Reviews of Hotel Bentley 2 stars

5.9

6.2

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

6.0
    I have no time to stay in the hotel, I only sleep at night.

More or less I like. BUT THE PRICE IS UP !

The room was good, even at the fifth floor. The location is far from my needs. The staff was kind. The price is OK.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Reasonably good place

I think we were charged bit extra. Ordered a taxi from a reception for a certain time in the morning and it never came so we had to just pick it up by ourselves. Got the feeling that there were some games happening. Everything else was fine.

Reasonably good location. Clean room. Bed was good. They do cleaning frequently if you allow. No visitors allowed in the rooms which gives you comfort. The air in the room was good. All the basics worked even though it is an old hotel.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

- Price

- Really bad locality - Non functional terminal for cards - Room not cleaned correctly - We skipped breakfest because they started 2 hours after correct time - Only one person from 4 which we met can speak english

- Price

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Bad experience

The room didn’t look like the photos, the door of the barroom and room window i could not close them, the smell of room is not good, totally it was a bad experience.

The staff was very helpful and friendly, the location was fine.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Fair

I did not like breakfast and the bed.

Breakfast is paid and very poor. I stayed there for 6 days and no one cleaned my room during that period. They have changed the towels though :) Bed was not comfortable at all.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

It was a good choice.

The room was clean, bed was comfortable and the hotel has a good lift. It was good value for money, I was also given a complimentary bottle of water upon arrival .

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Quite place although difficult to find at first but easy...

Shower room wasn't that good on the 1st night I have to report to the receptionist and a plumber came to repair. There was no plug to charge electronic gadgets by the bedside. I have to charge my tablet in the bathroom while my phone was charging behind the tv (Have to unplug the tv)

Quite place although difficult to find at first but easy transport access

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Avoid this hotel.

The bathroom was almos disgusting, like in a high-school dormitory. The tiles were painted with something which started to yome off. Yuk... The room was smoked and poorly ventillated, the walls are grey with dust and smoke. I needed to have an early breakfast. They said it is from 7 am, but I could not have it until 7:30. I could not get a coffee, though the staff found some time to smoke a cigar. They did not speak a very good English. When I asked for a coffee, I was told like 3 times how much should I pay for the breakfast - and I was charged twice. My entry card did not work, so I asked for some help. Instead of getting it replaced, I was showed how to use it -as if I was mentally retarded. It is okay to operate a cheap hotel and I am not suprised by getting very basic service for a low price. But come on... Be polite and treat your f.ing guests at least what they paid for.

I loved that I could be alone in my hostel room. There was heating and very strong wifi. The hotel is also located near the public transport. Altough the hotel is in a run-down district, the nearby streets are quite nice.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Relatively close to the centre, decent rooms, but too expensive for what it actually offers.

The furniture was very old, the bathroom facilities were poor and the widow frames were covered in mold.

The staff was nice and eager to help. The location has good public transportation connections.

A good hotel for a night - private bathroom for a good price

The room was not so clear. The noise cars made during night was annoying.

The hotel is close to the tram and bus station. We stayed at the property only one night, so was ok. The personal very amable.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Horrible hotel that charge as a hostel per person per room after you book a room.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

I booked a room here and once we arrived they charged us 3 times for the price of the room. The room was filthy there were dust and hair on the floor, the tiles were painted on the shower floor and they were peeling off which made disgusting to have a shower, there was no locks to secure your valuables once we asked for a lock the receptionist ask us to go and buy one in the center. After check out we ask if we can leave our little rucksacks there for a few hours and they asked us to pay €2 per rucksack. Not even a hostel ever ask this to me. I wouldn’t recommend this place at all.

Absolutely nothing, worst experience ever.

Dirty and smelling. The furnitures are broken. The room near the road was very noisy, besides that, Strang noise from inside, whose origin I couldn't judge out . I couldn't sleep the whole night. Next day, I changed to a quiter room.but still dirty. I found a bunch of hair on the pillow ....they should improve, why not?

They made us wait an hour before giving us our room, after...

They made us wait an hour before giving us our room, after check in time. They gave us a room without a key and made us wait 15 minutes to give us another room (which I had to ask for, after getting upset). Staff was flirty with my girlfriend. Staff took my bag and locked it in the room without a key, without asking me permission. Rooms weren’t very clean. Cleaning staff came into the room after check in, while we were getting changed, without permission. Bad neighborhood. Avoid at all costs.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

very basic stay and decent price

Noisy at night, especially my room was next to the сignboard of the hotel with a fluorescent lamp, loudly buzzing at night and broken window. Тhe equipment in the bathroom is semi-living.

