Reviews of Hotel Euro Capital Brussels 3 stars

Avenue Fonsny 9, Sint-Gillis / Saint-Gilles, 1060 Brussels, Belgium

#132 of 215 hotels in Brussels

• Double or Twin Room

The lady reception in the morning was not kind. No smile and inpatient.and charged me 50 euros after I had already paid the bill. And even didn’t inform me.

Location is good. Near midi station

• Double or Twin Room

Close to gare de midi station, perfect for using public transportation. Little noise from the railway. Bad neighbour. Helpful staff, clean and space rooms. No fridge available. Good breakfast. Perfect choice for people travelling for work.

• Double or Twin Room

In this modern world, i don't like filling a check in document. Even though they had all my info via Booking.com, they insisted i fill in the document. they did not agree to staple my business card instead

It was a transit stay and the hotel was perfectly OK for that purposes. It is just 5 minutes from Brussels Midi station

Surprisingly, there was no security lock on the night entrance - we could walk right in without having to use our room cards, which means anyone could. Also the hair dryer was of the frying, single-setting kind.

Cheap, clean, comfortable and service was good! Bonus points for the security box and hot shower with good pressure.

• Double or Twin Room

Taking 50 Euro deposit , should not happen because when I booked no body told me about that , and there is no deposit even I. Five stars hotels so there should be no deposit agains

Location , comfort

• Double or Twin Room

I travelled by train, so the location near the Gare du Midi was very convenient. That location is also great for public transport, with many options to travel all over the city. The room was quiet.

It was all good

Exceptional front desk gentleman, so obliging & friendly. Comfy beds. Close to Brussels midi station. Good eating nearby. Very clean & organised.

• Double or Twin Room

Be careful with you belongings around the station area.

Close the the railways station where the Euro star arrives. Nearby is an Ibis so you can go in there if you want a drink late night. Room 47 has been re done and was very comfortable. Did not need breakfast this time as I got that on the train...but from previous stays can say it is good.

• Double or Twin Room

The carpet was old and smelly, under my window was a noisy construction yard

Clean bathroom, excellent bed and good internet, very close to the Midi railway station

• Double or Twin Room

Bit worn out, but qood price/quality ratio. Finding parking was difficult

Staff was nice and helpfull, room was clean. City center was in walking distance. Neighborhood was really diverse, lots of restaurants around

Although I was in a room not facing Gare Midi, there is always a slight noise of a (cooling?) machine in the backyard. Environmental policy could be improved (all towels were changed every day). An additional towel hanger near the shower would be useful.

Very professional and nice staff, nice lobby and room, excellent location if arriving with train. Would stay there again.

• Double or Twin Room

The bathroom smelt of drains when we arrived but smell disappeared after we opened the window for a bit - or maybe we just got used to it!

Good basic accommodation for an overnight stopover after arrival in Brussels on late Eurostar.

The only negative is the construction work next door to the hotel starts at 6am so you get disturbed. The rooms in the back are quieter then the rooms facing the street. Obviously this isn't the hotels fault. Also at night after 11pm the area feels unsafe with alot of young men around.

The staff especially Nicklos ( sorry if I spelt his name wrong) was amazing. Very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. The hotel is 2 minutes walk from the Eurostar station. The rooms were a nice size, good breakfast , good location and 10-15 minutes walk to Grand Place. Overall it was better then I imagined. Bonus when you check out you can store your luggage free if you have a later plane or Eurostar to catch. When you walk towards the city centre there are some great places to eat otherwise Brussels can be expensive food wise. I would definitely stay there again.

• Double or Twin Room

It could have a small refrigarator in the room to put water and beverages

Nice, spacious room. Friendly staff especially the two young men at the reception. Very close to the railway station, walking distance from the city center.

Noise, neighborhood - leaves something to be desired.

Another cheap, bare bones property near Gare Midi. very near the station, but noisy ~especially given construction next door

The bad was so small that it was my first time that I fell down while sleeping.the television post and broadcast is very very bad. Although three star hotel but no refrigerator in the room.

• Double or Twin Room

The location is in across from the train station which can attract unsavoury people.

The breakfast the hotel puts out has everything! A few minor things were not working in our room which the hotel fixed promptly.

