Reviews of Courtyard By Marriott Brussels 4 stars

Avenue Des Olympiades 6, Evere, 1140 Brussels, Belgium

#77 of 210 hotels in Brussels

5.3

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Very spacious room, nicely decorated with big tv and city...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Didn't find slippers in the room

Very spacious room, nicely decorated with big tv and city view. Staff was friendly and informative. The ice tea in the lobby was a nice touch!

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Not bad choice
    • Deluxe Double Room

location, far from any attraction or shopping. internet is not free and have to activate every 24h. breakfast is good but too expensive. poor room service choice/menu, especially for a hotel far from any restaurant.

friendly staff and clean hotel

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

excellent choice
    • Deluxe Double Room

There was nothing that I did not like, except for the slightly distant location from the city centre. There are few ethnic restaurants around. But the resident restaurant was great. I tried pea risotto, simply great, the best I have had thus far. The fresh bread was delicious. Overall a great experience.

Food is perfect!

traces of the old tooth paste or paint in the sink.. and the house keeping was repetedly knocking my door at 11:55 am, just to remind me i am leaving today. Well check out was at 3 pm and i was in the shower - so i left the shower to answer the door locked with Privacy switch.. WiFi - to be paid and handled separately? - too much - just include it to the room price by default if you like to charge me for every step> or next time will i need to purchase ELEVATOR OPTION? ha?

Food is perfect! Room is big and comfortable. Personnel is friendly and communicative. The City itself is expensive so it is not something i can blame the room price..

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

I love waffles for breakfast!

I got just simple orange juice but I asked for fresh juice.

I love waffles for breakfast!! Ironing facilities at room. I got room earlier before check in time. Housekeeper was very polite!!! He always knocked doors for few times and then carefully opens. I guess his hand hurts because of knocking all doors :) Other hotels housekeeper knock just one time and suddenly open doors. I was pleased by extra amenities :)

Unacceptable
    • Deluxe Double Room

Safe didn't work poor How can you have 2 hotels with same name??? My sister was staying in the other hotel which had same name we asked if if could change they said no!!! Unacceptable!!!! Never again !!!!!!! Our vacation was spoiled by the management!!!! Same chain of hotel!!!! Why???????

Nothing poor

Nice property and grest
    • Deluxe Double Room

The pick up from the airport was ok but there is no drop on weekends and this was not told when I had booked the room. Had to book a cab to be dropped back to the airport.

The staff was very courteous at checkin and and also check out was very quick and professional

Great place to stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

The hotel is lovely. The hotel staff is very kind, the bed is comfortable,very clean room with everything you need,but what could i say more...is Marriot. It is a litlle bit to far from the center but it is worth it because has a very pleasant and quiet neighborhood,with beautiful houses and a nice park near. The restaurant has also a terrace with a very nice view and good coffee. The wifi signal was ok and it was free.We enjoyed our stay here and we recommend!

Nice hotel, great staff and good dinner.
    • Deluxe Double Room

During the weekend, breakfast ends at 10:30, a bit early so I choose to sleep and skip it.

Nice staff, good facilities and location. Parking is easy. Dinner at the hotel restaurant is very good.

Typical business and airport style hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

Barman in the evening was a bit abrupt and rude, we where sat outside and had just purchased drinks, he turned the lights off on us and was hurrying us to finish drinking, it was about 23:45. The gym is ok. Large space with limited equipment: 2 treadmills 2 cross trainers a upright bike and a recumbent bike a few dumbbells and a multi station gym. Could do with a couple more treadmills and a couple of rowers and maybe a squat rack with some good weights. There is plenty of space.

Typical airport or business hotel. Breakfast is nice enough, covers everything that most people would wish for and im sure you can ask for something that isn't out. Also buffet lunch was very nice. Good facilities for a business workshop which is why i was there. The gym is ok. Large space with limited equipment: 2 treadmills 2 cross trainers a upright bike and a recumbent bike a few dumbbells and a multi station gym. Could do with a couple more treadmills and a couple of rowers and maybe a squat rack with some good weights. There is plenty of space. The rooms are spacious but a little old fashioned, especially the bathrooms. The rooms in the front are very noisy if you are a light sleeper, needs to look at soundproofing. A very nice friendly receptionist Hermione (i thinks that's her name) who was always smiling, hope she is here when i next visit.

