Reviews of Citadines Toison d’Or Brussels Aparthotel 3 stars

61-63 Avenue de la Toison d'or, Sint-Gillis / Saint-Gilles, 1060 Brussels, Belgium

#86 of 286 Holiday rentals in Brussels

Based on 1998 hotel reviews

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

very good
    • Studio

Noise in the corridor on the floor and noise outside (to improve sound insulation of the hotel building), to have better quality windows Small living part of the studio vs a big bed

Location Kitchen amenities Clean and neat studio Firm and comfortable bed with good pillows

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

I appreciate the fact that the receptionists know my...
    • Studio

Some drunken guests on the 4th floor being too noisy after midnight.

I appreciate the fact that the receptionists know my preferences (for a quiet room at a higher floor).

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Good place to stay to see the main brussels sights
    • Studio

They rent it more like a vacation home. Meaning you dont have maids coming to clean up everyday. I was fine with this but if you want maid service every day it is extra.

Great location. About 10 minutes walk from the palace and 15 to the Grand Place. Uber rides form most places were 4-6 Euros. Nice staff and clean rooms. Having the small kitchen was nice

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Great place for a weekend stay, affordable and everything is within walking distance.
    • Apartment

Bathroom had a few flaws, nothing major, but it could have been better. Also the room view was not that much. And we couldnt go for a late checkout, which was promised before hand.

Location is perfect, room was clean and affordable. good kitchen facilities and a great supermarket right around the corner. Staff is friendly

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Great place to base yourself for a full Brussels tourist experience
    • Studio

There was too much furniture in the small room for two people to comfortably move around

The beds were comfortable, the shower pressure good and the kitchen was well stocked with equipment. The location is fantastic, with good public transport connections or even walkable from the city centre.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Excellent location, clean comfortable room
    • Studio

Just slightly overpriced. Missing a breakfast included in the standard rate.

Excellent location for the meetings I needed to attend. Nice clean room with well-equipped kitchenette.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Nice!
    • Studio

There were no breakfast. I thing this should be changed as i like to have breakfast in the morning. Also there is no lobby bar.

I like the bed in the room and the bath. Also the internet connection was very good. There are a lot of things in the kitchen part of the room.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Good value for money next to the EU area of Brussels
    • Studio

The ambiance is oldish and could be improved with a little maintenance, the breakfast is rather expensive if bought out of the accomodation

Excellent location, quite and very spacious, excellent value for money ratio

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Perfect location, friendly peronel on the reception, our...
    • Studio

The bath towels and the cleanness of the coridors could be better

Perfect location, friendly peronel on the reception, our studio was upgraded to apartment, the apartment was clean and well equipped,

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Reasonable price, clean room
    • Studio

It is good if you stay 2-3days but I don’t recommend it for more than 4 days. They don’t clean up room for free during your stay.

Reasonable price, clean room

We found our stay delightful!
    • Studio

We had no complaints, staff were very friendly whenever we had a question for them. Location was very handy for us. Transportation in Brussels was very easy to get around and this hotel was located very close to the trains and the hop on hop off tourist buses!

The well equipped kitchen. I require gluten free food and having the kitchen helped me enjoy making a few meals that I knew for sure were gluten free as I bought the groceries. Did not have to go to restaurants and question the menu. When you are visiting another country, you don’t expect them to understand what “gluten” free meals are.

Does not worth it
    • Studio

would be better to have some tea, sugar, salt in the apartment and may be filtered water. As we came after long raining day, we wanted to make some tea, but didn’t find it. I expect that it should be in the apartments. No kitchen towel and no rag. Apartment was really dirty! Seems that just bedlinens was changed before our arrival. Dust was everywhere, on night tables, lamps, TV. We found in the bath hairs, in the bathroom floor were hairs as well and near the mirror traces of toothpaste. Seems that bath didn’t clean for really long time, it was very dirty! Towels should be changed, as it was in someone’s make up. There is no smart TV! Bed is not comfortable at all, pilllows are too small. I think there is no ceiling light to hide all the nuances of cleaning. I will not recommend this place even for 1 night On the checkin receptionist was very friendly, offer us to give some recommendations about Brussels, but we were so tired. On our checkout day in the morning receptionist just gave us a map and didn’t give any Recommendations. When we ask about good places for coffe and breakfast, he told us that we can buy coffe in the metro.

