Reviews of Condo Gardens Antwerp

De Pretstraat 11, Antwerp District, 2060 Antwerp, Belgium

#102 of 120 Holiday rentals in Antwerp

Based on 1139 apartment reviews

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Very low budget accomodation, better keep away!
    • Studio

This property barely meets the minimum standards for rented accommodation. The room equipment was completely basic with worn out and cheap furniture, as well as very poor kitchen equipment. The radiators were dirty and probably very old, so when we turned on the heating, a weird smell of burning dust spread into the room. The walls were very dirty at some points and it was clear that the place hadn't been painted for quite some time. Moreover, the walls were extremely thin and one could hear people talking or making all sorts of noises in other rooms. Lastly, in our room the TV set was completely useless because there was only one functional channel and even though there was also a console for satellite channels, it didn't work. On the whole, the place was disgusting and I would strongly advise travelers who seek qualitative accommodation to stay away.

The only satisfactory thing about this property was that the room was spacious and featured a separate sitting room/kitchen area, like a small apartment.

good for a basic stay.
    • Large Studio Triple

Very basic interior. only two clothe hangers in closet. Water kettle too calcified, so couldn't use it. The elevator stopped several times between the floors, while not exceeding max number of 3 people, it took sometimes more then 10 stops to arrive at 2nd floor.

Contact with host about collecting keys and checkout at unusual times was super. Spacious room. Kitchenette ok. Good shower. fairly good beds. There is an elevator.

Disgusting room.
    • Double Studio

Everything , the sink had a very disgusting smell at night me and my partner couldn’t sleep at night , we had to put a towel on it to avoid the smell. The room was very ugly. The wardrobe is downstairs and the bed is upstairs between two walls I want to understand why? That doesn’t even make sense - I was at the roof why? I wasn’t even expecting it at all , I hated my trip because of this room and I would not recommend this place for anyone , it’s expensive for no reason. Poor heating. First time I went to this city and last time I will be going there , I hate that city now.

Avoid at all costs disgusting place
    • Large Studio

Everything Disgusting dump full of flees

Filthy flee infested dump. Booked and paid for 8 nights but left after 4 due to being eaten alive Manager point blank refused to refund my other nights. Had to pay for alternative hotel as the place is disgusting and smelly Full of workers drinking outside Never ever again Worst hotel I’ve stayed in my life Avoid avoid avoid

All fine for a short stay in a lovely and quiet neighbourhood
    • Studio

Check-in and out times could be more flexible. Wifi didn't work at night.

Property was all amenities needed for a short stay and it's on a quiet and nice neighbourhood. Beds were comfortable, though the room temperature was somewhat hot for the type of linen used.

HORRIBLE BEDS
    • Studio

We only stayed one night in an emergency, Beds were absolute nightmare could not sleep on them very cheap , room had mice traps so must have been infestation in hotel, We checked in our self as we got there after 12 midnight,

There isn't anything I liked about this hotel other than its location.

Nice staff and good location
    • Studio

The kitchen wasn’t fully equipped. Nthe cutlery wasn’t all there and some of our equipment was broken which means things weren’t checked when the room was cleaned

Nice staff and good location

Happy with the stay, served its purpose
    • Family Apartment (4 Adults)

Water dripping from ceiling in bathroom, but this fault was passed onto staff. Room was clean, but the plates in the cupboard were floating in water, not properly dried off, more like it was run under the tap then directly put into the cupboard. The room could do with a few screws fixed better & a deeper clean.

Fair price. Friendly staff, when we contacted them.

The room distribution was surprising, with each bedroom at a...
    • Family Apartment (4 Adults)

The place was not so clean (the handrail on the stairs to the upper bedroom was a bit yucky) and the kitchen was really poorly furnished: there was a single small pot (in a room for 5 ppl) and not enough cutlery for each one. We had to ask the staff for some extra kitchen stuff and they provided a larger pot. Don't count on cooking big meals while you are there.

The room distribution was surprising, with each bedroom at a different height.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

The staff
    • Family Apartment (4 Adults)

The place wasn't clean, too hot with no fan or air conditioning. The lift got stuck and as we were on the last floor we had to take the stairs as the lift wasn't going there...

The staff

Affordable price
    • Family Apartment (4 Adults)

There are no lift on 4th floor and it is hard to pre-check in. No shampoos and if you have a child then you need to consider it again.

