Reviews of Leonardo Hotel Charleroi City Center 3 stars

Boulevard Joseph Tirou 96, Charleroi City Centre, 6000 Charleroi, Belgium

#12 of 19 hotels in Charleroi

Recommend

Everything was great.

Very comfortable beds, spacious room, shining bathroom, electric tea pot and supplies. Right in the center of the town, next to resaturants etc. Free parking at night below the hotel. Attentive host who gave all the necessary for comfort of our stay. Would certainly recommend!

good, great
    • Budget Single Room

tv program broadcasting had sometimes problems, it did not worked regurarly. The airplane delayed, therefore i arrived late to the hotel, fortunately the hotel reception was open till 23 o'clock, because after that closed so I would have been have problem if arriving after 23oclock.

great location of the hotel restaurant, top of the building, full window with great view, panorama to the entire city during breakfast, lunch, dinner. very comfortable.

Good stay
    • Comfort Twin Room

The bed was single and were put together to make it as one big bed, so theres always hole when i move abit lol! Summer is super hot and warm so i had to move the bed towards the ac but overall its a nice hotel

Theres lift, close to the train station and city centre, we got upgraded to a bigger room and thank you!

nice place, well located and very affordable
    • Comfort Twin Room

It was super hot that day and the windows were blocked so that it opened just a little bit. There is an air conditioner but if you can't stand it, the room can get very hot!

Great location, train station and shopping center are in walking distance. The room was big and clean, enough towels for two people. I was surprised to find a kettle in the room and a small fridge! Overall I enjoyed staying in that hotel!

Definetely would recomend for stopover!
    • Comfort Twin Room

We've arrived late, so I've decide to stay at Charleroi. For this price it is amazing offer. Clean, no smell in the room, bath, 10min or so walking to train station. Just near the hotel you can find bars/cafes/etc Once again, it is very good offer.

Close to the train station, close to shopping center, staff...
    • Comfort Twin Room

The mattress is not very good, breakfast is too expensive

Close to the train station, close to shopping center, staff is nice and helpful, good price, room is big

Overnight Stay in Charleroi
    • Comfort Twin Room

The hotel needs some refurbishing. The interior and the facilities looked somewhat old and worn out.

The hotel was right in the city center and within short walking distance from the train station. The room was big enough and had everything we needed for an overnight stay in Charleroi. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Charleroi your gate to Wallonia
    • Budget Single Room

Extremely nice and professional staff. I landed to late and was trapped on the airport. When I called hotel , they organised very quickly taxi to pick me up.

We had a great stay especially given it was just for one night.
    • Comfort Twin Room

The room was a little dusty. The cleaners need to do some more work with the cleaning.

It is close to the city centre and makes moving around less cumbersome. The sheets in the room were clean and the receptionist was professional with us; he gave us a new room after we had our reservations about what was originally assigned to us.

Perfect for a night before flying out.
    • Budget Single Room

Nothing, but it was only for one night.

Luxurious bed, amenities like coffee and tea in room, real glass glasses and cups, 15 minutes by taxi to airport

Happy guest who will be back again and who would certainly recommend this hotel.
    • Comfort Twin Room

I have stayed here before. The room can be a little warm and you cannot open the windows (for safety reasons), but the air conditioning helps. Little bit noisy at night if you have a room facing the square (Shopping Centre side of hotel). I have stayed here several times and the staff are for the most part friendly. I would however recommend the hotel staff (on checking out), that they ask the guests if they were happy with everything and enjoyed their stay and also to smile! That makes quite a difference to many guests and it takes very little effort. In my case, I book on price and location only, so it does not bother me. Just an observation!

The price is good value considering its very central location. Good selection of TV channels, very comfortable beds and quite good coffee & tea making facilities. Also clean room and bathroom. Extremely excellent water pressure.

Great overnigt choice for Brussels South transfer flight stays
    • Budget Single Room

The staff was extra friendly, helped to manage airport tranfers very efficiently, even if it was deeply into night. The room was impressively large. Great value for money! And in the centre of Charleroi, with 10 min. walking distance to railway station.

