Reviews of Hotel Côté Cour 3 stars

Place aux Foires 8, 6940 Durbuy, Belgium

#19 of 22 hotels in Durbuy

The location was perfect and the rooms were excellent.
    • Comfort Double Room

The staff had problems checking us in, the swimming pool and sauna were facilities in a hotel 5 mins away, the service in the evening for dinner was very slow 40 mins to wait to have a menu ... then delays over food. We only hoped it would be better for breakfast but the owner was very abrupt when we went down on the Sunday at 8am because they had only starred to set the breakfast area with a bowl of scrambled eggs, serials and meats, milk did not appear even though we had asked for it with the coffee. I feel that as a hotel owner your guests should feel special and not a commodity that has to be endured. If I served breakfast form 8am I would be prepared by 7:55 and ready to welcome guests with a smile. I think if one can not be civil with guests in hospitality then one should think about another career.

The location was perfect and the rooms were excellent.

It was an ok stay. Friendly staff. Nothing fancy. Really missed a little fridge

There was mold in the shower. There was no fridge in the room. It would have been nice to have a cold drink. The breakfast was very basic.

The bed was comfortabel. The room smelled very nice. Curtains held out the light. It was quiet in the room

Location is obviously ideal to visit Durbuy.
    • Comfort Double Room

The room smells of sewers. The toilet paper is poor of quality, in my opinion the cheapest that can exist on the market. The bed base is too soft. This hotel is too expensive for the quality provided. Really disappointing.

Location is obviously ideal to visit Durbuy.

Fooled by the pictures :(
    • Suite

There's no staff, no reception/front desk, no character or charm to the property. And the breakfast is served on another hotel! :(

The location is nice, but be aware that there is a huge road work going almost in front of the hotel.

misleading advertising
    • Comfort Double Room

Where can I start... I'm very disappointed and feeling tricked. First of all, pictures are not accurate. All the beautiful pics of the breakfast, pool and spa are in another hotel and not included in the price of the room. I booked this hotel because of the spa, but once there, a very rude staff member/server of the restaurant told me that I had to book the spa in advance and pay 40 euros per person just to use it for a couple of hours in the afternoon, and the swimming pool wasn't included in the price. To use the pool, I had to pay 10 extra euros (per person) to use it only in the morning! (but between the breakfast time and checkout at 11am, we wouldn't spend more than 1 hour there, so isn't worth it) Same with breakfast. You have to go to the spa (about 5 mins away with -2 degrees in the morning) that by the way, smells like gutters. Pricey bedroom for what they offer (basically nothing - however they sell it as a spa accommodation) in an old hotel, with old furniture, no elevator and no one at the front desk during the whole stay. I had to pay our stay at the arrival without even having a chance to had a look at the room.

the only good thing about this hotel is the location. breakfast not so varied but reasonable.

Really spacious room.
    • Suite

The website is misleading when it comes to the pool and breakfast. We actually had to go outside the hotel and walk to another hotel for the breakfast and pool. Especially disappointing was the pool, which was at a different hotel and only accessible from 8:00 am to 12:00. It was not available in the afternoon, when you had returned from the daily activities and could use some relaxation.

Really spacious room. Great for families.

the second worst hotel i've ever stayed in

I don't know where to start. One star is even to much it is old cheap filthy and the breakfast is a joke. We've seen better rooms in london which were not so expensive. The rolls and pasty on the breakfast buffet were old and hard. The koffee (which Belgium is famous for) tasted like water. The pool is only available from 8 to 12 am and it cost 20 euro extra so when you want to sleep in an "enjoy (as if)" breakfast till ten you have to pay 10 euro per houre to use the pool! For the rest see the pictures and enjoy especially the pictures of the toilette I still get sick thinking about it. We had a reservation for two nights and payed them but fleed just after one night.

nothing absolutly nothing

Good but please be honest with photos
    • Comfort Double Room

Photos are not accurate ,no welness or swimming pool for that you need to go to an other hotel .10 euro p/p. Swimming pool. 40 euro p/p for welness per day.