Very basic hotel to stay. Located on a busy street, 20 min walk from the downtown and North train station. Really low priced. Clean enough.

1 night in Brussels

Further from the centre than we thought,but this is no problem as the bus service was a 2 minutes walk around the corner and this took you to the centre for €2.

The staff were very friendly we got a complementary drink 😁 they spoke good English and were willing to help us. The desk was on 24hr so coming home late wasn't an issue.

A terrible experience

The cleaniness is terrible.I and my family were bit a lot by some unknown bugs. The space is quite small. The wifi never works,but the host insisted it be OK. Then,it becomes our problem.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Great Acomodation

The bathroom is very small.

Shower is amazing, good bed, big room, nice staff, everything great!

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Price was cheap, room was clean enough and it wasn’t noisy...

The rooms are old like the building itself

Price was cheap, room was clean enough and it wasn’t noisy at night

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Short stay in Brussels

Wifi is disconnecting all the time. I think it should be fixed as soon as possible.

Personel is very helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

The room are spacious and the bad is comfy

The bathroom looks like a terror movie

The room are spacious and the bad is comfy

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

They had a tv.

The place is a bit messy and the towels were not clean.

They had a tv.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Our room next to the street was so noisy because there was...

Our room next to the street was so noisy because there was not a proper ventilation inside and we had to open window.

Worth it

The staff were really nice and helpful

Window not working, room not cleaned, dirty and old room.

Window not working, room not cleaned, dirty and old room. Shower not working correctly. No room service during our 2 night stay.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

the room was clean as was the rest of the hotel.

the window blind was in tatters: the description indicated a fridge - not one present: No safe: wardrobe sliding doors did not slide: wood floor had been patched badly work top was just that a kitchen type work top cut to length without any finishing. When booking I was given the impression that the hotel was 10 minutes away from the exhibition centre. actually 15 min walk to Metro followed by 15 minute metro ride. or 27 euros by taxi!! Bathroom lights did not work.

the room was clean as was the rest of the hotel. The bed linen crisp and the bed comfy.

• Reviewed: 25 April 2016

The room and bathroom are big enough, clean and nice.

The room and bathroom are big enough, clean and nice. Located near tram station. There is elevator which help for traveler with luggage. What I appreciate the most is the staff who is very helpful and friendly. A very recommended place to stay!

• Reviewed: 1 April 2016

the receptionist staff was so warm and friendly.

the receptionist staff was so warm and friendly. He answered all my questions patiently. The room and bathroom was so clean and i can entrusted my luggage after i checking out freely hihi. The location is about 1km, you can reach by walk from noordstation but the nearest way is to pass the red light area. but if you r not a budget traveller, you can take a public transportation.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2016

Passable.

I would say this is a Brothdel or a Motel... Full night sex marathon on all surrounding rooms, which rotates until 7am... Not soundproof... not good

Passable...

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

It was cheap.

Dirty, noisy environment. Lift was not working. City tax (although this is not the hotel's fault, I am highlighting it for the benefit of other tourists)

It was cheap. Comfortable bed. Helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

I had a problem getting into the hotel on the first day.

I had a problem getting into the hotel on the first day. I gave the staff very well notice and asked for a day refund. They were very rude and did not accept.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2016

We were OK with the location as it is about 45 min walk from...

Hotel is quite old and in bed shape. The bed is ridiculous. If you just move a bit, they can hear it all the way to Amsterdam. The shower cabin was leaking, so the entire bathroom was flooded. It remained like that for 3 days, as they only wiped a bit in the front. The cleanliness was fair...not good not too bad. It is very noisy area. You can hear the traffic outside and the noise from many rooms (the bed issue). All in all, if you manage to get it with some discount, it is manageable to stay for a night or 2, but it will not be my pick next time.

We were OK with the location as it is about 45 min walk from the centre. The price was fine since we managed to book when they had 50% discount, otherwise, the original price would be unreal. There is also cheep parking in the hotel, so it's convenient and also since we were there for the weekend, there was lots of free parking around. The receptionists were all good also. There are many good Turkish restaurants around.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2016

I had to pay more money upon arrival,a different price from the one on booking. No water offered, no tea available despite the cold winter. No toothbrush included. The staff speak very poor french and no word of english. Elevators doesn't work and nobody to help carry the luggage upstairs.Will never go back.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2015

There were at least two rooms around me where people were...

