Reviews of Holiday Inn Hotel Brussels-Schuman 3 stars

Rue Breydel, 20, 1040 Brussels, Belgium

#79 of 215 hotels in Brussels

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was notified as finishing at 1000hrs but when I arrived at 0920hrs the breakfast staff member gave me the impression I was late. Another guest arrived at 0930hrs and I observed she was treated similarly. A lot of my preferred breakfast choices were gone and there were a lot of breakfast tables left uncleared (some had still not been cleared when I left breakfast at 0950hrs). A lot of clattering was coming from the kitchen area as the door was left open which was distracting. Also, during the early hours of the morning (Wed) quite load noise could be heard on the street (possibly rolling bins) which woke me.

Spacious room with no carpet and very convenient location for my meeting.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast could be better, there is like a "police check" before you can take your breakfast!

Good, quiet and comfortable room, even if in the bathroom some tiles are broken.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Could've done without the drill/hammer noises at 9:00 a.m in front of my room, thankfully my alarm was set at 7:30 but even at a discount price, it's still brutal to be awaken like this... If you have noisy maintenance operations or if your location needs work... you should proceed between 12:00 and 3:00 pm...

Friendly front desk staff, spacious and clean room. Good wifi signal.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room was very warm during the night, and I tried to adjust the thermostat but to no avail. I told the concierge the next day and he said that next time, I should notify the front desk if I am having trouble with the thermostat as he said they can be difficult to use. It would be great to inform guests about this when they check in.

The room was perfectly adequate for what I expected. Very friendly staff.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The young lady who greeted us for the check in and, unfortunately, for the check out later on, showed to be quite unprofessional: just gave us the room key without explain where to find it, not a word on the Hotel services or simply ask if we needed some informations on how to get to the centre. Considering what we paid for just one night, the staff should really have showed some more kindness and consideration for the guests. Besides, we dropped off our luggages at the reception before leaving Bruxelles for a couple of hours and when we come back to pick them up we had been asked to show a ticket to confirm that those were ours. The lady we had to deal with once again didn't bother to give us nothing to prove that those were our luggages. Overall this experience was annoying and disappointing.

Nice breakfast served but too much expensive!! Room nice but cold and bathroom not so clean. Big bathroom but Toilet seat left sticky, as it was clean in a hurry.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The evening receptionist on duty did not know where was the automatic circuit breaker to switch the light on after the occasional short circuit. I had to wait till the morning without light. The guilt was mine but nevertheless they should know where such devices are mounted.

Friendly personnel, breakfast was wonderful,the room was very quiet.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Only one bottle of complimentary water per person per stay! Usual from my experience in Asia or Europe, is one per person per day. It’s not an expensive item, just for the convenience. (Room kettle didn’t pour out perfect drinkable water, there’s some floating greasy thing)

Small pillows. Plenty of space for luggages. Breakfast. More than sufficient power sockets.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It was the best hotel I ever stayed in when visiting Brussels which is on monthly basis. As soon as I can - provided that the prices will not be extremely high, i will definitely book again.

- Absolutely nothing.

+ Hearing no 'no' from the staff. We traveled with small kids and asked many things and heard back always 'yes'. This is so valuable for me. + There is a free tour to the European Institutions (parliament, council and committee) on Sundays. It is a really great one and very useful. The tour comes with a rich coffee break, also free of charge, which absolutely adds to the value of the event. + Brussels is an expensive city for pure tourism purposes, but unlike many other European capitals, it is fairly cheap on weekends. Travel there and stay in Holiday Inn on weekend if you can. Travelling on weekends also means a free parking on the safe street of the hotel. It is not common that I rate 10/10, but this property will get it. Well deserved.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Dinner was good but there is margin for improvement. The menu varies from Mexican specialties to oriental. In my opinion it would be better to specialize in one particular area rather than try to be jack of all trades.

The hotel is very close to the EU Institutions. These can be reached within 3 minutes on foot. Staff were very friendly and rooms were very clean.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

At the time of my visit (21/3/18) the cost of the room was 304.25 (inc tax). Though all Brussels hotels were costly that week (European Summit on 22/3) this was quite pricey. At 19e I thought the the breakfast was also a little expensive.