Spacious room with clean kitchen

Unpleasant
    • Large Studio

Rat traps all around the rooms and you could hear mice or rats in the roof running around. First room We were put in had droppings from a mouse or rat. So we asked to get put on a higher floor where supossidly the problem was on the lower floors. Not good. We decided to stay until we saw a rat or mouse and never did but not a nice experience

Neve again
    • Studio

The 4 mouse traps in my room. The area didn't feel safe walking back at night, nobody around, took 10 minutes to find light switch in bathroom it was in the cupboard. So disappointed with booking having this place on your website. Please don't let other people suffer this please.

Staff excellent, very helpful.
    • Large Studio

Bit on the basic side but it’s fine.

Staff excellent, very helpful. Good location, relatively quiet part of town but near everything. It’s perfectly adequate but it won’t wow you.

It was perfect for me since I was attending an event close...
    • Duplex Studio

check in is kind of late (4 pm), so if you wanna get in before you have to pay for that.

It was perfect for me since I was attending an event close to the property, that is a little far a way from the center.

In price to quality price wins
    • Family Apartment (4 Adults)

No parking around, so it takes time to find a spot, a lot of time. Walls are quite thin, so despite punishment fines for loud noises, we got very loud neighbours until 3 am. The bathroom had only portable lamp which was falling into pieces and we spent like 5 min to find a light inside bathroom, until found the switch.

Checkin/checkout process is really easy, you get detailed instruction via email.

• Duplex Studio

The area is really dangerous. According to taxi drivers, the area is a ghetto. It is incredible Booking has this hotel in the list. The worst hotel in more then ten years using Booking. Never ever again. Be careful to go there.

It supposed to be non smoking place however outside and...
    • Executive Apartment

It supposed to be non smoking place however outside and inside there is full of smoke. It was horrible. Even a staff was smoking right in front of the place. All the smoke went inside because it has opened iron gate. Other than smoking problem I thought it was not too bad.

I think this hotel is not for a business woman (besides I...
    • Executive Apartment

I think this hotel is not for a business woman (besides I did not find any woman there)! There was no garbage in the bathroom nor in the room (I finally found one in the kitchen under the sink...), only one mirror in the bathroom but I see only half of my face (positioned too high!) . Room was big enough but I dont understand why so tiny shower room. Certainly good place for the long stay but not for biz.

Basic and convenient property
    • Double Studio

Minor issue with the pressure of the shower. The walls are relatively thin so you can hear your neighbors, this is why respect from other tenants was so important. However, through my interaction with people living in Antwerp I was informed that most properties are like that. I also, expected the property to be closer to the city center on foot but the location turned out to be really good.

Spacious and comfortable rooms. Kitchenette to make a small meal and convenient location to walk all around Antwerp and use public transport. Excellent communication with the property staff, safety and respect from other tenants.

Stay away from this place Booking will not support you

Poor, unsafe and probably illegal Not as advertised Somebody tried to get in to the room The side didn't open anymore, they had to break in Very unsafe with security breaches

No lift, our room was by concrete staircase and had clomping...

No lift, our room was by concrete staircase and had clomping up and down all night beds in poor repair slats kept falling out. No vending machine, we went there knowing it is basic but there is a limit

Fairly cheap, you get what you pay for.
    • Double Studio

The shower either boiling hot or freezing cold. Late check-in and early check-out times, not too convenient. OK for a short stay.

Fairly cheap, you get what you pay for.

Really nice
    • Double Studio

- I'd say that the receptionist was rather neutral, sometimes I felt I was bothering him even though I was just there to get the keys to the apartment, but I read other comments and everyone else who stayed at this hotel before me considered him as a lovely and nice person so maybe he was just having a bad day that day, it happens to all of us

- We received a free map of the city, the receptionist explained very well how to get to the room, how to open the front door etc - fully equipped kitchen - big spacious room - very easy to find even when you don't know at all the city - relatively close to the central bus/train station - Lidl and some night shops close to the apartment

I stayed 3 nights there. Price was cheap but the rooms could be cleaner and more soundproof.
    • Family Apartment (4 Adults)

The room was not clean enough. There is a lot of dirt on the floor, up against the walls for example. A new paint job would be very helpful! Biggest problem is how much noise can be heard between rooms. It can make sleeping impossible when other people are coming home after partying.

The guy in the reception was very friendly and helpful.

The location was good, not so clean as I was expected, and...
    • Studio

The location was good, not so clean as I was expected, and the privacy level is too low for me, you could hear the other guests thru the walls. Kind of strange!

