Reviews of Hotel Chambord

#127 of 215 hotels in Brussels

• Reviewed: September 18, 2018

Terrible Experience
    • Standard Twin Room

Wifi connection was not available in room. Room was in the corner of building and even the passage to room was too tight to pull the luggage inside. Locker room was worse than store room. Elevator was not working for 3rd floor on which they gave me room no. 49(4th floor actually). Numbers of floors in elevator were not matching with actual floor numbers. Staff at reception in morning shift, had poor English skills and could not explain the route to airport and why they need my credit card to complete the transaction and how my reserved money will be used for this booking or will be deducted again from my card. Only good thing was the location and fortunately i stayed only for one night. Very poor property.

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

Nice hotel close to city center
    • Business Twin Room

They are currently renovating parts of the hotel, hence some noise.

Location for great, just 10 minutes walk from the heart of Brussels. Breakfast was simple but good quality.

• Reviewed: September 16, 2018

Good Buy
    • Business Double Room

Room didnt have much of a view and lighting a bit dim but it didnt matter as we didnt spend a lot of time there.

Location great, easy walk into Brussels centre, near to station . We explored local area as well and ate locally. Hotel itself very friendly, comfortable room, staff helpful and breakfast room had amazing window views and breakfast itself very nice and plentiful.

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

Very friendly staff.

Only difficulty was that there were quite a few steep stairs up to the breakfast room and no other way to get there. My mum who is 87 found it difficult each morning getting up them . Also the lift was not going up to the top floor when you called it on the first day we were there ( but went up there if you were in it ) . But that was sorted by the 2nd day. Looks like they are in the process if doing the hotel up - hope prices don't go up. No tea / coffee making facilities in the rooms. But none of these were major issues - it is a good hotel.

Very friendly staff. Good value for a fairly central location in Brussels. Metro right outside and buses around the corner - lots of bars and cafes a few minutes walk away.

• Reviewed: September 6, 2018

The venue was great.
    • Small Single Room

The accommodation for single room was poor quality. I ended up in changing my room to twin beds with an extra charge.

The venue was great. Just in the middle of the city life.

• Reviewed: September 5, 2018

Centrally located hotel with excellent public transport access

Wifi reception in one of the rooms was terrible, virtually non-existing Small elevator, maximum up to 4 non-obese persons without luggage A water glass in the bathroom was dirty Balcony in really poor condition

Soft beds Good breakfast including scrambled eggs, bacon, toasts, sweet pastries, canned fruit-salad, milk, cereals, juice, coffee Subway access almost outside the entrance Centrally located Friendly Staff

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

Very spotty wifi at best, elevator didnt work, no fridge or water in the 100 euro per night room.

Wifi was spotty at best and didnt work most of the time (the management did, however, recognise my frustration and gave me a 28 euro discount over 2 nights). So if you are like me, on a business trip, do not expect the wifi to be functional enough for work purposes. Also the elevator didnt function and I was on the 6th floor.... It is necessary for this establishment to get its' house in order. And for goodness sake, buy a fridge so you can provide at least water to your guests.

Location and the comfort of the bed are the only good things about this hotel. I really expect a minibar/fridge when you are paying over 100 euros per night. This is a budget hotel but with prices that do not match the lack of service and standards provided.

• Reviewed: September 2, 2018

Disappointed and basically false advertising with the photos supplied.

The hotel and rooms are not as they are shown in the photos. The room was terrible and I asked to be moved to another one. We were moved but someone was already staying in the room were we given a key to! We moved again but the room was only slightly better. There is no natural light unless you manage to get a room facing the street otherwise all rooms face a tiny enclosed outdoor area where you can see into other rooms. The shower was placed in the centre of the wall over the bath so it was almost impossible to have a shower as there was no space between you and the wall. Water then went all over the bathroom floor. We had no room service ie making the bed/fresh towels even though we stayed for 2 nights. The pillows were old and flat so I called reception and asked for two more. They said 'I will check in the basement' which is not where you expect pillows to be kept but he called back and said that there were no spare pillows at all. This is meant to be a hotel?! I showed the staff photos on booking.com and asked for a room like that but he said they were old photos and the hotel no longer looks like that! I was shocked and disappointed. I would have paid 30/40 Euros extra per night and gone to a much better hotel if I had known. When I looked at other reviews from other websites then I saw more people saying the same things as me. Its a dark, drab hotel.

