Reviews of Campanile Hotel & Restaurant Brussels Airport Zaventem 2 stars

6.2

5.6

5.6

6.1

dated and no lift we were on 2nd floor with a baby so had a lot, lot of carrying up two flights of wooden stairs asked to change but was told the hotel was full

bit old fashioned and no shuttle to airport so cost another €40 in taxi fares Room Basis but clean and breakfast was OK Staff nice

If there were nobody about one could think this was closed and semi-derelict.No food on Sundays.Fabric of buildings falling apart.ALL crockery chipped substantially.Have stayed here in the past and the deterioration is massive

room was jus about passable

Very confortable bed. Clean bathroom. Nice breakfast. Free Parking and wifi. Gentle, helpful and kind staff. Plus a nice garden place to enjoy the breakfast in the sun after a well resting night !

The facilities were a bit run down and the bed was uncomfortable. The front desk staff could be friendlier.

It was in a convenient location and room was adequate for a budget hotel.

Walls in rooms were wafer thin, if your a light sleeper suggest you give this hotel a miss, cleanliness in public areas not great

Breakfast was good so was the 1 evening meal I had

At least they could put better towels and made room clean. No air condition and no fan, no refrigerator.nothing in the room. They had a restaurant but didn’t work .it was around 8 km away from the closest restaurant

I didnt like the noise during the day, due to the fact that the Hotel is quite close to the airport ( 45 minutes walking- 4.7 km). During the night i havent heard anything because I was tired. They didnt have a brush for the toilets. The heat was working but it wasnt enough.

What you pay is what you get. The place meets the minimum requirements. You cannot expect to pay 50 E/room and get room service. Close to a bus station, but you need to chek it in advance, becaue you might end up like me, walking do to the lack of time. There is always an Uber service available, or taxi.

The building is old and rotting. Sings of mold in the doorways were visible.

It was close enough to the Airport. However from the advertisment I thought it would even be within walking distance. It wasn't.

Because if a big fish exhibition un Brussels,all the hôtels were booked and overpriced,shockinly,si WE were UP un an attic bedroom 3 flights of stairs and thé high price if 165€ normally 65€ for one night,but WE know its notre your fault, maybe better Luck next time

Thé personnel as usual very helpful

The room smelled awful!!! So bad it gave me a headache. So bad, I left my suitcase and clothes in my car because I did not want my them to smell like the room. Smell was awful!!!

Old facility; my blinds on the window didn't go down and only very sheer curtains...anyone could see in. Door very difficult to open/close, dirty and old lamps, water boiler had very rusty filaments, cold. Only spent one night. By the time I spent almost 40€ for round trip taxi to the airport, I would have been better off to stay in a nice hotel with a free shuttle service.

Close to airport...sheets seemed clean.

We had to catch a very early am flight out of BRU. Hotel only 5 minute drive by taxi to the airport. Staff were very friendly and helpful! They made arrangements for a taxi for 4am the next morning. Cozy restaurant/bar with a very tasty "plat du jour". Recommend it to anyone who is trying to relax before or after a flight before the next leg of their journey. They also provide parking if you reserve ahead of time.

The door into my room was so hard to operate, catching on the carpet, that I felt like a football player tackling the door each time I went into my room!

Size of room & closeness to restaurant.

The room style is a bit oldish and could do with a bit of refurbishment.

The blinds are really darkening the room, which is perfect for me (I like sleeping in pitch darkness). I was afraid there would be too much noise, but it was sound isolated enough. The continental breakfast was as one could expect: good, not great.

Unfortunately, the hotel location is so far from the city center that you have to use 2 different public transport companies (and pay for two tickets) to get there. It was very, very inconvenient to reach the hotel in the evening (I left the center at around 21:00) as the night schedule of the public transport starts at that time (!?). The room was clean, yet the walls seemed to be made of paper and the bathroom was not as clean as I would want it to be (some hair here and there). This hotel is one of the cheapest options around, yet I wouldn't recommended it for more than one short night.

The hotel is located 10 minutes drive from the airport and it is also reachable by several buses (yet be careful, the transportation company is different to STIB-MIVB therefore you have to purchase a separated ticket for each journey). The staff of the hotel was very pleasant. I arrived too early to check-in so I just left my stuff in and went to the city center.

The room was absolutely too cold. Small heater is not enough for such a room. Also IR heating in the bathroom where hot water was available only in the morning is not something to keep in nice memory.

Breakfast is from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m., that is good.

Though clean, very old and run-down. Ventilation system not working properly. Bathroom smelled of cigarette smoke, because other guests were smoking elsewhere in the building.

