Reviews of Hotel Queen Mary 3 stars

23 Rue 'T Kintstraat, 1000 Brussels, Belgium

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

The window in the room was not closing, it was broken.
    • Budget Double Room

The staff almost didn’t speak any English. It was close to impossible to communicate at times when the main receptionist wasn’t there! The elevator was broken and then when fixed was actually dangerous to use. They charged my card without letting me know, when I arrived, not at checkout.

The window in the room was not closing, it was broken. They gave us a better room fir the same price.

A nice place within walking distance to Grand Place.
    • Budget Double Room

The WiFi never would work.

This was a nice, quiet place to stay close enough for a quick walk to the Grand Place. They let us drop our luggage off early so we could spend the day in the city.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

The clerk was rude, unfriendly and acted as though I was a...
    • Budget Double Room

The clerk was rude, unfriendly and acted as though I was a bother to be there. The walls in the room were wet and moldy. The sink was dripping on the floor, toilet leaking around base, seat on toilet broken. The area felt like I was in a bad neighborhood and may be robbed at any moment. No parking

BED BUGS
    • Budget Triple Room

BED BUGS!!!! When we told the owner that there are bedbugs in our room we wasn't surprised The crew doesn't know English and not always available at the reception

The staff tried giving me a single bed having paid for a double
    • Budget Double Room

They gave me a single bed room, after showing him id paid for a double he still wouldn't give me one. Eventually after refusing to give in, he obliged.

It’s ok for a short stay.
    • Budget Triple Room

The room is quite clean but the duvet covers wasn’t match with the blankets, make us ft very uncomfortable during sleeping. The staff not often in the counter, not easy to ask questions.

It’s in a really fantastic location, not far away from the square.

Worst hotel I have been to
    • Budget Double Room

- By far the worst hotel I have ever been to - Barely enough space for the bed in the room - No working wifi and staff refused to help; not even to restart the router - Tiny rundown shower. You cannot get inside - You hear everything through the walls - Super old and slow elevator - TV had a line right through the middle

The lady on the desk when i arrived was very nice and very...
    • Budget Double Room

The hotel is very dated and in somewhat of a run down condition.with broken bits and stained carpets and a designer comforter that was designed in tbe 1950s. It was also a long way from the train station

The lady on the desk when i arrived was very nice and very helpful

Would recommend
    • Budget Triple Room

- Wifi was not working when we were staying there, but I believe they fixed it by now (I was given access to their staff wifi, but it was very slow because the router was too far) - Slight misunderstanding int the beginning but it was resolved and everything was OK (it was about them not being able to confirm my credit card and then informing me about it very late in the evening of the day before arriving, that I we can stay only for one night instead of the two planned... But the problem was resolved and everything was then alright)

+ The location is good - walking distance to the city center, also close to the tram/bus station. + The room does not have an electric kettle, but you can ask for it at the reception + The staff is nice, although some have limited English, they try to help

Staff extremely friendly and helpful but communication was...
    • Budget Double Room

Property being refurbished. TV didnt work. No tea/coffee facility but provided a kettle and hair dryer after i asked for them. Breakfast not available until after 9am so i missed it. Shower head needed cleaning

Staff extremely friendly and helpful but communication was difficult. Bed comfy snd room warm

friendly, clean, simple but good breakfast for only 8 EURO
    • Budget Double Room

credit card machine was broken, so I had to pay cash, and after 5 days the original blocked amount in my credit card (75 EURO) is still blocked as "pending transaction" . Also a waterboiler and some coffe packs in the room would be nice.

friendly, clean, simple but good breakfast for only 8 EURO

Fantastic. 10 out of 10.

It would be great if there was a shelf in the bathroom. The rest was really fine. No complains.

It was one of the best hotels ever. Incredible brakfasts, nice and helpful owner, comfortable room and really 10-15 min walk to the city centre. We had everything what we needed and even more. Our flight was in the evening and we were allowed to stay till that time for free!

