Reviews of Budget Flats Brussels

#193 of 232 Holiday rentals in Brussels

Based on 623 apartment reviews

6.2

• Family Studio (4 Adults)

The shower door doesn't close well anymore so the bathroom floor floods. A mop would have been a good utility. No shower gel either. No bidet :(

Bonus: Mila the dogette is very sweet and playful. She belongs to the landlord and she is just lovely. Room was perfect, complete necessities. The kitchen looked clean and well maintained. Coffee was very good. Room was clean. Beds were comfy. Neighborhood was quiet The room key was very convenient to claim. Instructions were easy to follow.

• Twin Studio

The kitchen doesn't have good equipments, for me was ok because I didn't use the kitchen. The location is not the best one but is easy to take bus (Brussels has a good public transport sistem). For the price is AMAZING!

The room is clean, spacious and confortable. You can find a microwave and a small freezer in the room. It's easy to make the check in and check out. I had a perfect time there. It was the best space I was in my trip.

• Family Studio (4 Adults)

I did not like the room disposition. i would prefer have a flat with Adults room separated to children. They should also have the provision of cooling fan as the temperature was extremely hot.

i liked the location.

I didn't like the maggots that I found in the kettle and the electricity sockets that were coming out of the wall - health and safety needs to be immediately looked at. I also saw a distasteful image of Jeremy Corbyn - the UK Labour Party leader in the hallway of the hotel, it was an odd image surrounded by words of negativity. We came as a Labour UK group and it wasn't great to be greated with something like that.

I liked the hotel dog that was on our balcony. I liked what the property looked like from the outside.

• Twin Studio

Some broken staff at room 101. It would be nice to fix tap for cold water. Bathroom door frame was wooden after some damage. Feeling could be much more better if they take care more about room equipment.

Nice price. Coffee and tea at room. You can drink it at balcony.

• Family Apartment (6 Adults)

I booked this property in last minute. - Cigrates smells while entering - Old ancient building - Wifi not works - Electric cables, plugs not safety - Rooms smells bad - Kitchen was totally ZERO - Broken grill machine - Toilet doesn't have lock - The photos in the booking.com was not real

• Studio

Water supply got cut off through the stay. No water for almost half the day yet nobody from the management informed. Emailed to the manager and complaints department but no response until 7 hours later. Not a single word of apology or offer to provide alternative plans. Completely unacceptable. I checked out early and booked another place to stay. Room was also extremely stuffy with no ventilation. The room faces the west sun and it got so heated up like a sauna in the afternoons and evenings. The balcony in the room is a common one. No privacy as your neighbours can have access to your area. We had to open the balcony as the room had very poor ventilation. Other guests were happily smoking and smoke often came into our room despite being a non smoking property. Lobby reeked of cigarettes although property claims to be non smoking. Really dodgy and unpleasant. Sad to say, please think twice before booking this property.

Check in instructions were clear and free street parking.

• Large Twin Studio

We arrived early in the morning and checkin was not until 4pm witch meant we had 8 hours to kill and no where safe to leave any of our bags, On the good side our host managed to get our room ready early and we got our room keys around 1pm. It was also abit uncomfortable that the door to our room was in reception. So there were times that people waiting in reception were watchin you come and go and could see into your room when you open the door.

Our host was a very lovely man very helpful, we were surprised how big our room was and even had its own little kitchen. Unfortunately no cooking equipment provided witch didn't make sense to us ? No pot, pan, wooden spoon nothing. But thankfully the host did let us borrow one of his own pots one of the days.

• Studio

There was a party in a room. It was such a big noise, the whole floor was shaking because they were dancing. Because it was saturday we cannot ask anybody at the hotel to stop it, there are no reception. Me and another guest tried to call the manager but nobody answered the phone so went up to the room and try to speak with the drunk men. I havent slept well. The hotel is 25minutes ride from the center.

1. on the booking.nl photos, i have expected a bigger room with some sitting bank. but NOT true. 2. the beds are bad quality: sort of foldable frame which is small than the mattress, head lying lower than feet... 3. too small room for the price and the location 4. shower pit not working well. standing in the 'water pool' with dirty shower water

the host is very friendly. parking is easy and free.