Clean sheets in an awful city to wait for a flight
    • Budget Single Room

If possible avoid this city. I stayed there for an early flight and the hotel staff tell you that your only option to the airport is a 20-Euro taxi drive. The bathroom was smelly.

Clean sheets and comfortable bed. Small chocolate compliments.

Never again
    • Comfort Twin Room

The rooms are dirty, the bathroom was dirty and the bed also. Under the bad I found empty soft drink bottles because I was looking for a electricity point. All the rooms are smoking rooms so it’s smelts dirty of sigarets. For the value you have better hotels around in the area. It’s a old hotel unfortunately time to make it new. I was here for one night because of my flight but it’s so expensive of what you get and please hotel the pillows are so funny I can’t call that pillows it’s to small and old. It’s not a pillow for sleeping

Only the location is nice middle in the center with all the shops.

Ok but never again unless hotel has a complete refurbishment. Not the norm for Leonardo hotels .
    • Comfort Twin Room

Room was very poor . Friends room was not clean. They were supposed to have a twin bedded room but ended up with a double bed and a small single bed.

Great Thai restaurant nearby

Our stay at Leonardo Hotel was very satisfying.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Our stay at Leonardo Hotel was very satisfying. The location of the hotel is great - literally 5min walking to the train station Charleroi Sud, and 2min away from the shopping center, many cafes and shops. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff-friendly and helpful. I would recommend the hotel!

Comfortable hotel in the centre of Charleroi.
    • Budget Single Room

Breakfast was tasty and served on time although @13,50 Eur p.p. no good deal & expect no smile in the restaurant.

Comfortable hotel in the centre of Charleroi. Airport and Brussels city center can be reached conveniently by public transportation, train/bus station is 7 mins walk. Early check-in much appreciated. Pleasant staff.

Room was nice and comfortable.
    • Budget Single Room

City itself is scary. I decided in the early morning better go to airport with taxi . Did not feel safe on streets. But it is not hotel blame. They do best what they can.

Room was nice and comfortable. Not far from train station. Friendly, helpful personal.

Nice city hotel

n/a

Good location, near center and train station, comfy bed, nice bath with tube, good size room, receptionist was very friendly and helpful with recomendations and directions

Very good option for a stopover!
    • Comfort Twin Room

Had stopover in Charleroi and booked a night here. Hotel is very nice, staff was welcoming and very helpful. Bed was comfy and room looked stylish. We arrived late so all restaurants were closed but receptionist told us there was a pub few steps away, and we headed there - it looked like whole city was having a beer up there :) Hotel is located close to a square with big shopping mall.

Good stay overall but unhappy with misleading information about the airport shuttle
    • Comfort Twin Room

Toilet seat! And the hotel says on booking.com that it has a shuttle from Airport which is not true, they don't have a shuttle. When I asked them about it, they just gave the public transport direction and the taxi details, this is clearly misleading information about the hotel.

Overall a good short stay, the bed was comfortable. Bathroom had the required stuff, shower was good too.

Poor and dirty
    • Comfort Twin Room

The room has a bad smell and it was kind of dirt, I ask to the front desk if there’s another room he told me no, later he smell was not comfortable so I dicide to leave and the man of the front desk was very rude

Just the location

Good value in central Charleroi

No complaints

Very comfortable bed and lovely cotton sheets. Very Clean and nice staff. Breakfast at EUR 13 isn't cheap but was good and you could take as much as you wanted.

Good value for money
    • Budget Single Room

It was a bit cold in the room even after adjusting the temperature and the bathroom looks a bit old.

Spacious room & clean room, great location (just 10 mins walk from the train station) and a few meter from the central square. Staff was very nice, easy and quick check in.

I liked the top location (city center) of this hotel and the...
    • Comfort Twin Room

The room needed some maintenance. Wallpapers needed to be stick again. Overall I had a nice stay there :)

I liked the top location (city center) of this hotel and the cleanness of the rooms and the nice and polite staff.