Location is really great. Walkable from the main railway station and to the city center. Design of the room is simple, but very good. Checkin procedure is fast

• Studio

Staff could have been friendly. No air conditioning, so not good for summer

Great location. Met expectations as a budget hotel; clean, with all you need. Would use again

Recommendable place to explore the city by foot.
    • Studio

Only the reception staff could have been a little more enthusiastic, but he handled all requests and answered all questions. So I guess he did his job.

The lobby is a bit worn off, but the room was modern, cleaned and in good condition. A small kitchen would have allowed to prepare simple meals. There even was a small dish washer. The bathroom was clean and well planned. Tube and shower were combined with a fixed splash screen so you could shower without flooding the bathroom like it happens in many other hotels. Parking is ok.

I made a mistake while booking I booked for 1 night
    • Studio

I made a mistake while booking I booked for 1 night Instead 2 . I contacted hotel to be told by confirmation that can be exstended. When arrived at hotel said fully booked can’t extend . So had to find another hotel .

Boa estadia
    • Studio

Cleaning service with big interval of days. The previous booking wasnt connected to the 2nd one so I didnt benefit of cleaning in my 3 days extension

Quality of furniture, utensils in the kitchnet

Brussels Belgium

Room view.

The man (Nares)on reception was always helpful and friendly. Good location. View from room was not the best but we did request a quiet room.

A nice stay in Brussels!
    • Studio

It's a bit odd that the toilet is separated from the bathroom itself.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is well located near Louise metro station and several shops. It's about a 20 min walk to Grand-Place and Brussels central station. The bed was very comfortable and the kitchenette was small but had everything we needed.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Excellent, as always. Will stay in Citadines apartments again.
    • Studio

There was no air conditioning, so we had to have the window open, which I generally prefer. However, there was a lot of late night noise, possibly due to the high rise buildings all round making the noise carry upwards. We walked 30 minutes from Brussels Midi train station to the apartment, but early in the morning we did not feel safe to walk back to the station for an early train out of Brussels.

As always, this Citadines apartment was lovely and clean. It felt new and modern, and very comfortable. The kitchen had everything we need to cook a hot meal each night we were there. There is good supermarket around the corner from the apartment, less than 5 minutes walk away. There are lots of restaurants and bars around. We didn’t have to stay in the centre of the old city at night to get a meal. The bed was comfortable with lovely sheets. The staff were very helpful, and gave us a free map of the city and showed us what we needed to see, & where to eat & get the best chocolate. They also booked a taxi for us to get back to the train station a few days later.

The kitchen was well equipped and very functional.
    • Studio

Checking out was slow, there was only one staff at a busy period in the morning. This happened to me more than once when staying at this hotel.

The kitchen was well equipped and very functional.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Ok could be better
    • Studio

The damp on the ceiling above the bath which I have a picture of. Has an atmosphere to the hotel which isn’t great noticed that on the first night and regulars.

If you like shopping it’s close to avenue Louise. That’s about it really everywhere else is a convenient ride on the metro into town. Beware the metro is complex if you don’t speak at least some french. Staff helpful.

Very nice hotel in a perfect location
    • Studio

I stayed only one night but found everything was fine

Staff very nice at the reception, room was large, bed comfortable. Iron and iron board in the room which is a good idea when your clothes have spent some time in a suitcases and you have a meeting in the morning.

Great value for money at the heart of Brussels
    • Studio

Cleanliness was okay but not perfect - those difficult spots to clean that always get missed were missed here too. Would have preferred if the bolt for the door was separate from the handle for a second layer of security (although the hotel entrance was already very secure, this was just an observation). Heads up room service comes at an extra price, and WiFi uses an e-mail login.