Good hotel ,confortable

Excellent location.
    • Comfort Double Room

The entrance to the hotel is uninviting; a very plain single sliding door tucked between two dress shops. There was no one at the reception area which was a very dim room, so I had to search for a person. The woman I found was very unfriendly. She did call a very nice gentleman who checked us in. Later the same unfriendly woman was our server for dinner in the restaurant and was actually rude. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend the food, as well. Breakfast the first morning was nice, but the second morning the selection was much much less, no eggs, yogurt, fruit. This hotel has a lot of potential, but needs attention in some areas. A suggestion: Turn on a few small lights in the reception area so that it's warm and welcoming, especially at night.

Excellent location. Comfortable room.

Upon arrival we had to pay for our stay.
    • Comfort Double Room

Upon arrival we had to pay for our stay. We got our room, where the bed was not made. We got then a new room, where the bed was made, but there was a dead mosquito behind the bathroom door. This mosquito didn't disappear after any of the daily cleanings. The breakfast was fair once you avoided the dirty dishes. The location of the hotel was nice.

The breakfast
    • Comfort Double Room

The welcoming, person not very friendly. The swimming pool: I didn't understand from the booking that it was not for free and located in another place

The breakfast

We liked the travel to Durbuy,
    • Comfort Double Room

When we arrived to the hotel the staff talked with us through bars/doors. We booked for 2 nights and got a confirmation of booking.com, but she said that we couldn't stay for 2 nights and that booking.com made a mistake. the staff wasn't very helpful also after giving this news, for example to search for us for an alternative. we could stay 1 night, thats it. furthermore, shower didn't work, could only use the bath, the presentation of the breakfast was not very good and hygienic also. When we left the hotel there was nobody who we could attend to address above points.Hospitality is not there first name!!

We liked the travel to Durbuy,

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Room itself was fine.

Staff spoke French only. The bar and resturant were closed in the evening, There was no hotel staff in the evening. Breakfast was in another hotel around the corner. Wifi didn't work and staff didn't try solve this (router-)problem. The beautiful swimmingpool on the foto was in another hotel, not included and expensive.

Room itself was fine. Comfortable and clean. Good location.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Check out details before you leave home!!!
    • Comfort Double Room

Booking a twin room and then turning up and having to have a double bed and also a sofa bed which was broken and uncomfortable.

Lovely town, beautiful location. Loads of restaurants within walking distance

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Located perfectly, good clean rooms
    • Comfort Double Room

Breakfast between 8 and 10 hour, but at 9.15h bread, croissants etc were almost away, so good advice don't go too late...

Nice large rooms, clean bathroom, hotel situated in the town of Durbuy, good accomodation to travel with a dog

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Looks better in the pictures, I don't recommend it

- During the check-in the person almost charge me twice the price. - The rooms have a musty odor and are lack of acoustic isolation. You can hear the noise of people walking by the stairs. - If you want to use the swimming pool, you should pay 15 euros.. on top of that, it can only be used only between 9:00 and 12:00.

Good location.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Pleasantly surprised with the room & breakfast buffet!
    • Superior Double Room - First Floor

The toilets in the restaurant could be better....

Beautiful new rooms!! Very nice and tasteful!! Also very good breakfast buffet with delicious fresh orange juice

Passable

Amazing experience!

The room was bit humid.

Location, great breakfast, comfortable room.

we had to pay at the checq in, we even didn't see the...

we had to pay at the checq in, we even didn't see the room ?????

There were some rooms available on that day.
    • Suite

There were some rooms available on that day. We had an opportunity to use two rooms with family.

zalig

niets

Alles was perfect

Simple hotel, good price!

Simple hotel, good price!

verrassend netjes en geschikt voor one night stop plaats

none

room en breakfast

The city is very nice

The city is very nice

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Great location, room was pleasant, breakfast in the morning...
    • Comfort Double Room

Wifi did not work in the room, free parking was not convenient.

Great location, room was pleasant, breakfast in the morning was very nice.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Good location in the city.
    • Superior Double Room - First Floor

Acceptable, but not so clean. No lift in the hotel.