Brief but tasty !
    • Comfort Twin Room

Everything was fine - we didn't stay for breakfast. The tram to the station is about five minutes walk - out of hotel and turn right.

Well basically we just needed a place to stay as we were too late to get back to Aachen by train from Charleroi airport. It was a Sunday so the original restaurant we wanted to go to nearby was closed but we found a great Thai restaurant. Come out the hotel - turn left and about 6 minutes walk and across the road.

awaful hotel!
    • Comfort Twin Room

awaful hotel! this is supposed to be a chain! We have stayed in another Leonardo hotel in genmany but this in charleroi was just awaful! I was even afraid to sleep! unsafe hotel environment, room disqusting, not clean! definitely not a 3 star hotel! poor light, I did not even have a bath!!! no shampoo, no soap!!!!

i wont return definitely
    • Budget Single Room

they say they have shuttle service but is not real, i call them and they just say they can book a taxi for me.. the room smell so bad, old decoration, destroy furniture.. you can listen the next room

Located in the city center.
    • Comfort Twin Room

The room looks much older in reality than in pictures, bathroom oldish as well. Although on the hallway everything looks new and modern, our room was old and with an unpleasant smell. A bit noisy

Located in the city center. Underground parking during the weekend. Good bed. Internet.

It is the place to stay just for one night.
    • Comfort Twin Room

The breakfast was absolutely cold although we were down at 7:00AM(this is the time when breakfast starts). I do not know if the windows are OK, but I heard anything what happened on the street while I was on 6th floor, it is kinda noisy.

It is just a usual place to stay overnight, nothing more. The guy at reception was cool, more like them. The bed was really comfy. I like if hotel's breakfast consists lot of Nutella and this was the one.

Great local hotel
    • Comfort Twin Room

The battery in out door went dead so we couldn't enter our room, we went off for the day. staff rang our room before 12 check out day to make sure we were ready to be out at 12.

Local and very friendly staff

Beds are crappy.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Booked a comfort-doubleroom with one large double bed. But was given a room with two single beds pushed together- and the beds were too soft. Toilet is mounted so close to the wall, it is difficult to use it.

Friendly staff- easy public parking

Very good.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Have a real double bed and not two one-person beds put together.

Large, great-looking room. Facilities were in order, nice view. All this on a budget. Was expecting something small and simple but it was of top quality.

The rooms are large and comfortable.
    • Comfort Twin Room

This is about the city : you didn't have much to do or see. The shopping mall closes at 20:45. I stayed here a night because I had a flight the next morning. I would recommend staying one more night in other city other than this.

The rooms are large and comfortable. The bed is great and the bathroom is also very spacious and neat. The hotel is in the city center near the shopping mall and close to the main train station.

I wouldn’t stay there again.
    • Comfort Twin Room

One of the worst beds I have ever slept on... the two double bed was uneven causing the middle to slip out. We had to sleep two people on the smaller twin. That smaller twin was so lumpy that I woke up with severe back pain. I had to leave a day early because of how terrible the beds were.

The location was extremely great.

Kinda ok
    • Comfort Twin Room

There had been smoking in the room and it smelled very bad. We tried to air out the room but the window was made so you cannot open it more than 10 cm, so it was useless. You can hear everything that is happening in the hallway, because the front door which does not soundproof or it did not close properly. I wouldn't recommend it for more than 1 night.

Good if you are tired and need a place to sleep for the night.

Good for spending one night and take a flight
    • Budget Single Room

I took the shuttle to the airport, after reserving in the reception. They told me it costs 20€. However, when I arrived to the airport and tried to pay with credit card, they told me it is 30€. They should have warned this in advance.

I arrived very late in the evening and the receptionist was really kind and patient despite I was tired and I just wanted to check in quickly and go to bed. The room was ok, clean and comfortable. It fits the price.