Great location for budget stay
    • Budget Double Room

The card machine was broken when we were checking out and they wanted to take a photocopy of our credit card to secure payment for later. The towels were not changed albeit they changed the duvet of the bed.

The hotel was located right outside the centre of the town. Located near many bars and restaurants. The room and bathroom were clean. There was an elevator. The WiFi worked well. The main door was open late at night.

Nice central location in Brussels, with excellent management

The bed was somewhat uncomfortable/stiff; the only downside to our stay here.

Excellent location close to the center of Brussels; about a 10 min walk to St. Catherine's Church/Plaza and 10-15 min to the Grand Place. The owner of the properly is very professional and helpful (slightly direct/forward in his responses, but he wants to ensure a great stay for his guests). Our original room that we were given was smaller than we had booked and had a problem with the bathroom facilities, and the owner rectified it immediately and got us another room. The second room that we stayed in was simple, but very clean and quite spacious.

Unfriendly staff at the reception

The reception man was very arrogant, rude and inconvenient. The lift wasn't work and nobody at the hotel offered to carry my bags to the 3rd flor. The guy at the reception desk acted like it was a normal thing and didn't apologize for the inconvenient. Towels and bed sheets had some hairs on it. But for me the worst situation was with the reception guy (no comments....).

Very good, highly recommend specially for the economy business trips.

The pressure of water in the shower (Dropped just once). Public transport was fairly close, however I cannot complain that it was too far.

This is not a fancy hotel but had the basic stuff for a business trip. Staff, the gentleman I met was very helpful and polite. My flight was canceled and I had to leave one day earlier and he changed the booking and charged me the number of nights that I had stayed.

Dirty room not worth the money.
    • Budget Double Room

Location was ok. Hotel smelled musty. Room was dirty. Dirty covers and dirty bathroom. Would not recommend, not worth $80usd. This is a 2 star hotel, even some hostels are better than this place.

Good location, perfect staff and very clean room.
    • Budget Double Room

The staff was very welcoming, helpful and kind. The hotel is close the the city center (10 min walk to Grand Place). The room was spacious and comfortable and very clean. The receptionist was always ready to help with anything we need. Definitely, I will come back to this hotel when I will travel again to Bruxelles. We had an wonderful stay there.

6 night stay went very well

Maybe more fabric softener could be used for the towels? Everything is being renovated and changed so that will probably change in the near future anyway

The hotel covered all the basics that you could expect for this price. The manager was extremely helpful and responded very quickly if I needed anything.

Wonderful
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms have no air conditioners, so when it was 33 degrees (Celsius), we were dying from heat.

Very close to city center. Comfortable rooms. Wi-fi was perfect!

Ok place if your on a budget
    • Budget Double Room

The rooms are old, it needs redecorating, wifi wasn't great.

Breakfast is good and is in a good location in terms of access to the city. The staff seem very nice too.

Perfect place for a short stay :)

Quiet and sunny rooms. Helpful and hospitable stuff. Hotel is very close to the city center, to the metro and train stations. Perfect WiFi connection. Thank u so much :)

Awesome!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Noise from street at the morning.

Hotel is awesome! The best stuff i've ever met. Stay for three time a row in one journey and every time and every room was very nice. Thank you so much, sir! From Russia SPB with love.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

The location is great to my mind.

The cleaning in the bathroom could be better.

The location is great to my mind. This is not a noisy central area and at the same time it took us about 10 minutes walk to go to a very center. The staff is very friendly.

Choose the hotel without any doubts

Helpful stuff, Perfect destination of the hotel.close to the city center and to the train station. Clean hotel and clean rooms. Perfect breakfast Perfect wifi connection.