A very nice way to enjoy Brussells
    • Deluxe Double Room

Two chairs with backs would have been more comfortable in our room.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We had a problem with loss of power to our room. It was attended to very promptly and without any fuss

We will book in a heartbeat next time in Brussels.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The location was a bit far from the city centre but we had a car so this wasn't a problem. On the positive side the deal we got was extraordinary.

We had wonderful time staying at Marriott. The staff exceeded our expectations in resolution of a mistake here on booking.com where it was written (it is still now) that extra beds for children under 12 years are free of charge. They handled this very well for which we are very grateful. The breakfast was amazing its a very good option for a weekend since public parking is free, and next to the hotel there is huge open parking.

Free parking next to the hotel (paid only 9:00 - 18:00...
    • Deluxe Double Room

No free WiFi (only if you join to some hotel's "membership", but then the use it is still pretty challenging)

Free parking next to the hotel (paid only 9:00 - 18:00 Mon/Fri)

Perfect stay, I had to choose between a quiet room or a room...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Perfect stay, I had to choose between a quiet room or a room with city view, the staff is really kind and smiling, everything is quick and well explained, really ZERO complaint, and the price was really good for this quality. I 100% recommend this Hotel

Reasonable choice for family trip
    • Superior Family Room

City center is a bit far and there is some noise of airplanes.

Rooms were clean and spacious. I reserved a family room, and got two connected rooms:) considering the money I paid, I can’t expect any more.

It was easy to find the place in the night in the unfamiliar...
    • Deluxe Double Room

The only thing that spoiled my impression was a 5:30 am bell at that waked me up. After a night flight, it was very dissatisfying. No instructions and no instructor in the fitness room.

It was easy to find the place in the night in the unfamiliar town Evere even without a map because a bus stop is very close to the house. A varied breakfast.

Perfectly acceptable.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Pillows were on a par with the worst I have ever experienced. Why do hotels insist on supplying the cheapest possible pillows. It's a fairly key part of the comfort of a hotel.

Breakfast was very good. General hotel ambience was good, clean and modern. Room was very spacious.

Excellent quality and value.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Lovely rooms, very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent and reasonable restaurant. Executive standards at very reasonable prices. Also very convenient to the airport (15 mins).

Nice hotel - very friendly staff - wifi not included.
    • Deluxe Double Room

There were wifi, but not free. Given the price of the room - the reputation of Marriot, and the fact that we are in 2018 - that was a big surprise. As I remember, it was kind of expensive as well. Although I don't plan to get stranded in Brussels - if it happens again, I will most likely check closer before I book - and I will be surprised if I return here (unless they change their policy).

I stayed at this hotel for some few hours due to that my flight got cancelled. Took at taxi from the airport - guess it was about 15 minutes drive. The staff at checkin (01:00) was very friendly and helpful. There were no minibar in the room, but a small shop behind the reception where you could buy some basics. Stayed in the room for five hours before I left again. I was so tired that I could probably have slept on the floor without noticing that anything was wrong, so not much to say about the room - bad or good.

Really nice and comfy.

Use of the room card to activate the elevator. It works 1 time out of 5 and you need to play a lot with it.... But I can only say it is a detail in the great stay we got there. The parking is a bit expensive (12.5€/day) but there is a free parking just nearby if you stay there on the weekend.

Bedroom with much space. Beds were really comfortable The personnel was also very professional and dedicated to help. However it is a bit expensive, the breakfast was complete and really good.

All the regular facilities, clean, in a good area and no problems encountered.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I didn't experience/encounter any problems during my stay.

The hotel is very comfortable. The rooms are clean, modern and in good repair. There was a fridge and kettle and tea/coffee amenities in my room. Wifi is free for Marriott members, other guests must pay a small fee. The hotel has a contemporary bar/lounge and eating area although I did not eat breakfast. Breakfast is not included and costs around 20€. There is a garden area but it was too cold to sit there. The hotel is situated near to a large Carrefour store, Delhaize, bus and tram stops and railway station. They have a free airport shuttle service. There is a printer in the lobby for guest use. There are some restaurants in the area, although a bit far to walk in the freezing cold. Any concerns are quickly dealt with by the staff who are friendly and helpful.

