor so i expected a view but i stayed at the back side of the building and there was no view at all so why pay more for a high floor???

The hotel was small and very well done! Breakfast was perfect and healthy. The rooms very clean. In the afternoon free drinks and bites. Just a good vibe over all!!

Well situated central Antwerp boutique hotel that makes that extra effort

The ceilings are unpainted concrete. I think that's supposed to be trendy, but it doesn't work for us. It would be more pleasant if they were painted.

This hotel makes an extra effort. It is well situated for central Antwerp and is close to 2 public car parks. It is boutique style, but it is the free drinks and bites every evening that make it stand out. Also as returning guests we got a free bottle of cava brought to our room.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Thanks for the great service.

Noisy neighbours, but I'm not sure if this is something that would be common or if we just happened to be there when there was an event.

The staff's response to a complaint we had was dealt with in a very professional and friendly manner.

Sunday early closing.....

On Sunday things dont run like other days, so if you arrive after 5.30/6pm reception is closed and you have to access at a side door. Also, the evening complimentary drinks and nibbles are finished early - its a shame something is not left out for guests arriving Sunday evening, that would be a nice gesture which I am sure would be greatly appreciated.

The overall vibe is great, large communal spaces with funky art, lots of sitting areas. Breakfast was also great - its served to you when you arrive (a fixed plate, but with everything you could wish for). Location is fantastic for shopping and eating.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

We will definately come back!

Missing a normal (not too bright) mirror in the room.

Super comfortable beds and great location. Friendly staff and nice tapas including drinks in the afternoon!

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Fantastic value for a superb location!

Room floors were freezing and took a long time for the room to get warm, though once warm it stayed warm, but never the floor by the bed. Shower curtain had red bold and no extra toilet paper or tissues in room.

The Breakfast were amazing everything was perfect. The afternoon drinks were also a nice bonus and the staff always friendly.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Modern hotel in good location

-The room was much smaller then the impression from the photos on their website. -Breakfast was not included and expensive -One small lift to the rooms which was over used most of the time

The location The modern decor

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Lovely - again!

There was a dog left in the hotel which was barking, but as soon as the staff were informed they dealt with it. The only problem with the hotel is the hard floors transfer sound to the room below.

The design is superb, location fantastic, bedding luxurious, and little touches like complimentary cava on arrival and the drinks in the early evening make Banks a wonderful place to stay.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Beautiful but not rounded.

Breakfast is cute but not exciting. Bread is not really amazing, meats and cheese are ok. The fruit was not all fresh fruit and it was already fermented. The rooms are tiny. Corridors smell of smoke. Staff is not very flexible. Their policies for payment on arrival and breakfast in advance, they explain with modern hotel. I would call it bad service.

Cool design. Great beds, feel bouncy but super comfy. Location is amazing.

Room with sauna not a recommendation
    • Executive Double Room with Sauna

Disappointing stay. We booked the executive room with sauna, which in our view is not a lot of value for money. The room is very small, the bathroom more than basic and to reach the sauna, you have to go outside and cross a balcony. Not a recommendation.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

We will be back! 5)8/

Needs to improve on providing toiletries and providing a cabinet for clothes

We liked the overflowing food and drinks they served us! :) staff was friendly and helpful!

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

centraal gelegen in de stad

We had a great day in D’anvers, Belgium. Unfortunately our stay in Banks was not that good this time. Although we booked a luxury ‘junior suite’ our expectations where bigger. We left a note for the reception but did’t receive the attention we should think is needed. Next time NO ‘hotel banks’ for us anymore. Unfortunately to say: - no light in the toilet - broken tub faucet - dirty shower curtain (beneath) - frontcover fireplace broken. Couldn’t close it. - 2 towel sets, for three persons - Forgot to leave a bottle of Prosecco . After mentioning it was delivered. - Trascan handle in bathroom - dirty

centraal gelegen in de stad

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Nice hotel very centrally located in City Centre.

Nice hotel very centrally located in City Centre. Facility includes new basic rooms and functional lounge, which are both good since we have been out in city most of time anyway.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

the free drinks and snack at pre dinner, location near shops...

Saterday at 5:50 am a building site started under window, in general hotel is noisy with water off whole building running through our sink it seemed, just one lift especially when cleaning team holds this one lift at peak hours

the free drinks and snack at pre dinner, location near shops and near centre, ambiance, beds

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Great location with too small beds

small separate beds and hard pillows, no reception. Our neighbours made a lot of noise - was not managed properly.

Great location, friendly staf, nice free Friday night drink.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Small room but perfect location and staff
    • Small Double Room

The room is literally nothing more than a bed with 4 walls around it. Very small, but that makes it cozy as well, still I don't recommend staying longer than 2 nights or so. I didn't understand the glass door to the toilet. Not so interested in what's happening in there.

Very friendly staff, got some champagne while checking in. Drinks and snacks on the house at the bar in the evening. Location coudn't be better, quiet area within 5 minutes walk of where you want to be. Perfect for a short stay.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

look elsewhere
    • Small Single Room

during a busy time in Antwerp, the rate was exorbitant - 240 euros for a tiny single room, understand business, but gouging at this level, leaky window with stains on the wall, peeling paint in the room, mediocre wifi, really tiny room - bed, shower, toilet - no room for desk, barely room for luggage,

Great location, short walk to the center square of the city; clean, quiet. Modern, trendy décor - all concrete

Weekend trip

Could hear the neighbor snoring at night. Some noise from the street. The under bed light nicely lit up the dust on the floor.

Great location. Good size room and bathtub.

Browse Hotel Banks traveller photo gallery