Reviews of B-aparthotel Grand Place 4 stars

Rue des Dominicains 25-27, 1000 Brussels, Belgium

#101 of 232 Holiday rentals in Brussels

perfect location, nice apartment but do not expect services.
    • Apartment

well, the WiFi speed was really slow. the apartment wont get cleaned unless you stayed for at least 4 nights, so do not expect a change for towels or refill of shampoo if you are staying less than that. the shower in the bathroom was broken and the water was flooding the bathroom and because it is a self check-in apartment hotel, so do not expect someone to fix it for you.

The apartments are really spacious and the self check in experience went really smooth. and amazing location in the city center is so convenient to see the city on foot. it is less than 5 min walk from the main plaza.

the apartment was very spacious and clean!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

it was a bit confusing to get into the place. it would be very nice if there is a person/staff at that building..! Calling to the staff in another place is not very easy with foreign mobile phone. also on the 2nd day in the morning, the lift was broke down.. so i had to use stairs to my place which was 6th floor!

the apartment was very spacious and clean! Location was very great! just 5min walk to Grand place.. so every time that i feel tired i just comeback to the hotel and chill out a bit, and went out again! :)

Highly recommended.
    • Apartment

Carpet at the corridor was a bit smelly, It spoils the first impression what is a pity, becuase otherwise there is nothing negative to say about the hotel.

Excellent location, good facilities, quiet place even if in the very centre of Brussels. Very nice arrangements for breakfast.

Cosy apartment, very near the centre.
    • Apartment

PIN to enter the building was sent to me on an email. There was no way for me to retrieve the PIN on booking.com which would make life much easier.

Very modern apartment. From the entrance to the room itself. Modern kitchen appliances, cosy room which had everything I need. Safe, iron and ironing board and soaps in the bathroom. Would definitely recommend this place.

Apart from that bad "towel-expierience" the stay was perfect!
    • Apartment

I am a regular customer of B-Apart-hotel (usually B-apart Regent)!!! I asked for a fresh towel and got a short answer (in an extremly rude way) that its is NOT POSSIBLE to get a fresh towel cause i am here only for 3 nights .... this person has the wrong job!! this is definatly NOT customer-friendly: 1st in the way he was talking to me and 2nd it should not be a problem to get an fresh towel in a hotel/apartment of your category!

Perfect situated!

Hope to be back!!!!!
    • Apartment

The promised for extra money sofa bed in the living room has nothing to do with a real sofa-bed. It is a folding bed (camp bed) of bad quality and very low and uncomfortable,more suitable for a child.

The location is perfect - very central, with lots of restaurants,pubs,shops within 5 mins walking.Check in and out - easy. Airconditioner is important for summer,nice bathroom cosmetics. El patio is a good bonus

The room was nice
    • Executive Double Room

I did not receive a code to enter and no one explained me how I had to get it, I was knocking the door until another guest came out and helped me, there was no one to ask anything.

The room was nice

The appartment was nice, very clean and cosy.
    • Apartment

The appartment was nice, very clean and cosy. The location is great - in the heart of the city center and 20 min walk to the EU Institutions. We will choose B-aparthotel Grand Place for our next trip to Brussels.

Average stay, but need some improvement
    • Apartment

A room without air conditioned, and with limited opening window. Room closet door is damaged and don´t role properly, with the necessary inconvenience. For a week staying , I don´t think do the cleaning after 1 day of staying and leaving the other 6 without cleaning is the most suitable solution. Rather a middle week cleaning, would be better. Kitchenette with very limited amenities. Maybe some coffee capsules, to use with the machine, would be a nice welcome .

Very good location.

Good location, secure, clean.
    • Executive Double Room

We urgently needed a power adaptor for a piece of medical equipment. The person at reception was not helpful at all. Please be advised that this is a block of apartments, and there is not 24 hour reception.

secure, clean, comfortable

Great central location in heart of the city
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The elevator/lift was however under maintenance. We were traveling with elders and shortlisted this hotel only because it had an elevator available. So before booking, do check with the property if their elevator os operational. The property did give us a room on the ground floor after reaching out.

