Reviews of Hotel Barsey by Warwick 4 stars

Avenue Louise 381-383, Elsene / Ixelles, 1050 Brussels, Belgium

#83 of 215 hotels in Brussels

• Premium King Room

So the reason why I booked a room here was because they had an affordable rate for a king sized bed room with a shower and bath tub. My boyfriend is 2 meters tall so I wanted to make sure everything was comfortable for him. I called the hotel and inquired about the bed and the bathtub then made a request for a room with a city view. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel was situated right infront of a tram stop and very near the main shopping street. Checking in and out was a breeze and the room was more than comfortable. My only comment would be that the elevator is quite old looking and the room's decor felt a little dated but that didn't affect our overall stay. I would definitely come back and stay here again. :)

• Premium Twin Room

The restaurant and bar have lovely décor and there is a nice garden. However the service from staff was abysmal and the food was poor and very slow to arrive Limited snacks were available in the bar.

The room and the general décor of the hotel was very good. The location was good. Parking was easy.

• Classic Twin Room

Very old and used furnitures. The smallest bathroom/toilet combination, but would be ok if you are traveling alone for one or two nights.

Located in a calm area of Brussels, the hotel is clean and calm. Comfortable bed in a large room.

• Classic Queen Room

The bathroom was too small and felt stuffy. Cleanliness should be improved (hair dryer absolutely covered in dust, tea cups stained). The rest rooms in the lounge need better supervision too. Around the hotel there is a lot of street prostitution (not the hotel's fault, of course, but not a nice area in the night).

The room was comfortable. Front desk polite. Easy access. Good sleep quality. The lounge of the hotel is nice and airy. Price was fair. Good wifi.

• Classic Queen Room

The shower was very weak and not hot enough. The hotel bar was closed when I returned at around 11.00pm. The breakfast was okay (but not great) and the coffee machine needed to be refilled with water when I got there and I had to wait a long time before it was fixed.

Comfortable bed and quiet room. Location suited me but may be too far out from the centre for others. They seem to be refurbishing the hotel and I expect that it will be a lot better once that work is finished.

• Classic Twin Room

-The transportation is not as convenient as expected. There is a tram close to the hotel, but it is not as frequent as expected. It makes our journey to the city a bit long every day (at least half an hour per journey). -The restaurant has nice atmosphere, while the food itself is just so-so.

-The hotel is furnished in a very nice way. Rooms are traditionally furnished. -All staff we met are super friendly. -The restaurant environment is very cosy.

• Classic Twin Room

For a 4-star hotel in 2018 I found the following very strange: - very old furniture - no mini bar - the windows open only 5 cm, and there is no balcony. - no drapes only curtains

The hotel is situated in a nice and charming area. The staff is nice and helpful and the rooms are relatively big.

• Classic Queen Room

The fact that the hotel was so close to the things I wanted to see and that you can really get a sense of luxury in that area. My room was also nice, great view.

The mini-bar was empty..

The best part was the bed, very comfortable. The room itself felt luxurious and totally sound-isolated. Friendly staff. If you want a great night sleep -Go here.

The rooms are stuffy and not clean and not at all what they look like in photos. The staff were not friendly. There was no room service

The hot chocolate was good.

• Classic Queen Room

Again if you are a tourist you might need to find something closer to the city center. The historical center is by no means at a walking distance and therefore public transportation is necessary. Fortunately it is next to the hotel but you need some time to get to the center. Ridiculously expensive breakfast. Check some beautiful cafes nearby

A very classy hotel. Excellent service, beautiful rooms, nice decoration. It is not that expensive compared to the rest of the hotels. I would recommend it to business travelers as it quite and not that close to the historical center.

• Classic Queen Room

A bit far from the city center, but the neighborhood is good.

Nice and clean hotel, rooms are large, staff very friendly. Breakfast was good. Bed is comfortable - not too soft, not too hard.

• Classic Queen Room

It was very dirty. There was blood on the flush of the toilets. On all the electrical switch you can see fingerprints and fat including in the elevator. It was also noisy.

Most of the staff was nice but few not trained at all and not friendly/nice

During the check in at the reception desk they asked us to pay for an additional room in order for them to bring a bed for a child into our room. They told us the only way is that you book another room for the kid or else the kid will sleep into the parents bed. We were very disappointed and we wanted to look for another hotel then we asked for a manager they told us we will make exception. We told them that our booking for that room was for 2 adults and one kid. They answered that Booking.com is not accurate and you need to make a phone call. I would not recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Classic Queen Room

They do have a restaurant, but it was closed both days of my stay.

Everything you would expect from a good hotel. I got a nice spacious room with oldschool furniture, a big bed with many pillows, very nice big bathroom with a big bathtub / shower. There's also a small fridge and a tv. They have room service with a small but adequate menu that can be served any time of day/night. It was quite cold outside, but the room was nice and warm.

• Premium King Room

The hotel is in a convenient location, however late at night the street is less family friendly. The room was clean but somewhat outdated and in need of maintenance (the bathroom floor tiles were loose and the shower curtain was mildewed). Breakfast is very expensive.