Convenient location close to Schuman metro and Berlaymont

• Business King Room - Non Smoking

The floor of the room creaked. The price of a business room / 1 night is unrealistically high (3 x average), just because the hotel is close to the EU Commission building (and far from attractions).

Iron with stand. Special trouser press. Gift apple on arrival. Very close to my business location visited.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

My booking did not include the breakfast therefore on both days that I stayed at the hotel I had requested for my name to be added for this, the previous night itself. The 1st day the kitchen staff asked me to sign against my name on the list they had which was fair. On the 2nd day however a different lady asked for my room no, then upon checking her list asked me to confirm how many were staying in my room. I felt like I was being interrogated at a criminal court!!! I was a lone traveller and I could already see from her list that there was only 1 name on her list, which was mine. Why the cross examination? I felt it was rather unnecessary and rude.

There was a good variety of food provided at the buffet breakfast and it was lovely. I could not fault the room and the decor and the facilities provided. The hotel itself was a short walk from the Schuman metro station which was convenient for me to go back & forth into the city.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bathroom - the bathtub seemed a bit outdated and it had a shower curtain, which always feels kind of dirty and it doesn't keep the air warm, so you easily get cold during the shower. It was very cold in the room and the AC remote was a very old one, so it was hard to make it to function. I still managed to do it though.

A nice and cosy hotel, nothing big to complain about. The location is great if you have any business in the EU district, everything is in walking distance. The room was quite big and nicely decorated, except for the bathroom, which was a bit outdated. The breakfast was good, but could offer a larger selection of food. I liked the waffles.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Loud air conditioning installation Half of the menu in the restaurant wasn't served any more after 21:00, poor communication from the staff about this.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It was not possible to open the window. Room has airconditioning though. Bed is quite narrow for two people (about 140 cm, standard room for two).

Breakfast was good, a lot of choice. Bed was comfortable, although quite narrow for two people (about 140 cm, standard room for two). Hotel is conveniently located in the European quarter, close to metro. Hotel has (paid) private parking garage. Soap/shampoo of brand Rituals. Nice lighting that does not shine in your eyes.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Sunday morning reception desk could use 2 receptionists instead of 1 to prevent people waiting in queues for checkout

Great location close to the Schuman subway and airport bus Solid breakfast selection Very clean rooms

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No complimentary water, only coffee, one has to ask for tea bags at reception.

Good location to EU institutions. Nice Rituals toiletieries. Friendly staff, good service.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

It's a pricey hotel while breakfast and parking are to be charged separately. And those are pricey too. 19EUR/person breakfast is extremely expensive. The only advantage is you can park for free, on the street, but only during weekend.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Lovely room and great location! The bed was comfy, the room was lovely, very clean, very spacious, we also had a lovely seating area in our room with a nice table which was nice. TV was great, wifi was great, the bathroom was very nice, the bath and shower water was a good temperature! The bath was very spacious. The staff were lovely, the hotel was located in a great area, the breakfast was nice.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Be aware that the underground parking only has space for <10 cars and is incredible small and difficult to manoeuvre with a bigger car. The hotel only has one elevator for 6 floors.

Friendly staff, spacious room.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Good location, close to Euro Parliament buildings, 30 minutes walk to Manneken pis, 2 minutes walk to Schuman metro station. Clean and comfortable room. Hotel's own parking was full during our stay, but that was not a problem: public on-street parking is available and free from Friday 6pm till Monday 9am.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is quite nice for a 3*. The products were all from "Rituals", which I really enjoyed. The hotel is ideally located next to all the major EU institutions, so they are reachable on foot. Also close to Place Jourdan, where there are many restaurants, cafes etc. Good value for money.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Great location. Perfectly situated between the city and International School of Brussels. Just around the corner from the train station, bakeries and restaurants. Hotel staff were professional, friendly and helpful.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

In the hotel restaurant, only microwave food is served. I asked for an extra portion of rice, but this was not possible, as all meals including rice are pre-packed.

