Reviews of Campanile Hotel & Restaurant Gent 2 stars

#43 of 44 hotels in Ghent

5.9

6.1

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

OK economy hotel for a city trip.

The place looks a bit "run down" (bladdering paint, old curtains,...). The control of the bathroom heating was confusing and non-intuitive.

The personnel was very friendly and courteous, and capable of handling well all of my questions.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Nice, but improvable

The room need some works on it for update. Bathroom adapted need fixing the shower. No many plug sockets in the room. Live wires out of the box under the TV table

Well located. Easy to get to the center or surroundings using your own transport Confortable and quiet room.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

It was a nice and quiet, a good place to sleep.

Shower was temperamental, it went hot to warm and back to boiling hot. In the morning we were still in bed when house keeping opened the door to our room without knocking. Bathroom was quite grungy, looked like it needed a bit of a clean.

It was a nice and quiet, a good place to sleep. Nice amenities to the room - jug, tea and 2 biscuits.

Rubbish

Gruby, too expensive, not maintained, no air conditioning, must sleep in hot room with window open but industrial unit next door so slept about 3 hours,everything looked 30 years old, complained to staff about the room, it was the worst I've ever stayed in. Staff promised free breakfast as compensation but knew nothing the next morning. Will not be visiting campanile property again and would advise anyone to stay clear.

Departure

Close to autoroute;

Where to start - tired room in need of decoration (although it was clean); awfully slow internet-almost unusable; only one power socket in the room unless you unplugged the TV - so difficult to charge devices; electric heater had exposed cables; hotel in an industrial area with factories on both sides so quite noisy during the night. Campaniles are what they are, and we’ve stayed at some lovely ones, but this was a disappointment, more so as at eur92 plus eur6 tourist tax, it wasn’t exactly cheap!

Close to autoroute; friendly staff

Horrible and not even cheap to compensate!

I was desperate for a room in Gent so booked this, taking a chance. It was worse than I expected. The stairs were pitch dark and quite dangerous for a woman alone at midnight. Couldn’t see the room number. Room smelled awful - damp & dirty. Floor was sticky and I was bitten during the night. Didn’t bother to shower the next morning; got the hell out and stayed elsewhere for the rest of my trip and for cheaper.

Absolutely nothing pleasant to say about this place.

Pretty good location, you get what you pay for

Towel dirty and room hot. Food served to 9.30 on Sunday which is fine but we got back at 9.20 and told no food. That we should go into town, we had just come back from town to have food and relax. If it says 9.30 then it should be 9.30

Reception staff friendly and they did ask the chef to cook us pizza but chef said no. Good that parking is included in the price. Pretty good location as bus stop to town right outside of hotel.

Never Again

See Above

Campanile Ghent Staff were excellent, very helpful, always smiling. Had chefs special one night, absolutely superb. Bus stop into Ghent, right outside hotel, 3 per hour, 3€ one way. Now the bad bits: Wine selection nonexistent, house wine only - undrinkable. Room cleaner should be sacked, bins not emptied, towels not changed, floor not swept, wc paper not replaced. Walked into room in the morning without knocking, wife in state of undress. Room itself (27) was a disgrace, mould in bathroom, door handles loose, electrical junction box with no cover and covered in dust, damage to wall, w.c seat loose, covers missing from hinges, in urgend need of redecoration and repair. To add insult to injury, we were charged 93€ a night for the privilege of staying in this pigsty

Great overnight stop en route to our destination in Germany. Would stay again.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean, light room and good facilities. Good restaurant - chef very helpful and kind in offering gluten free options for my son - for dinner and breakfast.

Suited the price

We didn't like that it was a bit far away from everywhere. Also there were only very few plugs and no soap in the bathroom. Also the shower was very wierd because the pressure was too low and it was changing the temperature of water freely so we got burnt a little.

We liked the personnal because they let us leave our car there for the day even after the check-out, good price.