Location only.
    • Budget Single Room

Not value for money. I was given a twin room for just one person, but due to individual duvets I couldn't use it. The beds itself were really bad quality, you would sit in the middle and the two ends were lifted upwards creating a V shape, the mattress was very poor quality. Wall combi soap dispenser for hair and body, the exact same soap was used in the dispenser for hand was.

Location only. Hair dryer in the bathroom, the hose-like one but still a hairdryer. There is a shared ironing room.

Friendly, efficient and ready to help a client
    • Comfort Twin Room

Friendly, efficient and ready to help a client Tea-maker in the room Room was big and clean The hotel is close to the raiway station, but it was quiet.

Fine for an overnight stay en route to somewhere else
    • Budget Single Room

Staff not at all informative. Underground car park difficult to operate. Breakfast expensive. Two single beds pushed together makes an uncomfortable double, even for one person.

The location is very good.

The large room, the kindness of the staff at the reception...
    • Budget Single Room

No powersocket near the bed, ammenities in the bathroom of low quality.

The large room, the kindness of the staff at the reception desk. The underground parking. The good location in the city.

Overall it was a nice stay.
    • Budget Single Room

The window could not be opened more than a couple of centimeters and that was annoying. The surroundings of the building were noisy and that was noticeable even with the windows completely closed.

The room had all necessary things. The location is within walking distance of the train station/bus terminal, which is nice if you need to take the shuttle to the Airport for an early flight.

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would recommend it to others. It is value for money.
    • Comfort Twin Room

The location is excellent (5 min. walk to main street; 10-15 min. walk to train station). The staff are friendly, polite and helpful. The hotel seemed to be more modern this time than on previous visits. Maybe there have been some room renovations? For example, the floor in the room looked brighter, cleaner and new. All very positive.

Younger people might find Charleroi a bit boring as there isn't much to do.
    • Comfort Twin Room

It was a good experience in Charleroi.We didn't hire a car so used taxis to and from the airport for 20 or 25 euros.

Even though there was communication barrier but staff at reception were helpful.I would like to mention one staff of ethnic minority if that's the term was the kindest and most helpful person we have ever dealt with.He went out of his way to give us information and directions in Charleroi.Because of him we enjoyed our stay and felt welcome

Great!!
    • Budget Single Room

Some people were really loud, even after 10pm.

The room was quite big and very clean, it also had tea / coffee making facilities and tea bags so you could make yourself a nice cuppa. The bathroom was really nice and clean. The location is great, it's a 10min walk from the Charleroi Sud train station.

Nice hotel in the heart of Charleroi
    • Comfort Twin Room

One of two elevators didn't work while the stay. Coffee from the machine in the breakfast area made me very upset.

Location is excellent - in the heart of the town. Pedestrian street with lots of restaurants and bars and shopping mall as well are 2-3 mins of walk from the hotel. There are at least 4 parkings close to the hotel - almost infront of the entrance - those are free of charge from 17.00 upto 09.00 but catch a lace costs some time. Breakfast was good enough.

We were placed in a smokers room.
    • Comfort Twin Room

We were placed in a smokers room. Nobody asked us if we were smokers or not. We came really late and didn't have the patience to discuss so we just accepted the room.

A expensive visit!
    • Budget Single Room

The charged me for 2 nights but iI only stay and booked 1 night. Not good. I. will try to get my money back again.

It was OK an old type hotel no air-conditioning turned on before after 2 at night

Practical and confortable
    • Comfort Twin Room

The room was very large and completely renowed. The city center with lots of shops and restaurants is 5 minutes away. The pedestrian zone is 50 meters far.

Great hotel in an excellent location
    • Budget Single Room

Great location,great price and very friendly staff. This hotel is in the heart of the city with a big shopping centre 2 minutes walk away. There are pubs and clubs on the same street and the Charleroi sud train station is just 5 minutes away. Great atmostphere in the Irish bar! Definately worth a visit.Great hotel in an excellent location!

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Hotel ok but avoid the resturaunt.
    • Budget Single Room

The associated restaurant was awful salad drowning in mayonnaise and pork that was no stranger to the frying pan. I was also not allowed water from the tap only bottled water. If ever a restaurant needed Gordon Ramsay it was this one.