Unfortunately, there was a large area of the bathroom door frame that had rotted away (approx. 20 cms) and was extremely unpleasant. But everything else in the room was fine.

The beds were clean and the bathroom was clean and excellent value overall. We enjoyed kettle to make tea. Basic bathroom amenities were available.

The rooms we got were on the first floor. There were no elevator. It wouldn't be a problem if the stairs were not outside. It was raining all day - february and it all has frozen during the night so when we were taking our luggage to the taxi two of six people fell from the stairs and hurt themselves really badly. Bouth of them hurt theri back - one could not breath for first couple of seconds. One of the siutcases got destroyed. It's really dangerous. We informed the crew but they didn't care much, didn'y appologise and baisicly were too sleepy to do anything. Not nice.

It was clean and guiet. The price is good for what You get. We just needed a place to sleep before a morning flight. We were allowed to leave our luggage in a safe place before checking in. The morning crew was really nice and helpfull but I can't say the same thing about the bight shift...

Quite far frm city centre but close to the airport. Bus service is frequent but please make sure to take it before 9 pm frm the city centre to go back to the hotel as the frequency varies during the night time. The construction in front of the main road also causes the bus stops quite far frm its designated stop.

If you are on a budget, this is definitely a place to stay.

The room was cold. The heat was off when we arrived on one of the coldest nights of the year. We had to wait for the heat to kick in. There were not enough towels even though our reservation stated there were three of us. Things seemed unkept and broken in the room. We put our towel on the rod in the bathroom and it fell. The food was very mediocre. For the price we paid, I expected better. I have been to other Campanile hotels and they were not like this.

The staff were nice.

Rooms was very cold and are small, bathroom ugly,

Location OK, doors r locked by door key cards with holes combination code - outstanding oldschool, I remember it from 70's in Poland. Grats!

Decoration and bedding towels etc .

Facilities were adequate, but the staff certainly on the Friday I stayed there more than made up for that. They were efficient welcoming ,they couldn,t have been more helpful .Despite it being exceptionally clean , I would like to see the rooms and the bedding etc brought up to the standard of the staff . Then it would be a place to go to and not just when others are full. Having said that it is still value for money

The rooms are in another buidling compared to the breakfast-room and reception. because it was almost freezing outside, the heating of the room was difficult. The infrastructure in the room needs renovation.

The location was OK (near the airport) and very friendly staff. Also the diner was well served

The bread was poor and the croissants soft. The buffet did look sloppy and the fruit was still frozen? Recommend to skip the breakfast at EURO 16, 5 and take it on the road instead.

Close to the airport - but that is most certainly the only advantage of this worn down place!

The room was really cold.

We really enjoyed our 2 nights. Everything was clean, the airport is near, we used Uber to traveling. I recommend this accommodation

In the winter time very cold inside rooms. Don't book it in cold weather. Electric cables look old and you waiting for electric shock every time you touch kettle.

Very close to airport

I didn't like the property. It was not clean, when I step into the room bare footed, I can feel the layer of dust. Room is small. Location was not good, add on that construction was around, buses are not coming in. Also, not sure why safety box is located at such an awkward point (in the toilet). I knocked my head right at the edge.

If they can post a sign outside the property to tell the entrance, I had to walk all the way to the right end of the property with my two bags in a rainy night and then I found out the entrance on the other side. Just a suggestion

Lobby lady was very nice

Building is very tired, towels could be replaced, and blackout curtains could be put on the windows

TV in room, plenty of hot water, okay for one night stay, close to airport

Very poor heating, very bad and ugly towels, curtains and dirty all over. Mouse traps in restaurant kills you all appetite. Stuff is very unfrendly, hotel does not have manitenece service at all. Phones in rooms are not working, tv chanells are lousey I urge please avoid this hotel as much as possible.

Very old property & smell of cigarette covered by. Spray, the door was so old and hard to open that I had to ask the employee to come and open the door. He had to click the door in order to open it. The curtains were stuck and he had to forcefully pull them down. The bed sheets were clean but the smell in the room was very hard to ignor.

The rooms however are very outdated. I felt uneasy to take a shower because of the bad condition of the shower. I'm sure the rooms and bathroom are cleaned well, but they just don't look clean. I'd say this room qualifies as a Motel room, doors are outside and you can park your car close to the door. Restaurant and reception are in separate building, restaurant is sufficient for a quick meal and breakfast.

Great location with respect to the airport. Also parking space is sufficient.

The location is not right next to the airport, but it's only a ten minute taxi drive to get there. On the other hand, we got nailed by the taxi driver and paid 18 Euros! It was 5 in the morning so we just put up with it.