Im always looking for a central location and this apartment was spot on. Everything was within 5 mins of walking time. Support was always available on the phone. The showers in the 2 bedroom apartment were great and rooms were spacious.

Clean, large, more than you expect, highly recommended
    • Apartment

It was not clear on arrival how to access the apartments. I had to call the helpdesk (which was indeed helpful) to get the code. Later I assisted two sets of others who had the same predicament so it wasn't just me. This story has a twist. Aparthotel had sent an email with clear instructions only I hadn't looked at it. My fault. That said the others clearly hadn't noticed this email either. My conclusion is that the email that comes from Booking.Com should contain in the subject not "Confirmation reservation for 02 May ..." (because I know I booked I don't bother reading the confirmation) but rather something like "Important Building/Room access information for your stay in ApartHotels" or something along those lines. That would have grabbed my attention.

Room Quality, Space and Location. I enjoyed staying there.

Great apartment in the city centre, 5 min walk to the Grand Place
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Slight improvement suggestions: - The mattress on the suite bed was not excellent; - The confirmation letter could have mentioned that a separate card was necessary for luggage storage. When we noticed it (on the envelope with the key), it was Friday afternoon and the office was closed. We didn't find appropriate contacting the emergency number, so we just used a storage locker in the nearby train station (Brussels Central).

The living room with a fantastic view of the city, including the Grand Place! Much space in the apartment, it was a great choice. 5 min walk to the Grand Place and multiple restaurants / bars in the neighbourhood.

Underwhelmed. It wasn't what I was expecting at all. That said, it would probably suit some people
    • Executive Double Room

The room was large and the location was pretty good, but that's where it ended for me. The room wasn't particularly clean - there was grime on the bathroom door, and there was no reception or staff around. The bed was as hard as a rock. I won't be back.

Very spacious and central hotel appartment
    • Apartment

TV in bedroom did not work well.

Nice 2 room appartment, clean and spacious at about 1 minute from Grand Place and in our case from a conference hotel. No staff but no problems. Breakfast was around the corner in a small bar/restaurant which was both pleasant and good (croissant, scrambled eggs to yogurt).

An excellent proposal for the frequent business traveler:...
    • Apartment

Some smelly kitchen odor coming through into the room from 8-9:30 pm - unclear why as the whole place is well insulated and there's no restaurant in the basement. Altogether, not a big deal though.

An excellent proposal for the frequent business traveler: very spacey room, well-equipped, new furniture, semi-hard mattress (my preference), warm, all electrical appliances around and working properly; very good bathroom; fast & reliable WiFi with no down times in std package. Finally, the place is really 3 minutes away from the Grande Place and within walking distance from sightseeing and my working place. If you move around on foot, there is no better place to stay.

It is very well located.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

It is very well located. Right in the middle of happening places of Brussels. Very well organized check in and parking facilities. Even without any reception and attendant it was very easy to reach the room. In fact I called the help line number and got the detailed guidance. Very clean and well maintained rooms. Good standard of crockery and cutlery. I would recommend this place and would love to come back again.

The location is amazing as well as the apartment.
    • Apartment

The bathroom of our appartment leaked a lot of water to the flow during showers, this way we had to use the rug and smaller towels to absorve it.

The location is amazing as well as the apartment.

Average
    • Apartment

Wasn't as clean as we thought it would be as trip advisor rated it very high but we arrived with hairs in the bathtub and stains on the sink.

Amenities

Will come back whenever I need
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

We found the apartment cold when we arrived: it was January and the a/c was on. Also the detergent used to clean it did not smell good.

I was traveling with family for work and this was just perfect: spacious, comfortable, in the right location and with a nice view

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Very old flat - all furniture with scratches, appeared very poor. All the time was strong smell of spoiled fish (personal told us that neighbors cooking fish) - so they were cooking it all 5 days we were there(((( I think it is a bad ventilation - first floor is a fish restaurant! No washing machine

Location is perfect- 7 min to the train station and 2 min to the Rathaus. Quiet bid apartment for the family of 2 adults and 2 children. Easy to find the property.