The location was good especially as it was next to a metro stop. A short walk down the road and you are in the centre of Brussels. The man at reception was lovely when we checked in and really tried to sort out a better room for us but wasn't successful as it was fully booked.

• Reviewed: August 31, 2018

I wish I have never booked that hotel. My stay was awful.
    • Small Single Room

Make sure you don't get room number 10. The room is very very small and claustrophobic. Moreover, the window goes out to a semi-roofed space full of ventilators. There is no view, it's dark, loud and the air is dusty. Even worse is the fact that hotel does not provide remote control to the airconditioners insode the room. SO you are deprived of a basic thing which is air to breathe. I do not recommend staying at that hotel and don't let the vintage decoration fool you.

The breakfast was OK

• Reviewed: August 30, 2018

Staff were friendly.
    • Small Single Room

Room was a floor above the top of the lifts and the lifts were not functioning properly. Also, the room was boiling hot. The air conditioning unit, which had no personal control unit, was actually sending out warm air on a hot day - the room was a lot hotter than outside in the open air.

Staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

Very well speaking English staff we had to ask for...

Didn't have a bar at the hotel so we had to wait for our room. To be ready which we had to go for a stroll to make time fly by lol

Very well speaking English staff we had to ask for directions. Which helped us out a lot location was perfect for walking to all the tourist attractions..

• Reviewed: August 27, 2018

Good location but low value for money

Low value for money. We had a small dark room, walls dirty, airco didn't have a remote so we could not turn it off and the breakfast was very basic. We had totally different expectations based on the description on booking.com. It is a good basic place but not worth for what you pay!

The hotel is in a good location!

• Reviewed: August 23, 2018

Convenient location, within walking distance to almost all...

The eggs at the breakfast are terrible and this comes from somobody who is not a picky eater. Other than that, nothing really. Maybe the whole vibe of the place is that it’a a bit old, but it’s not bad or not looked after. Something not very convenient is that the air conditioning is only controlled from the reception so you have no freedom over that. You can ask them to switch it off for you if you want though.

Convenient location, within walking distance to almost all the points of interest. Metro stop right next to the hotel. Pretty decent breakfast, good variety of things. Nice, fresh fruit as well. Pretty big and clean rooms, the bathroom as well. Nice, friendly, helpful staff. Nice and quiet area

• Reviewed: August 22, 2018

A good honest three-star hotel, but the air conditioning control system is tricky
    • Standard Twin Room

An air conditioner remote control is not a part of room equipment. Instead, the AC is operated from the reception desk. I find it VERY illogical and inconvenient. You should call the reception every time you need to turn the AC on or off, or to adjust temperature settings. Other guests already mentioned that in their reviews. I feel the pity for receptionists who would have to take a hundred phone calls a day just to handle these requests! Also, if I am not missing something here, the owner is getting inflated electricity bills because of that. This example of "automation" is beyond my comprehension and looks to me most inappropriate for guests, receptionists, managers, and owners alike.

Very quiet room in the end of a winding corridor. Comfortable bed. Pretty standard, but good enough buffet breakfast. Although the hotel was undergoing some renovation at the time, we experienced no disturbances.

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

Good value

Wi-fi did not work in rooms, air conditioning was controlled from reception no remote in the room, the lift was very small, and it only go to 6th floor, so if you stayed on 7th floor like us you will have to go by stairs from 6th.

Rooms were ok i would say a 9/10, and apparently the hotel is under renovation so probably soon everything will be ok. Hotel position was top, I believe it was within 10 min walk to town centre. Great restaurants in vicinity, and acces to public transportation. Overall I would say a great experience.

• Reviewed: August 13, 2018

Would consider revisiting
    • Standard Twin Room

There was a smell like a dead animal in the reception area. Phoned before hand to amend a default in the paperwork. I wanted a double room. When I saw paperwork a few seconds after booking I called to amend straight away. The receptionist said it was fine and that I would get a double instead of a twin basically to ignore the paperwork and that there was double roo.s available for my booking. When I arrived the receptionist said there wasn't any available. I was then told that I had to pay extra in order to get a business room instead.