A welcome rest after a long journey

Rather confusing switches in bathroom for light, loo flushing and a heater. An electric fitting was loose and came away which I reported. Evening meal not as good as I had hoped

Bed was very comfortable as I don't usually like hotel beds. Very convenient for the motorway on my way to Eurotunnell and is near a bus stop into the centre of Ghent so if I stay again I will definitely explore there. I did that once with the Bruges one. Breakfast good.All my requirements re room and parking near it were met.

it served a purpose whilst needing a stopover.

Shower instead of bath - especially as one of our party had mobility issues - staff were advised of this.

simply adequate - have stayed in far better motels. Extremely basic - looks far better on line. Rooms quite small and jaded.

So so....

Staff were a bit indifferent. The bathroom light switch cover had come off and only the bare connections were available to switch light on and off, not sure how dangerous this was so didn't want to touch it.

The location is great...just off the motorway. The rooms are standard rooms but with baggage the upstairs rooms can be difficult to negotiate. Food is ok, freshly prepared and have a good choice of wines & beers.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

It was quiet, the staff did try to help when our t.

It was dirty, very old and tired. T.V didn’t work breakfast was small and not very nice. One plug socket. Broken shower

It was quiet, the staff did try to help when our t.v wasn’t working. We got a free breakfast because of it.

Staff were nice and grounds

Understand keeping costs down important but room was depressing. Very old shades on wall providing little might as there is no ceiling light you're dependent on any light. Better with spot lights. Rooms could have so e with lick of paint and nets on window a wash. Tiles not washed. Placed looked dirty despite the beds and bathroom being clean. 1 socket which I couldn't get my hairdryer in to because the socket so close to table level. We thought we were 1 mile away approx from.city centre, we were at least 6.1 km away!

Staff were nice and grounds

A comfortable stay for a great price close to such a beautiful city center

It was a non-smoking room but I suspect someone had stayed for a while and been smoking quite a bit but it wasn't a major problem

Very friendly and helpful staff

It was extremely warm even with the window open.

It was extremely warm even with the window open. There was no air circulation. Thankfully I brought a small portable fan which helped some but it was still hard to sleep because of the heat.

Not really worth the price, there are better places in Ghent for far cheaper!

However, there were some noticeable problems. I did notice that one of the kitchen staff wasn't washing his hands between handling different types of raw meat in the kitchen (both chicken and beef burgers), which put me off eating there after that. As for the room, whilst the bed was comfortable, the room was very dated and I noticed there was significant grime in the bathroom and throughout. It wasn't air conditioned and was very uncomfortable to sleep in the summer heat. In addition, the hotel is next to some sort of factory and whilst it was quiet when we arrived some time in the evening (when we were out in Ghent) some massive machinery started up and was still going when we left at 9am the next morning. The noise was deafening and the only reason we were able to sleep was that we had ear plugs with us - though we could hear the noise of the factory through them! WE paid 81 EUR for our room, which considering the facilities and problems was far too much. I had booked a room here for my return journey but that night cancelled my booking and found another place in the city centre. I really wouldn't stay there again I'm afraid.

I booked this as it was directly off the motorway on a planned route and had free parking. Unfortunately the place did not live up to my expectations. There were a few positives, firstly the bar and restaurant were both very pleasant places, well stocked and with a great selection of food and drinks. The staff were lovely, very helpful and informative about the local area. The breakfast buffet was well stocked and offered a good selection of cooked and continental fare.

The one member of staff I saw was helpful.

On an industrial site that works all night long.Noise..the actual hotel felt dirty.the other clientel had no consideration for people trying to sleep.. no aircon or even a fan..had to keep window shut from the noise of the site.. smoke from other guests blowing into our room..had the worst night ever..if I could have gone elsewhere I would have..never will I stay again.

The one member of staff I saw was helpful.