There were at least two rooms around me where people were having sex throughout the night. I think this may be used as a brothel and so I didn't come back the next day, even though I had already paid.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2015

location, comfort, cleaniless and facilities were know from...

as a no show (due to teh situation at Brussels) I asked for the invoice, which was only provided after several email interaction with staff, that was very reluctant to answer my requests

location, comfort, cleaniless and facilities were know from previous visits and rated accordingly

• Reviewed: 17 November 2015

Spacious room compared to other hotels.

The room could use a better lighting, I wouldn't be able to work there if I needed. Electric plugs only by one side of the bed. The Avenue Rogier is continuation of the Rue Rogier, which can lead to misunderstandings and bad situations.

Spacious room compared to other hotels. Comfortable bed. There are coat hangers, table, benches and a refrigerator. Good price.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2015

Appropriate cost of room in comparison to location and...

Staff speaking french only, (we came in evening ). noises on corridor through all night.

Appropriate cost of room in comparison to location and conditions.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2015

The receptionist can't speak English (but maybe I check-in in the midnight). The car park is full but the receptionist still ask us to pay 10euro and drive into the car park. Once we are in, there is another car blocking the way as the receptionist is still looking for parking space for them as well. The room is smelly and seems like there is someone smoking in the room although it is a non smoking room.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2015

- car park

- angry unhelpful staff - very old bedroom, bathroom no entertainment. - very low level of hygiene. - no extractor in bath & toilet. - generally not as described

- car park - close to city centre.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2015

Great location very near to trams and northern station.

A bit noisy road but wont bother much for a tired travelor.

Great location very near to trams and northern station. There are plenty of restaurants mostly halal turkish are around. Staff do not speak english but are helpful.room was clean but noisy a bit due to traffic on road. A little hot too. But rooms are big and comfortable.great value for price.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

The staffs were helpful.

The hotel was very old, tiny and located in a somewhat shady neighborhood. The facilities were horrid, you can see mold in tight corners around windows and edges. The floor was laminated wood which was nice and clean for the most part, except in front of the bathroom. Because of the constant moisture from the bathroom, the plies were warp and peeled. The bathroom was very bad also, -- just too old and outdated in general. The worst part out this is the fact that for a 2-star hotel (at least in my opinion), it costs the same as other 3-4 stars hotel in the city.

The staffs were helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2015

Hotel is 20 min.

Staff speaking usually only in French, two men speaks english. 2 of 3 nights was missing towels in bathroom :( 3rd night we got only 1 set of towels for 2 people. Rooms are little more "used" and you can hear anyone behind the walls at any time. Bed was comfortable.

Hotel is 20 min. from the city center, seems like ghetto location, but it's safe and with no problems. Tram, Bus - 100m, metro/trains ca. 1km (Brussel-Nord). Rooms are adequate to 2-star hotel including small bathroom. Half of staff doesn't speak english, but they was friendly. Very good wifi connection. In a little expensive Brussel town is that good value for money even the price correspond more with 3-star hotel.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2015

The staff was friendly and the comfort level of the room was...

Street-front rooms are very noisy with all the trams and trucks using the street. There's no AC so you have to open the window when it's warm out, so that's an uncomfortable combination. Location a bit far off from city center.

The staff was friendly and the comfort level of the room was quite alright

• Reviewed: 29 August 2015

Helpful staff.

Maybe just 500 metres too far away from tram stop to be in a really good position and half way up a steep hill. But still pretty central and these are minor complaints given the comfort and value it provides.

Helpful staff. Comfortable and spacious room, superb value for money.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

•Bed, WiFi

•No complimentary coffee •toilet in room broken had to take off toilet cistern cover to operate flush • a bottle of water I had asked to be kept in fridge was taken but no one seemed to know where it went •Can be a little noise at night (other residents etc •would advise people clarify the booking payment when making reservation

•Bed, WiFi •Location to Brussels centre •Lots of night shops...in case you need water. ..snacks or other stuff

• Reviewed: 20 August 2015

Wifi was better this time and more options on TV channels.

Don't expect any sleep at all if your room is facing the street like the one I was in, noise from the tram buses and cars all they long will drive you bunkers.

Wifi was better this time and more options on TV channels.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

-wifi

- the staff didn't speak a single word of english. this is unacceptable for a hotel. -the hotel was in a bad neighbourhood.

