Reviews of Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie 4 stars

#27 of 215 hotels in Brussels

Based on 1958 hotel reviews

Nice decor.
    • Classic Family Room

Breakfast price equivalent of dinner prices which is way too steep

Nice decor. Good bar with world cup football. Large room with adequate equipment. Pleasant service.

Excellent location and general hotel decor very good.
    • Classic Double Room

As frequent visitors to this hotel over many years when we have had excellent service and accommodation , we were extremely disappointed by this visit. We had chosen this hotel despite being more expensive than usual based on our knowledge that we knew we would get a comfortable room. However we were given the very small room next to the lift at the rear of the hotel with a small bathroom with just a basic shower and small toilet. As we were there for 3 nights, I did enquire the following day if it would be possible to upgrade if any bigger rooms became available and I was ‘told off’ by a member of staff for asking so late in the day and that I should have asked earlier in a very rude and impolite tone. A ‘sorry we are full’ and a smile would have been sufficient! Needless to say, a very disappointing stay and we will no doubt use an alternative hotel for our visit.

Excellent location and general hotel decor very good.

Location was close to good areas but still you need to...
    • Superior Room

Location was close to good areas but still you need to access to it by Metro or tram , breakfast was good but expensive , they upgrade our room to a bigger room when we check in

Fabulous stay in Brussels.
    • Classic Double Room

There was nothing I didn’t like.

The hotel was lovely and in a good location. Staff were extremely friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Every staff member I met was multi-lingual which helped no end. The bar was lovely, relaxing and well-appointed. The room was large and, again, extremely well-appointed. The location was handy for the old town, tram and metro station...but über is even handier!!!

A very enjoyable weekend.
    • Superior Room

There could have been a bit more drawer space

We were given a room upgrade on arrival and had our own sauna. Didn't use it though as the weather was excellent and very hot! The beds are very comfortable. We ate in the hotel restaurant one evening and the food was very good.

Not good
    • Classic Family Room

The smell throughout the hotel is horrible and very chemical, It is a sort of "air freshener" but it quite unpleasant. Also the music throughout all the public spaces was too loud, intrusive, and also extremely irritating. Annoying music that is too loud is a total turn-off, and when combined with the chemical smell, it means I would never return to this hotel, or any other Thon if I can avoid them.

Actually I didn't really like it.

good business hotel with spacious rooms and all comfort
    • Classic Double Room

poor facilities for breakfast. They charge over 20 Euro but do not count in that people on average do not have more than 10 minutes for breakfast before they need to run for their appointments. There was a nespresso machine in the room but I did not manage to make it work and despite of several inquiries with the reception did not get any response

good business hotel with spacious rooms and all comfort

It was fine
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast defiecint in milk product variety

Large volume window Servor (for electric resolution )very active when the air conditioner was not hot he brought me immediately a heator when i was so cold

Highly recommended!
    • Classic Double Room

Amaizing hotel! Staying in this hotel 2nd time. We had a room on the 10th floor with amaizing view! Breakfast is good, food variaty is enough.

Would visit again
    • Superior Room

Only the background noise of the plumbing or hearing or whatever it is that runs through the night

Quality of reception and bedroom. Spacious and clean

Perfect for location
    • Classic Family Room

Panels from the wall in our bedroom was coming out and it was dangerous as we had a 2 yr old with us. The staff in the room service gave us a lot of attitude coz we had asked for something out of the menu although we had only asked for boiled potatoes and white rice for our child. The kitchen staff on the other hand were very helpful and understood our situation. The hotel does not have many facilities like swimming pool, spa etc which you would expect from a 4 star hotel. But this is the reason the fare was reasonable.

Location was great

The breakfast was great with good variation of food and...
    • Classic Double Room

The recommendation of restaurant (ARK) was not very good. Other restaurants in the same street offered better food even at a lower cost.

The breakfast was great with good variation of food and drinks. I was unexpectedly upgraded to a bigger room which made it an excellent stay.

The best hotel in Brussels

Nothing needs improving

An exceptional hotel--friendly staff, comfortable rooms and an unbeatable location on Avenue Louise. The best place to stay in Brussels.