Great value for money, excellent location (can't stress that enough), room was a good size, good blackout curtains, variety of TV channels, good shower pressure.

Great location, tram, (not sure about metro), hop-on hop-off stop right across the street.
    • Studio

Noticed a bit smell in the bathroom when I turned on the shower, but still tolerable. A bit strange the toilet and the bathroom are separated (on two sides of the kitchen), weird but I guess for a couple of days it's ok.

Everything is pretty straight forward. No fuss, no surprises. Great front desk staff. Location is convenient. A few minutes walk there are a whole bunch of restaurants, although can't say I'm too impressed about the quality of food they provide. Well, it's not hotel's fault.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Very good location, comfortable bed, wide bedroom, good...
    • Studio

I found short and long hair everywhere.. on the bath, floor, bed sheet. The staff wasn’t friendly, the housekeeper came in the bedroom when we were there.

Very good location, comfortable bed, wide bedroom, good shower. Kitchen well equipped.

Close to tram station.
    • Studio

Extremely rude staff right from check in trying to buzz up from the Parking garage. Every interaction with staff was negative, they were all very rude.

Close to tram station.

Location was great, with a Hop-on-Hop-off bus stopping...
    • Studio

Quality of the towels and linen was not very good and the fact that it wasn't replaced each day (daily service was an extra charge, about €15 each day for a stay less than 6 days) made it less than satisfactory. We had to grab a few extras from the cleaners trolley as we passed it in the corridor to get by.

Location was great, with a Hop-on-Hop-off bus stopping nearby, supermarket underneath, nice walk to the city centre and restaurants close by.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Clean room with a well equipped kitchen.
    • Studio

Clean room with a well equipped kitchen. Comfortable bed. Good location, close to the main city's attractions Good trade-off between cost, comfort and location.

Well located aparthotel
    • Studio

Lifts need refurbishing Towels were rather old Not clear that cleaning of studio comes at an extra (OK this time as the price was good).

Location (close to Metro and Trams) Value for Money

Citadines review
    • Studio

The rooms seem to be only tidied up once check-out occure. Maybe because these are apartments.

Location was great with all the shops around. Great restaurants and commodities stores around the corner. Decent bed; king size and comfy.

Great value, hidden gem
    • Studio

I liked the mattress but my partner found it too hard There is a 24hr bar on the corner of the street which was quite loud. It was very hot so the window needed to be open. I was fine but it kept my partner up

The location was brilliant. Right next to station Louise, which gets you to most places. The Palaise de justice is 3 mins walk away for the best sunset view of the city. A short walk through lovely cobbled streets with quirky little shops and bars takes you right into the centre of everything It was much bigger accomodation than I expected for the price. Kitchenette was brilliant for breakfast, tea and snacks. Separate shower and toilet is a must when sharing. All the staff were lovely We really enjoyed our stay here

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

We liked absolutely everything.
    • Studio

The street noise. But we never expected quiet while staying in the downtown.

We liked absolutely everything. Easy to get from the airport and to find it. The hotel is in the very good area (safety, surrounding, transportation, shops, cafes, etc). Check in was easy and quick. The rooms are really nice, clean, comfortable. Fully equipped if you like to cook instead of dine out. Minutes to foodstore, sightseeing, shops. Bathroom is good and clean as well. The hotel team is great, friendly and helpful.

A warm and friendly welcome from staff who care
    • Studio

Air conditioning would have been nice ...but the weather was exceptionally and uncharacteristically hot so this should not normally be a problem.

From the moment I arrived at Citadines Toisson D'Or I felt valued as a guest and was never disappointed. A warm and friendly welcome and exceptional customer service from staff who care. The apartment was well-fitted, well-maintained and very comfortable. I would have no hesitation staying here again.