Exceptional property and location

Everything was perfect

Iliked how the hotel provided free umbrellas. Also we arrived well before check in time made a quick call and a member of staff was with us within 5 minutes with the key of our room. The apartment was way above what we had expected and the location was fantastic.

There were very noisy roadworks outside the door and...
    • Apartment

There were very noisy roadworks outside the door and underneath our window. The building next door also had construction works and they were making noise until last 1am every evening, we complained to the aparthotel but the noise did not stop. The smell of cooking meat from the apartment kitchen above stank out our whole apartment - we are vegetarians and it was very difficult to cope with. There is no cleaning over the weekend and a lot of rubbish built up. I wouldn’t come back or recommend this place to anyone. The only plus is it’s location.

Excellent location - with loads of bars and restaurants...
    • Apartment

Excellent location - with loads of bars and restaurants close by. Enjoyed the extra space of the apartment and having a fridge is always a bonus.

Location is the key!
    • Executive Double Room

No active reception on the weekend. No area to leave my suitcase on Sunday after the checkout, but at least Centraal Station has facilities for that. The windows were locked and could not find a key to open them for some fresh air.

Comfy pillows and bed in a very nice room resembling an apartment. It is situated maybe less than 5 mins walk from Grand Place, 2-3 mins walk from a metro station and less than 10 mins walk from Centraal Station.

Worth to stay 😊
    • Apartment

I had stayed there for 6 nights and my towels and bed sheets has not been changed even once. Administration side didn't communicate between each other. There is no reception what is not a problem but as everywhere we have to do some paper work. They ask to meet or provide ID and card details by email what I did. Next day late morning I had a staff member coming to my room (even sign do not disturb was at the door) to take my ID and card details. When I informed her that I send everything by email she said that nobody pass to her any information about it that's why she came. It was a bit annoying cos I had a late night and want to sleep a bit longer.

Great place, specious, right in the town centre. Very big bed, leaving space with kitchen. Easy to check in and out. I would recommend it and definitely will stay there if I will come to Brussels again.

Upgraded, large suite, clean, lovely facilities.
    • Apartment

Felt a little unsafe as a lone female entering late at night, its down a little bit of a dark lane. I had no problems however did't feel as safe as i could have.

Upgraded, large suite, clean, lovely facilities.

Fantastic apartment and location for families. Plenty of space!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Considering there were THREE TVs in one apartment, more kids channels in English/movie channels would have been useful. Shower leaked in the smaller bathroom. Plus communal area was a bit shabby.

The apartment was bigger than some people's home. With two kids (aged 6 and 8) the fact that we had two bedrooms with two bathrooms and such a large dining/sitting area was brilliant. Bedrooms and storage was good. Location excellent (quiet at night yet so close to all the things to see and do, plus close to the train station). Check in was simple and they even provided free large umbrellas.

External breakfast partner delivered excellent food and...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Room needs renovation. Breakfast was excellent, however not ideal that it is outside the hotel.

External breakfast partner delivered excellent food and service. Size of apartment was good.

Best apartment ever!
    • Apartment

Wonderful apartment, new and fully furnished, parking at ground -1 for 25EUR, free laundry service, bath and shower with Rituals bath products, super easy to check in and out (instructions sent by email prior to our arrival), great position. Absolutely stunning!!

Great location and comfortable accomodation. Highly recommend.
    • Apartment

Wish there was an actual fulltime reception area vs. dealing through the phone but it all worked out for us.

Located near most tourist attractions. Cleaning staff was at the location upon our early arrival and were very helpful in getting us checked in. Apartment was comfortable. Wifi worked fine. TV in both sitting room and bedroom. Hot shower. Kitchen had essential tools for preparing easy meals.

