Reviews of NH Collection Brussels Grand Sablon 4 stars

Rue Bodenbroek 2-4, 1000 Brussels, Belgium

#15 of 215 hotels in Brussels

Overpriced travel lodge with facade of luxury.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Mouldy, damp floors from water leaking from bathroom due to the ridiculous shower set up. Pile of dead flies on floor below window. One of the worst check in experiences I’ve ever had from a young man on reception who made it clear he would rather be anywhere else!

Great location, comfortable beds.

would say horrible if it wasnt for the director and guest relations
    • Junior Suite with View

unfortunately our stay started off bad when we arrived and found that the junior suite did not have renovated bathrooms like the pictures on booking.com. when asked to have a room with a renovated bathroom we were told only much smaller rooms had that so we stayed in ours as the bathrooms were not bad just not what we specifically booked a 4 star hotel for rather than a 5 star hotel. we had to make do with a tiny shower that had no light so you had to showrr in the dark. then we tried to order room service, that was a disaster. after trying to call room service 4 times we had to call reception 3 times to order the limited 24hr items on the menu when we got told they are not available and that they would check what is available. they then called to say we can have the mashed potatoes, the omlette or the spanish cheese tray. we decided to go for the mashed potatoes which arrived as tuna with chopped potatoes. the wonderful guest relations waived that charge for us the next day when they found out. we then decided to sleep hungry but before that we called to remind reception that we didnt get the shower gel that we asked for only to be told that we are in room 322 not 323. when we insisted that we go into the room marked 323 the receptionist said that cant be but anyway he will see. somehow they did find the room at the end. the noise from the street is like we had left the windows open it was so noisy it was very difficult to sleep.

the junior room was nicely decorated and comfortably spacious. the guest relations manager and hotel director were absolutely wonderful even though we didnt have a good stay and left after one night they made us feel so good that I would consider staying at an NH collection hotel again. the receptionist that checked us in was wonderful as well even though he tried to convince us that the bathroom in the junior suite was renovated when it wasnt but still he was so sweet and helpful and accommodating and polite unlike the other receptionist on duty that night. the location is absolutely perfect. right in the center. when leaving from the hotel early to go to another hotel the director arranged our transportation and paid for it which was an exceptional gesture

Great location in the city centre and despite this...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I have been using booking.com for a long time, but for the first time I was confronted with the situation that my reservation was lost and they were not able to find it in the hotel system. It was very annoying in particular due to the fact that we arrived late at night. Fortunately they solved the problem in 20 minutes but they should fix their processes for the future

Great location in the city centre and despite this absolutely quiet

Very comfortable hotel :)
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with View

Standard wifi was flaky and the upgrade is expensive. A room this expensive should include reliable, premium wifi.

A great bed with a vast array of pillows; massive bathroom with fixed rainshower and moveable head. Comfortable seating for two at two floor-to-ceiling windows. Electronic housekeeping and do not disrupt buttons!

The location was amazing.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The location was amazing. Very clean and well appointed rooms. The staff was very friendly. Jonathan at the front desk was accommodating to our requests. We had a very pleasant stay.

Good location and nice sized room with a nice view.
    • Standard Single Room

The room seemed clean, but I'm not sure the sheets were changed because there was a strong perfume smell.

Good location and nice sized room with a nice view.

Comfortable hotel in great location

Nothing to dislike.

The hotel was in a great location with a number of very nice restaurants and cafes located within the immediate vicinity. It is an easy walk to the Old Town and other notable attractions - the Magritte Museum is only 5 minute walk. The room was large and tidy with all modern facilities. Staff were helpful and friendly. The restaurant in the lobby was excellent.

Breakfast was great, and also late check out on Sunday.
    • Standard Single Room

They charged on my visa a 50 euros guarantee, without telling me. I hope it will be removed.

Breakfast was great, and also late check out on Sunday. The square is really beatiful, close to Central Station, and the room was really quiet.

The location;
    • Standard Single Room

I have stayed here several times, this is the first that my room has been small, but it was adequate and clean

The location; breakfast and onsite parking

EXCELLENT LOCATION

Breakfast should be included

Excellent room, good shower, bath amenities and real hairdryer! Perfect location, walking distance to Mont des Arts and Grand Place. Next to Gare Central. There´s a lap top size safe in bedroom. Coffee maker in bedroom, and they offer you a complimentary bottle of mineral water everyday. Friendly staff at front desk.