• Double or Twin Room

Ideal if you are travelling by Eurostar and arrive quite late at night as it took 5 mins to walk to hotel. Very helpful staff. Breakfast was good. Could walk into the city centre in 15 mins so very good position

• Double or Twin Room

The area you have to walk through to get to the centre can feeling slightly unsafe at times (for two young women). Though we never had an issue.

Good location, close to the shuttle stop from the airport and within walking distance of Brussels centre. Very comfy bed!

• Double or Twin Room

The mattress is not comfortable, you could hear every neighbor walking because of the very creaking floor.

Very close to the Midi train station, which was exactly what i was looking for.

• Double or Twin Room

Be aware that they will charge you a damage deposit of 50 euros on check-in and will refund it on check-out.

My second stay there and I can say nothing beats the EC Brussels in terms of location if you are using trains arriving in/departing from Brussels Midi station, as it’s literally across the street. Bed is comfortable and breakfast, even though not as varied as one would expect, was more than enough for me. Wifi service is good.

• Double or Twin Room

Apart from the gentleman ob reception when we first arrived the rest of the stafff were abrupt borderline rude. Very distant

Bed was comfortable and room clean

I did not like being asked for a fifty euro deposit. Moreover, I was particularly displeased when I had to nudge the morning receptionist to return it to me. It should have been done automatically. I had to open the window to air the room, but there was an incredibly loud noise from the station

The breakfast is first-class with fresh, crispy rolls, refreshingly hot coffee and a super mix of cereal/fruit/extra tasty yoghurt. The bed is very comfortable and there is both a bath and a shower.

• Double or Twin Room

Evening staff let a lot of people use the reception as a lounge bar which made it feel quite unsafe. The evening receptionists weren't very helpful and the wifi wasn't great.

Big bed, very near Gare du Midi so a good base to explore everywhere else

• Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was very cold in March cold and there was some mold. Also the bath is quite small.

Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Nice breakfast.

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel is asking for a deposit of 50 Eur for covering potential damages. Not sure what damages can occur when they don't even have a mini bar/ fridge in the room. This deposit wasn't mentioned in Booking.com description, when I made the reservation. Hope they will update it in the meantime. The employees are not trustful: I've been lied 3 times: I mentioned that I'll leave early in the morning and I want to be sure that I'll receive the deposit back. I was assured that somebody will be there at the 6 am when I'll check out. Nobody was there until 6:20 am when I needed to leave in order to catch the plane. Booking .com representative contacted the hotel in the day of check out and they have been assured that the payment of the deposit was released in the same day. I reverted after 5 days when I've seen that the money didn't appear in my bank account and they said that they will pay it next week. I needed to send 4 times my bank account details because they were not received repeatedly. In fact they said that the email was received partially, the missing part being the one containing the bank details. Strange. When you'll pay the deposit ask for the receipt for it. I received it just because I asked for it. I cannot say that Boking.com was very supportive in this case. The feeling was that they're passing my emails from one to another without taking responsibility or action. In fact all happened because they didn't mentioned this requirement (I would have avoided to book here)

Placed close to Brussels Midi train station, near Novotel

• Double or Twin Room

Room was a little tight for bags but other than that can't really say there was anything I didn't like. I really wish we could have stayed longer.

The breakfast was really good and the staff was super friendly. All staffs English was also really good and were extremely helpful. They let us check in early and helped us with a great chocolate and beer tour booking. Very well run.

• Double or Twin Room

Room reservation request was for two beds but we received one.

Breakfast buffet; close to public transit; Sunday morning market in the street outside with lots of fresh produce and food.

• Double or Twin Room

We missed some fresh vegetables from the breakfast. Otherwise it was good. The room was a bit cold when we arrived, but after getting the remote control of the AC, we could manage it very well. :) The streets were bit noisy, since there is the train station very close situated.

Very friendly staff, and good breakfast. In our room the heating was by air-conditioner so I had to ask for the remote control. I could make really hot in the room when I wanted. The biggest advantage of this hotel is that it's close to the Gare du Midi. There are some nice little restaurants nearby. And on Sunday there was a nice market around the train station.

Nothing actually.