Spacious studio in an 'alternative' building
    • Large Studio

The elevator did not work upon arrival and despite the promise that it would be fixed in a minute, it was not fixed when we came home from our nigth out nor the next morning. The stair case looked rather grimm and unclean.

Late check-in at 16:00 was not clearly stated before booking...
    • Duplex Studio

Late check-in at 16:00 was not clearly stated before booking, the entire flat falls apart, not clean, nothing was working and you can hear all external and neighbor noises...would not stay over

Not a good option if you plan to stay with kids
    • Large Studio Triple

Not clean. Floor and toilet was messy. There was rusting/molds in toilet. Shower door was broken. Terrible beds. I had to put mattress on the floor as bed was broken. Walls are terrible. We could head even if someone coughs in next room.

Rooms are spacious. This property is easy to locate. Wifi was good and TV had ample channels.

Disappointed and will never stay there again.
    • Executive Apartment

Noise from other drunk and disorderly residents. No internet the first night. No parking and searched for 2 hours and eventually parking 2kms away. Pathetic.

Bed itself

Not going back.
    • Studio

Moldy in bathroom, old soap on walls, sticky and filthy floors in whole apt. Smells stingy and room had no ventilation nor openable windows.

It’s cheap. Quiet area.

Room did not qualify as a place to sleep due to barking big dog in room nextdoors !
    • Studio

1) Room did not qualify as a quiet place to sleep at night due to barking, big dog in room nextdoors. 2) Service: We complained at the reception 2 minutes after getting the key. Receptionist said he couldn't do anything as all rooms were occupied and he is not authorized to discuss price. We stated we could not sleep there, the primary purpose of the booking. He called the owner, calling himself the "CEO", who could only point out that the booking was not refundable as per terms. My proposal to get 50% back was not acceptable. In summary: We paid for a room which we couldn't use. Owner is only interested in the €€€.

Never again, worst stay ever
    • Family Apartment (4 Adults)

Very cold place, small heater not enough to warm a 4 meter high flat Dirty floors, filthy bathroom Near empty shower gel bottles Walls too thin, you could hear the neighbours breave/snore Loud guests in hallway

Was a OK stay overall, we aren't picky.
    • Duplex Studio

- Bathroom: some problem with continuously running water in the toilet, so we had to shut water supply down after usage; - Kitchen: not clear in which direction was On/ Off when use the stove when we had to cook, neither the temperature; plus the bigger plate of the electric stove wasn't heating - and it was pretty annoying to wait for the small plate to heat at unknown temperature (due the reason named before); - Noise: Probably very thin walls / poor isolation - we could hear neighbors walk/ talk (just normal talk..no shouting or anything); But with a pair of earplugs for myself sleeping was OK.

We stayed for 2 nights at Condo Gardens. What we liked was: - Location (easy to walk from Central Station or get to city historical center for example.. in ~ 30 minutes) - giving opportunity to explore more of the city streets, etc. - View from our room (we had a duplex studio on 4th floor) - Even if there is no storage room, we could leave our backpacks at the register, because we arrived in Antwerp early morning so it was good to get rid of the 'extra' weight until check-in time.

- at least 3 out of 4 beds were broken.
    • Family Apartment (4 Adults)

- at least 3 out of 4 beds were broken. There were several wooden stripes broken under the mattress. - a lot of dust under the beds - some kitchen items were not clean: Cups, forks, knifes, exhaust fan, elletric kettle... - there was a towel under the fridge! - bathroom was smelly and dirty, specially around the toilet - toilet seat was broken - there were urine spilled out under the toilet seat - it wasn't clear in the description and pictures that our room was a mezzanine with very steep staircase, so it was very dangerous for our small children. We couldn't relax with that during our stay. - there was no lift until the last (4th) floor, not easy if you have small children.

The room was very large.
    • Studio

The room is not very well insulated and you hear all the street noises and the buses going by. The door handles came off easily and the light in the bathroom was inside the cabinet and not easy to find in the dark.

The room was very large. You can cook inside, there's provisions and a small fridge. It's relatively cheap.

Rat infestation! Shocking experience.
    • Duplex Studio

Stay away from this place, it is infested with rats! We found rats eating our food stored in the kitchenette and rats running across the room, we left the hotel immediately. Very unhelpful and arrogant staff and management, we have never received our money back. It is seriously dangerous and it should be avoided!

Enjoyed staying there as it suited our needs.
    • Duplex Studio

either the walls were thin or our immediate neighbours had particularly loud voices.