Lovely Hotel in a Fantastic location
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with View

The only thing I can think of that we didn’t like was a staff member at breakfast was very offhand with us when we accidently sat at a table that wasn’t set up. She told us to move and was very unfriendly then walked off. We didn’t mind moving but didn’t enjoy the way she spoke to us.

Loved the location. Very close to the centre. It only took about 15 minutes to walk in. Our room was modern, great view over the church, clean and a good size. Very comfortable and lovely decor. Great facilities tho we never used the gym area. Staff were very helpful Had a fantastic 3 night stay in Brussels. Would definetly stay here again.

Personnel at the reception wasn't aware of the terms of...
    • Standard Single Room

Personnel at the reception wasn't aware of the terms of their agreement with booking.com and refused to accept the confirmation of pre-payment. It took them almost a day to figure out how this works and reassure me that I'll get back the money they charged me with at the check-in.

ok hotel in good location with very poor staff

staff

nice hotel in good location but poor staff. Check in very slow / Check out full of mistakes and very slow. Staff seems to be all trainees but no one to train them. Breakfast the same. Very unprofessional and unfriendly staff.

Reception insisted on filling in all my personal data to...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Reception insisted on filling in all my personal data to check in, despite I did it when booking hotel through booking.com and despite they I stayed at their hotel several times already!! Waste of my time!!

It's my first 10 out of 10 rating ever

The restaurant in the hotel is good, but may be even better with a modern touch to cuisine (this is rather a recommendation for the future, than a complaint though)

I must say we were really impressed with actually everything: - helpful, friendly and welcoming team - very nice room - good breakfast (well, nothing is perfect, but it was much better than in most of the hotels in the world and served with a friendly smile) - excellent location - help which we get when forgot our staff in the room (it has already been posted to us and the team was very responsive in that issue!)

Very good property with great breakfast.
    • Standard Single Room

It's only 10 minutes from Brussels Central but if you with luggage I would advice to take bus since the way from Central Station to the hotel is up the hill, for me it was quite annoying to make all this way up with the luggage.

Great hotel. Breakfast is awesome, there are a variety of different meals. It's very clean in the hotel and so in the room. In the near there are many chocolate shop and caffe. Just by the hotel there is very beautiful Notre Dame du Sablon church.

such a pleasant stay again and again!
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with View

Good tapas restaurant with poor srice, unfortunately.

fantastic location, nice refurbished roms and, as usually, first class front desk service (top: Isabel and Jonathan), very professional concierge service (Kander, Said, Mohamed, Stephane)

Great location for square meeting center and museums.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Great location for square meeting center and museums. Clean and relaxed atmosphere. Breakfast definitely worth it. No complains regarding the room and bed was comfortable. Highly recommended.

Excellent - we will certainly return in 2019

Nothing really

The staff were brilliant - always ready and willing to help and always in a friendly,cheerful and efficient manner. A credit to the Hotel. This was our third stay at the Sablon - there will definitely be a fourth.

Good Central hub to explore Brussels. Beautiful and clean hotel!
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

My pet hate! The double bed was not a single be but two singles pushed together to form a double! Not ideal

Room was great and perfect for our requirements. Location was superb and out of the main centre allowing us to easily get around to various areas of Brussels. Perfect hub

Very good hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything was good. Hotel is in good and nice place. Room was very clean and spacious enough. Good equipped. I had everything I needed. Breakfast was good and tasty. Well rangeous. Staff was very helpful and.friendly.

