Reviews of Hotel Beau Site 3 stars

Rue de la longue Haie 76, Elsene / Ixelles, 1050 Brussels, Belgium

#160 of 215 hotels in Brussels

Very spacious, neat and functional.

Lift was temperamental and small. Rooms were hot during day and windows did little to help ventilate.

Very spacious, neat and functional. Nice clean bathroom.

Not great for business travelers during the weekend!

Very noisy hotel throughout the night - seems like a bit of a party location. However I was staying over the weekend so perhaps to be expected.

Staff were great, great location - rooms simple - but fair price.

-clean room

-we wanted double bed, but there were just two beds together -broken hair dryer -blocked money (advance payment) for 1 week

-clean room -bath -location

The pictures do not show the real condition of the hotel. In reality it is worse.

The hotel was clean but the whole building needs a renovation. If it was not Brussels, you could never ask for those prices.

Friendly and very helpful staff at the reception.

The staff were kind and helpful, and the location is quite...

The rooms need some renovation, in my view. They look quite outdated and “tired,” albeit no obvious dirt is visible. The breakfast of 10 euros looked quite basic and seemed to lack hot eggs or sausages option, so we preferred to search for one outside.

The staff were kind and helpful, and the location is quite close to the downtown, although maybe not to Grand Place and it’s immediate vicinities. Brought the extra bed for a child at no cost.

Friendly staff.

Rooms needs a lil updating. Elevator kinda scary.

Friendly staff. Especially the male receptionist that accomodated us when we arrived late in the evening. He made sure we are comfortable and our car parked in a good spot.

Nice staff, ok bed but annoying sounds

Low sound-isolation. The whole evening i heard women talking and baby crying. Also some non-recognizing- disturbing sound witch appeared and lasted some seconds once every 15 minute.

nice staff, comfortable bed.

Not bad, but expecting more

The room was smelling like smoke. Some things of the breakfast were fine, but I would personally add more options. The bathroom was quite old but not very bad.

Very nice little hotel with excellent location!

Almost nothing! The elevator was old and slow, and the bedding a bit shabby. Otherwise, the hotel was just what I was looking for on my short trip to Brussels.

Location was just perfect for me, as I was looking for something relatively inexpensive around Avenue Louise. The hotel was quiet and clean, the room cosy, all the lights were working (normally at least one bulb wouldn't work in my hotel rooms), the wifi was excellent. Oh, and people in the reception were very friendly and helpful. Overall, I found it to be a very good value for money.

You get what you pay for. Good for a business traveller who doesn't want to spend much.

The hotel is old and definitely needs renovation. Furniture in my room was equally old. There were no lights at the corridor outside the rooms (at least in the floor where I was staying).

The location of the hotel is nice. Really close to Avenue Louise without the noise of Avenue Louise. It is within walking distance from the European Quarter (Place Luc, the European Parliament). The lady at the reception was really friendly and helpful.

Pleasant stay

Water s not easily going in the sink.

Perfect location. Very comfortable beds and the room is quite big. Very pleasant receptionist who explained how to better explore the city.

Friendly staff and good location.

I never received an answer to my request for a parking space. When we arrived the parking garage was full, thankfully we could park nearby on the street.

Friendly staff and good location.

The additional bed for kid was very comfortable and my...

Daily room cleaning should be provided. There should be some basic amenities in the room like electric kettle, iron and board, some stuff in the mini refrigerator.

The additional bed for kid was very comfortable and my daughter loved it. The staff was friendly and welcoming. They also accepted my request to provide an electric kettle. Overall, our objective was to get a place to sleep at night as we were planning to roam around parts of belgium and luxembourg. Beau site, did serve that purpose as it was easy to commute to brussels midi from there via tram # 81. A budget stay which was my need but within this budget the hotel should provide few more amenities. Overall I would say, if you want a budget stay only for sleeping and shelter, it is a very good place

Beware of hidden charges - especially with regards to breakfast!

The main issue I had was with the receptionist who, although fluent in English, was rude in her attitude towards guests like us who are newcomers to the property and Brussels in general. The bill she printed out was not accurate and it forced us to return to the property for clarification and a new receipt. Another dispute was with regards to breakfast which when checking in was confirmed included in the booking but on checkout was added to the original booking price. According to the receptionist breakfast is only included when booking directly through the hotel's own website. So this is something for future guests to bear in mind during the booking process. In any case I feel shorthanded by this hotel when charged me for breakfast on check out after confirming at check in that it was included in the booking price.