The hotel was close enough to the main areas. And just right in order to park the car. Free parking from Saturday evening until Monday right outside.

• Reviewed: August 3, 2018

Good value for money, but at the top of a hill

Hotel is not in a very interesting neighborhood, but it is right next to a metro station and about a 1 km walk (uphill) from Brussels Centraal station. Hotel is undergoing renovation so it looked a bit rough in sections, but this should be over soon.

Great breakfast, nice room, comfortable bed

• Reviewed: July 27, 2018

Not impressed by this three-star hotel
    • Small Single Room

- The reception. One of the reception staff constantly abandon his post during his shift. One time he was entirely in another building while another time, he was outside of the hotel chatting With someone. - The management of the hotel. One of the two lights in the bathroom of my room was not working properly, so I reported the issue to reception right after I moved into the room, but was told that the light can only be fixed the next day as the maintainance staff is off work, so I report the problem again the next morning and the reception noted my request and said that the light will be looked at, but when I returned later in the day, the light was still not fixed. - The wi-fi signal is not good anywhere in the hotel - There is NO remote control for air conditioning in the room and all air con units are controlled from the reception desk. This is absurd! Also, the highest temperature allowed is 24℃, which is quite low - There is no electronic kettle in the room and the hotel does not provide guest with one even upon request. This is very inconvenient

- The location of the hotel is fairly convenient and a Metro station is right outside the hotel - The breakfast is OK and provide a fair amount of food choices - The hotel has air conditioner in the room and it is a savior in summer time - The bed and pillow were comfortable according to my sleeping habits. Some other guests may find the pillow not soft.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2018

Good value for money but basic
    • Standard Twin Room

Building works woke us the first morning but they put notices up. Tired decor (very brown). Tiny exceptionally slow lift.

Good location close enough to attractions but not too noisy. Comfy bed and pillows. Tasty breakfast (coffee vile though). Helpful staff.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

Recomended if internet connection will be functional also in the rooms of the hotel.

The internet connection on the room is not working all the time of srayung (4 days), and the staff was not able to correct this issue.

Location anad nice staff.

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

The poorly appointed room I'm afraid outweighed the pleasant breakfast so I wouldn't recommend it.
    • Small Single Room

This booking was not cheap, yet my room had no window and it felt more like a cell than a bedroom. I complained only to be told that I was not the first to complain, and would no doubt not be the last. Only the double rooms had windows on the outside world. If I had been told I was going to be installed in a pokey little room with no view on the outside world, if only an internal courtyard, I would have booked elsewhere.

The breakfast was good, although a little limited, with scrambled egg and bacon every day.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

A beautiful, friendly, clean hotel all within easy access of major sites and attractions in Brussels
    • Small Single Room

access to the hotel wi-fi could of been slightly easier

I enjoyed the size of the room, even though it was economy, the room had lots of storage space, great en suite facilities along with great toiletries, The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful, hotel breakfasts were prepared well in a lovely environment with lots of variety available, from cereal to cold meats, fruits to tea and coffee, the location of the hotel meant that access to the key areas of interest in Brussels was very easy with central station only a short walk away.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

The breakfast was good and we had a room with a balcony...

The wifi did not work in our room. We did get offered another room but i really liked our balcony so stayed put and used the foyer. Not ideal but was my choice not to move.

The breakfast was good and we had a room with a balcony which was lovely to be able to step outside and have a view of the city

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

(Almost) correct service for the price
    • Small Single Room

My room was quite, in exchange of the terrible view on the tubes and other machinery in the backyard. It was too warm in the room but could not turn on the air conditioning as its remote control was not provided.

Staff was great and polite. I forgot my cellular in my room. When I came back, it was waiting for me. Good location for sight seeing, shopping and the European Parliament. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Alright hotel, good location
    • Standard Twin Room

Bit smelly room upon arrival, but after I opened the window, everything was fine.

I was there only one night. The hotel offers all the basics you need. Good value for the money. Very good pillows.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Too expensive for what it is but the room was comfortable.
    • Standard Twin Room

Lift was too small. Internet doesn't work on Chrome and didn't get told even I asked the receptionist twice until I asked a different person in the reception the next day. Also, the bath glass curtain was too little. The water was everywhere on the floor when I had a shower.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

My usual place to stay when staying in Brussels.