The technical staff is extremely helpful, Cary and friendly. The location of the hotel is excellent.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Fruit salads at breakfast were delicious on the weekend but rather ascetic ( I mean just cut apples and pineappple cubes) on week days. The fried ham was too dry and unchueable.the

The variety of juices at breakfast is really great

Simple missteps spoiled what should have been an enjoyable stay.
    • Standard Single Room

For many travelers like myself on extended journeys who map out when certain tasks are to be attended to, we greatly depend upon the information provided on the hotel’s website. What a surprise when I arrived to learn that yes, the hotel does provide a laundry service but…ONLY during the weekdays and NOT on Saturday & Sundays which just happened to be when I would be staying at this particular NH Hotel. The desk clerk offered to call me shortly (10 minutes) after he had time to research local self service laundry facilities on my behalf near the hotel’s location which would be very helpful as I neither speak nor read Dutch with English subtitles few and far between on signage in Brussels. Sadly, the call never came though my search results came back positive and I was able to locate a coin operated facility 1.4 miles (1.9 km) away from the hotel. Of course, this cost me the entire morning I had planned for sightseeing during my short stay in Brussels. All I ask is for accurate information and commitments kept when ½ way around the world from the familiarity of home.

A wonderful use of an older building providing a comfortable and convenient compromised (i.e. slightly more affordable room pricing) location to stay in the central part of Brussels. A bit of a walk (0.5 miles or 0.8 km) from the Brussels Central train station made more challenging by the combination of hills and cobbled stone sidewalks that will test how durable one’s luggage wheel design are. Nice views out the room’s windows. All the amenities most travels would need are provided, though at a price which is the norm but the first bottle of water is complimentary. Very quiet considering the locale and vehicular traffic right outside the windows. Excellent restaurant on site for the typical continental palates with a number of local café/bars a couple of doors down including one decadent pastry, bakery, and ice cream shop. The heart of old town Brussels with many its older churches and government buildings are within a mile (1.5 km) radius around the hotel. Even a local market is right out the door but not a farmer’s market as I initially thought but booths selling mainly souvenirs and cutlery.

Modern design of the room.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Reception. Would except a warm welcome (still being "business" efficient). Juan was disappointing in that perspective (both on arrival and departure). In addition did not have the impression that other receptionists did better.

Modern design of the room. Excellent breakfast (well serviced although it was peak time).

Contemporary style
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Too minimalist - no shelves in bathroom: one chair, one shelf beside each bed only, full length mirror in room was tinted so no use ; inadequate storage etc for 2 people , no place to put suitcases

Contemporary style Helpful staff Good selection of restaurants and cafes in area Coffee maker in room Very clean room

Great selection of fresh fruit, juices, sweet and savoury...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Coffee machine was (a) filthy !!! And A proper, personal cafetiere or teapot per client would have been more in keeping with the quality of the rest of the breakfast service

Great selection of fresh fruit, juices, sweet and savoury dishes.

Fantastic!
    • Standard Single Room

The room smelled like wet dog; and, as the hotel was completely booked and I arrived on the red eye, I was unable to change rooms. But, I left the window open all night and that helped a great deal. Otherwise, the room was perfect.

The staff, the cleanliness (other than the wet dog smell), and the most-comfortable bed! The bathroom was perfect and I slept well into the morning after a late arrival and some work. The staff were amazing and responsive, even with the personal request for a store that sold tampons! (The ladies behind the desk were very helpful!) I definitely recommend staying here and may do so again soon!

Fantastic location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Fantastic location. Well decorated rooms, large bathroom and extremely comfortable bed. Breakfast offered vegan option with was a bonus. Will be back.

Location was great, some of the staff were amazing mainly...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The services such as shuttle bus to the airport was not available. Also the hotel doesn’t collaborate with tour offices, the guest has do it on his/her own

Location was great, some of the staff were amazing mainly Jonathan and Isabel! Both were highly helpful.

Brussels is an expected chocolate box of joy -I would recommend this classy hotel for your stay!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The original room we were allocated was quite tatty and not worth the money I had spent on the stay at all. The sheets on the bed were ripped, the room was quite bedraggled looking in places and there was a loud noise coming from the ceiling - we couldn't work out where it was coming from and it was very annoying. It kept us awake for the whole first night. This was soon rectified when I let staff know about it the following morning and we were upgraded right away. I feel like this room should not have been allocated in the first place however.

The overall ambience of the hotel was very pleasant and welcoming. Once we were allocated a different room (following an initial mishap) we were very satisfied- Very big, comfortable bed and the bathroom was stocked with a great supply of toiletries. I especially enjoyed the toweling robe and slippers provided in the room (although it would have been good to have one of these each as my partner and I had to share). The bar downstairs was very elegant and the staff extremely attentive, with drinks being fairly priced. The reception staff were very helpful, when I complained about our first room, upgrading us with minimum fuss making up for any initial stress. The area surrounding the hotel is very lovely, with lots of cool shops and eateries/ bars. It is a short walk from the centre.