The most terrifying, disgusting and horrible experience

I never imagined that I woke up in the midst of night and found bedbugs creeping around inside my bed!!! At the midnight (around 3 am), I felt itchy in my arms and woke up to find out that there were many rashes in both arms. After that, my friend also woke up and tried to identify the source. To our greatest astonishment and anger, we found that there were many bed bugs creeping around inside the beds, hiding in the blankets and also under the mattress for ALL the three beds in our room. We immediately dashed to front desk, waited for a while when there was nobody attending. However, there was no one at all (we just wondered why the so-called hotel claimed it had 24-hour reception). We could do nothing but waited till the next morning to report. Not sure if the man was the owner or not, the man was very calm when we complained to him the next morning. We even showed the video that we took for the bedbugs and my arms as evidence. However, he tried to avoid the eye contact to our evidence (both the video and the rashes as shown) but just claimed that the previous travelers did not have such complaint and asked us to check on the Internet. Indeed, our hearts sunk for such irresponsible and non-caring response. Even the man counter-proposed to change the room for us for the entire nights, our trust on him and this so-called "hotel" totally lost and we left the "hotel" immediately to search for another real hotel. Indeed, our holidays were ruined by accommodating such a devil place as our arms, body and necks are full of rashes. We needed to buy cream and medicine from local pharmacy to soothe the itchy problem and even wore long-sleeves clothes for the entire trip to cover hundred of the rashes. When would the bite marks go away? Who knows?! Hopefully, it won't take months to go away. (It is a pity that this site does not support video clip, so I just upload some pics for other travelers info.)

Really really nice !

I really liked staying at the Hotel Queen Mary. We arrived earlier then expected and they let us check in right away. The place is situated in the center of Brussels and we reached everything we wanted by foot. The guy working on the reception was really nice and even gave us a map and show us the road to the main shopping street and recommended places to eat. The wifi was great. I can't find anything to complain about and totally would recommend the hotel to a friend :)

A very cozy hotel, situated 5 minutes from the center of...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A very cozy hotel, situated 5 minutes from the center of Brussels. a very friendly man on the reception. Good brekfast including hot meal. Clean rooms and good WI-FI. I would deffinately recomend this hotel either for a short and a long trip.

The hotel is 4 minutes far from the center, any tourist attraction can be reached on foot or by the bus (the stop is at the end of the street) or by train (stations are near). Rooms are new, big, tidied everyday with clean sheets and any service is on point. The host is always very kind and available to give suggestions or information.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

, No sign to show the hotel name

There is no sign to show the hotel name. If you do not have an access to google map you may not find the hotel easily. I did not see any staff in the hotel except one person "the receptionist". He also does not want to talk to you. He refuses to keep the keys if you go out and tells you " keep it with you"! n

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

:ocation - in the heart of historical Brussels.

Hygiene. Toilet in the room was not properly cleaned when I checked into the room. Very old blankets too. Overall hygiene and quality of room furniture is lower compared to other 3 stars hotels.

:ocation - in the heart of historical Brussels.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Good for a short stay

wifi didn't work, there was no possibility to order breakfast for the New Year's morning (the man from the reception said that he will not prepare it) :D

near to the city centre, but the way from the railway station to the hotel is not a nice neighbourhood :/ comfortable bed, clean room

Ok stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff seemed a little rude and the room is a lotttle scruffy.

Location was good. Bathroom was modern. Wifi was good. We didn't spend much time in the hotel so it was good for its price.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Excellent customer service.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Excellent customer service. Professional, welcoming and helpful host. Everything was very clean in the room, comfortable beds and modern bathroom. Would definelty stay here again.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Don't stay here
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The pictures do not accurately show the hotel. It's very old. The linens were old and nasty. The bed was horrible. You could feel the springs in the mattress. The headboard wasn't attached too anything, so at night it would hit the wall. The pillows were dirty. The man at the counter didn't brief us on anything about the hotel ex: breakfast. He didn't check my documents to ensure it was me checking in. He just handed me a key. When we checked out, all he did was hand me apiece of paper. I would not recommend staying here. We had 2 people in our room and they only gave us 1 towel. There is no "do not disturb" sign. So everyday they come in and make your bed. Don't change the sheets. Just simply make your bed.