Hotel receptionist was very helpful and spoke excellent English.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Budget Single Room

Not friendly staff. They knew I as to check-out by 12:00pm, but the maid knocked my door at 9:00!!!! asking me to allow here to change bed linen. :-( really bad staff!

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

A good choice in Charleroi, but slight disappointment
    • Budget Single Room

Breakfast was not up the the standard I expected at the price. Also my medication was taken from the table and thrown away while I was having a quick hand wash during the meal. Then, no apology!

Convenient location, spacious room and though no aircon a large fan kept me cool despite the extremely hot weather. Reception staff were especially welcoming and helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

I like the reception staff.
    • Comfort Twin Room

I did not like the bed. For me it was not comfort double bed i red on Booking.com website when i was booking the accommodation. I found 2 twin bed placed together to become one double bed. There was a hole in the middle. I did not sleep comfortably. I did not appreciate. I didn't choose that kind of bed. I was disappointed.

I like the reception staff. They always smile, and were kind and helpful. My rating for them is 10/10

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

My stay was for work,i apreciate the quiet and the wifi for free,
    • Budget Single Room

I don t have much to dislike,it is what i see on boocking. The city is little,dont offer much think to see,but the hotel is good in relation to price, the only remare can be about the oldie of the structure,but its clean and comfortable

The proporti is located in a center,so u can walk easy and found Shop and restaurant,its clean and sale. The restaurant in the hotel it is very good and People very professional and friendly

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Inget.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Allt...Mycket dåligt hotell,ostädat,hår i badrummet...Sängkläderna luktade mycket skunket....Mögel i rummet samt i badrummet....Fick rum på 5:E våningen och det var bara katastrof 👎😞Vi checkade ut efter 45 min gick inte att vara i rummet...Sämsta hotellet någonsin har nog aldrig varit på något sämre...När jag säger till personalen så bara skrattar han och låtsas att han inte förstår vad jag pratar om...-10 poäng för detta hotell...👎👎👎😞😞😞

Inget...Mycket dåligt boende...Skulle aldrig rek detta till någon

A Good Layover Spot.....
    • Comfort Twin Room

Hotel was clean and rooms very spacious. Staff was helpful and friendly. The town, itself was kind of dumpy, but we were just there for an overnight layover...an easy 15 minute bus ride to airport from train station.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

good location, easy and walking distance from everything.
    • Comfort Twin Room

needs renovation, was noisy even at night and closed windows

good location, easy and walking distance from everything. Great staff on the reception! Very spacious room and bathroom with coffee/tea facilities and was so nice having a cup of next to the window on the 6th floor in a comfy chair looking over the tops and you can see the Belfry as well!

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Great value hotel for a short stay
    • Comfort Twin Room

Lovely large, clean, room with an exceptionally comfortable bed. The hotel restaurant was very good and all staff we came in contact with were very friendly, polite and helpful.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Stay away from here unless desperate
    • Comfort Twin Room

Dirty room and thin walls... requested non smoking and was put in a smoking room. Beds old and extremely uncomfortable; I could feel every spring and the bed was so uneven I was slipping off the side

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Good location - very close to the station ( in a walking...
    • Comfort Twin Room

The hotel has his best days behind him. Some restoration would definitely improve the standard. Plus the smell wasn't really nice. Would change the shower - it's not really convenient when it's in very narrow bathtub with w curtain that may stick to your body during the shower...

Good location - very close to the station ( in a walking distance), vary nice staff

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

close to centre, close to railway station
    • Comfort Twin Room

on bookings site, it says "airport shuttle" they dont even try, you can order a taxi; this was very misleading and we chose actually because of shuttle!

close to centre, close to railway station

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Very nice hotel
    • Comfort Twin Room

The radiator was not on when we reached the hotel and the room was cold . we turned it on and after 15minutes it was ok

Very nice room and it also had coffee and tea in the room for us although we didnt have a breakfast plan

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Ok
    • Comfort Twin Room

Taxi driver recommended by the hotel tried to take more money (as usual for the taxi drivers all over the world I think, unfortunately) for the ride to the airport,,,

Very close to city center and train station Clean, comfortable, safe

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Staff was helpful.
    • Budget Single Room

A lot of Black Mould on the window curtains and in the bathroom. Asked to change the room immediately and I got another one without mould. Anyway the hotel needs to be renovated. Everything has been well used. Even the carpet has big holes in it.