Wonderful hotel, excellent city.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There was nothing not to like.

Fantastic hotel well located in Brussels. Very quiet and exceptionally maintained. The staff was helpful and friendly. The room, 353, looked out onto a green courtyard and was very comfortable.

The hotel was lovely, modern and in a great location!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful with directions and how to get around Brussels. The breakfast buffet was delicious, plenty of options! The location was perfect, I’d definitely stay there again :)

The hotel was stylish, the staff were friendly, the bed was...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Our only complaint is that hardly any of the rooms seemed to be available at the advertised check in time, and there were no apologies offered for this. They did offer to keep our bags but we had to leave and return an hour later. Everything after this initial disappointment was wonderful though.

The hotel was stylish, the staff were friendly, the bed was super comfortable, the shower was amazing and the location was great.

We reserved a double-bed room, they gave us a room with 2...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We reserved a double-bed room, they gave us a room with 2 single beds. No active resolution of the issue. They hotel charged us the stay again (for the second time) even if we showed that we already had prepaid via booking. Central AC is very noisy at night.

Great Location!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I would have loved a pair of slippers (i forgot mine!) considering it’s a 4* hotel, but of course that was not such a trouble!

* Location is great (very central without being crowded), Sablon is an elegant neighborhood * king size bed (very comfy) and excellent pillows * supportive and helpful staff * room was spacious (room #637) / no noise from the outside * Nespresso coffee machine available in our room

They tried to compensate for their inefficiency by listening...
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

They tried to compensate for their inefficiency by listening closely to my complaints about it; however, I don’t know whether this will make ANY difference. The head waiter at breakfast was competent and very helpful, but he was an exception. I did NOT like the fact that they only put free water out for the first night of my stay.

Staff were extremely helpful, view over Grand Sablon was...
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with View

Staff were extremely helpful, view over Grand Sablon was excellent and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom and bedroom were both very spacious and well appointed. We would recommend this hotel.

Disappointed
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff especially check-in were busy, off-hand, standoffish and far to busy with their roles to be polite or interested. Shocking. It’s not my fault they are busy

Lovation

Very good hotel
    • Standard Single Room

some noise from the fridge or the heating, no big thing

Good location - quiet room on the back side - enormous TV (even though I didn't watch TV, it is important for many people) - tee and coffee in the room - spacious and comfortable bathroom - the lobby smelt very nice - many restaurants, coffee shops and places to go around the hotel - museums ans places to visit - pleasant neighborhood

see you guys next month...

Bar closes early...

Super clean room, good Free internet, great location walking distance to major attraction around town and around the corner to some of the best restaurants in Brussels.

Excellent location for an art enthusiast
    • Standard Single Room

The heated towel rail in my bathroom didn’t appear to be working.

I was given an upgrade which meant that I had, as I wanted, a bathtub, not just a shower. The hotel is very convenient for the main art galleries.

Terrible Customer Service
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff on reception and in the bar area are rude and abrupt. Both when we checked in and checked out, we were not addressed beyond being asked for the booking name. No welcome to the hotel, nobody asked if we had a nice stay or even said Hello or Good Morning when we approached the desk. Despite the hotel being almost empty we were given a room at the rear of the hotel on the first floor facing a brick wall.

The location is good.

My stay here was wonderful.
    • Standard Single Room

The staff was over the top helpful and kind! Breakfast was delicious, the rooms were very clean and elegant. I would definitely recommend staying here.

A great experience
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Fantastic stay in a romantic place. The location is really fantastic, very nice places around to go for coffee and food. _Very_ close to museums and all of the inner city within walking distance. Very nice hotel with excellent service and facilities. We will surely come back again!

I will try again the NH experience
    • Standard Single Room

I was surprised by the functioning of the room heating, I expected a higher average temperature.

I got accomodation in other NH venues, I like their concept.