Wifi speed and security is a must in a business hotel - please take action....

No minibar. The alternative provided is the market behind the reception - very poor. Wifi is not secured and extremely slow . Menu at the restaurant is rather limited. The breakfast is avarage.

Shuttle to the office. Staff at the reception are very friendly and helpful.

Good value for money

The hotel is not the best location if you’re on a short stay (20 mins drive to CBD). I was suprised to see nothing in the mini bar fridge. There was no moustruiser or shower caps either & only 1 robe/slippers for 2 of us

Beds are comfty, breakfast is good. Loved the free Nespresso coffees in the room

• Deluxe Double Room

WiFi is at a charge, which is unbelievable in these days. Also service in the restaurant well below expectations, slow, not motivated and poor service

Good breakfast

the staff
    • Deluxe Double Room

so far from Brussels Midi Station. Room was ok but in the front of the hotel right by the busy main road and constant traffic of cars and tram. The room should be sound proofed. Impossible to sleep. especially not good for a business trip. No free wifi - again not a good point for a business trip

the staff

Not very pleasant having a stranger walk into the room while in bed but other than that clean and co
    • Deluxe Double Room

I didn't like the fact that it was a room thet had a door that connects to another room and that the door was not locked! So I had a stranger walk into our room while we were already in bed!! Didn't like the fact that I asked for a single bed at ended up with 2 separate beds.I had to pay for the internet connection and Wi-Fi and that my own 3G network didn't work very well inside the room. The bottle of water was not offered but it cost 2,5€ if you drank from it!

I liked the fact that the matress was very comfortable.There was tea in the room offered by the hotel; the cleanliness.The ice machine on the floor. The bar, the cozy atmosphere.. there are 2 USB plugs right next to the bed.the cleaning staff is discreet.

Great rooms good breakfast, slow check-out

The check-out took almost 10 minutes per person, which I think is too long. As I was there with 3 collegeques this was quit long over 30 minutes for 4 of us.

The rooms are awesome, large, great king size bed. The breakfast was fine. The bar closed at 0:00 a bit early which was unfortunate, no mini bar. Staff in the hotel are supportive and very nice.

Hotel provides rich breakfast, good variety of cheese.

Surrounding of the hotel is not best. There is not so much going on around the hotel.

Hotel provides rich breakfast, good variety of cheese. Meeting rooms are quite large. Rooms are really clean and quite. Rooms also have excellent mattresses.

Good hotel outside of the centre
    • Deluxe Double Room

When we entered our rooms there was no electricity in either of them. It took a while until someone came to fix it (we had to call twice for it).

We like this hotel and we have stayed there multiple times. Clean rooms, comfy beds, descent wifi and nice breakfast. Good choice for a business trip or if you need to be in Brussels but not close to the city centre.

Short but sweet
    • Deluxe Double Room

I had problems with my room card in the elevator a few times, but the staff were helpful to correct it.

The front desk delivered on my wake up call and had a taxi for me at 5am. The view was great and the room was clean.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Great stay, excellent staff

Nothing important! Only, there is only the finnish sauna within the gym and no spa relax area in addition to the sauna. Turkish bath would be a great addition!

Very good breakfast, excellent staff, free sauna and gym.

Comfy American Chain Hotel in Brussels
    • Superior Family Room

I felt mislead by my booking that breakfast was included only to find out it was not. They charge €22 per person. That's a lot!

Free room upgrade and free WiFi....usually they charge for this service

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

We really appreciated the possibility to leave the room at...
    • Deluxe Double Room

We really appreciated the possibility to leave the room at 12, and the breakfast buffet open until 1.30 pm. The breakfast was just fantastic, it's huge. Sauna and gym opened 24h a day. Nothing to improve... just perfect.

Excellent service and good return for money.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Location was bit off. Takes about 30 min in bus to reach central station.

Got almost all in what you expect from a 4 star hotel. Nice and informative staff. Breakfast recommended.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Wouldn't recommend it at all.
    • Deluxe Double Room

NO FREE WIFI which was a joke! It's 2017 people. 8.85€ for 1 day... really?? You have to take a cab to get anywhere. The cabs were pretty expensive and took a long time to get to you and take you to the center city. The bar in the hotel was a joke. Charged 70€ for two drinks which shouldn't have happened. The bartender screwed us over. I definitely wouldn't recommend this to anyone. I had a more bad experience than good. Wasn't worth the price.