Ok but not the levrl of citadines Std Catherine
    • Studio

No towels in sufficient quantity, no soap, not fully equipped with kitchen staff like Citadines-Saint Catherine, no garbage bags, one double bed requests and we got 2 single beds

Clean and location right next to Metro and lot of...
    • Apartment

Clean and location right next to Metro and lot of restaurants in street right behind the hotel. Walkable distance to Justice palace and other nice places.

Lovely location, would stay again.
    • Studio

Blow drier and ironing facilities did not work. I asked for a blow drier replacement and that didn't work either.

The location of the facility is excellent and the staff are very helpful and polite.

Overall very nice place
    • Studio

- Ideal when you come by car because there are a lot of parkings on the main street. By walking, 15/20min from the old pedestrian town - very clean and nice room - staff was good - good value for money

Excellent and helpful
    • Studio

They are always very helpful at reception. I turned up very late after a dreadfully delayed journey and was really glad for the 24-hr reception who were as welcoming as always. This hotel also has underground parking which allowed me to leave the hired car safely parked while I went for business meetings in the city.

I doubt I could have chosen a better place; still, it is more appropriate for long stays.
    • Studio

No sink in the restroom. Need to drag yourself like 2-3 meters to get to one.

Location close to almost everything. Easy hop in - hop off. Staff's extremely pleasant courtesy and willingness to help.

Well suited to our needs.
    • Studio

Nothing major, the toilet was on the other side of the apartment from the bathroom, and the light from the bathroom shone across the head of the bed. We would have preferred a slightly harder bed.

Location was great being a short walk from the metro to Brussels-midi station and within walking distance of town. There is a small mall of restaurants just down the road, and a supermarket downstairs for when you're too exhausted to eat out.

• Apartment

A little bit noisy, but still comfortable, bed.

Good location. Spacious room with a nice view. All necessary equipment is there and working. Very good speed of wifi internet. A supermarket is just around the corner.

• Studio

Hidden prices! Room cleaning is not included and they charge you € 17 per cleaning session! My room was only cleaned once in 6 days! Worst thing is that this was not even published. Very untransparent

Really great, no complaints.
    • Studio

It was cold in Brussels but at times, especially at night, the room was too hot and we couldn't control the temperature.

Location was perfect for exploring Brussels. The room was very compact and had everything we needed including a dishwasher. There is a supermarket just around the corner.

Nice apartment for few day stay
    • Studio

The room is very warm at night even with the window open. Its loud from the street. For some mattress could be too hard. The towel had a stain. There was no beer or wine bottle opener. Was no window view (view to a building)

Spacious compared to other three star places, had microwave, toaster, water kettle, dish washer, kitchen towels, hair dryer, writting table and a chair, coffee table and soft chair. Checked in at night and checked out early in the morning, had no problem.

Comfortable beds no coffee
    • Studio

Location is not very good you have to walk everywhere .This is possible if you are traveling in summer, in winter it is not a good option. As a coffee lover we couldn't have any even in the lobby there was no coffee machine. There was a bad smell in the toilet...

Good place for business travellers (n.b. no oven and very warm rooms)
    • Studio

It was very warm in the room! Even though I turned off the heating, there seemed to be some centrally controlled air-ventilation, which was very warm. I had to open the windows - quite wasteful of energy.

The location is excellent, it's a two-minute walk to the metro station "Louise". The room is clean and quite spacious. The shower isn't ideal for tall-people, and be aware that there is no oven in the kitchen.

Location excellent.
    • Studio

Amenities in the bathroom were really minimal. Breakfast mediocre. Bed mattress average.

Location excellent. Room was just ok for a business traveller, decent choice for a couple of days, I would go again. Good thing, public parking available around the hotel.

