Reviews of Chelton Hotel EU 3 stars

48 Rue Véronèse, 1000 Brussels, Belgium

#106 of 215 hotels in Brussels

No tea-kettle, no coffee/tea

The room is spacious. There is some work space in the room, which is good for business clients. Water is provided. Located in EU neighbourhood, 3 min from the European commission building and subway station. Beds are wide and comfortable. Room had two big windows and was full of light.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing. I liked here everything.

This hotel is the best between those *** or **** I've visited in Brussels. Large comfortable room, that was better as in others. And the breakfast? THE BEST.

• Standard Single Room

I got a small room on the groudn floor next to the reception desk for 158 EUR. Far too expensive, even for Brussels. There was no special facilities in the room, not even TV remote. I am really dissappointed!!!! Will never take it again.

n/a

Excellent location, very good breakfast, near bus stop to Brussels airport, 7-10 minute walk to European quarter, very good and helpful staff. Very quiet neighborhood, near park zone. Excellent for sports oriented people and jogging.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Could have a safety deposit box.

The staff was super helpful, even offered to charge my phone as I had forgotten my charger. The room was comfortable, with all the amenities that you might need.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

My room, on the top floor, had a door towards the hotel terrasse instead of windows. This terrasse can be accessed by anyone, which basically meant that if I did not want to be in the dark everyone outside could see me, which was highly uncomfortable. Apart from that, the bed and pillows were quite hard (although I guess taht's a personal preference) and there were no electric plugs near the bed.

Very well located near Schumann, the room was clean and ok, bathroom too. Everything is quite new.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The wifi was disconnecting a lot, but maybe this is due to the think walls of the building.

Fantastic location close to place Schuman. Very good price-quality. Different breakfast every morning, good quality.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Only a short overnight stay, great price, short walk to restaurants and bars, convenient for our purposes, clean and tidy, basic facilities, great roof terrace, good views, polite and friendly staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The carpet in the room was very dusty. In every step, you could see dust hovering in the air! Room cleaner didn't change my dirty mug for three days! Also didn't put new coffee and tea bags in my room. Towels are old. Charge extra money even for one hour late check-out.

Only advantage is the central location!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

My room was not accessible by elevator. The desk clerk seemed surprised I did not want to carry my 23 kilo case up teo flights of stairs. See above comment as well

Staff not helpful or informative. I did not use the wifi because no one told me the code was on the keychain and I did it see if (the large wooden rectangle was on top of the small plastic card with the wifi code). I did not have breakfast because the staff members disjoint tell me that breakfast was available or at what times.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Carpet color. Dark. I didn’t like it. It doesn’t bring any brightness in the life!

The room was clean and nice. However the carpet was dark color. The room walls painting was dark. So the room was dark, and it brought the sadness. No shining life. It’s not good for some people are stressed or in the bad mood. I don’t like dark color in the house! Apart From that, I like the hotel, and I enjoyed my stay. Clean. In general, it’s a nice hotel for relaxing.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

a mini fridge would be good

This has been my first stay at the Chelton Hotel. The overall attitude is great, the room was spacious and well equipped (a plus for the multitude of plugs). Near Schuman station and easy to go to European institutes and great for business visits (2 - 3 days). Not noisy (4th floor, room 47). Definitely worth the stay and money

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The toilet smelt like cigaret but it was not a big deal. Everything was fine.

I love the room how spacious it was, It had closet, toilet and shower room separately which I liked about. They had TV and table to put our stuff on. The bed was comfortable enough to sleep. It had a big window and air conditioner. It was not that far from the centre.

• Standard Single Room

I think three things should be improve. One is the day light. I got first room next to reception with very thin window and during a day there was incredibly dark. Second thing is SPAM on email. I received to many mails from hotel before, during and after my stay there. Third thing finally - price for extra services. 14 € for breakfast and 15€ for parking per day Is definitely overpriced and should be include in a room price.