The room was clean and nice, not filthy and moldy as other reviews claimed. It's small, but that's what you get at a budget hotel. If you take Bus # 272 or # 282 from the airport, it drops you off at the corner where the hotel is! (20 minute ride through nice little neighborhoods) When you get off the bus, go to the back of the hotel. That's where the entrance and parking lot can be found. The restaurant was AMAZING. There is a 25 Euro dinner that included one of the best soups I've had in my life, a nice steak, salad, ice cream for dessert, and a "cold buffet" that blew my mind. It included couscous, smoked salmon, a cucumber salad with white sauce, and curried rice with raisins. Lots of other options I can't recall right now. No other restaurants in the area, by the way, but after that dinner, I was glad I hadn't looked elsewhere.

the hotel was a rundown place with dirty curtains and in a dodgy neighbourhood. i was scared to leave my car unattended on the parking as there where a bunch of strange people walking around on the parking. Then when i entered my room i though a prostitute could appear any time... the room was so dirty and made me feel like i was in a brottle that i left after 15 minutes.. i couldn't imagine to try and sleep there.

There was no elevator, room was not like as seen in the pictures.

It was near by the airport only takes 10-15 minus with taxi. Value for money just to sleep one night since our flight back was in the morning.

EVERYTHING ! a night porter lacking all sense of "professionalism, very bad cleanliness, awful and dangerous access to the rooms (especially to the 1st floor and without any illumination), broken shutter...........shall I continue ??????

NOTHING !!! Arrived around 00.30 from airport. Close to the highway is really the only advantage of this hotel. Very, very poor !!!!!!! The only recommendation : stay away !!!!!!

Very basic and the night staff person was not American Style friendly. I had broken my foot that night before getting to the motel and he grumply changed to a room on the bottom floor. Did not help to get me to my room.

Conveniently close to the airport - which was my goal

rooms smelt bad

The room smelt of damp, so you were constantly breathing in damp air, bathroom even smelt worse, lots of damp and mold buildup on the ceiling in the bathroom, shower curtain was very dirty. They really should close down this hotel and get it completely renovated it is a health hazard.

The property did not feel safe ... my smoke detector in my room had been removed and then i spotted unsecured linen cages, with linen in them against the side of the building. The area is quite dark and no pavements to walk on.

accommodations were bare and resembled an inexpensive motel. It was easy to overlook as it was so close to the airport. We chose to stay here on out last night which was the right choice. It is too far from the city to be convenient for the entire trip but manageable if there are no other options.

Hotel was very close to the airport, just minutes away. uber took about 8 minutes to reach us. We traveled into Brussels on a city bus which was also convenient with a bus stop just a short walk away.

The first room we were given smelled of tobacco smoke so the staff kindly moved us to a nonsmoking room

The staff were very kind and helpful. The price was excellent and the room suited our needs.

Doors were all very noisy. Could use air conditioning because to keep cool, we needed to keep the window open. With the window open, you got the very loud planes flying and traffic from main road.

Location and price

A door handle into the bathroom was broken and there were no lock on this door. As for me even in double-bed room it is necessary. Also there were only one set of towels for one person, but it's expected that the room is for two. There were no tight curtains on the window and the strong light of the nearest lamp outdoors was falling on the bed all night long. Towels and linen had a bad smell. And there were only one power socket under the table and one in the bathroom.

The hotel is very close to the airport, therefore we could spend less time to get there and could sleep more. Also we liked that the receptionist was working all night long and we could check in rather late and check out very early without any problems. The room was quite clean.

Restaurant closed throughout (We expected weekend but unavailable weekdays as well).

We chose it because it has proper twin-bed rooms, whereas many alternatives only have doubles.

let say like this: if you have tent to choose or that hotel. Take tent. Even in winter.

Address: it is only advantage of that hotel. Rest is one or two star. BTW they using plastic cards with matrix of holes to open room doors - I like it! even in communistic Poland does resigned of that solution because very low security. Good to meet history fifty years later. Thanks.

The connections to Tomorrowland.

The location was not good for Tomorrowland. I liked that yard was very green. Dining room was cosy and the staff very helpful.But from Tomorrowland every night bus+taxi combo would have costed 60 euros. Uber at daytime was 50 euro´s to Tomorrowland. Otherwise I have nothing to complain about.

VERY good value for money! It was very near to where we wanted to go. Those that came by public transport had it very easy.

We had all our meals out. There was nothing wrong except that ALL were at a house where we met for meals.

