Reviews of Apartments European Union Flat

Rue Veronese 85, 1000 Brussels, Belgium

Based on 456 apartment reviews

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Good location & value for money
    • Studio 28m2

Perfect location for me, spacious apartment. Quiet and with good bed.

A bit old building with natural flaws (narrow staircase, a bit drafty, and water flow in faucets quite minimal).

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Good information about check-in and key pick-up.
    • Studio 28m2

Poor general standard of the building, dirty carpets, untidy common areas. Room was not properly cleaned, hair on the bathroom floor and a pile of dust in the kitchen. Dirty and unusable water boiler.

Good information about check-in and key pick-up. The room and bathroom were spacious. Excellent location.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

okay, close to my activity at EU those days. Luckily, I stayed out most of my time.
    • Studio 28m2

two bins with the waste of earlier guests in the kitchen. A TV that did not function, after complaining RTL10 came on the screen and that was it!

Bed alright, no breakfast included

Just the area.
    • Studio 28m2

Bed was broken. Carpet was full of dust. Kitchen was dirty. Nobody checked with us for 5 days, at least to change the bin bag or to replace toilet paper and towels. Pillow cases were dirty so I had to ask for replacement. Super noisy outside the window because of a street construction site. TV was broken too.

Just the area.

What was expected for the price
    • Studio 28m2

Obtaining the key is not an easy process. I never saw any staff. When we arrived there were handy men in our room fixing the shower. It’s not obvious to find, the pictures don’t give you a good idea or where it is/what kind of format it will be. It literally just looks like a random house on the street. Our room looked into a roof below which was covered in rubbish and old furniture (see photo) which was really disappointing and brought down the whole image of the place. There’s no safe. They don’t provide you with any useful information on how to get to nearest metro or any other useful tourist info which would of been quicker than working it out ourselves.

In a quiet location Near a Carrefour shop which is useful. Close to metro station and ciquintaire. You get what you pay for. If your just looking for something cheap, just to basically sleep in as you will be exploring the city mainly - this is a good place to choose.

• Studio 28m2

Would benefit more if an iron and board were included . The location is near a busy road so need to be aware that sleeping with windows open is very difficult if your room is at the front of the property

Great location, comfortable flat, easy access to restaurants and markets, and good price for it all
    • Studio 20m2

The summer stay without cooling was a little less comfortable, but I used the windows and a small fan. I still appreciate the flat for the value and availability during summer.

The location, price, reception service and hours, and convenience of the flat were very favorable. I appreciated the apartment availability for a 2-week stay, and enjoyed the kitchenette for convenience over a longer stay. The location is also favorable, and close to the parc, metro, and restaurants. I was happy to have good cable television stations as well, because I was watching the World Cup matches!

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Old place in a residential area not great for tourists
    • Studio 28m2

The room was not like that shown in the pictures on Booking.com. The furniture, carpets and other material were very old and used up. There was no staff available after working hours. Cleaning was not done on daily basis and was available only for longer stay (over 4 days I think). The neighbourhood was properly residential but lacked good grocery stores for shopping and we had to take a bus to find one. The nearest metro station Schuman was quite a distance from the residence. The place is also a bit far from all the tourist attractions and is perfect if somebody is to attend a meeting/visit European Commission as that is the only thing nearby. The room was hot and lacked air conditioning even though a fan was provided. The room was very congested so with a kid we had to watch over him so he doesn’t hurt himself.

Check-in was easy as we received all the instructions in advance about entry into property. Lady at the reception Natalie was courteous but there was not a lot she could help with as the resources at her disposal were limited.

Sent e-mail with entry instructions in time, the apartment...
    • Studio 28m2

The curtains were too small for the window, did not close out light sufficiently, WIFI was weak (and only the non-secured one worked), the staircase is not for the faint-hearted (and smells and the carpets are worn out)

Sent e-mail with entry instructions in time, the apartment looked good, three armchairs, in good state.

It was ok, but for the price I would expect better.
    • Studio 28m2

The bathroom door did not close. The bed was extremely uncomfortable. There was not that much light in the room, since the windows are really small.

I liked the bathroom. A lot of light.

We stayed at the 28 m2 flat.
    • Studio 28m2

We stayed at the 28 m2 flat. The bed and the shower were clean but the rest of the apartment wasn’t that much. There were a lot of hairs on the floor and we found a shirt of somebody else on the closet, also the table was kind of dusty. The bed is really thin, we could see through the sheets and there were a lot of stains on the mattress, so that was kind of gross. It doesn’t look at all like the pictures that they show you on their web. It is old and not very well maintained. The location is far away from the center, it is 40 min more ore less by walking.

Location is great.
    • Studio 28m2

VERY BAD INTERNET. The apartment was not clean, dust and hair everywhere. Сurtain in the bathroom with fungus.