Room was okay

Room relatively big in size, good location, overall fine

I had to pay cash because they do not accept maestro bancomat (first time it happened to me in Europe)

Room relatively big in size, good location, overall fine

The room was large enough and it was relatively close to...

I didn't expect it to be so old (pictures were misleading). There was no sound insulation and the neighborhood didn't seem safe at night. Also, one of the receptionists almost spoke no english so it was really difficult to communicate.

The room was large enough and it was relatively close to public transportation.

They have bed bugs. It ruined my vacation and the hotel didn't do anything about it !!!

I was bitten by bed bugs ! I asked them to clean well my room but it just kept on getting worse every day until i decided to leave. It does not appear on your body immediately it takes some time. The hotel was not responsive about it which means they don't care about their guests. They only offered to give back the rate of one night ( they did not offer this when i was leaving but they proposed this a week later after i got back ) although i stayed for a week and i refused. I travel a lot and i stayed in many hotels but i never heard of these tiny insects so they should not also imply that this is a normal thing ! To be honest the staff working there is very nice friendly and active but the management of the hotel is not considerate at all when it comes to the wellbeing of his guest. Please be careful and do not stay in this hotel! You have pictures attached so you can see what happened to my whole body!

Friendly staff

I first had a small room on the to floor, later they moved me to a bigger room on the ground floor. I actually preferred the small room with a view over the bigger one without and with quite some noise from vehicles on the cobblestone road.

Friendly staff

A place to sleep, nothing more

Desk unmanned twice when I wanted to return key, I waited over 10 minutes a time. (I gave up the 2nd time and left with key.) Breakfast not included in price, that could have been explained when I checked in. The price of breakfast (10 Euros) is ridiculous for a couple of slices of bread and lukewarm coffee. No kettle in the room with complimentary coffee or tea. Hairs on the walls and floor in bathroom which was disgusting. (I ended up cleaning it myself.)

Free Wifi. They moved me to a more spacious room. The girl on the desk the first night I checked in was really friendly and showed me where I could eat. Comfy enough bed. Accessible.

This is a hostel not a hotel

The hotel corridor are not sound proof so I spent the night hearing the doors of other visitors open, shouting, screaming, it was quite frightening as a women alone. The lift was not working properly, the toiletries provided were cheap and we were made to pay 15€ to park our car overnight! Then we're called at 1am to come back downstairs to move our car into their garage because they would like a bus to be parked where we were parked!!! ( is this customer service?)

I have absolutely nothing positive to say about this hotel, that it should be rebranded as hostel.

Decent place

The hotel is clearly not the most modern place in Brussels but provides everything you need for a short stay in the area of Ixelles, which is one of the nicest neighbourhoods of Brussels and very close to the centre. Staff is friendly and helpful. Furthermore, cars can be parked directly in front of the hotel for 15 Euro per day. Breakfast is alright. Price is adequate.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

I will not go back, I am sure there are way better hotels for the same price in Brussels.

Very basic hotel, no style, old dining room, parts of the wall in my room were damaged And very ineffective instructions for turning on the TV, Its one of those hotels which is not horrible but boring and depressing, and it still cost 120€ a night, one wonders how it deserved 3 stars. It was also more than 20 minute walk from the center, in a very uninteresting area of town... The staff was the best part, they were nice people.

The personel was kind,they offered us an biger room at the...

On booking.com there was said that parking on place but when we arrived there was no private parking, but 3 places on rue, the receptionist said that we didn't reserved parking, so we had to parc on paying places, night is free but id you want to let your car at hotel during the day,you can't pay more than 4 hours. The city center is at 30 min walk, and 20 -30 min with public trans,so the placement is not extra. No air cond so it was hot in rooms,hard to sleep with windows open, to much noise. Not very good sound confort, we can hear al the neighbours.

The personel was kind,they offered us an biger room at the same price.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

My tv was not working.

Good location! Excellent breakfast! Fact that i asked for assistance which was promised but not provided is not very service minded.

My tv was not working. I called and receptionist who said she would come in 5 minutes but never arrived!

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Great location and good sized room

A soft refurb of rooms is required soon.

The staff were very helpful and polite and apologetic for the extremely high prices being charged due to a large Expo event in Brussels that week. I had a large room and bathroom all basically furnished but clean and the shower (and bath) worked fine. Just off Avenue Louise so pretty central. So on a budget and not spending a lot of time in your room, great place.

Great money value!