Not so good experience, but good location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Unresponsive staff, mold on floors causing unpleasant smell- the shower had no door or curtain, so water poured out onto floor, which is likely what caused the mold and smell.

Location to Museums and downtown area was good. Liked the Nespresso machine in room.

Perfect location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Someone from the reception called me at 1:26am because had mistaken rooms.

The bad was large and very comfy. Amazing location in beautiful part of Brussels.

Excellent location for this beautifully decorated hotel!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Excellent location for this beautifully decorated hotel! Very clean spacious rooms with excellent beds -large and very comfortable-. The hotel is located on a place with many restaurants and pubs and just 10 minutes' walk from Grand Place ! The breakfast was excellent with lots of fresh and healthy options – really enjoyed it - and the personnel very friendly and helpful!!

Wish every hotel was so professional.
    • Standard Single Room

This is a very nice hotel in a perfect location in the heart of Brussels, but this is nothing surprising for an NH hotel: my experience here has been excellent because they made me feel taken care of and assisted in what I really wanted. I was traveling for business and they made my trip smooth and ideal. I often waste time and energy even in 4 stars hotel, so I particularly appreciated the professionality of this one. To begin with, I asked for a quiet room, which is very important for me, and they gave me a lovely room at the end of the corridor, cosy and absolutely perfect. I appreciated that they satisfied my request, as most hotels don't bother (even if they have availability). The bed was comfortable, the lights very nice and warm, internet excellent, coffee/tea alright, a desk to work, two windows, the bathroom was reasonably spacious, equipped and with a walk-in shower. I wish every business trip was backed up by this great environment. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Extremely cold room and unprofessional management
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I'm posting this review on behalf of my client who stayed in this hotel at 12th of January: I consider NH Collection Brussels Grand Sablon a scam. For some obscure reason this shabby hotel was awarded 4 stars. I believe this establishment run under unprofessional management and deserves a 3 star rating at the most. Upon checking to the hotel late night I had to wait for 2 hours for the room to warm up, until I finally realized at 1AM in the morning the heater was not working properly. Once again it was 1 AM and I had to get up early morning. The manager checked my room and confirmed that the heater (that was very noisy btw) was broken indeed and indulgently described this room as being “very fresh”. At 1:30 AM the staff came up with the solution to offer me 2 other rooms, but told me in advance that those rooms were cold too. And it was cold indeed. It happens during low season when the bookings are scarce and the room temperature is not maintained properly. Last but not the least the hotel was remodeled with the cheapest materials available. For example, some cheap plastic tape is glued to the doors. Some doors are missing even that cover, I guess they could not afford to buy enough plastic tape to finish remodeling all doors. The ceiling in my room was falling apart and comfortless lighting is giving unpleasant cold feeling. At first the management seemed to solve this problem amiably, they suggested reimbursing the cost of our stay in full as a compensation to the troubles that have been caused. They showed the receipt without any charges and zero amount on it. I immediately moved to another neighboring hotel which I liked a lot. Later on I had to spend 3 days negotiating the reimbursement with the hotel. They kept asking us to call back multiple times and finally when my assistant called on my behalf they refused to return any money because of the “unfair” review posted on the TripAdvisor.

Lovely hotel in beautiful location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast cost 24 euros each. I don't think many people could eat that much for breakfast! When we left we asked to use two credit cards, half and half. It took the receptionist about half an hour to work this out. We discovered that instead of just totting up the invoice and charging half to each card she had carefully manipulated the breakfasts, VAT, Rooms etc so that each of us had an almost identical total and an invoice each!!!! The staff were young and being trained, but could have done with more support.

Location could not have been better. Very central and in a beautiful part of the city near tram stops. Also close to the museums and art galleries. Pleasant accommodating staff who changed our room for us as it was small and had only one chair and no drawers. There was still no trouser press, fan or iron, all of which were advertised. Breakfast had an excellent choice as good as any Turkish or Danish hotel. It was well laid out and the staff were very helpful and noticed when someone needed help.

Very comfortable place to stay in a beautiful part of Brussels
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

If I had one tiny quibble it would be that the breakfast could have gone a bit longer on Boxing Day morning, but that is because I like a lie-in!