Nil

My usual place to stay when staying in Brussels. Check in / out is easy with courteous staff. The hotel is close to several restaurants and has a metro station entrance right outside.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Personnel who tried not to disturb you, there were some work...

Absence of coffee early in the morning

Personnel who tried not to disturb you, there were some work in the hotel, and they changed me room to minimize perturbations

• Reviewed: June 21, 2018

Pied-a-terre for a buzzy Brussels short break.
    • Standard Twin Room

Shower room was small, and no tea/coffee making facilities.

Welcoming Reception staff who were more than happy to help. With a metro stop right outside the hotel in addition to bus services, the whole city is accessible.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Fantastic!

Nothing to complain.

Wonderful view from the window. Comfortable bed and pillow. Helpful and friendly stuff. Great location. Delicious breakfast. Public transport is near from the hotel. Walk distance to Central Train station. Taxi costs about 8-9 Euros from South Train Station/ Zuidi / Eurostar.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

No view but good location

The breakfast was annoying because the staff was making unbearable noise with plates and spoons during entire time. Even though there were no more than few guests, we still felt like in one of those Turkish Resorts where they serve hundreds of people at the same time.

Spacious rooms, clean, good location, comfortable beds, and my room was also quite.

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

A good choice for Bruxelles

The room was very hot (even with the window open). On the last morning I discovered that the air conditioning could be switched on by the reception. It could be a great idea to tell this at the check-in.

Nice room and spacious bathroom. The breakfast was great. The staff was also very gentle. The position was great: one minute from the metro station, and very near to the Grand Place.

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

location was good

During the check in, I asked about breakfast time and the reception man told me 8-11. On Monday, I was in breakfast room and there was nothing to eat. Asking the situation they told us that on weekdays, it is 7-10 !!!! The breakfast was very simple and the staff did remove the foods about 20 minutes before the mentioed time!!!! They clean the breakfast while guests have the breakfast, making noise of vacuum cleaner. The room aminities was really poor. Most of the staff were not sp welcoming. The control of air conditioner was in reception !!!

location was good

• Reviewed: June 8, 2018

Great location, good price, comfy room, good breakfast
    • Small Single Room

Got back from central square in the evening and found out that the coin-operated fridges in the hotel do not sell water! That was a big shock. Had to go out and find a place, there was none, had to go into Quick on the main avenue to buy water. It was a very hot day, couldn't just not have water at night.

A good hotel that is only a 15 minute walk from the central square. Room small but comfortable and clean. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast had good selection of food.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

Very good centrally placed hotel
    • Small Single Room

Nothing to dislike at all

I have been here a few times and always found it to be very good. It is only a short walk downhill! To the Grand Place. The metro station is very close to the hotel. The breakfast was plenty of choices.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Bed was big and comfortable.

Room smelled really bad. Breakfast eggs were floating in water.

Bed was big and comfortable. No noises during the night. Great location next to the metro.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

A good place to stop if on a Brussels city break.

No tea and Coffee facilities in room. No bar Aircon controlled by reception No chairs on balcony.

Clean room good Breakfast the perfect base for a Brussels city break.

• Reviewed: May 25, 2018

Excellent, affordable, perfect location
    • Small Single Room

There was little privacy as the window looked out onto the roof and across to other rooms. You can also hear people coming and going throughout the night, but it wasn't too noisy.

Great location, good breakfast, and comfortable rooms. The staff was friendly and the wifi was better than I had expected given previous reviews. Overall, it was a lovely experience.

• Reviewed: May 25, 2018

Ubicación
    • Standard Twin Room

Last week I saw on my bank account that the hotel took me 88euros for the reservation, then last Monday when I did the check out, I did pay the full price of the hotel (176 euros for two nights), and the receptionist told me that I was going the get my "reservation money back" the 88 euros on my bank account the following day. But I never get it back. I emailed them and they didn't answer

Ubicación

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

The hotel is very well located with a nice neighborhood,...
    • Standard Twin Room

Some amenities need to be fixed (in my room, one of the shower door was broken). The WiFi connection and TV channels could be improved.

