Reviews of Ibis Brussels Erasmus 3 stars

Route de Lennik, 790, Anderlecht, 1070 Brussels, Belgium

#171 of 215 hotels in Brussels

Very attentive and professional staff willing to help, cozy...

Very attentive and professional staff willing to help, cozy and clean place with a remarkable breakfast. 7 minutes of walking from either of metro stations and the bus stop nearby. Calm suburb area with the park and chocolate factory nearby.

Irascible Erasmus member of staff - just the one

One member of staff clearly doesn't know about customer relations, surly even rude. Not pleasant and not welcoming.

The Margarita Pizza was very good

I will be back

Friendly helpful staff; peaceful environment (no noise) restrained with background music. Spacious clean room; great geographical position in Katelina Street. Parking for the duration reasonable price.

Worst staff service ever had in my life

Where do I start from??? The service, I guess. I travel a lot and I've never experienced such a bad service. Everybody was more interested to watching the World Cup instead of answering the clients questions, the reception was always empty (they were always watching TV) and when finally you managed to get attention and asked a question, they were leaving you standing there to run to the TV and check out what they missed (without answering your question). When done, they came back. The worst has been a girl, named Ani, who was extremely impolite, not only with us but also with other clients. Her excuse?? "But Belgium was playing!!!!". My answer to that.. "But you were working!!!" I guess she's not paid to watch all the football matches... But this is just one episode.. In a nutshell, burnt croissant in the morning, coffee machines always broke down, aircon in the room not working, we opened it and found a disgusting filter.. We complained, the filter was still there when we left after 5 days and the aircon was still not working. Believe me, I could name so many others episodes, but I think you got my point. Very bad experience indeed. So disappointed from an Ibis, we always had pleasant staying in this hotel chain. Too bad..

Convenient location for my needs, clean room

located only a few metres from the tube station Erasmus

everything fine, everything as expected

It was not the first time I stayed in that hotel but since my last stay (2 years ago) they completely renovated the hotel. The rooms are much nicer now.

The location is good.

Bad acoustic insulation: could hear talking and phoning the person in neighbour room. Hot room when outside temperature is high.

The location is good. The personnel at restaurant was very friendly and helpful.

Honestly not much.

This is the smallest Ibis room we have ever stayed in (and we have stayed in different other Ibis hotels). We literally did not have room to keep our luggage open because we could not get around in the room. We were lucky enough to go to Bruxelles and have good weather & 28 degrees.... but then the room became a nightmare: no air conditioning + small size room.... I think the most disturbing fact was the cleaning crew. We set the Do not disturb sign on the door when leaving the hotel BUT the cleaning ladies went in anyway. I complained to the reception in the evening and said that the Do not disturb sign is equal to "do not enter my room" and he made a note of my complaint. However, the next day exactly the same thing happened.

Honestly not much.... Let's say the only positive thing is that indeed the metro station is really close to the hotel.

The design of the room makes you feel in an smaller place...

The design of the room makes you feel in an smaller place and it doesn't have air conditioning, so you have to open the window, and the lights of the street annoys you when you try to sleep.

only thing to recommend was the range of beer at the bar

Booked an upgraded double room only to be given and not told when we checked in a twin single room! when I asked the reception what was occurring they told us they were overbooked and unfortunately the rooms I had booked 3 weeks before had been given to someone else. When I asked them to explain why this was and what they could do about it we where told to take the only rooms available or find somewhere else to stay and lose our money! So we ended up with a far lower level of room while still we ended up paying the full price for the room level that we did not receive. will never book with ibis hotels again rip off merchants

Comfortable stay ☺️

There is no information regarding Ibis Business Card, we asked to reception and they told to come morning, we asked again in the morning, they told to come evening, after 3rd raund, i got info at Internet. Except this, everything was perfekt.

Bed and pillows are perfekt. Room is quite big, with table. There is a public parking Place in front of the hotel, which is free btw 18:30-09:15 (night time) and also sundays and national holidays are free. Metro station is very close and easy to reach city. We bought a 24hr ticket and discovered the city 😍

Cosy and very kind staff

Very cosy and cute atmosphere. The bar is open 24/7. We had a nice breakfast in the room (we just had to take it at the reception) the staff was very kind and let us leave at 1pm because of New year eve ! Thank you so much

Bed was comfortable, had a good sleep, bathroom was also OK...

The standard was very basic, they didn't even have such a simple thing like bottle of water. I arrived late evening from the airport and was very thirsty - it wasn't even a bottle of water in the room. Also the fridge in the reception lacked bottles of water and only sweet drinks like coke were available. When I asked the lady at the reception if there is any place in the surroundings where I can buy a bottle of water she laughed. Indeed the hotel is in the middle of nowhere and isolated from amenities like shops. Finally I drank tap water. It took me around 45 minutes to get to Schuman on the next day, where I had meeting. I sayed in this hotel because everything else was fully booked. But apart from the location and basic stadard I didn't have any problems.