The hotel stands in a lovely spot on a charming old square in Brussels. The staff are very kind and welcoming. It is quiet. The wifi is good. There is valet parking on site and a public car park opposite. They take pets!

The staff were incredibly helpful, jonathan in particular.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff were incredibly helpful, jonathan in particular. He went out of his way to make us feel comfortable, and even contacted restaurants in advance to ensure that they were open on the evening that we arrived- it was late and nearby restaurants close at 10.30! The room was clean and modern and the hotel is in a great location. Thank you, we definitely would stay there again!

When we checked in, there were only rooms with twin beds...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Limited parking space at the location, which couldn't be reserved up front. When we arrived, the garage was full.

When we checked in, there were only rooms with twin beds available. Jonathan suggested we'd check in, but leave our luggage at reception and he'd do his best in the meantime. When we arrived back at the hotel in the evening, he wasn't only able to assign a room with a double bed for us, but he upgraded us to a room (with a view) as well! Great service :)

Another good NH Collection property at Place du Grand Sablon
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing that I can think of at the moment.

Reservation was made through booking.com several months prior to our stay. We found room rates to be very reasonable for this calibre hotel. Email confirmations were received soon after reservations made and we were well received upon arrival. Check-in was relatively quick and we were in our rooms nor more than 7-8 minutes after having arrived at the hotel. Lobby area of the NH Collection was fine. It was well-decorated for the upcoming Xmas holiday. Worth note, in addition to the hotel dining, there is another very good dining option in the Hispania Brasserie which is attached to the hotel. We enjoyed a good dinner here. Location for the hotel is very good if you want to be close to the Royal Arts Museums, Grand Palace and the good dining scene at Place du Grand Sablon. There are some very good chocolate shops on this square as well, including Patrick Roger and the Peirre Marcolini flagship chocolate shop. As for our room, we were very happy with the size, comfortability and modern decor and furniture arrangement. Everything was as we expect of good 4 star properties. Bed was very comfortable, affording very good nights sleep. There was plenty of drawers, closet and general luggage space. Room included deck, chair and lounge chair, flat screen TV, coffee & tea facility, stocked fridge, large safe, good heating as well as fast and stable wifi service. Bathroom was quite large and the shower worked well. Room cleaning was fine during our stay.

Large room with excellent heating.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Large room with excellent heating. A large tv provided a selection of english and french TV, as well as having access to a HDMI port if you'd like to plugin your laptop. Excellent wifi allows sync'ing of photos and videos from your trip.

Excellent location for weekend in Brussels between down down...
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with View

Reception a bit characterless , though modernised rooms , get the impression it was done on a budget (i.e.) no pictures on wall , metal side table... etc although bathroom was of quality . So in summary recent upgrade to hotel lacks character but everything works

Excellent location for weekend in Brussels between down down grand place and uptown Louise area . The sablon is an ideal base with nice bars , restaurants and chocolate shops

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Lovely hotel in a great location to various landmarks and places of interest; no chance to see any!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We arrived later circa 23.00 hrs due to snow / Brussels airport closure 11.12. It was effectively an emergency bed for 6 hrs!!! The welcome and service was very good / professional. My only gripe was room service which was cold cuts - cheese, ham, bread plus a tortilla. 75€ for 2 people in my view was a very high price!!

Great location and excellent rooms.
    • Junior Suite with View

A wonderful stay and very close to great food, drinks and tourist features. The hotel was superb and I am looking forward to staying there again. The room was spacious and the facilities were very comfortable indeed.

Excellent hotel in the great location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I missed sauna. Though minor thing, on the cold rainy day i thought about it, but the hotel don't have it.

Location is very nice, walking distance to many of the main sights and attractions. Breakfast excellent and staff friendly and professional.

Nightmare!

The services by all the desk staff was appalling. Check-in was awful, the guy that served us was rude, no welcome and just not talkative in explaining anything- only giving one word answers. When we asked further questions he got annoyed with the fact he had to talk to us-so rude! Check out , equally as bad. We just wanted the bill split on 5 cards (5 of us travelling) and they found that difficult and the woman serving us got frustrated and annoyed. Would never stay in the hotel if we travel here again. One of our rooms smelled of cigarettes. They then opened the window instead of moving the room. We didn’t realise they did this until when we returned at the end of the day and the room was freezing, when we complained to reception even the guy on the night serviced said ‘it’s minus 3 outside!!’ He changed that room but it really was a disaster stay from the get go.