The hotel is very well located with a nice neighborhood, metro and bus are nearby. Lovely staff. The breakfast was nice and complete. The rooms were simple, no noise from the outside.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Remarkable!
    • Business Double Room

If you like to receive the answer from staff that you better should have asked at check in when you like to have your bill on the company then you feel right here. Enjoy the dirty bathroom and dull room with less TV programs - why watching TV when you can use the slow internet connection? Enjoy the small choice for breakfast and enjoy the croissants from the day before yesterday. This was an memorable stay for me and the last one.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Comfortable, clean room, in a central location.
    • Standard Twin Room

We only stayed for one night, basically as somewhere to sleep. It was absolutely fine for our needs, but it's probably lacking in other facilities for people planning on a longer stay. Did see some pretty poor reviews of this hotel, but we can't say we agreed with those opinions. We had no complaints. Might not be too suitable for people with mobility issues, as had to navigate a staircase to access the breakfast room.

Location was excellent. Beds very comfortable. Our room (number 23) was bigger than expected, very quiet. Staff were friendly. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

Hotel needs refurbishment and bigger lift capacities to suit size of hotel

For the size of hotel having a lift that only 2 people with a small cabin bags can use is not acceptable. In our room we had no way of controlling the air con one of our friends room was the same and another’s did not work at all. When we arrived we were informed that the rooms would be ready after 2 pm. When we returned after 2 pm they were still not ready. A room that was offered to some friends that still was not ready had a very bad smell so bad that the couple had to ask for another room. The bath/shower was very flimsy and you could feel it flexing underneath you whilst showering we were both in fear that it would break under our feet. This also meant that when showering you had to stand at one end of the bath causing water to fall onto the bathroom floor causing a slip hazard on exiting the shower. We asked for extra pillows for our room,we were offered 1 the receptionist stating that they had run out of pillows. Toiletries in the room consisted of a bar of soap at the basin and a dispenser of shower gel in the shower the advertising pictures show a different expectation. On one day we received 2 bath towels but only 1 hand towel instead of 2 between 2 occupants. And a pile of coins change disappeared from the room during the day we presume taken by the cleaners/maids. In general the hotel was in need of some general maintenance and refurbishing and was not to the standard of a room costing nearly €100 per day. Without improvements I would not stop at this hotel again.

The breakfast was good and the double bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

I would definitely try to rebook the hotel in the future. Room #61 was very comfortable.

Eggs were watery. Bacon was half cooked. No exhaust fan in the bathroom. Glass deflector in tub/shower didn't work well to prevent water from splashing onto the floor.

Excellent view from room balcony. Excellent location in regards to "Olde Town." Metro access was ideal. Nice view from the breakfast room. Thanks to Benny for working to relocate us from an interior room.

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

The Hotel was perfectly located.
    • Small Single Room

The rooms were rather too small and dark. And this was my first time experience staying in a hotel where the Air Condition was controlled by the Receptionist i.e. I had to request each time I wanted to adjust the room temperature...weird!

The Hotel was perfectly located...well at least for my work. It was close to the city center and the street in front of the hotel was also nice with few cafes and some good shops.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Location was very good.
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was dark and lacking air. If you are looking for a good looking, fresh room this is probably not the best address. Wifi was problematic, cannot connect at all.

Location was very good. It is in 15minutes walking distance to city center and many attractions. The rooms was large and comfortable enough for one night stay. The breakfast was ok.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

Great location, nice & clean rooms.
    • Standard Twin Room

Wifi connectivity is a little issue.

Great location, nice & clean rooms. Breakfast was decent and staff at the reception was helpful. The room had air conditioner.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

Perfect location with basic rooms

Room could certainly do with an upgrade however location more than made up for that.

Breakfast was very nice, location within easy walking distance of Grand Place, Metro stop right outside, staff very friendly and helpful with luggage storage

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

Everything was great.