The rooms were really nice. Parking was good, there's a garage under the hotel so you don't have to leave your vehicle on the street.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Close to the airport . Front desk operators pleasant and helpful.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Wanted a shuttle to the airport when I Got off the plane at Brussels airport . Surprised there was none despite the advertising . Took a cab the next morning to catch my flight. Got my wake up call as requested which was important .

Yes clean rooms . Pleased. Restaurant staff were good to me. Excellent .

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Bad service
    • Deluxe Double Room

I forgot my electrical Oral B in my room, next day I asked on the reception and nobody was moving to give it back, or even to find it, bad service, no interest to help a client

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Bed comfy
    • Deluxe Double Room

Didn't realise how far out of Brussels the hotel was

Bed comfy

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Decoration bathroom

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Just excellent
    • Deluxe Double Room

In the afternoon they delivered complementary bread, cheese and beer ro the room!

Every things was nice especially the view

Every things was nice especially the view

Great time
    • Deluxe Double Room

Great hotel and the staff is very kind. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

• Deluxe Double Room

The location is a little bit far from the center.

Very comfortable, clean and nice staff. What else do you need?

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Nice place close to NATO

TV channels !

Good for 2 days stay if you need to attend meetings in NATO.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Nice hotel for short stay

Great breakfast. Nice and clean rooms with city view!

Perfect location for meetings at NATO HQ
    • Deluxe Double Room

Noisy room facing the street

Perfect location for meetings at NATO HQ Good breakfast buffet

Wifi

Wifi

The WiFi was not free and had to pay for it.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The WiFi was not free and had to pay for it.. I booked a hotel with WiFi as a amenity. This I had to pay extra to use WiFi which wasn’t fair.

Four star hotel charging for wifi in the 21st century?

Wifi costs 9 euro per day

Clean and comfortable

Big room, very comfortable bed, free sauna and gym

Big room, very comfortable bed, free sauna and gym

a very pleasant stay.

nothing.

very comfy bed.

Lovely hotel poor breakfast

Breakfast was poor selection of hot foods

WiFi did not work ☹️

WiFi did not work ☹️

N/a

The bed absolutely great comfi

Friendly staff and very clean hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

Everything about the hotel was superbe

Helpful and pleasant staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Helpful and pleasant staff. Very clean. Large open space upon entry. Comfortable bar area for business discussions.

Awesome rooms!

Awesome rooms!

Happy with the hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room

No internet connection from my room.

Bed is very comfortable. Location is good.

I will be always stay in the same hotel. Everything was perfect

The staff were super

The bed extra comfy

Comfortable stay, but far from the center and outpriced
    • Deluxe Double Room

Located outside of the center. Decoration is rather boring. Very expensive.

Rather classic hotel for conference. Comfortable. Lots of room.

Amazing and extremely helpful staff

Amazing and extremely helpful staff

Nice place to stay

Friendly staff, comfortable room

fair

room 614 very noisy. because the room is on the Avenue des Olympiades side.

Classical Marriott: high level amenities, comfortable bed,...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Classical Marriott: high level amenities, comfortable bed, excellent service,

Spacious room, nice facilities
    • Deluxe Double Room

Too far away from the city center. Fortunately there are buses and trams nearby

Spacious room, nice facilities

No value for money

No value for money

Easy Access from the Airport

Checking take times...

Easy Access from the Airport 30 min taxi to go to Grand Place Mini Market of the Hotel open 24h/24/

Bed cleanliness staff
    • Deluxe Double Room

Bit far from city center

Bed cleanliness staff

The bed and cleanliness
    • Deluxe Double Room

Provision of toilette could have been done earlier

The bed and cleanliness

Excellent experience.

Everything was great.

Staff was excellent. Rooms were great. Clean and great.

room its cold

Nice
    • Superior Family Room

Location far from downtown. But with cheap rates could easily afford taxis.

Good Marriott standards. Good rate compared to downtown hotels.

Very good

Every thing

Hotel confortabel and rooms , Resterant

Xxxx

Clean and spacious rooms, the price was decent.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The parking was difficult to navigate.

The size and cleanliness of the rooms.