Hidden costs! Eur 17 DAILY for cleaning not included. my room was only cleaned once out of 6 nights
    • Studio

eur 17 per day for cleaning not included in the original price. this is a very deceitful practice. i didn't obviousl pay for it and my room was only cleaned once out of my 6 days staying

room was comfortable but cleaning was not included in the price. this was a hidden cost, of eur 17, a very deceitful practice. i obviously didn't pay and my room was cleaned only once out of 6 nights

Good stay when you care about your budget.
    • Studio

Brussel seems to be a quite noisy city. You have sirens all the time. Not a fault of the hotel though. Just annoying when you are used to sleeping with an open window.

With the small kitchen included and a supermarket called "Proxy" just around the corner, you can easily serve yourself all the time. Did not even went to the Hotel breakfast. Located quite central and you have some good restaurants around the corner as well. Easily reachable by foot from the Brussels train station between 10-20 minutes when you do not have to carry a lot of luggage.

Easy access as and when we wanted.
    • Studio

The weather - it was bitterly cold, but central heating was good

Easy access as and when we wanted. Kitchen area well equipped and easy to use.. Helpful staff at reception desk.

Never again
    • Studio

Room was dirty and bathroom with mold. The personnel at the lobby not willing to find a solution despite the serious allergic reaction of my colleague. They didn't offer a healthier room.

Nice stay with very helpful reception staff especially Damien, who was exceptionally helpful.
    • Studio

Price could have been more reasonable in line with time of year etc. Cheaper is always better of course.

Room was okay - maybe a little bigger would have benefitted but was nice and clean.

Great for what we needed, just need much friendlier staff and a reception refurb.
    • Studio

The lady who checked us in was rude. After taking an incorrect payment, she simply huffed and said 'I need to refund it and do it again because I've done it wrong' instead of apologising. She didn't wish us a nice stay or have any sort of friendliness about her. The reception area is also very dated. No tea and coffee facilities included at all.

The room was clean and modern, with decent facilities. The location was good. We had a high floor so we didnt experience too much noise. Supermarket round the corner which was ideal.

Nice apart Hotel near the main shopping street.
    • Studio

Strange smell in the bed linen. It was clean, but maybe the smell was from the cleaning products used. I thought the breakfast was included in the already high price paid. I had to pay additional €14!

Quick check in. Very friendly.

The bed was very comfy, room was very clean and we had...
    • Studio

The bed was very comfy, room was very clean and we had everything we needed. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Allowed us to check in early. Great location, would definitely stay here again!

It's an OK hotel, but with a few minor measures it could have been so much better
    • Apartment

It was unpleasantly hot in the room, and I arrived quite late and would have loved to go derectly to bed, but had to spent some time looking for how to switch of the heating, opening windows and waiting while the room is cooling down. The sink in the bathroom was not clean. The couch in the living room was dirty. There was no water in the dispenser downstairs , and I was told that "yes, you can drink tap water, but not too much" so I would have really appreciated to have a bottle of water with me in the room. Ended up boiling some in the kettle and waiting until it's cool, no problem in general, but again when you arrive so late and have an early meeting the next day, it would have been nice to avoid these kind of little issues. One of the hotel personell was not particularly welcoming.

Really loved the pastry at the breakfast

Good choice, ready for a new round...
    • Studio

Maybe a little smelly in the hallways or maybe I didn't like the air freshener fragrance... 😊

Very good choice value for money. Location is perfect for my needs.

Highly recommend for group trips to Brussels
    • Apartment

Wonderful staff who welcomed you with warm smiles and a friendly demeanour. The facilities are extremely impressive for the price. It was a 20minute walk from the city centre but 15min by the metro and the line is right outside the doorstep basically. Plus the area the property is located in is lovely with nice restaurants and shops. I would definitely recommend this accommodation for a group stay in Brussels

We really like the two floor apartment with neat white...
    • Apartment

The air was very dry even with heating turned off and opened window. But it was probably due to the cold weather outside.

We really like the two floor apartment with neat white stairs. Nice mechanism of the sofa in the living room. No problem with printing our boarding passes.

A convenient place and location. Professional staff.

Everything was OK.