As advertised. Near to public transport. Helpful staff. Good base for sightseeing and visitingother towns, cities in area.

I enjoyed my stay very much indeed.

All was fine.

I had a cold and the temperature of the room kept me warm an comfortable. I was able to keep a bicycle at the hotel which was useful. The light during the day was good and the view from my window was very good on all sides. I enjoyed watching the television and there was little noise at night and the cooking facilities suited my purposes.

It did what I needed but I'll stay elsewhere next time.
    • Duplex Studio

The place was filthy. So much dirt, wrappers and tissues on the floor. The chairs were on the table and coffee table on the sofa. It looked like somebody started to clean but gave up halfway through. The noise of neighbouring rooms was so loud. I think this was down to walls being really thin as you could clearly hear somebody breathing heavily...

The gentleman at reception was very friendly. It was close to where I needed to be.

Book surely this hostel!
    • Double Studio

They ask in the web site of Booking, to show arriving the same credit card used for booking..... Why? ( My credit card was in ending period of validity... I was a bit worry...) Itsusual... And they didn't asked it when I arrived!!!!

It's a large flat, quiet! Good price too! You can book it.

Inexpensive place to stay with room to spare
    • Duplex Studio

Very cheaply built. We could hear a "cough" coming thru the grill work ceiling from the room next door. It was as if he was in the room.

Large condo with plenty of room.

Rooms are clean price quality ok

Verry noissy hearing everything from people flushing the toilet to people in the staircase. Walls are from cardboard i think

Rooms are clean price quality ok

It was clean, there was enough space, you can cook your own...
    • Studio

It was clean, there was enough space, you can cook your own breakfast /dinner if you like, having a mini-kitchen available. Even if it was a little far from the city center, it was quiet and you could enjoy the sunset from the window.

In common all was good. I'll book it next time, I think.
    • Duplex Studio

I would like to have a big mirror at the apartment.

I had a feeling of independence staying at the apartment. A bed was very comfortable and I had a nice sleep.

room was very stuffy - it wasn't possible open the...
    • Large Studio Triple

room was very stuffy - it wasn't possible open the window and get fresh air. toilet was very uncomfortable - the wall between toilet and room wasn't full so you could hear everything what is happening there. very dirty place!

mixed feeling
    • Studio

Great Value for the money, however due this reason there are "strange" people living in the property. Some were not very sober, glanced at us, stalking without any hesitation/embarrassment

Very nice person at reception. I assume he is owner of this place. We stayed few hours only, because of very early departure.

Ok Staying when I compare what I paid
    • Studio

1. They really need to take care of their furnitures. most of the furnitures are really breaking level. 2. No shops around.. you need to walk minimum 5-10 mins to get your beer and food :) if you dont want to cook since all the rooms are equipped with kitchen. 3. They need to update their tourisum activity and try to explain about the attractions around. 4. For young couple I would say yes, but with kids.. you need to think twice before booking this hotel. 5. you can really hear what is happening from your next room. 6. There are long stay guest are in this hotel, their behaviour is aweful to other guests

1. The Staffs are really frinedly and supportive to the core. I beleive if this company hold these staffs one day defenitly they will be leading in the market. 2. Each room having kitchen 3. They have nice wordings around the hotel

Was hotel ever .
    • Studio

Was hotel ever ... the room was terrible! All the towels were used & the bin was all full . Am really not happy with booking.com to allow working with this terrible hotel . And I will post on all the media what booking.com did to me

this was our second time here and we hope to return on an annual basis
    • Double Studio

It would have been nice to have access to some English tv or film channel.

The area was very colourful. The Manager was very nice, helpful and friendly. The apartments were well equips, clean and comfortable.

Good location, creative sings across the hotel but very noisy...
    • Family Apartment (4 Adults)

It was very noisy - "paper walls", literally could hear the person next door snoring! Uncomfortable beds.

Fast self - service key pick up, the apartment was quite large

reception is wonderful!
    • Duplex Studio

it's a bit far from city center and there is no convenient public transportation

reception is wonderful! the guy is really nice helping me with everything I need and sincerely solving my problems!

nice architecture of old warehouse
    • Large Studio Triple

dirty apartment on four levels connected with steep ladders. all beds was on highest level, where was wardrobe. movement with luggae was very dangeures. it was not possible going down to toilet, without turning on light and wake up other guests. old fashion toilet with problem of water temperature adjustment

nice architecture of old warehouse

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Good place for stay in Antwerp
    • Studio

Bathroom small and shower not the best. Internet had some problems from time to time.