Everything - very spacious room, friendly staff, fast Wifi...
    • Classic Double Room

Check out - the staff messed up the bill a bit so need some time to sort out. Also the lift is a bit small

Everything - very spacious room, friendly staff, fast Wifi speed, clean room, nice room temperature and excellent location

Throughly enjoyed my time and would come back again.
    • Classic Family Room

One would expect more options at a breakfast buffet, for 14.50€ per person. Also, often times the food label cards were misplaced. The fruit and vegetable options can definitely be improved! Where are the olives, carrots, strawberries, and melons? I would have also expected more vegetarian options - vegetarian sausages or bacon or even beef/turkey bacon. In regards to the room, it was good. However, the sofa bed was oftentimes unstable and sometimes it felt like I was being swallowed. Also, there was no blanket available so I had to order one. The bathroom was split in two, and the toilet was very annoying. Anytime I sat on it, it would squeak and move slightly. Also, a funny thing was that the bidet was not in the same place as the toilet, but rather with the shower - which is really odd! Another thing is, it was clearly stated that 3 people were staying in this room. So, why were only 2 of everything provided (2 water bottles, 2 mugs, 2 tea bags, etc!)?

The breakfast buffet offered was great - we especially enjoyed the fresh juices. The room was nice, good for three people. Great location, walking distance to several shops and metro station.

I couldn’t imagine that it is possible - so nice, clean,...
    • Classic Double Room

I couldn’t imagine that it is possible - so nice, clean, modern, room with a beautiful view and terrace. With more than I would need during my stay. I have enjoyed the bath and have slept well. For the breakfast I recommend to plan at least 30 min to enjoy everything they offer, even fresh juices and smoothies. Excellent. Thank you.

Affordable luxury on Avenue Louise, near shopping and public transportation.
    • Classic Family Room

Very large room and bathroom, well-appointed with all the necessary amenities, luxurious linen and comfortable bed. The room was clean, neat and quiet. We didn't eat in the restaurant but ordered room service and the food was delicious.

One of the best Hotels I have visited, they gave me a big room with bright nice Summer colors!
    • Classic Family Room

Very big rooms win Queen bed, Bed-Sofa and Tabel with 2 chairs. Very friendly and helpful Stuff they clean the room very well. very clean and bright and the Hotel has colorful Summer colors!

Always coming back for the big, comfy rooms.
    • Classic Double Room

Just a minor point: Finding scales in the bathroom was a nice surprise, but the battery was empty and was not renewed even after pointing it out to the staff.

Always coming back for the big, comfy rooms.

Very comfortable (got upgraded to a business room) and clean.
    • Classic Double Room

Lacks a bit in character. Location was ideal for my purposes but wouldn't be for everyone due to distance from "centre" and EU quarter.

Very comfortable (got upgraded to a business room) and clean. Staff at reception were pretty helpful.

Value for money
    • Classic Double Room

The corridors looked at bit of old-fashioned

Spacious room.Amazing views.Great breakfast. Healthy options available variety of smoothies and superfoods

Would book again
    • Classic Family Room

Location. - 10 mins walk away from the metro...

Very friendly staff who took my requests into consideration. Clean and nicely decorated hotel. Breakfast was excellent

Spacious, comfortable room.
    • Classic Double Room

I'd say the bathroom is up for renovation. Also, the door handle to the separate toilet was very loose and felt like it would come apart and you'd end up being trapped. Asked it to be fixed, but nothing changed.

Spacious, comfortable room. Good breakfast with a wide selection (but I still think the price is ludicrous).

City break
    • Classic Double Room

Lovely hotel, clean and friendly staff. We were upgraded free of charge to a superior room on arrival. Lovely location on Louise Avenue but a short metro ride to the city centre.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Overall, good value for money
    • Classic Double Room

The toilet was a little cramped and not in the bathroom! The Hamburger available on room service was not available to buy on the main restaurant menu. There was some dust in places and cobwebs in corners.

The room was massive, the bed was comfortable, there was a nice smell to the room everytime we walked into the room.

Very high standard hotel at Louisa
    • Classic Double Room

Nothing really. However the breakfast is very expensive if not included in the room rate.

High standard on everything in the room. Very clean and fresh. Large room and bathroom. Excellent comfort from all aspects. The room i had was towards the back street, no traffic but no view either.