I didn't like that my room smelled musty, had mold in the shower, showers curtain was moldy, room was ucky, dirty, fixtures falling off the wall no convenient plug for charging cell phone and old furnishings.

The only reason I booked here was because of the price and how close it was to the Airport.

Transparent curtains were my nightmare! I had the cabin on the ground floor (street level room 6) beside storage/clean utility room and below stairs that access upper cabins. No sound proof walls thus as if you are sleeping in the street with whoever is hanging around and all moving guests. The street lamps + adjacent buildings strong white stadium lamp are right into your eyes through the transparent curtains making a very disturbing sleep, so if you want to rest then definitely not your place to book especially for price. 2 men were completely naked moving up and down the stairs and were drunk.... of course you have a full view with the transparent window and so they do too! if you wanna change and stay decent then better move into bathroom for that

the parking was easy, had a kettle+coffee packs, late checkin at 11 pm

- Some belongings disappeared from my room (pants, food). No one helped me. - The kettle has a sign saying they offer you beverages and biscuits... I never saw the biscuits. - The room is badly kept (check pictures). The shutter belt was broken.

Nothing. Really nothing.

Nothing to complain

Since we arrived the person in the front desk was really nice and helpful, giving us all details and was good dinner at the place even if we came late, so, totally good for us

There is no elevator! Sub standard quality, low roof, no fan, claustrophobic room. You will suffocate in the room if you plan to stay here in summer. Please avoid staying in this hotel.

Nothing at all

The waiter in the restaurant is an idiot, he brought different food than we ordered and said after the kitchen don't have that food. However when we ordered he said yes,okay. After he tried to cheat and put more drinks on the bill. After all he acts agressive.

I was awoken during the middle of the night by a woman knocking at my bedroom door. I was a bit taken aback by that and think perhaps there should be more privacy and security at the entrance.

Veru basic facilities, There are common areas near the rooms so it is very easy for anyone passing by to see into the room, therefore one must close the shutter in order to keep privacy- and by that avoiding the air to circulate into the room

The hotel is near the airport and this is a plus for me. Parking is near the hotel and very easy, nice dinner

They charged me more then what was advertised, refusing to charge through the website, there is no fans or air con, towels are thin like sand paper, shower was terrible if you are about the height of 5ft 6!!

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

The room was decent, but I didn't get the best sleep as walls were very thin and we could hear everything going on in other rooms. Also the shower curtains were a bit grim. But other than that not too bad.

Staff were friendly and helpful upon arrival, also spoke good English. Distance from the airport wasn't too bad, it cost us roughly €12 for a taxi. The next morning we decided to walk, it took about 50 minutes, and after you get past the main roads the walk is doable, as long as you have some kind of navigation device.

The reception staff working on 3rd June midnight a Asian male was so rude so so rude I cried in the room my 4 month old baby was frightened my son was so upset. The Asian male reception staff shouted at me in front of everyone he lied to the chef about me luckily the chef spoke English so I managed to explain. I aospokw to the female boss on the phone she was great with us. However the Asian male lied continuously and ruined everything. Other residents said they would also put a bad review in because they couldn't believe how the Asian male behaved towards women and children

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Some staff were very friendly and helpful (at check in and check out) however other staff during the evening were less than helpful. The room was much more bare bones than advertised and some amenities listed on Booking.com were no longer available (wake up call).

Close location to Brussels Airport

Breakfast is overpriced. I had their lasagna and was satisfied. It would have been nice to get a salad with it or some bread with it.

The room was quiet and clean. Parking was right outside the room, which was very convenient. Tv and Wi-Fi were both good. Water pressure in shower was GREAT! Staff, including the woman working the breakfast buffet, were very nice.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

There's no outlet near the bed. Which would have made it easier charging phones and such. Also breakfast was a bit expensive, I think.

Loved the heater in the bathroom because it was pretty chilly. The bed was comfortable & I liked that they had TV channels in multiple languages.

the bed was uncomfortable the bathroom was dirty the towels were dingy and old and we only got one towel for two people ! the room was cold , no heating no plugs to charge any devices no phone to call reception

the proximity to the airport was ideal . the room price was good

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Was a very basic room near airport. We stayed one night so it would be easier to be at the airport for a morning flight. First room, toilet was plugged. Moved us to another room - no sorry or anything. Staff was basically just doing the job. Bed was old enough to sag into the middle. Rest of the room was fine and clean. If you're looking for luxury, this ain't the place, but was fine for the one evening, the price and the location close to the airport.

Still there were some bizarre stuff. For example, there's no ground sink in the toilet and room window is sealed that you can't full open. Only a tiny part for air to come in.