Good price; breakfast notably exceeds the standard expected of a motel

we had a ground floor room away from the parking, didn't know if it was safe - but nothing happened

quick and friendly check-in/-out, scrumptious all-you-can-eat self-service buffet breakfast: continental, including rolls, toasts, croissants, muesli, quark, yoghurt, fruit & full English; coffee machine also making latte macchiato; press yourself orange juicer and automated dispenser for varied fruit juices

Horrible

Dirty corridors, room smelt like dirty socks, simply filthy... I asked for a Factuur was told the system was down and that they would email it, three days later and still no bill (receipt)...

Close to Hospital

Good but noisy neighbours

The staff saved the day by intervening but the rooms were connected by a door! And our neighbours were extremely noisy singing and entertaining friends! The man did come and speak to them but this went on until 1 am, the hotel gave us a complementary breakfast for inconvenience.

The staff were great good meals even though they were very busy on the night we we’re there!

Pre-authorization is the full cost of stay, and I can't get it back

The accommodation is quite shabby, but the real problem is that the hotel took the full cost of the stay for pre-authorization (almost 100 euro for just one-night stay), and now I can't get my money back! The hotel keeps saying that I should wait for a week, for another week then, and in fact they just charged me twice for the stay, and not returning money back! All other hotels, much more expensive than this one, never took the whole amount for pre-authorization, and returned money in few days always!

Pleasant stay

Communication with booking.com caused issues. Probably better to book directly. Could have cleaned room every day, provide fan/AC, fridge and better quality finishings (soaps, toilet paper etc).

Nice staff, convenient location for Ghent and Bruges. Seems more like a motel than a hotel but enjoyed my stay here.

Stay was ok for an emergency, but not value for money

Sink tap was leaking, bed was bit hard. Shower did not stay in one setting, sometimes hot water. was too hot while in shower. Could hear someone in the next door coughing.

Location was good, easy access to bus service and close to a super market.

This hotel met all of my expectations of a Campanile. Clean room, excellent friendly staff.

Very friendly, amenable staff who all spoke good English. Positioned on good bus route into city centre, and just off the motorway (far enough that noise isn't an issue). Didn't eat at the hotel, so can't comment on standard of food. View from the room is of the car park. This hotel is in an area of light industry, so no expectation of fields and mountains (especially in Belgium).

Hotel is good for an overnight stop but be mindful of price of meal and breakfast

On the night I stayed there seemed to be a “problem” with the kitchen/chef and the menu for the “restaurant” was not available it was only a burger or pizza and I felt overall the price for these and the breakfast was a little high given the style of the budget motel type.

Hotel is conveniently located and is typical budget motel style great for just overnight stop - staff were friendly and helpful and room was adequate - clean and comfortable for just the one night

Not the best

The room was not in an appropriate condition to house guests. The bed sheets were itchy, there was unfinished restoration on the walls. The walls near the table/desk were filthy and there was an unremarkable amount of black marks on the wooden floor. The key card machine was broken, exposing the batteries used to make it work. The water in the shower went from warm to extremely hot... it would just happen. There was no adjusting it. It would shoot out extremely hot water at any given moment.

We spoke to the staff about the issues concerning our stay. They were very professional about it and noted everything. The lady at the reception refunded our breakfast, which was a nice gesture.

Poor value for money.

Accommodation is very poor and needs urgent refurbishment. Rooms are dark and dingy. Shower head was broken. Mould above the bath. Outside parking area had lots of cigarette ends. Rubbish bags at bottom of stairs to upper level accommodation. Stairs needed brushing. We went for breakfast at 7am and there were several tables with dirty plates, etc from previous diners so there were only a couple of clean tables. Thankfully we had only booked for 1 night as we were on our way to Dunkirk ferry to UK. We have stayed at many Campaniles in the past but will look elsewhere for future visits to Europe. We stayed at a Best Western Hotel the previous night for the same money and it was by far superior in every respect.

Convenient parking and close to the motorway. Free wifi. Comfortable beds. Staff member on duty was pleasant and very helpful with information regarding transport into city.

Had a great time, second stay at Campanile and will be returning.

Surprised to have to pay on check in. Very surprised as we use booking.com for flexibility.