• Family Apartment (6 Adults)

comparing to when I was there a year ago load of facilities was removed I struggled to cook as there was only 1 big pot in my room not on very good condition to cook for 5 peoples ,no kitchen knife (generally not good kitchen items) and there was a mousse in the kitchen twice eat our bread that we have to put in the bin .have single beds only even for the parent 's room.

large room , easy to find the location

• Family Studio (4 Adults)

There was no stuff at night for checking anyway it was not so hard to get in but we did not have any soap in the room and wifi password was not written anywhere in the hotel so we had to wait until morning to use internet.

• Twin Studio

There was no soap in bathroom and we don't understand how to change the trash bin. Bad wi-fi connection

Clean room with practically all needable staff

• Twin Studio

I was expecting some hygiene products in bathroom, to my surprise there was nothing, not even hand wash was there. I feel the least they could keep is the hand wash and a shampoo.

Though the house was small, but was comfortable.

• Twin Studio

When we arrived and checked in, we found that the room hadn't been cleaned. However this was rectified immediately by the manager, who asked us to go for dinner first. When we got back he had cleaned the room and all was well.

We drove to Brussels and parking was easy and free in front of the flats. The manager was very nice and helpful.

• Family Apartment (6 Adults)

Dirty sheets, wet floors from open windows. One wet bed, unusable. Lack of staff of site for help with these immediate issues. Broken shower. Unfinished decor. Hearing only in bathroom, not bedrooms. Noisy water tank audible all night.

Size of rooms

• Studio (1 Adult)

The first night I could not sleep due to many fleas/bugs that stungged and irritated me, a severe situation which compelled the hotel manager to spray the place. Secondly there was no Wi Fi at all during the 3 nights that I stayed there, contrary to the commitment of the hotel and despite the empty promisses of the manager.Thirdly, there were no pieces of soap and shampoo on the first day, that forced me to compain anout all of these before the manager

Spacious room, free parking in the streets nearby the flat.

• Studio (1 Adult)

The locals very aggressive and rude. Nearby town cafes a lot of near misses with conflicts..lots of single guys with anger problems. Very dangerous at night.

The manager was pleasant and spoke exellent English.

• Family Studio (4 Adults)

People in the room beside us made noise till 4:15 am!!!!! Under us in de garden who talked Spanish till 2 am!!! No way that i come once more there...

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Twin Studio

I had room 102. It supposed to be a smoke free but the room was drained with the smell of sigarettes. Further more there a dirty smell coming from the toilet as well as the shower. When people would cook, the smell came all the way up to the room. The hallways are smelly and warm. After a dzy at work, i found the door of the rereas open.. While I didnt open it zt all that day .. after 4 horrible noghts I gave uo and left 3days earlier..

It was horrible

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Family Studio (4 Adults)

Lift not working on check out day... we had to carry our luggage down.. thank God it was working on the 1st day when we checked in.

Nice room for family. There was a microwave oven with kettle and a dining table with complete cups and dish. Excellent set up and spacious. We loved the garden at the back as well.

• Twin Studio

It was all OK really. Except for the Saturday night. VERY loud party above my room went for hours. NOT HAPPY about that.

Bed was comfortable but no English language TV. Wifi code not in evidence so 2 days without it till the Monday. After I got used to the location and with the help of the manager (only available Mon-Fri) easy to find my way around Brussels.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Twin Studio

For the money it's hard to be critical. It's basic.

The Location was very near to where we were working (Anderlecht FC). Very good value for money if all you need is a bed for a few hours.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Studio

The rooms could be more insulated as in the Night-Time you can hear other people staying there and some of the people are doing personal business

Stefan the guy who manages the place was very helpful and he spoke five different languages and assisted me when I lost my keys to my hotel room at 3 a.m. in the morning

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

• Twin Studio

To start with, it is not an apart hotel, but a converted senior home or something similar, with individual rooms, hospital bed size doors and corridor. No kitchen, no living room, etc. There are no cockroaches nor leaks, but the general condition of the rooms and the equipment are entirely sub-standard and depressing. Including the smell of the cleaning product. The facility doesn't seem to host mainly tourists. It is hell compared to a real aparthotel booked in Brussels for the same price. Worst experience with booking ever. It shouldn't even be listed.