-wifi -cleanliness -comfort

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

The wifi connection was very good in our room, and breakfast...

Not in the best neighbourhood, close to Brussels North station but 25-30 minutes walk from the city centre.

The wifi connection was very good in our room, and breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2015

It was hotand there was no air conditioner.

No air conditioner. The bathroom was old and very small.

It was hotand there was no air conditioner. Staff are nice but the condition of the hotel was not very good.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2015

Close to tram stop.

Very rude and unfriendly man at reception. Strong smell of tobacco smoke in lobby and corridors.

Close to tram stop. Comfortable, clean and quiet room (not facing street).

• Reviewed: 28 June 2015

The staff is really helpful and trying to solve all your...

The staff is really helpful and trying to solve all your problems. The place of the Hotel is in a good part of Brussels. For this price, one can not find such a hotel in Brussels..

• Reviewed: 25 June 2015

The staff working at the hotel were very kind and...

unfortunately, my room's window gave out onto the Ave Rogier, including not only the traffic but more annoyingly some sort of a construction or repairs happening right in front. So, in the mornings it was difficult. If i had to stay in and focus on some work in the evening, then it was fine. I just had to close the window to avoid being distracted, and opened it for ventilation purposes when leaving.

The staff working at the hotel were very kind and accommodating. The guy at the front desk even nearly forced me to take his umbrella so I wouldn't get wet when going for a walk. I was touched by that.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2015

It was clean and breakfast was good.

Parking was very difficult to get into. No bedside lamps in rooms. One of the party had to move rooms twice because of faults - tap that wouldn't turn off, door that wouldn't lock. Staff with little to no English.

It was clean and breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2015

The staff was english speaking, the room was clean, they had...

They had a large backyard that could have been filled with tables and chairs and used for the tourists that might want to eat dinner/ have a coffee or just chill outside. Other than that, it was awesome.

The staff was english speaking, the room was clean, they had a new working elevator. The location was close to the city center, safe and very culturally diverse. They had working wifi and the staff was nice enough to help us with all our needs. We had a non smoking room with a view of the main street that was very pleasant. The price was also great for Brussels. We would definitely return.

• Reviewed: 11 June 2015

Bed sheets were clean

Very noisy, couldn't sleep. Hotel looks very neglected. Bathroom of non-smoking room smelled like a big ashtray. Shower was leaking water all over the bathroom floor. One person elevator! They charge you $10 for parking in person! Parking is unpaved, hard to roll your luggage to the hotel. From when we got there we thought we were at the wrong place... Looks like third world hotel. Not a nice area.

Bed sheets were clean

• Reviewed: 9 June 2015

- comfortable bed

- rude receptionist - English is not very common language to speak there (only one receptionist speaks average English) - the toilet in room nr 30 dosn't flush - WiFi is working only in the corridor and the main entrance - there was nothing to mop the floor after taking a shower (and believe me - I was impossible not to splush the water all over the floor)

- comfortable bed - clean bed sheets - quiet good localization

• Reviewed: 6 June 2015

Free wifi was good but only worked intermittently.

The room was very dirty as was the bathroom. New towels were left in the room, but old towels were not collected and the bed was only tidied not actually made each day.

Free wifi was good but only worked intermittently.

• Reviewed: 31 May 2015

Im very grateful for staying there.

Im very grateful for staying there. Everything was perfect, rooms are clean, wifi good, turkish breakfast delicious. I hope i can stay in there again...

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

It is close to public transportation and private parking is...

The hotel is not well maintained. The biggest problem is the noise in the room from the street. The bedding is not appropriate for the season as well.

It is close to public transportation and private parking is a plus.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2015

Cheap, lift, direct bus to the centre close by.

The room stank of cigarette smoke. We could hardly breathe and being on such a busy street leaving the window open meant we didn't get much sleep. Area is not one of the best; looks dodgy but is relatively safe.

Cheap, lift, direct bus to the centre close by.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2015

Location: not far from botanic garden and city center.

No air-conditioner in the room - we had to open window, car noise from the road all night long. Water from shower filled the whole bathroom

Location: not far from botanic garden and city center. Numerous night shops and cafes

• Reviewed: 5 May 2015

Not too far from the centre, late check in, staff were quite...

Very old, quite depressing colours of the interior, it was quite clean but did not smell fresh, because of very old furniture. We only stayed there for a short overnight sleep which did not give us time to be really fussy about it, and it was good for the purpose.