Everything was excellent, especially having outside seating. The staff were outstanding and nothing was too much trouble. Short walk to supermarket at the football stadium, petrol station nearby. Short drive into Ghent. Friendly place, even the chambermaids say hello with a smile.

Great for one night.

The floor in the room was gritty and would have benefited from being hoovered or swept.

Quiet room at the back of the motel, great for the dogs with grassy area just outside. Excellent evening meal and breakfast.

Will go back soon.

The shower head needs to be cleaned up or changed, so one of the light at the mirror. Didn't get the gardens view as I expected. A mini fridge in the room will be great.

The location, close to my destination. Easy to reach with bus (12-15 minutes drive) from station, bus stop at the corner. Near highway, but just 3-4 km from city center.

Good value for money.

Some refurbishment in hotel's rooms would help in nicer stay. Very limited menu in the restaurant through out weekends.

Fair price. Hope to back during my future trips with dogs. Happy to hear this time that dogs are accepted at extra cost. This service is great step forward for people traveling with their puppies - keep going!

Ideal for our needs in transit from central Germany to the ferry at Calais.

The ventilation system in the bathroom was loud.

A useful stopover near the E40, a quiet area with secure parking, very clean but fairly basic rooms. All members of staff multilingual, extremely pleasant & cheerful. Restaurant not open Easter Monday but pizza provided!

Staff were great, room was basic I thought breakfast was quite expensive at 11€ per person.

Rooms are fairly basic they were clean and tidy shower rail was bent and no mirror on back of door. Breakfast was expensive at 11€ per person so we had breakfast elsewhere.

We ate in the restaurant and despite their being no chef and limited menu due to illness the staff were excellent in managing food, bar and reception all at the same time.

Basic 2 star hotel.

Property is in a state of disrepair. Owners need to spend some €€€ and fix some of the broken items.

Basic 2 star hotel. Don't expect much in the way of amenities. Staff is great !!

Duck tape over the electrical fittings because someone had...

Duck tape over the electrical fittings because someone had broken a switch. Very basic, wouldn't want to do more than one night. Only used as a stop off before getting Euro tunnel.

Basic accommodation with easy access to motorways

Nice restaurant, but meal quality doesn't match price. Room basic and bathroom out of date. Heating with portable electric heaters which were not adjustable. For that room price a better standard can be expected.

Reception and restaurant personal very friendly, efficient and fast. Save car parking and easy access from and to motorway.

Convenient and good

I think the hotel is in need of a bit of refurbishment.

A usual Campanile, very convenient for the motorways, in an industrial area. The room was very warm, which in a cold February was very good. Loos was very acceptable with a good choice, of course within a budget price

The free parking was very nice.

The staff were very unwelcoming and didnt seem to care about taking care of the customers. We are at the restaurant at the hotel, I was given food as a sample containing an allergy I have after telling the waitress that I am allergic to. I then reminded her that I was allergic and she refused to take the food away from my table. The beds were also extremely uncomfortable. You could feel the springs digging into.your body all night.

The free parking was very nice. The Wi-Fi was nice too but it was slow.

Good placement for travelling by car for a short period.

The place needs a renovation. Eating area insufficiently ventilated, sometimes clothes take food smell at meal time

Good placement for travelling by car for a short period. Someone at the reception 24/7.

Quiet location to stay, good heating system, lots of parking space, right next to the Holiday Inn.

Please REMOVE the multi vitamines juice, its not nice to see early morning on your breakfast 3 fruit flies in your glass ... (certainly if the management knows of this problem) My toilet seat was loose in the room, this didn't bother me at all, the flies did. Sad the management didn't even suggested a coffee or any other compensation. (not even removed the flavor) Maybe look for someone to cook during the weekend, its much appreciated after a long day of work.