Pleasently relaxing
    • Superior Room

The breakfast is expensive and the restaurant where it is served has low ratings on google, so it didnt encourage me to order breakfast there.

The bed was huge and very comfortable. The room was very large compared to other hotels in Brussels, I like that there was a seperate shower and a bathtub both within the same bathroom. The room was very clean.

Great hotel, room and location - lousy room service.
    • Superior Room

I needed to wait 1,5 hours for the room service (a pizza!) during the evening. When I called, they said it would take 30 minutes. After 60 minutes, I called reception, that told me that it was on its way. In 90 minutes - I called again - and was not happy. Then she asked if I still wanted the pizza. Duh - of course. I got it some minutes later - cold - and without the beverage I had ordered, so I needed to wait extra 10 minutes for that to arrive. Honestly - if you do have room service - have it within 30-40 minutes - or let the client know that it is going to be belated. I was working during the evening at the hotel and ordered room services to save time. Next time I will not. The hotel didn't charge it on the bill, which was good. However, I am still not content with that service - at all.

The room is wonderful. The bar is nice during the evening. Great food both at the restaurant and good breakfast.

Very Nice
    • Classic Double Room

Nice staying and good location with comfortable bed, also nice atmosphere and decoration Ulviyya in the front disk at the reception was so helpful and so understanding.

The hotel was an excellent base for my trip with friendly, helpful staff
    • Classic Double Room

Didn't use the mini-bar because of the prices.

Breakfast buffet really good with plenty of choice. Room very comfortable though a little too warm at times. I think it is a great idea to put an ironing board and iron in the room, so handy to be able to quickly creases. I also liked the 'green' option of a 5euro voucher in exchange for not having the room done that day.

Not happy in a time of great stress.
    • Classic Family Room

This is not a real reflection on the Hotel just on their booking procedures. I had 2 rooms booked. During my travels my Father died and I had to return home. The hotel would not accept a refund a cancellation of 1 of the rooms as they were prepaid. even though there was 7 days notice. Then when my travelling companion arrived they were not going to let him stay in the prepaid room because his name wasn't on the booking. I must say that the people at booking.com were very helpful when they heard of my plight and are working now to try and get a favourable solution.

Pampered ad relaxed
    • Classic Double Room

Hotel (private) parking solution is quite expensive: 15 euros per day. Although the nearest free (public) parking spot is 800 mt far away.

Very spacious rooms (both the standard and the superior categories). Cleaning is super! The staff is very polite and always helping. Breakfast is one of the best I ever had in an hotel in Belgium. Lcation of the hotel is perfect both for turistic and business porpouses.

Excellent hotel but latest visit not as good as previous stays.
    • Classic Double Room

This was my fourth/fifth stay in this hotel since 2015. I have always been on the third floor overlooking Ave. Louise but my most recent stay was on Floor 10. The noise proofing in that room (1004) with adjoining room was not good. I could hear everything next door (there as an adjoining door). The Wifi was also unreliable in this room (this may have been my laptop). I would hope to be back on a lower floor overlooking Louise when I return in Dec 2017.

Staff, comfort and location were perfect for me.

The room was very clean.
    • Superior Room

The room was very clean. But for the sauna we could not get robe or slippers, we were suggested to go to the saunas through the halls and lift in towel and barefoot !! sauna was clean, but no extra towels or water apparatus. Since we could not go to the Garage due to the failure of the garage door, we were looking for a breakfast even though it was not included in the room price, since we were late for their next meeting. Get it, but of course with a bargain at the reception desk. With slight modifications, guests would be much more satisfied.

This is a great hotel, which is conveniently located.
    • Classic Family Room

One gripe and some advice for prospective guests: at the time of booking with booking.com, I was offered breakfast at €27 per person per night, which I thought was expensive. When we checked in, front desk staff informed us that breakfast was €15 per person per night, a much more reasonable price and a considerable saving.

Our stay was excellent. The hotel is conveniently located and our room was extremely spacious, well equipped and clean. The beds were very comfortable. Staff met my request for a quiet room, too.

Good hotel. Great location.
    • Classic Double Room

The gym on the ground floor is too basic and not really worth the visit. The prices are high.