Not too far from the centre, late check in, staff were quite friendly

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

Bad location, bad staff, awful showers that flooded the room...

Bad location, bad staff, awful showers that flooded the room, terrible Ac, dirty and awful wifi. Was not worth the €100 euro at all. They also said that it would be €85 until I arrived and it was another €15 I was in India a month ago and the hotels were far better which should tell you something about this hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

There was free wifi and payed parking space available in the...

The room had a carpeted floor and seemed to have been a smokers room, and then laminate was layed on top of it. That did not change the smell of smoke. The bathroom was absolutely tiny, and had no air ventilation. There were hairs in our sink, when we arrived and there was no hair dryer. The water of the shower did not flow off at all and because there was only a tiny step (1.5cm), showering time was limited to 2 minutes before you flooded the bathroom. The elevator was mostly used by staff and not available and the stairs were narrow and you had to go through two doors each floor because of idiotic planning. The furniture of the room looked like it was taken from the trash with missing edges and ugly looks. In general I had the impression, that nobody has repaired or painted or renovated anything for the last ten to fifteen years. The heating had two settings: on or off, oven or freezer.

There was free wifi and payed parking space available in the backyard (10€ per night). There was a information desk in the lobby with flyers from lots of attractions in and around brussels, which was quite helpful. It was cheap. We did see a lot of Brussels because we did not stay in the hotel longer than necessary.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2015

English is spoken rather by young staff menbers, but the...

Some detail arrangements, even non-expensive, could be likely made to improve the stay like e.g. a table lamp - the room lighting was rather poor.

English is spoken rather by young staff menbers, but the staff was nice and helpful. The hotel is not far either from the centre or from Brussels North Station. Rooms with garden veiw are very quiet. Large table and good chair in the room. The hotel can be recommended and no matter that it is a bit of a Turkish style

• Reviewed: 23 March 2015

Close to the city center, hotel parking (but very small...

I am not too demanding but this hotel (room) was real disaster. Room was very dirty and was equipped with old and dirty furniture. Very stinky bathroom and exceptionally dirty and outdated. You can hear everything from another rooms as walls are very thin. They are announcing 350 TV channels but in fact have just 13 (and from 13 are 7 Arabic or Turkish).

Close to the city center, hotel parking (but very small entrance so it´s a bit problematic for bigger cars). Very kind receptionist but unfortunately didn´t speak english, wi- fi without problems

• Reviewed: 22 March 2015

Helpful and courteous staff-keen to help you at their best

Very noisy room, a bit of maintenance issue too-perhaps time for refurbishment of fittings and furniture in room. The room which I was in had cracked toilet seat, leaking tap, no lamp on side table, switches fixed to headend of bed were faulty and coming off.

Helpful and courteous staff-keen to help you at their best Shower was quite efficient and warm

• Reviewed: 17 March 2015

I paid 44€/ night and that is best hotel you can expect...

Near to tram stop. Clean and good . Best place for sightseeing people.

I paid 44€/ night and that is best hotel you can expect for that price. Staff was excellent

• Reviewed: 1 March 2015

Still thinking.

Lots of mold and humidity on the walls; suspicious stains on the mattress... And if you shower for more than 1min, the bathroom will flood...

Still thinking...

• Reviewed: 13 February 2015

well furnihed room including a trolly for keeping an open...

- the sink of the shower did not work properly, as a result the whole bathroom was floaded 2 cm high, it was not the first time, as the floor in front of bathroom confirmed - WiFi was rather slow, not even suited to use a Skype audio connection - parking lot costs extra

well furnihed room including a trolly for keeping an open suitcase

• Reviewed: 3 January 2015

It is so dirty and it smells like a big ashtray because all the staff were always smoking. The receptionist did not talk any word in English, just French.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

Clean rooms, comfortable beds.

Clean rooms, comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2016

Good balance betwen proce and standard.

bathroom is not realy clean and some stuffs can be repaired.

Good balance betwen proce and standard. Stuff - if speeks english is realy helpful

• Reviewed: 5 May 2016

+Good price

+nothing

+Good price +great location not too far to city centre +great staff +nice and clean rooms

• Reviewed: 1 May 2016

Very good to stay with reasonable price

Very good to stay with reasonable price

• Reviewed: 15 March 2016

The room was clean and confortable

The room was clean and confortable

There are also 14 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Bentley traveller photo gallery