The staff is very friendly. They had free apples in the lobby.

• Premium Twin Room

The breakfast could have been better, more vegetables and bigger cups! The garage costs are far to high. Water pressure in the showers must be higher.

Like the hotell, boutique feeling. Quiet.

• Classic Twin Room

Totally out of style decoration. Hardly a 4 star hotel Would name it a 3*. The lobby it was pleasant but all the other facilities were inadequate specially while charging a high rate. The water temperature was not always adequate for a freezing temperature as well as the hotel overall. Some places were heated while others, not. Outdated in all senses.

Staff at the front desk; truly friendly and keen to help all the time time, specially the young man that checked me in, upon arrival.

• Classic Queen Room

Old furnitures In the room. Bathroom old and not really functional . Breakfast poor and not analyze of clients vs. needs - one morning at 9 no croissants because the clients before me eat All and they did not had anymore

Room with big windows - steet view

No bar at the hotel to chat after dinner, that’s something I dis not like and also the fact that adult mivies are avaiable, no code required. Hou just need to add room number. I had a sexond room for my two daughters and I am happy I saw that before then. Apart from that the hotel is vety nice, very confirtable roons and all.

Very confortable rooms, nice bed, good shower, food location

• Premium King Room

No restaurant or longe avail, deposit amount on credit card 300 euro more than check out bill. Air system in common area of the 9th floor was foul. No ice avail first half of visit.

• Family Double Room

Didn’t have half of the menu available, so we had to find a late night meal elsewhere. Had to ask multiple times to have our double room doors opened and waited 10 minutes for someone to open the garage.

Was a great value for both rooms.

• Classic Queen Room

Extremely expensive breakfast. Very old plumbing - I understand that it should look vintage, but is so old that it makes it uncomfortable. I really prefer to get warm water from faucet instead of getting two faucets with extremely hot and extremely cold water and mix it in the sink.

Comfortable room, good location, clean place.

• Classic Queen Room

The breakfast is really no recomended, its too expensive for what they offer. Save moeny and buy your breakfast from the 1min away supermarket.

I loved the location of the hotel. Its close to Carefour, beautiful lake and the metro is exactly infront if the hotel.

• Classic Queen Room

Nice room on the 10th floor with a terrace a a view over Brussels. Very confortable bed. Well located facility a big park is nearby. Very Friendly staff at tthe front desk. Breakfast waiters should pay more attention to clients. The fitness is small but ok. could easily be improved by adding heavier free weights (also for the push up barrel).

• Family Double Room

They aggressively tried to force me to book breakfast in advance. The booking was for 5 people but on arrival we were told of additional charge to have 5 beds

• Classic Twin Room

I would have liked fresh milk in the room (I'm an English tea drinker), though I realise the Belgians don't drink tea like this.

Bed was very comfy. All staff spoke English and were friendly. The restaurant menu was not large but the food was very good. Tram stop right outside hotel.

• Classic Queen Room

1) We paid for our room TWICE! And within the past 3 weeks that we asked the property to make an account reconciliation, we have not received ANY answer nor appropriate feedback 2) there are few parking places and they are really small!

Location & style

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Classic Twin Room

The bed was a little too soft for us. I forgot my uk adapter and reception said they would get one for me for the next evening, but didn'T. I would have preferred to have just been told they didn't have one as I could have easily bought one whilst in the city during the day - by the time we got back to the hotel in the evening there was nowhere nearby to buy one. I think it is always better to under promise and over deliver rather than the other way around. However they did charge my iPhone for me.

This is a very nice hotel and we would stay again. We asked for a quiet room, and it was :) All staff were excellent, from reception to bar & restaurant, all very helpful, and our room was clean and comfortable - we particularly liked having two armchairs and a small table so we could sit and read in our room one evening. The hotel bar & restaurant are very stylish & comfortable and there was a really beautiful courtyard garden with trees and plants which would be wonderful in summer. Dinner in the restaurant was excellent and the menu had some interesting and creative dishes. Breakfast was fairly basic but okay. We arrived on a bank holiday and the restaurant was closed but the bar staff were able to serve us in the bar from the room service menu with a light but hot and tasty meal, so no problem for us. The hotel is in a good area so you feel ok to walk outside in the evening. A short walk along the road (towards the city centre) and there are nice shops although a few tram stops takes you into the most fabulous shopping area with everything from Tiffany to Michael Kors shops. The tram is virtually outside the door - we loved being able to get into the heart of town in just minutes for only 2.5 euros each. It is so convenient with trams being very frequent, clean, safe and easy to use. If you wanted a taxi, the helpful staff would have one at the door in 5 minutes, but we preferred the tram and would use it in preference for speed and value. Reception staff recommended places to visit, and these were all good suggestions.

• Classic Twin Room

Too warm in the room and hookers in the street (important to know if you are travelling with kids)

Good location (close to Louise metro stop) and comfy room

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

I

We got two communicated room, which is the best option for my family, I like the hotel it is a very clean and nice hotel, near to Tram station and 02 carffour express store. You can reach the city center by tram within 10 to 15 min.