The staff are super-helpful. The location is great. The Breakfast is super. The rooms are a bit weathered but ok, they are big and the view to Av. Louise is great! The dinner is also very good.

Location, and Breakfast.
    • Classic Family Room

The hotel has two sections. We had booked a family room in our previous stay there and were accommodated in a nice spacious room. This time we made exactly the same booking but we were accommodated in the back building in a much smaller room, with smaller beds and bathroom not in line with rest of hotel category. The hotel explained that all family rooms are in the rear building, and that last time we had an "upgrade", which we were not aware of and would have made a different arrangement had we known that. Most of the staff members are very friendly, and helpful, but a couple of them not as much.

Location, and Breakfast.

Memorable stay!
    • Superior Room

The expensive price and the lack of the choice of food of the room service menu. Even delivered food was cheaper than a dessert.

I am a wheelchair user and I loved how accessible the hotel was. The room was large and easy to move the chair but the step into the bathroom was a bit troublesome. The staff were extremely friendly when I told them the problem and would make changes to the property in the future.

Good value for money , excluding breakfast , which is very expensive no matter what may offer.
    • Superior Room

We asked for a rear of slippers and they answered that it costs 5 euros if not in business class room. We were in superior.

Convenient and clear room , helpful staff . Access to the city centre and sightseeings easy.

LOCATION
    • Superior Room

old-fashioned hotel . the room not suitable for family with children , no privacy for parents at all over charge for baby cage when there was 2 parents+baby . bathrooms are old with broken ceramics

LOCATION

Great location and fab hotel
    • Classic Double Room

Nothing- excellent value and location

Spotlessly clean room, beautiful balcony and comfy bed. The staff were very helpful and the bar was an added bonus with excellent value

Comfortable and pleasant short stay
    • Superior Room

However we found hairs in the tub and in the corners as well as a big bundle of hair under the table. The drain in the shower had a really foul smell and very strong at times. We had our child with us so didn't want to fuss but in normal conditions I would have asked to change rooms.

The room was spacious, the bed and furniture were comfortable. The room decor was really nice, and modern. The staff was friendly, the breakfast was varied and very good. So apart from the hairs found and the drain we had a lovely stay.

A very pleasant and comfortable stay.
    • Classic Family Room

An excellent location. T he front rooms have a lovely outlook onto Louise avenue and are spacious, very clean and well well appointed . The Staff are very pleasant and helpful. There is just one small lift still as the other one was not working and wasn' when I was there seven months ago at Christmas. Otherwise it is an excellent place to say at in Bruxelles.

Large rooms
    • Classic Double Room

The poor man who answers the phone for room service seems to be under horrible working pressure. He sounds rushed and unfriendly. The last day I walked into the kitchen to make my order directly to avoid another unpleasant phone conversation. All other staff very friendly.

Large rooms

the presence of 2 separate bathrooms is quite convenient,...
    • Classic Family Room

on the 02.09.17 at dawn, the fire alarm went on for an hour. It frightened us and we could not sleep back.. we had our flight back home in the afternoon so it was a very difficult day. The cleaning lady entered twice the room without knocking at the door, while we were in. She used to forget to put sachets for baskets, the 5 euro ticket under the door, also she forgot sometimes to put shampoo and shower gel. Although we were 3 in a family room, we had the share of 1 for those kind of washing material. I hope there was a knif, fork beside the glass. there were little hangers

the presence of 2 separate bathrooms is quite convenient, The room is vast and there is a lot of space. the windows are very nice with very good curtains that really effectively block the light. Beds are comfy and so is the sofa bed.

Location, spacious room for family, clean
    • Classic Family Room

No hoovering on carpet everyday, linen was not changed for 3days, when request towels always asked for the reasons,

Location, spacious room for family, clean

Lovely hotel, excellent location and superb room.
    • Superior Room

Due to one of the lifts being refurbished, there were often long waits to go downstairs/upstairs. We had to carry our suitcases down 8 floors as we had been waiting for 15 minutes to get an available lift.

The room was enormous. The largest city centre hotel room I've experienced. The bathroom was large and modern, with a powerful shower. The room was also light and airy, with A/C that worked wonders.