I like the idea to have a spacious apartment instead of a...
    • Apartment

I only had problem with the coffee machine (but maybe I wasn't able to operate:-)

I like the idea to have a spacious apartment instead of a tiny little hotel room. This was perfect and the location is brilliant, too.

Terrible
    • Apartment

Dirty, worn out and not anything like the pictures. Almost ruined the surprise weekend I had planned. The description states stylish, chic and modern they have been at the start they are now worn out, dirty leaking shower terrible bed. I don't have anything positive to say about this stay. If your looking for a nice romantic stay do not book here.

OK
    • Apartment

No window or air circulation in the bathroom, which was with the WC and entering there was through the bedroom. Window view was really not good. It made so sad, pesimistic atmospere - looking at some walls.

The appartment was situated nearly in the heart of the centre, very near the main square. Shops, bars, club and other facilites were also very near. The weather, the envinroment, the people, we met there, were nice to/for us. :)

Location and the fact that you get a code in advance no need...
    • Apartment

We have been going there for 3 years and it s getting a bit tired looking. We will probably still use it again though as it is clean and well equipped.

Location and the fact that you get a code in advance no need to check in after hours.

Really nice place.
    • Executive Double Room

I wasn't comfortable with the fact that there was no reception area. The place lacked warmth because of this.

I liked the bed, pillows, the air-conditioning, the size of the bedroom, and that there was a sitting area. Location was also very good, so close to the centre of Brussels.

A return visit

Nowt.

Our third stay in these apartments which are convenient, comfortable and well equipped. Excellent location for the Grand Place and the Galeries St Hubert. A short 5 minute walk from Brussels Central station. Easy access to a good choice of restaurants.

Relative ease in accessing property as no formal reception.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Dragging luggage back to railway station.Did not appear far but relatively steep incline.

Relative ease in accessing property as no formal reception. Apartment large and comfortable

Excellent self catering option in the city centre
    • Apartment

A bit dark (4th floor), cleaning service very limited, no permanent presence of staff

Very convenient, modern and well located appartement, good internet connection, cleaning service included...

Great location,good sized rooms,excellent for exploring...
    • Executive Double Room

Hard to find but that was our fault lacking any location technology. Every time we returned to the hotel running a gauntlet of restaurant proprietors all wanting us to dine at their establishment.

Great location,good sized rooms,excellent for exploring Brussels

Absolutely friendly n I liked the concept of this kind of apartments

Just nothing

The reception Manager was excellent very helpful .... don't recollect the name, sincere apologies ...but she was very presentable....cheering n just awesome on hospitality.... me n my family wish her all the best

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Apartment

Bedroom and guestroom are combined, no door to close it. Whole bathroom full of water after getting shower. 1 of 2 stove burners is broken

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Easter holidays
    • Apartment

Only while taking shower the water gets out the shower although i close the shower doors, need little maintenance. Flat 38. The pillows are a bit old comparing with the other flat I stayed in last year.

Second time I stay in. The location is perfect, close to the central station only 5 mins walking. You take the train from airport , arrive to the central station and walk. The cooking items were good.

Would definitely return
    • Apartment

Annoying hearing the apartment upstairs stomping around.

So close to the central station and grand place. All the restaurants a stones throw away and supermarkets really close by too.

Room was quite big and location is just next to the square.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The parking was not friendly for foreigners and the payment in cash should be done in the administration office where was 15 driving distance away. While we would like to settle the rent in cash, the hotel told me that the credit card had been charged and if we would like to pay in cash, the refund could be done but the bank charge would be on our account.

Room was quite big and location is just next to the square.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Great location, great pricen
    • Executive Double Room

Check in was a little challenging without a person onsite. Coming from the US, I didn't have connectivity. I forgot to download the instructions. I didn't realize I could call them at the front door. I helped several others that had the same problem.

The location was fantastic. The room was a great size. I was very happy with my stay and would recommend it to others - just make sure you have your access codes.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

BRUSSELS MARCH 2017
    • Apartment

When I booked this apartment, the room I selected advertised it as having a City view. This was the reason I went ahead with my reservation. On arrival I was greatly disappointed to find that it indeed did not. Our windows looked out onto brick walls from the back of neighboring buildings.