We liked nothing, really.

• Family Apartment (6 Adults)

Only the one shower in the room had warm water. The shower was overflowing fairly quickly. Couldn't get the central heating to work. The one bed tipped when we it was sat on at the head side. a Bit far from Brussels midi station, about 10 minutes with a cab.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Wifi was a big plus, we did get what we paid for.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Studio

We sent request for express checking-in, but no response whatsoever. When no staff was there and emergency number was not answered, one kind traveler helped us get into the building and open the safe to get key for our room. Until now I still cannot believe how could this happen. BTW, the room facing the street is not sound-proof at all, it is impossible to have a good sleep. At last, there is no hair-dryer as well.

You can park in front of the hotel. WARNING: The Westland shopping recommended by the hotel is not free-parking anymore. It is 15 euros over night. The room is clean and big enough.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Family Apartment (6 Adults)

Front desk peson should stay at Front desk. After check in, around 18:00 or later I could not find him anymore, and no bell, no phone. When I need him, he was not there:(

Good deal as replacement of studio room

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Family Studio (4 Adults)

Rooms were completely different from the website. I wonder if pictures used were not taken from another hotel. Very dirty bedroom...poor comfort

• Large Twin Studio

Internet not brill. Shower needed fixing.

Great location & value

• Twin Studio

There was no hot water and no soap, internet was really very bad and i was biten by some insects in the bed during my sleep

Nothink

• Studio (1 Adult)

It’s little bit far from city centre but manageable

The manager super helpful. He give you all information you need while you are there 😀😊

• Studio (1 Adult)

The manager was extremly helpful to this first time visitor to Brussels

• Large Twin Studio

Completely far from the where all the touristic points are, i.e. grand central.

Great value for money.

• Large Twin Studio

The price diring Seafood Days in Brussels.

Ther quiet room overlooking the garden.

• Studio

A bit of maintenance would help a lot.

Self check in is great

• Studio

the kitchen needs to be stock with new cooking utensilss

• Studio

Room and comfort and convenience

• Twin Studio

Room ent bed no good no tv connextion i lot of noice durty

• Large Twin Studio

No power point for the microwave

• Studio

Bed linen were not clean. Hearing does not function properly. Wifi not all times reachable.

• Twin Studio

The bed was ok, but a little "springy".

Noisy neighbors

Everything was good

• Twin Studio

I needed to wait because someone change my keys

Big and clean

• Studio

Horrible place with bed bugs

• Twin Studio

Far from the center, broken tap

Quiet district, nice location in general.

• Studio

the kettle in the room was very dirty, which made it unusable...

nice neighbourhood, good option for a limited budget

• Studio

Very noisy - both inside and outside (main road)

Low price

heating to hot

allofit

No cmmnt

• Twin Studio

Bathroom needs to be more aired out.

Very cozy place. Beds are comfortable and no issues with any of the facilities.

• Studio (1 Adult)

i made a reservation for 9 days but stayed only 3 days i found on the bed bed bugs.

• Twin Studio

broken beds, bad wifi signal, not good placement, no soap/shampoo in the bathroom, dirty dishes in the room, dirty kitchen

• Family Studio (4 Adults)

Rooms and bath room are not clean, poor internet connection, tv channels not working.

• Studio

Wifi connection was very unstable.

Clean room and bath, soft bed. Thanks to manager for help in solving my problem.

• Twin Studio

From the receptionist ( I don't remember the name)

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Studio (1 Adult)

The owner was very accommodating

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Nice and clean room

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

• Twin Studio

loud noises from corridor, a bit worn out interior

convinient express check-in, appliances

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Studio

easy to find, nice place, decent conditions

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Studio

Shower was not best, otherwise everything excellent

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Problem of lavatory

Apart hotel,

• Reviewed: 19 March 2016

Theres no clear sign for the name of Hotel so that one could reach it easily! There's nobody in the reception most of times so that it could happen that one couldn't have checked in or out!!! No available near restaurants or supermarkets just a small market!! TV doesn't work!! Light system is defective so it's dark in room!! Voices and sounds outside are very loud as if they are inside the room!! Transport is via bus which is very croud and not comfortable to use!!!