It's an apart hotel. Offering budget accommodation, which is by the way very good, under reasonable price. Flats are simple but look nice and have all for longer stay. Design is not the best but not bad. Very friendly receptionist. Very nice area close to old port and new modern architecture.

Horrible experience ..
    • Family Apartment (4 Adults)

Pls do not trust this Condo Apartment the pics wat they show on website is completely different and the location is bit fishy. May be good for male travelers but not for Family for sure.

Nothing to like.. Horrible .They cheated us

Nice, clean, roomy and comfy appartment.
    • Large Studio

To go out Shopping and eating you have to take the bus or walk 10-15 minutes. Hairdryer was missing.

Nice, clean, roomy and comfy appartment. The bed was very comfortable. Parking space on the street was available.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

I recommend it !
    • Studio

The walls are not that thick- you can hear your neighbours but quiet surroundings.

The apartment is big enough, very wide utilities in the kitchen.Warm clean and confy.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

value for money though noisy.
    • Double Studio

Very noisy, can hear neighbours next door almost word for word. There was a very noisy fight after 23h. Smell in the building and room (smoke, allthough not allowed in the whole building and food))

Able to cook, location, nice building

Never worth it, even at its low price
    • Studio

The hotel overbooked and tried to send us away. The staff were really not bothered about it and only pitied themselves for having to deal with the situation. They refused completely to find us another hotel. They only seemed willing to refund us and send us away, even though they said they did not think there was any free rooms anywhere... This was around midnight meaning we would have no place to stay the night and we were really tired. They ended up giving us the room that was overbooked, as the other guests had not arrived. The hotel it self was really dirty looking and felt unclean. The room was very hot and the floor looked filthy . Toilet had not been cleaned and could not be flushed.

It was cheap

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Basic self-catering apartment.
    • Large Studio

The on-street parking around the apartments is pay-per-hour and fills up quite quickly.

Conveniently located for me, but around 15 minutes to walk to the centre of Antwerp.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

comfortable, bright, affordable apartment.
    • Double Studio

The walls were paper thin but that was the only problem we had.

Good facilities. friendly staff. good location, a little off centre but not a problem. Very clean and as we had a apartment high up it was lovely and bright.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

The location was perfect for my appointments the next days
    • Studio

Condo Gardens aims to rent a place to sleep for a certain period. If you order breakfast, it's being delivered at the room. No fresh breakfast buffet, that is. Tip for Condo Gardens: find some place nearby that can help to serve a good breakfast

The location was perfect for my appointments the next days

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Highly recomending for short and long stay in Antwerp!
    • Double Studio

Staff at the reception was very kind. I have some problems with heating and TV and he solved them very quickly. Facilities were quite good (kitchen, furniture). Location next to the MAS museum was good as well.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Very low budget and low quality accommodation! Better keep away!
    • Large Studio

The room had very basic furniture, which were old and worn out and there was a very unpleasant smell in the bathroom. Moreover, the walls were very thin and one could hear almost everything from the nearby rooms and the other floors. The breakfast consisted of packed products only, not fresh products, which were simply disgusting! In general, this property offers low budget accommodation that goes hand in hand with low quality equipment and services.

I liked the fact that the flat was spacious (around 40m2) and the receptionist allowed us a late check-out (12.30pm instead of 10am) without extra charge.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

• Family Apartment (4 Adults)

The floor was dirty. The beds were old. Floor was creaking and noisy.

Location. It was silent. The staff was friendly and helpfull.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

The walls were very thin and we could hear both sides - very poor & not easy to get to sleep. Make s
    • Double Studio

Large room with good facilities.

Nice apartment, good location
    • Executive Apartment

Nice place and good host

the room is nice

too noisy

the room is nice

The split apartment and the amenities.
    • Duplex Studio

The split apartment and the amenities.

Relaxing + privacy.
    • Studio

Everything was easily accessible.

Great stay - we would come again
    • Large Studio

Good location. Friendly and helpful reception

Terrible location.
    • Family Apartment (4 Adults)

The apartment its self was nice. The bathroom needs upgrading. However why do you have mousetraps in the apartment?

Terrible location.

Nothing really

The whole place

Nothing really

Kitchen facility
    • Family Apartment (4 Adults)

Can hear people talking from other room

Kitchen facility

The views from the window
    • Duplex Studio

Very bad smell in the bathroom and the room and the way of the check in and check out

The views from the window