Very friendly staff, great location for business travel, and great bathroom products from Rituals.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

IMHO, poor quality-price relationship (@100 EUR). Shower plate was dirty. Poor location for tourism, particularly on weekends, when all restaurants, etc. close

Nice staff. Excellent location for EU-related business.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

We decided to eat in the restaurant on the evening before our stay. The restaurant was empty and the waiter seemed to be doing everything from taking orders and cooking the food. There was also limited menu choices and the one I chose which was the only traditional dish on the menu was unavailable. I think the food we had (roast chicken) had already been prepared and then microwaved which wasn't great.

Everything !! From checking in, bedroom cleanliness and comfort, choice and quality of food for breakfast was all good.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The ONLY fault (for me) was that I was a little cold during the night and there was no spare blanket in the cupboard. The air conditioning was a bit too noisy to use for heating. I could have phoned reception I guess but it was in the small hours and I didn't want to disturb them.

While not looking that great from the outside, once inside the rooms were clean and modern. Tea and coffee facilities were provided in the room together with the other usual stuff such as ironing board, iron and small fridge. Lighting was subtle and comfortable. Check in was smooth and problem free.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It is bit far from city centre if you go on foot, but it is only 5 minutes if you go by metro, the station is 1 minute walk. Also, there was a little bit cold on January in the room

Very clean, amazing breakfast, excellent staff

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Fridge not working well, no a proper cover for bed, the bell for the door wasnt working so we had to wait at the rain till someone see us outside

Good bed, and clean

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Nice cozy room. A minibar is in the room, a kettle and tea facilities. Even there was decaffeinated coffee. Excellent delicious breakfast with fresh juice, Belgian waffles and lightly salted salmon.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was cold, window open at 3 degrees outside Lights near bed did not work, I had documents to read Linen was not clean or not fresh

Location - next to main EU institutions

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was off a side road so it was nice and peaceful. The staff were brilliant with local knowledge and all round information. I would definitely recommend it to everyone and I would also stay there again.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Rusty and sticky marks on the bathtub. Only one elevator that the cleaners need to use as well - therefore, one often needs to wait long to use it. The price is way too high for the quality if this hotel.

Nice breakfast, friendly staff, convenient location.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Free Premium wifi did not work. It was late at night and I needed to send e-mails. I used my 4G data instead. I probably should have called the staff but it was late, I was tired and it was easier just to use my data. Staff were helpful next day and said I should call any time if there is a problem with the wifi.

Friendly staff, fast check in/out. Great Location for European district access, room comfortable and quiet.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast staff were very rude, we were still eating and they were kicking us out

The guys at the reception were very polite; Very good location and the toiletries were really outstanding.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Why couldnt we open the window? Can´t understand these hotels they love the claustrofobic feeling. It smells strange but we couldn´t do anything. Apparently we had wifi, I said apparently becuase the key did not work.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Perfect location for business travels to Schuman area and the breakfast was very enjoyable ! T’Also, the front desk is open 24/24 which isn’t the case for all hotels in the area.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The guests. Some of them make a lot of noise at night. Maybe I didn't have luck. I heard a lot of noises between 2 am - 4 am, perhaps it was related to the Belgium nice beer. Nevertheless, I think the hotel must take this into account, must have some kind of surveillance to avoid this kind of guests' behaviours.

The breakfast was awesome, indeed, it was one of the best breakfasts that I had ever in hotels (and I'm taking into account 5* hotels). The room was small but with everything you need. It was very well organized. The hygiene products were good. Overall, I was very happy with this hotel.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Towels were pretty awful. Overall cleanliness was good but I wasn`t that sure about the bathtub and bathroom counter.

Staff was nice and room was neat.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was not very clean. The trash bin was full after the previous guest and there was hair in the bath tub. I overall was not too impressed with the hotel building/facilities

The checkin and checkout was fast and convenient. Central location

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There could have been 2 small bottles of water in the room for 2 people.

There was a good choice of breakfast ingredients and a relaxed atmosphere in the breakfast room on Sunday morning. The staff in the reception were very friendly and helpful.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was a little pricey and I didn't realize it until checkout.

Quiet, comfortable, good amenities. The immediate area shuts down completely on the weekends, but there are transportation links and restaurants in reasonable walking distance from the hotel.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The pillows are not a standard size, quite small. They look more like pillows for the sofa. They weren't comfortable for sleeping.

overall good experience

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Food at breakfast and room service was terrible. Room service in particular was very fast but food was cold, poorly prepared and some I just didn't eat. The staff at breakfast were not friendly at all.