Zaventem is amazing. Extremely quiet and serene. Campanile is also so simple.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Service - given the time of arrival, it would have been appropriate to be guided to our room (pitch dark and no lighting on the stairs). Bathroom light would not turn off. BUGS!!!

Read reviews and thought this hotel would be fine for an overnight in Brussels. Arrived via air from Malaga and had arranged a taxi via the hotel but there was no taxi waiting. When we finally arrived at the hotel all was in darkness. Found the restaurant / reception and checked in. We asked for directions to our room and were told to go out the door and turn right. WRONG!!! There was no lighting anywhere to help us find our way. I booked this hotel because they were one of a few who could accommodate 3 to a room and were very close to the airport. The taxi fare from the airport was 17.5 euro fora 1.5km trip. Our room was on the third floor on an outside staircase with no lighting. It took us several attempts to find our room with no assistance from the hotel staff. When we finally arrived in our room the first thing we did was kill the bugs crawling on the floor Needless to say,we we did not spend a good night in our room. (The bathroom light would not turn off ad ther was Moldova along the baseboard under the window) I had asked to have a taxi arranged for the morning and was told a taxi would be 5 euros which we paid to the hotel. The taxi was on time in the morning but cost us an additional 15 euros so all in all, I would just book the Sheraton. I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

Never again dirty and the restaurant was unbelievable inadequate, Place like this cannot stay open, the room 24 has humidity everywhere It's a pity for Campanile brand they have to check the propriety or the people.who run the hotel loosing clients in all the network

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Accomodation block has "run down" feel and appearance. Bathroom was tatty, but basically clean. Bed/bedding was very basic, although comfortable. Room was OK but decor has seen better days!

Easy access (by car). Possible to access by bus from the airport, otherwise ~40min walk. On site restaurant for breakfast (expensive), lunch and evening meal. Good free wifi. Efficient shower.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Cold room. No heater that worked. Noise from the roads outside. Paper thin walls to hear inmates on either side of my room. For €100 this was a total rip off. Wish I'd slet in my car.

I ordered a taxi for a 4am pick up and it showed up early.

Breakfast is overpriced for what it is; however, there's nowhere else to go and have a breakfast within a walking distance so I guess the price reflects this convienience. There are cigarette bins in front of some of the rooms so if you are not a smoker, you'll definitely smell it in some rooms. Staff is very helpful so we kindly asked if we can have another room and the problem was rectified immediately.

We stay here 2 - 3x a year when we visit our relatives in Brussels. This is a MOTEL, not a luxury hotel. So with that in mind, it's very basic, cheap and cheerful (exaclty what we need). If you are out and about all day and all you need is a place to sleep and have a shower, then this is perfect. If you want to relax and have some downtime in the room, then look elsewhere. The facility is basic and the cheap price reflects this, which was perfectly suitable for what we needed. The staff is amazing and very helpful. The facility is basic and starting to feel a bit rundown. Hence one of the cheapest in Brussels.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Breakfast was very disappointing: fruit salad and croissants were definitely not fresh, coffee was bad, for the rest: limitied choice and definitely not enough for everybody. Room and bathroon were not extremely clean (hair on the gloor in the bathroom, dust on the floor in the room, comforter with marks on it).

Staff was nice though. Location not too bad: not to far from the airport and not too far from Zaventem downtown to find restaurants. We did not want to try the restaurant after the bad breakfast we had.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Place was a little dated could use a lick of paint, there was an ash tray outside of my room and as a result a smell of tobacco in the room but I was too tired to care tbh everything else ticked the boxes so happy days.

Well equipped room, mattress was comfy, evening meal was great, breakfast was great. Friendly helpful staff :)

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

It is an excellent alternative for a busy city hotel so close to airport for a one night stay at budget price. What is lacking in facility the friendly and very helpful staff makes up for it with a sweetest smile. Even the regular locals makes you feel at home. The breakfast is more than generous I would have no hesitation to visit again well recommended

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Well I would like the hotel to avoid fixing or doing carpentry work early morning. It's very noisy.

The location is really easy to find. The staffs are very welcoming, polite and helpful. The general manager and receptionist are very welcoming and helpful. Mr Bebeto the restaurant manager/supervisor is very charming, helpful and talkative, he make you feel home. Mr Williams (night security)and mr Tommy (porter) very nice people. I enjoyed my stay with Leon hotel

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

We didn't know how to operate the radiator in the bathroom, the location was quite far away from the airport and most of all - NO SIDEWALKS OR PEDESTRIAN CROSSINGS! We almost died under cars..

The mattress was comfy, there was enough of power sockets and there was an electric kettle