1) I liked very much the heating system in the bathroom. 2) The simple but very useful lay out from the room 3) Long time ago that I had enough cloth hangers in my room. 4) Enough plugs to recharge your electronic devices 5) Very helpful / friendly staff 6) Good food during the week 7) Had not really the time to look but lots of channels on the TV / Radio channels

Way to expensive until rooms are renovated

There was a bad smell (sewer) entering the lobby, not a nice first impression. The receptionist that handled the check-in did not speak Dutch, the only official language in the region. The room was tired and in need of a renovation. No power sockets next to the bed and only one spare. I unplugged the television to charge our devices. We booked for one night with check-out at noon. At half past ten housekeeping invaded our privacy. An apology would have been in place. The receptionist who took care of the check-out was friendly, but should have asked how our stay was. Overall, overpriced until the rooms are stripped and brought up to spec.

Free private parking very near to your room. Easily access from the motorway. Mini store at the reception, quite convenient. The room was pre-heated, that's a welcoming feeling when arriving in the cold winter. The room was clean, as were the towels.

The worst thing? I booked the same room for Feb 5th, without possibility to cancel!

Room 52: 1) The heating did not work! 2) The heating in the bathroom had to be operated via a button; 1 click = 7 minutes of heating. I paid 108€ for 1 night. This type of heating is below standard! 3) The heating in the bathroom was very dirty and smelled! 4) The warm water button had a bleu label, the cold water a red label! 5) The mirror in the room was gone! 6) The TV only had 3 channels! 7) The desk light was broken; I was worried about being electrocuted! 8) The aeration in the bathroom was very loud! 9) Outside sounds were very loud in the room! 10) The fries were very greasy, not up to belgian standards! 11) The poivre sauce was cold!

On the whole a very enjoyable stay. Needed to use taxis to get into and back from Ghent city.

Needed two extra pillows..didn't have any😐

Comfy beds. Facilities very good in room. Nice to have tea and coffee in room. Nice and warm. Staff very helpful.

Very disappointing

The restaurant was closed during our stay and we were charged €168 for breakfast for 5 people!! We didn't check the receipt as it was late, very cold and raining heavily and very aware that we didn't have very long to find a restaurant where we could eat. Overall we felt disappointed that it spoiled my wife's birthday weekend.

Brilliant my wife and i really enjoyed our stay.thankyou.

Everything was great!!!!!!!!

The staff were very freindly and helpfull the room was very clean , warm and comfortable, the food in the restaraunt was very good.even though the property backs on to an industrial estate the little bit of noise from there never gave us cause for concern.access to all motorways is excellent.before we went to Belgium i looked at all the reveiws about campanile hotel and i must say i was a little bit worried about booking but after staying there for 9 nights over the christmas and new year period i certainly wont worry next time.

Ok for the price

The wifi was basically nonexistent, we couldn't even use it for very basic browsing and our keycard to the room stopped working multiple times, a seemingly common issue in the hotel, as we met many guests having the same problem. When we went to the reception with the issue, they just asked for the room number and make the keycard work again, which is not the safest method in my opinion, anyone could have basically told a different room number making him able to enter to someone else's space.

The staff was nice and the room was very clean. The location is a bit further away from the city centre, but you can get on a bus, which gets you there in 15 minutes and runs frequently. Also, Kompass Klub is basically next door, if you want to rave ;)

Good place for travelling on car

One lamp of the bathroom was blinking.

A modest, but good room with a small bath tube, big good bed and also a kettle to make tea or coffee in the room. Good conditioning. A car may be parked right under the balcony of the room, thus very good for people travelling on their own. I did not use a restaurant, but it looks impressive and I should be tried in future.

Good value for money Campanille

Located in semi industrial area , near Motorway but it’s easy to find. Good for stopover.

Take pets, Good size room, good food and very friendly and helpful staff

We got what we paid for!

Although the breakfast was copious, and tasty, the cost at 12 euros was a bit high....

Uncomplicated, unpretentious value for money accommodation which was clean, comfortable and with easy access from the motorway.

Bargaine bucket, but a little effort would change this place a lot

Very little hot water in bathroom (Luke warm) the service we expected to be slow (trip advisor) and it was, very, but the breakfast selection was good but the quality was dire.