Good room, good breakfast
    • Classic Double Room

Staff behind the welcomedesk should be able to speak at least a few words Dutch. And if you do sinage in Dutch, please have someone check it. The info on the elevator doors was very bad Dutch and thus looked very unprofessional

Good room, good breakfast

Great stay at Thon
    • Superior Room

It's overpriced a bit, but if you got good discount, do not wait to book it.

Thon is a high standards hotel with very welcoming staff, great interiors and large comfortable rooms. Large king size bed was so soft and comfortable. Our room view was to inner court, so there was no street noises at all. Parking is public near the hotel on the street, it's free from 18 to 9 or so. Free macs in the lobby with web access so you can browse something or print your boarding passes. Free wifi.

Spacious, modern rooms!
    • Superior Room

One elevator was down when we visited, and they were small, so sometimes we did have to wait before we could get in.

The room and bathroom were very spacious and modern. The bath salts were a nice touch! The staff were very friendly and helpful.

bath tab not closed well, back side building.
    • Classic Double Room

bath tab not closed well, back side building. last time we had electricity problems and had to wait 1h in a dark room. they must renewal back side building.

i would love to be their again, good blace and close to all what you need ( walking distance)
    • Classic Double Room

they had a construction/ or maintenance without good notification also even I'm in 10th floor, ants is restrict my stay at balcony

good please for pleasure

Greetings;
    • Classic Double Room

I have stay in several Hotels in Brussels; so Stephanie is one of the best Hotels.

Greetings; Thon Hotel Stephanie is located in the heart of the city. The Hotel is clean and has a good customer services. I loved everything they Breakfast, quiet.. A pleasant day to you all.

Bed very comfortable, helpful staff, excellent location,...
    • Classic Double Room

The salsa part on Friday evening with extremely loud music coming all the way to my room on the 1st floor was a big minus. The hotel should take into account the guests who work the whole week and whose wish is to have a good night sleep on Friday, which is impossible with the music until almost 02h00 am.

Bed very comfortable, helpful staff, excellent location, good restaurant.

A great hotel, in a good location, reasonably priced.
    • Classic Family Room

A great hotel, in a good location, reasonably priced. Staff were friendly and rooms were clean. We did just treat it as a place to get our heads down as we were out exploring from morning til night but the hotel has a lot more to offer.

My room was quiet and the bed comfortable.
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast and minibar should be cheaper

My room was quiet and the bed comfortable. Breakfast was not included and costed 15 euro pr day. Minbar expensive (small water 4.50 Euro)

Nice upmarket hotel in great location
    • Superior Room

We didn't go for the very expensive breakfast! Checkout was slow, they could introduce an express checkout.

Fabulous room. We got a last-minute bargain so also cheap!

First time in Belgium
    • Classic Family Room

Was slightly further out of the city, so a taxi was needed to get back from a night out

Decor was fab, and had plenty facilities, staff spoke excellent english and they have a suitcase service so you don't have to haul your luggage around all day

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Spacious rooms. Great location!
    • Classic Family Room

Elevators were too small for our buggy, so we struggled a bit.

Great location. Surprisingly spacious rooms. Parking area under the hotel at €15/24hrs. Great value for money and the kids loved it!

It makes me think again if I'll ever stay in a hotel again! Pretty disgusting
    • Classic Family Room

When we arrived, the mattress on the sofa bed had a big blood stain. We asked to get it changed and was told it would be done soon. When we arrived at mid night it wasn't changed and I had to ask again. Someone came to the bedroom and turned the mattress over. It was a disgusting sight.

It was a nice bed and friendly staff.

Staff were very helpful, very clean room, would definitely...
    • Classic Family Room

The room smelled of smoke and it was towards the Main Street so it was very noisy at night

Staff were very helpful, very clean room, would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Birthday stay with group of friends
    • Superior Room

Perfect location ! Close to all the shops, bakeries restaurants and bars ! Not noisy at all and very huge rooms with comfortable beds and big bathrooms ! Left the room at 12h45 and didn't get charged extra - kind staff !

nice big spacious bedrooms and bathrooms
    • Classic Double Room

friday night the music wemìnt too late...till 2am and i could hear it from my room on the 3rd floor,music was on ground floor.

nice big spacious bedrooms and bathrooms

Recommendable
    • Classic Double Room

I've booked a double room and we had two single beds, I was expecting one double bed.