Quite room, not a lot of people. Nice view from the breakfast room. Everything was great. The only one confusing thing - you should be aware that the remore control for the air condition is absent (you should call the reception) + ask the Wifi password on the reception too.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

The staff (morning shift) at the reception was not very helpful. Smokes a lot. Hotel doesnt have a parking and dont assist in finding the parking.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Perfectly located, beautiful boutique hotel which is close...
    • Small Single Room

Perfectly located, beautiful boutique hotel which is close to most of important tourist sites. Had a wonderful stay. Staff was amazing too. I was travelling alone - felt safe throughout my stay. Breakfast was great too.Thanks

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

Good location but this is not always enough....
    • Small Single Room

In my room (at least) the internet was not working well. Also, the mattress of my bed was terrible, it was not "straight" but had an inclination to the right (room 28), owners should fix this. Another negative thing was the elevator. There is one, small and slow elevator for a 5-level hotel with many rooms and the result is that elevator is always so busy. Hopefully, I was in the 2nd floor and use the stairs.

The location of the hotel is really good ! It is very close to "Brussels Central" station and the "Porte de Namur" Metro Station is almost outside the Hotel Entrance. Very close to the hotel there is also a taxi stand. The central square "Grand Palace" is just 15 minutes walking time from Hotel.

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

Near the center and all beautiful buildings in town!
    • Business Double Room

Near the center and all beautiful buildings in town! The hotel outside looks like very clean and rich, but inside is a little decadent... the bed lights didn’t work, the sink was dropping, the towels are torn...

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

Nice, clean & comfortable hotel 15 minutes walking...
    • Business Double Room

They say they rent bicycles, but the receptionist didn't know what we were talking about. Also, parking is actually €18/24h.

Nice, clean & comfortable hotel 15 minutes walking distance away from the downtown

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

Good location, great value for money.
    • Standard Twin Room

The breakfast was average, and the door locks could do with an upgrade.

Good location, within 10 minutes walking distance of the Grand Place. Friendly staff also, and the rooms were quite spacious.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

Very good value for money

Was weird to have to call the reception to close/open the AC... a room thermostat would have been easier. Could have had boiled eggs instead of omelet, which was not the best. Housekeeping should vacuum the room more, it was dusty and the carpet dirty even though we walked bare-foot. Everything else was just fine!

Great breakfast buffet, they have everything for every taste: fruit and veggies, eggs and bacon, 4 types of pastries, hard and soft cheese, ham, normal milk, yogurt and cereal, jam and 3-4 types of bread/toast, OJ and multivitamin juice, 5 types of coffee

• Reviewed: April 20, 2018

Good location, but would not stay again
    • Small Single Room

- The room was very small - There was no ventilation in the bathroom, therefore the room stayed super humid after every shower - Air conditioning was - Linen was not changed even once during 4 night stay, neither were towels - During breakfast tables were not cleaned quickly - The elevator broke in the middle of my stay and it was not fixed for 2 days including my check out day. I had to take down the stairs my suitcase (20 kg) from the 6th floor to the reception, no help was offered despite my question about it

- The location was great - 20 min walk to the main square - Internet worked fine

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Bett was nice.

Breakfast was super super basic. Nothing special. No remote for AC/heater. Needs to be regulated by the reception. WIFI connection was not good. No connection in our room.

Bett was nice. Employees friendly.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2018

Nice staff, very professional and helpful.
    • Standard Twin Room

Maybe it would be nice to have more fresh fruit for breakfast.

Nice staff, very professional and helpful. Location. Quiet room. Right table and office-chair type for people who have to work/study while traveling.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2018

Room size was good, bed was comfy, breakfast was good.

No control over air/heat in the room, managed by the front desk. Pillows were like bags of cotton balls lumped together.

Room size was good, bed was comfy, breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2018

Quality of the mattress and pillows was poor, expected much...
    • Business Double Room

Quality of the mattress and pillows was poor, expected much better from this hotel. I asked for an iron and was asked to come down to reception to get it - in my pyjamas that is. Breakfast was very basic.

• Reviewed: April 12, 2018

Enjoyable businesstrip with possibility to explore Brussels

The elevator was painfully slow and it is way too small if you are carrying a lot of luggage. There were not enough varieties in breakfast.

The facility is very well accessible from Brussels South. Most of the iconic places of Brussels are on walking distance. Room was comfortable, very clean and the WiFi was excellent, so very well suitable for business trips.