Nice warm room, close to bus stop, tea/coffee in the room, bar open until 1am, great car parking

Disappointed comparison with Breda and therefore opted not to take breakfast nor to recommend.

No spare pillows,inadequate bath plugs,poor grout work,stained towel. Cleaner opened main door whilst we were still in bed. Had to negotiate empty cages to access room at rear. Paid cash, receipt refused until departure.Overpriced.

Gated facility,helpful staff .Good proximity to city centre.

starting to become to expansive for what you get

We are here annually and we see the state of the rooms worsening every year. Campanile really needs to refresh and update the rooms.

The location of Campanile Gent (Near the highway and the Expo) and the presence of free facilities for making tea and coffee in the room are always a plus.

Perfectly located for a short car trip into beautiful Ghent.

Unfortunately we were allocated a twin room when we had asked for a double. We were moved on the second night thankfully. It's a shame the restaurant doesn't operate at week-ends although you can get a very good snack.

Good location and easy parking, good wi-fi too.

Close to the main road, not driving round looking for the...

Key cards wouldn't work very well luckily it wasn't raining whilst waiting to get into room.

Close to the main road, not driving round looking for the hotel, pleasant staff

uncomfortable

Bed and shower

good location, but the most uncomfortable bed ever, and when i reported this, the staff did not bat an eyelid, and the shower was awful.

Would have been great without mosquitos.

a lot of mosquitos in the room that I didn't sleep. I got a lot of bites. I couldn't sleep with mosquitos buzzing in my ear so I spent all night killing them... at least 20 mosquitos. Since there were mosquitos, had to sleep with window closed and tried to stay under my bed sheets. Worst sleep ever.

Free parking, pet friendly, right across from bus station that connects to city centre every 20 min. About 15-20 min single bus ride to get into Ghent city centre.

Clean and practical, everything functioned well.

At first sight somewhat "shabby"/worn-out looking stairs and room, however room/bathroom and breaklfast facility turned out to be practical and well-functioning, somewhat far from city center.

Friendly helpful personnel at check-in, practical room facility & bathroom, good fairly extensive breakfast.

Excellent breakfast.

Additional pillow not available when requested as "hotel full" Dinner menu not available weekends. 8.5 Euros for 2 fried eggs & 3 small slices of baguette.

Excellent breakfast.

Dreadful, awful, terrible sums it up.

The staff were unhelpful. There was little in the way of food. The window in our room was broken. The towels had blood on them and the linen was old and very grey. Need I ho on

Stay was shortened due to loss of documents from stolen handbag, so disappointed overall.

Rooms and furniture were shabby. Hotel needs an update. Security was poor. No safes in rooms. Restaurant open to public . Reception not always manned. Wife's handbag stolen from restaurant.

Location. Food generally Ok but limited menu.Staff were friendly and tried to be helpful but were stretched in fulfilling their duties

Nice stop over

No towels in room, had to go back to reception to get some and I was not the only one asking for towels. Restaurant was already closed when we arrived, around 9 o'clock. Warm room.

Nice breakfast, as usual for a Campanile. Parking. Easy access in and out, near motorway.

Convenience of location.

Both the pricing on the menu and the programming of the restaurant till contained errors - which did not help either staff or customers.

Convenience of location.

Horrible service, acceptable accommodation.

The staff - especially in the evening hours in the restaurant was the worse ever met in a hotel . You could easily starve or die with an empty glass. The ladies do not care wether you already sit there since 30 minutes without giving an order. We ate there with three persons on three evenings and there was not even one evening without complaints. Receiving the wrong meal, receiving the side dishes after the meal because they forgot , receiving a "minute steak" unfinished, more than bloody - completely rare - what is really difficult to reach with a minute steak. Ordering a burger is a laugh - 11,50 the burger (size of a McDonalds Cheese burger) but then paying extra for onions, cheese (1 piece of artificial cheese for 2,5€) ...ridiculous. But the quality of the restaurants food would be not that big deal to complain about if the service would not have been this bad. As an excuse the staff explained that they are only with two persons instead of three. We were approx. eight guest in the restaurant - for two servants... that should be possible.