Nobody told me that breakfast was not included in the room price

Great large bathroom Large enough closet Very friendly staff Someone is at the reception desk 24/7

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Acceptable stay in a room from the last century

It is hard to describe the hotel room. It was clean, but at the same time so hopelessly outdated that I'm rather sure most of it hasn't changed since the 70s. I think it is most visible in the bathroom, but also shows everywhere else. There was a very old and dry smell. The elevator is incredibly small. Even the TV is still a tube television - near impossible to watch because the color was way off. There was a bar closet with a drink price list but no fridge inside. It genuinely made me question if Belgium has a severe problem arriving in the 21st century. Don't get me wrong - it was not dirty, nor was the bed uncomfortable. The whole room was just very antique and awkward to stay in. Perhaps I'm just a bit spoiled from bigger Hotels, or maybe it was just my room, but for the price I would have expected a bit more "standard" level equipment, to make the room a bit more welcoming and enjoyable. I guess if you only need it to stay over the night it's fine.

I'll be dead honest: apart from the friendlyness of the staff and the relative closeness to the public transport system, it was a rather modest experience. I will surely stay again, but only if I'm out of better options. Seriously, if you're not picky, I invite you to stay there and make your own experience. Even with all it's flaws, I remember the stay as being generally pleasant and flooded me with a certain nostalgia.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Only the saffron.

The hotel was a 3* while was worthy it for one. The walls were old, the rooms were smelly and was shocking the reality vs. Pictures online. On top of that, the price was over rated when it comes to the service. Sorry, but I will never go back!

Only the saffron.

Clean and comfortable low budget in Brussels-Avenue Louise

Street parking is extremely expensive. Best to come with public transport.

Perfect for one or two nights. Nothing over the top, but an honest and straightforward low budget hotel room that is clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

The staff was nice and accommodating.

The hotel is a little old and run down. It could definitely do with a lick of paint. It's quite cheap for Brussels I suppose though, so maybe it was to be expected. Bed was quite hard.

The staff was nice and accommodating. The Wi-Fi was down, but that was compensated by not having to pay for breakfast. Staff was more than willing to help me find my way around Brussels and explaining routes and public transport means. Location was pretty good too, located pretty centrally and very close to a bus station.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

A good location, but hotel quality not worthy of three stars! A hostel feel to the place.

The room was in a poor state i.e wallpaper peeling off, damp. The strong smell of weed throughout the hotel was off putting. I especially found puzzling the need to return the room key to reception, every time I left the building, even for a quick nip to the shops! Also, beware of how much they claim to charge online, and how much you actually pay upon arrival. Including city tax, other arbitrary costs were cheekily added!

A good location - very close to the Avenue Louise. The bed was relatively comfortable, and the staff were prompt to book me a taxi.

Never again!

The hygiene was horrible: dirty bedding and bathroom. Some parts of the walls were covered with fungus! Everything smelled from dust. The bed had bedbugs. This hotel should be closed! I would not recommend it at all, it is not worth the 3 stars. Moreover, it was far too expensive compared to the quality it provided!

EU area was closed by.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Terrible experience

It was more a nightmare than a hotel. The room smells very bad. A lot of noise. Imposible to sleep.

Terrible experience. Dirty, with very bad smell, old and with and with a lot of noise

the room was OK

Internet, my first request by choosing the hotel on booking.com did not work at all , we needed to go at the reception. The noise!! People on our room (26) were jumping or we don't know what, at 4 am some people came back and made a lot of noise, singing, knocking on the door etc....

the room was OK

I've stayed in much worse but I wouldn't recommend

-First room we were allocated stunk heavily of marijuana smoke! Staff moved us no quibble. -second room had a big crack running through the full length mirror and the wardrobe door was hanging off. -room was small and decor was old. - expensive for what it was, but then it was New Year's Eve... -mini-bar was not just empty it was missing (despite full price list on wall)

-Staff were very friendly and helpful. -reasonably central, easy travel to Eurostar terminal. -they provided baby cot free of charge

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Apparently cheap, but really old and worn-out room

Booked a non-smoking room, but got a smelly smoker's room. Reception lady tried to help but hotel was fully booked, so she couldn't do anything. Room interior was very old, and many things were worn out or broken-with-a-quick-fix. For example: TV was an old low-res CRT type, with a receiver that took 5 seconds each time to switch channels.

Good location. Apparently, for Brussels, the price I paid was rather low. The breakfast had some surprisingly tasty whole-wheat brown bread.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Great location, great staff - shame about the room!