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

Only thing that bothered us was the fact that outside of your room the whole hotel smelled of cigarette smok and oldness... A few elderly people who I think may have had something to do with the hotel say in the reception a lot of the time smoking.. The warm, humid air and smoke were not a good mix, however the rooms theirselves did not smell like this.. 😊

This hotel was excellent value for money.. I travelled with a friend for a music festival and stayed here for 2 nights costing £65... The room had everything that was needed and more.. Having a fridge in the room to keep beverages chilled was a big plus point.. The room was warm and homely.. Would definitely stay here again! 😊

• Reviewed: 17 January 2016

For some wanting to go to center, it may not be perfect location. But there is public transport.

for me personally location was perfect as I was attending local event. Generally I thought room was good size, everything clean and certainly very cheap.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2015

- Wifi limited by schedule and to 200 MB/day or paying. - Too noisy rooms in front due to old double-glazing. - Only one French channel on tv on 160 channels.

- Bright rooms. - Accessible day and night. - Friendly concierge. - Big shopping mall nearby accessible by foot.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2015

While we had a rear facing room so didn't get traffic noise, the sound insulation between rooms is poor so you can hear pretty much everything else going on around you. Also whilst the beds were new, the bathroom was getting on a bit and needed re-tiling and a general freshen up.

Good location, handy for public transport one way and to get around by car if you're driving. It's handy to have a fridge and microwave in the room, but if you want to cook properly the communal kitchen is in the basement.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2015

Limited parking outside the aparment block.

Easy to find and reach from motorway. Ample room in apartment. Easy check-in/out. Quiet views over gardens at rear.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2015

Staff was rude!! Opening desk times short and late for check in. Wi-Fi promised but didn't worked all 4 days. Dangerous location (opinion given by a citizen from Brussels)

• Reviewed: 14 October 2015

The hotel general atmosphere is dirty and smokey. You can't make a distinction between smoking and non-smoking area. In my room, the bathroom tray leaks water to the floor and I have to mop the water from getting under the bed. It was a complete mess.

The staff are friendly but their friendliness is not enough to compensate for the hotel inadequacies. One good thing, the lift is functional.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

The beds were "military style", quite hard, but not too bad. Bathroom was not in a very good condition - the shower drain was clogged and so were the two washbasins. Internet connection (WiFi) was poor and has this very horrendous feature of having to register to an unknown site, accept some conditions etc. which was extremely annoying. The shared kitchen facilities in the basement are in deplorable condition. Location, well, you can't complain that much for it being where it is. The first day it seemed extremely distant from the center, but actually if you walk one km to the metro station Saint Guidon / Sint Guido, you are about 15-20 mins from town center. There is also a bus, 89 passing near the property. However, being with a kid, it was "easier" to walk to the metro station, but having a big 20 kg bag and two smaller ones did not make the walk an easy one. Overall, the price was exaggerated for what we received. Unless there is no absolute need, I would stay away from this property next time.

The room we were in was spacious, looked decent, too. I liked the fact that there was heating and it felt comfortable. It has a very nice garden outside.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2015

Had to bemoan some guests who ran off with the gas lighter for the stove. If this place gets inhouse laundry done, it will be perfect.

Easy access, front door code instructions and safe code, in case of delays. Clean and comfortable, kitchen facilities available. Rudi, the manager gave help with directions, booking a taxi etc. Rooms open onto a garden, very pleasant. Near the fallen heroes platz, a couple of blocks away on foot, easy bus access and shops for personal shopping.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2015

Wifi excess

Free wifi with unlimited use would be more great rather restrictions. People get confused whether they charged or not. That should be more specific

There are also 42 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Budget Flats Brussels traveller photo gallery