The manager in the restaurant for breakfast was fantastic and beyond good. Even reserved us a nice booth every morning. He was the only one that made up for the dire service everywhere else! We even gave him a big tip because he went out of the way for good service, some of the reception staff could learn a thing or two from him!

Nice hotel in a great location.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

Bedroom was a double but had two single beds pushed together. For the price of the room I would have expected a double bed.

Nice hotel in a great location. Comfortable room and very welcoming staff

Special and enriching short stay within a comfortable and calm environment.
    • Family Room with View

The commissionaire Kader was very positive and professional. Took great care with our family. Other employees who stood out were Fany and Benoit at the breakfast table.Georgio was friendly and helpful. Jonathan also provided first class service.

Location is amazing.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

However, there were a number of problems. Our room was too small and certainly not the size i would expect from a "superior double". It was also located next to a service room with a kind of ventilation engine that was turned on all the time, so when it was time to sleep, the noise was like being still inside the airplane. By 16:00 our room had not been serviced. Also some additional minor issues - the curtain was not enough to block out the street light, and the bathroom did not have a toilet brush.

Location is amazing. Staff very friendly. Above average breakfast

Very nice & relaxing stay in an ideal location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We booked a double room but got 2 twin beds pushed together.

Excellent location. Good sized rooms. Staff is very friendly Good tea & coffee facilities in the room.

Excellent weekend away in Brussels
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

No parking so we parked in the street - the parking was already closed / full and there were also problems with the lift system.

Location of the hotel, comfortable rooms, great staff

Nice bright hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

No nespresso cspsules on our second day. Shower didn't drain properly

Very central, clean hotel. Rooms are nice and bright. Very good value for money. Nice pleasant staff

Everything was just fine.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything was just fine. Except for one thing. We asked for a room with a view and we were told that, despite the availability, we had to pay extra for that, as if those who book via Booking are entitled only to rooms without view. I didn't like that at all.

We had problems with hot water and a noisy room of the flow...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We had problems with hot water and a noisy room of the flow of Airconditioning then the heating didn’t work ... we changed rooms 3 times but the staff was very helpful. It was Murphy’s law. At the end we had a very good stay.

Staff was helpful and friendly.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Expensive without a lot of wow factor. Conference made breakfast challenging as people started stealing your table as you tried to get food from the buffet....first world problems though. Restaurants in the area is VERY expensive. If you walk a little further it is a lot cheaper.

Staff was helpful and friendly. Breakfast had some nice freshly squeezed juices and juice shots. Relatively close to train & most tourist spots.

Love the location. Upscale area in between Grand Place and antiquemarket at Maroles.
    • Standard Single Room

Breakfast staff and housekeeping and front door staff superb. One desk worker was rude and condescending which tainted my overall positive view. The man who checked me in was ok though

Great breakfasts! Beautiful room.

The beds were sooooo comfortable!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

1. We were a bit annoyed with screaming women, when they were having sex. No noise insulation at all! 2. There was a shower head missing in our room when we checked-in. Fortunately, hotel staff changed our room quickly.

The beds were sooooo comfortable! We were happy to stay in bed throughout the stay!

Perfect stay in a perfect hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Very friendly staff, I asked for a late checkout and this wasn’t a problem. Thanks for this great stay there I will book it again if I go to Brussels again.

The whole stay was super.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The problem with payments. Double preauthorisation of the card for an amount higher than the stay. Third charge of the right amount for stay. One week after the first two preauthorisation, I still have blocked money When registering I report that I want to pay immediately. It is very unlikely of the hotel.

The whole stay was super.

Nice hotel in the best area of Brussels
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There was no coffee in the bedroom which was strange because it is advertised. A bit expense but all hotels in Brussels are at this time.

The breakfast is one of the best I've tried in Brussels. The hotel is very beautiful and is located in a beautiful square - my favorite area in Brussels. The staff was flawless including guiding me on where to park outside. Bathroom is very nice.

Browse NH Collection Brussels Grand Sablon traveller photo gallery