Location is great. Nathalie at the reception was very helpful and friendly.

Everything else was nice.
    • Studio 28m2

I arrived early at 06:00am in the morning and I had to call the owner for about 30 minutes. My room was empty so they had the possibility to provide me the access code via email. I was waiting outside and late for my meeting.

Fine and simple accomodation. I stayed there several times already and will come back again.
    • Studio 28m2

The key should have been prepared for me in an envelope with my name. There were two envelopes without any name, so it was necessary to call the owner (was not present in the office). Only then I learned that one of the envelopes was for me. It would be nice to have a soap in the bathroom. Small problems with the wifi connection.

A clean and well equipped appartment. Good access from the street (code).

• Studio 20m2

Place is not in relation with the pictures. Dusty, cleaned once every 7 days, smelly bathroom. Everything is cheap in there. Not to be recommended

The bathroom did not seem very clean.
    • Studio 28m2

The bathroom did not seem very clean. It was hard to open the main door as the lock seemed little broken. The flat I stayed in was very old (not what I expected from the photos). Wifi did not work.

Needs refurbishing
    • Studio 28m2

I never received an email with instructions on how to collect the keys. Room close to the main door very noisy....2 lightbulbs broken....almost hurt myself by walking on a protruding screw on the floor....toilet seat was worn out/stained

Location close to the EU area

The host was really helpful.
    • Studio 20m2

The wifi was unstable. I had to reconnect several times, which is a bit frustrating.

The host was really helpful. The second day of my stay I became sick and after I contacted with him, he offered me nurofen, some extra heating and even some tea. He even checked on me next morning to see if everything is fine. He was really nice and helpful. The location is excellent as well, as you are based a couple of blocks away from the EU institutions. It is also easy to find super markets, bars and dining places.

all in all it was fine. Not the Ritz but good value for money and good location.
    • Studio 28m2

The shower head is down very low and i had to stoop down to shower - and i am not that tall. The toilet would not stop running and the noise from it was very loud. There was no staff member in reception to help me. I could not find anyone who works in the apartment block. I tried to phone and text and WhatsApp the 2 phone numbers on the welcome note but there was no answer. I emailed but no response. Eventually i went onto booking.com and sent a message to the apartment block through that. About 2 hours later someone phoned me. I explained about the toilet and he sent a plumber out -1.5 hours later. I was glad that it was sorted but i think that staff should be contactable at all times in case of emergency

easy check in. clear instructions on how to get keys. Self check in

Overall it was fine for the money but I wouldn’t recommend it to others, it was a bit disappointing.
    • Studio 28m2

There was hair on the floor when we arrived. The oven, hot plates and bathroom radiator didn’t work. The curtains didn’t block the light, even at night.

A good amount of space and a warm apartment.

extraordinary
    • Studio 28m2

wifi signal is not always that good

comfortable bed, the room is clean and warm,just the radiator in bathroom didnt work but we dont need to stay longtime inside. A great experience and surprisingly cheap!

• Studio 28m2

The room was super cold There was no staff anywhere The building is not well maintained There was an additional charge of 5 euros on my invoice. Customer service did not answer my queries about it.

Good location Low price

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Average at best.
    • Studio 28m2

The kitchenette was far from well equipped, no cleaning equipment provided which is not good when you’re staying for 2 weeks. Shower was also temperamental.

The room was spacious and comfy.

Location & price
    • Studio 28m2

When making reservation, there were photos of other rooms and not the one I got. Expected better equipped kitchen. Heating in apartment 101B, which was at the groundfloor was not working well, it was really cold there. The room was street-oriented, big windows, no sound-proofing, the curtains didn't shade well. But one should be prepared for these "details" when taking into account the price in European district during busy working week.

Travelled for business, I appreciated to be close to the EU institutions, working WiFi and the kitchen. Very good communication with the host, she replied quickly at each question. I arrived by the time the host was still there, so I got the keys and invoice without any problem. Hot water even late in the night.

Location and price are good.
    • Studio 28m2

No code for entry to the premises was sent in advance. The corridor smelled weird. Better don´t look closer at the carpet, sheets and other places.

Location and price are good.

It was a good experience, with friendly staff and big flat.
    • Studio 28m2

I couldn't find information in advance if there are some general things available (such as toilet-paper, dish-washer, towels etc.) or we should bring it ourselves. This can vary from flat to flat, so it would be useful to be written somewhere.

I liked their reception management. It's easy to collect keys whenever you are arriving, as well as returning them when leaving accomodation. I liked the friendly staff and I liked the privacy given.

I had a nice studio type room which seemed clean and had a...
    • Studio 28m2

There was constantly unpleasant odor coming from the bathroom. Wifi didn't work well and I at times I was walking in and out I didn't see anybody at the reception to ask about it.