Location and room cleanliness were positive aspects. Staff all very friendly.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Location is a bit out of the way, although by metro/subway it's only a few stops from the city centre. However I was at hotel on weekend and street on which hotel is located is bit deserted during the day. At night, totally deserted to walk to food places. We walked and did so safely, yet I was uncomfortable.

From reception, check-in was efficient. Cleaniless of hotel especially room and shower. Staff was very helpful. Great variety and quantity at breakfast was very welcoming.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We were awoken twice ay night by loud shouting and banging of doors .Breakfast .. the hot food choices were not even warm .. the room was set at 28deg C when we booked in.. took a long time to cool down..

Parking direct outside...

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No major complains on the hotel. Of course, everything could be better (even the entertainment channels, for instance), but no specially rough edge on the service.

The location may be excellent if you aim to roam around the Schuman area. This is nice business hotel, near metro-Schuman. Breakfast was "traditional business", good quality but on the 3.5-4 star rating. Room was good quality, nothing to complain. Service was efficient.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel near the EU buildings, 300 meters from the Metro station Schuman, 5 minutes to Grand Place. Very nice stay, the hotel has a small garage, the room was clean and comfortable. Super full english breakfast, very efficient and nice staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I asked hotel staff for glas bowl to clean bottles for baby it wasn't available. It shouldn't be to difficult to organize one. Also printouts only possible via email. Hotel should provide public PC's for guest,

I liked the location of the hotel, it was close to embassy of Liberia were we had to go and not to far from the city center either, with good connection to subway.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I was charged on my credit card purely to guarantee for any extras such as mini bar contents. However I did not use any extras so why have I been charged? ! Taking a card number is one thing but to actually take money off my card is despicable and not what I expect. I would be grateful to be reimbursed.

Clean and comfortable

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room far too hot. Window chained at top so couldn't open.

Crisp linen, staff very helpful with good command of English. Breakfasts were excellent. Hotel close to metro station with good access to city centre

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff was very friendly.

The central location, easy transport possibilities to the airport and to the work location, as well as close location to the Park du Cinquantenaire.

What's not to like.

Excellent selection for breakfast, great to have a selection of fish.For us the location is perfect,our son lives in the city and he is just a short walk away.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff were excellent and really helped me arrange my transport around to the various European parliament buildings and back to the airport in time. This was all above and beyond assistance that made my trip hassle free.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The shower cubicle could have been larger. However, the shower worked very efficiently.

Staff were very welcoming, friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good, with a wide choice of food including traditional "English Breakfast" and a range of cold meats, cheese and cereals. No pressure put on guests to rush their food. \a very relaxing start to the day,

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast needs re-thinking. It's quite poor at the moment for this kind of price range.

My room was large and comfortable. Staff have generally been very nice and helpful. The location is fantastic.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

If it is rush hour in the hotel in the morning, you may need to wait a bit for the elevator. Instead you still have the opportunity to do some physical exercise and use the stairs.

Breakfast was very good with pancakes, fresh fruit, croissants,.... You have the choice between an expresso, a capucino or a café lungo. The floor of the room was laminate, ensuring that I did not have too much trouble with dust allergy during the night.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We have stayed at this hotel on at least 6 occasions and would not stay anywhere else in Brussels

The breakfast was brilliant,location is good and the staff are excellent,they are always willing to help if you have a problem or any information you require.We had a slight problem with our room and were allocated a new room in 5 minutes.Excellent.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The service could have been a lot better. We were originally told there were no irons, when we called later we were told an iron will be with you in the next 20 mins. Nothing showed up until we complained in the morning. Even on this call we were told again there was no iron. When we explained the full story an iron appeared.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing everything was perfect!