The hotel was easy to find using Google Maps from the midi station. Distance is about 600 metres. The rooms were large enough for our needs and the breakfast was good with tasty breads and such. I also liked the smoked salmon. I do find Belgian coffee to be very light however. With the two-day public transportation contactless card and Brussels Cards, we were able to visit many interesting museums and attractions. The nearby Metro station at the Midi station made it very easy for us to go to these places. We also used Uber when the temperature dropped to -4 degrees Celcius during one of the days we were there (march 15 - 18, 2018) and when we had many things to carry back (Belgian chocolates). From the Grand Place, Uber costs around Euro 15 for UberVan. Halal foods were also easy to find as there were a few halal restaurants next to the hotel (3 that I found). On Sunday morning, there was a Sunday market in front of the hotel where visitors can find good choices of foods, produce and clothes at reasonable prices. I find the location of the hotel to be very strategic as it is near to the main train and metro station and would definitely book this hotel again should I visit Brussels again.

The hotel is quite noisy, you can hear people walking on the rooms above. The location is excelent if you are like me just staying for a night to connect two train rides, but it's not a nice place, specially at night.

The staff was really helpful! They were always ready to help me with anything I needed.

I had to check out very early and take a shuttle to the airport, so for me the area was really important. It is very close to Brussels Midi train station and Metro so you have easy access to the city centre and all important places in the city. It is great value for the money.

• Double or Twin Room

No kettle in the room, which was very much needed. We asked for it at reception, they provided the kettle, but we had to pay 0,5 EUR for a paper cup. Considering the place is not really low key, this little detail was a bit disappointing.

I did enjoy the view over the railways. I did not hear the trains at night. The double bed was very comfortable, with a large mattress rather than 2 single mattresses as many hotels tend to do. In general, clean and comfy, super close to the station.

• Double or Twin Room

having a bar rather than a vending machine selling cans of lager and chocolate. The street its in isn't very pleasant. Creaking floorboards. Noise in corridor during night.

convenient for eurostar

• Double or Twin Room

The internal walls were a little thin, hearing people from other rooms.

A pretty decent hotel with comfortable and clean rooms. Great view at the train station, no noise from outside. Excellent location for transportation to the city center, the airports and other cities in and out of Belgium. Nice staff and good Wi-Fi.

• Double or Twin Room

Tight drying space for towels, nearly impossible to use hand shower without getting into the tub. Limited choice of vegetables for breakfast.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Location not far from airport shuttle and underground.

Reading lights at the bed don't seem to be a priority in some hotels: why?

This was a one-night stopover between trains and it was just fine. Single room with single bed and large scale (and soundproofed) passing parade of Gare du Midi trains (if you are into that sort of thing: good curtains if you are not). Comfortable and convenient to metro and trams to inner city Brussels. Good food options including brasseries with moules around the station

• Double or Twin Room

The room was so cold, there is no heating, only the air conditioner. And it is not working, when our card is not in the room.

Nice, helpful staff, very clean room, and perfect breakfast.

No Frills mean no kettle / voffee etc in room but there was a safe. Not very easy to double lock the door from inside.

Super convenient location by the International / Suburban Mdii station station, Metro and Trams galore! The room and bathroon was spotlessly clean and the bed was very comfy.

• Double or Twin Room

The place has seen better times for sure. The room was clean but many of the fittings and installations are clearly in need of renovations. The bed was ok, the common spaces are functional. The lighting in the hall only switches on when you enter the hall. So you have to walk in the dark when you enter or leave your room. That's inconvenient.

The staff was very professional, friendly and helpful. They seem all to speak at least three languages which is helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

The lift wasn’t working on this occasion so it was a struggle up 3 flights of stairs with a bad back. However, the staff kindly put my case in my room for me while I was at my meeting.

You can’t beat it for the price, facilities and location - right next to the Gare du Midi and really good value compared to the surrounding hotels for a similar level of service.

• Double or Twin Room

The receptionist tooks a wrong amount of money from my credit card. He had to repeat the bank operation. Then he did anyway a pre-autorization on my card used for booking the room and i had to tell him to give me money back!!

I saw trash from the previous occupant underneath the bed.

It's close to the Midi station. You can walk to the Grand Place from the hotel (10-15 min brisk walk).

Room was small, not suitable for anythong but short stay.

Very convenient to Eurostar Station for early morning train. Rate was excellent given central location.

The room smell like cigarete everytime I came in, so I need to open the window to let go the smell.

The room is big. Location is only few minutes walk to bruxelles midi. If you need iron, ask reception, they’ll give you the iron and the board.

Room cost 5 euros more than advertised. No tea or coffee materials. Price was a bit steep for what I got.