I had a nice studio type room which seemed clean and had a good size

The location of property was great, but nothing else was...
    • Studio 20m2

The studio was not clean, it has only one window in the ceiling. Bathroom was old and not clean, plus no aspiration and had a very bad smell. Bed was not comfortable at all and there were some noises during the night which makes you wake up from time to time. Above all I must say that reality versus photos on booking is quite different.

The location of property was great, but nothing else was worth it. You could easily reach the bus station to the Airport and also to city center. Staff was nice but the property itself was not good. It was a big disappointment.

Disappointing and the room was nothing like the photos showed.
    • Studio 28m2

The whole apartment stank of damp and even our clothes smelt damp at the end of our stay. The bed was ridiculously low and I struggled to get out of it. There's nowhere to sit properly to do hair and makeup.

The only saving grace was the sheets and towels were clean.

We asked to change our room from the 2nd floor to closer to...
    • Studio 28m2

Originally we were allocated a room on the 2nd floor with an extremely narrow dirty staircase and no lift. The bed was very low. We had to ask for an ironing board and extra toilet paper.

We asked to change our room from the 2nd floor to closer to the ground floor and it was done.

Nice location, got cable tv, many items in kitchen so you...
    • Studio 28m2

We stayed for 4 nights. At the last night, around 4 am fire alarm went off. People contacted responsible person by phone. She came and managed to turn it off in around one hour. Same alarm went off at 7 am, I called her around 8 am and she came to turn it off only about 10 am. When her work starts... This experience was annoying. She told us that alarm fails when it is raining. In Brussels it rains often. Also, noone came to clean the room during stay. Same towels for 4 nights.

Nice location, got cable tv, many items in kitchen so you can cook yourself almost any meal. We had a dog and staff was kind to help and let us keep it in the corridor after the check out. We had some time to deal with our business. It is a goog place for the price.

Good price, poor experience
    • Studio 28m2

The room smelt rather bad when we got in. The kitchen was greasy and the floor sticky.

Location and space of the room. Sheets were clean. Being realistic: it is difficult to expect more for the price.

It's not what you would pay for .
    • Studio 28m2

It's not what you would pay for .. add a few dollars extra and get better hotel with better services. The stairs are a big problem especially if you have luggage and a disability. .

Good location and size, but noisy and not so clean.
    • Studio 28m2

The apartment was dirty (floor and windows), the place where you pick-up the keys is not so close to the apartment itself, the apartment is very noisy (the flush toilet, the building doors, the upstairs neighbors).

The staff is very nice and helpful, the apartment is big.

A great system for collecting the keys - really easy.
    • Studio 28m2

The whole place looked a bit on the older side of things.

A great system for collecting the keys - really easy. A good location, next to interesting spots and some pubs/restaurants. The room size was also very decent for 2 people, and having a kitchen was good.

The appart is well situated around EU Institutions
    • Studio 28m2

Cleaning in the room was not done properly. An disagreable smell in the room, probably because of humidity or because the smoking in the room in the past.

The appart is well situated around EU Institutions

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

With some cleaning and fixing this place could be great
    • Studio 28m2

Somebody should clean the table, the fridge, the kitchen, the bathroom, remove the mold from the shower-curtain and similar. Somebody should also repair the broken furniture (eg two drawers were broken and disfunctional).

Very well located, good connections to public transport. Quick respond from the employees.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

need of refurbishment
    • Studio 28m2

all about the room was tacky, shabby and disgustingly stained. the carpet unsafe and dirty, curtains shabby and dirty. bath old and stained, there was no soap available. although when I rang the help line phone soap was brought to the room

the location which very close by the institutions. bed linen was clean

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

convenient, reasonably priced
    • Studio 28m2

Curtains could have done being a bit heavier - room rather light as by street lamp.

Convenient, easy to check in, bonus of having washing machine for use on premises

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Unclean flat, good location
    • Studio 28m2

The apartment has got potential to be really good but it wasn't clean at all! The toilet makes so much noise when you flush and also does not flush well at all. We also had an issue with the shower, the plug has obviously not been cleaned in forever and it starting to fill up and lots of dirt starting come up out of the plug, disgusting! The flat is also noisy. The bed was really uncomfortable too. The location of the property is excellent though. Such a shame as most of the issues could be solved!!

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Not a good experience
    • Studio 28m2

The smell was horrible in the entire place. Personal unfriendly. Towels dirty and bad smell. Internet connection very bad.

The apartment doesn't look bad

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Nice apartments in European Quarter
    • Studio 28m2

Bed could be better Kitchen utensils could be improved

Washing and dryer machine Good location (European Quarter) Nice staff (Natalie) in the reception

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Cheap, but needs a thorough makeover
    • Studio 28m2

The room was not clean. Dirt on the floors. Not just dust bunnies and hair, but also crumbs and mud from outside. The mattress on the bed was sacked and completely uncomfortable.