The room was spacious and we even have a sauna inside. The hotel is located in a nice street full of shops and the parking is just in the corner. The breakfast was really good- lot of choice !

• Superior Room

The reception staff were not helpful or friendly. We asked for help on how to get to places and were not pleased with the attitude of the member of staff. The bar prices were very expensive.

Excellent!!!
    • Classic Family Room

Good location, very close to a tram stop, which drives you to the touristic main attractions in a few minutes. The breakfast was magnificent! You can eat different sort of fruits, yogurt, cereals, as well as well as eggs, bacon, beans, mushrooms, sausages, hams, cheeses, jams, and still choose from a diverse multiple choices of breads. It really worth! We used the parking area of the hotel, and although it is payed, it was quite good. The room spacious and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

I had a very pleasant room on the 10th floor with views over...
    • Classic Double Room

The one thing was the way the electrics work - you have to flick a switch by the bed to turn on the power, but that wasn't at all obvious to me (especially given that the bed was quite far from the entrance of the room, so tricky in the dark!) - so I had to call reception to get my lights turned on. Apart from that, it was all good.

I had a very pleasant room on the 10th floor with views over Brussels, and a huge balcony, which was nice! It was more like a suite than a room - I'm guessing I got lucky. Very clean and spacious. Breakfast was a buffet, and there was a very wide range of foods.

Enjoyed of our staying, were happy with evrrything, the room...
    • Classic Family Room

Enjoyed of our staying, were happy with evrrything, the room was big, nice modern design, comfortable and clean. The breakfas was excellent, the staff was polite and friendly. The great, porsh hotel. Will back again with big pleasure. Thanks a lot.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Very friendly staff, good breakfast, spacious room and comfortable bed.
    • Classic Family Room

* Very loud door (when closing in other rooms at the same level) and elevator (despite the fact that my room was third from the elevator, so quite far away) * Bathroom- major renovation is recommended

* Very friendly staff - I was offered a welcome drink during check-in * Nice location - 20 min from the EU area on foot * Big and comfortable bed and spacious room * Good breakfast * TV with news channels from around the world (including Poland)

What a lovely place!
    • Superior Room

I thought it was weird to have a double room with 2 single beds instead of a queen/king bed.

The room was very very nice, clean and big. The bathroom with the bathtub was super! The terrace was also a lovely extra!

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Very nice and helpful people in the reception.
    • Superior Room

The heating was on air, and did not work properly. They offer us a new room :)

Very nice and helpful people in the reception. Very good, nice shopping area location. We have walked to the center of the city.

Location was very good, property was clean, restaurant very...
    • Classic Double Room

Extremely noisy elevators, constant noise from closing apartment and elevator doors. Cleaning ladies start making a lot of noise very early in the morning and all the way into late evening.

Location was very good, property was clean, restaurant very nice and concierge very polite.

Big room with very large and comfortable bed
    • Superior Room

The music from the bar on Friday night was reaching our room, right on top of it. The reception offered us to move to a more quiet room.

Big room with very large and comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

A Perfect and Flawless hotel. Great stay.
    • Superior Room

nothing whatsoever, a perfect hotel. The only thing I will say here is that I actually got a very good rate for the room through a flash deal that was on booking.com at the time I booked. Usually the hotel would be much more expensive so for me this was great value for money, but for example if it was double the price I paid (as it could be if it was not for the deal I got), maybe the value for money would be less. But nonetheless I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Brussels.

I had a perfect stay at this hotel. Location is great, walking distance from everywhere. The room was huge, clean and comfy, with very modern and well maintained furniture with plenty of space. The bathroom was immaculate with toiletries and towels and good water pressure. The room was also very bright and quiet, which is very important to me. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. All in all a great stay.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Reasonable and comfortable for the family, if you are not expecting luxuries.
    • Classic Family Room

Some facilities in the room not working. Not too clean and the plumbing in the toilet appalling.

Large room. Not too far from the center and all attractions. Easy access to transport.

Browse Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie traveller photo gallery