• Classic Queen Room

The shower water was either to cold either to hot you couldnt wash properly. The room temperature was very cold and the heater didnt worked. When we reached to the hotel we paid for the parking and after when we come back later to the hotel and we wanted to park they said that is overbooked and we need to park somewhere else on the street.

The location was good and we had a nice view from our window

• Premium King Room

Its too far away that you can walk to the city-center. However, tram runs just outside the hotel and takes ca.10-15 to downtown. However, we liked the quietness.

Amazing staff at the reception. Friendly, smiling and really made a difference. Rooms and hotel looked classy.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• Classic Twin Room

Bedroom far too hot and public areas very cold!! Pity , lovely stylish hotel. Also the handles on the wardrobe were both broken.

Room lovely ...but too hot.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Classic Twin Room

Room looked very old and carpet was dirty. Water was not getting drained in shower area and we asked hotel reception to clear it up. They said they will send a plumber but it did not happen

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• Classic Twin Room

The food was super-expensive (including a €6 charge if you wanted it in your room!) and the location was a good 10 min walk from anywhere good to eat.

The fittings are all quite classic, old and attractive. The room was nice and big, and the wifi was good

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Classic Queen Room

great staff, very friendly. Nice and big rooms, original decoration, not far from public transport, bit of a walk to the city center but located in a very nice, peaceful neighbourhood with a lot of locals and not too many tourists, would definitely stay here again!

• Classic Queen Room

The hotel could use a little renovation, especially the bathroom.

The bed was amazing and the breakfast a must have. The rooms are very spacious and the staff is great!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Classic Queen Room

Really overpriced food, 20eur for a salad and a beer! Too much Bad gym, no air conditioning and the TV didn't work, so dry atmosphere,

Great staff, room was comfortable

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Executive Suite with City View

The staff is anxious, not smiling , may they differentiate between muslims and others! Not helpful to us when we ask about the direction of different location Hotel sell water bottle by 3 euro! While it is in the market 0.4 euro The breakfast have little varieties No cappuccino The hotel smell bad Far away from central area ( long way you have to take metro then tram to reach there) No facilities ( suna, gem)

Quite

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Classic King Room

I booked four double rooms for two nichts for some friends, they got stuck in the lift and only one got the premised reimbursement. I hope the others will follow.

Nice place, nice rooms, good value for money

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Classic Twin Room

No way to get an iron at 9 pm at arrival to iron shirt for morning meeting, breakfast not included, hotel outdated and far from the center

Bed was comfortable

Room a bit old. It took me more than 2 minutes to get hot water in the shower

Lovely staff, nice bar with terrasse

• Classic Twin Room

The prostitutes right outside the front door.

Very clean

• Premium King Room

the staff was really very helpful, the reception showed great effort to make our stay enjoyeable

No restaurant Facilities

• Premium King Room

Just been refurbished - very smart and staff very welcoming and helpful

• Classic Queen Room

Actually, horrible customer service. Would never book with them again

Bad customer service

Nice design

None...

Everything..

The toilet was smelly

• Classic Twin Room

Loved the large room and great bathroom. The neighborhood is nice and also quiet. Tram stop is right in front.

• Classic Twin Room

broken tiles in the bathroom

• Classic Twin Room

friendly staff - big room with the possibility to work there - windows to open - cups and coffe and tea possibilities in the room - pretty terrace

• Classic Queen Room

Cleanliness and good manners staff.

• Classic Queen Room

Carpets and furniture old and dirty - Room did not look like the photos and not worth the money Televison channels didn't work properly

• Classic Twin Room

Room is cold, window is old, couldn’t stop the cold air from outside.

Bed is comfortable, room is clean. Employees are kind.

• Classic Twin Room

Bed was very comfortable, room temperature was comfortable and breakfast selection good.

• Premium King Room

Very good hotel, great staff. Breakfast was really nice...the selection was just right. The room was very comfortable and clean.

• Classic Twin Room

Ok, clean, good service, kind of old furniture

• Family Double Room

The room was a bit small and dated. Breakfast was not very good.

Staff were helpful and friendly.

• Classic Queen Room

They paid 190 Euro instead of 146 euro for my first night althought i receive my bill. Escrow.

• Premium King Room

Busy area to find a parking space.

Comfort, coffee making facilities in room, corner shop.

Television reception

• Classic Queen Room

Everything was excellent and I had an excellent night's sleep.

Nothing to mention

Clean Great breakfast with freshly squeezed orange juice Helpful staff

• Classic Queen Room

There is no bar at the hotel.

Nice hotel, easy access, friendly staff. Nice bedroom

Location, cleanness.

• Premium King Room

The breakfast was not good at all for the amount of money you pay.

The bed was great and the room

• Classic Queen Room

I felt that Parking was a bit pricey

Location, bed and bathroom are good

Really nice facility

• Classic Twin Room

Deposit for my visit not comeing back yet

View from the window, breakfast, silence

• Classic Queen Room

They have some older rooms and i got one of those this time.

comfortable quite room