The location was great - very near train station. Comfortable bed. Clean.

Bathroom is quite small; Noises in the room; Some more space for a luggage would be good.

The hotel has a great location, especially if you use a train - it is just in front of Brussels Midi train station, which has connection with the main European cities and EuroStar train. You need 14-15 minutes to walk to the city center. Facilities, clearness and overall comfort is good for short stay. Breakfast is adequate. Bed and sleep quality was good. Staff service is nice.

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast is good and counter service is Nice. The room is as big as imagine and unfornately the washing room space is small

• Double or Twin Room

Smoking in some rooms was inside my room, very unpleasant. Staff solved the issue by any parfem. Crazy. Breakfast in very cold room in winter, no heating. Just a cold breakfast.

Close to train station Mitte, it is fine.

• Double or Twin Room

Staff could clean under the beds (this is a minor point). Some people might not like the area around Gare du Midi, though I personally thought it was very convenient for accessing public transport.

Helpful friendly staff. Quiet, reasonably clean rooms - good for a nights sleep! Whilst the location, next to main train station isn't a particularly nice area, it is very convenient for public transport and train travel to other Belgian cities.

• Double or Twin Room

Good but not beautiful bathroom. No shampoo for guests.

Great location across from Brussels Midi train station, in the lovely St. Gilles neighborhood. Quiet, thanks to the double-pane windows.

The location, while really convenient to Brussels-Midi is not a great area for tourists: the area is a bit depressed - dirty, dark and somewhat empty at night, and lacking in easy access to restaurants/nightlife.

The room was perfect for one person, clean and had a full tub I could stretch out in.

• Double or Twin Room

The overall stay could have been much better, the bed was supposed to be a double and instead we had two singles put together that easily came apart, lots of banging from upstairs and the room smelt as if something had died in there. Tiles from around the bath were falling off.

• Double or Twin Room

Tight bathroom stand up p shower,no bath tub. No elevator, good thing we were on the main floor. Room can get too hot the windows can be opened but no screens. Quiet neighborhood. Overall we would definitely recommend this to our friends and family. Too bad we can only stay for short period of time. The hotel had two separate buildings we stayed across the street which is the villa and still part of the hotel.

Family owned hotel great staff, accommodating. Bed was from extra large and comfortable.

Perfectly good hotel for business trips. No added frills, and of course it comes with all the advantages, and disadvantages of being near a station. But far and away the best of any place I've stayed in that part of Brussels!

Carpet on the floor would have helped the floor not creak as I walked around the room.

The restaurant that was a half a block away was open after midnight and was tasty. And was close to the train station.

• Double or Twin Room

Girl on checkout was not very helpful as we had a broken down car. Night porter was very good and helpful a dgave is some good information.

Easy to find. Close to centre and attractions. Quiet.

No tea or coffee facilities in room. Bathroom a bit shabby. I don't like lifts. First stay had to take my luggage up some very steep stairs with loose carpet at the top. Second stay different Receptionist more helpful. Gave me a room on the ground floor.

The location. Near the station, for eurostar and ICE trains to Freiburg. Was visiting relatives in Germany. Room was okay.

It isn't tourist

Location, just in front of the main train station. Restaurants, bars and others hotels nearby. On Sundays a big open market nearby.

• Double or Twin Room

The in-house sound proofing is bad. I woke up at 3am because I thought I heard somebody walking in my room. It was either on the next floor on in the room next to me!

This hotel is only 300m from metro and Brussels Midi station. Although the hotel is on a busy road and next to many railway tracks, I did not hear cars nor trains.

2 nights for EUR 383 overpriced. Lounge and rooms dated and in desperate need of freshening up, room 5 smells of stale cigarettes. No amenities in room unless you have a shower cap fetish, lots of those. No tea/coffee making in room. The "bar" in the description is a vending machine. And worst of all for business traveller: terrible wifi quality.

Best is location. Staff friendly.

• Double or Twin Room

Dark lino on floor. No rugs. Felt cold. No tea or coffee available. Went downstairs in morning and was charge 2.5 euros for cup of tea.

Well situated from train station and able to walk to historical part of town. Nice staff.

• Double or Twin Room

The region is not very nice, neighbouring building was comletly ruined. Half ot the staff fine, some of them quite nasty. Nt very good breakfest I would not pay if not included in the price of the room.