Service was very professional. I asked for Brussels map and got one from reception. It was no problem to leave laguage after checkout. Room was very clean and quite. Each day got fresh towels. I like localization of object. It’s close to many place, where you need to go, when you are traveling to Brussels, neighborhood is next to European Comission, is very safe and calm around there.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Obnoxious staff and cigarette smell coming off the air vents despite a strict non smoking policy and penalty of €120. I reported the problem to the receptionist who shrugged and said ‘maybe someone is smoking’ and offered no apology. Maybe I should have demanded compensation of €120 for the inconvenience of having to breath stench of cigarette from their so called AC vent...

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Price charged for the Seafood week was way above the average one per night (almost 300 euro for one single night) Rooms are decent and ample but lack a bit of charm In general, the whole common area and the property would need a fresher look I think.

Big room with toilet separated from shower/bathroom Good location near Cinquentenaire and Schuman Rond Comfy bed and quiet area

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Electricity went out on the first morning but otherwise everything was perfect.

Room was very big and the two sinks in the bathroom was a nice addition. Bed was very comfy as well.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room, especially bathroom was so so small and not very well maintained. Then small details, such as unreliable windows, inconvenient door closing etc. make the worse impression.

Breakfast was good, but completely same in both days. There is very nice terrace, unfortunately it was too cold to spend time there. Location was good..business part of Brussels, close to shop, park (running is possible), not so far from city centre.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I can't think of anything I wouldn't like

The location is great, less than 10 minutes from the EU quarter. The room was very spacious and clean, i really enjoyed the stay!

Very narrow staircase with no lift support to our room. Very difficult and unsafe for kids and carry luggage. No Tea/ Coffee facilities in the room. They have categorized the room into superior and inferior with almost similar price and you will have no idea about the quality of the rooms until you see it.

Friendly staffs

• Standard Triple Room

I booked a room with a double bed as a single bed. At first they gave us a room with one single bed, that wasn’t even clean from the people who stayed before us. Our room get run down, light switch was almost off the wall, bathroom didn’t sleep great. Really bad lighting, and hardly any outlets.

The location was really nice!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel has a strange smell...the rooms are old and not so clean. The room has no view and it's far from the metro and the GRAND PLACE. The hotel it's really far from the Charleroi Airport. I asked about transfer to the airport and first they said 45 euros..then 140 euros!! That was not ok, because we paid in advance the room and we had to manage the transfer by ourselves. I don't think it's ok the price..the room it's not like in the photos..you should pay maximum 30 euros for this hotel.

The bed was ok.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Damp, creepy place, in photos it looked so much better. I was asked for a credit card (scanned copy)/cash 100EUR deposit.

A decent value for those who travel on a budget. Reccomended threshold: 70EUR/night, no more!!! Clean rooms, good location.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bathroom did not include a toilet, which was in a separate room (within our private room still)- this didn't bother me, however the room with the toilet was small, without appropriate lighting and no sink.

Very clean and comfortable hotel, close to Schumann station and many nice parks and cafes.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The common areas - particularly the corridors feel like an old Brussels hotel - could do with some lighting and livening up. Otherwise perfect. The light switches are clearly new but somewhat flimsy.

Huge rooms - highly finished. Ample breakfast with more options than usual - many healthy options too, in a nice rustic feel. Comfortable and original. An oasis in the city.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

If u had not charge me extra money because my husband came frm nursing home. We r both senior citizens, and did mention it. Also i wasnt sure they would let out. He had another stoke 3 weeks ago

• Standard Double or Twin Room

i didn't like that my room got stairs to reach the bed, the wc was at the first level and the shower + wash basin in the upper level so this is pretty weird. also to reach your balcony you need to retract the curtains at max because you can possibly rip them off. I didn't like that they make a copy of my credit card without saying why is it for until i asked for more info. the staff is just professional. not friendly they didn't reached my extra demands.

bed was comfy, room was clean, they cleaned my room when i left. i got a nice room with 2 balcony. the room was warm. nice location, carrefour: 5 min walk and metro 10 min walk. close to some attractions.

• Family Room

Light of the room and the toilet, small elevator

Price, staff, quiet, location. It was nice to receive an e-mail some dsys before asking if i need something in particular.