The location was pretty decent. We weren't too far from the Grand Place. Nothing was too far too walk to.

the smell was very bad in the room

the smell was very bad in the room

Cheap for the area. Great location.
    • Budget Double Room

Delay in check-in possibly down to booking.com

Location was fantastic Very close to bars and restaurants

Nice location, comfy bed
    • Budget Double Room

Noisy because I could hear my naighbour talking very clearly. Also the shower was very small.

Nice location, comfy bed

• Budget Double Room

Very small room. The reception speaks English hardly. Very old building. Very Very small bathroom. It was very hard to take a shower.

Fine especially for loan travellers

The pillows

Friendly

Very nice neighborhood, 10 minutes walk to Grand Place, ...
    • Budget Double Room

Very nice neighborhood, 10 minutes walk to Grand Place, close to metro. Clean and civilized hotel, nice people at the reception.

smell from the sink

smell from the sink

Silent, reasonable confort and price.
    • Budget Double Room

wardrobe can not be used...

Cosy room with easy access

Cosy room with easy access

Affordable, central & accommodating staff! Extremely happy.
    • Budget Double Room

I enjoyed the location, everything within walking distance. The man working there was kind, friendly and obliging.

definitely worth the money

Very friendly guy at the desk. Nice clean room, tv and wifi working fine. 10 min walk to city centre.

Satisfied and definitely will come back if I had the chance to go to Belgia again!

The owner was really helpful! I have so much respect in him, organizing this hotel by himself. Great service and hospitality 👍

The receptionist was very nice.
    • Budget Double Room

The tv signal was broken every few mins.

The receptionist was very nice.

A pleasant stay adjacent to central city attractions.

Helpful staff and good location. Loved the shower.

Acceptable after changing the room.

One of the room had some awful bugs in the beds.

The fee was deducted from our card before we arrived which...

The fee was deducted from our card before we arrived which was inconvenient and rude as we intended to pay separately.

Cheap and basic hotel near city centre

Room was very basic and old fashioned, but clean and simple.

Location was close to town centre.

Value for money, but not great

It was very hot in the room, no aircon

Close to city center

Near Grand Place

Near Grand Place

Good value for money

No air-conditioning.

Great location close to the center; fast WIFI connection; friendly and welcoming service; decent breakfast; reasonable pricing.

the very accommodating staff and owner

the very accommodating staff and owner

Not special but all OK for the level of the hotel

A little stronger light in the room

Quiet, all standard but OK for the price. Close to center but not in the center

good location

Slightly dusty floor

Very friendly staff, good location

Comfortable, clean with a convenient location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Drainage type of smell at entrance, but not in room

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Hotel is quite good, price is relatively low, city centre is...

Little bit dirty coverlets - I even had an allergy to the dust.

Hotel is quite good, price is relatively low, city centre is 10 minutes walk

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Great hotel!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Exceptional staff, most helpful and professional! Very clean place, highly recommended!

great staff, warm place, near centrum, easy to find

great staff, warm place, near centrum, easy to find

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

The beautiful brussels journey!

The bed was very comfortable and the whole room was trendy and clean!!! The hotel's boss is friendly, helpfully!

• Reviewed: 12 March 2015

Room clean and serviced daily, breakfast good.

Shower was erratic and temperature difficult to regulate. Room safe didn't work

Room clean and serviced daily, breakfast good. Staff friendly and most helpful. In close proximity to Gare du Midi and Grande Place. Very highly recommend and would book again.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2015

old style building

Areas of improvement: - Wifi not working other than ground floor which is not detailed before . False promise against the details which provided in the online site. - Less choice for breakfast. -Awful alot of noise in the third floor. -Not worth the penny -Cancellation policy should be changed according to customer benfits rather than company needs.

old style building Staff service is good.

There are also 37 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.