Bed was comfortable, had a good sleep, bathroom was also OK and hotel is very close to the metro station (Erasme).

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Spacious rooms with very comfortable beds. No room service, but you can order in the restaurant and take your dinner upstairs if you want (I recommend the pizza!).

Friendly Place for a no Frills Business Stay

Not particularly nice surroundings. Breakfast price was not matched by quality and choice available. Dinner was a quickly reheated dish which was not in anyway special. Certainly not worth the price.

Friendly and helpful staff. Clean Simple Room, Comfortable bed. OK breakfast in a smart cheerful lobby area.

It's a nice hotel...

A little expensive for room amenities and the location of the hotel. 145 euro/ night and it has no personal slippers !!!!??? or some coffee or tea amenities. 15 metro stations away from the Brussels Centraal, approximately 25 min.

The bed and sheets are very soft and new. Has been refurbished in much of the hotel (from my previus visit in May). The room very clean and smelled very nice. The staff was very friendly.

It was fine. It met all my requirements but wasn’t outstanding in any way, positive or negative.

Interacting with the staff felt awkward, but I can’t put my finger on why. I thought it was just me, but I had the same feeling checking in as i did checking out with a different staff member.

The bed was nice, and the hotel is located right across the street from where I had my business meeting.

Unbeatable if you need be at the University Hospital 300m further - but pricy

Only an electric heater in the room - it smelled a bit like burned, so I didn't dare to use it a lot.

Staff was hugely helpful and keen to please - even serving acceptable food past 23:00

Low-cost services at a not-so-low price
    • Standard Room

Staff at the reception was overloaded: one person doing three jobs at the same time. A minimum number of employees is good for cutting expenses, but also for producing long queues and some cases of ineffective service. We had to ask for a second towel in the bathroom, and found out that the hotel could only provide big-size towels. The restaurant was a bar with some pre-cooked food, which was not bad after all, although the waiter herself was not able to describe it ("I don't know, it is a prepared food that we get from outside").

The hotel is actually quite neat and clean.

There was a mosquito problem in the room and I have no idea where they came from since we kept our window shut because of the construction noise outside. As a result it was too hot in the room. Conveniently the hotel provides you with earplugs to address the noise problem. Maybe the next step would be to provide with mosquito repellent.

The hotel is actually quite neat and clean. Location is quite well, close to highway and metro station. It was a car free day in Brussels, but we were able to leave our car at hotel's parking and go by metro.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

A bit pricey. Shower door came out of place

It was pleasant

Bed was comfy and the view was good.

There was no Air Con in the room! It was quite hot!

Bed was comfy and the view was good. Room was smartly decorated.

2 singles for a double is NEVER good !!

Nice stay

The staff was very friendly

Quite

Quite

Location was good.

I found the hotel bedrooms noisy , which was probably why they gave you ear plugs in the room.

Location was good.

simple but adequate, good breakfast

bed could be more comfortable, tea and coffee facilities in the room would be nice

boiled eggs, fresh bread and lots of choice

Was not much of a deal

It was not such a great hotel

Good variety of options

Good variety of options

good hotel, nice staffs

good hotel, nice staffs

Good place to stay to see the city.
    • Superior Twin Room

Helpful check in staff. Great breakfast. Comfortable beds. Near metro

Excellent experience

An extra pillow.

The staff were really welcoming and spoke some English so weren’t too uncomfortable for us.

I needed slippers but in the hotel there was not.

I needed slippers but in the hotel there was not.

Breakfast was good, with waffles #

Small bathroom

Breakfast was good, with waffles #

Hotel meets our expectation

great breakfasts Excellent location near metro station

Very nice staff, location is convenient, close to subway...

Very nice staff, location is convenient, close to subway station, and parking is convenient.

Before the change much better so never again

The staff didn't know how everything worked. They could really talk in my language even French isn't there best language.

Refurbished, good atmosphere, decent breakfast choice,...

Bathroom not very clean, very noisy

Refurbished, good atmosphere, decent breakfast choice, parking spaces, location and access

On a obtenu les punesses de lit!

On a obtenu les punesses de lit!

Close to the Erasmus campus

Very small room

Close to the Erasmus campus

A convenient place to stay or to reach. One does not need to venture into the city centre by car.

breakfast is expensive. Suggested price: €8-10

good transportation to city centre.

Great !

The closet was little inconveniently designed and there was very little space to pass on. Although..altogether it was fine.

Excellent place for a hospital work

Big variation in the price per night every week

Close to the hospital

Near to Erasme hospital and university

Noise from the other rooms

Near to Erasme hospital and university

There are also 36 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.