• Reviewed: April 12, 2018

Was very surprised for a three star hotel the rooms...
    • Business Twin Room

Was very surprised for a three star hotel the rooms didn't have an iron or tea/coffee facilities. Well located, but let down by lack of simple (but important) comforts.

• Reviewed: April 12, 2018

I will never visit again this hotel.

Not working or so slow Internet that even few standard emails download took 2 hours after standing in the corner of the room. I did not expect this can happen in Europe and especially in Brussels where people often come to work!!! This caused me serious damage because of important Skype meeting cancelled and no possibility to download important emails for next day meeting. The staff was aware about this problem, so it was not occasional situation!!! Hotel is not so cheap to not be able to solve it. I never saw this in not developed countries, it is really unbelievable to happen this in Brussels!

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

Good
    • Small Single Room

Breakfast was fine but I had to walk on stairs and it was hard for me.

I asked for room close to elevator but they didn’t confirm. When I arrived he tried to give a good room but it was far away from the elevator. I have problems to walk. Close to shops.

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

Ask for the highest floor and check if your room is not at the side of the street!

I asked in advance for 2 rooms, close to each other and if possible, on a high (the highest?) floor. When arriving I found out that the rooms were on separate floors, in case first and second. Since this was important, I asked to change for two rooms. What they did. Now on the same 1st floor. But, at night, this meant that we were sleeping at the side of the main street and this was so noisy (cars with loud sound system, trying to go as fast as possible… and much more). So we woke up many times… this is really not the service that you want. So I am very disappointed as you can understand.

The breakfast was kind of okay and the neighborhood is close to the centre and many different places, but...

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

A good location to explore central Brussels

Location of the breakfast room necessitated going down to the ground floor and walking up 2 flights of steps.

Location near the centre of the city and access the museums and archives and restaurants.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

Could be much better.

Stayed in hotel in early 90s and it was great but now is in need of complete refurbishment, uncomfortable bed and pillows, insufficient lighting and the non smoking bedroom smelt strongly of smoke!

Great location, friendly staff and a decent breakfast.

• Reviewed: March 30, 2018

Good staff-insufficient quality for the price of the room
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was looking at machine room and there was no remote control of air conditioner.

The old guy at the reception was so helpful and breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2018

Great location and breakfast. Furnishings could do with a revamp

Decoration in my room was rather drab and depressing. Writing desk in the corner not really equipped for the modern connected businessman. Ok for one night. But not for a city holiday. Wifi wasn't working - at least I got no signal. Apparently only in the lobby and breakfast room.

Breakfast was fine. This is an old hotel with a very central location, though be aware it is at the top of a hill if you are walking with a suitcase from Brussels central station.

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Not worth the money
    • Small Single Room

I don't know how this is rated a 3 star hotel. The rooms are old, dingy, gross carpet, gross bed duvet, and very dim lighting. To top it off my room had bedbugs which I took photos of. They did switch rooms, but on the second night I noticed I was getting bitten. Honestly this could happen at any hotel, but there were no concessions made for this horrible experience. I lost a full night of sleep over this which meant I had a really late start on sightseeing the next day.

Location is great. Right next to subway and within walking distance of major sites. One of the staff was very pleasant.

• Reviewed: March 24, 2018

Centrally placed hotel but needs maintenance

Breakfast was great

Room carpet seemed too old. The floor hadn’t had central heating on. Radiator in the bathroom was cold all the time. Aircon of the room was switched on but perhaps the temperature control thermostat on it wasn’t working well.

• Reviewed: March 24, 2018

The position of the hotel ist very good.
    • Small Single Room

It was very dirty. Parts of the guests bevor could found in bathroom. The towels had make up onto. The WiFi was catastrophic. Often it didn’t work or it was very slowly.

The position of the hotel ist very good. It is near the central city

• Reviewed: March 20, 2018

The hotel was very central but very silent.

Nothing. But we would have appreciated a hospitality tray (with tea and coffee...)

The hotel was very central but very silent. Good breakfast, with a large choice.

• Reviewed: March 20, 2018

Very good place to stay in Brussels!
    • Standard Twin Room

I liked very much the cleanness of the rooms, the table and chair were very good for working with labtop, the breakfast was very tasty, and the most important for me: the air quality was excellent!