The hotel is close to Gare du Midi excelent to connection to the airport , Nearby there is a good supermarket. Metro, just 1 min. walk. Noisy rooms overlooking the railwaystation, quiet room upon request on the other side of the building. Helpfullstaff at the reception, chan

Bed was too small, except soap there was no other item in the toilet

Room were too small , my room telephone was not not working for the first two days

• Double or Twin Room

There was a light a smell in the room and the Flooring was a little sticky which made me feel that they don't clean very well or thoroughly I suggest at the hotel keep an eye on their cleaning services . it's a pity yeah because of that little detail I cannot provide a full five star review

Very close to Brussels Midi train station . Actually walking distance, even with my heavy luggage I could make it through and back the next day to take the train to London period

• Double or Twin Room

The WiFi kept dropping in the room. Price was very high during stay as Brussels seemed to be busy that week - €520 for two nights.

Great location, 2 minutes walk from Gare du Midi, and three stops on the Metro from the Grand Place.

• Double or Twin Room

We would have liked tea making facilities in our room

The location suited us very well as we were travelling by train. Comfortable enough room, and having air con available when it was quite hot during our stay was great

It is a tiny, but very clean and nice hotel with exceptionally fast internet and comfortable rooms. The location is perfect since you're literally right at the main transport hub Bruxelles-Midi while the noise insulation of the rooms is very good so you don't hear any of the noise from the outside. I would absolutely recommend if you want to have quick access to all modes of transport in a comfortable hotel for very good price.

The station area, where the hotel is located is not nice. I had to because of a work meeting. Breakfast, which I did not take, was charged at an extra A(12 EUR), which i consider excessive.

Hotel conveniently located close to the train station. Staff was nice and helpful.

Although the hotel was very convenient for the Bruxelles-Midi Station, it was in a decidedly seedy area, with lots of grotty shops, cafes and broken-down buildings. We expected noise from the railway line, but you got used to it by the second night.

The breakfasts were excellent, with the best tasting coffee ever from a machine, fresh rolls and croissants, delicious yoghurt and even hot bacon and sausages! The cereal mix was also great, but it would have been good to have some blueberries/raspberries/strawberries on offer as well as apple & banana. There was a bit of space in the room, the shower was easy to use and the bed very comfortable.

Yes, the area is not nice or clean, and is a bit far from the city centre, but this hotel is perfect if you are using trains to/from the Brussels Midi station, and above all is cheaper than others nearby. Wish I had had a longer stay at the Euro Capital Brussels.

I was surprised by the good size of the room, large desk and bed, and the sitting area. Even though the room faced the main street (Fonsny Ave.) it didn’t get too noisy. Bathroom was comfortable and featured a bathtub. Breakfast was rich and varied, with hot/cold meals, bakery, fruit and a coffee machine offering different options. Also a vending machine with both soft drinks/beers is located in the lobby. Luggage storage is available in a locked room, and you can find stores and supermarkets in the Midi station.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Smelly room that make you think they didn't clean up . Not a friendly area and in my opinion not secure at all, even if the desk personal told is safe. If it is a safe area, why you need to use bell ring on automatic door of the hotel? Under construction area and if you are lucky to have a room on the raillway side of the hotel, will have some issue with sleeping time.

Nothing.I liked everything and the room cleaners were friendly and courteous too.

I enjoyed the continental breakfast with scrambled eggs and sausage etc

• Double or Twin Room

When I got to the room the safe was not working, in the morning after locking some valuables on my luggage I went out leaving the sigh not to disturb at the door. When I came back in the afternoon I missed things. I will not acuse but cannot be silent, so I reach the reception and even though I said I didn't want to blame or acuse the maiden that entered the room and "cleaned" he have told someone​ responsible and this person came talk and argue with me, even used her religion as a standard not to have done anything. It was the worst experience in a hotel. Sorry I stayed there

It was reasonable, not anymore. I had stayed at this hotel before with not so bad experience. Maybe you are better luck?

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Th neighbourhood is a bit sketchy, and I wouldn't feel comfortable arrive there late at night. My room, while non smoking, smelled a lot of smoke, as the did the hallway. It wasn't a very nice hotel, but decent value for the money.

The location is great. Easy walking distance from metro station. The brakfast was good too.

Browse Hotel Euro Capital Brussels traveller photo gallery