Location is perfect as the metro station and train station are just round the corner, Schuman Station. EU Parliament and Embassys are very near and to go to the centre just catch the Metro and within 4 stops you are in the Centre. Metro is always on time! Hotel staff are perfect. If you opt not to take Breakfast, don't worry you have the coffee machine which is amazing!!! The Hotel is very quite and you can rest easily. Very very clean :) :) 100% when I visit again I will go there again and recommend to friends.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was soo cleaning!!with a nice smell inside !!they put some attention like (vin,peanuts)on the table for the tourists!!!the breakfast was very good and with alots of different types of food !!!!and we had luck and parking the car outside for free!!!!I recommend for everybody this hotel!!best hotel with best stuff!!!!thanks for everything!!!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff is terrible. I've never seen a hotel's employee in any place in the world suggest that I should go to a "better restaurant" outside the hotel. This , after having dinner in the hotel for 2 nights. I felt like a stupid.

Breakfast is good

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is a bit expensive unless you are a big eater.

Nice comfortable rooms. Good value restaurant. Very good location if you are meeting with European Parliament and Commission.

Everything was good.

Friendly and efficient staff; my TV didn't work and they showed up within 2 minutes and fixed it; the receptionist spent half an hour helping me print my boarding pass. The location is perfect if you have meetings in European institutions and you can walk from the airport bus to the hotel within 3 minutes.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I didn't like the location of my room right next door to the lift. It would be good on the booking that this is pointed out as I can imagine when it is busy that would become a problem.

The gentleman on the front desk when I arrived late was great, nothing was too much trouble.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Standard King Room with Sofa Bed

Maybe should have shaving products in bathroom without having to ask.

Given an upgraded room which was an added bonus . Great bed . Excellent bathroom . Very spacious

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Great location near Schuman subway stop, quiet street, really nice and big room with bath + free toiletries, lovely breakfast, free parking during the weekend

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed mattress was a bit strange The room was quite expensive (~170 Euros)

Very close to Schuman area The room was big and modern The breakfast was quite good- I like the fresh orange juice! Free wifi Big bathroom

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was king size, but not the duvet, which made it difficult to have the body completely covered during the whole night. We experienced a really bad situation regarding the breakfast: The last day we had to check out at 4 am, but we had the breakfast paid. Two nights before we asked if we could have a bag with a small breakfast to take away (since we paid it), and they said no problem. We said it again the day before just in case, and the guy said we didn't have to worry, for sure it was possible. So when we checked out at 4 am, the guy in the reception said that we could not have anything since the breakfast was not prepared. He didn't mind about what their colleagues told us before. We still had to pay that breakfast... no other solution! I guess this was an exceptional situation but that proves that the hotel has flaws within communication among employees, which affect the customers. In addition, the manners of the last guy were not good, making it look like we were asking the impossible, when we were told twice it was possible.

The bathroom is big, with shower and bathtub. The breakfast was quite good, with a lot of options.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I got the impression there was access to a spa and there wasn't. The dining facilities were very cramped. The tables had to be cleaned by me as there was only one person available and she was not the most energetic.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The location was not perfect for what we were there for as in nightlife, bars, clubs, but great for the business side of town if that's what you are looking for.

The breakfast was fantastic and the beds were like sleeping on a cloud!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Friendly staff and quite attentive. Breakfast was ample and varied. Bed was super comfortable and room facilities in general were superb. WiFi was actually quite adequate for general browsing and even YouTube streaming. However, the TV could've had better channel offerings in their free package as well as being a little more intuitive to navigate. For those that care about watching the news while getting ready to go out, the volume (at max) was a tad too low and you couldn't hear anything unless in absolute silence.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Maybe you could support the very friendly service person during the breakfast, she was alone and had much to do. But she was very nice and helpful!

It was amazing! I have been in Brussels for the first time together with a friend to explore the city. The hotel is nice, modern and near the metro station Schuman (4 stations to Brussels central station). The personal was super friendly and helpful. Thanks again to the service woman who cooked more of potato wedges just for us!! :) The breakfast was very delicious with crêpes for example. We had a great weekend in a wonderful city. We will come back for sure. MERCI à Holiday Inn Schuman!

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• Standard King Room with Sofa Bed

This seems trivial, even as I write it, but the towels were absolutely terrible. For such a fine hotel with great amenities, it's hard to understand why they have such truly miserable towels for their guests.

Browse Holiday Inn Hotel Brussels-Schuman traveller photo gallery