Staff was helpful. Located in the city center.

It was simple, clean, comfortable and very close to the...
    • Budget Single Room

The shower head was a little broken and I was put in a smoking room even though I requested a non-smoking room - but, I did book very last minute.

It was simple, clean, comfortable and very close to the train station.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

It is not a safe location.

It is not a safe location. Also we ordered package: sleep, park and fly but we had problems with transfer. Taxi was late 20 min and the driver dropped us in a other place because he didn't have entering ticket for parking

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Stay somewhere else
    • Comfort Twin Room

very noisy, very unclean, the sheets had stinks and blood, we couldn't take a shower because the shower was broken and there was no water, they didnt offer us a new room... very bad, dont saty there. Coffee in the room was like 4 years before, bad taste, had been there a long time.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Location, close to the charleroi AirPort (15min) and in the...
    • Park, Sleep & Fly Package - Comfort Room

It looks a bit old, clean but old

Location, close to the charleroi AirPort (15min) and in the city center of charleroi to be able to grab food. The room we booked also came with an AirPort shuttle. The reception was friendly and recommended a Nice place To eat

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

Mystay in Sharleroi
    • Budget Single Room

- Location - very close to the city center and trainstation - Price / quality ratio - Comfortable rooms - The staff is very helpfull, very kind , very considerate - I received assistance and support in a difficult situation for me - I recommend

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

Helpfull staff, walking distance from train and bus stations.
    • Comfort Twin Room

The room we got was very old, not as on pictures on their page. Windows were really dirty from outside. What was worse, our bed was full of hair, I never seen such mess on hotel before. When we complained, we got new reconstructed room, which was ok. For this price, I would expect breakfast included. Local tax not included in price and need to be paid extra.

Helpfull staff, walking distance from train and bus stations. No disturbing noise from outside during the night.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

A decent overnight stay for onward travel
    • Budget Single Room

Rather difficult to find at night. Extensive road and pavement works.Entrance to hotel can easily be missed.

Convenience to rail and bus station. Excellent a/c and fan. Quiet room. Decent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Better try to find another hotel
    • Budget Single Room

Old rooms, outdated furniture, clogged sink, uncomfortable bed.

The hotel is close to the train station and that's all. I wouldn't recommend it

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Decent hotel for last minute booking
    • Budget Single Room

I have two recommendations for this hotel. 1. My mini fridge was not working. When I asked the front desk, he said it was not really a fridge, which I did not understand. But the staff came to my room and did something and said it should work but that I should know it is not a fridge. It did not work and I stayed confused. 2. I was a solo traveller but got a big room with 2 single beds stuck together. If I were a couple I would have been annoyed cause 1 bed was "deflated" and the other was normal. So on one side you sank considerably compared to the other. Would recommend to make sure mattresses are at least the same in the 1 room.

Had to make a last minute booking since I missed my flight from Charleroi. This hotel was decent; booked last minute so the bang for the buck was a little low as a result I believe. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was huge with a big bathroom. Good location next to train and main pedestrian zone and 15 minute bus ride to Charleroi airport. Grocery store is a 5 minute walk (but fridge does not work so be careful what you buy). Wifi worked well and the room was clean. I did not use any other facility or have their food as I was only there for a short night.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

Regular mid budget french hotel in Charleroi
    • Budget Single Room

Hotel is a bit old and shabby, as well as Charleroi - lots of cunstruction works around (july 2016), but generally all great.

Location is amazing, very central. Decent room size, very clean.

Browse Leonardo Hotel Charleroi City Center traveller photo gallery