The Hotel itself was okay. For Gent relations priceworthy. Wifi free and of acceptable speed, room size was good - just for sleeping. with a king size bed fine. Friendly staff (unfortunately not service oriented)

Friendly staff, room was smaller, but for sleeping is good,...

Bigger noise from neighbouring companyes was too big, restaurant kitchen was over weekend close (for lunch and dinner)

Friendly staff, room was smaller, but for sleeping is good, if was close restaurant, was possible buy baggete or pizza guests will not hungry :o)

Staff were lovely, good to have a bar and restarant on site.

Room wasn't prepared well, missing cups, mould on bathroom ceiling.

Staff were lovely, good to have a bar and restarant on site. Easy to find and secure parking

Generally quite reasonable, but not up to the usual Campanile standard.

The upkeep of the outside of the property was quite poor, flaking plaster outside, steps up to the upper bedrooms were very dilapidated and all exterior woodwork was in need of some t.l.c. The food at dinner was quite limited. We have stayed at many Campaniles in the past and always look forward to the cold buffet etc., but that was absent at this one. There is obviously some cutting of corners to save a bit of money.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The bedroom was quite adequate and clean, bed comfortable, usual Campanile standard.

One to miss.

When Booked, ticked preferences of non smoking room with air conditioning. Booked e,mail confirmation received confirming booking made and payment. On arrival told hotel rooms do not have airconditioning. Why was we not advised of this when booking made. Hotel surrounded by industrial noisy factories. Room walls/ceilings and floors dirty, and towels very poor. Bedding not changed.

Nothing to like about it. Only good thing was staff very good,as was restaurant food.

Never again !

The mosquitos at night (and on the walls, not cleaned up) The breakfast - bad coffee, food wasn't great either No AC in the rooms No shutters in my room, which resulted in it being boiling hot even with the curtains closed I put the "do not disturb" (and therefore don't clean my room) sign but it has been cleaned anyway (I put this sign on cause I had valuable things in my room and there was no safe !) When we told the staff member about this mosquito problem, she basically laughed at our faces.... That's helpful !

Apart from the parking - nothing

Good for overnight stop

Located near factory that runs all night. No air conditioning in rooms A little tired and dated Out of town

Convenient overnight stop, near motorway. Secure private parking. Bar and restaurant on site. Short bus ride from town centre. Basic but comfortable rooms Friendly staff Will stay here again.

Campernile Ghent

Our first room was clean looking but had unpleasant smell, but we were offered other room when wecraisd this but staff were not most pleased. But we changed and other was ok. Clean tidy..

It was located as expected, it had a mini type shop for things you may need or forgot. Generally all staff were nice. And had a good grill bar and choice of food available. Convenient bus to Ghent over the road ran frequently.

One Night Stay July 2017

on Sunday evening Wi-fi started working very slowly and then not worked at all; a couple extra sockets in the room would be very helpful, other than that - no complaints.

Great spot for travellers by car, free parking; close to the city centre - 10 minutes max and bus stop is right around the corner. Perfect for a short stay: comfy bed, bathroom with all essentials, tv, cattle in the room.

it was advertised with a good restaurant we saw no evidence of this.convenient situation

We arrived very early , staff unable to understand we just wanted to leave the car and not check in . We had to go back in halfway through the day to check-in. The door to our accommodation would not open this was not fixed The whole time we were there and someone from reception had to come and open the door for us each time we wanted to go in.it was advertised with a good restaurant we saw no evidence of this.

Easy to find, easy to park, bus links to city outside the hotel.

Bates Motel

Booked 35 people under one name and said they did not think we were a group! could not cater for the group for a meal unless we had Spaghetti. Not ideal at all. Another group also checked in and they had only 1 person in the kitchen. What does that tell you ???

Not a lot, lots of Mozzies, the place needs a good face lift!!!