• Standard Single Room

An old building that would need redoing. Narrow, dark corridores and narrow starcases, all painted dark grey and very shabby. The room was a litter better, but the first impression was discouraging.

The location is excellent. Good heating that managed to warm up the room with very high ceilings in bellow zero temperatures. Though it did not seem to be working in all rooms as well.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Stayed here already several times. Simple but very good and comfortable hotel, great location just next to Cinquantenaire park & Schuman; room very spacious, big and good bed, location is quiet. Great value for money, will definitely come back again.

• Standard Single Room

It was very cold in the room, the heating was not working properly, after 5 min it was returning to 15 degrees. The room was small and gloomy, the pilow was awful. The room was located in the same area as the public lavatory. It was very noise in the morning and all the smell of food was entering the room. It was the ony hotel in Brussels which asked for the entire payment when I checked-in AND also to reserve 100 euro on the creditcard.

They asked 100 euros for each apartment as a guarantee. This was not described to "booking" rules. For this reason I don' t recommend to rent it

Very good place

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I stayed in a very noisy room. I could hear the elevator working all night long, very loud, which disturbed my sleep.

Good location. Bedroom was clean and the bed was comfy.

• Family Room

The night staff was very rude, arrogant and not interested in being friendly or forthcoming. The girl at the desk was downright accusing me of being stupid as I didn't change my creditcard details upon arrival (had received a new one just 2 days before) and know she had to change EVERYTHING... She also said to me that the person that arrived at the hotel at the same time as me (and also standing at the desk) got a much better room rate than me at half the price (as this was factually incorrect with 70 not being the half of 89 euros, and that guest had a double room and me having a family-sized room it is also NOT SOMETHING I NEED TO KNOW>>>) stupidest thing is that I have stayed at the Chelton for over 5 times in the last year, but with this experience, I will take my business elsewhere...

• Standard Single Room

I had to provide a credit card as guarantee (although I paid in cash) and sign a declaration that the hotel would charge on my credit card any damage to the property. This was surprising and a bit disappointing (no other hotel ever asked me to do anything similar in the past). This was a bit weird. And considering how spartan is the furniture, it's not clear to me what kind of damage you can realistically make. Anyway, I will forgive them ...

Very comfortable mattress and pillow. Very clean bathroom. Quiet although it was on the ground floor. It was a last-minute booking at mid-night, and the receptionist was very kind and efficient. The furniture is a bit spartan, but you don't need fancy furniture for one hotel night. There was a direct night bus from the airport to there. Very convenient location and price.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

100 euros deposit for the guarantee - I have no idea for what There is no locker in the room, just shelf, toilet is downstairs while bathroom is upstairs Breakfast room is very dark

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was expensive at €14 per night for a 3 star hotel. Probably it is because one is at the European quarters district!

Clean bathroom, comfortable bed!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is a little skimpy compared with other place in the same category. Its more French than Belgian.

If you need to be in the EU district, this is a very convenient location in an area that is not crowded or noisy. It offers good value for money.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

not all buttons worked but this is a marginal issue. In general, no disappointment.

location, staff, room size above average (location is good in particular if you have business in the EU district). Hotel sends you a welcome message and enquiry in advance in case you have a special request.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff is not really friendly Do their best but nothing extra Breakfast is very expensive -4 euro For s continental breakfast is too much

Not always clear what the renewed design signifies.dark colors and dark wood. Things do not always match .

• Standard Triple Room

Room wasn’t clean , the shower’s curtain was yellow at the end , there was a kitchenette which I guess was supposed to be closed but they forgot so when we opened it we found a bed cover thrown , although we checked in late , they really seemed they didn’t have time to clean the room

Room was big

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It was cold in the room especially on theside of the window. The heating was not working properly. You selected a higher temperature but after some time the temperature was decreased and you were getting cold air. There was no closet, just two shelves that were not enough. I would not recommend if you go in the winter

• Standard Triple Room

Entrance of the hotel had only stairs leading to reception - quite challenging as we had 5 luggages that were big and heavy.