The location was excellent and have now stayed here 3 times due to this. It is located in a quiet street but is a stones throw from shops , bars and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

great place - but if you need anything special - you will have problems
    • Apartment

there was no one to tal with after business hours. the water was cold (no hot water). i phoned the main office - but it took them about 5 hours to handle it. there is no staff at the place after business hours. i wanted late check out on the weekend - but there was no one to talk to.

the privacy, the facilities, the spacious room... the location..

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Brilliant Location makes up for Small Annoying Issues
    • Apartment

Poor staff, Unhelpful Luggage Storage, Chilly Room. Although the hotel has ' No Reception' there are house keeping staff around and a guy in an hotel office sometimes, They were quite rude and unhelpful. Luggage storage is very unconvienient and unaccomodating, i would not even bother asking to use it again but would use the lockers in the train station beside the hotel (Brussels Central), they were cheap at 5eur for 24hrs and easy to use. The Air Con / Heating unit did not work and after telling the guy in the office he said he would have a look but did not fix it and gave us no explanation, No reply to an email I sent stating this problem. Apartment chilly when entering but had a small electric heater in the bed room that would heat the bedroom up but could not be left on when leaving the apartment.

Location, Quiet Rooms. The Locatation is absolutely brilliant. Restaurants and nice Bars on the door step but no noise heard in the room, and I am a light sleeper. Even with the negative points if i was going back I would stay again simply for the value for money regards location!!

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Repaint the walls, and you really have a winner!
    • Executive Double Room

The state of the walls were really, really dirty. Something simple like re-panting would fix this so easily. I don't understand why it wasn't done before.

The layout of the appartment was great and roomy. I loved the fact that they used Rituals toileteries. The location of the appartment is perfect, just around the corner to public parking too - saving 20 euro's in only two days compared to on-site parking offered at 25 euros a day.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Tired
    • Apartment

The place is realy tired everything is either heavily stained or broken. And wasn't particularly clean. There have been blood stains on the lobby and lift floor for the two days of our stay. A lot of the furniture including the bed are in a sad state the office chair is missing a wheel and the seat and arms are held together with tape for example. I wouldn't recommend it for the value it would more suit a 2 star rating

The location was pretty good. Check in was easy for an un manned complex as long as you read the instructions.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Great location, shame you can't store your bags there at weekends.
    • Executive Double Room

We couldn't store bags in the building on the Sunday so had to go to the train station with our bags to store them in lockers. Toilet leaked too and flooded the bathroom floor.

Liked the location, very close to everywhere. Apartments were large, clean and well equipped.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

A night in Brussels
    • Apartment

The staff that we had to call 3 times to get information about the parking and seemed to made us wait for no reason. The view.

Spacious place with a separated bedroom. Located just by the center and a very nice and festive street. There is everything you'd need in the kitchen. The parking lot which is just down the building and easy to access once you have the keys. The way to get the keys makes you feel really at home as you're the one dealing with it and that there is no reception.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Reasonable accomodation
    • Apartment

Laundry was not very clean Wifi internet was slow Safety box was not working initially, after a day was fixed advertisement was a bit misleading, it was inducating breakfast was included

Fascilities were good

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

A quite comfortable apartment, in a perfect location

The coffee machine inside the apartment seemed not to work. I do not know if it was my fault but I could not make it work. I would also like more heat in the apartment. It is a big apartment and it had only one source of heat.

Hotel is located in a perfect place. It really helped me in several walks and it was too close in almost everything. The apartment was really big and I had plenty of space, something that I really enjoyed. I did not have the chance to taste breakfast since it was not included in the price. The value for money is perfect.Coffee and tea, and a bottle of water was in the room, quite a pleasant surprise.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Very good choice in the heart of a capital city
    • Apartment

It would be nice if housekeeping was available during weekends. Sometimes you can hear the underground but was not too annoying.