We specifically asked for a double bed but instead we got a room with twin beds put together and a 3rd bed in the room which made the room feel cramped. It was difficult for us to sleep as a couple because the twin beds kept moving apart. It's disappointing when simple details in your booking are ignored.

The staff (both on arrival and departure) were faultless - very friendly people.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Poor

The smiles off the hall way and the room plus for covers of the bed and blanket too also for the value of the money it was really poor I wouldn't recommend any of my friends.

Need it new blanket

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

The staff is very polite, and the room was relatively big...

The hotel is oldish, especially the style of the room's garnish and the bed linen - more similar to what a two-star hotel looks like.

The staff is very polite, and the room was relatively big and rather bright. The Wi-Fi signal is good.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

More or less clean, good location, free wifi.

The hotel needs a serious refurbishment. Very old furniture. Terrible smell in the corridor. A bathroom curtain was very old, with lots of stains. Noisy at night.

More or less clean, good location, free wifi.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Nice location but need a serious restoration

-The obsolescence of the bathroom -Persistent odor probably coming from the carpet -hazardous operation of the lift

-The location but parking fees added -The size of the room

Bad place,please just take it from Booking.Is not a 3 stars hotel

I did not liked the room, very noisy (we can heard everything inside and outside of this hotel,smelling not good.Very old fashion and staff not frendly.

Just Horrible.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Not a 3 Star hotel at all.

This is not supposed to be 3 star hotel. 1 star hotel in UK are far more better than this 3 star hotel. The private parking is actually on the street. I believe booking.com must enquire about the rating of this hotel.

Staff

convenient for short stay, good location

no plugs to charge computer or mobile phones but the ones for the lamps

Good location, wifi working well

Staff are lovely, very kind,helpful

Dirty cover for the bed, curtains. smelly blankets. Extremely simple hotel. Can’t say that it’s worth for money.

Staff are lovely, very kind,helpful

always happy to come back

fantastic staff spacious room and bathroom

good business in Brussels

breakfast, or at least a coffee should be included in the room fare

the room was large and comfortable

Room was decent for the price we paid.

Room was decent for the price we paid. It was big. I'm pretty sure this would suit for families too. The hotel staff were friendly.

Quite decent.

Elevator didn't seem to go down. Bit of street noise from nearby bar.

Friendly staff, making bed and changing towels whilst gone,

Ok

Bed not so comfortable

A good hotel for the price.

Good room and a convenient location for getting around in Brussels.

It was good and great vlaue for money,

was a bit old fashioned, but reflected in price,

room is not sound proof.

room is not sound proof.

Hotel staff is very kind

Hotel staff is very kind

No possibility to prepare hot tea/coffee in the room.

friendly service, place serves a s a good home base when outside whole day

friendly service

flushing sounds from upstairs, sound from other rooms.

flushing sounds from upstairs, sound from other rooms.

Good base for Brussels.

Fantastic location

Near EU parliament working area

Overall not clean rooms. Lot of dust

Near EU parliament working area

Room is comfortable and bathroom is large

Breakfast is scarce and room price is too high in relation to overall quality

Room is comfortable and bathroom is large

Friendly staff, good service, clean rooms

loud noises at night

Friendly staff, good service, clean rooms

Fantastic

Could of done with better seating

The room & staff were great

Nice location, very cooperative staff

Washrooms had no exaust, rest it was all good

Nice location, very cooperative staff

Very disappointed for 200€ for a such discomfort hitel

Real value for money- spacious room, friendly and helpful staff and good location

A duvet during winter could be nicer than a thin woolen blanket

No place to park the car, had to park on the streets.

No place to park the car, had to park on the streets.

Very welcoming

Very welcoming , respect, good communication and reassurance.

Hotel parking was full on arrival, while I had availability...

Hotel parking was full on arrival, while I had availability confirmation per email

Friendly staff. Hotel well located.

Had to pay breakfast for an already high rate.

Simple breakfast not included in the booking.com rate.

amazing place

staff and location

Room was quite spacious, breakfast was fine for a reasonable...

Some of the hotel is a bit dated and could do with a make over

Room was quite spacious, breakfast was fine for a reasonable price

Ideal short stay near ave Louise

Quiet basic hotel near ave Louise. Staff very pleasant.

Only to have roof above your hed

Parking not available, rooms are in bad condition.

The lift

Better lift

The lift

Old smelly hotel

It's old dirty and ugly.. euro 200plus for 1 night.. not even euro 20 per night is worth.

The staff