Good location in the city.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Great place for a great price

Staff is very friendly!

• Reviewed: 8 May 2016

Hotel still under construction, but already charging full price of services that are not there. For the price of the stay, the breakfast was not up to standard.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

A quaint hotel in the heart of Durbuy.

Fine hotel. No lavish decorations or excessive frills. Don't expect too much- just enjoy the laid-back atmosphere and adorable setting.

A quaint hotel in the heart of Durbuy. Superb location! Simple and clean rooms with a nice breakfast. Great deal for the price!

• Reviewed: 21 February 2016

The location is great.

- They do not speak English and did not seem happy to speak Dutch. Even were rude when I replied with 'I'm sorry I don't understand'. Two members of our group tried to speak French to the lady but she was not willing to speak at a little slower pace and would not repeat things. - The swimming pool and spa facilities are not included yet appear to be on this website. We were asked to pay 40 euros per person extra if we wanted to enjoy that side of things. We booked this hotel purely on the expectation that we would be able to enjoy the spa. - Overpriced for what it is.

The location is great. Breakfast was average. Comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2015

I was asked to pay before I saw the room.

I was asked to pay before I saw the room. Small rooms,with NO soap (there ware only 2 sachet of sower gel and nothing else in the bathroom),No house shoes, NO , verry old towels (they were ripped from too much usage), very old furniture, the toilet was not clean, shower was not working properly, there was mold on the windows (old wood frames), there was no kind of sound insolation (you could hear people going up an down the stairs). For breakfast had nothing warm (except a couple of sausages ), coffee was not even close to coffee. It was not even close to 3 stars.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2015

Lots of things: the room was still in renovation!(as well as the building, had a terrasse, that I discovered I shared with someone! Had to keep curtains closed) Breakfast is a real joke (no fresh bread, fruits from cans,suspicious eggs,...)

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

The location was excellent.

£90 equivalent I expected a little more ....it was v warm ..no air conditioning & the window was left open in the day . Consequently I was severely bitten by mosquitoes which I didn't,t expect In Belgium ! The owners brusquely asked me for payment up front upon arrival !! Other guests also were asked . I politely refused & the owner turned,walked away , muttering " oh well ,I have you credit details " Not quite sure they understand the procedures?

The location was excellent. The good restaurants,bars,spa scenery ,& company ..made up for a very average hotel.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2015

We liked the location, staff, food.

We liked the location, staff, food. The only thing I felt was when I did the booking it said four star and I expected a higher end hotel. All turned out great don't get me wrong but it was the impression that I got when I booked that led to a small disappointment. So it was nothing to do with the hotel itself. Thank you.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2015

Clean, tidy hotel.

Nothing of note.

Clean, tidy hotel. Nice, though basic, rooms. Friendly, informal atmosphere. Good breakfast. Excellent location in town centre.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

The location was good

I booked a room for 3 persons (my family) with room size 50 square meters but I was allocated with a room just half the size. I checked in very late and when I went to make the complaint, there was no body at the reception. Next morning I wanted to explain them but the lady said we can leave the tax and charged me € 140.00. As I was in a hurry, I did not argue much as she did not understand English or German properly. I would like to have my refund based on the room size. My room number was 1 on the ground floor. Could you help me? Hope to hearing from you soon. Regards

The location was good

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

We came with a dog and they gave us a bigger room which was...

We came with a dog and they gave us a bigger room which was perfect. Everything is clean and nice nothing more

• Reviewed: 22 May 2016

friendly staff nice breakfast

hotel not realy open , lot of water damadge in the room

friendly staff nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 13 May 2016

The staff were helpful.

The staff were helpful. We were allowed to use the pool at the wellness centre at no cost

• Reviewed: 21 February 2016

Very nice breakfast and good location

The bed could be more confortable

Very nice breakfast and good location

Very good location

The room smelled bad.

Very good location

• Reviewed: 14 May 2015

It is a good location and the breakfast is reasonably good.

It is too expensive for the facilities provided.

It is a good location and the breakfast is reasonably good.

There are also 16 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.