Location could not be better. It's close to central station and main square. Bed was big and comfortable. The apartment was fully equipped and there were both a bathtub and a shower in the bathroom.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Great apartment but needs to be "freshed up"
    • Apartment

Water on the bathroom floor from the shower. Not enough with only one bath towel for 3 nights. Walls and furniture should have been "freshened up".

Large and practical apartment. Simple and convenient "check in". Terrace.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Pretty decent hotel
    • Apartment

On the downside the bed was kind of hard. Not like sleeping on a bench but pretty close. Another problem was the poor walls. You could hear loudly and clearly whenever someone was walking outside of the door but the worse part was the noisee you had to listen to whenever your neighbors chose to use the water in their apartment. To keep it simple, the sound proofing was absolutely horrible.

I liked that the check In procedure was really simple. The apartment was quiet big with plenty of furniture. If you prefer to cock for yourself during your stay this is perfect for you. The kitchen was great for this. Location was absolutely perfect.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Excellent short stopover
    • Executive Double Room

Some furniture was a little tired in the apartment and method of payment was unclear.

Very clean apartment and efficient considering there are no front of house staff

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

No reception, no luggage service, no one at all to speak...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

No reception, no luggage service, no one at all to speak with or to ask about anything. No direct dial for help or support. I have asked for a child bed , it was ignored totally and I have not seen any child bed not someone to speak with about!!!!

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

IN THE MIDDLE OF EVERYTHING YET PERFECTLY QUIET
    • Apartment

The coffee maker unfortunately is absolutely useless. I think a traditional coffee maker where you can purchase your coffee from any store would be more appropriate from a place that does not have attendants on duty. Also there are too few kitchen utensils and cooking pans.

The property could not be in a better location. It is 1/2 block to all the excitement and because it is 1/2 block away it is perfectly quiet!! I found this place to be extraordinary. Be mindful of your email communication with them and do not leave your home without calling them if you do not have a code to enter the apartment as you will receive a code for the door which you absolutely need to enter the building. A TV screen greets you just a few steps away which gives you your room number and lists all of the steps to take making it very convenient. The kitchen only has the bare minimum to warm up food and to eat there so I'd not consider it a full kitchen although with some creativity you could cook there. The coffee maker at the apartment, an essantial piece in any vacation, is a machine that uses specialized coffee cups that you CANNOT purchase at any store, only through them BUT there is no one at the apartment available to purchase them from so it is absolutely useless and a waste of precious space but this complaint I don't think is big enough to take any points away so I'm giving them a perfect 10!!!

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Executive Double Room

Had a problem closing the curtains as there was a desk in front

The location and the comfort of the bed. The staff went out of their way to be helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Felt like home
    • Executive Double Room

Right in the middle of all kind of attractions. Easy check in and clean appartments. Best products.. they offer "Rituals..." products in the bathroom :D

Excellent location and value for money

Excellent location and value for money

very nice and confortable size
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Check in is not starting until 2pm and there were no possibility to keep my luggage some where before 2pm

location and size of the room

Great place felt like home away from home

Location amenities clean

Normal
    • Apartment

There was no TV control, there was no signal to watch TV! and the implements of the kitchen were very basic!

3.5
    very Noisy

very Noisy

It’s okay vale for money.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The apartment is not high standard as we expected.

Location is great.

The bathroom should have been better and for two days there ...
    • Executive Double Room

The bathroom should have been better and for two days there was no cleaning service.

GREAT!
    • Executive Double Room

Everything was great! It has a great location, close to the central station. The breakfast was good and the rooms as well.

A dream place to be
    • Apartment

The fact that the place is too good.

Clean and great customer care service

Great location, very close to the city center.
    • Executive Double Room

Great location, very close to the city center.

Excellent apartment right in the centre
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Location was excellent, right on Grand Place. Accommodation was comfortable with good parking

Comfy beds, lovely bath.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Comfy beds, lovely bath. Great location near to Grand Place and plenty of restaurants.

Browse B-aparthotel Grand Place traveller photo gallery