The room is large. It was three of us and the room had a double bed and a single folding bed. Comfortable and clean room.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately, I booked two rooms instead of one room but hotel staff did not assisted us properly

heating was good and hotel is very near to restaurants and Metro

• Standard Triple Room

Poor value for 216 euros for 2 nights. They refused to give us even a kettle to make tea. Unfriendly and inconsiderate staff. We reached 2 hours early, they asked for extra 25 euros, to which we agreed, but they could not prepare the room. We said we'll go to the restaurant but it was not functioning. Not recommended.

• Standard Single Room

Although i payed with paypal i still had to show a credit card as i arrived, which I didn't have. I had to walk to an atm to get some cash

I got a bigger room as the one i had originally booked.

• Standard Triple Room

I was a bit disappointed that their parking lot was full and we had to park on the street. Thank goodness the car rental came with a city parking pass, that we had to change every 2 hours during the day. We had a triple room. Odd that it came with 2 glasses, 2 candies and 1 small bottle of water.

The location was good. Not too far of a drive away from the city centre. The area was quiet. The bed was comfortable.

No minifridge or minibar

Very basic room. I stayed for just one night, basically, to sleep, and the bed was good. 5-7 minutes by foot from Schuman train and subway station.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

the smell in the toilet, the cleaning of the carpet, the cleaning of the bathtub (it was blocked with limescale and i removed it myself), the heating system in the room is made by air condition.

the location is close to the business area i was interest. so it is good for a quick reaching around. the room is sober and with the minimum, which serves good. the relation cost - quality is ok comparing on what you may get around that area.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was small with basic facilities (no kettle which would have been nice)

The bed was very comfy, there were multiple bus stops and a metro stop very close to the hotel.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There was a mistake in the check-in but we payed what was supposed to be paid... sadly, another staff person wanted to charge us more in the check-out, creating several problems, accusing us of being dishonest and shouting with us. The cleanliness was also not appropriate, mainly looking at the shower doors in the bathroom, and the floor. I wouldn't recommend this place for the way we were treated by this staff member and for the misunderstanding / mistake from the hotel causing us a lot of stress.

The breakfast had diversity and the space, despite a bit cold, was friendly. Can't say the same about the staff, unfortunately.

My only criticism would be that there was no mirror with a plug next to it. Although there was a hairdryer in the bathroom.

Ample on street parking. Good shower. Room was massive and bed was very comfortable. 5 mins walk from Schuman metro station.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

the staff....omg I have no words. She is my boss, or I just owe her money or something

the hotel itself is alright, reasonable price and the walking distance to the subway is acceptable.

• Standard Triple Room

Dirty towels from previous guest still hanging on bathroom door hooks (in addition to new clean towels on racks). Property looked a little old and worn out, but otherwise basically clean. Lots of light by bed, but a bit dark near the desk and chairs for reading. Only one person at a time working at the front desk meant that there were sometimes long lines (including to pick up keys - key ring was too big to put in pocket so meant to be dropped off at desk when going out).

Great location for visiting EU institutions - closest were down the street, furthest were 20 minutes' walk away. Compared to prices for other hotels in the EU quarter, great value. Wifi worked well in room. Front desk staff (all of them) were super friendly. Easy to get from airport if trains are running properly (they were on the way in directly to Schuman Square, but I left extra time and needed it for my return to the airport - hotel is not responsible for unreliable Belgian trains).

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The lighting was far too dim in the room and in the breakfast room. I didn´t like tho wooden walls and ceiling, it looked like the hotel is under renovation...

The staff was friendly.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Wouldn't allow me and my uncle to pay separately. This is was rather inconvenient as had to pay the whole balance on my credit card. I only thought my credit card would be used for deposit etc then could of paid in cash separately and after the stay not in advance?

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff isn't very helpful. The room, sheets and pillow had strange smell. Bathroom floor and walls were full of hair. The whole room didn't seem very clean. There is a 50 euro deposit per night, too high. Toiletries are very basic. Wifi has restricted access. Not good value for money. Wouldn't recommend.