Big and well equipped apartment. The staff where very friendly and collaborative. You can have free coffee at any time at the reception desk and there you have plenty of facilities (computers to browse online or even play, power outlets to charge your phone, etc.).

Good for longer business trips.
    • Apartment

Noisy area outside and occasionally inside. Could not order additional room cleaning.

Good location, big well-equipped apartment, comfy bedding. Decent wifi. Receptionists very helpful with a few queries, a small issue with apartment was fixed very quickly. Enough tableware.

Could find better hotels for the price.
    • Studio

Too far from grand place and could get better hotels nearer to the centre for that price. Hotel was very basic. No atmosphere. Not a holiday feel at all. Although it was freezing outside the rooms were very hot.

Room was clean

• Studio

Don't try to eat the fruits at breakfast, they are plastic. Pillow and towels smelled strange.

Good location Room had a kitchen Nice bathroom with bathtub.

A great central self catering place with or without a car.
    • Studio

if you come and pay on a parking meter the day finishes at 20.30, so you are often putting money in. The area is also a little dangerous in the past I have seen cars with broken windows if anything left of value.

This is a good place to stay in the heart of Brussels. The rooms are fairly spacious and well equipped, as it is possible to have one for a long time with a cleaning service. There is a supermarket underneath from 08.00 for fresh pastries for breakfast. There is also a free coffee machine in reception, a great idea.

In general it was nice and because of location we had a wonderful time.
    • Apartment

The staff at reception were not rude but had stony faces not a single smile!!!! The apartment needs a spring clean, we found it a little dirty.

The hotel has an excellent location. The apartment has a clean look, very well designed.

Studio is equipped with basic amenities.
    • Studio

Studio is equipped with basic amenities. Hotel is located near shopping district with some easily accessible restaurants. About 20-25 minute walk to central square of Brussels.

• Apartment

Hotel don't change the beddings everyday, I reminded the house keeping to change the bedding but still they did not change. I slept on the same bedding during my entire stay. This is bit annoyed.

The geographical location was good.
    • Studio

The first room was not cleaned at all, when we arrived. We got another room and it took us one day to find out where the bad smell came from. It was the dishwasher that was out of order. And considering the smell it has been out of order for a long time. The third room was ok except that there was something wrong with the lights. the personnel was very kind.

The geographical location was good.

Convenient but shabby.
    • Studio

No towel change, toiletry refill or cleaning in 4 days! Not a good deal for that price even after the last minute discount. Bathroom including the bathtub requires maintenance and painting.

Louisa subway station is only 1 minute walk that makes the hotel a good place to explore the city. Comfortable beds, strong WiFi signal and convenient working desk. Stuff is welcoming and helpful.

Good location and comfortable stay
    • Studio

Too much heat inside inside the rooms. Anyway, it was a pleasant stay.

The location was perfect, within 10 minutes -walking distance- to the city centre. Comfortable rooms. All our needs were satisfied.

Stay away
    • Studio

The check in was a mess. Even though I paid everything upfront they didn't let me check in it took an hour of discussion and a call to booking.com to get it fixed!

Had underground parking with reasonable cost.
    • Apartment

Underground parking was too hard to enter, too narrow. Sofa bed was not comforable. One room had lots of traffic noise even on 7th floor, lounge was fine noise wise.

Had underground parking with reasonable cost. New decorations. Walking distance to old town.

Friendly staff
    • Studio

Too much noise in the street outside. Drunk People yelling, garbage collection and loud business deliveries in the wee hours of the morning clearly heard in the room.

Friendly staff

Good place for a family stay
    • Apartment

A little bit pricey, however I believe this is the issue with all Brussels' properties :-)

Good location, grocery store next door, close to metro and tram. Rather big apartments, clean and modern facilities.

Run of the mill but space aplenty
    • Studio

The absence of tea and coffee in the room is a big miss. The nespresso machine in the reception area never had pods. I found the room drab.

Not a bad location, and plenty of space if that's what you're looking for.