The price can't be beat for the location it's in. The room is big enough as is the bathroom. The shower is nice and strong and there is plenty of warm water.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Very clean floors, clean kitchen, bathroom.
    • Studio 28m2

The shelves and the wardrobe around the bed need to be dusted. It would add greatly to the overall impression of cleanliness. That said, the floors were extra clean, walking around in socks is the best test. Unfortunately, the hot water disappeared from the shower/bathtub on the second day. It stayed hot in the sink though! Must be some secret of old buildings. As someone who commented before, I would also prefer to have shutters or good curtains in the bathroom, it feels too exposed.

Very clean floors, clean kitchen, bathroom. Smooth and independent check-in/check-out process. WiFi worked well. Kitchen had utensils for cooking. Besides the stove with oven there was a kettle, microwave. There was dishwashing liquid and sponge. Location is excellent. There are restaurants and a tiny night-time supermarket nearby (in case you arrive later).

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Lost opportunity
    • Studio 28m2

Room non cleaned when client arrived (9.30 pm!). Bed not made, no towels. Heating system out of order. An electric stove was brought in only the day after. Heating should have been checked before not after complaints. Bed was made only after complaints. Room was cleaned only after complaints. For a person travelling from abroad and arriving late this is not exactly what to expect. Since I had booked the room on behalf of a colleague, I was particularly worried about the bad impression and I had to take all the shame. I trusted the good reviews but I was utterly deceived. Moreover I specifically asked for a receipt of the payment and only got it "by mail" after leaving the room and only because I specifically I asked for it. The printout of the credit card which was left is NOT a valid receipt. No other receipt was left in the envelope with the key. No complimentary tea or coffee found in the room. Toiletries very limited. This establishment lost an opportunity to make new customers. Pity, because it has a good location

The kitchen and self laundry service
    • Studio 28m2

The atmosphere in the apartment

The kitchen and self laundry service

• Studio 28m2

The location was quite good, not far away from the centre,...
    • Studio 28m2

The mattress was dirty, shower host broken...

The location was quite good, not far away from the centre, next to the park, lots of good restaurants...

Overall just what I was looking for. The place was also accommodating with special requests.

Narrow stairs, soft bed.

I just spend the night, for which this is a perfect place.
    • Studio 28m2

I just spend the night, for which this is a perfect place.

It was very nice and value for money!
    • Studio 28m2

The place is near to transport and supermarket. Having embassy nearby, the locality was supersafe

Spacious and comfortable

No hotel sign boards

Spacious and comfortable

The bad and the TV
    • Studio 20m2

The shower, the toilet, the entire kitchen and specially fridge

The bad and the TV

Good place

Position. Cleanliness

So far it was great. Not far from transportation and touric areas.
    • Studio 28m2

The toilet seat was broken and the warming was not working.

The room was very big. The kitchen was perfect.

everything!

everything!

Happy to stay there. Would definitely consider staying there again.
    • Studio 20m2

The mattress was too soft for my liking (personal choice).

Well equipped, clean flat. Very easy to get the keys. Very responsive staff.

mitigated experience
    • Studio 28m2

one wall was swelling water from thw roof

good location

The location, which is close to the EU Commission and other...
    • Studio 28m2

Internal equipment (also furniture) is worn out.

The location, which is close to the EU Commission and other institutions.

Flexible Check-In Check-Out
    • Studio 28m2

Matress was a very thin.

Flexible Check-In Check-Out

Uncomfortable

Lack of space

Position

Old and kind of dirty

Position

• Studio 28m2

The place was dirty, clean sheets but dust everywhere and hair on the pillow. No curtain on the bathroom window. No hot water in the shower.

Ok
    • Studio 28m2

The bathroom hadn't had heating

The weekend was great

Warmth. Location. Hot water

Best location and price

Best location and price

Stay was ok.

Room could be warmer

Close to EU and there are restaurants supermarket and facilities close by.

The studio was nice clean and confortable
    • Studio 28m2

The studio was big and have everything to stay many days

it was ok to stay because of the location

kitchen was quite dirty

noise and smell.

Good for short trip, close to EU institutions
    • Studio 28m2

Hairdryer not working, bathroom was not very clean, wi-fi weak

Good for short trip, close to EU institutions

They should change theyre cleaning standards.
    • Studio 28m2

The room was dirty, everything in the room was old and in bad condition.

It could have been better. Not so clean but great location!
    • Studio 28m2

Not clean enough. Other guests were noisy. Refrigeratort was also very disturbing.

I had a great stay
    • Studio 28m2

No shampoo there, bring your own!

I had a great stay