Location is perfect, walkable distance from Schuman and easy to reach from airport. Breakfast was ok.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The lighting was really really bad. The pillows are either too big or too small, too hard or too soft. Not enough hangers for clothes. No mirror in the bedroom, only one on the bathroom sink. Flushing system noisy even at night. Seriously over priced.

The bed was big and comfortable. The location is excellent: close to Metro/Train station and the European Institutions.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is super close to the institutions if you need to take EPSO exams or attend interviews - parking is on first come first served basis but there was also ample parking in the streets around. Room was very clean and cosy, i was given a quiet room as requested and staff was always ready to help with any request.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

In some rooms toilet and bathroom are separated if it makes an issue for somebody. Internet connection is good for mail and surfing but not so good for interment calls. Breakfast is good but should be described as cold buffet. If you come earlier and need to stay in the hotel before 1 pm, it is better to arrange in advance.

Nice place with unique but cozy design in the center of Brussels. Breakfast is good.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We were initially allocated a very small room with no privacy because of a public terrace immediatey outside, and unsuitable for 2 people. We were disturbed throughout the night by people on the terrace smoking and talking (despite notices saying the terrace was no accessible at night). We were offered a much better room the second night, but no attempt to otherwise compensate for an uncomfortable first night.

Good location and most rooms are quiet. Staff did address our issues with the room, but nevertheless we had one very unpleasant night out of 2!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Expensive breakfast, uncomfortable breakfast tables and chairs. Bathroom not clean on arrival.

Nice fresh juices, some very interesting breakfast choices. Located near Schuman.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

no amenities offered, breakfast is too expensive, the design is nice in the common areas but in many details it's just a superficial polishing of an old style hotel

Comfy bed and good-sized room

• Standard Double or Twin Room

-Not many vegetarian or vegan options at breakfast -Rooms not in very good shape (old and torn) -NEED to have a safe deposit in each room

Early check in was well-received

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Fire alarm went off in the middle of the night, was ringing for 2 hours and staff didn't know how to fix it. In the morning, staff was rude when dealing with complains. They did not even offer an apology or compensation.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The decor in the entry area, more suited to younger people? We are over 70. Staff to be a little more welcoming.

The hotel is convenient the shuman stations. comfortable and convenient for a short stay. We enjoyed tge pretty view from the toilet window!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

several (not just one) defect light bulbs in the room made it very dark (but informed staff who promised to replace faulty bulbs, hope this was the case for next guest staying in the room).

Good breakfast (extra cost); spacious rooms; modern decor.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast, not much choice. Example could have some hot plates like omelets and baked beans. The bath is really too small and is slippery and could be dangerous! Better to remove and have a shower instead.

Rooms are clean and quiet. Bed is comfortable.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Maybe switch to a keycard system. No showstopper though.

Breakfast is really nice, fresh juices, Iberico & organic breads. Location close to the park for running. EU institutions around the corner. Very convenient.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

You pay for the location. The hotel is expensive for what it offers. No minibar, no bar, easy restaurant only for lunch. Paying cash at the arrival, they asked me a deposit of 50 euro until the check out. Can't understand why.

Very good location in the european district. Comfortable bed. Silent room.

• Family Room

I would have liked more options for breakfast in terms of hot food but there is an excellent selection of cold items.

The room was fantastic, very large, comfortable and perfect for all the family. The breakfast room is great and very helpful and friendly staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The unique design of the hotel gives you a cozy feeling. Selection of food at the breakfast buffet was good.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

- our room was supertiny comparing with our friends. They booked the same type of room, and even in one room only one preson stayed, in our room we were two, but our room was approx 50% smaller. - in the evening I asked for an extra blanket, they were not able to give any - at the breakfast no alternative milk was available

the location was good, the quality of the breakfast was also okay.

I have nothing to say.

The accomodation was tidy and clean. I would recommend this hotel because it's a perfect compromise to stay and to move in the city.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Found a couple of ants running over my desk (room 38) but that was not a big deal

Everything was just perfect! Nice, clean rooms, friendly staff and good american-style breakfast. Location became super convinient. 2 mins to nearest pub, 5 mins to metro, pretty quiet place.

Browse Chelton Hotel EU traveller photo gallery